The Jan Lokpal Bill, Anna Hazare, and Baba Ramdev

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Re: Anna Hazare and Lokpal Bill

Post by SaiK »

Sure, there is no "only one" in this.. Every ways we must attack keep zero tolerance on corruption as mission statement. Every where, every process, every procedure, every practice, .. And systemic corrections also plays big part.

No body gets 100% power on anything for public. It must have levels of checks and balances, structured with least interference by the way of process and administration itself. Self correcting process should be a good start.
ShauryaT
BRF Oldie

Post by ShauryaT »

RamaY wrote: While I am for a corruption-free india, I disagree that it has to start from bottom. It is impossible. The cleaning has to start from top and will spread fast if done that way.
I will go one step further and say that the powers that be know what to do get this process moving. However, it requires tremendous courage, perseverance and power to do so. A combination that we have yet to see in Indian polity.

What the Anna Hazare led campaign shows is, there remains a strong under current and desire for serious change. Anna tapped just the tip of the iceberg. The question to ask is why is it that politicians have not been able to tap this anger?
Last edited by ShauryaT on 10 Apr 2011 17:04, edited 1 time in total.
ShauryaT
BRF Oldie

Post by ShauryaT »

Did he say something that our constitution or laws do not allow us to say? Have they checked what the President of the constituent assembly thought about future generations throwing his constitution away?
Actor Anupam Kher is facing a privilege motion in the Maharashtra Assembly for allegedly making derogatory remarks against the Constitution even as the actor denied making any such comments.

NCP MLA Jitendra Avhad had raised the issue in the Assembly on Friday, pointing out that Kher had said the Constitution should be thrown away. The actor reportedly made the controversial remarks while supporting Anna Hazare’s agitation. On Saturday, Avhad told the Assembly that Kher is believed to have said he was firm in his opinion, irrespective of what the Assembly thought. This enraged MLAs across party lines, who demanded immediate action against the actor’s ‘arrogance’.

Meanwhile, his house was attacked Saturday night by alleged RPI activists protesting against his remarks. The actor was not at home when it was stoned. — With PTI
Vipin_Upadhyay
BRFite

Post by Vipin_Upadhyay »

Files go missing when palms aren't greased: Infy director

BANGALORE: No one seems to enjoy immunity from the curse of corruption. On Saturday, director (HR), Infosys Technologies, T V Mohandas Pai made candid admission on how the country's top IT firm had to make its way through corrupt officials, when it came to getting land approval for setting up its offices. Pai was speaking in the backdrop of the mass movement led by social activist Anna Hazare, which garnered unprecedented support from citizens across the country.

"Corruption in government departments is largely among officials in the lower cadre. These officials are more powerful than IAS officers for the simple reason that it's they who handle and maintain all documents related to your work," Pai said.

He recalled instances where Infosys had problems procuring building plan from a civic agency in north India while establishing the campus there.

"We were asked to pay bribe. We refused. But in all places, wherever Infosys is functioning today, we have been supported by the chief secretaries. In north India :roll: too, we got the approval without paying a single rupee bribe. This because we brought the issue to the notice of higher officials. Left with no choice, the clerks finally gave in. Files go missing when palms are not greased."

The campaign against corruption reminded Pai of emergency days when he used to protest as a student.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

My question: What govt will do if Gilani does same and does bhukhhartal to get Indian troops out of OUR Kashmir. Will they give up? or they are knowingly setting precedent?
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

Baba Ramdev seem to be causing too much takleef to Congressi chamchas & sickulars on Twitter. They seem to be really afraid of something.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

Drafting of Lokpal Bill to be videographed: Anna Hazare

NEW DELHI: A day after he ended his fast demanding a stronger anti-graft Lokpal Bill, social activist Anna Hazare has said that the process of formulating the act will be videographed and made public to ensure complete transparency.

"The committee will start its work on the draft from April 16, the procedures will be videographed and made public. The procedure will be totally transparent, from formulation to the time after it is passed and selection of Lokpal," Hazare told reporters here on Sunday.

"If people find out any shortcoming they can point it out," he said.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 933905.cms
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

ShauryaT wrote: What the Anna Hazare led campaign shows is, there remains a strong under current and desire for serious change. Anna tapped just the tip of the iceberg. The question to ask is why is it that politicians have not been able to tap this anger?
With all due respect to AH, I disagree. What he did was to ride the under current of public opinion. Where is he for the past one year when the opposition is fighting for JPC?

I lost all respect for AH after this episode. He willingly became a tool in the hands of 2G scammers. When BR raised the issue of having both father and son (Bhushans) on the committee AH supported the decision as they are knowledgeable; and Jr. Bhushan says they were on the committee due to their legal skills.

SS and the Pioneer journalist, who has been fighting the 2G scammers for all these days without any help, are not even in the short list.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

27. Protection- (1) No suit, prosecution, or other legal proceedings shall lie against the Chairperson or members or against any officer, employee, agency or person referred to in Section 14(4) in respect of anything which is in good faith done while acting or purporting to act in the discharge of his official duties under this Act.
Great! So the lord chailman can rule over the country without anyone questioning him. The dude who drafted this was smoking some weird $hit, I tell ya. :lol: :-?
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Baba cannot be the chailman because:
The Chairperson and members of Lokpal shall not be serving or former member of either the Parliament or the Legislature of any State and shall not hold any office or trust of profit (other than the office as Chairperson or member) or would have ever been connected with any political party or carry on any business or practice any profession.
Don't ask where they will find a person to meet such a criteria other than the usual suspects like NGOs, PIO kanadian citizens and jhollawallas.
NikhilB
BRFite

Post by NikhilB »

Huh...! Looks like more and more members of this forum are increasingly becoming conspiracy theorists...always linking some hidden traps and dhagas from nowhere...may be spending too much time on on TSP thread...
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

NikhilB

If a govt gives up so easily (98 hrs) on a demand that has far reaching implications as LokPal, then "dal me bilkul kuch kala hain". If the committee has 10 members and 5 of them are from INC and remaining 5 have a father, son and the holy god, do you need a CT to see the truth?

Where is the opposition party or general public representation in the committee?
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

committee members

Representatives of GoI -
Finance Minister - Pranab Mukharjee
Home Minister - P Chidambaram
Law Minister - Veerappa Moily
Human Resources Minsiter - Kapil Sibal
Water Resources and Minorities - Salman Khurshid (minority quota in this as well)

Representatives of Anna Hajare
Anna Hajare
Justice N. Santosh Hegde
Sr. Lawyer - Santi Bhushan
Lawyer - Prasanth Bhushan
Aravind Kejriwal
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

X-Posting
RamaY wrote:
India is definitely making moves, but they are often too late too little. Right now there are three distinct Indias operating in the sub-continent - (1) Indian Raj (the 2G group), (2) Indian state (the MMS/Babu group), and (3) India that is Bharat. Right now the second India is working for the interests of first India. First India works for their own interests only. The third India is what progressing while carrying the first two Indias on its shoulders. Without destroying the first India and making the second India responsible and answerable to third India it is impossible to make any geopolitical games at this point.
I will give a happening example:

Anna Hajare belongs to the 3rd India. But he is not trying to replace/destroy the 1st India. He wants the existing system to setup a check&balance system consisting of first two Indias. That is where he is going to fail. He is surrounded by people who belong to first two Indias. India-1 is trying to ensure that the proposed Lokpal bill has enough means to ensure that it is a toothless tiger. India-2 is the neutral group in any selection committee. Even if there is equal representation of three Indias in any potential selection committee, India-1 can influence India-2 on its side. That is the case in every social institution today.

Our politicians are '000times smarter than world dictators. Look at current fiasco. Everyone starting from SG, RG, MMS, SP, LPY, MSY, Maya, MKK, CBN (of course all BJP leaders), to bollywood actors to cricketers (new gods in the town) to NGOs are supporting AH. Can he fight against his own people (Imagine Arjuna's situation at the beginning of MB war).

More over AH is surrounded by NGO type gentlemen (remember the Ex-RAW head's comments on Gautam Gambhir) and has to listen to them (who will NOT listen to their friends ALL the time?). Imagine someone saying "dear AH, you have to understand the situation. Govt came down on 4 out of 5 of our demands. We cannot push a gentleman like MMS to the corner. Moreover we want you stay healthy as we need you to lead us rebuilding a strong India. We always have the option of fighting if Govt goes back on its promisses".

Lets look what's going to happen now. Even if Govt sets up a Lokpal immediately, it will not start before June elections (INC can go to elections saying they took care of 2G scam thru LP bill). Even if we have a LP in july'11 and takes up the 2G scam immediately, can they deliver a verdict by Jul'12? If they did can the current govt survive after that? Is INC ready for mid-term elections in 2012?

This is where MMS comes into picture (Initially I did not understand Ramanaji's point on MMS's value). He is the Sikhandi (positive aspect; essential character to kill Bhishma) standing between Bhishma and Arjuna. Without Sikhandi there is no way Bhishma (thus Kauravas) can be defeated. That is why SS or BJP are not asking for MMS' resignation.

What 2G wants now is to divert public (India-3) attention from UPA-scams (there are many). They don't mind sacrificing small fry (MMS is a small fry against anyone except Bhishma). If Raja is ok with suiciding of his own nephew, you can understand how far they can go with outsiders.

That is why they want MMS to resign. If MMS takes "moral responsibility" and resigns then 2G scammers will go all the way on him. He will be blamed for every and all sins of UPA govt irrespective of logic and facts. MMS cannot say anything as he took the "moral responsibility". I have no doubt that he will be put in jail (another trivia for INC - The first Indian PM to get life imprisonment for corruption) without remorse. PVNR went to jail and how many know/remember that the courts acquitted him?

By not resigning, MMS is keeping the corruption discussion in public mind. He will have to stay at the helm until (1) the LokPal identifies and punishes the real 2G scammers OR (2) 2014 elections by keeping the corruption pot boiling till then.

The 3rd India (I would like to call it Bharat) will win only when a leader not only comes out of it (there are few candidates - I made that comment a couple of years ago) but also uses it to permanently transform India-2 to pay allegiance to Bharat and no one else. Complete and permanent destruction of India-1 in such a scenario is a matter of few years.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

My take is that Hazare like movements are the eventual outcome of INC's tactical brilliance in trying to show why the UPA deserves to continue because "all politicians are alike". So people bought this line and see no alternative option to change things in the existing system. In earlier times, they could have voted in the Opposition, but hey how is that possible since now it is understood that Government is the same as Opposition.

I fully expect there to be a lot more agitations of this nature. If the government handles it well, the existing Constitution will survive, and the country end up with a lot of reforms. If not, there will be a new system put in place since all politicians are now discredited.

The first scenario is the likely one, since every system starts breaking down after a while - as people figure out how to scam it - and needs to renew itself.
Last edited by vera_k on 10 Apr 2011 23:41, edited 1 time in total.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

reminds me the matrix - every once in a while anomalies like agent smith and zion start building up and disk defrag has to be done ...
pradeepe
BRFite
Location: Our culture is different and we cannot live together - who said that?

Post by pradeepe »

So quite a few folks here believe that Anna Hazare is playing out a congress scripted ploy. I guess I am one of the dumb ones not clued in to the act. Someone mentioned DCH as well :).

I guess we could all sit it judgement waiting for the perfect mahdi with his perfect solution to appear.
pradeepe
BRFite

Post by pradeepe »

pradeepe wrote:So quite a few folks here believe that Anna Hazare is playing out a congress scripted ploy. I guess I am one of the dumb ones not clued in to the act. Someone mentioned DCH as well :).

I guess we could all sit it judgement waiting for the perfect mahdi with his perfect solution to appear.
Added:
Not to belittle anyone here. Far from it. If we are waiting for perfect solution to come along, it might not be in our lifetimes. There's no dearth of co-opters as is (Sonia G for one making the right noises, cbn says he'll take out a protest rally against corruption :) , I am waiting for Jagan to throw his hat in as well), whats one more.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

pradeepe wrote:So quite a few folks here believe that Anna Hazare is playing out a congress scripted ploy. I guess I am one of the dumb ones not clued in to the act. Someone mentioned DCH as well :).

Pradeepe, pls read my posts. Anna Hajare may not be playing congress script. But he is definitely letting congress to develop a script around him. Please look at the committee members I posted. Even if AH is 100% genuine and stubbern he will be defeated in a committee filled with 3-4 opponents and 3-4 neutrals. By accepting to that committee (what can he do? he has to end his fast somehow) he is getting compromized. How can he go against the committee recommendations that he himself helped to form, especially when the majority will is against him? Wouldn't he hazard dictatorial tendencies?
pradeepe
BRFite

Post by pradeepe »

Post by Vikas Raina earlier in the thread.
Good point Sugriva..
Most of the regular followers are DCH brigade with no idea about pros and cons of what is happening and are inspired by news coming out of Tunisia/Egypyt/ME etc.
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

DCH = Dil Chahta Hai = Easily gullible yuppies..His opinion..What is the problem?
pradeepe
BRFite

Post by pradeepe »

Marten,
I admit, I was upset and posted my comments. What was upsetting was the callousness being displayed. Character assassination without a shred of evidence. Not standing up for a another valid cause at a pervious point in time is not evidence, not in this instance.
pradeepe
BRFite

Post by pradeepe »

Suit yourself Marten. I had no intention of being sneaky. You are reading too much into it.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

Actually the powers that the Jan Lok Pal bill contemplates have long been enjoyed by the political class over the commoners. There is nothing new there. All this Rona-Dhona and Takleef may be because this time the same powers could be used against the Neta-Babu-Judge types.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

Pranavji,

There is a difference don't you think? Ultimately people can kick out the political class by voting it out. What about the committee? Who will check them? I came across this blog post which says this:
I see this massive satyagraha as a huge vote in favour of that independent body having power over the government.
From here - http://aamjanata.com/living-democracy/

This is madness or what? why have govt in the first place if there is a need for an independent body having power over govt? Let there be Chinese type of rule.

ps: I have mixed feelings about this whole movement. I have failed to come to any conclusion so far.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

partha wrote:Pranavji,

There is a difference don't you think? Ultimately people can kick out the political class by voting it out. What about the committee? Who will check them? I came across this blog post which says this:
I see this massive satyagraha as a huge vote in favour of that independent body having power over the government.
From here - http://aamjanata.com/living-democracy/

This is madness or what? why have govt in the first place if there is a need for an independent body having power over govt? Let there be Chinese type of rule.

ps: I have mixed feelings about this whole movement. I have failed to come to any conclusion so far.
I think the election system is broken. I would actually prefer direct election of both the Lok Pal and the Executive, without EVMs.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

Govt seems nervous over Anna's proposal for transparency in committee proceedings:
Anna plays hardball

Anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare took the government by surprise on Sunday, demanding that the proceedings of the joint committee drafting the Lokpal Bill be videographed. He said the entire procedure should be made public to ensure complete transparency.

Hazare said the committee would start its work from April 16.

"The entire process should be videographed so that people can see who is saying what. There will be nothing to hide."

The salvo caught the government unawares.

"Till now, even proceedings of parliamentary committees are held behind closed doors. This is a completely new development," said a senior minister.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Anna-play ... 83697.aspx
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

http://post.jagran.com/government-runs- ... 1302170873
jai ho onlee
government-runs-business-in-fivestar-hotels

same news in detail in telugu
http://sakshi.com/main/Fullstory.aspx?c ... ubcatid=32
Pranay
BRFite

Post by Pranay »

Sushupti wrote:
Thanks Sushupti. This explains the break in the programming going on then...
NikhilB
BRFite

Post by NikhilB »

When I said some members are being increasingly conspiracy theorists, I wanted to point out following ideas from people here:
- Anna's movement is the brilliant tactic of INC
- INC manages all - note, ALL - electronic and print media, without exception to single one, so these media report what INC wants them to report
- 2G family is too brilliant and chankian for BJP to even understand the plot
- There is no single aerial view. All pictures shown on TV contain not more than 10 people. Again, all media are managed well, and there is not a single person in media, in general public or even in opposition, to state that there are only 10 people in gathering.
- All people gathered are NGOs and there is no mango aadmi. A person can be mango aadmi if and only if he is not part of NGO, or any institution, only watches TV etc.

My only intention to link this to TSP thread was not to associate this with any specific TSP news, rather TSP mindset. Having gone through loads of articles, news, and interviews by TSP people, people on this forum are probably also thinking in similar terms. There is one phrase in marathi - Gun nahi pan waan lagla...means, if some good person is in contact of bad person, there are little chances of bad person picking good habits than good person picking bad habits. Anyways, please ignore, it is slightly out of context here.

I think Ann's movement is genuine. Please go through his entire profile and his struggle. Please go through the profiles of all 5 committee members. These were the people who first brought lokpaal bill. Let us not question - why two people from same family, why no woman, why no muslim etc. In that case, we have to solve each and every problem in India through typical secular politicized INC mindset.

Of course, this movement might benefit INC indirectly or it might not. What Anna is doing today should have been done by Opposition. What is BJP doing for last 7-8 years is just giving some interviews twice a week to English channels. Note that, all the scandals that were uncovered - 2G, Hasan Ali, Adarsh etc - had RTI element in them, and note that Anna was crusader in RTI bill as well. No scam was actually uncovered by BJP.

The biggest opposition for Ann's movement is not from BJP or INC, but from NCP. Shard Pawar is doing all he could to damage credibility of this movement. See the statements of Taric Anwar, case against Anupan Kher, all this vanshvaad controversy.

Lastly, I believe that this lokpal law won't remove corruption from India - far from it. It is not possible that just one law can do it. It's series of steps and reforms required. But what we need is one small step at a time. If people are familiar with change management, then it's like achieving target state from current state not just in one big hunky dory rosy fashion, but in small meaningful steps one at a time. Do you not at least agree that it's better than status quo at the moment ?
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

Nikhilji,

I agree with you on 2 points:
About conspiracy and that BJP has spectacularly failed to exploit the numerous scandals of UPA govt. This is the most corrupt govt ever and yet if the elections are held today, BJP win may not be guaranteed.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

NikhilBhayya,

All good points.

Did you see the original LokPal bill and it's incarnations in the past 20 yrs? PM and MPs are added and deleted again and again.

Then How come the same MMS govt withstood months of leftist opposition to nukebill for months going to the extent of facing a no-confidence motion; faced the combined might of opposition for more than six months on JPC; but buckles down for mere 98 hrs of AH fasting that too on a bill of LokPal proportions???

Once again, what is the basis of selecting both father and son for the same body of knowledge?

Anna Hajare may be next Gandhi. That doesn't make the consequences of his actions positive all the times and all the places.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

partha wrote:Nikhilji,

I agree with you on 2 points:
About conspiracy and that BJP has spectacularly failed to exploit the numerous scandals of UPA govt. This is the most corrupt govt ever and yet if the elections are held today, BJP win may not be guaranteed.
What is the reason for that in your opinion?
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

RamaYji,

Which one? That BJP has failed to exploit the scandals? Do you think otherwise?
Why I say BJP win is not guaranteed is because it is linked to the fact that BJP did not exploit the situation and hence has not gained politically. BJP should have spearheaded the anti corruption campaign under the leadership of its next PM candidate (whoever it is). Of course this is my opinion. I would like to know yours.

Edit: BJP won 116 seats. To even form a coalition it has to make a gain of +100 seats at least.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Hazare praises Modi, Nitish
“The way the chief ministers of Gujarat and Bihar have worked in their states, this should be adopted by other chief ministers. The chief ministers of other states should also work like this,” 73-year-old Hazare, who successfully led the agitation on the Lokpal Bill issue, told reporters here.

However, Hazare clarified that he was not viewing it from any partisan angle but only highlighting that the focus of development works should be from the grassroot level.
When a reporter referred to the 2002 riots in Gujarat when Modi was in power, the Gandhian said that “I do not support communal politics, riots or any such thing. I am only talking about decentralisation of power”. When pointed out that Modi has not appointed a Lokayukta for the past nine years in Gujarat, he said, “I will accept Modi as 100 per cent ideal when he brings Lokayukta in his state.”

Hazare also denied any “personal” animosity with Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar.
“There is no rift with Pawar. Six ministers had to go on corruption charges. Why only name Pawar. My fight is against the trend and not against one Pawar,” he said.
Activist Arvind Kejriwal dismissed suggestions that Hazare had invited Pawar to be part of his agitation for Lokpal Bill saying the “question does not arise”.

He also said that he was not interested in politics and did not want to become prime minister. He also felt that if he contested in the elections people wouldn’t vote him. “Most of the people don’t know their voting power. They take money and vote. This should be stopped”, he said.

No to cummunal politics

Later, Hazare issued a press statement to clarify his stand on Modi saying he praised only the developmental work done by Narednra Modi and Nitish Kumar in rural areas. “Alongside I clarified that I am equally opposed to any form of communal disharmony. I am completely opposed to any kind of communalism or discrimination on religious or caste lines,” he said.
Uh,oh..... So, now the leader of the people has praised the "communal" Modi and Nitish Kumar ( bot NDA ruled states).

Look at the questions the DDM puts to him( Anna Hazare) when he praises them( Modi etc)...instead of checking as to why they were praised, all they can pester Anna is on his "secularism quotient (SQ) ". Also, this news mysteriously goes missing on most "secular" news outlets like ToI/Chindu etc.

Imagine if Anna had mentioned that Rahul babu was doing great work in rural development...we would have had 3-4 days of wall-wall coverage on why baba was ready to be PM now...

Ack thoo to the "secular" DDM of Deh.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

sum wrote:Hazare praises Modi, Nitish
“The way the chief ministers of Gujarat and Bihar have worked in their states, this should be adopted by other chief ministers. The chief ministers of other states should also work like this,” 73-year-old Hazare, who successfully led the agitation on the Lokpal Bill issue, told reporters here.

However, Hazare clarified that he was not viewing it from any partisan angle but only highlighting that the focus of development works should be from the grassroot level.
When a reporter referred to the 2002 riots in Gujarat when Modi was in power, the Gandhian said that “I do not support communal politics, riots or any such thing. I am only talking about decentralisation of power”. When pointed out that Modi has not appointed a Lokayukta for the past nine years in Gujarat, he said, “I will accept Modi as 100 per cent ideal when he brings Lokayukta in his state.”

Hazare also denied any “personal” animosity with Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar.
“There is no rift with Pawar. Six ministers had to go on corruption charges. Why only name Pawar. My fight is against the trend and not against one Pawar,” he said.
Activist Arvind Kejriwal dismissed suggestions that Hazare had invited Pawar to be part of his agitation for Lokpal Bill saying the “question does not arise”.

He also said that he was not interested in politics and did not want to become prime minister. He also felt that if he contested in the elections people wouldn’t vote him. “Most of the people don’t know their voting power. They take money and vote. This should be stopped”, he said.

No to cummunal politics

Later, Hazare issued a press statement to clarify his stand on Modi saying he praised only the developmental work done by Narednra Modi and Nitish Kumar in rural areas. “Alongside I clarified that I am equally opposed to any form of communal disharmony. I am completely opposed to any kind of communalism or discrimination on religious or caste lines,” he said.
Uh,oh..... So, now the leader of the people has praised the "communal" Modi and Nitish Kumar ( bot NDA ruled states).

Look at the questions the DDM puts to him( Anna Hazare) when he praises them( Modi etc)...instead of checking as to why they were praised, all they can pester Anna is on his "secularism quotient (SQ) ". Also, this news mysteriously goes missing on most "secular" news outlets like ToI/Chindu etc.

Imagine if Anna had mentioned that Rahul babu was doing great work in rural development...we would have had 3-4 days of wall-wall coverage on why baba was ready to be PM now...

Ack thoo to the "secular" DDM of Deh.
Oh! We have to now wait and see what the "civil society" does!
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Partha garu,

BJP cannot win a anti-corruption debate with INC as the DDM will be used against them to make Rs 1L corruption by BJP >> Rs 1000C corruption by INC. You can see this trend in 2G thread where people were chiding BJP for Yadyurappa's corruption against the '0,000 crore 2G scam.

It looks like BJP's strategy is good governance. We should give it to them on that aspect. Let's see if people will translate that into votes.

I think BJP is playing it's role as a constructive opposition. They don't have the luxury of AH.

Whether they win or lose is upto Indian voters.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

^^^

Well. No one not INC nor BJP has the ability to rule without compromises any more. This is a faultline in the existing system, and that is giving rise to Hazare.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

BTW, did any one miss this gem from the son of humble farmer? (i.e Kumara Swamy s/o H.D Devegowda)
Can't think of politics without corruption: HDK

Kumaraswamy, speaking to reporters here on Sunday, said that in the present political scenario, no one can organise a political party or win elections without being involved in corruption. "If anybody speaks about non-corrupt system, it will not be truth," he said.

He said if Gandhians entered politics they might not succeede. Even if Mahatma Gandhi were alive today, he might have either quit politics or accepted corruption.
Everybody should accept the reality, he added.