AeroIndia 2011

jimmy_moh
BRFite

Re: AeroIndia 2011

Post by jimmy_moh »

thanks dileep...

i will update once i get pass from SBI.. hopefully....
KrishG
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by KrishG »

Stupid service at SBI. I went to get a business visitor pass, the guy took the cash, got details printed on the pass. But, the ticket wasn't activated. He activated it with a different Unique ID than the one printed on the ticket. Now, he says I'll call you and inform you whether you'll have to come again tomorrow to get your ticket corrected. What stupidity! :evil:
jimmy_moh
BRFite

Post by jimmy_moh »

KrishG wrote:Stupid service at SBI. I went to get a business visitor pass, the guy took the cash, got details printed on the pass. But, the ticket wasn't activated. He activated it with a different Unique ID than the one printed on the ticket. Now, he says I'll call you and inform you whether you'll have to come again tomorrow to get your ticket corrected. What stupidity! :evil:
you paid the cash in the SBI...? so no need to pay through online..?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Easy way to get tickets from SBI
1) Check how far away you live from the few branches that sell AI tickets
2) Take day off
3) Take money and government ID card (Drivers lic, Passport/PAN card/ration card)
4) Wait in queue
5) Fill SBI chalaans - one chalaan per ticket. Pay money to SBI
6) Listen to whines of SBI staff about extra work and how this AI work will sully the reputation of the bank as the AI people do not turn up on time.
7) Watch with deep anxiety as an incredibly complex procedure is conducted using papers and your ID to eventually hand you a ticket. Hope the damn thing is actually activated.

It really is Rs 1500 per day for business days.

They are making it more and more and more of a pain to get into Aero India. It seems to be becoming a bureaucratic babus paradise. No matter how much you struggle to get a ticket you have to face a security check anyway at the entrance. So why go through all this? As long as the security at the entrance is good no threat will get in. It looks like they are really trying to keep people away. That is stupid.
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

KrishG wrote:Stupid service at SBI. I went to get a business visitor pass, the guy took the cash, got details printed on the pass. But, the ticket wasn't activated. He activated it with a different Unique ID than the one printed on the ticket. Now, he says I'll call you and inform you whether you'll have to come again tomorrow to get your ticket corrected. What stupidity! :evil:
Which SBI branch?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Marten wrote:We got our weekend Business Pass. Challan #1. :)
BIL got tickets in 15 minutes. Ulsoor branch did not have them. Indira Nagar branch did not work out, so ADE branch (the one that moved a few months ago) worked out. Surprising no one approached the one branch that would be most familiar with the procedure.
That means that the morons at the SBI branch Jayanagar IInd block (Near South End circle) are the biggest whiners. The HAL guy who was giving tickets was very patient. The SBI branch is at fault. They were whining all the time and being obstructive. Of course I am asshole enough to start intimidating fellow assholes and managed to shut one SBI junior manager up and drive him out of the cabin for talking crap when I was there.
jimmy_moh
BRFite

Post by jimmy_moh »

one more doubt guys.. so it is not required to pay cash through online..? , we can directly go to SBI and pay the money and get the pass..?
Drishyaman
BRFite

Post by Drishyaman »

Any Guesses on the Surprises which we can expect in AeroIndia 2011 ?
Any static model of Medium Lift Helicopter on display ?
Any static model of LIFT / AJT / CAS aircraft on display ?

Can we start guessing now ? I am eagerly waiting for the surprises.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

jimmy_moh wrote:we can directly go to SBI and pay the money and get the pass..?
Y.E.S.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Marten wrote:We got our weekend Business Pass. Challan #1. :)
BIL got tickets in 15 minutes. Ulsoor branch did not have them. Indira Nagar branch did not work out, so ADE branch (the one that moved a few months ago) worked out. Surprising no one approached the one branch that would be most familiar with the procedure.
Marten-saar,

Am hoping that weekend business ticket means either saturday or sunday ( not just saturday)?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Marten wrote:(SS Saar, Isn't South End Circle 3rd Block?)

We should list the names of the branches where folks could get tickets. Will also check with Cafe Coffee Day folks tomorrow to see if their branches are selling tickets.
It's listed as II blk. I think it is II blk. III blk is across the road.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

shiv wrote:Easy way to get tickets from SBI
<snip>
Still didnt get the tickets at SBI, SS ( got to meet Shiv-saar though making the SBI folks cower in their dhotis :mrgreen: )

Am praying that the HAL guy is at the SS branch tomorrow till 3:30 PM atleast ( am hoping to drop by around 3 types after taking half day at work)
KrishG
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by KrishG »

shiv wrote:That means that the morons at the SBI branch Jayanagar IInd block (Near South End circle) are the biggest whiners. The HAL guy who was giving tickets was very patient. The SBI branch is at fault. They were whining all the time and being obstructive. Of course I am asshole enough to start intimidating fellow assholes and managed to shut one SBI junior manager up and drive him out of the cabin for talking crap when I was there.
The same bank which messed up my registration! :evil: :evil:

Will go there again tomorrow to confirm that there would be no issues at the ticket checkpoints. I am seriously thinking of buying one more pass just to have some sort of a back-up. :roll:
sarkar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sarkar »

jimmy_moh wrote:guys i just booked my ticket through on line........ it created lot of confusion for me
1:after payment it shows booked amount as 50000... WTH is this
2:we supposed get the ticket from SBI right.. so what i need to show to SBI to avail the ticket...
3:and on the event day.. am planning to visit on 13th feb.. which are the thing i neeed to produce... only ticket and the ID card will be enough right.....
Same thing happened with me too.. 50000... :-?
Can anyone help me out on this... i am not sure what to do next...
Do i still need to go to SBI for tickets... or will i get the pass on showing my identity proof on the venue itself..
I will be reaching bangalore on weekend only.. on 12... bank will be closed that day... i am so confused...
KrishG
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by KrishG »

sarkar wrote:
Same thing happened with me too.. 50000... :-?
Can anyone help me out on this... i am not sure what to do next...
Do i still need to go to SBI for tickets... or will i get the pass on showing my identity proof on the venue itself..
I will be reaching bangalore on weekend only.. on 12... bank will be closed that day... i am so confused...
No. You'll have to get the print out of the confirmation that you registered online. Bring that and your ID-proof (one of those mentioned on AI- website). They'll check your ID at the venue itself and allow you in. No need to go to any SBI.
jimmy_moh
BRFite

Post by jimmy_moh »

KrishG wrote:
No. You'll have to get the print out of the confirmation that you registered online. Bring that and your ID-proof (one of those mentioned on AI- website). They'll check your ID at the venue itself and allow you in. No need to go to any SBI.

are you sure about this... , because the confirmation page doesnt have any details like our name or type of ID that used for registration... so how security guards can confirm our identity...
sarkar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sarkar »

jimmy_moh wrote:
KrishG wrote:

are you sure about this... , because the confirmation page doesnt have any details like our name or type of ID that used for registration... so how security guards can confirm our identity...
Yeah thats exactly what happened... On the confirmation page no details were mentioned..
instead it was displaying some website code variables... Whats the use of printing those...

I will try to register again.. i think that money is gone..
KrishG
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by KrishG »

I don't know for sure. I asked the guy issuing passes at SBI about online registration. He said pay, get a print out of confirmation and bring your ID-proof.

In the actual passes the details printed are name, Unique ID and country. IMO the same details should be on the confirmation page/email or whatever. I'll be going to that place again tomorrow, so I'll ask them again about the print out.
krishna_j
BRFite -Trainee

Post by krishna_j »

shiv wrote:Easy way to get tickets from SBI
1) Check how far away you live from the few branches that sell AI tickets
2) Take day off
3) Take money and government ID card (Drivers lic, Passport/PAN card/ration card)
4) Wait in queue
5) Fill SBI chalaans - one chalaan per ticket. Pay money to SBI
6) Listen to whines of SBI staff about extra work and how this AI work will sully the reputation of the bank as the AI people do not turn up on time.
7) Watch with deep anxiety as an incredibly complex procedure is conducted using papers and your ID to eventually hand you a ticket. Hope the damn thing is actually activated.

It really is Rs 1500 per day for business days.

They are making it more and more and more of a pain to get into Aero India. It seems to be becoming a bureaucratic babus paradise. No matter how much you struggle to get a ticket you have to face a security check anyway at the entrance. So why go through all this? As long as the security at the entrance is good no threat will get in. It looks like they are really trying to keep people away. That is stupid.

My experience in SBI Fraser Town :

1.2 kids (rom CII) were selling AI tickets - a long queue had formed which included many ladies including some in Burqa and a bunch of kids - i mentally prepared to write off an hour .

2.After 20 mins the crowd whittled down to just 4 of us - the balance had mistaken this to be a regular counter as there was no proper sign board.

3.out of the three - one was diverted to pay the cash and fill up the challan - remaining 3 decided not to get into another queue and insisted on paying by credit card as the counter had a machine

credit card machine not working - 20 mins to make operational

which type and day of visit ticket to buy - CII guys were also confused as no dates were written - transpired there are 2 types - weekdays and weekends - lost 10 mins there as numerous packets were opened

Identity proof - the theory was the easy port- they enter your name which gets printed on the ticket ; enter your d/l number or passport number which generates a UID which gets tagged with the RFID stand alone sticker which is then pasted on the ticket

the difficult part - so while the name entry was easily done (anyway they still misspelt my name) - the UID could not be generated - various ports were opened and closed till they figured that the backend server was down- time lost 1 hour

The entire exercise took around 2 hours and there were only 4 of us plus 2 more who came in.

AI remains as chaotic as ever - facilities last time were pathetic - in fact the process for ticket sales this time s even more abysmal - only the roar of the Rafale and the BR folks will prompt a one day visit this time
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

Nice Comprehensive Article by Flightglobal ✈ Aero India special: India's show of strength
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

sum wrote: Am praying that the HAL guy is at the SS branch tomorrow till 3:30 PM atleast ( am hoping to drop by around 3 types after taking half day at work)

Sum the nincompops at SBI try to close their booth by 330 PM. Make sure you have filled in a challan and are in the queue by 3 PM. I was amazed at how the moron - the SBI guy was whining that their branch will get a bad name. naturally - with such wankers in charge SBI will get a bad name.

I mean how stupid can things get. Every goddam petrol station in the country and every goddam road transport office in the country has a computer and webcam to take an image and print. How difficult woud it be to take an image of your identity proof and enter it along with your name on the RFID?

And the other thing is that the government just imposes the sale of 200,000 tickets on five bank branches. Those branches feel overloaded with work and claim they did not ask for it. Because babus get free passes they do not give a flying fuk for what is actually going on regarding ticket. Hey why hold a public airshow? Let them have a private affair in some airbase or open land - like the air power demos in Pokhran.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

NOTE - it is possible to get someone else to buy a ticket for you as long as you instruct the fellow as to what ticket to buy and send a gubermand issued photo id with him
jimmy_moh
BRFite

Post by jimmy_moh »

Just now i called aero india enquiry .. and they told those who are made the payment through online should go to SBI with their unique ID so they will issue the pass...
Vasu
BRFite

Post by Vasu »

If any of you meet any top HAL officials, please can you convey to them to seriously consider upgrading their logo to something which doesn't look like it was made by a babu idling his time in some government office?
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

TATA group to showcase aerospace capabilities in Aero India 2011

TCS: Its services include concept/preliminary design, detail design, manufacturing engineering and after-market support. The aerospace domains covered include aero structures, aero systems, aero engines, manufacturing engineering, avionics & embedded, design solutions for aircraft modifications and completion.
jimmy_moh
BRFite

Post by jimmy_moh »

can General visitor can visit the Exhibition hall....?
Kapil
Webmaster BR

Post by Kapil »

Whoa,

We can sell the content on this thread to SBI/CII/DEO FAQ sections.

What a mess.

I think that the next Aero India will happen in california.
SriSri
BRFite

Post by SriSri »

The pre Aero India media frenzy.. it's on now.. Embraer's announcement expected in a few hours.. for now it is NG..

Northrop Grumman to Highlight Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance (ISR) Capabilities at Aero India 2011
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Marten wrote:Are you Gurus planning any meets at all?

There is a small possibility that I may be able to host an impromptu get together at my residence. No promises yet - I am still suffering from children's exams and engagements but Saturday evening, 12 Feb might be a good time. Will get back confirming this or saying no within the next 24 hours.
Kakarat
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakarat »

The AeroIndia 2011 website says
8. Following items will not be permitted: Firearms, weapons, knives (including pocket knives & multi tools), replica or toy weapons, laser pointers, bags, briefcases, handbags, pagers or other packets of any kind.
Can the people buying ticket from the bank confirm if the Business Visitors can carry Camera and cell phone
KrishG
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by KrishG »

Kakarat wrote:The AeroIndia 2011 website says
8. Following items will not be permitted: Firearms, weapons, knives (including pocket knives & multi tools), replica or toy weapons, laser pointers, bags, briefcases, handbags, pagers or other packets of any kind.
Can the people buying ticket from the bank confirm if the Business Visitors can carry Camera and cell phone
I had taken my camera last time around. They also allow mobile phones.
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

KrishG wrote:
I had taken my camera last time around. They also allow mobile phones.
Also every year they say no bags but bags are allowed.
abhishek-nayak
BRFite -Trainee

Flying Maruti car at AeroIndia

Post by abhishek-nayak »

NEW DELHI: India may soon have its own 'flying car', making the "Star Wars" movie fantasy a reality for Indians. And it will be showcased alongside fighter jets.

The AeroIndia show in Bangalore from Feb 9 will see this idea taking shape with a private company claiming that it has the technology to convert a Maruti-800 car into a flying machine.

The Defence Ministry has allowed the firm, identified by Defence Production Secretary Raj Kumar Singh at his press conference Tuesday as 'Bangalorean', to display the "Maruti-800 flying car" during the AeroIndia at Yelahanka air force station this year.

The car is among the products that the ministry has listed as part of its showpiece in this year's exhibition alongside fighter jets such as Eurofighter Typhoon, F-16s, F/A-18s, Gripen and Rafale.

"This flying car is a product from a Bangalore-based innovator. He says he has the technology with which he can use a Maruti 800 car as an aircraft. To encourage him, we have provided him space at the static exhibition for aerospace products," Singh said here.

Asked if the car would fly too in the air show, Singh said that would not happen as the product was yet to get Directorate General of Civil Aviation approval to take to the skies. And the firm has paid about $275 per sq mt for the space it would hire at the air show to display its product.

But the idea of a flying car itself is not hogwash. The US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has in June 2010 approved a hybrid car manufactured by Terrafugia called Transition Roadable Aircraft (TRA) that is capable of flying after its flight tests were successful since 2009.

TRA is expected to soon take to the skies and be available for commercial sale this year. The FAA gave the initial approval to carry on with the project. However, because it is also a car, it must also get the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) nod before it is allowed to ply on the road.

http://expressbuzz.com/nation/flying-ma ... 44233.html
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Pretty reasonable decision by Russians not to participate their Mig35 s for the aero india show. It is definitely not nice of us to ask them participate and spend huge sums of money, where the inclination is to not go for Mig35s, when there are 5 other contenders chest beating, and in addition other logical reasoning.

--

any pics m800 flying car?
bijeet
BRFite -Trainee

Post by bijeet »

At Aero India, China, Iran blacked out, US No. 1 guest - IE
The organisers have implemented strict regulations for issuing At Aero India, China, Iran out, US is No 1 guest of tickets and passes for the show — marketed as ‘Asia’s premier air show’ — that will effectively bar any Chinese national from entering the premises.

This will put the country in the same category as Pakistan. Iran nationals, however, will be able to able to purchase tickets and attend the show.
Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »

bijeet wrote:At Aero India, China, Iran blacked out, US No. 1 guest - IE
The organisers have implemented strict regulations for issuing At Aero India, China, Iran out, US is No 1 guest of tickets and passes for the show — marketed as ‘Asia’s premier air show’ — that will effectively bar any Chinese national from entering the premises.

This will put the country in the same category as Pakistan. Iran nationals, however, will be able to able to purchase tickets and attend the show.
We should have at least invited China/Iran. Would be nice to see made-in-china-painted-in-pakistan JF-17s.

At the end of day we are "the" good guys, right :mrgreen:
SriSri
BRFite

Post by SriSri »

SriSri
BRFite

Post by SriSri »

Interesting. RIA Novosti has confirmed that the MiG-35 Fulcrum *will* show up at AI11, while PTI states it won't. No word from MiG but then they never respond to me! :-(
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

Finally got a ticket from the SBI MG Road branch. Pretty painless 20 minute operation (given that I was expecting it to take an hour). They have a HAL employee doing the honours so its a better situation than having reluctant SBI employees do it - they don't want to do 5 minutes worth of extra work. Paid by credit card too.