Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Military

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Re: Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Military

Post by Gagan »

Surya wrote:Was not aware of this memorial in Jammu

http://www.rediff.com/news/slide-show/s ... 110329.htm

If any BRite goes there we need better pictures
isn't this the one between Usmaan Club and the National Highway? It is actually next to the cricket ground.

They had just started to build it when I was in Jammu, that entire plot of land was lying waste for ages. Good that they built this memorial there.
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Hiten
BRFite

Post by Hiten »

jamwal wrote:http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/LAND-FORC ... 2/0641.jpg

Is that Col Ajay Shukla ?
Brigadier YK Joshi. Was a Lt. Col during Kargil & Capt. Vikram Batra's CO
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

^^
Thanks
Gagan wrote:
Surya wrote:Was not aware of this memorial in Jammu

http://www.rediff.com/news/slide-show/s ... 110329.htm

If any BRite goes there we need better pictures
isn't this the one between Usmaan Club and the National Highway? It is actually next to the cricket ground.

They had just started to build it when I was in Jammu, that entire plot of land was lying waste for ages. Good that they built this memorial there.

Don't know about Usmaan Club. Only stadiums nearby are those of Jammu University and one hockey stadium of Police lines.
This memorial is near the 2nd, newly constructed bridge over Tawi adjacent to Bahu Fort.
Here is it on Google Map. I'll try getting a few pictures next time I visit Jammu. The land belongs to Army or BSF I think. There are some transit camps nearby.
Anshul
BRFite

Post by Anshul »

Most innovative way of Assaulting Built Up areas
Yup...thats how you hunt for toads in old wells.Essential lesson in jungle survival skills :rotfl: :rotfl:
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

^^
The guy is a joker. I first made the mistake of posting his picture thinking him to be from PARA SF. He wears IA insignia, maroon beret, balidan badge and has "MARINE COMMANDOS" written over his beret. But he has never served with IA.
From time to time, even various forces (include IA) hire Martial Arts experts to brush up their training. Now, if this joker convinces CRPF guys to be around him while he poses in ridiculous positions...as I said, he is a joker and this was discussed a few pages back.

Seriously, people like them make me sick. Its all right to get some publicity and make some money but one has to draw a limit at wearing a Balidan Badge. Not to mention some clearly photoshoped images in this blog.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Found this portrait of a Third Indian Cavalry officer in a used book sale in Connecticut several decades ago. Its in mint condition. Apparently, according to Wiki, the 3rd Indian Cavalry Brigade was a cavalry formation of the Indian Army during World War II. It was formed in Meerut in September 1939, and converted to the 2nd Indian Armoured Brigade in February 1940. The uniform does not jive with the dates. Any insight?

If BR wants to save this in its archive, please feel free.

biswas
BRFite

Post by biswas »

Gaur wrote:^^
The guy is a joker. I first made the mistake of posting his picture thinking him to be from PARA SF. He wears IA insignia, maroon beret, balidan badge and has "MARINE COMMANDOS" written over his beret. But he has never served with IA.
From time to time, even various forces (include IA) hire Martial Arts experts to brush up their training. Now, if this joker convinces CRPF guys to be around him while he poses in ridiculous positions...as I said, he is a joker and this was discussed a few pages back.

Seriously, people like them make me sick. Its all right to get some publicity and make some money but one has to draw a limit at wearing a Balidan Badge. Not to mention some clearly photoshoped images in this blog.
Still looks awesome and is some great photo ops :)
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

^^^Are you kidding me - look at the 2nd photo where he has his leg sticking out and aiming his pistool :rotfl: :rotfl: He needs to act as the hero in the sequel Jhingur Pehelwan Returns.
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

Raja Bose wrote:^^^Are you kidding me - look at the 2nd photo where he has his leg sticking out and aiming his pistool :rotfl: :rotfl: He needs to act as the hero in the sequel Jhingur Pehelwan Returns.
:rotfl: :rotfl: Sir jee too much
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

biswas wrote:
Still looks awesome and is some great photo ops :)
I have to go with Raja Bose on this one. His attempt at macho poses are ridiculous at best. And believe me when I say that this is not even the worst photo. Some photoshoped pics in his blogs are to embarrassing to even post here.

But that is not where lies my exception. I may sound like an overly uptight person, but I find it highly low of the man to wear the Balidan Badge and Maroon Beret. As the name aptly suggests, the sacrifices that the soldiers go through to earn this honour is mind boggling to put it very mildly. Their grit, determination, selflessness and will power defies belief. And this guy just sees fit to wear it because he is asked to impart some hand to hand combat training to CMPs.

Unfortunately, it has been told to me that as long as the person is not wearing the Ashoka Chakra, it is not taken as a serious matter.
Last edited by Gaur on 11 Apr 2011 16:35, edited 1 time in total.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

If he never served with SF (or even the regular Army) can't he be prosecuted for wearing the Balidan badge?
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

nachiket wrote:If he never served with SF (or even the regular Army) can't he be prosecuted for wearing the Balidan badge?
I have little knowledge of Legal matters to comment. However, I talked to a serving Officer about this hoping he would be interested to know that this "Commando Instructor" who wears IA coat of arms along with SF insignia . To my surprise, the Officer hardly cared and joked that maybe the person loved fancy dress parties too much as a kid! And that no one can really stop him if he felt inclined to continue this hobby as an adult!

His opinion was that as long as a person is not wearing the Ashoka Chakra, it does not matter. :evil:
Now, I don't know if he exactly meant by that remark. Is it that it wont "legally matter" or that it would not matter to "IA"? I have no idea.
Naidu
BRFite

Post by Naidu »

anupmisra wrote:Found this portrait of a Third Indian Cavalry officer in a used book sale in Connecticut several decades ago. Its in mint condition. Apparently, according to Wiki, the 3rd Indian Cavalry Brigade was a cavalry formation of the Indian Army during World War II. It was formed in Meerut in September 1939, and converted to the 2nd Indian Armoured Brigade in February 1940. The uniform does not jive with the dates. Any insight?

If BR wants to save this in its archive, please feel free.
Anup: I guess the formation of interest here is the Third Indian Cavalry Regiment, not Brigade. In the IA, regiments and battalions are the only permanent formations, combinations of which form brigades and higher-level formations.

Here's what Wikipedia has to say about the 3rd Cavalry. Not sure how accurate it is, but a formation date of 1922/1923 seems to better match the uniform in your portrait. In fact, the originating units are even older dating as far back as 1841.
ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ArmenT »

Marut wrote:He reminds me of the husband-wife team that claims to be training our SF in the deadliest of the martial arts.
Are you guys talking about Dr. Deepak Rao and Dr. Seema Rao perchance?
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

anupmisra wrote:Found this portrait of a Third Indian Cavalry officer in a used book sale in Connecticut several decades ago. Its in mint condition. Apparently, according to Wiki, the 3rd Indian Cavalry Brigade was a cavalry formation of the Indian Army during World War II. It was formed in Meerut in September 1939, and converted to the 2nd Indian Armoured Brigade in February 1940. The uniform does not jive with the dates. Any insight? If BR wants to save this in its archive, please feel free.
Naidu wrote:Anup: I guess the formation of interest here is the Third Indian Cavalry Regiment, not Brigade. In the IA, regiments and battalions are the only permanent formations, combinations of which form brigades and higher-level formations.

Here's what Wikipedia has to say about the 3rd Cavalry. Not sure how accurate it is, but a formation date of 1922/1923 seems to better match the uniform in your portrait. In fact, the originating units are even older dating as far back as 1841.
Makes sense, Naidu. Thanks.
Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »

Gaur wrote:
nachiket wrote:If he never served with SF (or even the regular Army) can't he be prosecuted for wearing the Balidan badge?
I have little knowledge of Legal matters to comment. However, I talked to a serving Officer about this hoping he would be interested to know that this "Commando Instructor" who wears IA coat of arms along with SF insignia . To my surprise, the Officer hardly cared and joked that maybe the person loved fancy dress parties too much as a kid! And that no one can really stop him if he felt inclined to continue this hobby as an adult!

His opinion was that as long as a person is not wearing the Ashoka Chakra, it does not matter. :evil:
Now, I don't know if he exactly meant by that remark. Is it that it wont "legally matter" or that it would not matter to "IA"? I have no idea.
He is not going to loose anything, but it's these poor para-military soldiers who are trained by this imposter.

They will go into the battle thinking they have the best training in the world but may end up loosing their lives. God knows what he is teaching them.

Since when forces started to hire consultants, specially such film star fitness instructors.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

The Shifuji chap needs to hire a professional PR guy .. this is hilarious
• Worlds best Commando trainer according to the 2008-09-10 google search. ( you can search on google by the Same title)
Other blogs http://fusionkungfu.blogspot.com/ and http://missionprahar.blogspot.com/

Some really strangebits of text on these blogs -maybe his way of "google Bombing"?

though to give credit - he seems to be good at his martial arts and fitness stuff...
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

^^What is he doing peddling this BS. If he is half as good as his pics doing splits and kicks he needs to be in the Indian Olympics gymnastics team. :mrgreen:

I forwarded the shifuji links to one of my old college buddies and kampootar games provider who is a actual Shaolin monk (there is a whole bunch of 'em like him who come to India for pee-chaddi in Buddhist studies and live near the unofficial SFF retirement colony). He has been going WTF ever since. Fusion Kung fu indeed! :rotfl:
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

Anshul wrote: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_o45Kjz2k-Jc/T ... ide094.jpg
Yup...thats how you hunt for toads in old wells.Essential lesson in jungle survival skills :rotfl: :rotfl:
C grade hindi bichchar tacticool poster FTW onlee!!!
anand_sankar
BRFite

Post by anand_sankar »

This Shifuji is great inspiration for a comic strip. He is totally LOL ROTFL!

Wish I could draw!
Khalsa
BRFite

Post by Khalsa »

Okay so in a nutshell ... who is he ? I found his blogs and profiles confusing

Is he army, navy or air-force or BSF or Police force ?
Still serving or retired
and most important of all why is he handling so many weapons and men (in case you tell me he is a civilian) ?
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

Here is a video of this 'worlds best commando trainer' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5D5LmnGgJc :rotfl:
He even has several fake youtube accounts with names like CommandoSingh who have commented on each & everyone of his videos..This guy seriously looks retarded to me, wonder what hes doing with our AF :rotfl:
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

ArmenT wrote:Deepak Rao
Sorry for being OT.

Guys what's the dope on these guys? They seem to be charlatans. I have attended one training course by them (company sent me). Anyone has any more info?
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

Sid wrote:
He is not going to loose anything, but it's these poor para-military soldiers who are trained by this imposter.

They will go into the battle thinking they have the best training in the world but may end up loosing their lives. God knows what he is teaching them.

Since when forces started to hire consultants, specially such film star fitness instructors.
Forces do hire consultants when they need specialization in fields outside their core expertise. Martial Arts is that field.
Eg: IA specializes in weapon handling, fitness, stamina training, weapon handling, assault tactics etc...it needs no consultancy in these areas nor can any civilian get the opportunity to learn these skills well enough to train the forces. However, Martial arts in not the core expertise of any Army. Army needs only a limited training in this area. One reason for this is the amount of weight they carry. With 20-30 kgs, a flying kick would pose some problems, wont it? :wink: Plus, as unromantic as it may sound, Martial Arts is not of highest priority to Men in uniform. It is critical to learn this skill to a certain level, but beyond that it is of limited value.

On the contrary, any civilian can learn and practise Martial Arts. And when some of them dedicate their whole life to Martial Arts since his childhood, they are bound to be better than those in uniform (who have to concentrate on many other things).

This is why even PARA SF had invited Martial Arts consultants.
So, as long as this joker is being restricted to training CRPF in hand to hand combat, it is well and good.
Khalsa wrote:Okay so in a nutshell ... who is he ? I found his blogs and profiles confusing

Is he army, navy or air-force or BSF or Police force ?
Still serving or retired
and most important of all why is he handling so many weapons and men (in case you tell me he is a civilian) ?
According to rkhanna, this joker is indeed a genuine Martial Arts expert. But he is certainly not from IA. No IA man would wear the wrong size & colour Balidan Badge and that too on the wrong side. Plus he has MARCOS written over his Maroon Beret, so how many forces has he served with?
But, as I have written above, it is not totally unexpected that he would be hired to train a newly formed "Commando Force" of CRPF or any other Paramilitary force. Though I have no details regarding the nature of the training for which he was hired, I see his training solely for hand to hand combat. I really cannot see why he would be hired to give weapons training.
Now regarding the photos. It is very different to get the full story from a single frame. If this joker convinces the jawans to stand around him, while he borrows a gun and poses ridiculously, it would get him a good publicity shot. That would send out a totally wrong impression, but it would be an impression which would suit him. Also, it seems evident from his blog that where he could not convince the jawans, he has not hesitated to use Photoshop.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Its possible that the chap worked with Para SF/marcos on some demonstration/training assignments, and hence is wearing those marks as momentos.

Further, he has deliberately changed the insignia as to not run afoul of the law. I mean if I have a Balidaan "looking" picture on my clothes, who can claim I am masquerading as a service man (which BTW is a serious charge).

Nopes, for all his showbaazi; I think he knows what he is doing when he distorts the badges, whether we find it appropriate or not.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Hilarious... Especially the pic in the well, in kicking pose ... I suppose his goal is that if the bullets miss, the kick will certainly get the enemy - badass, no doubt :D :D :D
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

If you guys think that is funny, you will roll around on the floor laughing when you look at these. Since I don't think that this shameless creature deserves this thread, I am posting in the humour section.
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 6#p1068026

Sanku,
That is the beauty of this guy. He never says that he from IA, leave alone from SF. He just implies and that is enough.
Khalsa
BRFite

Post by Khalsa »

Gaur wrote: That is the beauty of this guy. He never says that he from IA, leave alone from SF. He just implies and that is enough.
Point Nailed....... thank you Gaur
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

As for the balidan badge, unless, you can read balidaan written on that badge, it could well be the SAS Badge with "Who Dares Wins" written on the tab.......there would not be anything illegal about it.
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

rohitvats wrote:As for the balidan badge, unless, you can read balidaan written on that badge, it could well be the SAS Badge with "Who Dares Wins" written on the tab.......there would not be anything illegal about it.
Yes, the guy is crafty and not as stupid as one would believe. As I said before, he never claims but implies.
Take the following pic for instance.
He is wearing the IA insignia with "INDIAN ARMY" written all over. However, he is clever enough not to include the National Emblem between the coat of arms. So, "technically speaking", no harm done.
cbelwal

Post by cbelwal »

Counldn't help not pointing out that the beret says "MARINE COMMNDOS" with a missing 'A'. Looks like a cheap imitation beret.
Gaur wrote: The guy is a joker. I first made the mistake of posting his picture thinking him to be from PARA SF. He wears IA insignia, maroon beret, balidan badge and has "MARINE COMMANDOS" written over his beret. But he has never served with IA.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

guys please take discussion on this joker to the humour thread. it gives the wrong ideas to anyone who comes to this thread.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Excuse me folks - please pardon me for my contrarian comments. I am like that onlee.

This guy "Shifuji" Deepak Dubey, "Comndo" trainer or whatever seems to have some knowledge that he is able impart. That is combined with some marketing skills. He is seen with dozens if not hundreds of people in those videos - which is something that cannot happen overnight. For example I cannot go to a jungle, announce that I am surgeon par excellence, put up 100 videos and then get people to come to me.

I personally find some of the comments snooty and like RAPE referring to SDRE. There is an assumption that the guy is a fraud. He may not be a fraud. Clearly a lot of people have found some benefit from his gyan. Some of the stuff he says is pretty sensible, for example - this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EHOTBYl7x8

By dismissing him as a laughable fraud I think we are being Macaulay of Macaulays. Just my views.

a) He is a man with skills selling his skill and has buyers who cannot all be stupid.
or, alternatively,
b) Our nation is so full of stupids that even this man's idiocy is lapped up. Like idol producing milk

I choose "a"
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

shiv saar, IMO in this case it is (b) almost certainly. Remember we are also a nation where a Ramar Pillai fools IIT professors.
Khalsa
BRFite

Post by Khalsa »

Ha Ha ha guess who I found on the deck of Baku aka Gorshkov aka Vik
Note I said Baku. I can't believe its him. Unless I am seeing things.

https://picasaweb.google.com/R.Igor.W/T ... 0537919842

Hint: He may have been present at the Mig-29 Baz induction ceremony
Neeraj Bagga
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Neeraj Bagga »

Last edited by Rahul M on 12 Apr 2011 23:09, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: OT deleted. how difficult is it to read the thread title ?
bhavani
BRFite

Post by bhavani »

Last edited by Rahul M on 12 Apr 2011 23:09, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: OT deleted.
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

shiv wrote:Excuse me folks - please pardon me for my contrarian comments. I am like that onlee.

This guy "Shifuji" Deepak Dubey, "Comndo" trainer or whatever seems to have some knowledge that he is able impart. That is combined with some marketing skills. He is seen with dozens if not hundreds of people in those videos - which is something that cannot happen overnight. For example I cannot go to a jungle, announce that I am surgeon par excellence, put up 100 videos and then get people to come to me.

I personally find some of the comments snooty and like RAPE referring to SDRE. There is an assumption that the guy is a fraud. He may not be a fraud. Clearly a lot of people have found some benefit from his gyan. Some of the stuff he says is pretty sensible, for example - this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EHOTBYl7x8

By dismissing him as a laughable fraud I think we are being Macaulay of Macaulays. Just my views.

a) He is a man with skills selling his skill and has buyers who cannot all be stupid.
or, alternatively,
b) Our nation is so full of stupids that even this man's idiocy is lapped up. Like idol producing milk

I choose "a"
Since the mods have commanded to discuss this topic in the Humor thread (an apt move IMHO), my reply is posted here.
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 4#p1068864
Indrajit
BRFite

Post by Indrajit »

In Shaolin Kung-fu order the word "Shifu" means master or Guru,so our Shifu Pandeyji just trying to imply that he has actually attended Shaolin.