Telangana Monitor

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Re: Telangana Monitor

Post by Muppalla »

munna ji, I wrote in about 5 to 10 pages ago, with anology to Sikhs and Hindus of Punjab. That is what is being perpetrated on AP between the populations of different regions. The ruptures are created and I still do not think it is that bad.

I do not want to go into the specifics of the violence. In spite of all that we see on TV and media, the violence is only existing in some corner (not even 1% of the current city) of Hyderabad. They allowed to do around the most well know areas of Hyderabad. I will not read too much. The government is in control and they have the taps and they open them as they need/want.

Coming back to politics, the politics of attrition are being played at this time. Here are the scenarios going on.

Background - Congress party has effectively lost the AP. Whether it is split or not they will not win it. Period. Hence the scenarios are all to make sure there is return of INC.

(1) Declare T council formation with a sunset clause of 10 years and if the things does not improve seperate the state out. TRS will not be happy about it nor the T population in general. Even in this scenario, INC want TRS to merge. Some mollycoddling is going on. That is the reason to allow the agitations. The government has the wherewittal to supress the agitations and movements in a way no one in the world will know there exists T agitation. Media and everything is under INC control. Do not assume some great stuff is happening just because you see something in media :)

(2) Declare immediate formation of T under the condition that TRS merges with INC at the same time of T declaration. This is also a serious consideration as their modeling is resulting in complete washout of INC in the non-T areas. The merger of TRS with INC will give them Telangana. No coalition only merger. This is the reason ofr KCR being very quite since his LS bluster last week. He is not part of the million march that happened yesterday. They have to calculate immediate loss of about 20 LS and 5 or 6 RS INC seats. In addition they have to get is passed through cabinet. It will be the first time that a state creation will be forced without a consensus. Though this is serious, I am not sure how they will be successful.
munna
BRFite
Location: Pee Arr Eff's resident Constitution Compliance Strategist (Phd, with upper hand)

Post by munna »

Ramay-ji and Mupalla-ji here I beg to disagree ever so slightly on one issue. That is "the ability of the state to stamp out agitation". Although effective against Indic opposition or movements I sincerely believe that given the longevity of violence and sudden dissociation of T-state with Telugu identity there is more than meets the eye. There is definitely some play being afforded to other actors too, without doubt now! The situtation is being brought to a pass whereby a fait accompli has already been readied and government with all its might is watching silently. All answers and fingers point to only one thing or the elephant in the room, "incumbent regime". Why they are doing it? I don't know.
nvishal
BRFite

Post by nvishal »

^Congress has no cards to play and is stuck in a dilemma. It will have to accept a compromise. Question for the congress is: which region is better for its future? Remember, alliance is a liability disguised as an asset. All three regions have a regional party now. TDP in RS, TRS in Telangana and Jagan in kosta.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

nvishal thats very perceptive of you. However isn't it TDP in kosta Andhra and Jagan in RayalaSeema?
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

ramana wrote:nvishal thats very perceptive of you. However isn't it TDP in kosta Andhra and Jagan in RayalaSeema?
Jagan seems to have built quite a bit of support in delta areas.

His 7 day fast was held in vijayawada
vnadendla
BRFite

Post by vnadendla »

nvishal wrote:^Congress has no cards to play and is stuck in a dilemma. It will have to accept a compromise. Question for the congress is: which region is better for its future? Remember, alliance is a liability disguised as an asset. All three regions have a regional party now. TDP in RS, TRS in Telangana and Jagan in kosta.
Congress has cards to play still
1) Make up with Jagan - don't know how hard it is. Don't know why they broke up in first place.
2) Form alliance with TDP - as much as CBN would hate he will be under immense pressure.
3) Buy off KCR and let T die slowly - KCR will be hard nut to crack but after today he should realise be doesn't want to go down Brindanwale path. There is no $$ in that for the pink brigade.
4) Paint BJP into a corner with KCR's association. I'd like to see how much can they continue to support KCR after today. At some point they will start losing support outside AP too if they are on the side of political violence. Especially given their history.....
5) Prop up an Andhra KCR dupe. Make him hero and Split AP. Slowly absorb both KCR and his Dupe in.
I am sure better brains than mine will be actively thinking along those lines already.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

vnadendla garu,

Option 1 is possible but doubtful. If that were to happen, YSJ's political life will end within one term.
Option 2 is impossible as that would mean no opposition in AP. (one has to wait till 2014 elections for that to see if YSJ will emerge as the main opposition)
Option 3 is what INC is trying very hard.
Point 4 - BJP should respectfully distance itself from TRS (its utility is going down in the national scene). It can still claim to support smaller states; but as a national policy. It should also go to polls on its own in the next elections to see how much trust Telangana people put in it for its actions.
Point 5 - Refers to option 1. There is a chance that YSJ is nothing but that...
nvishal
BRFite

Post by nvishal »

Here's what i think...

1) Existence if TRS is for formation of T-state. TRS will leave NDA only if T is delivered.
2) Jagan wants more or absolute power and authority over AP congress. Both are waiting for the other to blink. But the way congress has f'ed up with t-state, i don't think jagan will stay with congress. Instead he will act an opportunist and try to gain over congress's mistakes.
3) Do you think Jagan will ever be a part of NDA? Better yet, do you think NDA will ever extend an invitation to jagan party?
4) TDP will gain some in kosta and some in seema. Can you imagine both TRS and TDP under one alliance - NDA?

So to keep T down, the congress needs support of both the TDP and jagan. It has already gobbled up chiru. These are too many alliances and unreliable in the long run. In fact, they only come together to thwart T. Hence, i think the primary objective for congress will be to win the seats on its own.

BTW, T-protagonists are very smart and gandhism like. They will vandalise property but they will never kill anyone like in khalistan or kashmir. All these comparisons to bring them down is simple andhra-centric jingoism. So what is the point of these exchanges?
vnadendla
BRFite

Post by vnadendla »

nvishal wrote:Here's what i think...

1) Existence if TRS is for formation of T-state. TRS will leave NDA only if T is delivered.
2) Jagan wants more or absolute power and authority over AP congress. Both are waiting for the other to blink. But the way congress has f'ed up with t-state, i don't think jagan will stay with congress. Instead he will act an opportunist and try to gain over congress's mistakes.
3) Do you think Jagan will ever be a part of NDA? Better yet, do you think NDA will ever extend an invitation to jagan party?
4) TDP will gain some in kosta and some in seema. Can you imagine both TRS and TDP under one alliance - NDA?

So to keep T down, the congress needs support of both the TDP and jagan. It has already gobbled up chiru. These are too many alliances and unreliable in the long run. In fact, they only come together to thwart T. Hence, i think the primary objective for congress will be to win the seats on its own.

BTW, T-protagonists are very smart and gandhism like. They will vandalise property but they will never kill anyone like in khalistan or kashmir. All these comparisons to bring them down is simple andhra-centric jingoism. So what is the point of these exchanges?
1) Existance of TRS is to make $. Not T.
2) Agreed.
3) Yes. As long as AP politics don't influence other states.
4) TDP will be wiped out if it joins hands with TRS.
If someone in seemandhra can deliver 150 MLAs and 20 MPs to Congress in next elections then T will not form. Else they will take half that # from KCR. But KCR will end up in a sewer in few years (even with T) after his usefulness to Congress is done. He is better off alone. This means status quo.

T-protagonists are very smart and but not gandhism like. You cannot control violence like you can a tap. Example - Our cousin next door.
We humans like to think we can understand whats going on even when we have little power to influence it. Thats the point of this discussion.
Last edited by vnadendla on 11 Mar 2011 02:19, edited 1 time in total.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

nvishal wrote: BTW, T-protagonists are very smart and gandhism like. They will vandalise property but they will never kill anyone like in khalistan or kashmir. All these comparisons to bring them down is simple andhra-centric jingoism. So what is the point of these exchanges?
:) Negativity of Andhra's has been well established by SKC that T-region grew the most since 1950s. They are bad bad BAD people.

What do Telangana commoners think? Why do they believe in those false leaders? Why do they forgive those false leaders even after getting betrayed? Why don't they question the elected representatives for their non performance? Why do they get swayed by false sentiments and false promises?
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

nvishal,

KCR himself is getting slowly sidelined in this movement. Notice how Kodandaram & Gaddar are getting prominence. These maoist fronts do not have compunctions of a normal political party. These fronts are already playing games to sideline KCR.

And when KCR feels that the grip is slipping from his hands. It is at that moment when KCR will be forced to put his rhetoric to reality.
And at that moment all the "hate rhetoric" of "kick people" and "destroying them" will be put to test.
vnadendla
BRFite

Post by vnadendla »

RamaY wrote:
nvishal wrote: BTW, T-protagonists are very smart and gandhism like. They will vandalise property but they will never kill anyone like in khalistan or kashmir. All these comparisons to bring them down is simple andhra-centric jingoism. So what is the point of these exchanges?
:) Negativity of Andhra's has been well established by SKC that T-region grew the most since 1950s. They are bad bad BAD people.

What do Telangana commoners think? Why do they believe in those false leaders? Why do they forgive those false leaders even after getting betrayed? Why don't they question the elected representatives for their non performance? Why do they get swayed by false sentiments and false promises?
...They believe those promisses. Seemandhras will leave, leaving their wealth behind for T-wadis to grab. Hyderabad will still be a rich cash cow after they are kicked out. Everyone will get a job in government due to vacancies created by seemandhrarites moving out. New canals will be built moving water up against the force of gravity. All this will be financed by tooth fairy.

Nothing of the sort will happen. But meanwhile there will be lot of violence. We die leaving behind our miserable conflicts to our children to take over.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Angry pro-Telangana mobs uprooted 11 statues of Andhra icons, including that of Vijayanagara emperor Krishnadeva Raya, and flung them into the Hussain Sagar lake on Thursday, as a potential precursor to a fresh spiral of violence. The protests seemed designed to deepen linguistic and political faultlines between pro- and anti-Telangana sections over an Andhra identity.

Apart from hurling Krishnadeva Raya's statue — his 16th century reign represents the high noon of Telugu culture — the Telangana activists also smashed the statue of Sir Arthur Cotton, the British engineer who brought irrigation and prosperity to the state.

Statues of Annamacharya, famous for his hymns in honour of Lord Balaji of Tirumala, were also vandalized among eight others, which included eminent Telugu statesmen and literary figures

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 675645.cms
Reminds of Shambhaji brigade
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

I already posted the Kakatiya Kindom's extent and how it included whole of Andhra Pradesh.

I was reading "Xenophobia in Seventeenth-Century India by GIJS KRUIJTZER" the other day and it is interesting to see that the Deccan kingdom included all of Andhra Pradesh (Devesh garu, this is for you)

Only after the Rayalaseema and Kosta regions are ceded to British by Nizams, Telangana became a separate region.

The TJAC's strategy is to prohibit open discussion on both sides based on facts and logic. TJAC is holding T-region hostage to its own political agenda.
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

Rudrama devi was herself married into the godavari district
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

Statues Destroyed/Defaced
i) Emperor Srikrishnadevaraya
ii) Annamacharya
3) Siddhendra Yogi - Kuchipudi
4) Kandukuri Veeresalingam Pantulu
5) Gurazada Appa Rao
6) Yerrapragada was part of the triumvirate (Nannaya and Tikkana were the others) that translated the Mahabharata into Telugu.
7) Sir Arthur Cotton
8) Palnati Brahma Naidu
9) Raghupati Venkaiah
10) Mutnuri Krishna Rao
11) Tripuraneni Ramaswamy Choudary
12) Ballari Raghava
13) Shalivahana
14) Nannaya
15) Yogi Vemana
16) Kshetraya
17) Sri Sri
18) Gurram Jashua
19) CR Reddy

I dont know whether to laugh/ be sad at these people.
Rupesh
BRFite

Post by Rupesh »

Sushupti wrote:
Reminds of Shambhaji brigade
How come.. which statues have they destroyed ?

Destroying Krishnadevaraya's statue is equivalent to destroying Shivaji Maharaj's statue In Maharashtra and it will never happen!
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

We are forgetting one process needed. For any division opinion of the state assembly is a must, even if it is a negaive one. INC in AP assembly already said that there will not be any resolution for division unless there is consenses. Same mantra was said by Manmohan. Chidambaram said he will not even conduct all party meeting unless all political parties make up their mind. Now INC and TDP which the main parties in the state will neven make up their mind because they have their own political interests. So with consenses lacking and with INC and TDP now willing to take any decision this issue will linger on.

In any event after yesterdays events, it will be very clear that Non Telangana people are going to face violence in Telangana region irrespective of division or not. New Telangana state will not be part of any Telugu culture as Naxals like gadddar will decide what should be the culture of Telangana. Economic side new state will not support business etc as there will be a extreme left eliment irrespective of the party in power. Naxals of course will be controling many other things including some districts like Adilabad and state governament may even support them openly. ( Already KCR is saying their rule will be naxal rule or somthing like that and previous post here itself says that lot of Naxals joined in T agitation.

One news report which people seems to have missed is the police action on Osmania University since yesterday. Lot of tear gas and lathi charge etc are said to taking place. But no clear reports till night. I do not know the currrent status. Unfortunately our eductional intitution particularly arts departments all accross India became brading grounds of extreme left eliments and the same is true for Osmania ( and Kakathiya) universities. These people are in the forefront of T agitation.

Tragic thing is that NTR and later CBN did a lot for Telangana's development than INC and now TDP may lose heavily inspite of that. CBN will never be believed fully by AP people now.Jagan may get heavyly benifited will all middle class voting againt INC and not ready to trust CBN.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Agreed sir. Can we imagive that happen except Paki rule. We now seem to have Paki rule in AP - Tragic
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Destroying Krishnadevaraya's statue is equivalent to destroying Shivaji Maharaj's statue In Maharashtra and it will never happen!
What i mean't was the "Missionary inspired" character of the Shambhaji brigade and attack on Bhandarkar Institute

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sambhaji_Brigade

By attacking Annamayya and krishnadevrai they are forcing neutral observers to take sides. Annamayya and krishnadevrai are not just Telgu but national figures. I remember how during our primary school days(in UP) we used to get excited when chapter on Krishnadevrai will come up for discussion. And why anyone would attack Annamaya's statue?. This is beyond my comprehension. Its like destroying Saint Gyaneshwar or Tukaram's statue calling them Maharashtrian or Tulsidas or Surdas declaring them Bhaiyas
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

ravi_ku wrote:Statues Destroyed/Defaced
People were offended when I called out this Pauki behavior. Selective destruction of History and culture is Pakiness/Talibanism and there should be no excuse for that.

What status were left untouched?

I see lot of leftist behavior in the way these things are "organized". Like in every encounter the police brutality is exposed while ignoring the naxal treason...

Vinasa kale vipareeta buddhi.
VenkataS
BRFite

Post by VenkataS »

This is a sad day in our history!

17 statues of Andhra greats destroyed

Pro-Telangana mob dumps Andhra heroes' statues in lake

These statues were an immense source of pride for me (as for many others I believe) while travelling on the Tank Bund road. The pride and joy I felt on seeing these statues was not because they were Andhra heroes or Telangana heroes but because each one of them was a symbol of hope for our future (for India's future). A sort of reassurance that we had great people leading our ancestors or living amongst our ancestors in the past and so there was hope that similar leaders will emerge again in the future. Now that has been lost forever.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

In the 70s the DMK govt put up statues of Tamil heroes and heroines in the Marina Beach are. It was a source of pride and history for all people. When NTR became CM he wanted to replicate the idea on Tank Bund to provide the very feelings you felt growing up. Now these vandals have become Talibanised and destroyed the statues.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Looks like there were many people involved in the statue destruction. read and decide for yourself.

LINK
Pent-up anger led to vandalism

Express News Service
First Published : 11 Mar 2011 04:33:40 AM IST
Last Updated : 11 Mar 2011 07:56:51 AM IST

HYDERABAD: The dormant anger of Telangana people over the presence of a large number of statues of eminent persons from coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema regions on the Tank Bund exploded on Thursday, taking everyone by surprise. Taking advantage of the Million March, they went on the rampage, completely damaged 14 statues and threw them into Hussainsagar lake.

The statues of 33 prominent persons including kings, poets, social reformers, artists and writers who strove for the Telugu culture were installed on the Tank Bund when NT Rama Rao came to power in 1984. The statues also included Kakatiya ruler Rani Rudrama Devi and great Telugu poet Bammera Potana who hailed from the Telangana region.

Ever since the Telangana movement became intensified, people from the region started complaining that only half a dozen of the 33 statues represented Telangana though and several prominent sons of the soil were ignored for installation of their statues. The resentment grew into anger when the government ignored the demand made by the TRS and BJP for installation of the statue of Adilabad tribal leader Komaram Bheem who worked for uplift of tribal people and waged a relentless struggle against Nizam's rule. BJP leaders went to the extent of threatening to dismantle the existing statues if Bheem's was not installed there. If a statue of revolutionary poet Sri Sri, who never mentioned Telangana, could be installed, why not Komaram Bheem's was the argument of hardcore Telanganites.

Though the government buckled under pressure and agreed to the demand, work has not been initiated in this regard due to lack of funds. :eek:

Today, the frustration and anger of marchers over the obstacles created by the police saw no bounds. They displayed no regional bias in attacking the statues. The angry mob went on damaging the statues, one after the other, without realising that one of the statues they damaged was that of composer Bhakta Ramadasu who built the Rama temple at Bhadrachalam. :eek:

The agitators uprooted the statues using the iron rods and ropes they picked from the barricades put up by the police.

Its good if political parties don't stoke the fires and let the folks destroy relationships.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

what madness is this? why are they destroying statues of Krishnadeva Raya and the like. the foundation of a new Telangana state cannot be this radicalism. this is insidious, and disheartening.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

ravi_ku wrote:Statues Destroyed/Defaced
i) Emperor Srikrishnadevaraya
ii) Annamacharya
3) Siddhendra Yogi - Kuchipudi
4) Kandukuri Veeresalingam Pantulu
5) Gurazada Appa Rao
6) Yerrapragada was part of the triumvirate (Nannaya and Tikkana were the others) that translated the Mahabharata into Telugu.
7) Sir Arthur Cotton
8) Palnati Brahma Naidu
9) Raghupati Venkaiah
10) Mutnuri Krishna Rao
11) Tripuraneni Ramaswamy Choudary
12) Ballari Raghava
13) Shalivahana
14) Nannaya
15) Yogi Vemana
16) Kshetraya
17) Sri Sri
18) Gurram Jashua
19) CR Reddy

I dont know whether to laugh/ be sad at these people.
We need to add 20) Bhakta Ramdas, Strange but YSR statue has been left undamaged, Looks like this was to Damage any Hindu Icon in the name of Telegana, Great look how these guys are treated by Media compared to Shiv Sena, these guys are far worse...

Business in Hyderabad must be really going down , a few years of this and I think many of the It-Vity companies in HiTech CIty and Gachibowli will start moving out.

Aldready the real estate sector in Hyderabad is down and Nellore is doing much better.
Venkarl
BRFite

Post by Venkarl »

devesh wrote:what madness is this? why are they destroying statues of Krishnadeva Raya and the like. the foundation of a new Telangana state cannot be this radicalism. this is insidious, and disheartening.
This is just the beginning Devesh garu....like I told you in the last page, the emotions have been scuttled high and can take them to any extent....its raging actually.....NRIs here who are pro or anti T should come here and talk to people...no point talking historical or cultural connection here on forum....throwing statues in H Sagar is nothing...Annamaya and Ramadasu...who are Vishnu Bhakts meant nothing to T-Vadis...If Telangana is not formed, it won't be statues next time.....anyone remember Seemandhra folks' houses being ransacked during 1st T movement? .....I have a feeling that, more the delay in T formation...more destruction of life and property is to be witnessed.....and if the process for T state is still not initiated....a violence exceeding the magnitude of a communal riot will occur....Curfew or President's rule will be enforced in this region...

Well its our leaders' creation...so shall the public reap whatever comes out of it...folks with vexed interests behind this T-Movement must be enjoying their pop corn.....I will never forgive INC in this life or next(if there is one) for prolonging on this issue......what a nasty selfish B@stards.
rkirankr
BRFite

Post by rkirankr »

RamaY wrote:
rkirankr wrote: cr@p. This is sedition. :evil: I am not from AP and I do not give a damn to telengana. However what you have written is dangerous boss. This from you was never expected. Other states were divided and they still are ok to be India. I think you have written in an emotional moment. I do not want to go into pros and cons.
One is judged by the company one keeps and actions one takes.

Where were you when KCR, TRS, and TJAC was inviting Arun-dotti-roys and Gilanis to talk on Telangana and support their agitation? Where were you when TRS MLAs were making == with JK issue on live TV? Where were you when OUJAC calling Telangana locals to stop Andhras coming back from their pongal vacations? Where were you when TJAC and TRS goondas were harassing any individual who spoke against T-state?
It looks like a dialogue from Deewar. Like I said before I do not give a damn about telengana. As some body already said, one set of smaller goons who could not loot the state have raised the issue, so that they can loot in their own domain. Just because they are a bunch of cr@p, no need to descend to that level. I have some colleagues who are from this telengana region. I have told them what I think of there so called legitimate demands. I think the defacement of statues of great AP icons (well Krishnadevaraya also belongs to Karnataka) shows their uncultured thinking. This is congi game which has brought the state to this level. Your ire should be against them and not Indian union. How do you think the post above from Narayanrao is not == with what some retards are demanding in JK?
rkirankr
BRFite

Post by rkirankr »

Sushupti wrote:

What i mean't was the "Missionary inspired" character of the Shambhaji brigade and attack on Bhandarkar Institute

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sambhaji_Brigade

By attacking Annamayya and krishnadevrai they are forcing neutral observers to take sides. Annamayya and krishnadevrai are not just Telgu but national figures. I remember how during our primary school days(in UP) we used to get excited when chapter on Krishnadevrai will come up for discussion. And why anyone would attack Annamaya's statue?. This is beyond my comprehension. Its like destroying Saint Gyaneshwar or Tukaram's statue calling them Maharashtrian or Tulsidas or Surdas declaring them Bhaiyas
True till today I was a neutral observer. After reading about this sick act , I know which side Iam. Hail United Andhra
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Venkarl wrote:
devesh wrote:what madness is this? why are they destroying statues of Krishnadeva Raya and the like. the foundation of a new Telangana state cannot be this radicalism. this is insidious, and disheartening.
This is just the beginning Devesh garu....like I told you in the last page, the emotions have been scuttled high and can take them to any extent....its raging actually.....NRIs here who are pro or anti T should come here and talk to people...no point talking historical or cultural connection here on forum....throwing statues in H Sagar is nothing...Annamaya and Ramadasu...who are Vishnu Bhakts meant nothing to T-Vadis...If Telangana is not formed, it won't be statues next time.....anyone remember Seemandhra folks' houses being ransacked during 1st T movement? .....I have a feeling that, more the delay in T formation...more destruction of life and property is to be witnessed.....and if the process for T state is still not initiated....a violence exceeding the magnitude of a communal riot will occur....Curfew or President's rule will be enforced in this region...

Well its our leaders' creation...so shall the public reap whatever comes out of it...folks with vexed interests behind this T-Movement must be enjoying their pop corn.....I will never forgive INC in this life or next(if there is one) for prolonging on this issue......what a nasty selfish B@stards.
Looks like the destruction of statues is designed to help serve the agenda you are pushing.
The ultimatums declared in your post should greatly echo with those of the perpetrators of this act.
Were you by any chance one of them?
Venkarl
BRFite

Post by Venkarl »

Lilo ji...what can I say? :roll: ....... I cannot put it in words how painful I feel for the vandalism that took place on Tank bund...please do not rub salt on my wounds. Whatever I said is not my agenda or wish...but it is the reflection of chit chats I had with general T-Vadi public residing in twin cities....even JP has said same thing citing Tutsi and Hutu tribe conflicts as an example in the very beginning of this movement...I merely went into details....rite now I am very depressed...you still want to accuse and pin me down...go ahead...won't matter...
nvishal
BRFite

Post by nvishal »

So many people bleeding their hearts out over lifeless material things that were hardly two decades old. Where were these people when t-state was mourning about the hundred or so who died in police firing? or the other hundred or so t-folks who died by suicide? Clearly, you are not looking this through T's eyes.

A lot of rona-dhona is going on over these statues which is only creating more anger in t-state. For T, these statues meant nothing more than andhra markings and hence targeted.

Ever since the Telangana movement became intensified, people from the region started complaining that only half a dozen of the 33 statues represented Telangana though and several prominent sons of the soil were ignored for installation of their statues. The resentment grew into anger when the government ignored the demand made by the TRS and BJP for installation of the statue of Adilabad tribal leader Komaram Bheem who worked for uplift of tribal people and waged a relentless struggle against Nizam's rule. BJP leaders went to the extent of threatening to dismantle the existing statues if Bheem's was not installed there. If a statue of revolutionary poet Sri Sri, who never mentioned Telangana, could be installed, why not Komaram Bheem's was the argument of hardcore Telanganites.

Though the government buckled under pressure and agreed to the demand, work has not been initiated in this regard due to lack of funds.

Today, the frustration and anger of marchers over the obstacles created by the police saw no bounds. They displayed no regional bias in attacking the statues. The angry mob went on damaging the statues, one after the other, without realising that one of the statues they damaged was that of composer Bhakta Ramadasu who built the Rama temple at Bhadrachalam.

The agitators uprooted the statues using the iron rods and ropes they picked from the barricades put up by the police.
Last edited by nvishal on 11 Mar 2011 16:07, edited 3 times in total.
Venkarl
BRFite

Post by Venkarl »

Perfect....but why Annamaya and Ramadasu? Thank God, Lord Balaji is mythological figure...
nvishal
BRFite

Post by nvishal »

^Drowsed in mob mentality. What do you expect, they came there with a list?
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

nvishal wrote:So many people bleeding their hearts out over lifeless material things that were hardly two decades old. Where were these people when t-state was mourning about the hundred or so who died in police firing? or the other hundred or so t-folks who died by suicide? Clearly, you are not looking this through T's eyes.

Although the government buckled under pressure and agreed to the demand, work has not been initiated in this regard due to lack of funds.
Boss most of us are neutral on the Telegana issue, but you can't blame others for thier sucide and nobody argument is weakened by thier sucide. Telegana issue is valid and to be debated.

I was in Hyderabad last and knew people whose cars were damaged and saw a car on fire merely because it had a Vijayawada registration? Is this Justified, Many people who dioed in Police firing died after doing some serious Arson, they were not innocents.

But showing anger towards Krishna Deva Raya, Annamacharya or Bhakt Ramdas and then describe as acts as nothing?, Then why do people feel insulted when Indira statue, YSR statue, Ambedkar Statue, Jesus or Mary Statue, Dargah or Masjid is descreated?? They are also lifeless objects.
rkirankr
BRFite

Post by rkirankr »

nvishal wrote:So many people bleeding their hearts out over lifeless material things that were hardly two decades old. Where were these people when t-state was mourning about the hundred or so who died in police firing? or the other hundred or so t-folks who died by suicide? Clearly, you are not looking this through T's eyes.

A lot of rona-dhona is going on over these statues which is only creating more anger in t-state. For T, these statues meant nothing more than andhra markings and hence targeted.

Though the government buckled under pressure and agreed to the demand, work has not been initiated in this regard due to lack of funds.

Today, the frustration and anger of marchers over the obstacles created by the police saw no bounds. They displayed no regional bias in attacking the statues. The angry mob went on damaging the statues, one after the other, without realising that one of the statues they damaged was that of composer Bhakta Ramadasu who built the Rama temple at Bhadrachalam.

So then why the resentment for not installing Komaram Bheem's statue , which again would be a lifeless material thing?
nvishal
BRFite

Post by nvishal »

^Well that is the benchmark in india. You cannot get noticed until you damage some public and private property.

Who is innocent here? The entire state govt is in cahoots and engaging in undemocratic activities by restricting protests. If you push people in the corner like that, obviously they will become hostile. The current situation is all a product of andhra's acting like macho studs. Its been that way since day one. Tough guys with juvenile level intellect.

They went after those statues not because they were telugu but because they were andhra. If you keep singing this anti-telugu song then the day is not far when they'll "actually" start targeting the "telugu" things.
rkirankr
BRFite

Post by rkirankr »

AdityaV wrote
But showing anger towards Krishna Deva Raya, Annamacharya or Bhakt Ramdas and then describe as acts as nothing?, Then why do people feel insulted when Indira statue, YSR statue, Ambedkar Statue, Jesus or Mary Statue, Dargah or Masjid is descreated?? They are also lifeless objects.
But Adityaji , these guys' a$$e$ would whupped if they touched these statues, hence the so called emotional action.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

^^^ Well, well, more fun heading hyd's way, seems like. gadha-r just announced another million man march.

See, skunks tend to smell blood when law and order enforcement are wilfully abandoned as happened at tankbund. It's in their nature only. Expect more BS bombardment on a weekly basis until something gives in or gives up somewhere.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

^^^
More violence and more Gadar types involvement, lesser the chances of Telangana state. In spite of real T sentiment and some genuine griviences, now the whole movement is rightly branded as maoist movement. The T folks lost it even if it is not their fault.