INS Arihant (ATV) News and Discussion -2

Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Re: INS Arihant (ATV) News and Discussion -2

Post by Rahul M »

chacko, why be reactive and try to tailor our own forces to others' perception. if our genuine secularism didn't change perception, naming of a ship certainly won't. it is self-defeating to think that way.
a ship is named so that it inspires its crew, any other factor is secondary.
in any case, navy rarely names something after a person and for that rare event to happen the person has to be inspirational otherwise. IMO it should happen in its own course, no need to force the issue.

btw navy does have a base named after the 2nd kunjali marakkar, who was a muslim admiral. my post last page seems to have gone unnoticed.
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

^^^ Your POV is right. However, what crossed my mind was INS Babur or Muslim "inspring name" (as you put it), nuclear submarine ptrolling Arabaian, Africa, Indian Ocean etc which constitutes the muslim neighbourhood sounds less threatening. Just think of it " INS "Muslim inspiring name" sunk PNS Mussharaff in Arabian Sea. Just that there are muslim inspiring names too.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

why should we try to make it less threatening ? we should make it as threatening as possible !! :P
ticky
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ticky »

What's with all these pish posh sounding high falutin names being bandied about, eh! I propose we renamed the arihant class as faquer class and the boats be named paki faquer, chini faquer.... and so on. Just my 2C :P. Back to lurk mode
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

See, the Navy is is about making a statement. Aircraft carriers, nuclear subs etc make statements. Another of the example is "Barack Obama" is a Muslim in the eyes of a large Muslim population.

US names like LoS Angeles, Califonia are not offensive names.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

and APJ was a muslim himself, not just a person with a muslim sounding name. even before that we have had more than one muslim prez. changed absolutely nothing about how the muslim world sees us.
seriously, I find no reason to even think of other countries while naming a ship of my country.

>> Aircraft carriers, nuclear subs etc make statements.
exactly, and that statement is 'don't f*** with me or else......'. that remains unchanged even if we call the ATV bunny-rabbit-1. there are other media to convey your goodwill to foreign nations, the name of a warship is absolutely not it.

>> US names like LoS Angeles, Califonia are not offensive names.
neither is arihant or kirpan. and yet that buys US zero goodwill in the muslim world.

simply put, the name of a warship has less than zero relevance wrt foreign relations.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

^^ +1
pralay
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by pralay »

These may be good names for next subs,

INS AriSanhar :evil:
INS AriBhed
INS AriDahan
INS AriNashak
INS AriVinash
INS AriKshapan
INS AriNivaran
INS Aparajita
vijyeta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vijyeta »

[/quote]

Yeah its Apabhransh of Kripan[/quote]

Maybe not.
'Kripan' is pronounced/spelt in Punjabi as 'Kirpan'
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

INS Araja :P
Chinmayanand
BRF Oldie

Post by Chinmayanand »

INS Indira ,the name alone will cause too much heartburn and pour gasoline into the paki musharraf. :mrgreen:
And no secular or pseudo-secular can oppose that.
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

Slight OT. Sanskrit names starting with Ari.

Adder later URL
Cologne Digital Sanskrit Lexicon: Search Results
1 ari m. v.l. for %{arin} below.
2 ari 1 mfn. ( %{R}) , attached to faithful RV. ; (%{is}) m. a faithful or devoted or pious man RV.
3 ari 2 mfn. ( %{rA} ; = 1. %{ari4} , assiduous , &c. , Gnm.) , not liberal , envious , hostile RV. (%{i4s}) m. an enemy RV. MBh. &c. ; (%{a4ris}) , m.id. AV. vii , 88 , 1 and xiii , 1 , 29 , (in astron.) a hostile planet VarBr2S. ; N. of the sixth astrological mansion ib. (in arithm.)the number six (cf. %{arAti}) ; a species of Khadira or Mimosa L.
4 ArI P. (%{A4-riNanti} RV. ix , 71 , 6) to pour , let drop: A1. %{A4-rIyate} , to trickle or flow upon ; to flow over RV.
5 Aric P. (Subj. 3. sg. %{A4-riNak} RV. ii , 19 , 5 ; pf. %{A4-rireca} AV. xviii , 3 , 41) to give or make over to.
6 aricintA f. plotting against an enemy , administration "' of foreign affairs L.
7 aricintana n. or plotting against an enemy , administration "' of foreign affairs L.
8 aridAnta `" enemy-subdued "'N. of a prince Hariv. 6628 (v.l. %{ati-dAnta} q.v.)
9 aridhAyas (%{arI-}) mf(acc. pl. %{-yasas})n. willingly yielding milk (as a cow) RV. i , 126 , 5.
10 arighna m. a destroyer of enemies R. v.
11 arigUrta mfn. praised by devoted men RV. i , 186 , 3.
12 Arih P. %{-re4Dhi} , to lick up RV. x , 162 , 4 (cf. %{A-lih}.)
13 ariha m. `" killing enemies "'N. of a prince , (son of Ava1ci1na) MBh. i , 3771 ; of another prince (son of Deva1tithi) ib. , 3776.
14 arihan mfn. killing or destroying enemiesN. Ragh. ix , 23. [88,1]
15 arIhaNa m. the first N. of the following gan2a.
16 arIhaNAdi a g. of Pa1n2. 4-3 , 80.
17 arijana n. a number of enemies Katha1s.
18 arijit m. `" conquering enemies "'N. of a son of Kr2ishn2a (and of Bhadra1) BhP.
19 arikarSaNa m. harasser of enemiesN.
20 arikta mfn. not empty Ka1tyS3r. BhP. ; not with empty hands S3a1n3khGr2. ; abundant BhP. iv , 22 , 11.
21 arikthabhAj mfn. not entitled to a share of property , not an heir , (in a verse quoted by the) Comm. on Ya1jn5.
22 arikthIya mfn. id. Mn. ix , 147.
23 arILha mfn. (for %{a4-rIDha} , %{rih} = %{lih}) , not licked RV. iv , 18 , 10.
24 ariloka m. a hostile tribe or an enemy's country L.
25 arimarda m. the plant Cassia Sophora.
26 arimardana mfn. foe-trampling , enemy destroying MBh. &c. ; m. N. of a son of S3vaphalka Hariv. ; of a king of owls Pan5cat.
27 ariMdama mfn. (Pa1n2. 3-2 , 46 Sch.) foe-conquering , victoriousN. &c. m. N. of S3iva ; of the father of Sanas3ruta AitBr. ; of a Muni Katha1s.
28 AriMdamika mf(%{A} and %{I})n. (fr. %{ariM-dama} g. %{kAzy-Adi} Pa1n2. 4-2 , 116) , belonging to or being on Arim2-dama.
29 arimeda m. a fetid Mimosa , Vachellia Farnesiana L. ; (%{As}) m. pl.N. of a people , Var2B-S.
30 arimedaka m. N. of an insect Sus3r.
31 arimejaya m. `" shaking enemies "'N. of a Naga priest PBr. ; of a son of S3vaphalka Hariv. ; of Kuru ib.
32 arimitra m. an ally or friend of an enemy
33 arin %{i} n. `" having spokes "' , a wheel , discus BhP. Ra1matUp.
34 arin %{i} n. see %{ara}.
35 arinandana mfn. gratifying or affording triumph to an eneny Hit.
36 arinipAta m. invasion or incursion of enemies Hit.
37 arinuta mfn. praised even by enemies Bhat2t2.
38 Ariph P. (p. %{-rephat}) to snore S3a1n3khBr. xvii , 19.
39 ariphita mfn. (said of the Visarga) not changed into %{r} Pra1t.
40 aripra mf(%{A4})n. spotless , clear RV. and AV. ; faultless , blameless RV.
41 Aripsu mfn. (fr. Desid.) , intending to undertake Nya1yam.
42 aripura n. an enemy's town.
43 ArirAdhayiSu mfn. endeavouring to gain one's favour , desirous of worshipping MBh.
44 arirASTra n. an enemy's country.
45 AriS Caus. (aor. Subj. 2. sg. %{A4-rIriSas}) to hurt , destroy RV. i , 104 , 6.
46 ariSaNya mfn. not failing , certain , to be depended upon RV. ii , 39 , 4.
47 ariSaNyat mfn. id. RV.
48 arisiMha m. N. of an author.
49 arisoma m. a kind of Soma plant MBh. xiv , 247.
50 ariSTa mf(%{A}) n. unhurt RV. &c. ; proof against injury or damage RV. ; secure , safe RV. ; boding misfortune (as birds of ill omen , &c.) , Adbh Br. Hariv. ; fatal , disastrous (as a house) R. ii , 42 , 22 ; m. a heron L. ; a crow L. ; the soapberry tree , Sapindus Detergens Roxb. (the fruits of which are used in washing Ya1jn5. i 186) ; cf. %{arI@STaka} ; Azadirachta Indica R. ii , 94 , 9 ; garlic L. ; a distilled mixture , a kind of liquor Sus3r. ; N. of an Asura (with the shape of an ox , son of Bali , slain by Kr2ishn2a or Vishn2u) Hariv. BhP. ; of a son of Manu Vaivasvata VP. (v.l. for %{deSTa}) ; ill-luck , misfortune (see %{ariSTa} n.) MBh. xii , 6573 , (%{A}) , f. a bandage Sus3r. ; a medical plant L. ; N. of Durga1 SkandaP. ; N. of a daughter of Daksha and one of the wives of Kas3yapa Hariv. ; (%{am}) n. bad or ill-luck. misfortune ; a natural phenomenon boding approaching death ; good fortune , happiness MBh. iv , 2126 , buttermilk L. ; vinous spirit L. ; a woman's apartment , the lying-in chamber (cf. %{ariSTagriha} and %{-zayyA} below) L.
51 ariSTabharman mfn. yielding security RV. viii , 1 8 , 4 (voc.)
52 ariSTaduSTadhI mfn. (= %{vIvaza}) apprehensive of death , alarmed at its approach L.
53 ariSTagAtu (%{a4reSTa} ) mfn. having a secure residence RV. v , 44 , 3.
54 ariSTagrAma (%{a4riSTa}.) mfn. (said of the Maruts) whose troop is unbroken i.e. complete in number RV. i , 166 , 6.
55 ariSTagRha n. a lying-in chamber L.
56 ariSTagu (%{a4rlSTa}) mfn. whose cattle are unhurt AV. x , 3 , 10.
57 ariSTahan m. (= %{-mathana} q.v.) N. of Vishn2u L.
58 ariSTaka m. (= %{a4-riSTa} , m.) the soapberry tree (the fruits of which are used in washing Mn. v , 120) Sus3r. ; (%{aka} or %{ikA} ,) f. N. of a plant VarBr2S. [88,2]
59 ariSTakarman m. N. of a prince VP.
60 ariSTamathana m. `" killer of the Asura Arisht2a "'N. of S3iva (i.e. Vishn2u).
61 ariSTanemi (%{a4riSTa-}) mfn. the felly of whose wheel is unhurt (N. of Ta1rkshya) RV. , (%{is}) m. N. of a man (named together with Ta1rkshya) VS. xv , 18 , (said to be the author of the hymn RV. x , 178) RAnukr. ; N. of various princes MBh. VP. ; of a Gandharva BhP. ; of the twenty-second of the twenty four Jaina Tirtham2karas of the present Avasarpin2i.
62 ariSTanemin m. N. of a brother of Gaud2a (= Arun2a Comm.) R. v , 2 , 10 ; of a Muni R. vii , 90 , 5 ; of the twenty-second Tirtham2kara (see %{nemi}) L.
63 ariSTapura n. N. of a town Pa1n2. 6-2 , 100.
64 ariSTaratha (%{a4riSTa-}) mfn. whose carriage is unhurt RV. x , 6 , 3.
65 ariSTAsu mfn. whose vital power is unhurt AV. xiv , 2 , 72.
66 ariSTasUdana or m. (= %{-mathana} q.v.) N. of Vishn2u L.
67 ariSTatAti (%{ariSTa4-}) f. safeness , security RV. x and AV. ; (mfn.) = %{aruhTasya@kara} making fortunate auspicious Pa1n2. 4-4 , 143.
68 ariSTavira (a4risht2a-) mfn. whose heroes are unhurt RV. i 114 , 3 and AV. iii , 12 , 1.
69 ariSTazayyA f. a lying-in couch Ragh. iii , 15.
70 ariSTAzritapura n. N. of a town Pa1n2. 6-2 , 100 Sch.
71 ariSTi f. Ved. safeness , security RV. &c.
72 ariSTuta mfn. ( %{stu}) , praised with zeal (Indra) RV. viii , 1 , 22.
73 arisUdana m. destroyer of foes.
74 ariSyat mfn. not being hurt RV. and AV.
75 aritA f. or enmity
76 Arita mfn. praised RV. i , 101 , 4 , &c.
77 arIti f. (in rhetoric) deficiency of style , a defect in the choice of expressions.
78 arItika am n. id. L.
79 aritR %{tA4} m. ( %{R}) , a rower RV. ii , 42 , 1 and ix , 95 , 2 ; [cf. Gk. $ &c. ; Lat. {ratis} , &27336[88 ,1] {remex} , &c.]
80 aritra mfn. (Pa1n2. 3-2 , 184) propelling , driving RV. x , 46 , 7 ; (%{ari4tra}) m. an oar S3Br. iv ; (%{ari4tra} [RV. i , 46 , 8] or %{a4ritra} [AV. v , 4 , 5]) , am , n. (ifc. f. %{A}) an oar (cf. %{da4zA7ritra} , %{ni4tyA7r-} , %{za4tA7r-} , %{sv-aritra4}) ; [Lat. {aratrum}.]
81 aritragAdha mfn. oar-deep , shallow Pa1n2. 6-2 , 4 Ka1s3.
82 aritraparaNa mf(%{I})n. crossing over by means of oars RV. x , 101 , 2.
83 Aritrika mf(%{A} and %{I})n. (fr. %{aritra} g. %{kAzy-Adi} Pa1n2. 4-2 , 116) , belonging to or being on an oar.
84 aritva n. enmity
85 Ariz A1. (1. pl. %{-rizA4mahe}) to eat up (grass as a cow in grazing) RV. i , 187 , 8 and x , 169 , 1 (cf. %{A-liz}.)
Tamang
BRFite

Post by Tamang »

INS Atikraman :P
Sean Rowe
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sean Rowe »

INS Indira or INS Rajiv :D
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

please allow me few words of yak yak,
Arihant in Buddhist religion means
One who is one footstep away from Moksha(Nirvana for purist) but come back for the benefit of mankind
see this name is sekoolar and holy and ancient.
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

That is a Boddhisatva, not an Arihant
Chinmayanand
BRF Oldie

Post by Chinmayanand »

Tamang wrote:INS Atikraman :P
That's not acceptable. Atikraman will be good for UAV's only.
Chinmayanand
BRF Oldie

Post by Chinmayanand »

How about INS 72 ? Bakis will lineup to get their 72 raisins.
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

merlin wrote:That is a Boddhisatva, not an Arihant
Saar Bhoddisatva is the enlightened beign as Lord Buddha
Arhant(see subtract i from the word) is normal human as Arjun
in Mahabharat who killed for the benefit of mankind not his self
BTW this is getting off topic, hence may i suggest the Off topic thread?
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Better not start naming ships based on people. Otherwise one day our sailors might find themselves on board the INS Manmohan Singh. The ship would have no offensive armament and would only be capable of alerting the enemy to the locations of all other IN ships before raising a white flag.
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

^No. INS Manmohan Singh will be so Chanakian that the sub will tell the Pakis that it has come to have peace and sightseeing in Krachi. Then the confused Pakis will have a big fight on whether the sub has come for sightseeing or to fight a war or to offer peace. And finally after many ships sunk and soldiers killed, they will surrender before INS Manmohan singh by waving a white handkerchief . That's the plan.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

niran wrote:please allow me few words of yak yak,
Arihant in Buddhist religion means
One who is one footstep away from Moksha(Nirvana for purist) but come back for the benefit of mankind
see this name is sekoolar and holy and ancient.
Arihant is used for Tirthankars and esp for Mahavir Jain. Destroyer of evil in the soul. Its in Jainism.

Those, who succeed in destroying evil of anger, greed, ego and deceit ,achieve pure knowledge, perception and infinite power.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

niran wrote:
merlin wrote:That is a Boddhisatva, not an Arihant
Saar Bhoddisatva is the enlightened beign as Lord Buddha
Arhant(see subtract i from the word) is normal human as Arjun
in Mahabharat who killed for the benefit of mankind not his self
BTW this is getting off topic, hence may i suggest the Off topic thread?
Niran , what you are telling is Arhat( in palli ) . It is used in Mahayana , rightly, as you say, a sect of Buddhism
tsarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by tsarkar »

However, I have a question. In our 'secular' country, why do we not have Sikh, Muslim, Christian or Jewish names for our weapon systems/platforms?
I had posted some years back on how IN names ships are named. The name should typically reflect the ethos & credo of the unit, institution, it role and its people. It has NOTHING to do with religion or ethicity.

As others have pointed out, language is independent of ethenicity.

We have INS Investigator http://www.hydrobharat.nic.in/pg_INV.htm continuing a distinguished lineage of survey ships. So there is no bias against Anglican names.

INS Delhi/Mumbai/Kolkata/Kochi/Chennai reflect the seafaring legacy of these cities, and continue a distinguished lineage of RN/RIN ships with same names. INS Mysore honours the valour of that state facing the British and the Battle of Colachel, where our hardy Mallu brethren kicked out the Dutch.

Rajput and Ranjeet honours valour and not ethnicity.

Submarines are named after deep sea levithans, since submarines run deep and strike lethal.

Amphibious ships are name Magar, Gharial, Jalashva (Hippo) that are powerful amphibious creatures.

Vikrant and Arihant are abstract terms reflecting capabilities, like HMS Dreadnought and HMS Warspite. You'll agree its apt for the role!

Coast Guard FPV are named after distinguished Indian women, and include Habba Khatoon, Chandbibi, Rani Jindan, Amrit Kaur, Annie Besant and Bhikaji Cama, to emphasize the role of women in nation building throughout history, irrespective of religion or ethnicity.

Added later - full list including Assamese and Kashmiri women, Indira Gandhi has slipped in using her Priyadarshini alias. Meera Behan and Annie Besant were Anglo-Saxon but played an important role in Indian history. Razia Sultana was of Turkish origin.

64 CGS Jijabai (22 February 1984)
65 CGS Chandbibi (22 February 1984)
66 CGS Kittur Chinnama (21 October 1983)
67 CGS Rani Jindan (21 October 1983)
68 CGS Habba Khatun (27 April 1985)
69 CGS Ramadevi (03 August 1985)
70 CGS Avvaiyyar (09 May 1985)
71 CGS Tarabai (26 June 1987) (new design)
72 CGS Ahalya Bai (09 September 1987) (new design)
73 CGS Laxmibai (20 March 1989) (new design)
74 CGS Akkadevi (09 August 1990) (new design)
75 CGS Naikidevi (19 March 1990) (new design)
76 CGS Gangadevi (19 November 1990) (new design)
77 CGS (new build)
78 CGS Rani Abbakka (new build)
79 CGS Rani Durgavati (new build)

221 CGS Priyadarshini (25 May 1993)
222 CGS Razia Sultana (18 November 1992)
223 CGS Annie Besant (07 December 1991)
224 CGS Kamla Devi (20 May 1992)
225 CGS Amrit Kaur (20 March 1993)
226 CGS Kanaklata Barua (26 March 1997)
227 CGS Bhikhaji Cama (24 September 1997)
228 CGS Sucheta Kripalani (16 March 1998)
229 CGS Sarojini Naidu (11 November 2002) (different design)
230 CGS Durgabai Deshmukh (29 April 2003) (different design)
231 CGS Kasturba Gandhi (28 October 2005) (new design)
232 CGS Aruna Asaf Ali (28 January 2006) (new design)
233 CGS Subhadra Kumari Chauhan (28 April 2006) (new design)
234 CGS Meera Behan (25 July 2006) (new design)
235 CGS Savitri Bai Phule (30 October 2006) (new design)
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

How about fish names from Indian languages?

Eg: would love to watch a Trivandrumese news headline that says "Malacca thuruth: INS Netholi polichadukki, China vyaaleedey koomb kalangi" (translation: "Malacca narrows: INS Anchovy did demolition-derby, dragon's liver made into smoothie")

Or "INS Hilsa, served piping hot at the finest establishments in Beijing"

no body can complain bout that? 8)
vic
BRF Oldie

Post by vic »

How about "Killer"
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

what is the meaning of "Arimardan"
saadhak
BRFite

Post by saadhak »

JE Menon wrote:what is the meaning of "Arimardan"
Vanquisher or slayer of the enemy.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

chackojoseph wrote:See, the Navy is is about making a statement. Aircraft carriers, nuclear subs etc make statements. Another of the example is "Barack Obama" is a Muslim in the eyes of a large Muslim population.

US names like LoS Angeles, Califonia are not offensive names.
USS Jimmy Cater is a boomer.

Rest of prezs got aircraft carriers names after them. Ford, Reagan and GHW Bush.And: USS WJ Clinton.

Obama will get something.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Next series after Ari can be Kaal series ,
Kaal
Mahakaal
Cosmo_R
BRF Oldie

Post by Cosmo_R »

@ChackoJoseph^^^ " Offensive" to whom?
@NRao. I thought USS Jimmy Carter was a Seawolf class. Not a 'boomer'. We're you kidding? :)
Shrinivasan
BRF Oldie

Post by Shrinivasan »

Cosmo_R wrote:@ChackoJoseph^^^ " Offensive" to whom?
@NRao. I thought USS Jimmy Carter was a Seawolf class. Not a 'boomer'. We're you kidding? :)
Wrong post, removing it...
Last edited by Shrinivasan on 30 May 2011 17:47, edited 1 time in total.
MN Kumar
BRFite

Post by MN Kumar »

Can we just stop this naming contest. Seriously this has become a timepass thread. Everyone knows that its upto the GoI in consultation with the IN to take a call. Admins please take note and if the forum members believe that BR needs to discuss these naming issue then please create a common thread.

JMT...
darshand
BRFite -Trainee

Post by darshand »

cheenum wrote:
Cosmo_R wrote:@ChackoJoseph^^^ " Offensive" to whom?
Jimmy Carter was an ex sub mariner, so an Ohio class boat was named Jimmy Carter, it was later converted into an Elint Boat.. also in the Presidential series, the next CVN with the EMAL launcher is going to be named USS Jimmy Carter (lucky president!). Dunno what boat they will name after Clinton?
Jimmy Carter is the third seawolf class sub. No Ohio class sub has been named after a person as far as I know.
The next CVN will be Gerald R. Ford and not Jimmy Carter.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

saadhak wrote:
JE Menon wrote:what is the meaning of "Arimardan"
Vanquisher or slayer of the enemy.
Generically yes, slayer and vanquisher, all Ari-* series is destroyer of enemies it seems like but each has different semantics

hant == to end
daman == to suppress

mardan == to trample underfoot (to complete destruction)

example Devi Durga is called Maishasur Mardani

Shri Krishna's dance on Kalia is referred to as Kalia Mardan

http://spokensanskrit.de/index.php?tinp ... =SE&link=y

============

We SDREs sure have a lot of names and subtleties to describe what we do to our foes. :mrgreen:
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Great News !!!

One new thread specially opened by me for naming the new nuclear submarine(s) of the Indian Navy

Click here: http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 6#p1100156

Hajaar Shukriya
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

tx Sanku
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Pics of the Russian Lada class sub: From Igorr's blog Defunct Humanity.

The reason why these are in the ATV thread is because it appears that the Sail of the two subs are similar, and one can see the various masts on the Lada's sail. Maybe comparable on the two?

tsarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by tsarkar »

No, Arihant sail will be bigger than the Lada to house equipment for the SSBN role.
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

DCNS India signed an indigenization contract under the Scorpene submarines programme

Flash Forge has developed titanium 6Al4V components for an approximately 20-tonne order of the Indian Navy’s Advanced Technological Vessel (ATV) Project INS Arihant.