Possible Indian Military Scenarios - XII

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Re: Possible Indian Military Scenarios - XII

Post by vivek_ahuja »

SKIES NORTHEAST OF SILIGURI
INDIA
DAY 6 + 1105 HRS

Group Captain Tikkar, Observer-Actual, on board the CABS AEW sat back in his seat and strapped his seat harness just as the aircraft began to take a noticeable roll. The long, tubular cabin of the aircraft rolled about its axis for a good forty degrees and then he felt a side force pushing into it. All other controllers were also strapped in, waiting this momentary interruption to their work as the pilots conducted dramatic change of heading, a part of their evasive manoeuvres designed to put more space between them and the inbound Chinese fighters. Bottom line: they were headed south...

The sunlight changed direction too, as seen by those inside the cabin behind the cockpit, even though it was close to noon. A few seconds later the roll angles began reducing, and the cabin began to stabilize its direction with gravity, allowing the controllers to immediately resume comms chatter with their allocated friendlies out over Indian airspace. Group Captain Tikkar depressed the release of his four point mission-controller seat’s harness and it reeled itself back in. He got up on his feet and walked the few feet down the cabin to resume his familiar position alongside the RSO and the ROC, seated close to each other.

Okay. No point avoiding it... Tikkar thought as he rubbed his eyes behind the RSO’s seat before speaking:
“Let’s hear it!”
“The Baghdogra AN-32s on the airlift corridor to Paru have terminated their flights and are initiating tactical egress out of the AO. They will recover to Baghdogra when the coast is clear. For now the IMTRAT-COM supply and logistics operations are on hold. The airlift corridor has been shut down.” The RSO said. Tikkar shook his head in silent approval:

“Well, the Chinese achieved that objective straight away, didn’t they? Never mind. We will re-open the corridor soon enough. What’s the status on the Baghdogra Bisons and the E-A-C big dogs?”

“Two flights of Tezpur Sukhois scrambling off the ground for the E-A-C response. C-A-C is all out...” the RSO looked at the screen in front of him which showed two pairs of new control names that got added to the friendlies roster on the left hand side of the screen. At the same time the radar plot showed the new additions climbing rapidly and headed northeast:
“...and there are your Baghdogra Bisons. They just rolled off the tarmac. Baghdogra Base Ops has transferred operational control to S-T-A-C and Observer Flight. They are ours now.

ETA over Bhutanese airspace BARCAP position is six minutes...”
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

hmm...so the game begins again...
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

vivek_ahuja wrote: ETA over Bhutanese airspace BARCAP position is six minutes...”
Six minutes are up!
Jamie Boscardin
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Jamie Boscardin »

of anything military who have been reading this thread and gaining insight into the world of security issues affecting India.

Frankly, I have been deeply affected by this implicit and unappreciated (by the writers at least) impact factor of this thread. I think its about time the writers took the writing job seriously or else should leave. I have decided to take the former approach. I think we as writers owe it to the readers by making this thread as professional and in depth as possible.

Time to bring this thread back to the front page on BR.

Will restart and continue posts from today on my previous scenario.

-Vivek Ahuja
I still go back and read this when the posts dry out!!!
Santosh
BRFite

Post by Santosh »

Isn't Bhutan like heavily Akash infested by 2014. Let's see them ambushing the in bounds. :wink:
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

No I think by 2014, BDL, BEL et al would have barely fullfilled the huge orders placed...these would be anchored to guard IAF bases and perhaps railway junctions (like NJP, bongaigaon, GAU, rangia, lumding...) mostly.
bsatyaki
BRFite -Trainee

Post by bsatyaki »

Fully agree with Singhaji.Having seen the manufacturing capability of various Indian industries, esp the ones which have managed to take the fight to the MNCs, I feel its time we handed over defence production to selected Indian corporates likes L & T,M &M,Tata group.DRDO can keep designers/ scientists embedded in the factories...remember WW2?
Thats the practical way forward to reach optimum level of production without delays,kickbacks and tender bottlenecks...my two pence...
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Vivek!!!!!

Please!!!!!
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Image ImageImage
andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

Monsieur Ahuja,

I have quite a few more articles ready to be sent, please confirm you recieved the first lot.

Oh and bliss post more on the current scenario you have left the boys hanging at stage where I can almost compare it to hanging a guy out on the third base :(( :(( :((
Ghatotkacha
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Ghatotkacha »

Vivek -
Please take your time.
But, hopefully you would have time to post something this weekend.

:) Please bring in Tejas. If not on offense but at least in defense/resistance mode.
Suresh S
BRFite

Post by Suresh S »

Vivek enjoys chinese torture for BRFites. Come on BRO
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Has Vivek been captured by chicom intelligence? :(
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

^^^
Kide padein !
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

vivek is riding J20. that is why he is too big on all our Radars.
Hari Sud
BRFite

Post by Hari Sud »

Try reverse psychology. Ignore Vivek and Shankar for a few months. Stop visiting this thread and may be that this trick may work.

It is quite possible that the book publishers of Vivek's book do not want any scenarios to continue. Or they may have copyright for the scenario hence wish it stopped. Or Vivek may be simply sick.

Whatever the cause the good readers of the scenarios should stop begging.
manish.rastogi
BRFite

Post by manish.rastogi »

^^can anyone else start something new till shankar da and vivek sir have a vacation....jamwal has already started one but dil maange more.....
Ghatothkach bhai can you again start a scenario....it was quite entertaining to read such scenarios which were fun...
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

Actually,

Sometimes, personal issues come in the way of regular posting. Causes a break longer than intended for the thread.

Note to readers: Writers not deliberately ignoring thread. Unforeseen personal events caused interruption.

Back in action today.

Thanks for the patience.
Hari Sud wrote:Try reverse psychology. Ignore Vivek and Shankar for a few months. Stop visiting this thread and may be that this trick may work.
Nice. Not sure what to say to that.
A ) It is quite possible that the book publishers of Vivek's book do not want any scenarios to continue.
B ) Or they may have copyright for the scenario hence wish it stopped.
C ) Or Vivek may be simply sick.
All of the above are quite true, but while I have found ways around the first two, Option 'C' is out of my control. Health has always been always very fragile for me and events as a result of it have been somewhat severe.

Regards

-Vivek
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

Vivek,
we love the way you write and what you write. we also understand you need to take breaks for whatever reason. we're just :(( :(( cos we dont get our regular fix :mrgreen: So please continue as and when possible and we'll all be grateful for your efforts. thanks!
andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

vivek_ahuja wrote:Actually,

Sometimes, personal issues come in the way of regular posting. Causes a break longer than intended for the thread.

Note to readers: Writers not deliberately ignoring thread. Unforeseen personal events caused interruption.

Back in action today.

...snip

-Vivek
Mate, dont you worry you have more than one well wisher on your side from BR.

Bliss to not get ticked off at the birathers, we are mere fans of your writing.

Btw can you confirm you got the first lot of articles? I have a whole heap of thers that will get scanned up by this week and sent!
manish.rastogi
BRFite

Post by manish.rastogi »

vivek,
well i wish you never get sick also i wont mind if you dont post for months but i would be really worried if you get very ill...so just write at your own pace and keep everyone happy....now its a humble request that we dont mind if you take breaks but just if you would post about it here telling about the break....many of us wont get sad when everyday when we open BRF and there is no post from you!!

Anyways...i think its time to kick some chinese arse!! eeehah...
aditp
BRFite

Post by aditp »

6 minutes kyaa. More than 6 days have elapsed.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Huge relief that you are back in action. May GOD keep you hale and hearty to carry on your well researched work.

May I suggest that instead of posting many posts in one go , do post one on every alternate day. This way ,I think, your reserves would not be depleted quickly and readers would not get impatient with dearth of posts. However, it all depends on your style.

Do take care of your health, nothing is more precious than that.
Khalsa
BRFite

Post by Khalsa »

andy B wrote:
vivek_ahuja wrote:Actually,

Back in action today.

...snip

-Vivek
Mate, dont you worry you have more than one well wisher on your side from BR.

Bliss to not get ticked off at the birathers, we are mere fans of your writing.

Btw can you confirm you got the first lot of articles? I have a whole heap of thers that will get scanned up by this week and sent!

I second Andy. Take your time and keep the scenarios coming.
Just ignore any baited comments. We understand that you are doing this while you have a real life to live as well.

I find your writing to be very qualitative. Keep it up !!
rohan_kumaon
BRFite -Trainee

Post by rohan_kumaon »

I support Andy and Khalasa. It is a real pleasure to read Vivek scenario and I would like to extend my thanks to him.

@Vivek - You just carry on your pace...we will be always waiting!

cheers
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

When did Vivek-ji start this scenario?
Can someone please please point me to the point when he started it?

I haven't visited this thread in the last 2 years or so.
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Gagan sir,
The first post of this thread is the starting of the scenario... I believe it was sometime in Aug 2008 IIRC...
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Shukriya Bala,

Err, Please don't 'Sir' me...
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

SKIES OVER BHUTAN
DAY 6 + 1115 HRS

“Clear release one! Clear release two!”

Bullrider-Actual felt the aircraft jitter and become significantly lighter around him even as the two R-77s streaked from under the aircraft and pulled up into the blue skies, their exhaust trails disappearing into the white clouds a few seconds later. Six others followed suit. They were all soon beyond visual range...

The screeching alarm inside the cockpit reminded the four Indian Bison pilots that the skies were far from friendly. Enemy missiles were now also in the air, and the two Chinese Su-30s had released a salvo of four missiles in quick succession...

Bullrider flight had just released all of their available R-77s on the two inbound Sukhois. Fact was, the Indian pilots were far more comfortable taking on the Chinese J-10Bs coming in second echelon flight behind the Sukhois in a direct fur-ball IR engagement, where the agile Bisons could out-turn and out-burn them. And they did not want to do the same with the Su-30s. Simple fact. At the same time, the only way they were going to take down the heavily defended Sukhois in a BVR environment was to overwhelm their defensive suites. The Chinese pilots, however, were betting on a second round of BVR, and hence were preserving some of those missiles. Bullrider-Actual knew that there would be no second round BVR. Ranges and terrain prevented it. Experience counted in these matters. The two Chinese pilots had made their first tactical mistake...

“Time to turn and burn, people! Bullrider Flight: break! Break! Outrun those inbounds!” Bullrider-Actual shouted over the comms even as he pushed throttle all the way forward and clicked the side-button afterburner, immediately feeling the sudden forward jerk of acceleration. Fuel was good. All good. He then flipped the aircraft to the side, pulled back on the stick and felt the massive snow covered peaks of the Himalayas cover his entire view from the cockpit glass. The RWR tone was on full screech now. Inbound missiles using sukhoi radar to zoom in!

Come on...up you come, you brute! The Mig-21 is agile, just like a sports car. But pulling out after a tight inner flip-turn after cutting afterburner strained the airframe to the max, and the response was very sluggish. The peaks were now higher than the mean airplane altitude, and continuing to do so. Common tactic: put a stone wall between you and the radar that’s guiding those missiles on to you. Easier said than done, however! All eight Indian R-77 shots were now terminal and on their own having lost parental radar coverage when Bullrider Flight broke formation to evade the Chinese missiles. Presumably the Chinese had done the same. If not, well...

Bullrider Flight was currently over the Paru valley when they had broken formation. Down below, the Indian Army troops under General Potgam were getting a firsthand look at the battle taking place in the skies above. The first two Mig-21s screeched through the valley at extremely low altitude and full afterburner after recovering roll attitude. Three Chinese missiles streaked over the peaks to the northern side of the valley, leading a white exhaust trail that was contrasting with the blue skies. The first R-77 continued to fly over the peaks and headed down south, disappearing over the southern valley peaks, having completely lost all contact with its target. The two Indian Mig-21s were flying down the valley from its north-western opening to its south-eastern end, continuing to lose altitude down to treetop levels, and presenting the Chinese missiles with a lateral swiping angle for a takedown. It was partly successful. The remaining two missiles snapped down upon terminal acquisition and slashed across the flight-path of the two Indian Migs, the second missile detonating just in front of the rear Mig-21.

The ensuing fireball and the shockwave was big enough to encompass the aircraft which was forced to fly through it. When it exited the cloud a split second later, it disintegrated into several pieces, the aircraft fuselage flipped over and snapped into several pieces under the dynamic pressures and the onboard fuel ignited, send a smoky pillar of debris earthward, just beyond the south-eastern airfield perimeter at Paru...

Oh god! Observer-Actual, we have lost Bullrider-Two! I say again, Bullrider-Two is down east of Paru airfield!” Bullrider-Actual’s voice cracked as his aircraft flew out of the valley, leaving his wingman’s aircraft littered across the road and the runway at Paru. But the bad news kept coming:

“Bullrider-Four is down! -Four is down!” the comms came alive as the other Bullrider pilot also accessed the skies around him. The RWRs were continuously screeching now...

“Observer-Actual! I need a sitrep, now!” Bullrider-Actual demanded in a strained voice.
On board the AEW aircraft, Group-Captain Tikkar ran his hand over his forehead upon hearing the news. Goddamn it! And it wasn’t over yet. The Observer-RSO was on the comms:
“Bullrider: be advised! One Sierra bird is down! The other is somewhere in the bushes north of Thimpu taking evasive maneuveres! Stand-by for acquisition! Second Echelon Juliet-Tenners are spreading into BVR pattern, one hundred klicks north of your current position, waiting for you to pull out of the terrain!”

“Roger that Observer! Bullrider-Three, confirm copy of last! Over!” Bullrider-Actual ordered, even as he continued to take his aircraft north on the Thimpu valley, making sure to keep between the peaks...
“Copy all, Leader! Pop-up IR shots?”

“Yeah, roger! Stick to the valleys! I do not have visual on you, so we are on our own. Got to run interference for a little longer! Stick between the peaks best you can, take your shots and get back down there. Good IR contrast against the cold skies! Keep an eye out for that other Sierra-Uniform to our north. Don’t mix it up with him! Out!” Bullrider-Actual shouted, and then flipped his weapons selection to IR R-60 missiles. These missiles had been indigenously updated to hone in on all aspect IR signatures, which worked especially well against a good contrast IR image, such as say: a nice J-10 on afterburner against the cold blue skies behind him. An image such as that would be seen if you were looking up at it, that is.

The four J-10Bs had by now spread into a line-abreast formation just as they cleared the Northern Bhutanese border. Now their radars were scanning the southern skies of Bhutan for the enemy. They had already detected the emissions from the CABS AEW to the south, which they knew to be directing the Indian air defence efforts, but it was too far away. No. Before they got to him, they had to clear the air of the remaining Indian fighters, four of whom had disappeared within the peaks below and had yet to recover...

Come on...just a little further...Bullrider-Actual thought as he streaked over the Thimpu outskirts in full supersonic speeds, shattering the houses below in a sonic boom at low altitude, even as he scanned the skies above him and to the north that he could see from within the valley walls.

There!

“This is Bullrider-Actual! Tally-ho!” He said over the comms to no-one in particular even as he pulled his aircraft nose up, brining the view from his HUD to cover what his eyeballs had already detected a few moments ago: four dark specks against the clear blue-white morning skies to the north. The IR optics of the R-60 had already begun their deadly lock on the image-scanners around the same time as the Mig-21 cleared the peaks. Since it came up against the terrain, both visually and electronically, it went undetected until a second later when the four J-10s began breaking formation: they had seen the Bullrider Bison Leader charging at them with both horns for a deadly ram...

“Pickle! Pickle! Clear release!” Bullrider-Actual again said over the comms right as he saw his two R-60s heading one after another for independent targets. All of it within visual range! At this angle, and at this set of target kinetics and IR image contrast, he could hardly miss. The two thin white trails of the R-60s slammed into their targets within seconds of each other, sending two fireballs as what remained of two brand new Chinese J-10Bs...

“Splash one! And Splash two! You are not taking down Bison-Leader that easy today, reds!”

With his Mig-21 still at positive pitch and climbing, Bullrider-Actual cleared the target azimuth a second later and began manoeuvring to turn and burn within the remaining two J-10s even as a third spherical fireball erupted behind another J-10, sending licks of flame coming out of the fuselage of that aircraft. A moment later the cockpit erupted out of the aircraft and an ejection seat pulled clear...

“Bullrider-Three, at your service, Flight-Leader!” the voice said over the comms inside Bullrider-Actual’s cockpit. The adrenaline was really pushing now when he replied:

Damn good to hear from you, old boy! Do you have visual on the fourth bugger? I don’t ha...”
A streak of yellow tracer rounds flew past the cockpit glass a moment later and caused Bullrider-Actual to flip his aircraft instinctively to the side to evade. As he did so, a large blur passed by the side of his glass. The comms came alive once again:

“Observer-Actual here! The other Sierra Uniform is right within you guys! Take evasion now!”
“No shit, Observer! –Three, go after the other Juliet bird! I am going after this guy!”

“Roger, Leader! S-U-thirty at your seven! J-ten at four position! I have visual! Tally-ho!”

Bullrider-Actual had of course already seen the direction vector of the Su-30. In the closeness of it all, the Chinese crew had not been able to release missiles, having recovered right within the ensuing dogfight. But now they had recovered orientation and situational-awareness. The aircraft began to manoeuvre. Hard!

On board the Mig-21, all that remained with cannon rounds. And fuel would be turning critical soon as well. But at the moment the large monster of a Su-30 positioning itself for an IR missile shot at point blank range was the greater worry for Bullrider-Actual. This is not a fight he relished...

His Mig-21 was already beginning to see the signs of where this battle would go. Even as he slashed across towards the Chinese sukhoi, firing a burst of cannon tracers, the experienced Chinese pilot simply pulled away from the Mig-21, going over it and casting a large shadow momentarily as it blocked the sun, and was now suddenly behind the Indian Bison. Just like that Bullrider-Actual was caught in a tail chase, and he was already heading straight down into the peaks as the Sukhoi began to recover kinetic energy and pulled behind him. He realized that his Bison was already flying along the same Thimpu valley as he had taken on the way in, and sure enough he suddenly saw the sprawling city of Thimpu on the horizon. He looked around the cockpit: afterburner on, fuel low. Weapons gone, and RWR screeching continuously in his ears. There was no escape to the mathematics of it all...

He pulled his aircraft around for one last desperate attempt to confuse the Sukhoi. He knew he had bought time for the Indian defences. He knew he was buying time even now for Bullrider-Three, who would have finished off the last of the four J-10Bs. But now it was all about the experienced Chinese Sukhoi leader and his own Mig-21: he flipped the aircraft to the side, pulled it in a steep turn that sent every part of his body squeezed against the seat and managed to pull above the valley walls while turning a full 180 degrees. He only got halfway there, the Sukhoi pilot saw, anticipated and used his superior manoeuvrability to momentarily pitch the aircraft up and yaw it to the side to lace the front of the nose of the Mig-21 with a long burst of tracer fire, riddling the aircraft from nose to tail until his gun chambers registered empty. He barely recovered his massive bird from the manoeuvre before it hit the ground, and that too only after his RSO was shouting from behind alongside the on-board computer to avoid terrain collision.

As the massive beast of the Su-30 pulled up on full afterburner above the city of Thimpu, the Indian Mig-21 disintegrated into smithereens after hitting the slopes of one of the peaks west of the city. On board the CABS-AEW, Bullrider-Actual disappeared from radar and comms.

His battle had ended, but the war over the Thimpu skies had just begun...
Last edited by vivek_ahuja on 21 Jan 2011 08:50, edited 4 times in total.
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

SKIES OVER BHUTAN
DAY 6 + 1120 HRS

“Bullrider-Leader is down! This is Bullrider-Three, taking command of flight!” the voice message came over the R/T on board the CABS-AEW aircraft. Group-Captain Tikkar was rubbing his eyes and shaking his head when it did. His RSO was continuing the R/T chatter for him:

“Roger that, Bullrider-Three! Observer copies all!”
“What the heck is he taking command of? He’s the only one left! But at least he is following protocol. Good sign. He is calm and composed out there.” The RSO said after turning his head to face Tikkar.

“Tell him to get the hell out of there! He got the last J-10 of the second-echelon group. And get me an update for the damned EAC Sukhois! Bullrider has bought all of the time they could buy with their lives!” Tikkar ordered back harshly before turning towards the ROC and continuing: “What’s the Red-Air Sitrep?”

“Not good. That Sierra-Uniform bird is racing back north to finish off Bullrider-Three. All four second-echelon Juliet Tenners have been eliminated. But the third-echelon mud-movers now have a clear route: they have just entered Bhutanese airspace and heading for Paru and Haa-Dzong!”

“What do we have in between to stop them? Army Air defences?” the RSO asked his colleague directly. The response was also immediate:
“Between Thimpu and Paru valleys? Are you kidding me? IMTRAT-COM has nothing down there at the moment! What do you think we were trying to airlift in there before these buggers ruined that party? Those Juliet-tenner mud movers have a clear run unless we get those E-A-C big dogs within their midst!”

“And how long before they intervene?” Tikkar asked the two operators.
“Not soon enough: the Chinese birds will hit Paru before our birds mix it up with them.”

“God help those Paras on the ground now. Send out the air raid alert to IMTRAT-COM. Tell them to dig in down there...”
Last edited by vivek_ahuja on 21 Jan 2011 08:50, edited 1 time in total.
atul.arvind
BRFite -Trainee

Post by atul.arvind »

vivek sir back with a bang....i am lovin it :D
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

You're a genius, Vivek saar. :D
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Wow... Awesome come back Ahuja sir...
On a side note, it seems sad that even in fictional scenarios the Mig21 is living up to its nick name "The Flying Coffin"... They just keep falling like rocks from the sky everytime they engage an enemy..
Its not that i don't understand the physics behind it but it still hurts..
manish.rastogi
BRFite

Post by manish.rastogi »

vivek_ahuja wrote:
“Splash one! And Splash two! You are not taking down Bison-Leader that easy today, reds!”

His battle had ended, but the war over the Thimpu skies had just begun...
Irony at its best....I am speechless!!! :( :((

But vivek sir you again showed your evil side by ending this time's post at such an important and exciting point!!! :evil:
anand_sankar
BRFite

Post by anand_sankar »

@Bala:

The very real depiction of loss ratios is what I like about Mr Ahuja's writing. Granted, India is going to win in the end, but with a heavy price.

In a post-2015 conflict, the Mig-21, even the Bisons, is going to find itself very exposed. Innovative tactics and individual pilot skills can only do so much.

Using an analogy familiar to me... A cast-iron Bullet 350 can only be pushed a a little bit more, even with open exhausts and a K&N filter!
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

^^ Anand Sir,
As i said i understand the things involved(to some extent) but it still hurts..
And its not the loss of Airframes but the loss of the such exceptional aviators who could have raised hell for the enemy had they had a more decent fighter...
ANyways.. Stopping my rant with this..
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

er to my knowledge none of the chinese flankers have TVC (?) not the su27, j11 or su30mkk. someone pls correct me if wrong.

this is probably a situation where rafale IRST + mica IR would have permitted some good long range shots on the J10 followed by a strong escape...sigh.
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

^^ Speaking of which, This situation should also be ripe for using the MiG29's IRST IIRC...
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

>> The pilot had activated TVC and the aircraft began to manoeuvre. Hard!

no TVC on any PLAAF su's.
kaangeya
BRFite

Post by kaangeya »

Speaking of which, This situation should also be ripe for using the MiG29's IRST IIRC...
There are no set piece battles where you have the luxury of assembling your best to take on the enemy's best. There's always the fourth dimension of time which that misaatributed quote of Confederate Cavalryman Nathan Bedford Forrest accurately captures, "Git thar, fustest with the mostest."

Right now the enemy is doing that, and we are unable to build up quickly enough. Nothing like like getting hit when you are mobilizing. This nearly happened to us in 1965. And never rule out the possibility that it will happen again.