Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): May 8, 2011

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): May 8, 201

Post by Lalmohan »

increasingly it looks like india talking peace is designed to upset the paquis more and more, its the diplomatic equivalent of giving them enough rope to hang themselves. an anti-india platform is the last hope of paqui coherence... and in effect a double dare to unkil (especially seen in the light of the recent aid pronouncements in kabul - despite several unkil commentators suggesting we butt out of there) - its a bit like saying 'go ahead paqui's, make my day...'
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

sum wrote:Would have understood if a Paki was bumped off in KSA due to KSA anger at Pak for hiding their enemy, Bin Laden... why would a Saudi be bumped off in TSP?
sum, the answer to your question lies in the fact that a 'boundaryless jihad' is going on. Those who are waging this jihad have enemies who are not only kafir but even co-religionists who are murtad or takfiri and hence ripe for killing.

Remember that OBL was most antagonistic to the Saudi Royalty whom he called 'corrupt' when he was in a charitable mood ? They exiled him, deprived him of his assets, made his family disown him, made it impossible for him to mett his beloved mother, and more than anything else allowed the Crusaders to set foot on the Land of the Prophet. His hatred towards them was as deep rooted as the Christians and Jews. So, those who represent the Royalty were legitimate targets for him and his followers. I am sure that this attack was planned by the Arabs (the Ikhwanis) who were part of his entourage in retaliation for Abottabad though it might have been actually carried out by any faction of TTP. There is no dearth of these people in Karachi.
Sri
BRFite

Post by Sri »

Lalmohan wrote:increasingly it looks like india talking peace is designed to upset the paquis more and more, its the diplomatic equivalent of giving them enough rope to hang themselves. an anti-india platform is the last hope of paqui coherence... and in effect a double dare to unkil (especially seen in the light of the recent aid pronouncements in kabul - despite several unkil commentators suggesting we butt out of there) - its a bit like saying 'go ahead paqui's, make my day...'
Exactly what I wanted to say in my last post lalmohan ji. Increasingly I have a feeling that PMO / MEA are playing this game. Also Foreign Secretary's Paris trip was great timing.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

it also indicates that al-q ability to operate in the KSA is limited - if the only hit they can make is inside pakistan
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

Sri wrote:
Lalmohan wrote:increasingly it looks like india talking peace is designed to upset the paquis more and more, its the diplomatic equivalent of giving them enough rope to hang themselves. an anti-india platform is the last hope of paqui coherence... and in effect a double dare to unkil (especially seen in the light of the recent aid pronouncements in kabul - despite several unkil commentators suggesting we butt out of there) - its a bit like saying 'go ahead paqui's, make my day...'
Exactly what I wanted to say in my last post lalmohan ji. Increasingly I have a feeling that PMO / MEA are playing this game. Also Foreign Secretary's Paris trip was great timing.
which ofcourse makes the paquis brown their salwars more and more about indian aggression... and their whining to unkil about the eastern borders and unkil's whining to us, met with implacable inscrutable oriental stonewalling with chai-biskoot
Nandu
BRF Oldie

Post by Nandu »

sum wrote: Would have understood if a Paki was bumped off in KSA due to KSA anger at Pak for hiding their enemy, Bin Laden... why would a Saudi be bumped off in TSP?
Sorry for the CT, but @acorn makes the insinuation that instead of this being a jihad hit, it might be the culinary institute in action based on material taken from bin's mansion.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Lalmohan wrote:it also indicates that al-q ability to operate in the KSA is limited - if the only hit they can make is inside pakistan
To a large extent that is true. Through counter operations, intelligence, blandishments, tight leash on Islamist mullahs, by vetting the Friday qutbahs in mosques and other such acts, KSA has succeeded to a large extent in eliminating Al Qaeda operations within the Kingdom. There are still remnants, one of whom tried to assassinate counterintelligence chief Prince Mohammed bin Nayef in August 2010. Measures were tightened even more after that.

Pakistan has learned or does not want to learn anything from their ummah brothers.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Nandu wrote:
sum wrote: Would have understood if a Paki was bumped off in KSA due to KSA anger at Pak for hiding their enemy, Bin Laden... why would a Saudi be bumped off in TSP?
Sorry for the CT, but @acorn makes the insinuation that instead of this being a jihad hit, it might be the culinary institute in action based on material taken from bin's mansion.
If that is the case, lots of Paki ISI officers( serving/retd/rogue/non-state/<insert your word>) should be meeting their 72 soon...
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

I have written to Anatol Lieven's colleagues (the head of department, and the acting head of deprtment, of the War Studies Department) at King's College, London to express my disappointment at his article in The National Interest. Others feel free to write to his other colleagues (past and present), if you can find the mail IDs. Anatol Lieven's credibility needs to be systematically questioned.

"Dear Professors Frost, Berdal

I would like to bring to your attention an article published by your colleague, Professor Anatol Lieven, in The National Interest, dated 9 May 2011. The internet link is provided below:

http://nationalinterest.org/commentary/ ... istan-5275

In this article Prof. Lieven writes:

"As I have written, I—like many other observers and, indeed, officials—was prepared to extend a measure of tolerance to the Pakistani military for its shelter to the leadership of the Afghan Taliban and past support for terrorist attacks on India (if only because this so clearly reflected the democratic will of the great majority of Pakistanis), as long—but only as long—as they genuinely and effectively cooperated in preventing terrorist attacks on the West; since after all that is what our soldiers in Afghanistan are supposed to be there to prevent."

It appears that Prof. Lieven is prepared to tolerate those who support or supported terrorist attacks on India as long as those same people cooperate in preventing terrorist attacks on the West. Furthermore, he justifies his tolerance of such people by stating that their support of terrorism commanded democratic support.

This strikes me as being a grotesque viewpoint, and entirely opposed to basic moral and ethical values.

I never thought the day would come that a Professor at Kings College London would provide qualified support, but support nevertheless, for supporters of terrorism. I did not at all expect that a leading British university would include on its faculty staff that provide qualified support for terrorism, provided that the victims are non-Western and the perpetrators are prepared to cooperate to avoid terrorist attacks in the West.

Also, why does Professor Lieven believe that the "great majority" of Pakistanis are complicit in their support of terrorism directed at India. Is this not also a great slur on the people of Pakistan?

And what is India to make of a grotesque morality that tolerates terrorism against India for certain perceived benefits in preventing terrorism against the West?

What is the moral message here? Where is the decency? Where is the common sense?

Yours sincerely,

etc."
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

^ Excellent letter. Not at all a bad idea to hound out these so called academics that are in this manner actively propagating terrorism against India.
satya
BRFite

Post by satya »

Nightwatch on TSPA

One Asia Times on Line analyst provided a reminder last week that Chief of Army Staff General Kayani was the head of the Inter-Services Intelligence Directorate at the time bin Laden arrived in Abbottabad, six or, possibly. seven years ago. Musharraf was the Chief of the Army Staff and the leader of Pakistan by dint of his 1999 illegal overthrow of elected government. Kayani was his hand-picked successor as Chief of Army Staff.

Official remarks in parliamentary closed sessions last week that lament an intelligence failure leave unclear to what failure they refer. The implication is that it is not the presence of bin Laden but rather the failure to anticipate and detect the US raid against Abbottabad.

Pakistani officials are now blaming the US, according to a 15 May report in the Washington Post, for the ruin of the Army and the country. This is venting because the dominant culprit in ruining the country is the Army.

Under Musharraf, the economy declined. The number of madrasahs increased exponentially under Musharraf's regime, just as they did under Martial Law Administrator General Zia ul Haq. The Army made political deals with the Islamists against the civilian parties.
The Pakistan Army was unprepared for war and was unable to complete its preparations for war with India in 2001 and 2002. It remains unable to complete its mobilization and accomplish its readiness doctrine.
So Gen. Kiyani no different than Mushy both == when it comes to TSPA battle ready status.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Altair wrote:
Gagan wrote:So in effect, Pasha has conveyed a terrorist attack threat to India.

I understand that at least 1 IBG is deployed right at the border, conducting 'exercises', the second one is heading there right after this one.
being reported in TV channels in India.

Pakistan is again shelling heavily across LOC. Pakistanis do not understand the concept of ceasefire. Why then would MMS stretch peace. The MMS peace initiative is like a chewing gum taken out of mouth. It is of no use and is a real nuisance.
No doubt aimed at improving the morale of he suar faujis of Pakhanastan
Last edited by shiv on 16 May 2011 19:08, edited 1 time in total.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

For most of us on BR, what Anatol dude is puking now overtly, was obvious from US and lackeys' policies since 9/11. Namely, attack the SDREs, no problem, but go after and hand over the terrorists of interest to the west. And nobody has been consistently pointing this out than me, albeit in colorful language no doubt :-).

Just recall what Al Qualin Bin Paveel said when Mushrat attacked the J&K legislature soon after 9/11. He facetiously referred to that as an "Indian facility" in Kashmir. Then recall how state dept characterized the attack on Indian parliament on 12/13. They said both India & TSP must cooperate with US in the fight against terror instead of fighting each other. Sorry to raise your BP. But that was how much importance TSP terror against India was given by US and its lackeys. And as this disgusting fraud was being inflicted on India, we had none other than VajpayeeJi declaring that India and US are natural allies onlee :-).

I think TSP overplayed its card, and at the same time, there are genuine differences between US & TSP. First, I have no proof, but just speculating knowing TSP perfidy that TSP wanted to sacrifice OBL at the right moment for something big in return, but the Abottabad raid punctured that grand plan mercilessly, assiduosuly built up by TSPA/ISI over the years. This is where TSPA/ISI overplayed their game.

Then, there is Haqqni/Mullah Omar-led Taliban, which is a source of genuine difference between US & TSP. How this plays out will have an impact on India.

Recall, post 9/11, I have also been saying that as much as India has been made the sacrifical goat by US (with willing Indian leaders like MMS/Sonia) to appease TSP and continue their Indian containment policy, at the end of the day, if TSP were forced to reconcile a genuine, peaceful Afganisthan devoid of Talibunniees and out of TSP control, that would still be good for India.

However, I wouldn't put it beyond the abilities of the deceitful but brilliant US strategists to somehow come up with a plan to secure their interests, and yet restore enought H&D and power to TSPA/ISA so they continue to do the west's dirty job of bottling India in "South Asia".
ranjbe
BRFite

Post by ranjbe »

A_Gupta wrote:
Lieven's book has the dedication:

"In memory of my grandparents, George Henry Monahan, Indian Civil Service, Helen Monahan (nee Kennedy), and their son, Captain Hugh Monahan, MC, 5th Royal Gurkha Rifles (Frontier Force)...."
It looks like he is the son of a Polish immigrant who married a well-off fellow Catholic Englishwomen of Irish roots. His maternal grandparents and cousin instilled the spirit of the 'White Man's Burden' in him?
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

ranjbe wrote:A_Gupta wrote:
Lieven's book has the dedication:

"In memory of my grandparents, George Henry Monahan, Indian Civil Service, Helen Monahan (nee Kennedy), and their son, Captain Hugh Monahan, MC, 5th Royal Gurkha Rifles (Frontier Force)...."
It looks like he is the son of a Polish immigrant who married a well-off fellow Catholic Englishwomen of Irish roots. His maternal grandparents and cousin instilled the spirit of the 'White Man's Burden' in him?
Actually Lieven comes from Livonia, which was a kingdom somewhere near modern day Estonia.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

i would suggest that until recently the US narrative on India was largely scripted by their dialogue with pakistan. i.e. they believed anything and everything about india as dictated to them by the paquis. it was very much part and parcel of their cold war mindset - and reflects a shortcoming in their mental framework for dealing with the world. the paquis learned to play this game and they have played it very well, topi-maroing the major superpower for over four decades - not a bad achievement for those whiskey swigging jehadi jarnails! i bet even now zia is laughing his musharraff off in the 7th layer of hell he is languishing in at how he managed to screw over unkil
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

Targets inside India identified if attacked: ISI chief - http://www.hindustantimes.com/Targets-i ... 97891.aspx

India scoffs off ISI chief's threat as 'tall claim' - http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/new ... 366651.cms

For the Paks, the statements by Indian army and AF chiefs were a gift from Allah.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Just a general observation. East Europeans are very much conscious of their not-quite-white status. It is a amusing to see their contortions to be accepted as full fledged Europeans. Reminds me of some Goans in their abject debasment.
ManuT
BRFite

Post by ManuT »

Altair wrote:
Gagan wrote:So in effect, Pasha has conveyed a terrorist attack threat to India.

I understand that at least 1 IBG is deployed right at the border, conducting 'exercises', the second one is heading there right after this one.
being reported in TV channels in India.

Pakistan is again ... nuisance.
I think they are testing DDM "model conduct" created after 26/11.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

Lalmohan wrote:i would suggest that until recently the US narrative on India was largely scripted by their dialogue with pakistan. i.e. they believed anything and everything about india as dictated to them by the paquis. it was very much part and parcel of their cold war mindset - and reflects a shortcoming in their mental framework for dealing with the world.
Lalmohanji,
During the WWII, when things were done incorrectly, commonGermans would say, if only He knew what was being done in his name. The HE was of course Hitler. If only he knew about the corruption, if he knew about the ill treatment of the communists, about the black market, the arrest and deportation of Jews and so on. Then when Ernst Röhm was arrested and shot, some one said if only he knew earlier that Rohm was a homosexual, at this some one quipped, wait till he comes to know about the club foot of Goebbels!
The fact is the US leadership has enough maturity to know what is going on. Furthermore, they spend enormous amounts in intelligence gathering to keep themselves informed. Pakistan can not teach them anything. The US behavior to India is a well calculated one and it is not based on ignorance. They have chosen to believe something that they think is in their interest.
Gautam
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

gautam babu
yes and no. at a macro level (ministers/secretary and above), i agree with you. at a micro level, the mango unkil afsar or diplomutt believes what his paqui counterpart tells him
Karna_A
BRFite

Post by Karna_A »

eklavya wrote:In this article Prof. Lieven writes:

"As I have written, I—like many other observers and, indeed, officials—was prepared to extend a measure of tolerance to the Pakistani military for its shelter to the leadership of the Afghan Taliban and past support for terrorist attacks on India (if only because this so clearly reflected the democratic will of the great majority of Pakistanis), as long—but only as long—as they genuinely and effectively cooperated in preventing terrorist attacks on the West; since after all that is what our soldiers in Afghanistan are supposed to be there to prevent."

It appears that Prof. Lieven is prepared to tolerate those who support or supported terrorist attacks on India as long as those same people cooperate in preventing terrorist attacks on the West. Furthermore, he justifies his tolerance of such people by stating that their support of terrorism commanded democratic support.

This strikes me as being a grotesque viewpoint, and entirely opposed to basic moral and ethical values.
Eklavya, good letter.

Also to hit this guy in head, do point out that the democratic will of the great majority of TFTA Pakis is to slave trade in white British girls, which by his logic should also be welcomed following the great democratic principles he is misquoting.
http://www.libertarianrepublican.net/20 ... aping.html
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Lalmohan wrote:gautam babu
yes and no. at a macro level (ministers/secretary and above), i agree with you. at a micro level, the mango unkil afsar or diplomutt believes what his paqui counterpart tells him
In mid 90s its was as struggle to explain India to children of unkil military for they were convinced of the badness of India.

Looks like they are conditioned in the govt service to think like that tand the attitude carries over to the kids also.

Haven't gotten back to get current status.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

The picture of Kiyani and the military cabal in TSP parliament reminds me of Mushy beseeching Badmash to got to DC to pull their chest nuts from the Kargil cauldron in 1999. And later couped him.

Now Kiyani and his cohort are pretending to be under political control to divert the anger in TSP.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Anujan wrote:AQ Khan writes about the famous Pakistani King Tipu Sultan. Somehow the places all have BENIS dhaaga level spelling. :mrgreen:
http://thenews.com.pk/TodaysPrintDetail ... =5/16/2011
Slowly, we are forgetting (or are being made to forget) our national heroes, our history and our culture
What non sense he is peddling. Pakis remember their national heroes and honor them like nobody and have named nuke missiles after them
like Abdali , Babur and Gauri and many more. All of them Paki national heroes and forefathers of current Pakis. After all the land belongs to Allah and any muslim doing anything anywhere in the world whether in past or future shall be a Paki national.
Wait for few years and we shall have OBL and Zawahiri and Mullah O declared as Paki National heroes.

The only one missing are those who didn't do Pakistanis like above mentioned ones...
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I know the great-great-great-great-grandson of Tippu Sultan.
He rejoiced when the Agni TD first flight happened in 1989.
He wanted TSP to be Agnied.
Avik
BRFite

Post by Avik »

I was thinking about what Shiv had posted a couple of pages back, about Pak Fauj smarting under the Abbottabad insult and planning some strike to restore its H&D...

If we were to consider India as an obvious target, would Paki Fauj attempt a full blown confrontation a-la Kargil? Perhaps not, given the pathetic state they are in and absence of even minimal US support..

So, the Pakis would plan to do something spectacular that lifts their morale sky high and at the same time attracts limited international opprobrium, and also throw some powerful sections of India into confusion.....

I am thinking of a scenario of perhaps some action against Paki hate figures like Narendra Modi, Bal Thackeray..maybe the Abdullah family/ Jagmohan? A kidnap/ assault attempt against one of these people by the Paki SSG??

Who knows, if this happens, Pakis start playing up the yada--yada on Gujarat, and the international community, a-la the likes of Lieven and Kerry lap it up..and of course have the Indian fifth columnists run amok..

Or is the above total BS, and I should get some sleep?? :!:
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

After the first assasination attempt on Benazir Bhutto, PPP supporters in TSP came on to the street with a nice slogan. 'Amreeka ne kutha paala, wardhiwala wardhiwala..'
VikramS
BRFite

Post by VikramS »

There are folks who are cutting and pasting entire posts from this thread and posting them as comments on the Anton Leiven article. Please do not do that. At least edit them so that BRF lingo is not used and the message can be understood by the average tube-light.
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

Making sanitisation of Pakistan conditional upon giving Indian territory to Pakistan is sort of like the "butterfly effect" where you can connect a broken bottle of coke to terrorism and Nukes in Pakistan.

For those who would delve a little deeper and the question "how is it connected" the answer would be evident - the narrative is quite random when viewed unto itself. Alas, with the general public and the coffeehouse denizens of the world and our own nation, the lie has been repeated so often that people spout the statement with conviction and believe it - sort of "the world is flat".

Given that BRFites thanks to BR are looking at the nooks and crannies of this, I am certain that several would understand the source of this narrative. The origin lies in the scripted and well designed partition of India where the global elites kind of sort of crippled India through social, cultural and spatial constraints (look at the map of POK and the routes that it deprives us to etc - it is no accident). These guys have played out the various scenarios and the Indian state of J&K yields the highest domino effect required to contain India for centuries - subsequent to the vivisection of other Indian states such as Gandhar, Sindh etc. Attempts have been made to detach this state since prior to partition (one only has to study the whole Sheikh Abdullah affair and who was behind it) and make it part of the unstable "occupied territories of western India" comprised of Af-Pak and sorts. All actions of the proxy state of Pakistan (and on one occasion - the proxy state of China) have been directed towards detaching this territory. It is absolutely crucial for those behind Pakistan that this territory detaches and they will use all means - external and internal to accomplish this.

In light of this, that the establishments voices are crowing about J&K despite the OBL/ Abbottabad discovery is self evident. It has little to do with Pakistan and more to do with the urgency behind detaching the territory - before India becomes stronger. Additionally, there must be a real fear that Pakistan as a proxy will be dysfunctional soon as a result of which a very crucial weapon in the detachment will be lost. Additionally, their other partially proxy state has kinda sorta gone rogue. Hence prior to Pakistan succumbing to rabies, India must be contained and all tools will be used for that including insiders. At the same time, public sentiment towards Pakistan is shifting so establishment voices have to speak louder on the Pakistan terrorism - J&K connection.

Post the recent events in Pakistan, one may expect more around J&K and more noise internally by anti nationals as well. I expect the tempo to go up given there may be a real fear that the cats paw is dreadfully sick.

The sequence of events in India in the last 20 years are no coincidence.
vanand
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vanand »

Avik wrote:I was thinking about what Shiv had posted a couple of pages back, about Pak Fauj smarting under the Abbottabad insult and planning some strike to restore its H&D...

If we were to consider India as an obvious target, would Paki Fauj attempt a full blown confrontation a-la Kargil? Perhaps not, given the pathetic state they are in and absence of even minimal US support..

So, the Pakis would plan to do something spectacular that lifts their morale sky high and at the same time attracts limited international opprobrium, and also throw some powerful sections of India into confusion.....

I am thinking of a scenario of perhaps some action against Paki hate figures like Narendra Modi, Bal Thackeray..maybe the Abdullah family/ Jagmohan? A kidnap/ assault attempt against one of these people by the Paki SSG??

Who knows, if this happens, Pakis start playing up the yada--yada on Gujarat, and the international community, a-la the likes of Lieven and Kerry lap it up..and of course have the Indian fifth columnists run amok..

Or is the above total BS, and I should get some sleep?? :!:
Avik you are correct see what Kerry says
http://www.dawn.com/2011/05/16/we-are-s ... kerry.html

And OT is the the whole world paying for WOT when I checked for recent sharp raise in petrol price I came across the link.
http://www.indexmundi.com/commodities/? ... &months=60
When ever US is height of war there is sharp raise in crude oil price and the patten it raised in 2008 matches 2011
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

Jarita wrote:Making sanitisation of Pakistan conditional upon giving Indian territory to Pakistan is sort of like the "butterfly effect" where you can connect a broken bottle of coke to terrorism and Nukes in Pakistan.

For those who would delve a little deeper and the question "how is it connected" the answer would be evident - the narrative is quite random when viewed unto itself. Alas, with the general public and the coffeehouse denizens of the world and our own nation, the lie has been repeated so often that people spout the statement with conviction and believe it - sort of "the world is flat".

Given that BRFites thanks to BR are looking at the nooks and crannies of this, I am certain that several would understand the source of this narrative. The origin lies in the scripted and well designed partition of India where the global elites kind of sort of crippled India through social, cultural and spatial constraints (look at the map of POK and the routes that it deprives us to etc - it is no accident). These guys have played out the various scenarios and the Indian state of J&K yields the highest domino effect required to contain India for centuries - subsequent to the vivisection of other Indian states such as Gandhar, Sindh etc. Attempts have been made to detach this state since prior to partition (one only has to study the whole Sheikh Abdullah affair and who was behind it) and make it part of the unstable "occupied territories of western India" comprised of Af-Pak and sorts. All actions of the proxy state of Pakistan (and on one occasion - the proxy state of China) have been directed towards detaching this territory. It is absolutely crucial for those behind Pakistan that this territory detaches and they will use all means - external and internal to accomplish this.

In light of this, that the establishments voices are crowing about J&K despite the OBL/ Abbottabad discovery is self evident. It has little to do with Pakistan and more to do with the urgency behind detaching the territory - before India becomes stronger. Additionally, there must be a real fear that Pakistan as a proxy will be dysfunctional soon as a result of which a very crucial weapon in the detachment will be lost. Additionally, their other partially proxy state has kinda sorta gone rogue. Hence prior to Pakistan succumbing to rabies, India must be contained and all tools will be used for that including insiders. At the same time, public sentiment towards Pakistan is shifting so establishment voices have to speak louder on the Pakistan terrorism - J&K connection.

Post the recent events in Pakistan, one may expect more around J&K and more noise internally by anti nationals as well. I expect the tempo to go up given there may be a real fear that the cats paw is dreadfully sick.

The sequence of events in India in the last 20 years are no coincidence.
Addtionally more they talk about J&K and Pak , Muslim, Islam and Ummah more they suppress India and its growth.

The sequence is very well calibrated and check when Anatol articles come up and how frequently and we see more on J&K and other issue such as IndiaPakistan. Most of these media circus and policy are scripted in London rather than DC.

One internet comment shows the thinking
ONLY EXISTENCE OF INDIA, GIVES BREATH TO PAKISTAN ... AFT U.S EXIT, WAR IN WAZIRISTAN WILL COME TO AN END IN 2014 ... AND WAR WILL BE STARTED IN KASHMIR IN 2014 ... SO WAKE UP SIDE, TALIBAN BUTCHERS ARE PREPARING TO CUT REAL HINDU THROATS .... YOU`VE CREATED 30 THOUSAND MILITANTS TO BREAK EAST PAKISTAN .. THIS IS OUR BIRTH RITE TO HV MUMBAI ATTACKS AGAIN AND AGAIN UNTILL V HAVE NUCLEAR WAR ...NASR MISSILE IS A BIG BREAK THROUGH IN FACE TO FACE WAR HAVING NUCLEAR WAR HEAD WITH RANGE 60 KM ..
Last edited by svinayak on 16 May 2011 22:07, edited 1 time in total.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

vanand - most likely scenario is to ratchet up the tension in srinagar area and have street protests again
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Which barbarian was named NASR that the Paki named their latest abomination?

Is it named for some Egyptian jihadi?

Due to its extreme short range, I think it will do nas bandi to them.

Total Kalidasa weapon.
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

CRamS wrote:
However, I wouldn't put it beyond the abilities of the deceitful but brilliant US strategists to somehow come up with a plan to secure their interests, and yet restore enought H&D and power to TSPA/ISA so they continue to do the west's dirty job of bottling India in "South Asia".
CRamS,
Post OBL world,India-US relations also have China in the equation especially when Pakistan is concerned.It is not a first degree partial differential equation,its a 2nd degree partial differential equation.
JMT
Altair
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Pioneer reports from IANS

http://www.dailypioneer.com/339062/PM-r ... China.html

PM reviews security threat from Pakistan, China

May 16, 2011 11:03:06 PM

IANS | New Delhi

A day after Pakistan's spy chief threatened reprisal attacks in case New Delhi attempted a special operation against terror suspects on its soil, India Monday carried out a comprehensive review of its security preparedness amidst reports of the presence of Chinese soldiers in Pakistani Kashmir.

Prime Minister Manmohan Singh chaired the review with the three armed forces chiefs providing their inputs to the assessment of the security situation against the back drop of the killing of Al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden by US special forces at Abbottabad in the heart of Pakistan May 2, sources said here.

Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) chief Ahmed Shuja Pasha had warned India that an Abbottabad-like operation by New Delhi would invite a fitting response, with Pakistani armed forces having "identified" specific targets and carried out "rehearsals" to attack them.

The 90-minute meeting held at the Prime Minister's house was attended by Defence Minister A.K. Antony, National Security Adviser Shivshankar Menon, Air Force Chief Air Chief Marshal P.V. Naik, Navy Chief Admiral Nirmal Verma, Army Chief General V.K. Singh and Defence Secretary Pradeep Kumar, the sources said.

At the meeting, the armed forces' preparedness to meet any security challenge that may be posed by terror networks in the region and conventional threats from Pakistan's armed forces came up for review.

"The prime minister was briefed on the overall security measures and the general preparedness of the defence forces. Issues like changing security situation in Pakistan and the situation along the Sino-Indian border were discussed," defence ministry officials said here.

This meeting comes less than a week after Antony held a similar two-day review of overall security of the country and coastal security in particular with maritime agencies and two days after the prime minister returned from Kabul, where he had discussed the latest developments with Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai.

The Indian Army has also raised its alertness level in the wake of reports that Pakistan may try to infiltrate militants into Jammu and Kashmir.

It has also raised an alarm over Chinese military personnel's presence in Pakistani Kashmir in the guise of engineering workers and the threat posed by the large neighbour to the security of Jammu and Kashmir.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

ramana wrote:Which barbarian was named NASR that the Paki named their latest abomination?

Is it named for some Egyptian jihadi?

Due to its extreme short range, I think it will do nas bandi to them.

Total Kalidasa weapon.
Ramana saar, What is Kalidasa Weapon? "My guess is useless weapon?"
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

sanjaykumar wrote:Just a general observation. East Europeans are very much conscious of their not-quite-white status. It is a amusing to see their contortions to be accepted as full fledged Europeans. Reminds me of some Goans in their abject debasment.
Can we please keep away from stigmatizing fellow Indians? I know you emphasized "some" but that way we can still attack any group. Stereotyping non-Indians would be ok for making an insightful point as you did in this case.
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

Why does one assume that the Nasr will be used on Pacqui territory onlee, what prevents them from using it on the advancing IA division before it crosses the IB( assuming that the Nasr actually works and the Pacquis are stupid enough to start a new-clear war)
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

VikasRaina, Kalidasa was supposed to have been found high up on a tree sawing off the branch he was sitting on. In other words a self-defeating move!