Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): June 30, 2011

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): June 30, 2

Post by chetak »

Pratyush wrote:All is quite on the western front. This friday :(( :((

So far!
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

>>Hina belongs to one of Pakistan's landed elite, is enormously wealthy, and owns Polo Lounge, an upscale restaurant in Lahore. In 2010, though, she - along with 25 other ministers of Yousaf Gilani's cabinet - didn't pay income tax. Over the past few years, she has paid agriculture tax of (Pakistani) Rs 7,500 but nothing under the head of income tax.

Nice little datapoint. Therefore the article is not entirely useless. Wonder where they got the figures :D
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

its a pretty good place per tripadvisor ratings. here is the details
http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.as ... 004_pg7_18
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

From article linked by Singha on HR Khar's lounge:

>>>One of the most expensive dishes on the menu is the saddle prawn (Gambas stuffed with cheese, onions and mushrooms imported from southern France served with sautéed vegetables). This will set you back by Rs 369. Other specialties include the stuffed chicken (chicken breast stuffed with mozzarella and mushrooms, served with a creamy jalapeno pepper and mushroom sauce) at Rs 299 and the avocado and jocca cottage cheese salad (avocadoes, fresh button mushrooms, tomatoes, cucumber, cottage cheese in Italian vinaigrette on a bed of Iceberg lettuce topped with jocca cottage and parmesan) at Rs 349.

WTF? That's dirt cheap, for such a supposedly upscale lounge!!!

Some useful tidbits, meanwhile:

>>Ms Khar, 29, is a Grammarian and graduated from LUMS. She spent over a year at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst studying the hospitality trade and tourism and came back to her hometown with the idea to marry her two passions—food and riding—by opening the Lounge.

>>She is also the niece of the former Punjab chief minister Ghulam Mustafa Khar. Ms Khar did not shy from talking about her new career now as a member of the National Assembly. “It is extremely challenging,” she said of being a woman in parliament. “It is prejudiced and you can’t escape the feeling you’re constantly being patronised.”

>>Surprisingly, Ms Khar does not cook herself (that department is left to Ms Ramday). Her sister Aneela, a lawyer by training, has her own catering business.

And now (7 years later) she is foreign minister! :D
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

JE Menon wrote:From article linked by Singha on HR Khar's lounge:

>>>One of the most expensive dishes on the menu is the saddle prawn (Gambas stuffed with cheese, onions and mushrooms imported from southern France served with sautéed vegetables). This will set you back by Rs 369. Other specialties include the stuffed chicken (chicken breast stuffed with mozzarella and mushrooms, served with a creamy jalapeno pepper and mushroom sauce) at Rs 299 and the avocado and jocca cottage cheese salad (avocadoes, fresh button mushrooms, tomatoes, cucumber, cottage cheese in Italian vinaigrette on a bed of Iceberg lettuce topped with jocca cottage and parmesan) at Rs 349.

WTF? That's dirt cheap, for such a supposedly upscale lounge!!!
Some useful tidbits, meanwhile:

>>Ms Khar, 29, is a Grammarian and graduated from LUMS. She spent over a year at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst studying the hospitality trade and tourism and came back to her hometown with the idea to marry her two passions—food and riding—by opening the Lounge.

>>She is also the niece of the former Punjab chief minister Ghulam Mustafa Khar. Ms Khar did not shy from talking about her new career now as a member of the National Assembly. “It is extremely challenging,” she said of being a woman in parliament. “It is prejudiced and you can’t escape the feeling you’re constantly being patronised.”

>>Surprisingly, Ms Khar does not cook herself (that department is left to Ms Ramday). Her sister Aneela, a lawyer by training, has her own catering business.

And now she is foreign minister! :D
Are those prices in Worthless Paki Rupees!! Even Sarvana Bhavan type resturants in Chennai are more costly.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

It seems they are in Pak rupees... I mean, seriously, €3-4 for these dishes? Hell, even if they missed a zero at the end it would still be "reasonable" in many EU countries - nothing like "elite"!

Meanwhile, note that the author of the article is a cousin of HR Khar :rotfl: ... minor league back-scratching going on :roll:
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

The days are numbered for these HRK-type elites. The flowing beards with piety oozing out of all pores of their body are waiting in the wings to assume their rightful place. AoA and all that.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

man.... despite hoary nair-tea shop antecedents, SSMenon et al have to pass IFS and trench it out in remote parts of globe. And there she is, running a South Indian style "military hotel" to become an FM.

Those who go ga-ga on "Amirkhan Dreams"..... y'all eat shitake mushrooms. Old Hernia Rub-Annie has done better.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

chetak wrote:Moronic DDM :roll:

High on fashion: Birkin, pearls a few of Pakistan foreign minister's favourite things

Her oversized Hermes black Birkin bag was among the top trending items on Twitter on Wednesday as India's Khar-ites contemplated the purported Rs 17-lakh price tag. She alighted on Tuesday in a blue tunic-pants ensemble teamed up with pricey South Sea pearls glistening at her neck and ears and Roberto Cavalli shades covering half her face.
This is bullshit. 99% of Indians and that includes me and my immediate family have never heard of Hermes/Birkin or Cavllii or whatever. If she had worn a T-shirt showing her cavorting with Salman Khan/Hritik Roshan then 99% of Indians would have slobbered, except for BRF where some would have glowered. No one even knows these brands in India and there really is no one to slobber.

This is the most fractal recursive of Macaulayite fractal recursives. Here is a Paki beggar paying big money for obscure unheard of weshtren brands and a paper reporting that as if people actually understand what is being mentioned. Not sure who is the most foolish in the group.
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

Quetta: Shia Pilgrims bus attacked at Saryab Road Quetta. 7 killed, 8 injured.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

From Khaled Ahmed's article in TFT - 'Strategies of creating chaos'
In the war which the militants are winning no sensible person will think of reconciliation. Yes, capitulation is possible because that is what the militants are offering if you want to stay alive. The dialogue with Al Qaeda and its minions will be based on Al Zawahiri's critique of the Constitution to which Pakistan has no answer because it is endorsed and is being distributed in the form of an alternative Constitution by the madrassa network of Pakistan.
Will Pakistan change a dot in its policy to dominate Afghanistan through the Pashtun Taliban? The answer is no.
Pakistan is creating chaos - somewhat like the Iraqis under occupation - because America wants order in nuclear Pakistan. And Pakistani politicians are creating chaos because the Pakistan Army wants to create order while itself creating chaos against America. No one is interested in creating an order that could respect the interests of all the stakeholders.

The only solution that is possible is the one that the world is favouring but which Pakistan rejects because the solution assumes acceptance of American global hegemony in league with India whose military power is seen by Rawalpindi as that of a regional hegemon. By creating chaos within itself Pakistan will deprive both America and India of their goals.
Kanson
BRF Oldie

Post by Kanson »

Aditya_V wrote:Are those prices in Worthless Paki Rupees!! Even Sarvana Bhavan type resturants in Chennai are more costly.
Nope, this one you can get it for 220/- INR.
the avocado and jocca cottage cheese salad (avocadoes, fresh button mushrooms, tomatoes, cucumber, cottage cheese in Italian vinaigrette on a bed of Iceberg lettuce topped with jocca cottage and parmesan) at Rs 349.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Kanson wrote:
Aditya_V wrote:Are those prices in Worthless Paki Rupees!! Even Sarvana Bhavan type resturants in Chennai are more costly.
the avocado and jocca cottage cheese salad (avocadoes, fresh button mushrooms, tomatoes, cucumber, cottage cheese in Italian vinaigrette on a bed of Iceberg lettuce topped with jocca cottage and parmesan) at Rs 349.
and what 349 PKR, something like 185 INR. So its basically preety cheap.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

so the maal in the khana is local and naat impaarted?
BhairavP
BRFite

Post by BhairavP »

^7 years ago, those were the prices. The 420% inflation since then would surely have contributed to a rise,no?
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

Lalmohan wrote:so the maal in the khana is local and naat impaarted?
local onlee. cant call stuff that falls off NATO trucks as "imported".
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

you mean they've been shopping at talibanmart?
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

Pakistan's Middle Class Extremists - Foreign Affairs
Yet there is no evidence that economic development changes attitudes toward violent militant groups, or even that it is the poor whose attitudes are problematic. A number of scholars, including Claude Berrebi, Alberto Abadie, and Alan Kreuger and Jitka Malečková, have found that people who join terrorist groups are predominantly from middle-class or wealthy families.
Third, poor Pakistanis nationwide disliked the militant groups about two times more than middle class Pakistanis, who were mildly positive toward the groups. We suspect that this is because much of Pakistan’s militant violence is concentrated in poorer areas and in the bazaars and mosques where less affluent people sell goods, shop, and pray. In addition to being in more physical danger than the rich, the poor are at more of an economic risk from attacks, and income losses are more consequential for them. Wealthier people often have servants run errands to bazaars, and when they do personal shopping they are likelier to do so in upscale stores in their own neighborhoods, which are safer.
Pardon me if it had been posted earlier. One of the author of this article is Christine Fair.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

If some Paki does the Peacock dance and show off how rich they are, then one should simply ask, "how much tax do you pay?" And then tell them your driver pays more tax, so they can't be rich!
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

I won't be surprised if ToI is using the opportunity for "product placement" - and is charging these brands' local marketing offices. Won't put it past them.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

>>>local onlee. cant call stuff that falls off NATO trucks as "imported".

:rotfl:
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

anishns wrote: Honour killings: Man guns down six daughters
Nothing new....just another feather in pakhanastan's cap!
Feel bad for the women :roll:
Dont feel bad. This has happened in front of the mother, yet the mother didn't do anything. A mother would put herself first in front of the gun.

Many muslim woman too believe in this crap.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

We no longer faithfully post Nuggets from TFT. Here are a few on PNS Mehran.
Pakistan cracks the PNS Mehran case
PNS Mehran raiders were not circumcised!

Proving that Mehran base attacks were carried by foreign countries, the investigating agencies were quoted in Jinnah as saying that the two raiders killed in the operation were found to be uncircumcised which proved that they were Hindus. Two other terrorists had blown themselves up and since their bodies were blown to pieces it was not possible to find their sexual organs to confirm whether they too were circumcised.
Raymond Davis's friends did Mehran attack!

Famous strategist of global renown and ex-ISI boss Hameed Gul told Nawa-e-Waqt that the gang that attacked PNS Mehran were friends of Raymond Davis whom Pakistan had earlier released. America, Israel and India want to deprive us of our nukes, he said. Hafiz Saeed seconded him saying that had Raymond Davis not been released the attack on Mehran too could not have happened.
India destroyed our Orions!

Famous columnist Hamid Mir wrote in Jang that when India attacked Lahore Railway Station, it had retaliated for the 1993 attacks in Mumbai. It attacked Shaukat Khanum Hospital in 1996 and had now attacked in 2011 to destroy the Orion aircraft in Mehran Base in Karachi.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

A Pakistani records his Indian visit
On our way, I initiated a conversation with the driver. It turned out that he was a Punjabi who had been living in Delhi all his life. When I told him I was from Lahore, he got excited and expressed his desire to see the city. However, soon he added that he doesn't want to come to Pakistan. He said that Pakistan is a terrorist country, and the only reason why there is terrorism in India is because of Pakistan. He told me that Pakistan should be ostracized from the international community because of its state sponsored terrorism. I admit to not subscribing to a patriotic-nationalistic view point, and I criticize the involvement of the Pakistani authorities in India and other states, but as the auto-driver continued with his Pakistan-bashing, I felt angered, even hurt. "You never should have mentioned that you are from Pakistan," Madeeha later told me. Interestingly, at the end of the conversation, the auto driver said that he would like to visit Lahore but not Pakistan. :)
Our stay in Delhi was an emotional rollercoaster. Whereas being part of the play instilled pride in me, there were other times when I felt embarrassment, anger and fear. I got out of my hotel one afternoon to make a phone call back home. I walked into an STD (PCO in the Pakistani context) that was situated in the basement of a shop next to the hotel. I asked the man sitting behind the counter if I could make a phone call abroad. The old man, sitting next to a younger one, pointed out to a small booth and asked me to call. I dialed 00920423... and started waiting for the tone. Suddenly the old man jumped into the booth and asked me loudly where I was calling. I told him Pakistan. He shouted at me to shut the phone immediately. :) I had no other choice. The younger man accompanying him behind the counter, who was calmer, asked for some sort of identification. I told him that I was staying at the hotel next to his shop, and that my passport was there. He told me that I couldn't make the phone call without the passport. I walked out of the shop, too angry to come back with the passport. I didn't want to be humiliated again, so I refused to try my luck with another STD.
There were Indians from various parts of the countries; dark-complexioned Indians from the South, Chinese-looking Buddhists and white Westerners. India, unlike Pakistan, is a tourist-friendly country, but how friendly it is of Pakistanis, I thought to myself? I avoided looking the guards at the monument in the eye, fearing they would detect my Pakistaniyat. :) A couple of years ago traffic used to pass around the monument, but then it was closed after terrorist threats. Where do these terrorists come from? From 092...!
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

seems there is a place called Coco's Den in heera mandi lahore, right next to badshahi mosque. internal and rooftop seating with good view of the city. I think its quite an institution among NRPs and foreign tourists...projects an atmosphere of bohemianism with replicas of some gandhara sculptures incl disrobed greek style statues and headless buddhas (heads obviously chopped off by some ancient faithful)

http://www.groupin.pk/blog/coocos-den-c ... th-rs-650/
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/pakistan/pu ... o-den-cafe

overall, lahore looks like dilli of 1980s with wide roads and service roads along the sides, atleast in the parts one sees in skyscrapercity.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Pratyush wrote:All is quite on the western front. This friday :(( :((
This is not fridin special, but still.
Four persons killed in Karachi, 24 suspects rounded up
At least four more persons were killed in different incidents of violence in city here on Friday. According to details, an unidentified man shot dead a man Subhan, near Sindhi hotel in New Karachi area.
In another incident a young man was gunned down in Orangi Town number-10. Firing in Rahim Shah Colony, Urdu Chowk and Faiz Alam Colony were also reported to hear.
shivajisisodia
BRFite

Post by shivajisisodia »

shiv wrote:
shivajisisodia wrote: Someone just mentioned to me, sir, that your objection is that this is not mentioned in the correct thread. If that is so, then, may I request the admins to either put it on the correct thread, or let me know what the correct thread is or if there is no thread suitable for this, please delete this post.
Not only was it not in the correct thread - you also used an age old trick to put it in this thread in a manner that was probably unintentional, or at least you did not do with malicious intent. You played the "Cow is tied to coconut tree" trick. A student prepares to write about the cow in an exam, but the question paper asks him to write about the coconut tree, so he writes "The cow is tied to the coconut tree.." and then proceeds to write about the cow.

You are upset at Indians and their lack of nationalism, so you attribute excessive strength to Pakistan and a relative weakness to India as a consequence of Pakistan's strength, and then you invite people to a debate on how to change things in India. All this on a thread dedicated to Pakistan and Pakistan alone. That is the "Cow is tied to coconut tree" trick
Thank you, sir. It is clearly unintentional, as no rational person would want to put up their thoughts on a thread where those thoughts are not only least likely to get attention, but also get devalued, not to mention disrupt others.

But I must respond to you in this way. I didnt say nor do I mean to say that India is relatively weak compared to Pakistan. Only, that given India's many advantages, it could have been relatively so strong that it could totally have subsumed Pak, and has the potential to yet do so, despite a nuclear standoff. Nor am I atributing this relative weakness of India to anything that Pakistan has done to India, it is all India 's doing. My only point is that Pakistan has taken full advantage of India not playing anywhere close to its potential and itself played far above its potential, no question, by following the old Hindu axiom of "Sam, Dam, Dand," and throwing in their own Paki brand of double talk, govelling, licking boots, back stabbing in the mix, along with the Islamic tenets of deception, jihad and extreme violence.

The only purpose of any debate is how to change things.

By the way, you never did mention which thread all this should go into. I have been going through many threads here and am very unsure where this may belong to. I dont want to make the same mistake by again posting this in yet another wrong thread.
sanjeevpunj
BRFite

Post by sanjeevpunj »

Our minister is scared about shaking hands with the lady? Cautious approach!
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

he is afraid that its a mijjile bheriphicashun bilateral CBM
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

he already looks like some EULA/CISMOA thing is in progress - deeply uncomfortable.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

If Hina were to visit US, would US media also go berserk about hr looks and dress etc, or would they treat her with the contempt they reserve for her country and ask hard-nosed questions about OBL enjoying ISI hospitality?
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

sanjeevpunj wrote:Our minister is scared about shaking hands with the lady? Cautious approach!
One never knows where that hand has been or whose hand it has shaken.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

shivajisisodia wrote: By the way, you never did mention which thread all this should go into. I have been going through many threads here and am very unsure where this may belong to. I dont want to make the same mistake by again posting this in yet another wrong thread.
There are dozens of threads. Try the hijab forum - it has some other name - general discussions or something like that.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

anupmisra wrote:
sanjeevpunj wrote:Our minister is scared about shaking hands with the lady? Cautious approach!
One never knows where that hand has been or whose hand it has shaken.
Or, for that matter whether it has been paalishing mijjiles.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

CRamS wrote:If Hina were to visit US, would US media also go berserk about hr looks and dress etc, or would they treat her with the contempt they reserve for her country and ask hard-nosed questions about OBL enjoying ISI hospitality?
In short, yes. The liberal media here would go all over town to promote that beacon of modernity and Islam. NYT and LAT would have full page spreads extolling how liberal that nation has become since bebe bhutto. No one will dare (except maybe Fox) to ask her pointed questions for the fear of pushing her over the edge.
Kanson
BRF Oldie

Post by Kanson »

Kanson wrote:
Aditya_V wrote:and what 349 PKR, something like 185 INR. So its basically preety cheap.
Oops..it is Chennai price. In Mumbai and Hyd it is costlier. Dont know about New Delhi. All these ingredients you can get in local market and make the dish in your kitchen. For ex. imported lettuce is around INR 20/piece in local market. Anyway it is just a salad. For me Rs. 350 and even 200 is bit rich for a salad. For the price, if it is home made, it can serve four people.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

He said that Pakistan is a terrorist country, and the only reason why there is terrorism in India is because of Pakistan. He told me that Pakistan should be ostracized from the international community because of its state sponsored terrorism.
Suddenly the old man jumped into the booth and asked me loudly where I was calling. I told him Pakistan. He shouted at me to shut the phone immediately.
So, even aam-aadmi now knows about Pakistaniyat..
Fidel Guevara
BRFite

Post by Fidel Guevara »

CRamS wrote:If Hina were to visit US, would :twisted: US media also go berserk about hr looks and dress etc, or would they treat her with the contempt they reserve for her country and ask hard-nosed questions about OBL enjoying ISI hospitality?
I would like to see her on C-Span in a policy discussion with a few heavyweights from State. You know, the 30-year career veterans who have seen every posting from Bulgaria to Burkina-Faso.

She will probably visit and have "discussions" with the likes of Palin if she goes to the US - toss-up as to who knows more about foreign "affairs".

Anyway, Marvi Memon, please move to the back of the bus, there's a new Pakbebe in town.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Speaking of clothes, that suit which our FM is wearing looks supremely expensive. The cut is so fine its ridiculous. Probably enough to buy the Khar feudal lands. Probably only a little less costly than his wig :D
Nandu
BRF Oldie

Post by Nandu »

sum wrote:
Suddenly the old man jumped into the booth and asked me loudly where I was calling. I told him Pakistan. He shouted at me to shut the phone immediately.
So, even aam-aadmi now knows about Pakistaniyat..
Must be regulations. He doesn't want to be picked up by police after a terrorist incident for inadvertently helping the terrorists.