Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): May 8, 2011

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
arun
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): May 8, 201

Post by arun »

NDTV on a cable leaked by Wikileaks and dispatched by the US Embassy in Islamabad on the Mohammaddenisation of the Air Force of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan which is leading airmen to sabotage F-16‘s involved in operations targeting Islamic Terrorists:

WikiLeaks: Pakistani airmen sabotaging F-16s

The full text of the cable is here:

Pakistan cable on visiting US officials being briefed on F-16s
Kanishka
BRFite

Post by Kanishka »

Are Pakistani forces really ashamed?

http://arabnews.com/world/article417964.ece
More than 60 percent of the taxpayers' money is spent on Pakistan's defense. Especially, in the last 10 years, billions of dollars have been received in the name of war against terrorism from the United States and the West which have been consumed by Pakistani defense and intelligence agencies. Pakistani army, air force, navy and intelligence services have no open audits or accountability of the funds they receive. Pakistani defense personnel have much better remunerations and luxuries compared to almost all other armed forces of the Third World countries. During 60 years of independence, Pakistani armed forces ruled the country for almost three-fourth of the period and during the remaining period army generals installed their political actors at the helm. In return, what the army has given to the country and the nation? Insurgency in Kashmir, fall of Dhaka in 1971, defeat in Siachen by India, Afghan jihad in the 1980s and now war against Taleban and Al-Qaeda. Pakistan Army has made decisions for Pakistan and the people of Pakistan without their consent and all these have now proved to have failed and brought disgrace to the country. Their self-centered policies only benefited them not the country.

krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Major slap in paki face

http://www.sify.com/news/China-asks-Pak ... idget_news
The Chinese leadership has asked Islamabad to "mend its fences" with all its neighbours, including India, and expressed concern over terrorists still "flourishing" in centres on Pakistani soil, a media report today said.
The Chinese leadership, the diplomatic sources told The News, had agreed in principle to help Pakistan to bridge its budget deficit and to provide a soft loan for rescuing its economy.

The leadership, however, "declined to oblige the desire expressed by Islamabad for fiscal assistance", the report said.

Beijing said that China, as part of its policy, does not "give hard cash as financial assistance to any country", the report said.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

The leadership, however, "declined to oblige the desire expressed by Islamabad for fiscal assistance", the report said.

Beijing said that China, as part of its policy, does not "give hard cash as financial assistance to any country"
, the report said.
From the same report. But TIFWIW.. while aiding it's nuclear proliferation and other security related goals, it's sort of expected China will make some kind of noise.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

China does not want to get trapped into the "principal/agent problem" with Pakisatan. Plus, like everyone else, they are worried as sh1t that the Paks will go nuclear at the drop of a hat - because they know, as everyone else does, that the Islamists have already taken over...

They also know that they can be subject to the same blackmail that it is now subjecting the Americans to. Everyone is treading a fine line. And it seems the Paki military leadership, at least the important parts of it, still haven't cottoned on to what is in store for them...

I would expect interesting news in the next 4-6 weeks. Not as interesting as the Bin Ladin death announcement though :)
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

Beijing said that China, as part of its policy, does not "give hard cash as financial assistance to any country", the report said.
What! China gives post dated Child-care vouchers after 'bang-ganging' the Pakistanese wh0re. Wonder if it is time to pull out the last trick out of the hat, i.e loose new-clear alms falling into the hands of Uighurs studying IT in Rawalpindi. I'm sure Emperor Pu and General Chow-Mein know the truth " We pletend to plorifelate but what we give you don't wolk"
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Check this out...

Www.dividepakistan.blogspot.com

This guy syed jamaluddin deserves Bharat ratna. :rotfl:
saadhak
BRFite

Post by saadhak »

arun wrote:NDTV on a cable leaked by Wikileaks and dispatched by the US Embassy in Islamabad on the Mohammaddenisation of the Air Force of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan which is leading airmen to sabotage F-16‘s involved in operations targeting Islamic Terrorists:
WikiLeaks: Pakistani airmen sabotaging F-16s
The full text of the cable is here:
Pakistan cable on visiting US officials being briefed on F-16s
Thanks for sharing. Reading the cable, the undercurrent seems like employing textbook negotiation tactics for the F-16.
The cable offers insights into how Paki armed forces beg for arms while trying to keep their H&D intact. Advice from the good cop (armed forces) that the onus is on the Americans to ensure that the 'uneducated masses' and 'extremist enemies' (bad cop) are adequately 'understood' and kept happy.
Given all that Pakistan has done for the U.S., Chaudhry said, Pakistan's military leaders have a difficult time maintaining positive attitudes toward the U.S. amongst enlisted personnel. He cited the suseptibility of the enlisted ranks -- most of whom come from rural villages -- to the influence of extremist Islamic clerics: "You can't imagine what a hard time we have trying to get to trim their beards." (Note: This last comment refers to the tradition of conservative Muslims to grow full beards as a sign of piety. End note.)
That is, our extremist problem is actually your problem. It is for you to solve. Here's a few suggestions.
He concluded by asking A/S Hillen to ensure that the F-16 deal has enough sweeteners to appeal to the public -- a complete squadron of new F-16s, with JDAM and night-vision capability -- but not to offer the PAF things that it cannot afford. {As if they can afford any F-16 or its 'sweeteners'}
2.Learn from China.
In contrast, Chaudhry said, the Chinese "understand the Pakistani psyche" and therefore "they offer us everything," always on advantageous financial terms.
In addition, this also brings out eagerness of Amirkhan - he is in fact pushing for the F-16s deal and offering advice on steps they could take to facilitate Congressional approval of the F-16 transfer.
The cable describes the F-16 topic being broached in 3 meetings. The US official initiated the topic all 3 times. Makes one wonder who is more interested in the deal - the beggar or the seller.
Describing his role in soliciting
support for USG security assistance to Pakistan from the U.S.
Congress, A/S Hillen urged Pakistan's defense leaders to come
to a decision soonest on the desired configuration for its
purchase of F-16s. A/S Hillen described the process by which
the Administration notifies Congress of the transfer of
defense assets, and counseled the Pakistanis on steps they
could take to facilitate Congressional approval of the F-16
transfer.
When Hillen asked for an assessment of Government of Pakistan's (GOP) current thinking
on F-16 aircraft purchase
, Minister Hamid said that the GOP
is definitely interested in purchasing new aircraft, as well
as refurbishing its current fleet and perhaps acquiring
airframes through third-country buy-backs.
At PAF HQ March 17, Air Vice Marshall (AVM) Khalid
Chaudhry (Deputy Chief of Air Staff for Operations) and Air
Commodore Jamshed listened carefully as A/S Hillen outlined
concerns raised by some Members of Congress regarding the
pending sale of F-16s to Pakistan.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

I wonder if USA is not willing to give something as inconsequential as Drones to TSP to fight against Terrorists in Pakistan due to total lack of trust, Why the heck they come and lecture India and insinuate that somehow we should give away Kashmir and that would resolve all problems in Pakistan.
saadhak
BRFite

Post by saadhak »

Muppalla wrote:Per Mandeep Bajwa's tweet:
WikiLeaks: Pak Air Force airmen getting radicalised, sabotaging F-16s, other planes and operations. Officers very worried
If this is related to the wikileaks cable Re. F-16s: if we look at the big picture, it was said in the context of bargaining for F-16s with more bells and whistles with Unkil by painting an alarmist scenario -- IMO.
If PAF is as professional as they claim to be, they should have disciplining procedures to address these 'worries' of subordinates.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Average Joe SixPack doesn't think of India or Pakistan for more than 5 seconds. Non-average Joe who is worried about Pakistan and/or India does appreciate the ideological difference when told about it.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Arun, I believe Average Joe SixPack doesn't count in the grand scheme of things nor does Abdul I guess. Why waste time converting him/her. Better spend energies on People who matter and make decisions.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Perfidy - from TFT
These are the ruins of an ancient Buddhist university in the Sharda valley, Azad Kashmir, only 100 miles from Srinagar. The university is more than 2,000 years old and was once considered the highest seat of learning in the land. Pilgrims came from all over India to pray and worship here, and the students here took courses in history, philosophy and moral reasoning. Even 1,000 years after it was built, long after it had fallen into desuetude, Al-Beruni mentions its abiding prestige in his Tarikh-al-Hind .

The university is situated on a mountain right above the Neelum River. Gray stone slabs of belief-defying proportions form the holy steps that lead up to the grassy campus, where today Pakistani soldiers do their pushups. There is, in the center of the enclosed grassy patch, an imposing temple made of the same gray stone. It once contained a holy statue. According to a local tour guide, it was the statue that was anciently revered by pilgrims and scholars. In 1947, when it became evident that this part of Kashmir would stay with Pakistan, the maharaja commanded the residents of Sharda to remove the holy statue from its place in the temple and lug it all the way to Srinagar. Now in those days the people of Kashmir were obliged to perform unpaid labour for the maharajah, and they despaired at the thought of lugging the heavy statue on foot through the twisting mountain paths. So the elders and numberdars of Sharda convened a meeting one night and decided to feign grief: they would pretend that they too were devoted, despite their Muslim faith, to the holy statue and couldn’t bear to be separated from it. Everyone was urged to weep; those who couldn’t muster real tears were instructed to put masala in their eyes.

The plan worked: in the chaos of the Partition the maharaja forgot about the statue. And, soon after their new freedom had been secured, the people of Sharda (now only Muslims) got together and threw the troublesome statue into the river far below to ensure that no one ever laid claim to it again.
Kashmiriyat in full flow. Nobody explained the concept of Kashmiriyat to me until I read this just now.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

A_Gupta wrote:
CRamS wrote:
A_Gupta is right for the wrong reasons. I am not advocating bringing in India all thje time. In fact, I am enjoying the pummeling TSP is getting. But when they talk about India having to give Kashmir to TSP to solve their TSP woses, thats when India needs to forcefully step in.
Ah, you did not mention J&K in the post I responded to. J&K is difficult to talk about in sound-bites, you will need a few minutes at least. I think the quickest soundbite that Americans can grasp is "We can't have J&K become another Swat" (and India is the guardian against that event) but even that is difficult.
try "the only thing stopping the pakistanis turning cashmere into another talibanised afghanistan threatening US interests is a democratic India"
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Daily Show - Some may find it funny to watch the first few minutes wrt Pakistan / Osama /Kerry's trip.
Link
Theo_Fidel

Post by Theo_Fidel »

CRamS wrote:I don't mean to be rude, but what were you smoking when you wrote this? Do you honestly believe that ordinary whites really give a rat's behind about grandiose notions of secularism, democracy etc. You really think average joe six pack sits down at his dinner table and really worries about the need for different faiths to live together and hence India must be supported instead of TSP? Give me a break.
CRS,

Why don't you try it before you pan it. As I said when you put it as freedom, choice and people living together peacefully, even Joe-Six pack understands it.

BTW you are doing the classic error of under-estimating the average American. IMO their sense of 'lacking knowledge' is often put on and cultivated. IMO they are are far more knowledgeable even about India than the average middle-class mammi. Just because they don't say something does not mean they don't know a lot. Fresh of the boat types typically fall for this and make a fool of themselves in Massaland.
Last edited by Theo_Fidel on 21 May 2011 20:12, edited 1 time in total.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Last few months i travelled through a few small towns US NW. Across many places i saw a better understanding in aam Joe. Even taxi drivers reminded me Pakistan was part of India before and same country. Moment he realized that, i sort of made apparent the differences now between the two. The neighbor hood India is in. The nuclear nexus between China-Pak, suppression in Tibet. Frankly i know it's not possible to go the whole hog in relations or explain things in toto. But i did feel there was amenability in the hearings. Many said India and US must come closer..so it's not all too bad. As someone mentioned it's some of these experts, remnants of cold war strategic thinking evident in forums like WAB that one has to address. Aam Joe believes what his experts tell on TV. Much like our own Aam Shyam. But it's very important not to be vehement or emotional. Sometimes a single point well told suffices towards a change of bearings. Thats already happening in the US aam Joe IMHO.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Pakistan ordered about a fifth of U.S. Special Forces trainers to leave the country as relations deteriorated
Washington Post Article
Between 25 and 30 trainers were “told to leave” in the weeks before the U.S. commando raid that killed Osama bin Laden this month
In what was likely to further complicate the task of repairing ties, the Pakistani English-language newspaper Dawn published U.S. cables, obtained by the WikiLeaks Web site, that depicted the Pakistani army chief’s approval of the U.S. drone campaign and his request, in 2008, for its expansion. Pakistan has long publicly denied approval of the drone campaign, and a senior Pakistani military official said the request had only been for drone-provided intelligence.
Meanwhile, a bomb attack on a U.S. convoy in the volatile northwestern city of Peshawar killed a Pakistani passerby and slightly injured two American consular employees Friday, in what the Pakistani Taliban said was a strike meant as revenge for the killing of bin Laden.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Theo_Fidel wrote: Why don't you try it before you pan it. As I said when you put it as freedom, choice and people living together peacefully, even Joe-Six pack understands it.

BTW you are doing the classic error of under-estimating the average American. IMO their sense of 'lacking knowledge' is often put on and cultivated.
I have when I was an FOB and really took all this moralistic crap that US doles out seriously. I was an argumentative Indian in the classic sense with a colonized mind. Of course, now de-colonized :-). It didn't take too long to realize I was making a fool of myself, and that they only thing American joe and joeann care about are lots of economic goodies, useless sports (actually its an obsession), their celebrities whom they worship like demi Gods, reality TV shows, exotic vacations, lust for power etc. Every other grandiose notion is secondary. Americans are the most brainwashed people, as brainwashed as casteist ppor folk in India who can't see beyond their caste. I'll leave it up to more erudite sociologits, philiosophers etc to prove if indeed democracy and secularism etc that US pompously preaches are indeed needed to achieve the kind of wealth and power Americnas have. I say no. What I mean is that if Americans can get the same aforementioned goodies I just listed, they couldn't give a cat's whisker of they are living under a communist system or under a dictator or in a secular democracy. In this sense there is a lot more common between Amercians and Chinese than is apparently obvious.

IMO they are are far more knowledgeable even about India than the average middle-class mammi. Just because they don't say something does not mean they don't know a lot. Fresh of the boat types typically fall for this and make a fool of themselves in Massaland.
Sure they know a lot. What Barbara Walters told them, namely, caste, cow/monkey worship, poverty, Taj Mahaaal, and by the way Jaqueline kennedey and Jody Fosetr got an elephant ride on their visit to India. And last, but not the least, India and Paaaakistaaan hate each other. Thats the extent of their knowledge about India.
hulaku
BRFite

Post by hulaku »

SSridhar wrote:Perfidy - from TFT
These are the ruins of an ancient Buddhist university in the Sharda valley, Azad Kashmir, only 100 miles from Srinagar. The university is more than 2,000 years old and was once considered the highest seat of learning in the land. Pilgrims came from all over India to pray and worship here, and the students here took courses in history, philosophy and moral reasoning. Even 1,000 years after it was built, long after it had fallen into desuetude, Al-Beruni mentions its abiding prestige in his Tarikh-al-Hind .

The university is situated on a mountain right above the Neelum River. Gray stone slabs of belief-defying proportions form the holy steps that lead up to the grassy campus, where today Pakistani soldiers do their pushups. There is, in the center of the enclosed grassy patch, an imposing temple made of the same gray stone. It once contained a holy statue. According to a local tour guide, it was the statue that was anciently revered by pilgrims and scholars. In 1947, when it became evident that this part of Kashmir would stay with Pakistan, the maharaja commanded the residents of Sharda to remove the holy statue from its place in the temple and lug it all the way to Srinagar. Now in those days the people of Kashmir were obliged to perform unpaid labour for the maharajah, and they despaired at the thought of lugging the heavy statue on foot through the twisting mountain paths. So the elders and numberdars of Sharda convened a meeting one night and decided to feign grief: they would pretend that they too were devoted, despite their Muslim faith, to the holy statue and couldn’t bear to be separated from it. Everyone was urged to weep; those who couldn’t muster real tears were instructed to put masala in their eyes.

The plan worked: in the chaos of the Partition the maharaja forgot about the statue. And, soon after their new freedom had been secured, the people of Sharda (now only Muslims) got together and threw the troublesome statue into the river far below to ensure that no one ever laid claim to it again.
Kashmiriyat in full flow. Nobody explained the concept of Kashmiriyat to me until I read this just now.
The people who did this were Punjabis or Pakjabis as they are referred to as here. Nothing to do with Kashmiriyat per say.
Sidhant
BRFite

Post by Sidhant »

CRamS wrote: What I mean is that if Americans can get the same aforementioned goodies I just listed, they couldn't give a cat's whisker of they are living under a communist system or under a dictator or in a secular democracy. In this sense there is a lot more common between Amercians and Chinese than is apparently obvious.
CRamS sir, isnt this common with most of the people. If the mongo folks get the kind of lifestyle they desire would anyone give a damn to democracy. Do you think Indian aam aadmi will give any more consideration to democracy if he gets the kind of lifestyle he desires. Why blame the any particular country for something which is human nature as far as masses are concerned.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Sidhant wrote:CRamS sir, isnt this common with most of the people. If the mongo folks get the kind of lifestyle they desire would anyone give a damn to democracy. Do you think Indian aam aadmi will give any more consideration to democracy if he gets the kind of lifestyle he desires. Why blame the any particular country for something which is human nature as far as masses are concerned.
Thats exactly my point, and hence attempting to influence joe six pack Americans about difference between India & TSP based on notions of "shared values" (democracy, secularism etc) crap is futile when its is clear that their strategic elite believe in India TSP equal equal as a way of advancing US interests.

Enough said, this is TSP thread. Reason all this started is because there is this snake oil attempt by US to cajole, charm, and force India into giving into TSP demands on Kashmir so "Al Queda" can be rooted out. This is the kind of warped thinking that we need to watch out for.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

Another anti India article.
http://www.economist.com/node/18712274? ... d=18712274
Pakistan and India
A rivalry that threatens the world
Pakistan’s dangerous fondness for jihadis, the Taliban and nuclear weapons is rooted in its fears of India.
You are big, so give them Cashmere, give them Afghanistan, give them Mumbai, give them your prepuce or they blow themselves up.
Gautam
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

Amber G. wrote:Daily Show - Some may find it funny to watch the first few minutes wrt Pakistan / Osama /Kerry's trip.
Link
Check the map of Pakistan in the backdrop of JS.. Am I imagining things OR is it for real??? :)

Hint: look at Cashmere region...
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

China has accepted Paki request to take over Gwadar Port after agreement with SPA expires.
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

Syed Shahzad: Pakistanis concerned their country has become a proxy battleground between extremists and the US. Splits in Pakistan's Military Over New Agreement to Cooperate with US

ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Harbans, Average Joe Sixpack feels betrayed at TSP harboring OBL. After Tora Bora they bought the line he was lurking in FAA badlands and all that. To be found and shot in Abbotabad almost a susburb of Islamabad is just not sitting well.

Soon they will start questioning their own guys after the euphoria of getting OBL phases out.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

^^^I sense a major change in the attitude of Joe-6-pee Americans re. their attitude to Pakistan. Earlier it used to be India-Pak equal-equal, extremists on both sides onlee. Now there is a sea change - now it is Pakis terrorists equal-equal onlee.

It is useless to get Joe-6-pee Americans to look at or even understand India's concerns - the smart thing to do is to channel those concerns in a way so that they end up being USA's concern too.
asprinzl
BRFite

Post by asprinzl »

If any of you guys look at it, the trouble is with the Indian rape-class sitting preety in Khan land. Many of them dine and party with Paki rape class. They see in the mirror and they look like Paki rape class. I am not talking about the regular NRI who does his/her 9 to 5 and collects his/her 60K to 90K before tax. I am talking about the Desis who rub shoulders with power brokers, media heads, industry tycoons etc and gets to make direct phone call to governors, Warren Buffet, congressman, senators etc. These guys dont do the needful things. These folks actually preach the equal-egual bullcrap high up there and pray tell how would it be possible to tell the Uneven Cohens of the world otherwise?
Avram.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

hulaku wrote:
SSridhar wrote:Perfidy - from TFT
The people who did this were Punjabis or Pakjabis as they are referred to as here. Nothing to do with Kashmiriyat per say.
How did you know that ?
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

“Brotherly” Kuwait bans the entry of the citizens of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

Is this act Halal? :
Kuwait bans visa issuance to five nationalities

Nationals from Syria, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan and Afghanistan banned from entering Kuwait

By Habib Toumi, Bureau Chief
Published: 15:54 May 21, 2011

Manama: Kuwait has banned nationals from Syria, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan and Afghanistan from entering the country, local media have reported.

The ban includes suspending all tourism, visit and trade visas as well as visas sponsored by spouses, immigration sources said, quoted by Kuwaiti media on Saturday.

They attributed the blanket visa ban to the "difficult security conditions in the five countries" and to "the remarkably increasing tendency of nationals from the five countries to apply for visas to bring in relatives who faced or could face arrest by the local authorities to Kuwait." ……………………….

Gulf News
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

g.sarkar wrote:Another anti India article.
http://www.economist.com/node/18712274? ... d=18712274
Pakistan and India
A rivalry that threatens the world
Pakistan’s dangerous fondness for jihadis, the Taliban and nuclear weapons is rooted in its fears of India.
You are big, so give them Cashmere, give them Afghanistan, give them Mumbai, give them your prepuce or they blow themselves up.
Gautam
Why concede to the Pakistani’s that their views have traction with third parties where none is evident?

Nowhere in the article has the Economist suggested that Jammu and Kashmir or Afghanistan be handed over to the Islamic Republic.
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

arun wrote:“Brotherly” Kuwait bans the entry of the citizens of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

Is this act Halal? :
Kuwait bans visa issuance to five nationalities

Nationals from Syria, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan and Afghanistan banned from entering Kuwait

By Habib Toumi, Bureau Chief
Published: 15:54 May 21, 2011

Manama: Kuwait has banned nationals from Syria, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan and Afghanistan from entering the country, local media have reported.

The ban includes suspending all tourism, visit and trade visas as well as visas sponsored by spouses, immigration sources said, quoted by Kuwaiti media on Saturday.

They attributed the blanket visa ban to the "difficult security conditions in the five countries" and to "the remarkably increasing tendency of nationals from the five countries to apply for visas to bring in relatives who faced or could face arrest by the local authorities to Kuwait." ……………………….

Gulf News
there are reasons some of these paki low lifes marry indian brides who have relatives in kuwait.somehow get indian aadhar card. apply for indian passport and go to kuwait. To go low where no one has gone before!!
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the Pakistani Role in Global Terrorism thread.

The Hindu on US Diplomatic cables leaked by Wikileaks regards Islamic Terrorism in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan’s heartland, Punjab. Note that links to the leaked cables are embedded in the article:

Pakistan's Punjab turning into hotbed of extremism, U.S. had warned
ManuT
BRFite

Post by ManuT »

asprinzl wrote:If any of you guys look at it, the trouble is with the Indian rape-class sitting preety in Khan land. Many of them dine and party with Paki rape class. They see in the mirror and they look like Paki rape class. I am not talking about the regular NRI who does his/her 9 to 5 and collects his/her 60K to 90K before tax. I am talking about the Desis who rub shoulders with power brokers, media heads, industry tycoons etc and gets to make direct phone call to governors, Warren Buffet, congressman, senators etc. These guys dont do the needful things. These folks actually preach the equal-egual bullcrap high up there and pray tell how would it be possible to tell the Uneven Cohens of the world otherwise?
Avram.
asprinzl
Even Diplomatic mission would do the same where it gets invited to events to which TSP is also invited. Can't throw fits there.

Unless provoked, I would suggest you do the same.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the Oppression of Minorities in Pakistan thread.

In the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, self claimed haven for the Mohammaddens of the Indian Sub-Continent neither the “Islamic Republic” nor the “Safe haven for Mohammaddens” tag is sufficient for Mohammaddens belonging to the minority Shia / Shiite to escape the depredations of their co-religionists.

Iran‘s ABNA reports:

Two Shia Brothers Martyred in Karachi

Meanwhile the press of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan seems to be going to great lengths to disguise the intra-Mohammadden sectarian aspect of these murders. Nowhere in this article by Dawn is the sectarian identity of the victims disclosed. A reader is left to infer that from the comment by the Jaffria Alliance which is a Shia Mohammadden outfit:

Two lawyer brothers shot dead in Mauripur
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Iniitally I wondered how anyone can drive to Pakistan in Europe every day until I realized that Britain is part of Europe. :lol:
Patni
BRFite

Post by Patni »

Barack Obama: US 'would repeat Bin Laden raid'
22 May 2011 Last updated at 04:37 GMT
US President Barack Obama: "We are respectful of Pakistani authority"
President Obama has indicated he would order a similar operation to that which killed Osama Bin Laden if another militant leader was found in Pakistan.

He said the US was mindful of Pakistani sovereignty but said the US could not allow "active plans to come to fruition without us taking some action".

The killing of Bin Laden by US forces in a Pakistani garrison town on 2 May strained ties between the two allies.

President Barack Obama was speaking to the BBC ahead of a European visit.

Asked what he would do if one of al-Qaeda's top leaders, or the Taliban leader Mullah Omar, was tracked down to a location in Pakistan or another sovereign territory, he said the US would take unilateral action if required.

"Our job is to secure the United States," he told the BBC's Andrew Marr during a wide-ranging interview.
The discovery that Bin Laden had been living there embarrassed the Pakistani military, and led to renewed suspicions that he had enjoyed protection from some members of the Pakistani security forces.

The Islamabad government strongly denied such suggestions and said the US raid had undermined the country's sovereignty.

A resolution approved by Pakistani MPs earlier this month said the country would "no longer tolerate such actions and a repeat of unilateral measures could have dire consequences for peace and security in the region and the world".

Pakistan has been a major ally in the war against militants in neighbouring Afghanistan.

But US-Pakistani relations have also been strained by drone strikes targeting militants in the border area in recent years.

On Afghanistan, Mr Obama said that while the conflict could not be solved militarily, raising troop levels had put the Taliban "back on its heels" in a way that could facilitate the brokering of a political reconciliation.

"Ultimately it means talking to the Taliban," he said, adding that the "Taliban would have to cut all ties to al-Qaeda, renounce violence and they would have to respect the Afghan constitution".