Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): June 30, 2011

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): June 30, 2

Post by shiv »

shivajisisodia wrote:
The big question I keep worrying about is, that given the fact that an overwhelming majority of Indians dont really put national security and territorial integrity and preservation of our cultural and religious ethos very high on their priority list, how do you move forward towards accomplishing these goals ? I am afraid that people in India who pursue these goals within the current climate and current system will first face resistance and be promptly destroyed by masses of other Indians from within, way before the Pakis or our other enemies ever get to them.
Dhoti shivering about India and Indians is off topic for this thread.
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

Shiv,

Thanks for restoring the focus of this thread!
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

RajeshA wrote:The only reason I can think of, is that they wanted to strengthen her standing within Pakistani Establishment.
Rajesh, her 'strength' within the Establishment is directly proportional to her coziness with the PA. As we all know, the foreign affairs, especially the relationship with India, is run directly by the PA. She is never going to say or do anything that the PA does not want her to say or do. India can neither weaken nor strengthen her standing.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

Check the hottie

menon s
BRFite

Post by menon s »

The only thing that was good about MS.Khar was that she did not brag like how S M Qureshi used to do. That snob, always had a feeling that he was gods gift to humanity. I remember reading somewhere, SMQ visiting, Taj in Agra and saying, had it been in Pakistan`s hands, they would have managed the site better! Most Pakistanis do have the feeling that Juma masjid and Taj are part of their heritage, and hates it when people talk about that has Indian.
menon s
BRFite

Post by menon s »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thiyZXh2y9o
Somebody mixed bhang in shahbaz sharifs lassi! Did you know they all came from a family of pehlwans! :rotfl:
Venkarl
BRFite

Post by Venkarl »

saip wrote:Strange, but I find these photos in Paki paper. No comment about Siachen, illegally occupied by etc.

Snapshots from India: Training in Siachen

Link
Did you check this link on the same page? strange?
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

The Pakistan Army has been so embarrassed after Osama capture that it needed someone who can have
1. A face to mitigate the pressure on Pakistan when visiting other nations
2. A sacrificial pawn who can be shunted off stage at a moments notice
3. A face which signals a changed Pakistan with modern outlook post-Osama.

motarma has all the above qualities. People generally talk soft to a young lady. The usual warnings served to Pakistan about terrorists will still be delivered but the language and manner it is delivered may change. Secondly, being a young female, any collateral damage can be attributed to inexperience of a civilian women. finally, her attire,her age will give a signal that there is something new about Pakistan.

However,BRF instinct tells me that Pakistan Army and ISI are upto something very nasty and obnoxious.Rabbani is just a diversion to slow things down for people looking into Pakistan. Army & ISI are just waiting for the right moment to assert their image again. meaning: A new major terrorist attack on India or US interests in the region is in the pipeline.
Venkarl
BRFite

Post by Venkarl »

Altair wrote:.. People generally talk soft to a young lady.
We Indians respect women, so PA might now be experimenting a lady FM on Indians. Trying to play mohini on us? really? Goodluck.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

this particular choice of FM can be easily transformed into a H&D loss of GoP/TSPA among bakistan's majority MCP population. :twisted:
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

SSridhar wrote:
RajeshA wrote:The only reason I can think of, is that they wanted to strengthen her standing within Pakistani Establishment.
Rajesh, her 'strength' within the Establishment is directly proportional to her coziness with the PA. As we all know, the foreign affairs, especially the relationship with India, is run directly by the PA. She is never going to say or do anything that the PA does not want her to say or do. India can neither weaken nor strengthen her standing.
SSridhar garu,

Her coziness to the Establishment is a given, if she got this job. For MEA, it is of interest, with whom we can talk more comfortably.

You had this Qureishi guy, who used go for humiliating his MEA counterpart publicly, and through that he used to show what a strong guy he is. Now that kind of behavior was hardly something the gentlemen with the External Affairs Minister portfolio would appreciate. Nor was the behavior of this joker conducive to develop a stable channel of communication with the Pakistani Army. His very presence had a jarring effect on the diplomacy between India and Pakistan.

MEA is trying to develop Hina Rabbani Khar as the stable channel to Pakistani Establishment. Pakistani Establishment however would keep her in the job only if she is seen to deliver something on the H&D front with India. Any real concessions cannot be expected.

So basically MEA is telling her, she can take back home something to show, as long as you play respectful in public and convey MEA's messages properly to the Pakistani Establishment, and vice versa. More than that, we will even give you some H&D boost of your own through our media - as the "stunning beauty", the "gorgeous FM", wagerah!

What MEAs don't want is another nutcase on the job as Pakistani FM, who wins his laurels by insulting them publicly.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Question out of curiosity, post OBL i notice there hasn't been a single large scale terror attack on Paki cities ( barring Mehran,NWFP and Karachi test matches). Any reason why ?
Kamboja
BRFite

Post by Kamboja »

Altair wrote:... However,BRF instinct tells me that Pakistan Army and ISI are upto something very nasty and obnoxious.Rabbani is just a diversion to slow things down for people looking into Pakistan. Army & ISI are just waiting for the right moment to assert their image again. meaning: A new major terrorist attack on India or US interests in the region is in the pipeline.
Altairji, although I don't disagree, I also think this statement is true at any and all times when we are dealing with the vipers to our west. Every hour of every day, 1 or more nutters in Pakhanastan is plotting a terrorist attack on India, with some degree of ISI/TSPA sponsorship. Some of these plans are put into cold storage to be brought out at the opportune moment, but they are still there.

Your point still stands, of course.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Last night on NPR, I heard an interview that the experienced host Lisa Mullens had with some DDM dorkette Suhasini Haider from CNN-IBN. As superficial as the US media is just like DDM, on this one Lisa Mullens was full of class that with so many substantive issues to focus on, she was surprised that whole of India is going bersek on Hina's looks and sartorial preferencs. She was wondering what could have transpired between an elder statesman SMK and someone inexperienced like Hina, Basically, she was looking for some insight into the minds of the TSPA/ISI for putting out this Hina gimmick.

In response, Suhasini Haider gave new meaning to the phrase "argumentative Indian". First she couldn't control her thrill at being interviewed by a western outlet. She was even refering to the host through her first name Lisa as though she is her bosom friend (in contrast Lisa Mullens professionally refered to Sahasini as Ms. Haider), and she went on and on in a super-charged emotional tone as to what a successful visit this was, how Hinda swept everyone of their feet, the quality of her hand bags. Nothing, nada, zilch, on why TSP would put some duckling like Hina out to spin a web around the dhotiwallsh in Delhi, nothing about 26/11, 13/7 etc. Absolutely mind-blowing superficial nonsense. In fact, at one point Lisa Mullens interrupted and asked Suhasini about the issues discussed :-).

Seems to me that good section of Delhi elite would even have Hina as India's honorary PM :-). What a bunch of comical retards.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Suhasini Haider is the daughter of SSwamy...married to a (edited) Haider. Pic from her FB page.

AL: thanks guys for the correction.
Last edited by Gus on 29 Jul 2011 02:22, edited 2 times in total.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Ambar wrote:Question out of curiosity, post OBL i notice there hasn't been a single large scale terror attack on Paki cities ( barring Mehran,NWFP and Karachi test matches). Any reason why ?
I think even the regular singles and odd doubled have stopped. Are the batsmen playing and missing or is it a break time...
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

CRamS wrote: Lisa Mullens was full of class that with so many substantive issues to focus on, she was surprised that whole of India is going bersek on Hina's looks
This Mullens bimbo worries that Indians go gaga over Hyena's dress and that is a substantive issue big enough to discuss on American TV? Hilarious! :rotfl:

Seriously - did anyone think that there would be anything much to discuss when a Paki broad with zero knowledge is sent to India? Only the odd BRFite is taking her seriously - the Indian press are right on the money referring to her as nothing other than eye candy - which is all she is. Just because Pakis and some American think she should be more important to Indians does not mean that we should slavishly slobber over such an idiotically patronizing viewpoint and naively delude ourselves that the Hina broad could discuss "substantive issues" that this Mullens dame seems to know about :roll:

One unknown American woman discusses with an unknown Indian woman about a third unknown Paki woman and it appears on TV in America - to be faithfooly recorded on BRF! :lol: A non report of a non event being discussed by non entities.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

shiv wrote: This Mullens bimbo worries that Indians go gaga over Hyena's dress and that is a substantive issue big enough to discuss on American TV? Hilarious! :rotfl:
I wouldn't characterize her as bimbo, I tune into her show extensively. She did ask a legitimate question: what were the issues discussed?
Seriously - did anyone think that there would be anything much to discuss when a Paki broad with zero knowledge is sent to India? Only the odd BRFite is taking her seriously - the Indian press are right on the money referring to her as nothing other than eye candy - which is all she is. Just because Pakis and some American think she should be more important to Indians does not mean that we should slavishly slobber over such an idiotically patronizing viewpoint and naively delude ourselves that the Hina broad could discuss "substantive issues" that this Mullens dame seems to know about :roll:
In contrast, India media comes out looking like a bunch of fawning eunuchs. Instead of pummeling her on 26/11, there was comical adulation. No wonder ISI can use Indian media to rub salt over India's wounds.
One unknown American woman discusses with an unknown Indian woman about a third unknown Paki woman and it appears on TV in America - to be faithfooly recorded on BRF! :lol: A non report of a non event being discussed by non entities.
Why not? A news report is a news report. Lots of repors are posted here. This was another one.
Abhijit
BRFite

Post by Abhijit »

does it befit the citadel of islam that a true daughter of islam is sent to the den of sdre yindoos, where obviously the coward and ugly yindoo menfolk are slobbering over her? you can see the lust in the eyes of yindoos that are surrounding this glorious islamic woman. khuda na khasta, many of them must have touched her while they were in such close proximity on the pretext of security. This daughter of islam in the glorious tradition of fatima and ayesha and other glorious and pious islamic women of yesteryear has faced the libidinous yindoo men alone while the so-called defenders of islam are busy killing the taliban gazis that are purer than those who claim to do imaan, takwa and jihad fi sabillah?

where is the allauddin khilji, the glorious islamic gazi conqueror who forced the coward yindoo rajput to give a mirrored glimpse of his wife Maharani Padmini? Instead, now the yindoos are getting to see the daughters of islam in full uncovered face, without even the ruse of a mirror! khilji never managed to touch Padmini while the lowly securitywallah sdre yindoos of today are probably touching the pindliyon da gooda of this glorious islamic daughter. if this is not a defeat of the citadel of islam, i don;t know what else it is?
Theo_Fidel

Post by Theo_Fidel »

Nothing serious or substantive is coming from Ms. Rabbani. For once DDM is right in focusing on her handbag and shape of her buttock. From what I saw they simply did not take her seriously.
Hiten
BRFite

Post by Hiten »

gentlemen, please check the comment made posted by someone who called himself Mullah Nazir - either a pure-[in]bred pakistani or a BRF-ite posting from out of desh. Hoping for the former, though more likely to be the latter :D

http://www.shahid-saeed.com/2011/07/196 ... s-fiction/
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

The Hina Vishkanya was played to reduce Indian elite pressure on TSPA. This is to checkmate US trying indirect pressure on TSP via GOI.
Looks like it worked based on reaction in Indian DDM.
A Arun
BRFite

Post by A Arun »

Gus wrote:Suhasini Haider is the daughter of SSwamy...married to a Paki Salman Haider. Pic from her FB page.
Paki??? She's married to Nadeem Haider - son of former Indian Foreign Secretary Salman Haider.
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

Hiten wrote:gentlemen, please check the comment made posted by someone who called himself Mullah Nazir - either a pure-[in]bred pakistani or a BRF-ite posting from out of desh. Hoping for the former, though more likely to be the latter :D

I think I know whose posting style it is but I better keep my mouth shut. :|
Nihat
BRFite

Post by Nihat »

Theo_Fidel wrote:Nothing serious or substantive is coming from Ms. Rabbani. For once DDM is right in focusing on her handbag and shape of her buttock. From what I saw they simply did not take her seriously.
True that, besides how does any of this Diplomacy matters. In hindsight neither does S-e-S , Thimphu or anything matter as it changes nothing on the ground. TSP will unravel right in accordance with the policies it has followed all these years, no ammount of us talking or bending over will change that.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Altair wrote:
Hiten wrote:gentlemen, please check the comment made posted by someone who called himself Mullah Nazir - either a pure-[in]bred pakistani or a BRF-ite posting from out of desh. Hoping for the former, though more likely to be the latter :D

I think I know whose posting style it is but I better keep my mouth shut. :|
Some has done one better, check the comment by gazi gazanavi at the very end.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Abhijit wrote:does it befit the citadel of islam that a true daughter of islam is sent to the den of sdre yindoos, where obviously the coward and ugly yindoo menfolk are slobbering over her? you can see the lust in the eyes of yindoos that are surrounding this glorious islamic woman. khuda na khasta, many of them must have touched her while they were in such close proximity on the pretext of security. This daughter of islam in the glorious tradition of fatima and ayesha and other glorious and pious islamic women of yesteryear has faced the libidinous yindoo men alone while the so-called defenders of islam are busy killing the taliban gazis that are purer than those who claim to do imaan, takwa and jihad fi sabillah?

where is the allauddin khilji, the glorious islamic gazi conqueror who forced the coward yindoo rajput to give a mirrored glimpse of his wife Maharani Padmini? Instead, now the yindoos are getting to see the daughters of islam in full uncovered face, without even the ruse of a mirror! khilji never managed to touch Padmini while the lowly securitywallah sdre yindoos of today are probably touching the pindliyon da gooda of this glorious islamic daughter. if this is not a defeat of the citadel of islam, i don;t know what else it is?
"Kya se kya ho gaya, Samay ki maar se"

Indeed from Allauddin to Aurangzeb all must be writhing in their graves! 8)
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

ramana wrote:The Hina Vishkanya was played to reduce Indian elite pressure on TSPA. This is to checkmate US trying indirect pressure on TSP via GOI.
ramana garu
Despite the attention to her hand bag and footwear, no body took her seriously.
Please check CNN IBN sister site
This is a predominantly leftist site.

Even if it appeared to work, she will be forgotten within 72 hours after she leaves India. It would be like she never came. I do not see the need to attach anything significant to her.
She is only a distraction to people who want to pressurize ISI and the Army and I guess she failed. She will not be coming again to India.
Altair
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

CRamS wrote:In contrast, India media comes out looking like a bunch of fawning eunuchs.
For once you are on the money, well, sort of. Eunuchs don't fawn, they feign indifference to matters of the feminine kind. But I get your point. The Indian media (particularly the Toilet kind) is going bananas over HeeHaw's jewelry, hand bag and clothes like a bunch of adolescent schoolboys out on a picnic who have just discovered life outside their mediocre dumbed-down lives. This is giving the paki media the splits. They probably think that Indians are a desperate lot.
sanjeevpunj
BRFite

Post by sanjeevpunj »

Altair said: Even if it appeared to work, she will be forgotten within 72 hours after she leaves India. It would be like she never came. I do not see the need to attach anything significant to her.
She is only a distraction to people who want to pressurize ISI and the Army and I guess she failed. She will not be coming again to India.
Altair
^^^ I feel the same.She displayed her fashion, and her leaning towards visiting Mazaars. All that is fine, but did not hear any debates,discussions coming up, which India did expect to some extent.
sanjeevpunj
BRFite

Post by sanjeevpunj »

False UK passports made in Pakistan!
Source:http://www.hindustantimes.com/False-UK- ... 25973.aspx
Posing a major challenge to counter-terrorism efforts, making of forged British passports has been found to be the “most prevalent” in Pakistan with a US government agency recommending steps to check overseas travel by terrorists using such travel papers. The US Government Accountability Office (GAO), which sent a team to Pakistan and three other countries for field assessment, found gaps in four key areas — sharing of information on terrorists, use of fraudulent travel papers, passport issuance security and corruption in passport issuance and immigration agencies.The report quoted a former Pakistani official responsible for immigration enforcement to say that “fraudulent British passports are the most prevalent type of fraudulent travel documents in Pakistan”.
“Since British citizens are not required to obtain visas to travel to many countries, a terrorist could use one of these fraudulent passports to travel to many countries without further background checks”, the report, titled‘Combating Terrorism’ and presented to the US Congress last month, said.

India should also send teams to verify these and similar irregularities emanating from Pakistan.

Taliban burn un-Islamic cloth
A Taliban group in Pakistan on Tuesday burned a huge quantity of cloth taken from shopkeepers, saying it was too thin to be made into suitably modest garments
The Islamist extremists stormed shops in Wana, the main town of the lawless South Waziristan tribal region, which borders Afghanistan, and made a bonfire of the cloth in a public area near the bazaarShopkeeper Rahimullah Khan told AFP that at least eight armed men burst into his premises and took away bundles of raw cloth that they said was too thin to make respectable clothing.
A local official in Wana who declined to be named said the perpetrators were local Taliban.
Indeed the level of intelligence is going down further.Now the focus is on see-through cloth being used for burning bonfires. Amazing what ideologies can do to people.Gandhi opposed the British and refused to wear machine spun cloth, for a valid reason,it was affecting the earnings of poor weavers in India. Now after this Taleban burning see-through cloth, weavers of duppatahs and chunnis will be facing problems in selling their ware. Slow dusty road to Jahannum, thats where Taleban is taking Pakistan towards.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

ramana wrote:The Hina Vishkanya was played to reduce Indian elite pressure on TSPA. This is to checkmate US trying indirect pressure on TSP via GOI.
Indeed. She drew an equivalence betweem 26/11 and Samjotha. Not one rebuting question by DDM on that?
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

From all that I have seen about the GoIng ons with GoI & TSP, IMHO the strategy is one of "Strategic Weakness"! :mrgreen:

"Strategic Weakness" is all about trying to show that one is weak and respects the others strength. It is about blowing and boosting up the echandee of the other.

GoI keeps on telling Pakis - "Pakis, you're great sir jee! Toade warga te duniya ch koi dooja haiga hi nahin! Kya TFTA paraa jee! Te eh toadi madam FM. Arre maar ditta! Kya beautiful hai ji! Simplee stunninga! Aur style vekho Madam da! Unhade joote vekho. Unhada handbag vekho! Tussin jee mahan ho!"

GoI's response to Paki Terrorism: Aur Maska! - "Arre Bhai sahib, aap mujhe aise joote se kyon maarte ho jee! Tussin te saade maai-baap ho jee! Saade ton koi gustakhi ho gai kee? Ho gai te maaf kar do jee!"

Perhaps one way of seeing it is some kid of 12, 5 feet, in the neighborhood always does a salami of the neighborhood goonda, a portly guy of 25, 5 foot 6 inches. Now the kid pays his respects every time he sees the goonda, and once in a while he allows the goonda to kick him as well. But the kid is eating Bournevita and is steadily growing. When the kid is 15 and 5 foot 6 inches, he still pays respect. When he is 6 foot he still does a salami to the goonda when he passes him by. He does not fear him, but does not want to come late to his classes. The kid has become a man, who is really fit and now has a strength to boast about, but he still continues to say "Hi" to the gooda.

Some day the goonda will see that the other doing a salami to him is really out of place, because he is not in the best of years - he is getting old. His muscles are not worth showing. After sometime, he will himself tell the other not to do any salami. It is not needed.

The kid has long found out that if he wanted, he could give the goonda a bloody nose anyday, but why taunt the goonda. The goonda will get a bloody nose, but one would also spoil one's clothes. So simply let the goonda become your well-wisher, because as everybody else in town is now picking on the goonda and giving him a bloody nose, the kid continues to show deference.

Disclaimer: Not my cup of coffee though!
paramu
BRFite

Post by paramu »

CRamS wrote: The Hina Vishkanya was played to reduce Indian elite pressure on TSPA. This is to checkmate US trying indirect pressure on TSP via GOI.

Indeed. She drew an equivalence betweem 26/11 and Samjotha. Not one rebuting question by DDM on that?
Heena! Heena! Heena!
MurthyB
BRFite
Location: "Visa Officer", Indian Consulate #13,451, Khost Province, Afghanistan

Post by MurthyB »

RajeshA wrote: Perhaps one way of seeing it is some kid of 12, 5 feet, in the neighborhood always does a salami of the neighborhood goonda, a portly guy of 25, 5 foot 6 inches. **********

Disclaimer: Not my cup of coffee though!
Long ago I had thought of it as a kid growing up in a tough neighborhood. The other local kids keep taunting the kid, and never go to school themselves, but this kid is doing well in school, and teachers think he will go places. Kid is very big for his size, and could take on the hoodlums if he wanted to, but it would only distract him, give him a bad rap at school, and may bring his hardworking family into more danger. As it is they have to deal with crap on the lawn, theft, and vandalism.

In real life, this kid would go places, sell the place in the slums, and move into a mansion on the hill. In this analogy though, once the schooling is over, he will have to come back and kick some ass since moving out is not an option. Only rebuild into a mansion and put a large impenatrable fence around it. And have some local goondas working for you who can also do the needful when required, in addition to the mansion being well armed and secured.
shivajisisodia
BRFite

Post by shivajisisodia »

Shiv - This is a forum. People express views. You seem to selectively pick up views that contradict yours and talk as if you are a lone crusader who knows about Pakistan that othes have no inkling about.
Sir, I had no intention to portray myself as the "lone crusader" who knows about Pakistan that others have no inkling about. As you correctly point out, "this is a forum. People express views". I was merely expressing my views. Please let me know if any of my views, original or not (more than likely not original), bother you and I will try to refrain from expressing my views on the subjects that you find uncomfortable in a manner that you find uncomfortable.

I must say that I have had fire directed at me in the past in different venues and forums, when people have disagreed with my views. This is one of those rare instances when fire was directed at me, when I wrote something that you agreed with. :D

But its ok. I dont mind. After all, as Amartya Sen rightly said, we are after all, the argumentative Indians. And its all for good. All is good.
Shiv - Dhoti shivering about India and Indians is off topic for this thread.
I loved the way you put it Sir. "Dhoti shivering". That is a new one for me.Hilarious. :D

And very respectifully sir, you think the following point that I have made is also well understood ? Just asking. If you dont like this question either, sir, I will not push it. I am not here to offend anybody, sir.

That the citizens of the Republic of India, the overwhelming majority, do not put nationalism and preserving the integrity of our territorial boundaries , very high on their priority list ? And if this is true, considering we live in a democracy where majority vote chooses who governs, maintaining territorial integrity will continue to be a back burner item for Indian population and government, as priorities go, particularly, but not exclusively in relation to Pakistan, sir ?

Someone just mentioned to me, sir, that your objection is that this is not mentioned in the correct thread. If that is so, then, may I request the admins to either put it on the correct thread, or let me know what the correct thread is or if there is no thread suitable for this, please delete this post.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Meanwhile, we don't see too many 4's and 6's being scored in TSP these days. Why the sudden lull in scoring rate?
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

Gus wrote:Suhasini Haider is the daughter of SSwamy...married to a Paki Salman Haider. Pic from her FB page.
She married to the son of Indian Salman Haider.
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

CRamS wrote:Meanwhile, we don't see too many 4's and 6's being scored in TSP these days. Why the sudden lull in scoring rate?
Probably an innings break, but Karachi ODI's and Twenty20 are on. The score for last couple of days have been 30 - 40. Dronacharya has been doing its job too, the score was 35+ a couple of days. back.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

India is the revisionist power
Ejaz Haider. Taroor has got his chaddi in a twist. :lol:
Using this central benchmark — I make no attempt here to problematise this process — we have to concede that Pakistan lags far behind India in defining the core aspects of its nationhood. Not because India is not internally troubled, which it is, but because India has developed a centre that holds it together. The centre drives India and perpetuates the narrative, deflecting the world’s attention away from India’s musty underbelly: Abject poverty, very high levels of corruption, the near-absence of the state’s writ in the Red Corridor, terrible human rights violations in Occupied Kashmir, crimes against women and, yes, Taliban-style panchayats.
Let there be no doubt, however, that rising powers are always revisionist states. They challenge an existing power configuration by spreading their influence and power. China is one; India is lagging far, far behind but following the same paradigm.
Pakistan is accused of being a revisionist state, primarily vis-a-vis Occupied Kashmir. And a part of our self-loathing intelligentsia has accepted this bunkum. Pakistan has no designs on India but Kashmir is not a part of India. It is a disputed area and that fact is also accepted by India. Because this will be deliberately twisted by the ‘what-abouters’, let me clarify that I am not advocating a war with India, merely stating a fact.
The 1947 war began as an indigenous uprising in different parts of the then State of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K). It is a matter of historical record that Pakistan had no clear state policy on how to use force against India’s illegal invasion of J&K. The ragtag Poonchis and other Kashmiri groups, with help from tribesmen and some elements of the Pakistani military, managed to capture the territory which now forms Azad Kashmir. If they hadn’t, Pakistan would have today needed just the present size of its army to defend the northern salient.
The 1965 war was a mistake. Much has been written about it inside Pakistan. But there is absolutely no reason to be apologetic about making an armed attempt to get back territory in occupation of an adversary. Pakistan never violated the Indian territory: It crossed what was then the CFL (ceasefire line). The fact is that it was India that aggressed against Pakistan directly when it attacked across, and violated, the international border.
Please read the entire article.