Telangana Monitor

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
vnadendla
BRFite

Re: Telangana Monitor

Post by vnadendla »

Can you tell me what is your plan for getting water to Telangana. I am not looking for a vague one liner. I want to see a complete money making business plan. I'd rather prefer to spend that money to get manfacturing jobs. Nano should have been in T not in agri Bengal. Now Gujarat took it. Anyway agri economy will be superceeded by industrial economy as country develops. And manfacturing jobs are semi skilled and young semi educated people can be retrained to it.
devesh wrote:
ramana wrote:It looks like the T Leadership are people with virtual book. Their ideology and actions are all similar to Muslim League before Partition.

Yes ramanaji, we are all Pakified dhimmis only...we get it. then why SA folks want to degrade themselves by being in our presence. we've had enough of this nonsense of Samaikhyandhra, where Coastal Andhra conveniently gets all the water in the name of gravity and low lying areas, when there are ways to restrict this and give Telangana its share of water. let there be enough water first and agriculture will grow. then we can talk about everything else. that is the basic requirement. water for Telangana and the consequent betterment of agri sector are the needs of the day. and in SA, this will never happen. Seemandhra MLA's together outnumber Telangana and will stand against any project which actually aims at giving more water for Telangana. YSR's agenda made this quite clear.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Ravi_Ku garu,

The Link I provided above has project status info also (till 2008 looks like). There are news reports that work has been stopped since 2009 elections for lack of funds. I will try to put all of them in a single map and post with status...

If you see most of the projects are Lift projects with planned reservoirs for every 30-40 miles. With innovating plans these can be executed. Govt. must educate the farming community in these areas on water availability periods (cannot lift water in Summer etc).

Now I can make sense out of Ramanaji's post a while ago. Once this program is executed, separate T is a lost game... T-leadership is trying to get a state so they can reap the benefits of all this economic activity.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Devesh garu,

From the link I gave on Jalayajnam. Telangana = 14,682 crores Vs Kosta 8,496 and Rayalaseema 3,945 crores.
Details of tenders finalised Under JALAYAGNAM

l.No Region E.P.C. Packages No.of Packages Agreement Value (Rs in crores)
Non-E.P.C. Packages
No.of
Packages Agreement Value
(Rs in crores)
Total
(Rs in crores)
1 Andhra 52 8496.01 9 692.59 9188.60
2 Rayalaseema 35 3945.29 4 136.04 4081.33
3 Telangana 71 14682.57 8 2048.14 16730.71
Total 158 27123.87 21 2876.77 30000.64
Total Irrigation Potential Creation Under JALAYAGNAM

Sl.No Region No.of Projects Proposed Ayacut development
(in Aceres)
1 Andhra 22 36,37,719
2 Rayalaseema 11 17,60,500
3 Telangana 26 29,13,388
Hope you will get the picture.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

It is the hight of the land from the water level in the rivers which is the main problemn. We do not know from where the power for lifting the water will come. Gurujis can correct me if I am wrong, the power required for lift irregation in the proposed projects in Telangana is almost equal to the total power consumption of AP at present. Remember this power has to be provided on regular basis for the water lifting. The cost of the irregation water supply in any such lift irregation project will be very very high and prohibitive. I wonder how any of this projects are viable? Correct me if I am wrong.
VenkataS
BRFite

Post by VenkataS »

Devesh,
I fail to understand the significance of only concentrating on agriculture or lift irrigation based projects for Telangana in the big picture. Agriculture should not be the sole focus of our strategy for improving the lives of our people be it in T or in SA. I am not saying that we should not improve our agricultural sector, we should (with a focus on increasing yield/productivity), but I think it should not be our sole focus.

If you look at the statistics, in most developed nations agriculture contributes less then 5% to the country's GDP and less than 5% of the workforce is employed in agriculture. Infact for advanced nations like the US (agricultural contribution to total GDP is 1.2% with similar labour force percentages). Granted the US is several years ahead of us. However I fail to see how agriculture is going to be a long term solution for us given the small land holdings in India.

Most farmers in India own very little land (to the tune of a few acres or less) which prevents any mechanization of agriculture and subsequent output growth. This mires the farmer to a life of poverty. Plus with such small land holdings the farmer is usually unable to save for a rainy day and hence might be severely impacted by a bad monsoon or some such calamity. Our long term aim should be to move the population away from agriculture and into sustainable employment in the industry/services sectors.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the priorities as I see it should be developing the industrial sector alongside the current services growth and imparting necessary skills to the general population. Industrial sector will develop if and when there is improved connectivity, and adequate supply of electricity, with abundant supply of skilled labor.

Shouldn't these then be the goals of a seperate T or a united Andhra Pradesh:
  • Improving the literacy levels of the general population
    Imparting employable skills to the general public through an informal ITI kind of setup.
    Improving road/rail/port connectivity within the state.
    Improving the power supply and distribution infrastructure of the state so that we have no rolling blackouts anywhere.
    Promoting industry heavily in all the areas.
    Continuing to develop our services sector.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Narayanarao garu,

Yes the power requirement for the lift irrigation is high but can be economically achievable with proper planning (will write about my thoughts in a separate post).

VenkataS garu,

Recent economic progress brought equal, if not more, opportunities for telangana. I truly hope these Kodandarams and self styled T-intellectuals spend some time and energy in making Telangana graduates and Post Graduates employable in private sector than creating castles of Govt. Jobs in the air.

For a regions development, all sectors have to work in a constant manner. Unfortunately political activism has taken central space in Telangana in the past decade, thanks to TRS.

People underestimate the power of compromise to achieve short term benefits in a larger long term strategy; the long term goal being multi-faceted development of Telangana.

Imagine the mileage TRS can get if it agrees a 10yr moritoriam on T-agitation in return for completion of all planned Jalayajnam projects and a Rs. 2-3000 Cr special package for each backward district. TRS will get a 10 year life extension (there will be no need for TRS in a T state) in return for some short term benefits in development arena.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

i had posted a video on the previous page without watching the full video. i just did and there are huge parts of it that are outright silly. i wish i could take off the link, but can't edit the post.

RamaY:

i have spent a lot of time on the net trying to get some facts about Jalayagnam. the only things i can find are out of govt websites or some fans fawning over YSR and his family. also, i know that there are lot of projects in Telangana under JY, but how many provide water for T and how transfer it? that's the question.

and what is the background of Ms. Kavita? what's with this fixation on statues? for GOD's sake, even Yechuri had to come out and pay lip service against destruction of statues, and she wants to do it again? they are hijacking the movement. threatening to spread anarchy if their demands are not fulfilled. this will only antagonize everybody including Telanganaites. this is utter nonsense and it needs to stop. they are going to burn all the credibility that the movement has.
vnadendla
BRFite

Post by vnadendla »

Like in IT there is a HUGE requirement of health care professionals around the world (doctors, Nurses etc) with the aging of developed countries. Telangana can get a big slice of the pie if it can manage to get development funds of 2-3K crores per district and use it to setup 5 medical colleges per district (150 X 5 = 750 cr). 50 medical colleges will create immediate jobs in infrastructure, support services etc while allowing for future outsourcing of Health care to telangana. Maybe other funds can be used to setup 6 lane + train transport corridor from each district to hyderabad. At this point a slight retreat from T can get great benefits from clueless center.
RamaY wrote:Narayanarao garu,

Yes the power requirement for the lift irrigation is high but can be economically achievable with proper planning (will write about my thoughts in a separate post).

VenkataS garu,

Recent economic progress brought equal, if not more, opportunities for telangana. I truly hope these Kodandarams and self styled T-intellectuals spend some time and energy in making Telangana graduates and Post Graduates employable in private sector than creating castles of Govt. Jobs in the air.

For a regions development, all sectors have to work in a constant manner. Unfortunately political activism has taken central space in Telangana in the past decade, thanks to TRS.

People underestimate the power of compromise to achieve short term benefits in a larger long term strategy; the long term goal being multi-faceted development of Telangana.

Imagine the mileage TRS can get if it agrees a 10yr moritoriam on T-agitation in return for completion of all planned Jalayajnam projects and a Rs. 2-3000 Cr special package for each backward district. TRS will get a 10 year life extension (there will be no need for TRS in a T state) in return for some short term benefits in development arena.
Venkarl
BRFite

Post by Venkarl »

devesh wrote: and what is the background of Ms. Kavita? what's with this fixation on statues? for GOD's sake, even Yechuri had to come out and pay lip service against destruction of statues, and she wants to do it again? they are hijacking the movement. threatening to spread anarchy if their demands are not fulfilled. this will only antagonize everybody including Telanganaites. this is utter nonsense and it needs to stop. they are going to burn all the credibility that the movement has.
:lol: :lol: ....... those statues will be downed again biratharu...be it under Kavitha or Harish Boat Rao or KKKodandaram leadership.....if not immediately...in a separate T they will be downed....and careful saar...Kavitha is the role model of T-women....say anything against them....you'll be treated as Telangana Drohi....the movement was started by them and they gave the credibility to this long dead movement in 2000s after 70s...what'll they hijack now?? ..these are all pressure tactics....just wait saar...more destruction is to come...unfortunately. :(
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Devesh garu,

As I read your posts in other topics, I realized one thing. However nationalistic and open minded we are; we get a bit emotional and closed minded when it comes to issues that we are emotionally attached to. It is a reflection of me too. I realized this in this thread and from that moment I became a little amenable to separate T idea, provided it leads to a cultural, economic, and Intellectual progress of Indic civilization. My Paki statements are mainly to bring out the potential minefields being laid by Kodandaram and his leftist cohorts and INC perfidy.

I heard that T-NRIJAC is very active in this movement. Perhaps you folks should come up with reasonable mid-term objectives (1-10 years) and present a possible compromise on the basis of verifiable development on the ground, especially in the areas of food security, drinking water, public health, employable education (my recommendation is primary+secondary+vocational{Polytechnic type not ITI type}), completion of Jalayajnam projects, establishment of next-gen industry (Ramanaji and I have a dream project for Adilabad district) such as Solar/Wind/Bio-diesel power, semi-conductor, etc., and so on...

On the JY projects, as far as I see, I have to disagree with your assessment on their objective that is irrigation of T regions instead of transfer of those waters to non-telangana regions. Most of these projects are multi-level lift irrigation projects, creating massive reservoirs at each tier. That is an awesome benefit for local populations if they focus the T-movement for regional benefits. For example let us say project A has a lift of 50TMC in tier 1; it will have 40 in tier 2, 30 in tier 3 etc.. 10 TMC must be allocated for the regional ayacut around that reservoir. After reading those project reports my respect for our babudom went at least two notches up.

If you observe closely KCR's family is nicely positioned similar to gundhi-dy-nasty in this issue. The longer the issue the more cash they can reap thru extortion that too with no accountability. When a T-state forms on ground, they will be made accountable for the development of the region. nvishal garu might say let the people pay for their deeds/wants but it would be sad to have a region in India struggle in return for a separate state govt.

JMT...
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Some useless arguments are being recycled time and again sirs. It was already admitted here also that Hate is not base for the agitation. With that kind of base there is no use for any argument.

Let us have a resolution in the AP Assembly and close the issue. If the Sonia criminal gang wants to proceed with the division with a negative mandate from AP Assembly and also against their own allies in TMC, NCP, NC, and DMK etc they can do what everthey want. Let them be prepared to lose AP state Governament and 21 MP seas in immediate future (which may lead to fall of Union Governament) and 25 MP seats in any future elections. In Telangana they have to beg before MIM, BJP & TRS for every thing.

One thing is for sure I personally do not wish to be citizen in a Indian State which will reward people who destroy Krishnadeva Rayya's or other great childen of Bharatmata. May be we need to revist 1951 and see if this India really deserve to have a great civilisational back ground or not. If division allowed now means that this Indian state only recognises naxals and their front organisations. There is no place for Indic civilisation and people who have any assosiation for our civilisation. The Indian constitution is effectively dead. There is no place for any Indic Telugu people here. Only Nizam Bhaktha telugu people can live in this State happy along with Annas and Akkas.

Let us the non Telangana people loyal to Indic civilisation need to have a saparate Telugu nation. It is better to be traitors in this country where in traitors only treated well like gods and they only have rights than to be loyal and abused like theifs, looters, bandits child killers and what not day after day. I felt bad posting similar post some time back. But after seeing so many posts in entire 90 pages and reading all the rubbish published on the net, I am now sure the AP state and Telugu people are marked for division and destruction as an assult on Indic people by Italian gang and if Indian state allows it now then effectively it is on its way to die by thousand cuts with division at each place so that church and mullas can pick up the remains of the indic people. Sonia gang already marked Thirupathi temple for takeover by Delhi Governament. Plans afoot to build church just outside Terumala hills and old plans to give at least one hill out of 7 hills to church are being revisted under Ahmed Patel and Sonia. So effectively as part of India even our most sacread temples will not be safe. Then why we need this Indian state. Let it continue as a Italian colony.

At first this thread was named as Balkanisation of India. Gurus, it is round the corner. May be before 2014.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Most of those JY projects were created by graduates of OU, RECW and Nagarjuna Engg Colleges batches of mid 70s. So they know what they are doing. The plan is to restore Telangana to the glory days of Satavahans. Irrigation will give prosperity and confidence tothe rural folks and that will develop entire AP. The magnitude of the JY task is to lift three times the volume to five times the height of any project in the world.

Thats was the plan. If it gets implemented it will undercut the KCR and JAC types very badly. Hence their overdrive. INC is chalta hain and wants anything that will keep them in power. After YSR death they are like snake with head cut off.
vnadendla
BRFite

Post by vnadendla »

ramana wrote:Most of those JY projects were created by graduates of OU, RECW and Nagarjuna Engg Colleges batches of mid 70s. So they know what they are doing. The plan is to restore Telangana to the glory days of Satavahans. Irrigation will give prosperity and confidence tothe rural folks and that will develop entire AP. The magnitude of the JY task is to lift three times the volume to five times the height of any project in the world.

Thats was the plan. If it gets implemented it will undercut the KCR and JAC types very badly. Hence their overdrive. INC is chalta hain and wants anything that will keep them in power. After YSR death they are like snake with head cut off.
Ramana
Do you have any technical material on these projects?
Maybe to look at the returns we should not look narrowly but more broadly like you said "Irrigation will give prosperity and confidence tothe rural folks and that will develop entire AP"
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

No I dont have any such material.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

munna wrote:The act of destruction at the bund has bared the forces who are using T movement to create a sanctuary for themselves. It is clear that this movement has two strains one of which is led by KCR, BJP and T-INC faction the other one is Maoist complex. In my view the state will be a reality soon and the only thing standing between complete maoisation of state will be the former faction of polity.
There are no two strains. Period. The two strain thing is a mirage. The stallwarts of BJP like LKA stood with Gaddar on the same podium during last 2009 election campaign. All the ABVP and BJP leaders are roaming with likes of Kodandaram etc. Regarding TRS, KCR was with Swami Agnivesh and Arundhathi Roy several times. There is no more blurring. I am extremely sad to see BJP going down in my home state this way from 1998. They would have been like in Karnataka had they challenged the external+internal+EJ+Maoist modelling happened on Telugus during the fateful years of 2003-2004. Sorry, these are no more CTs. The worst has occured.
munna wrote: Despite all the hot air and empty anger here on this forum I really see no action against or redressal of obscene concentration of wealth via crony capitalism by Kosta politicians.
This is too much to put it that way. If entire Kosta wealth and capitalism to be called as crony then all the capitalists of India are crony. The region is just a fertile region and wealth that was generated produced more eggs over a period of time. It is just similar to any wealthy region of India. All the factors like lobbying, favoritism and corruption are same. Why Kosta people have to be discriminated as they just followed the paths provided by India.

Obscene concentration of wealth with Ambanis and a host of Gujarathis too. What is NM or Gujarathis doing against them? We should stop hating the wealth as India needs wealth. Yeah there will be bad fish always and you can go to any region you will find. The processes of Indian nation will have to take care. It is not by means of unleashing them to develop an area when you need them and calling them crony after use.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

We need a hundred Jagat Sheths and not just one. Wealth is not the problem but concentration in one is not good.

Re BJP in AP. Isnt the problem that the leadership of AP BJP is from Telangana, not withstanding Venkaiah Naidu from Chittor region? They dont see a united Andhra vision.
Venkarl
BRFite

Post by Venkarl »

ramana wrote:.. Wealth is not the problem but concentration in one is not good..
+1 <Thumbs Up>
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

ramana wrote:We need a hundred Jagat Sheths and not just one. Wealth is not the problem but concentration in one is not good.
Entire world of capitalism is like that. 10% of US population has 90% of its wealth. Serious misconceptions are being created about the wealth of coastal AP folks. Wealth concentrations, imbalances in regions and sub-regions are all there across patches of India. In case of AP villians are being created and demonized.

Coming back to current state of affairs:

It seems that there is some ice breaking between SA MPs and T-MPs finally and there is a consensus that state could be bifurcated and also Hyderabad is a contention. Probability of Hyderabad becoming independent of of both SA and T is high. Once the final consensus is arrived, two simultaneous events are being planned. One, TRS merger with Congress party and two a resolution to divide the state. All these events before May end.

I don't know what is that T-state will enjoy after the split if HYD is being accepted by their politcos as contention. They should not even allow negotiations on HYD if there are any pus-cells in their bodies.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

If HYD is out of picture then Center INC will continue the loot.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

:rotfl:

To make the world flat :mrgreen: I would keep the rest of AP united and separate Hyd (GHMC area) as a UT and second capital of India.
munna
BRFite
Location: Pee Arr Eff's resident Constitution Compliance Strategist (Phd, with upper hand)

Post by munna »

Muppalla wrote:There are no two strains. Period. The two strain thing is a mirage. The stallwarts of BJP like LKA stood with Gaddar on the same podium during last 2009 election campaign. All the ABVP and BJP leaders are roaming with likes of Kodandaram etc. Regarding TRS, KCR was with Swami Agnivesh and Arundhathi Roy several times. There is no more blurring. I am extremely sad to see BJP going down in my home state this way from 1998. They would have been like in Karnataka had they challenged the external+internal+EJ+Maoist modelling happened on Telugus during the fateful years of 2003-2004. Sorry, these are no more CTs. The worst has occured.
Maybe the worst has occurred! Again I do not defend all policies of BJP and in fact you have been stauncher supporter of the party than I. Muppallaji BJP in AP moved a party resolution for Telangana state way back in 1997, a weak mobilization of T-vadis and stern Naidu prevented that from happening. In 2010-11 we have Home Minister of India after due internal consultations with Chairman of UPA and PM announces steps towards formation of T-state. Now rewind back to Nuke deal saga, BJP was criticized for standing on the same ground as CPM in LS just because they formed an opinion that IUCNA was not good for the country. I agree CPM and BJP were prescribing same policy but the ends and reasons were as different as chalk and cheese. It is the same thing here, major political streams within Telangana and that includes BJP too want a separate state. Now it is the duty of party leadership to convey that, I am sure had coastal Andhra invested in other parties (read BJP) instead of wasting votes on PRP or even CBN, they would have had other options at their disposal. With one party and one family rule AP elite has created a very fragile political situation for itself.
Muppalla wrote:This is too much to put it that way. If entire Kosta wealth and capitalism to be called as crony then all the capitalists of India are crony. The region is just a fertile region and wealth that was generated produced more eggs over a period of time. It is just similar to any wealthy region of India. All the factors like lobbying, favoritism and corruption are same. Why Kosta people have to be discriminated as they just followed the paths provided by India.

Obscene concentration of wealth with Ambanis and a host of Gujarathis too. What is NM or Gujarathis doing against them? We should stop hating the wealth as India needs wealth. Yeah there will be bad fish always and you can go to any region you will find. The processes of Indian nation will have to take care. It is not by means of unleashing them to develop an area when you need them and calling them crony after use.
Again Mupallaji hope you realize that this is not about singling out any community or successful group of people, perhaps I have not been clear enough. What I mean to convey is that Kosta politicos are rolling in obscene wealth gained by virtue of dominating a large state, Modi is not. The large state gives them a scale that includes Telangana share of whatever comes along. The idea is like this

Vote----> Power----->Notes------->Votes and the circle continues.

Now T state regional politicians aspire to be mini-YSRs, mini-Artistes or mini-Deve Gowdas. No amount of irrigation projects or portfolios can match having own Chief Secretary, landing state chopper at Palam Technical Airport on Delhi visits or Z+ state security under own police! The issue is that INC has thoroughly mismanaged the situation to its own selfish end. There is latent sub-nationalism in Telangana that is undeniable and T politicos want their share of loot instead of a lecture on shared culture and history.

I feel sad to see the country degenerate into this but people on record state "money above all" then who am I to question its followers? We see similar trends in our dealings with other countries too whereby we are ready to sell out and cave in for a few more silver pieces? Why will our domestic polity fail to take note and not be similarly money minded? Sad sighs.....
Last edited by munna on 15 Mar 2011 23:06, edited 1 time in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

RamaY wrote::rotfl:

To make the world flat :mrgreen: I would keep the rest of AP united and separate Hyd (GHMC area) as a UT and second capital of India.

That was the plan in the sixties till it got pushed aside. The SC is supposed to hold southern 3-Judge bench in Hyd. The Rastrapati is supposed to be in Hyd for three months in the Bhavan there. All that got cast aside! Why do you think all those DRDO labs came up in the sixties?
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

munna wrote: Maybe the worst has occurred! Again I do not defend all policies of BJP and in fact you have been stauncher supporter of the party than I. Muppallaji BJP in AP moved a party resolution for Telangana state way back in 1997, a weak mobilization of T-vadis and stern Naidu prevented that from happening. In 2010-11 we have Home Minister of India after due internal consultations with Chairman of UPA and PM announces steps towards formation of T-state. Now rewind back to Nuke deal saga, BJP was criticized for standing on the same ground as CPM in LS just because they formed an opinion that IUCNA was not good for the country. I agree CPM and BJP were prescribing same policy but the ends and reasons were as different as chalk and cheese. It is the same thing here, major political streams within Telangana and that includes BJP too want a separate state. Now it is the duty of party leadership to convey that, I am sure had coastal Andhra invested in other parties (read BJP) instead of wasting votes on PRP or even CBN, they would have had other options at their disposal. With one party and one family rule AP elite has created a very fragile political situation for itself.
Yes and no.

BJP had a long standing policy of smaller states and in the same persuit they had this Telangana in their policies as well. Nothing wrong about having a policy and working towards implementation. During NDA government, they created the three states and questions were asked naturally about Telangana state. LKA was blunt in saying that state's substantial development is happening in Hyderabad and hence there is no more need for such a state. On top of that they clearly said that when there is a consensus we will create more smaller states with regards to Vidharbha etc. That was in line with the philosophy and also methodologies of BJP. However, in this round all the principles are lost and their local cadres and also leaders are joining the same hatred bandwagon.

Coming to BJP in AP there are several posts and I was busy and hence did not reply earlier. A lot is due to the Hyderabad's history, self made wrongs and sinster-stuff on the state that occured during 2003-2004 are the reasons for its complete erasure. Its peak was in 1998 (pre-Kargil) when it fought both TDP and INC.

Currently it stands at a big zero irrespective of their stand. Even in T during the couple of elections even after T state movement picking up, they got 4 out of 150 in Greater Hyd elections. They used to be either winners or runners in HYD region which is the only region that they were always strong. The MLA victories that they got are by piggy backing on TRS. The funny part is they go along with TRS but TRS alway talks with INC. There is realistically no change at all for them in either regions now. As a practical man what would you do in such a situation? You will try to behave as a gentleman without taking sides so that you may get an opportunity at a later date. However, you take a side 400% and also with negligible (actually illusionary) gains while getting the wrath of the otherside because of your 400% nature. Instead if you have taken a 75% towards T route you may have a lot of options in future. Come on!!! you are a national party and not TRS-2.

Just to give a perspective of BJP in AP as a summary:
(1) When BJP was nothing in India, the situation is same in AP with its cadre is alway considerable in areas where Hindus have Takleef due to Islamists and their pampering by the INC. Erstwhile HYD was such a city and hence it is basically a HYD party.
(2) Though HYD had leaders like Bandaru Dattatreya(Ex -Rail Minister for State during NDA, Bangaru Laxman (Ex President BJP) and Venkiah Naidu they were never movers or shakers like Yeddi or Modi etc.
(3) TDP and BJP are extremely close friends not just during NDA rule but it is there since the times of 1980s. BJPs leaders used to be sent to RS from AP during Rajiv's era using TDP votes to create an opposition space nationally which was non-existant. There is no reason for TDP to give any such space except for creating anti-INC opposition in India.
(4) Post 1996 they wanted to explore independent of TDP in AP. No T seperate stuff. Like the strategy that they had elsewhere of capturing the middle-caste votes in Guj, MP and KA they adopted the middle castes like Kapus to create a leadership that is neither Reddys not Kammas.
(5) It started working wonders and in 1998 to the surprise of everyone, they captured Rajamundry, Narsapur types of delta heartland LS seats. They thought another KA is in the making. I would say that was the right strategy. It got a historic 18% votes on its own. Dented strong TDP and INC strongholds. They did impressively in HYD region too.
(6) INC modeled this state as this state fall from its bracket is a big no-no. When TRS came out in 2004, Advani clearly said no-T and even went to polls with TDP. NDA lost.
(7) Suddenly BJP jumped back to T sloganeering and lost even the HYD - the original base. Now it stands at third positon or may be fourth.
(8) With the creation of Chiranjeevi in 2009, its middle-caste creation was also lost to INC
(9) With zero direction and zero vision it goes with anyone who throws stones and burns buses for T state that in the end will not be in their bracket.

Irrespective of T formation and inspite of some illusionary BJP base in T there is nothing to it except getting hated more. The biggest drawback is BJP did not move away from takleef based political base to sections and interests-based political base. It can't move to development based unless it comes to power.
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

Muppalla wrote:(5) It started working wonders and in 1998 to the surprise of everyone, they captured Rajamundry, Narsapur types of delta heartland LS seats. They thought another KA is in the making. I would say that was the right strategy. It got a historic 18% votes on its own. Dented strong TDP and INC strongholds. They did impressively in HYD region too.
Muppalla gaaru,

THis is wrong. When they won in 1998 in coastal andhra, it was piggybanking on TDP, nothing more, nothing less.

BJP's strength in 98 in CA and Telangana minus hyd was TDP's strength. In 98 BJP fought along side TDP while communists were with congress
L Ram
BRFite -Trainee

Post by L Ram »

ravi_ku wrote:
Muppalla wrote:(5) It started working wonders and in 1998 to the surprise of everyone, they captured Rajamundry, Narsapur types of delta heartland LS seats. They thought another KA is in the making. I would say that was the right strategy. It got a historic 18% votes on its own. Dented strong TDP and INC strongholds. They did impressively in HYD region too.
Muppalla gaaru,

THis is wrong. When they won in 1998 in coastal andhra, it was piggybanking on TDP, nothing more, nothing less.

BJP's strength in 98 in CA and Telangana minus hyd was TDP's strength. In 98 BJP fought along side TDP while communists were with congress
Here you are wrong. BJP won Rajamundry and Narsapur in 1998 election held in March without anybodys support. pls check records. Muppalla garu your analysis is absolutly right.

Muppalla garu are you related to Muppalla Laxmana Rao Alias Ganapati???? Any way OT for this topic and just curious.
Last edited by L Ram on 16 Mar 2011 01:15, edited 1 time in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

And now the statues destruction idea is being attributed to some hot-head in BJP who said it somewhere and got implemented now! With that 'chaapa' how will the get any traction in rest of Andhra Pradesh ever?
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

ravi_ku wrote:THis is wrong. When they won in 1998 in coastal andhra, it was piggybanking on TDP, nothing more, nothing less.

http://eci.nic.in/eci_main/StatisticalR ... _LS_98.pdf
Start looking from page 171. You can clearly see TDP, BJP and INC in contest from Bobbili onwards. They won a total of four. Two from Kosta and two from T and zero from R. BJP went alone in 1998 that fell down just before Kargil. TDP supported BJP for the 13 month NDA government. TDP+BJP won almost a landslide in 1999 after the Kargil war. They may have got more than 18% in 1999 but as they went with TDP we will never know. Hence I always base 1998 numbers as peak. In fact 1999 and 2004 are the only two elction when TDP's only partner was BJP instead of traditional CPI, CPM etc.
munna
BRFite
Location: Pee Arr Eff's resident Constitution Compliance Strategist (Phd, with upper hand)

Post by munna »

But dear friends (Muppallaji and Ravi_Ku) they (BJP) are minnows and will remain minnows in one or both regions depending upon the analysis one relies upon!

They are irrelevant for medium and short term, the only thing relevant as of now is to avoid bad blood and educate masses against mobmania. I remember posting about avoiding bad blood a couple of months ago. The descent of state and society is being arranged in a classical way. First a section of society was told that another section was responsible for their misery real or imagined, second get the dominant section of society to display bravado and anger, third organize mass protests and public violence by so called weaker section, fourth bring down state machinery on that section heavily, fifth talk about zero possibility of co-existence together, sixth complete dissociation of beligerent grouping from a shared cultural, social and regional identity aka destruction at the bund.

Now the last step does actually leads to more violence and we as sensible (even if hurt and emotional) citizens need to cool the heads down so that any solution be it unity or partition does not lead to violence and permanent rivalry.
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

Muppalla gaaru,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTR_Telugu ... arvathi%29

At that time there was a break away faction of TDP which was working for BJP. TDP didnt consolidate behind Babu until after that election.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

munna ji,

I again say the samething. This whole thing that was enacted in 2004 has nothing to do with the people of both sides even if they are throwing stones today. Powerful forces used the state and created anarchy and INC is the single reason for that. The people and the other national parties failed to take the challenge.

<OT>
L Ram wrote:Muppalla garu are you related to Muppalla Laxmana Rao Alias Ganapati???? Any way OT for this topic and just curious.
No, I am not. Even the police inquiry of my brother's passport application did ask the same question. Unfortunately my lastname is associated to the top most Naxal leader.

There are several folks with the same last name. Muppalla is a village in Muppalla mandal of Guntur Dt. There are two other villages one in Narsaropet mandal of Guntur Dt. and also one in Nandigama Mandal of Krishna Dt.

Important to note - That Ganapathy tells to the world that he is from Karimnagar to just fool that he is T. But he is not. Most of the Naxal leaders (top brass) are from Kosta though they fight for T but fool the T population.
</OT>
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

ravi_ku wrote:Muppalla gaaru,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTR_Telugu ... arvathi%29

At that time there was a break away faction of TDP which was working for BJP. TDP didnt consolidate behind Babu until after that election.
TDP did consolidate with Naidu.

BJP ceded something like five seats to them. But Lakshmi Parvati (NTR-TDP) has no votes as the party got wound up immediately after the elections. Her addition to BJP's kitty could be something negligible.

That tells you one more thing. BJP is always trying to do some wierd experiments in AP rather than trying something like Lingayat base of Karnataka.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Even during college days, the BJP guys would do wierd things and more often than not, it was to set fire to own house for some illusory gains. I am speaking of RECW in the early 70s!

In that period there came a BJP student leader who first consolidated all the BJP leaning folks and what it did was make the commies become strong by creating fights and dividing the non-Commie opposition. The BJP leaning folks from T region anyway supported the Commies.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

ramana wrote:
RamaY wrote: To make the world flat :mrgreen: I would keep the rest of AP united and separate Hyd (GHMC area) as a UT and second capital of India.
That was the plan in the sixties till it got pushed aside. The SC is supposed to hold southern 3-Judge bench in Hyd. The Rastrapati is supposed to be in Hyd for three months in the Bhavan there. All that got cast aside! Why do you think all those DRDO labs came up in the sixties?
Ramanaji, you are scaring me now (that my wild imagination is indeed THE plan).

What happened in sixties? PRC or the demise of 1st Gen leadership across the nation?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

The die just got lost after Emergency and I dont know what happened. In Hyd there is a Bhavan on RP road. Rajendra Babu, Radhakrishnan, VV Giri etc used to stay there for 3 months a year and folks from South used to visit them as its long way to dilli.

SC never held the bench citing some arcane rule! 8)
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Ramana Sir,

Venkaya naidu is from Nellore district. His contested and won from Udayagiri as MLA later lost from Athmakuru again from Nellore district. He did his education from V R college and later from Andhra Univercity. He is a Kamma and many allege that he delibarately did not and will not try to develop BJP in the state because he wants another Kamma party namly TDP to be dominant.

In other states like Karnataka BJP floks worked on ground. In AP they are simply looking for the picking from here and there. Entire cadare of BJP in non Telangana areas are lost for many many years if not dacades. Thank god I am not there in AP otherwise I also would have to tell them that I will not work BJP in any elections now.
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

ramana wrote:The die just got lost after Emergency and I dont know what happened. In Hyd there is a Bhavan on RP road. Rajendra Babu, Radhakrishnan, VV Giri etc used to stay there for 3 months a year and folks from South used to visit them as its long way to dilli.

SC never held the bench citing some arcane rule! 8)
even now the president comes often to hyderabad for sojourns.

http://netindian.in/news/2010/12/31/000 ... -hyderabad

from 2006
http://www.hinduonnet.com/2006/01/10/st ... 410300.htm
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Immediately after 2009 general elections disappointment I posted that BJPs focus should be to Deliver clean, efficient and effective governance wherever they get elected irrespective of the local leadership. Given the [sic] secular nature of general public BJP should watch it's every word, posture and action as they do not have any more lifelines in the short term. They should trust no one in this game as when push comes to shove no one can sustain the combine onslaught of [sic] secular forces.

Unfortunately in T-issue they are running with hounds.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Did any one read the minister state for Home yesterday.

http://mangalorean.com/news.php?newstyp ... tid=227757

He said that there are lot of demands bla bla and almost ruled out Telangana in immediate future. According to him no request from state governaments have come. It is nothing more that drama of congress. If state governament in Ap has to send any proposal then it will never come. Appearently Delhi is ready to wash off its hand from the entire matter and allot AP to further go down for some more time.

Parliament is there for next 10 days or so. After that state elections will be there and no announcement will be there during that period because of backlash in the form of Gurkhaland etc. So some 2 to 3 months postphonement.

There seems to be bandh for the last 15 days in the Darjiling areas seeking Gurkhaland. Welcome to more such demands soon. Let it burn, let it burn so that we can all have Pizzas.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

From Ravi_Ku's second link:
HYDERABAD: The famous southern sojourn of the first citizen of the country at Rashtrapati Nilayam here may be revived from this summer with the President A. P. J. Abdul Kalam reportedly expressing his keenness.

Dr. Kalam is believed to have responded positively to the appeal made by Chief Minister Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy while accompanying him from Hyderabad International Convention Centre to Airport on Monday evening.

For several years now, Presidents had been skipping the annual tradition of staying at the palatial bungalow at Bolarum.

The Chief Minister impressed upon Dr. Kalam how Hyderabad was shaping up as a hub of intense economic activity and centre for IT, BT, film production and health tourism.

Unlike other cities, Hyderabad's infrastructure was far better. It would improve a lot further in the coming years with the completion of Outer Ring Road and the International Airport.

Dr. Kalam told the Chief Minister that Hyderabad had the potential to become a much larger city than Chennai. :)