The Cricket World Cup Thread

abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Re: The Cricket World Cup Celebration Thread

Post by abhishek_sharma »

Neela wrote:Folks , I am looking for a quote from a Paki player where he said it was good to do Namaz from Indian soil before the semi-final.
Can someone post that link please. I cannot seem to find it.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/I-was-110 ... 80098.aspx
"The wickets of Sehwag and Yuvraj were most memorable for me as they are very dangerous players of pace and spin," Riaz said.

"To get a chance to bow down to Allah on Indian soil was a big moment for me," he added.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

was he afraid he would not be allowed to, or does he consider it to be a 'victory' for Islam ? :rotfl:

most pakis seem confused and puzzled as to WHY things like religion and chanting mashallah every 2nd sentence is NOT anything people obsess about here; why its perfectly ok to call oneself a hindu or muslim and never visit a place of worship to 'prove' ones piety to society; why there is no PRESSURE to prove oneself the purest and most faithful in the street. - and unable to understand it as part of the society here, they start thinking its some deep dark conspiracy and ascribing strange reasons for that.

at its root - its a inability to see that the world has moved on far far beyond the mental cage the pakis have locked themselves into.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Everything happened in the group matches was part of destiny. The destiny of meeting Pak and India in Semi. Giving chance to Indian player to stop pakistanis to reach Mumbai and stay away from Taj. Imagine had we won against England or SA then the two team could have climbed different paths till Final. Imagine Indians sharing Pakis in Taj!!!

God is with us.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

abhishek_sharma wrote:
Neela wrote:Folks , I am looking for a quote from a Paki player where he said it was good to do Namaz from Indian soil before the semi-final.
Can someone post that link please. I cannot seem to find it.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/I-was-110 ... 80098.aspx
Thanks Abhishek.
Am taking this over to TSP thread.
SandeepA
BRFite

Post by SandeepA »

Indians not as large hearted as Pakistanis: Afridi
"In my opinion, if I have to tell the truth, they (Indians) will never have hearts like Muslims and Pakistanis. I don't think they have the large and clean hearts that Allah has given us," Afridi said during a talk show on Samaa news channel when he was asked about relations between the two countries.
Afridi also criticised Interior Minister Rehman Malik for warning the Pakistani team not to get involved in match-fixing and Indian cricketer Gautam Gambhir, who vowed to dedicate victory in the World Cup final to victims of the 2008 Mumbai attacks.

"I think they were both very stupid comments by Rehman Malik and Gautam Gambhir...I wasn't expecting this from Gautam...This is all politics, what do you know about who carried out the Bombay attacks?" he said.

The Mumbai attacks, which left 166 people dead, were carried out by Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Taiba.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Anujan wrote:Shahzad Chaudhry's gem: http://dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?pa ... 2011_pg3_2
There are moments when even gods are at sea, and through every shred of their being seek an exemption from the agony of the moment — Tendulkar’s was a plight of such gods. He wanted out; someone, anyone please, remove him from under the yoke of a non-performing god.
Wahab, the tireless bowler; Hafeez, for his dedicated and selfless contributions; Umar Akmal and Asad Shafiq for being outstanding talents full of potential, class and fearlessness; Umar Gul, a champion save the last game; and, Rahman and Saeed Ajmal for baffling the best and unravelling the false gods. Hail to the real kings. :shock: :rotfl:
why this mother@@er has to talk about Sachin?? Pee on your loser team.

And then Afridi talking Indians are not as big hearted as Pakistani's!!
Last edited by abhijitm on 04 Apr 2011 13:27, edited 2 times in total.
Venkarl
BRFite

Post by Venkarl »

Seriously...... :evil: :evil: :evil: .....I curse pakistan that 1992 world cup will be one and only cup through out the existence(as long as it does) of paki nation...they've ever won.....
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Venkarl wrote:Seriously...... :evil: :evil: :evil: .....I curse pakistan that 1992 world cup will be one and only cup through out the existence(as long as it does) of paki nation...they've ever won.....
Jeez have you never heard of Jinx and Anti Jinx?
Venkarl
BRFite

Post by Venkarl »

no bro I'll not confuse myself....may the force make my shraap lethal and devastative for paki kirket....
Arya Sumantra
BRFite

Post by Arya Sumantra »

It is really sad and demoralising how Gautam Gambhir has been ignored by everyone from top guys, interviewers, media and lastly even commenters among the public. The man who really withstood the pressure of crumbling batting line-up giving in to the initial pressure with sehwag's wicket and then tendulkar's is Gambhir. At a crucial time he built up stability in partnership with Kohli and Dhoni and showed to both Kohli and Dhoni to have b@lls in face of pressure from SL. He was only short of a ton by 3 runs and yet he could have slowed down and be careful to complete his own ton but he didn't bother for his record rather played for the need of the hour.

Yet not a single photo of him on any website or focus on his statements. You either see Dhoni(justifiably but over), Sachin or Yuvi in media. I guess his play must have upset big betters in the establishment. A country that does not have meritocracy loses its talent. It's the meritocracy more than the moolah that retains and pulls the talent. So far we have excused ourselves blaming it all on lower salaries but soon will find out it is the illiterate chamchas or english flaunting suitdharis being paid more than result creaters that is the root cause of our problems. No smart man can stand a donkey rule over him.

If you are reading this, here is a salute to you Gambhir from an indian. If I owned a media website I would put your image of you kissing the trophy and your interview unlike the herd-mentality hero worshippers.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

in a sense aatankvadi_afridi has to make bigoted statements like that or risk a fatwa or wah-jeeb-ullu-quetzalcoatl in the islamic paradise of pakistan

idiot - do they not realise that 3 of the squad are muslim?! and very prominent indian muslims waved the flag and sang the songs shoulder to shoulder with their fellow countrymen and women?!?!

morons
Tamang
BRFite

Post by Tamang »

Bekaar Patel (Part II)
Sidhu is original, and perfect for Indians. He’s Wodehousian, spouting rubbish with an air of magnificence. A sort of Third World Psmith. This is why he’s so popular with us, because the equation is: Content < spectacle.
Between its spectators and commentators, Indians have ruined cricket for everybody. With the growth of our economy, this has gotten worse. Indian money has been poured into cricket, sloshing in its crevices, spilling out of its guts.

For Indian players this has meant more cash — vast sums from advertising. For Indian spectators it has meant more advertising. Advertisements between overs, advertisements between balls. Intrusive, invasive, relentless, shameless flogging. Strokes renamed by sponsors, sixes renamed after sponsors. Such vulgarity is not off-putting to Indians, which is why it continues and has increased in time.

This could never happen in Australia or England. These places are the refuge for fundamentalists who like cricket played, shown and seen in the orthodox fashion.
Koi iski aatma ko shaanti de.... :((
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by abhishek_sharma »

Arya Sumantra wrote:It is really sad and demoralising how Gautam Gambhir has been ignored by everyone from top guys, interviewers, media and lastly even commenters among the public. The man who really withstood the pressure of crumbling batting line-up giving in to the initial pressure with sehwag's wicket and then tendulkar's is Gambhir. At a crucial time he built up stability in partnership with Kohli and Dhoni and showed to both Kohli and Dhoni to have b@lls in face of pressure from SL. He was only short of a ton by 3 runs and yet he could have slowed down and be careful to complete his own ton but he didn't bother for his record rather played for the need of the hour.

Yet not a single photo of him on any website or focus on his statements. You either see Dhoni(justifiably but over), Sachin or Yuvi in media. I guess his play must have upset big betters in the establishment. A country that does not have meritocracy loses its talent. It's the meritocracy more than the moolah that retains and pulls the talent. So far we have excused ourselves blaming it all on lower salaries but soon will find out it is the illiterate chamchas or english flaunting suitdharis being paid more than result creaters that is the root cause of our problems. No smart man can stand a donkey rule over him.

If you are reading this, here is a salute to you Gambhir from an indian. If I owned a media website I would put your image of you kissing the trophy and your interview unlike the herd-mentality hero worshippers.
You don't need to own a media website to read Gambhir's interview:

http://epaper.hindustantimes.com/PUBLIC ... 18_002.jpg

http://epaper.thehindu.com/index.php?rt ... 03A_001101
amit
BRF Oldie

Post by amit »

Tamang wrote:Bekaar Patel (Part II)
Sidhu is original, and perfect for Indians. He’s Wodehousian, spouting rubbish with an air of magnificence. A sort of Third World Psmith. This is why he’s so popular with us, because the equation is: Content < spectacle.
Between its spectators and commentators, Indians have ruined cricket for everybody. With the growth of our economy, this has gotten worse. Indian money has been poured into cricket, sloshing in its crevices, spilling out of its guts.

For Indian players this has meant more cash — vast sums from advertising. For Indian spectators it has meant more advertising. Advertisements between overs, advertisements between balls. Intrusive, invasive, relentless, shameless flogging. Strokes renamed by sponsors, sixes renamed after sponsors. Such vulgarity is not off-putting to Indians, which is why it continues and has increased in time.

This could never happen in Australia or England. These places are the refuge for fundamentalists who like cricket played, shown and seen in the orthodox fashion.

Maybe he should be given a one-way ticket to White Pakee land? He can sit besides the Beer drinking white Pakis and do his clap-clap-clap every time a Aussie wicket falls.
Arya Sumantra
BRFite

Post by Arya Sumantra »

abhishek_sharma wrote: You don't need to own a media website to read Gambhir's interview:

http://epaper.hindustantimes.com/PUBLIC ... 18_002.jpg
Relieved to see that. Whatever websites I usually frequent have only Dhoni or Sachin.
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

From a friend's FB album, Rajasthan..Paklurks enjoy -

An unrelated incident...I was roaming in the Saket Market after the victory and along with 'Vande Mataram', 'Bharat Mata ki Jai' and 'Indiaahhh..Indiaahhh', the most common slogan on the lips of hundreds of people was 'Hindustan ghode pe, Pakistan **** pe' :lol: ..One WKK wannabe cool dude, walked across to one such group and said 'Bhai, final to Lanka ke sath tha..Pakistan ki kyun maar rahe ho yar?'..The reply came 'Final kisi se bhi ho..**** pe to Pakistan hi baithega'.. :rotfl: Apparently, this slogan was a hot favourite at India Gate and every other place at Delhi. Much heartburn to Dilli WKKs.. :((
Last edited by Chandragupta on 04 Apr 2011 15:41, edited 1 time in total.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

amit wrote:quote="Tamang"]Bekaar Patel (Part II)
Sidhu is original, and perfect for Indians. He’s Wodehousian, spouting rubbish with an air of magnificence. A sort of Third World Psmith. This is why he’s so popular with us, because the equation is: Content < spectacle./quote]

quote]Between its spectators and commentators, Indians have ruined cricket for everybody. With the growth of our economy, this has gotten worse. Indian money has been poured into cricket, sloshing in its crevices, spilling out of its guts.

This could never happen in Australia or England. These places are the refuge for fundamentalists who like cricket played, shown and seen in the orthodox fashion./quote]

Maybe he should be given a one-way ticket to White Pakee land? He can sit besides the Beer drinking white Pakis and do his clap-clap-clap every time a Aussie wicket falls.
As also be at the receiving end of White Pacqui racists petting him against an electrical line, that would be fun.[*]
asgkhan
BRFite

Post by asgkhan »

Tamang wrote:Bekaar Patel (Part II)

A prime example of what happens when birth control fails.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Okay before I formally close anti-jinx for a while: Pakistan will win 100 more worldcups onlee. :(( :(( :((
:twisted:
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

telegraph uk article on India's win
But if Sangakkara had felt he had called correctly first time, his ready agreement to do it again was curious. Most captains calling correctly in a World Cup final would plainly refuse to toss again.
A very good point indeed.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Did anyone notice national flag on Dhoni's helmet? Has it been before or this was the first time?

I think SRT was first to wear then followed by Sehwag, Gambhir etc.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

why are the goras raising the toss issue again and again?

methinks its their usual divide and rule policy to drive a wedge between IND and SL.

about the pakis, few days later when IPL 2011 starts, all this will be replaced with plaintive whining about how inspite of their good performance in WC, the hindus are keeping them out of the party.
amit
BRF Oldie

Post by amit »

Regarding the toss controversy, Peter Roebuck puts in across with minimum diplomacy.
Even the toss was a strange affair because both captains seemed to think they had won it, and neither commentator nor match referee was able to offer any illumination. Beforehand Jeff Crowe had asked the visiting captain to call loudly, owing to the cacophony in the stadium. If his call was correct, it was magnanimous of Kumar Sangakkara to so readily agree to a second toss. Convinced he had won and delighted to be batting, Dhoni looked displeased by the reversal. Afterwards his counterpart apologised for mumbling. It was an unsatisfactory episode.
He says the same thing as the Telegraph article.
Last edited by amit on 04 Apr 2011 16:24, edited 1 time in total.
ajit_tr
BRFite

Post by ajit_tr »

Arya Sumantra wrote:It is really sad and demoralising how Gautam Gambhir has been ignored by everyone from top guys, interviewers, media and lastly even commenters among the public.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcmQazlAdzo
bksahu
BRFite -Trainee

Post by bksahu »

Chandragupta wrote:From a friend's FB album, Rajasthan..Paklurks enjoy -

An unrelated incident...I was roaming in the Saket Market after the victory and along with 'Vande Mataram', 'Bharat Mata ki Jai' and 'Indiaahhh..Indiaahhh', the most common slogan on the lips of hundreds of people was 'Hindustan ghode pe, Pakistan **** pe' :lol: ..One WKK wannabe cool dude, walked across to one such group and said 'Bhai, final to Lanka ke sath tha..Pakistan ki kyun maar rahe ho yar?'..The reply came 'Final kisi se bhi ho..**** pe to Pakistan hi baithega'.. :rotfl: Apparently, this slogan was a hot favourite at India Gate and every other place at Delhi. Much heartburn to Dilli WKKs.. :((
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I dont know what to say!!!!
:rotfl: :rotfl:
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

I loved the fact that Zaheer is sharing the top wicket taker spot with ball biter. Very proud of him. Yo paklurks, take that.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Venkarl wrote:Seriously...... :evil: :evil: :evil: .....I curse pakistan that 1992 world cup will be one and only cup through out the existence(as long as it does) of paki nation...they've ever won.....
There was one of the worst worst rain abridged match rules in that WC. The best playing team will lose the match due to such rules. The reason for several good teams including India's exit is because of that crappy rule. Pakis were just lucky but nothing else.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Chandragupta wrote: An unrelated incident...I was roaming in the Saket Market after the victory and along with 'Vande Mataram', 'Bharat Mata ki Jai' and 'Indiaahhh..Indiaahhh', the most common slogan on the lips of hundreds of people was 'Hindustan ghode pe, Pakistan **** pe' :lol: ..One WKK wannabe cool dude, walked across to one such group and said 'Bhai, final to Lanka ke sath tha..Pakistan ki kyun maar rahe ho yar?'..The reply came 'Final kisi se bhi ho..**** pe to Pakistan hi baithega'.. :rotfl: Apparently, this slogan was a hot favourite at India Gate and every other place at Delhi. Much heartburn to Dilli WKKs.. :((
The biggest losers this time as WKKs and Aman-ki-asha types. The youngistan has given is jingoistic and BRF type dispay at a grand all-India level. As I said earlier, the illusionary raproachment with the Pakis is over. The jingoism is beyond control. MMS has to take a chill pill.
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

An unrelated incident...I was roaming in the Saket Market after the victory and along with 'Vande Mataram', 'Bharat Mata ki Jai' and 'Indiaahhh..Indiaahhh', the most common slogan on the lips of hundreds of people was 'Hindustan ghode pe, Pakistan **** pe' :lol: ..One WKK wannabe cool dude, walked across to one such group and said 'Bhai, final to Lanka ke sath tha..Pakistan ki kyun maar rahe ho yar?'..The reply came 'Final kisi se bhi ho..**** pe to Pakistan hi baithega'.. :rotfl: Apparently, this slogan was a hot favourite at India Gate and every other place at Delhi. Much heartburn to Dilli WKKs.. :(([/quote]

'Final kisi se bhi ho..**** pe to Pakistan hi baithega' :rotfl: :rotfl:
Made my morning Thanks
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

WC finals were fixed onlee :(( :(( :(( .. says baba trikaal gyaani

if I am not mistaken, this is the comedian jodi which used to appear in great Indian laughter challenge, no? is this how they repay the money and gratitude they earned here?
Chinmayanand
BRF Oldie

Post by Chinmayanand »

The final was fixed because IPL had bought players from Sri Lanka. Malinga was bought by Mumbai Indians whose captain was Sachin. Sachin got out to Malinga in final. Hence, final was fixed.
Lahori logic ??? :oops: Mahela played for Kings XI Punjab and he scored a century and so the final was fixed . :P
Muralitharan played for Chennai and he did not deserve to play in the final. So, the final was fixed.

These bahanch*d pakistanis bring such lahori logic and humour. :lol: :rotfl:
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

dilbullah! I thought we never apply anti-jinx theory for pakis.

Against pakis it would be always a win!
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

SaiK wrote:dilbullah! I thought we never apply anti-jinx theory for pakis.

Against pakis it would be always a win!
It has worked like a charm in the past weeks so I thought why not use it for a better cause. it is worth a try. :D
Anantha
BRFite

Re: The Cricket World Cup Thread

Post by Anantha »

Looks like a new thread has started and this one may be locked. Before that

I would like to thank MSD and his group from keeping the terrorists out of my beloved Mumbai.
We are indebted to you.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Thanks MS Dhoni and Team India for a wonderful win!
VikramS
BRFite

Post by VikramS »

Thank you TI for the wonderful memories. MBM
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

SaiK wrote:Against pakis it would be always a win!
I would forget "jinx and non-jinx" strategies. Lets focus on the obvious. Allah loves and favors Indian Muslims more than the pakis. I would push this line of thought to counter any paki bluster. The events of the past 60 plus years (including all the wars fought with the purelanders, relative economic performances, demographic shifts, etc.) only underscore this theory. This is one fact the pakis can not digest and thus resort to driving a wedge between different people in India. That's why when they refer to Indians in all their discussions, they call them "Hindus" or "Hindustanis", conveniently ignoring a vibrant Muslim population that is atleast the same size as theirs, if not larger.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

i am sure that they have also been taught that hindus drove all muslims out to india and that just like in pakistan there are no communities of the 'other sort'
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

this thread will stay open for the time being till the posts and articles dry up.