Su-30: News and Discussion

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
vijyeta
BRFite -Trainee

Re: Su-30: News and Discussion

Post by vijyeta »

Rahul M wrote:looking at it again, it is a shot of a display board and the grey patch is reflection of something, possibly a model TEL type vehicle. I have a little experience with image editing to say that this is definitely not an outright PS-job.
The object in the ghost image towards the bottom seems to be the reflection of the SU30MKK(stick) HOTAS

Compare to this - http://files.air-attack.com/MIL/su30mk/su-30mkk_2.jpg
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

possible, if shot from inside the cockpit of another aircraft.
Shrinivasan
BRF Oldie

Post by Shrinivasan »

Can this discussion be moved to the Photography Dhaga!!??
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

FWIW

Right-clicking on the image in 'Opera' browser gave the following info :-
File change date and time: 2006:07:06 19:10:35
Image input equipment manufacturer: PENTAX Corporation
Image input equipment model: PENTAX Optio A10
Software used: Optio A10 Ver 1.00
Exposure time: 0.003125
F number: 5.6
Exposure program: 8
ISO speed rating: 50
Exposure bias: 0
Maximum lens aperture: 2.8
Metering mode: 5
Flash: 88
Lens focal length: 7.9
Custom rendered: 0
Exposure mode: 0
White balance: 0
Digital zoom ratio: 1
Focal length in 35 mm film: 38
Scene capture type: 1
Contrast: 0
Saturation: 0
Sharpness: 0
Subject distance range: 3

If it's a genuine photo then WOW i will have to consider trading my Canon for a Pentax :)

(Please delete/move post if not appropriate)
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

OK, could not find a photography thread, so taking this discussion to the international aero thread
Shrinivasan
BRF Oldie

Post by Shrinivasan »

Admins, can you delete these photography discussion from SU30 thread, thanks. or individuals can delete their post
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

I can scarce believe this. Image

Second African Nation to Operate Rambha.
Delivered July 8th, Ladies & Gentlemen > Uganda Air Force Su30 Image

The Daily Monitor: New Russian-built jet fighters arrive

Kampala

The Shukoi Su-30 fighter jets that government bought from Russia at $740 million (Shs1.8 trillion) have arrived in the country, military sources confirmed last night.

UPDF Airforce yesterday used one of the fighter planes to conduct test flights over Entebbe, sparking panic among residents with the din of the roaring engines.

People residing in or around Entebbe town said the deafening noise took them unawares and disrupted peaceful living. Lugonjo, Katabi, Kitooro, and Kiwafu were the most affected areas. Image

“I am a poultry farmer and earn my living by rearing layers. The jets being tested on Sunday and Monday caused a setback in the way the birds lay their eggs,” said Ms Rose Namagara, a resident.

Image Airforce Spokesman, Capt. Tabaro Kiconco, however, said the test flights are “normal and people should not get scared whenever we fly our aircrafts”.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

We should have retained full rights for MKI modifications, and our labs could have made it complete radar permeable composites, and internal RAM absorption or deflection design. MKI is a massive fighter that is to stay for long periods of time.. instead we chose the pak-fa route, jumping the gun. I think it is not late, still to consider getting rights to modify this platform to any which we want.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

That - IMHO - is not even close to the MKI. The one that is close to the MKI is supposedly the MKM (MalaysianAF).

India does have the IP rights for the MKI. However, Russia is free to substitute Russian or other vendor parts and sell that as whatever.

Does the MK2 come with canards?
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

I dunno if I read that anywhere having full rights on it. Perhaps only to those components we supplied and integrated parts.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

IP rights are NOT full rights. Yes, rights are for what India had funded. And these are pretty much what can be replaced by Russian parts.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

nope sir, mk2 is the PLAN version, (land based, not to be confused with carrier-borne su-33 knock-off J-15) and is derived from the su-30mkk of the PLAAF. china does not operate any canard equipped flankers other than the J-15.

from the OEM's website.
http://www.knaapo.ru/eng/products/military/Su30MK2.wbp
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Rakesh wrote:I guess they are allowed to fly after all…guess the only thing is you have to be a VVIP to get to fly in one. Wing Commander Sajan – who piloted the aircraft with Lt Gen A K Singh in the back – is the same pilot who flew President Pratibha Patil as well.

So now we have 5 *confirmed* people who have flown in the Rambha;

- President APJ Kalam.
- President Pratibha Patil.
- Admiral Arun Prakash (iirc…someone correct me if I am wrong).
- Lieutenant General A K Singh.
- The young gentleman from the Nat Geo program – Mission Udaan.
I did not know this one....No.6 on the list is Minister of State for Defence MM Palam Raju who flew in a Rambha on 21 March 2011 from Bareilly AFS. Nos 7 and 8 will likely be cricketers M S Dhoni and Sachin Tendulkar.

Pallam Raju flies in Sukhoi-30 MKI
http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp ... 557273.ece

prithvi

Post by prithvi »

Rakesh wrote:
Rakesh wrote:I guess they are allowed to fly after all…guess the only thing is you have to be a VVIP to get to fly in one. Wing Commander Sajan – who piloted the aircraft with Lt Gen A K Singh in the back – is the same pilot who flew President Pratibha Patil as well.

So now we have 5 *confirmed* people who have flown in the Rambha;

- President APJ Kalam.
- President Pratibha Patil.
- Admiral Arun Prakash (iirc…someone correct me if I am wrong).
- Lieutenant General A K Singh.
- The young gentleman from the Nat Geo program – Mission Udaan.
I did not know this one....No.6 on the list is Minister of State for Defence MM Palam Raju who flew in a Rambha on 21 March 2011 from Bareilly AFS. Nos 7 and 8 will likely be cricketers M S Dhoni and Sachin Tendulkar.

Pallam Raju flies in Sukhoi-30 MKI
http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp ... 557273.ece

wth...!!! pure political tamasha.!!! i support Dhoni and Sachin's ride.. i lost my opportunity to be an IAF pilot but let the younger generation be inspired.. but why Pratibha n all there jokers..?

by the he looks like .. Rakesh Sharma...

a little trip to memory... (sorry for being overtly emotional .. a little high now)

Shrinivasan
BRF Oldie

Post by Shrinivasan »

"safe jahan se ache" a proud moment indeed for all Indians, we shall better it by sending a manned space mission in our own space craft!!!
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

prithvi wrote:wth...!!! pure political tamasha.!!! i support Dhoni and Sachin's ride.. i lost my opportunity to be an IAF pilot but let the younger generation be inspired.. but why Pratibha n all there jokers..?
President Pratibha Patil is the Commander-in-Chief of the Indian Armed Forces.

If she wants a joyride in a Su-30MKI, she is getting one. Perks of the job.
prithvi

Post by prithvi »

Rakesh wrote:
prithvi wrote:wth...!!! pure political tamasha.!!! i support Dhoni and Sachin's ride.. i lost my opportunity to be an IAF pilot but let the younger generation be inspired.. but why Pratibha n all there jokers..?
President Pratibha Patil is the Commander-in-Chief of the Indian Armed Forces.

If she wants a joyride in a Su-30MKI, she is getting one. Perks of the job.
not sure if she wanted or mataji..
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

prithvi wrote:not sure if she wanted or mataji..
Who is mataji? I cannot keep up with the lingo :)
Nikhil T
BRFite

Post by Nikhil T »

Mrs Gandhi... also 'Rajmata'
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

it does not matter who wanted it. she is the President. she has the authority.
shukla
BRFite

Post by shukla »

Russian air force orders thrust-vectoring Su-30SM fighters
FlightGlobal
The Irkutsk Aircraft Plant (IAZ) is assembling two Sukhoi Su-30SM multirole fighters for the Russian air force, Alexey Fedorov, president of the controlling Irkut corporation, said. The pair will be completed and subjected to flight trials by the end of this year. The new version of the twin-seat Su-30 represents the baseline Su-30MKI with thrust vectoring developed for the Indian air force, but with modifications to meet Russian air force specifications, Fedorov said.
It is understood that the decision to procure the Su-30SM was inspired by the successful use of industry-owned Su-30MKI
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

shukla wrote:Russian air force orders thrust-vectoring Su-30SM fighters
FlightGlobal
The Irkutsk Aircraft Plant (IAZ) is assembling two Sukhoi Su-30SM multirole fighters for the Russian air force, Alexey Fedorov, president of the controlling Irkut corporation, said. The pair will be completed and subjected to flight trials by the end of this year. The new version of the twin-seat Su-30 represents the baseline Su-30MKI with thrust vectoring developed for the Indian air force, but with modifications to meet Russian air force specifications, Fedorov said.
It is understood that the decision to procure the Su-30SM was inspired by the successful use of industry-owned Su-30MKI
Shukla ji you left the most important past of the last line.
It is understood that the decision to procure the Su-30SM was inspired by the successful use of industry-owned Su-30MKI/MKM operational-standard prototypes during Russia's August 2008 conflict with Georgia.
hmmm, so the Su-30MKI has seen soem combat eh?
Shrinivasan
BRF Oldie

Post by Shrinivasan »

Aditya_V wrote:Shukla ji you left the most important past of the last line.
It is understood that the decision to procure the Su-30SM was inspired by the successful use of industry-owned Su-30MKI/MKM operational-standard prototypes during Russia's August 2008 conflict with Georgia.
hmmm, so the Su-30MKI has seen some combat eh?
There is no mention of SU30 or SU30MKI as having participated in the Russia-Georgia war of 2008. This is the first time I am hearing it. If RuAF is not operating MKIs, where did they get the MKIs to operate in Georgian conflict? from IAF? Or did they use production units for the war? I seriously doubt this assertion!!! on the other hand, I am happy with SU30-MKI being combat proven!!!
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Shrinivasan wrote:quote="Aditya_V"]Shukla ji you left the most important past of the last line.
It is understood that the decision to procure the Su-30SM was inspired by the successful use of industry-owned Su-30MKI/MKM operational-standard prototypes during Russia's August 2008 conflict with Georgia./quote]
hmmm, so the Su-30MKI has seen some combat eh?
There is no mention of SU30 or SU30MKI as having participated in the Russia-Georgia war of 2008. This is the first time I am hearing it. If RuAF is not operating MKIs, where did they get the MKIs to operate in Georgian conflict? from IAF? Or did they use production units for the war? I seriously doubt this assertion!!! on the other hand, I am happy with SU30-MKI being combat proven!!!
The article says industry owned Su30 MKI, It seems to indicate that Sukhoi Irkut owns a few and these were used in Georgia.
Andrei
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Andrei »

Photos of Irkutsk Aviation Plant.
http://bmpd.livejournal.com/38816.html
Chiefs, assembling Yak-130, assembling Su-30MKI (or MKA for Algeria), parts for Airbus, packed parts of Su-30MKI ready for shipping to HAL, flight testing.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Andrei wrote:Photos of Irkutsk Aviation Plant.
http://bmpd.livejournal.com/38816.html
Chiefs, assembling Yak-130, assembling Su-30MKI (or MKA for Algeria), parts for Airbus, packed parts of Su-30MKI ready for shipping to HAL, flight testing.
Nice indeed , Flanker fuselage dwarf every thing out there , they are planning to completely shut off military aircraft production at Irkut and will be moving to only manufacturing MS-21 there.
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

Thanks Andrei

Nice
alejandro_
BRFite -Trainee

Post by alejandro_ »

Nice indeed , Flanker fuselage dwarf every thing out there , they are planning to completely shut off military aircraft production at Irkut and will be moving to only manufacturing MS-21 there.
I have never heard of this before. Yak-130 production was supposed to be taken somewhere else, but not Flanker. Where did you read this?
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

alejandro_ wrote:I have never heard of this before. Yak-130 production was supposed to be taken somewhere else, but not Flanker. Where did you read this?
Here link
shukla
BRFite

Post by shukla »

'British Typhoons whacked India's Sukhois in joint exercises'
"Well, they lost," was Stephen Dalton's response when IANS asked how the Russia-developed India-manufactured Su-30MKI air superiority jets performed against the Royal Air Force's (RAF) Typhoons when they matched their wits during the joint exercises in recent years.

However, he was quick to add that the two aircraft are different in technologies, and that Typhoons are next generation, and hence there is no comparison. Dalton was interacting with IANS at the recently held Royal International Air Tattoo military air show at the RAF base here. The two aircraft were pitted against each other during 'Indradhanush' exercises in 2007 at Waddington in Britain and in 2010 at Kalaikunda in India.
Dalton also indicated that the IAF inventory of Sukhois, MiGs and Mirages are no match to the Typhoons.

"Nothing that India has got is anything anywhere near this (the Typhoon). I would say that absolutely. This airplane is phenomenally different in both performance and technology in anything they (IAF) got right now," he said.
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

Wg Cdr Parag Lall pushes Rambha's Blue-Burners to MAX > http://www.airliners.net/photo/1964071/L/

Rambha FULLY LOADED [HIGH RES] > http://www.airliners.net/photo/1964070/L/ Image

edit: I appreciated all your comments/compliments on my LCH shot on A.net,
as a request, if you can also please write your name below the comment there so that i can say Thank You personally.

Cheers Image
Vishal Jolapara wrote:
Ashwini wrote:Just 1 Q, how do you comment on the photos there at A.net ?
There's a Rating & Comments Bar below every photo, Like this: :wink:

Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

Why does the cone at the tail of the aircraft lift? Deploying parachute to slow down at landing?
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Vishal Jolapara wrote:Wg Cdr Parag Lall pushes Rambha's Blue-Burners to MAX > http://www.airliners.net/photo/1964071/L/

Sorry OT. Those beautiful blue burners and the description somehow spark off an image in my mind of something I like.
I am reminded of this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceYjg1dy-h0
Vipul
BRF Oldie

Post by Vipul »

Vishal today on airliners.com your photos have been ranked as second highest on viewcount. Congrats.
Vishnu
BRFite

Post by Vishnu »

Hi ... I flew back seat on the Su-30 MKI prototype in Russia a few years ago (Rambha ki ma) and filmed this thrust vectored flat spin all for fun ... Enjoy, Vishnu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKMS6zgVJww
Last edited by Vishnu on 10 Aug 2011 12:01, edited 1 time in total.
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

Vishnu wrote:Hi ... I flew back seat on the Su-30 MKI prototype in Russia a few years ago (Rambha ki ma) and filmed this thrust vectored tail slide all for fun ... Enjoy, Vishnu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKMS6zgVJww
ROFL, sideview mirrors.
saps
BRFite -Trainee

Post by saps »

If my gen goes correct this is called...

ROLL TUMBLE YAW....quite a nice name...
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

What is this braging about EF beating Mki?
kuldipchager
BRFite

Post by kuldipchager »

Bulshit.
SU30 is for better then any western fighter.This is a selling drama by the our loby which is supprted by french/british/usa.