AeroIndia 2011

Austin
BRF Oldie

Re: AeroIndia 2011

Post by Austin »

If brites plan to meet today at the show drop your number at josephdotaustinatgmaildot com
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Relaying for Shiv sir,
he seems to be having some problem with his internet connections and is currently off the grid and has not been able to check up his email id and the forum.
People interested in the meet can communicate the same to me at djvigneshATgmail.com... i'll pass onto him..
vic
BRF Oldie

Post by vic »

Can somebody:-

Ask the actual thrust/power figures of GE F414 intended for LCA Mark-2 at ADA & GE stalls?

Please take pics (if any of the model or posters) of new INSAS weapon "speculated" at ARDE, OFB, DRDO stalls?

Get some details of new Astra, it is Astra-2 or design changed due to flight trials or super Astra based on LRSAM=MRSAM=Barak-2??
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

my UID did not come in the mail. so I am not even going to bother trying the main arena.

if anyone has suggestions of which side village, tree, bush, road outside is best for viewing please post.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

rahuldevnath wrote:Ok few shots for all Jingos! :)
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/media/41219-2/lca2.jpg
:eek: :eek:
that just blew me away ! it has to be one of the most amazing shots of 'any' aircraft I've seen !
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

Any body here whose used BMTC's Volvo service? Do they pick-up only from the starting points(Majestic,Shivajinagar etc.) or will they stop on the way too say Hebbal or Makeri circle?
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

rahuldevnath wrote:Thank you all for the honour bestowed on me. But please don't address me as "ji" "sir' etc, for that matter i'm the youngest of all photogpraher here :wink:
Rahul - Really nice clicks... Please keep them coming.... and yes It may be yout Trade Secret but may i know which Camera and Lens are you using...
viktor
BRFite -Trainee

Post by viktor »

A light dose today as lot of time was taken up by my flight in SAAB 2000. Boy that bird sure can accelerate and land in really short roll.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1033340376 ... directlink
dinesha
BRFite

Post by dinesha »

Aero India 2011: Bogus tickets on sale in Bangalore
http://www.dnaindia.com/bangalore/repor ... re_1506191
dinesha
BRFite

Post by dinesha »

Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

Slybird is one snazzy bird! Surprising to see and SDRE hawai jahaj looking as lean and mean as the Slybird.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

Guys please take more pictures of the information brochures, seeing their pics a lot less this time.
Kailash
BRFite

Post by Kailash »

Heard about commercial arm of DRDO a few months back...

Is there any real effort to advertise of find buyers for indian components/products/systems in AI 2011?
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Sagar G wrote:Guys please take more pictures of the information brochures, seeing their pics a lot less this time.
WHAT HE SAYS ! PLEASE HELP OUT THE POOR SDRE JINGOS WHO ARE NOT FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO BE AT AI2011.

info boards are gold mines of information.
rahuldevnath
BRFite -Trainee

Post by rahuldevnath »

I use a Nikon D90 with a Nikkor 80-400.
Last edited by rahuldevnath on 11 Feb 2011 22:01, edited 1 time in total.
Sancho
BRFite

Post by Sancho »

Hi, does anybody has pics of the Gripen NG at Aero India? Most pics on blogs just show the Gripen C/Ds, but the NG should be there at least for a static display right?
Avarachan
BRFite

Post by Avarachan »

Bala Vignesh,
Thanks for your email. I'm definitely interested in coming to the BR meet at Dr. Shiv's house ... I'll be in Bangalore tomorrow (Saturday) morning, God willing.
jimmy_moh
BRFite

Post by jimmy_moh »

guys just now i got my credit card statement...
i booked only 2 tickets for AI.....
but this statement showing... F**king 6 transactions that means total 3000rs taken from my Card..
WTH.. dont know what to do.....
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

People Planning on coming to aero india tomorrow, is there a place where we'll be meeting up??? if so could people inform me at eight one two three three five zero three five one.
Hoping to catch a lot of the gurus in action tomorrow.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

SLYBIRD

This appears to be a hand launched Micro UAV for use by a two man team.
One soldier launches it by throwing it in the air, the other guides it with a crash proof laptop type device.
One camera in visual spectrum.
For recon of surrounding areas.
Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

jimmy_moh wrote:guys just now i got my credit card statement...
but this statement showing... F**king 6 transactions that means total 3000rs taken from my Card..
whow! you just got 6 plane tickets for 3000 bucks...celebrate man!! :mrgreen:
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Sancho wrote:Hi, does anybody has pics of the Gripen NG at Aero India? Most pics on blogs just show the Gripen C/Ds, but the NG should be there at least for a static display right?
this will do ? http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-3dae6tttOCo/T ... 718596.JPG
:mrgreen:

seriously though, you might not get grip pics separately categorized but it will get covered by every major photographer. try this http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/media/AeroIndia2011/
and the blogs at http://ajaishukla.blogspot.com/ http://livefist.blogspot.com/ and http://tarmak007.blogspot.com/
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Rahul M wrote:
Sancho wrote:Hi, does anybody has pics of the Gripen NG at Aero India? Most pics on blogs just show the Gripen C/Ds, but the NG should be there at least for a static display right?

seriously though, you might not get grip pics separately categorized but it will get covered by every major photographer. try this http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/media/AeroIndia2011/
and the blogs at http://ajaishukla.blogspot.com/ http://livefist.blogspot.com/ and http://tarmak007.blogspot.com/
What gripen? I dont see any gripen :mrgreen:
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

OK folks my first Aero India 2011 report after going 2 days - unfortunately the Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage board enthusiastically ripped the internet cable out from the front of the local BSNL office ensuring internet downtime of about 24 hrs. This is India. BSNL has tech savvy guys from chaprasi to top man. BWSSB has people who have no idea what cables are leave alone internet, but know about sewers.

Few first impressions - details, photos and videos later.

SDRE LCA did not put up as good a performance in the show as it did for me on the golf course. The golf course act was classic and I expected that. The particular pilot makes a difference, but still, I think the software does not allow certain maneuvers which I am guessing can get opened up only after LSP 6 is used for the stall and spin tests. I suspect that the LCA's nose is prevented from being pitched up above certain angles abruptly at low speed. This (all wild guessing on my part) leads to two consequences. One is the restriction on maneuvers requiring sudden pitch up and probably a high-ish landing speed. Both would be addressed by allowing a higher AoA and that will not be opened up until those stall spin tests are done. All uneducated guesswork with no expert input. No inputs from anyone who has come within 1 meter of a fighter cockpit. Nobody told me all this - I am merely shooting my mouth off. Quote me at your own risk :!: . I will put up videos later - but the golf course show certainly featured steeper climbs and far quicker and more numerous rolls.

Speaking of cockpits the high point of my visit was a chance to sit in the HJT-36 simulator flying over Chennai, courtesy Baldev - who is the Chief test pilot of HAL. It blew me away. I did a roll and a loop and compared with the SDRE Microsoft Flight sim I have occasionally played with this full screen thing and real joystick and throttle in my hands was unbelievable. The other thing is that the little thing is agile and responds quickly to little control column movements. Baldev's inputs ensured that I did not crash and my inputs made Baldev wince.

I did not see the Rafale at all (was having too interesting a conversation when it flew) and missed the LCH because it was grounded due to a technical fault

Long ago I decided that there is no point in people like me visiting any foreign company stalls because what they are willing to talk about is no more than is available in brochures and their websites. I went only to HAL, DRDO LRDE and ADA. One high point there was meeting - in one group Commodore Balaji, Capt "Mao" Maolankar and Former CNS Adm. Arun Prakash. I promptly got them to autograph the only thing that was autographable on me - my hat. Will post photos.

Another constant dilemma for me is whether to carry still camera with video capability or video camera with still capability from the cameras available to me. I opted for video camera with still capability. Since I end up walking about 6 km in 6 hrs, I like to travel light to Aero India. So my still photos are not of the highest quality - but there is some worthwhile stuff which I will upload in due course. I was overloaded with brochures, free mag issues and bags - I have not even had a chance to look at them leave alone consider scanning them. In fact when the number of pages gets too high it makes more sense to photograph the pages rather than scan - just for speed and convenience. Even that needs time.

Food arrangemenst this time were the best I have experienced. It used to be irritating to enter a big hall dominated by Hotel Ashok (a gubermind 5 ishtar), get no place to sit and pay Rs 250 for a snack and 500 for a emal. This time there were lots of vendors in a separate hall and food for every palate and pocket. And aalso the occasional possibility of a place to sit although that is a function of the crowd.

Security was less intimidating and more unobtrusive - despite the hullaballoo about photo id. Bags and cameras went through X-ray. The heavy security in 2009 was clearly a reaction to Pakistan's passionate kiss on 26/11/2008 for which we are remarrying them now :roll:

Asked questions about NLCA, AMCA, LCA Mk 2, Kaveri, Kaveri Snecma, ADS and Brahmos and some other things that I cannot recall. Skipped BEL because I can never understand what they have on display. Mostly boxes with no wings.
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Shiv sir,
Can you please tell me how to come to your place for the meet??? I'll be coming from the yelahanka.
Thanks.
rakall
BRFite

Post by rakall »

shiv wrote:
Asked questions about NLCA, AMCA, LCA Mk 2, Kaveri, Kaveri Snecma, ADS and Brahmos and some other things that I cannot recall.

any good answers/info that you can recall ?
Sancho
BRFite

Post by Sancho »

Rahul M wrote:

Hi Rahul, thx, but that's what I did and what I meant! The picture you provided, seems not to be the NG, but one of the older versions (compare the gear bays, which is one of the most visible differences):

http://www.sawf.org/Newsphotos/Blogphot ... tor_03.jpg

That's why I asked if somebody who attended the show might have one, or can tell me about it, but I will chek the links once again.

Regards
Last edited by Sancho on 11 Feb 2011 20:07, edited 1 time in total.
KrishG
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by KrishG »

I had a very interesting conversation on Mk-2 with Mr. Vinod Kumar from ADA, Program Director, LCA-Navy Mk-2. I had taken a book, so noted down many things he told me ie Mk-2s target empty weight, intake changes etc. (Will post info with photos in LCA thread tmmrw). He answered all my questions very enthusiastically. Gave me some awesome suggestions (he told me take the photo of the Mk-1 model's undercarriage and Mk-2 model's under-carriage and compare them) Unfortunately couldn't meet Mr. Maolankar as he wasn't present. Also, there were no ADA people near the AMCA model.

The ISRO pavillion was a let down (as usual, but more so this time), the pavilion was deserted, and the ISRO guy incharge had supposedly told the man from the next pavilion(iirc Tata) to look after the LV models and banners. :roll:

While walking through the Israel companies pavilion in Hall-A, some Israeli security guy caught me and told me to follow him. Took me to some corner, asked his colleague whether I was the "jeans pant wearing boy" he wanted him to check-on. I luckily wasn't so he let me go.

There was some strange smoke coming from the far-end of the runway during the afternoon air-display. I took a picture of it, many were thinking that some plane was on fire or something but couldn't confirm what exactly caused the smoke.

The LCA air-display was better than last time (AI-09) but still not as good as those of Rafale and Typhoon. Surya-Kiran and Sarang were as good as always, the former performing in the morning display and the latter ending the afternoon display.
Last edited by KrishG on 11 Feb 2011 20:12, edited 1 time in total.
steve
BRFite -Trainee

Post by steve »

Please some body find out what is the Dry weight of LCA . Please post the photos of the LCA Spec Board at Aero India 2011. Please Post the request information.
KrishG
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by KrishG »

steve wrote:Please some body find out what is the Dry weight of LCA . Please post the photos of the LCA Spec Board at Aero India 2011. Please Post the request information.
Yes. Found out and also got the figure for the target empty weight of Mk-2. Will post all info in the LCA thread soon.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Bala Vignesh wrote:Shiv sir,
Can you please tell me how to come to your place for the meet??? I'll be coming from the yelahanka.
Thanks.
Call me please.
jimmy_moh
BRFite

Post by jimmy_moh »

Dmurphy wrote:
jimmy_moh wrote:guys just now i got my credit card statement...
whow! you just got 6 plane tickets for 3000 bucks...celebrate man!! :mrgreen:
:evil: :evil:

let everybody checked their account then we can all celebrate together......
oleonau
BRFite -Trainee

Post by oleonau »

Initial reports indicated that a flying car (locally customised Maruti-800) might be on static displays
will any of the BR wizz0s at the AI-11 be able to confirm if it is there on the ramp???
thanks
Last edited by oleonau on 11 Feb 2011 20:58, edited 1 time in total.
Drishyaman
BRFite

Post by Drishyaman »

KrishG wrote:
steve wrote:Please some body find out what is the Dry weight of LCA . Please post the photos of the LCA Spec Board at Aero India 2011. Please Post the request information.
Yes. Found out and also got the figure for the target empty weight of Mk-2. Will post all info in the LCA thread soon.
Sir ji waiting for your response on LCA thread....
Drishyaman
BRFite

Post by Drishyaman »

Rahul M wrote:
Sagar G wrote:Guys please take more pictures of the information brochures, seeing their pics a lot less this time.
WHAT HE SAYS ! PLEASE HELP OUT THE POOR SDRE JINGOS WHO ARE NOT FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO BE AT AI2011.

info boards are gold mines of information.
Rahul Ji, No body is telling me the empty weight of Tejas MK - 1 :((
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Between 6k to 7k
SriSri
BRFite

Post by SriSri »

oleonau wrote:Initial reports indicated that a flying car (locally customised Maruti-800) might be on static displays
will any of the BR wizz0s at the AI-11 be able to confirm if it is there on the ramp???
thanks
Yeah it was there. There's a pic in the Picasa album link I shared earlier..
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Asking on behalf of a friend,
Can some one tell me where is the parking for business visitors???? And which is the entry gate???? I have the unique ID, so where should i get the RF tickets from????
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Shiv,
Forget the questions. Just give us the answers! 8)
Sancho
BRFite

Post by Sancho »

@ Rahul M

Got my answer I guess, no Gripen NG at Aero India, but 3 different older versions.

Thx, anyway!