PAK-FA and FGFA Thread

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Baldev
BRFite

Re: PAK-FA and FGFA Thread

Post by Baldev »

PAK FA
# Length: 19.8 m (65.9 ft)
# Wingspan: 14 m (46.6 ft)
# Height: 6.05 m (19.8 ft)

MIG 29K
# Length: 17.3 m (57.76 ft)
# Wingspan: 11.99 m (39.34 ft)
# Height: 4.40 m (14.44 ft)

If naval version of PAK FA is build which is highly likely,single naval PAK FA will do the work of 2 mig29ks for air to air role because of its speed and stealth and this will compensate for its higher dimensions.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

So a squadron could be made of 12 twin seat fgfas then?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

imo the pakfa undercarriage already looks tough enough for rough field ops. adapting and testing it for carrier ops will not be tough.

but folding wing will be required. and perhaps a folding nosecone to save space in parking hanger.
babbupandey
BRFite

Post by babbupandey »

Soooo, is it going to be Russo-Indo-Brazilian venture? Looks highly unlikely that India will be comfortable having a third partner.
caesar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by caesar »

chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

babbupandey
BRFite

Post by babbupandey »

chackojoseph wrote:With own 5G jet plan, India 'rejects' US offer

Rajat Pandt, TOI
Thankfully Mr. Pandit did not publish the tripe he is so famous for.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

This is an insidious attempt to scuttle the Indo-Russian JV for the FGFA,plus engineer a method by which only a US bird is chosen for the MMRCA.IN any case the JSF is already becoming far too exoensive evn for the US and its allies at $130m a piece at last count,and doubts are being expressed whether it can deliver the goods vis-a-vis the FGFA and J-20.
sumshyam
BRFite

Post by sumshyam »

From KyePublishing
Some assertions from the documentary:

- Work on "second stage" engine(featured with a increased thrust, stealthy nozzles etc.) for PAK-FA should be started in 2011 with consolidation of whole Russia's engine manufacturing industry

- PAK-FA maneuverability capabilities should be significantly better compared to 4th generation fighter jets

- Self-diagnose systems in most critical parts and components of an aircraft

- A widely usage of advanced composite materials. PAK-FA's airframe has four times less parts compared to Su-27(T-10) series aircraft

- VVS (air force) is planning to finish preliminary fighter jet by 2012 and general trials by 2015

- More than 50 aircraft are planned for the first PAK-FA procurement party

- Russia's Ministry of Defense put higher requirements on PAK-FA program than Americans had put into their 5th-generation fighter jet program (more likely they refered to F-22 program)

- Second flying prototype was built in the end of 2010, then also two prototypes should be build in 2011

- First flying prototype is equipped with a most of 5th generation navigation an indication systems that were developed for PAK-FA program

- Third and fourth aircraft should be equipped with a full electronics package required by Ministry of Defense (it could be interpreted as radars, weapon systems, IRST, ECM...)

- One PAK-FA should be approximately equal in combat to three 4++ generation fighter jets

- Stealth capability was a primary requirement in design and research(airframe, materials etc.). But these 16 test flights(the number of flights up to June 2010) of the T-50-1 were nothing to do with a trials of stealth technology.

- PAK-FA would get new generation of air-air missiles (R-77 and R-73 successors more likely) that also incudes ultra-long range missile (~400 km range, the R-73 successor) in its compartments (internal bays).
sumshyam
BRFite

Post by sumshyam »

chackojoseph wrote:With own 5G jet plan, India 'rejects' US offer

Rajat Pandt, TOI
Over and above this, each of the 250-300 FGFA India hopes to begin inducting from 2020 onwards will cost around $100 million each. In all, India will spend upwards of $35 billion over the next two decades in its biggest-ever defence project till now.

"Its complete design will be frozen by the end of the 18-month PDC. Six to seven of its prototypes should be flying by 2017. After that, there will be 2,500 hours of flight-testing over 25 months before the series production begins in 2019,'' he said.
isn't that LATE?
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

^^
Wow! This is the most amazing PAK-FA pic that I have seen. Thanks a lot for posting! :D
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Magnifique!
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

^ Yes it is!

Man i just want to get anywhere within .2/3 miles of this thing & drill it Heavy Duty! Image

Thinking about saving-up for MAKS Airshow Moscow ✈ http://www.maks2011.com/ where i'm assuming it may perform :-?

Anyone of you game for it?
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Vishal Jolapara wrote:Thinking about saving-up for MAKS Airshow Moscow ✈ http://www.maks2011.com/ where i'm assuming it may perform :-?

How much funding is needed in INR ?

This MAKS they are displaying PAK-FA and new Shuttle Design
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

Austin wrote:
Vishal Jolapara wrote:Thinking about saving-up for MAKS Airshow Moscow ✈ http://www.maks2011.com/ where i'm assuming it may perform :-?

How much funding is needed in INR ?

This MAKS they are displaying PAK-FA and new Shuttle Design
Well, looking-up http://www.Cleartrip.com:
Departing Sunday, Aug 14th 2011 & Arriving next Sunday Aug 21st

BOM ✈ DOH ✈ DME & back on Qatar ✈ Rs.39k/-

Plus Hotel, Vegetarian food (for me) & other misc costs will peg the kharcha at a bare minimum of Ek Peti!
neerajb
BRFite

Post by neerajb »

@Vishal

Please share the cost part if you have done research on this. This year my vacation calender is free, I would like to go there if my pocket permits and if there are no other commitments.

Cheers....

P.S. Thanks for the info.
tsarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by tsarkar »

^^ If you blokes wait 10 more years, then your tax money will have by then ensured regular displays at Republic Day & other events
sumshyam
BRFite

Post by sumshyam »

Two different Engine...?
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

^^
Why do you think so? Because one seems larger than other? If so, then that is merely an optical illusion because of the strange angle. Or did you notice any other difference?
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Nozzle of the left looks bigger than the one on the right :?:
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Vishal Jolapara wrote:This MAKS they are displaying PAK-FA and new Shuttle Design
Well, looking-up http://www.Cleartrip.com:
Departing Sunday, Aug 14th 2011 & Arriving next Sunday Aug 21st

BOM ✈ DOH ✈ DME & back on Qatar ✈ Rs.39k/-

Plus Hotel, Vegetarian food (for me) & other misc costs will peg the kharcha at a bare minimum of Ek Peti!
Thanks , Ek Peti I think its probably on the higher side ..I am doing my own math on this wait till AI gets done.

I have heard of places out there think the Kalashnikov museum where you can visit and can fire all the AK series , would love to try my hand on AK and INSAS series , think the latter is not possible though.
^^ If you blokes wait 10 more years, then your tax money will have by then ensured regular displays at Republic Day & other events
Sarkar sahab you have a point but if the Netas could get even 1/10 of our tax payers money from Swiss banks many poor in this country would get their two meals and we can do many good for our country.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Ok FGFA/PAK-FA fans some update on the bird from Air International by Piotr Butowski

Russian Supercruiser
Piotr Butowski
sumshyam
BRFite

Post by sumshyam »

Gaur wrote:^^
Why do you think so? Because one seems larger than other? If so, then that is merely an optical illusion because of the strange angle. Or did you notice any other difference?
It seems to be longer and having larger diameter....atleast to my eyes..!
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Vishal Jolapara wrote:Image
I think this image may be photoshopped.
  • No evidence of afterburner flame
  • bottom of nosewheel looks flat - like an image of a plane at rest on the ground copy pasted into sky
  • Tailfins deviated - which is odd
  • The difference in sizes of the nozzles is another suspicious thing although the J-20 appears to have done the same thing. But the J-20 did a flat non after burner take off. Not a 45 degree takeoff.
Check this image
http://i026.radikal.ru/1012/ac/cec625b696f5.jpg
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

well - this image shows a similar discrepancy
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4107/505 ... 8853_z.jpg
sumshyam
BRFite

Post by sumshyam »

Austin wrote:Ok FGFA/PAK-FA fans some update on the bird from Air International by Piotr Butowski

Russian Supercruiser
Piotr Butowski

It says that Sukhoi Design team insists that no rear looking radar is planned for PAK-FA.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

It says that Sukhoi Design team insists that no rear looking radar is planned for PAK-FA.
Good to know. But, just to be sure, that should be no reflection on the FGFA/PMF (Perspective Multi-role Fighter).
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

They have a big tail there! It can easily hold an array of 300 to 350 t/rs!
Last edited by SaiK on 06 Feb 2011 05:32, edited 1 time in total.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

You need a "requirement" to allocate funds for such efforts. Then pay for each plane on the back side.

Now, how many PAK-FAs did Russia say they will buy?
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

200-250 is what I read sometime back for the russkies, and for us 250-300 in numbers.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

: ). Let us circle back on that figure in about 6 years.

I would make sure that the funding for the "5th Gen" engine does not dry up. I feel that is THE missing tech for the PAK-FA.

The FGFA can have a separate effort - IF NEED BE - to install a rear facing AESA.

I am not sure, but would the proposed architecture (on including radars in leading edges of wings, etc) not suffice? What would be THE purpose to think about a rear facing radar? We had gone through this with the MKI too!!
SriSri
BRFite

Post by SriSri »

Last edited by SriSri on 10 Feb 2011 08:43, edited 1 time in total.
tejas
BRFite

Post by tejas »

Its actually Prospective not perspective. The misnomer is the result of an incorrect translation of Russian into English by MoD baboo(n)s.
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

It is "perspective."
tejas
BRFite

Post by tejas »

Chacko boss, I got this info from a Russian author and I will have to search for the link. A "perspective" fighter makes no sense.

PS. The info is actually in the link Austin posted in this thread from Flight International by author Piotr Butowski.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Russian-Indian joint development of 5G fighter jet to cost $6 billion - HAL
"A detailed design phase, including the cost of the project, is likely to cost more than $6 billion," Shivamurti said. "The work between us and them [India and Russia] will be distributed in a 35/65 proportion."
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

Tejas Sir,

It is perspective. It is yet to be prospective.
Perspective(from Latin perspicere, to see through) in the graphic arts, such as drawing, is an approximate representation, on a flat surface (such as paper), of an image as it is seen by the eye. The two most characteristic features of perspective are that objects are drawn:
They are still on the perspective stage.

I had considered prospective too.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

NIIP AESA Ready for Test Flight ( via TakeOff Magazine )

link