The Cricket World Cup Thread

VikramS
BRFite

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by VikramS »

India vs SL in World Cup
http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine ... ew=results

India has done well in the past decade but for the West Indies debacle in the last WC.
shaardula
BRF Oldie

Post by shaardula »

they didnt throw their wickets, we took them. did you see dhoni jump when bhajji got akmal off a beauty? forget that, when have you ever seen dhoni jump like that? until then akmal was stepping out to yuvi etc. and bhajji got him off a beauty , drew him and opened him up like a bad suture on a bleeding cut.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OfNr8RtQLo
and then see this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztQieHYLTKo
we are talking razzaq here and sir was completely foxed. gulle nari came and bit him and he had no clue.
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

shaardula wrote:gulle nari came and bit him and he had no clue.
that is one way to put it. :rotfl:
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Nehra ruled out for final with finger injury.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

partha wrote:
SaiK wrote:I think the most disappointed team of all would be SA.
I have lost sympathy for SA. Once or twice it is ok, but now choking has been turned into a habit.
SA are predictable. they choke at crucial games. It is normal for them. Hence my sympathies :mrgreen:
My SA friend who keeps coming to see me when SA wins is not to be found since their exit. :rotfl:
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Just curious. I see these paki bozos offering prayers in the semi final. Did they put up this kind of tamasha in other matches too?
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

Ambar wrote:I'm tired of this "Misbah cost us the game" theory. By 21st over, the RR had crept above 6.0/over. They kept losing wickets at regular intervals and Misbah played the sheet-anchor role. What about Asad and Hafeez? They threw away their wickets when the pitch had eased and they were well set in. The match for Pakistan was lost in the first 15 overs, not the last.
Other than WKK types and losers like Shastri and Manjrekar talking thru the other orifice, Paks were out of the game when 260 was posted by India. The clue here is the way SRT and MSD batted when they were together, it looked even at that time that they were batting for only 250-270 as the ball was biting and talking.
The moment 10 overs were finished from the Indian side with out major damage like 100 runs for no loss, Pakis were out of the game.
An astute friend of mine who is an umpire said during the innings break that Paks will make 225. Betfair was offering 1.71 for India and 2.34 for Pak thruout most of the game. Betfair predicted most of the games correctly except for the famous chokers game.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Listen Clive Llyod. He has got the right saying for who would win the game.

http://videos.oneindia.in/watch/38031/c ... dhoni.html
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

I thought shastri wasnt a wkk? or was i wrong?
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

saip wrote:Just curious. I see these paki bozos offering prayers in the semi final. Did they put up this kind of tamasha in other matches too?
Allah hates Pakis. :((
Now what else is left... time to commit mass sooside. :(( :((
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Prasad wrote:I thought shastri wasnt a wkk? or was i wrong?
Shastri says some lame cliched things, but he ain't no WaiKiKi. As a comm, his job is to make the match interesting for viewers and add suspense. Bugger was just doing his job. If he makes a prediction that Pakis suck and will get out for 220, the tension of the match is killed. RJ comes from the SMG school of standing up to goras.
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

Most players who played between 1987-1998 are WKK's and dhimmis. These guys barely won and throw in the match fixing by the D company, Jadeja and Azhar, they had very little self belief. Indian behavior changed only after Ganguly-Wright took over.
Maram
BRFite

Post by Maram »

KJoishy wrote:
saip wrote:Just curious. I see these paki bozos offering prayers in the semi final. Did they put up this kind of tamasha in other matches too?
Allah hates Pakis. :((
Now what else is left... time to commit mass sooside. :(( :((
Some bums were exbloded onlee killing 32 pakistani police personnel in a suicide bombing during the match!Allah has nothing to do with this. It is Pakistanis that hate everything and everyone, the hatred mostly harms themselves!
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

KJoishy wrote:
Shastri says some lame cliched things, but he ain't no WaiKiKi. As a comm, his job is to make the match interesting for viewers and add suspense. Bugger was just doing his job. If he makes a prediction that Pakis suck and will get out for 220, the tension of the match is killed. RJ comes from the SMG school of standing up to goras.

I agree he tries to be neutral during the game and generally stands up to Goras, but when facing Pakis he displays a WKK or shared destiny mentality on and off the game. He may be a anti Paki at home, but his actions speak otherwise.
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

KJoishy wrote:
Indian dressing room turned into a strip club. Very good onlee. What does Thackeray saahab say to this? :D
"I will have to supervise the act personally" :rotfl:

Breakingly Breaking NEWS:
remember "Shyama Chidiya" gents! it is the New oracle in town had predicted correctly all quarter finals
and Semi final match: has predicted TI to be lifting the cup Saturday nite AoA.

Peech Report:
Although the curator is hisself a former batsman and he has been swearing hisself hoarse it is a sporting peech(what ever that means?), the fact remains the peech to be used has never been used before, onlee a local T20 matches played a WC finals Gawd last WC and you play on a spanking newly laid peech,
absolutely top notch efficiency i say.
Kukreja
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Kukreja »

krishnan wrote:Nehra ruled out for final with finger injury.
Before yesterdays game, i would have been indifferrent to this news. But after his performance yesterday, this feels like its horrible news. Although munnaf patel also played great in the semifinal, he still scares the crap out of me. I would rather play nehra and zaheer over nehra and munnaf

India will lose onlee :( :(( :((
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Anantha wrote:
Most players who played between 1987-1998 are WKK's and dhimmis. These guys barely won and throw in the match fixing by the D company, Jadeja and Azhar, they had very little self belief. Indian behavior changed only after Ganguly-Wright took over.
Mostly true. Kapil is the first one to change the attitudes and he is an odd man out. The real change started with the current seniors such as Ganguly, Tendulkar et al.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xro4VGmnWA
Guru ne mara tho chela bhi mara padega..
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

All you patriots, here is a treat from the great Mohd Rafi himself.
Wah wah! What songs they wrote back in the old days. My fav Shammi Kapoor's in it too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42lb5rAkTo4
Last edited by KJo on 01 Apr 2011 08:05, edited 2 times in total.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Anantha wrote: I agree he tries to be neutral during the game and generally stands up to Goras, but when facing Pakis he displays a WKK or shared destiny mentality on and off the game. He may be a anti Paki at home, but his actions speak otherwise.
Remember, when he is doing comms, he's at "work" and has to be at his best behavior...

Muppala, not SRT, it was mostly Ganguly. SRT is of the opinion that he will kick ass with the bat. Gangu gave it back both ways.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Here's another one for gawd bhakts.
:rotfl:

Now this Paki will be stoned for worshiping kafir gods? :((
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

About Malinga. Any allegation that he 'chucks' is incorrect. He does not, and can not use the bending arm in that action. His is a perfectly legal action.

Yes, his famous yorker is unplayable, unless you are a jedi 'who can see things before they happen'. Even someone, like SRT who had trained himself to block out all kinds of optical illusions, it is next to impossible to position the bat in the timeframe of milliseconds he gets to see the trajectory.

But, the good part is, the round arm action makes it difficult to control line and length at the same time, so he can make this unplayable type ball only occasionally.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Mahdi-e-anti-jinx Dilbullah I need your anti jinx mantras to be on afterburner. My boss who recently became a khan citizen and who says his founding fathers are Jefferson atleast once a day says India will lose. I am pretty sure he is not from our anti jinx tanzeem. I hope you can exhort all other faithfools to anti-jinx in AB mode. I want to go with my head held high on Monday
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

‘From India losing, our nose cutting the team has’
http://tribune.com.pk/story/140469/from ... -team-has/
"In the throes of cricket fever, Abdul Ghaffar Brohi aka Chacha Brohi, betted the one sacred symbol of masculinity that a man possesses – his mustache."
Gautam
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Sushupti wrote:[[/youtube]
Does Afridi have a Russian wife?.
Paki wife and Russian Husband.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

New pitch for final :eek:.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

From the link above on chacha
With a heavy heart Ali Mohammad Soomro, a dirt-poor washerman, handed over his prized possession, his goat, to a neighbour. He didn’t have any money to bet, so he put up the next best thing.
Bojitiv new thread is a real reflection of bakistan
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

BCCI should make the moves on PRC now and get them at least associate nation status in Kirket (along with the same to nepal as well).

Rest assured the CPC with its clinical precision will 'coach' its team to attain decent levels of performance very soon.

Then when Yindia and PRC play kirket, we can reliably claim a third of humanity's playing a sport - compares well with world cup fever in the league stages, mussay, eh?
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Did Poak loose the match to Indian or their Sau Virginity? Dhey are claiming Indians have looted their Izzat in full public view .
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

imo taity and even lee sometimes bend their arms(lee only sometimes). but malinga is consistent and straight arm. its just that ball release is from neck height. kinda like a 6 yr old kid bowling normally but very fast :) also his release point is very near the stumps so mostly it will be leaving the right hand batsman or swing in the air into the bat for fuller length delivery.

once u look at it as just a kid bowling from infront of the stumps, the mental model is not scary. they can practice with a bowling machine from that angle and fire full length yorkers.

in the past our top batsmen have dealt with him comfortably enough. its in hitting murali for heavy runs where we have felt some pain.
SandeepA
BRFite

Post by SandeepA »

Is the Wankhade pitch really new? 2 matches in this world cup have been played there already and one includes the SL v/s NZ league match.
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

Bhailog....take a look at this video @1:50
Is the umpire who almost got his head taken off Aleem Dar?

If yes then he definitely will have a grudge against Gawd in the finals... :cry:
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

suryag wrote:Mahdi-e-anti-jinx Dilbullah I need your anti jinx mantras to be on afterburner. My boss who recently became a khan citizen and who says his founding fathers are Jefferson atleast once a day says India will lose. I am pretty sure he is not from our anti jinx tanzeem. I hope you can exhort all other faithfools to anti-jinx in AB mode. I want to go with my head held high on Monday
Anti-jinx brigade will spill our last drop of blood in defence of India saar. Death before dishonour. :twisted:
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

anishns wrote:

If yes then he definitely will have a grudge against Gawd in the finals... :cry:
To give credit where it is due, Aleem Dar is a good umpire. And there is always UDRS.
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

anishns wrote:

Yes that is aleem dar. But he is a competent umpire. Besides I think we've gotten the hang of using DRS by now and will use it properly if need arises.

Man, that Caddick 6 at 2:40 still gives me goose bumps. Too much talk and come match time, get whacked over square leg for 6!!
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

Marten wrote:Singha saar, it is near impossible facing a bowler who releases the ball at that height and pace, esp. if the ball is curving into your toes. The real problem is that Malinga releases the ball right in front of umpire's face. Not easy at all to see the fingers on the ball at the point of delivery.

Which is why Malinga is unplayable for club-level batsmen. At the Int'l level, one expects players to cope better, but hitting him will not be easy on days where he gets the line right.
Martenmullah joo have got my dhoti shivering.....alright!
And I haven't seen any batsman take Malinga apart :roll:

I hope he has a bad day at office on Saturday....otherwise we are doomed!
Damn why doesnt he come down with some injury! I feel he will be the man top watch out for on Saturday :(( :(( :((
Chinmayanand
BRF Oldie

Post by Chinmayanand »

Mahdi , can you plant an IED here. SL fans are taking it for granted. :evil: :twisted:
Chinmayanand
BRF Oldie

Post by Chinmayanand »

bring it on we are the clear underdogs but we have sent these fudge packers crying back to their mommies before so we can do the same again .... all the best and best of luck boys do us proud!!
:evil: :twisted:

A paki on SL cricfora:
C'mon Sri Lanka! Avenge us
:rotfl:
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

saip wrote:Just curious. I see these paki bfozos offering prayers in the semi final. Did they put up this kind of tamasha in other matches too?
That show is not for us. It is for the very pious at sh1thole...else their houses and fmly woll be halaled