Telangana Monitor

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Re: Telangana Monitor

Post by vishvak »

Hello,

I would like to add my 2 paisa here as a side note. What I make out of INC is that INC sees to it that the core of the top remains clean. With time INC will keep the show of the 'chalta hai' attitude (not for its core though) when all of its allies one by one will fall for it at different times and places. Then INC will begin slowly let CBI etc do their job, take as much credit as possible while at it, but in a manner that the allies are in no position to bargain nor to point/accuse anything. In this manner, the credibility of allies decreases at the cost of the remaining secular INC.

A key idea here is that is national institutions like CBI/CAG works well, it is the nation that gets credit. In the absence of CBI/CAG unable/don't work, it is the INC that takes credit for everything over time and place. For example, a Chief Justice of India, who authored a judgment guaranteeing CBI autonomy, says here clearly (http://www.indianexpress.com/news/incre ... i/445568/0) about his doubts of supposed-inability-of CBI to do the duty. The same can be said of many such institutions.

Another example is the next Jan Lokpal Bill that would come along the way. As in Karnataka, the lokpal will be slowed down by INC to gain the maximum mileage while media will ignore mention of INC/allies as convenient. When lokpal, as an example, at state/nation level starts working efficiently, it is the nation that gets credit, not political parties.

What I want to put forth is that a lot of corruption and problems are because of this gray areas where people in the national organizations do not work well, or work only as per direction of ruling party regardless of available mandate/autonomy and claim that they are helpless.

These corrupt people are eating into national efficiency, credit and credibility for political gains.

A pertinent question could be therefore, according to me, has national credibility increased by such national organizations that are run by people's money and not politicians'. That could be a way to understand this in certain directions. The corrupt people at CBI, etc. are as much a problem as INC. who live by squandering credibility of nation.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

I used to like KCR and TRS hoping that they would resurrect Kakatiya kingdom in deccan (slowly attracting older Kakatiya regions ).
you are not the only one. my first interest in T movement was fueled by this possibility. a friend of the family I know used to talk about the "spiritual fire of Vijayanagara and Kakatiya". he had lot of hopes for T movement. He thought it would resurrect the old spirit. he also used to sing to us kids, back in the day, "pogada ra nee talli bhumi bharathi ni". a very influencing man. for a time, he even dabbled in Naxalism in his youth and early 20's but was brought back into the family fold by the efforts of my grandfather. there is a lot of respect and gratitude for that.

there are actually, at least 3 people in the extended family who dabbled for a couple of years in Naxalism. i'm not sure what propelled them: idealism or romanticism.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Unfortunately there is no cultural sense for the people in T agitation. The greatness of Telugu people before Nizam is not relavent to them. They demilished the statue of Nannaya and other great poets like him and also Srikrishna Devaraya like kings and Jashuva like great poets who spoke about the life of the our SC people before our own eyes. A new round of cultural revolution. Now it should be clear to us this agitation is no longer in the hands of well meaning democratic leaders who are only want to develop their locality by having a saparate state.

When BJP people sit with Gaddar and TDP people say openly that they are ready to work under his leadership and when Congress, TDP, BJP and naxals sing the same tune we should sense there is something seriously wrong with this agitation. For political gain they are ready to propagate naxal arguments and once such arguments are part of the main stream thinking, Hyd will be like Kolkata. Not a single leader in Telangana even in BJP advocating free market economy and talking about investement. BJP is no longer critical of Naxals in AP. TV5 every Sunday morning telecast 30 min gaddar song and dance programme. Most of the naxal front leaders posing as Telangana movement leaders air maoist ideas on tv day after day. Entire T agitation now calibarated by them to facilitate naxal takeover of the Telangana. Every political party including BJP are acting as if there is no problem with this open and blatent naxal involvement. Naxals who defeated by police arms are now back with full force on idelogical front in AP. Fresh armed action will follow with or without division of AP.

Earlier there were Andhra Bhago slogan and now it is Quit Telangana. Earlier KCR says that he will cut the tongues and Kodanda Rami Reddy says cut people. There is open threat on Tv that if any one oppose them they will attack the "economic interests"of such people. So called JAC called for boycoting August 15th celebrations.
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

Just an observation, take it for what it is worth. When I (try to) follow the political ferment over Telangana over the past 2-3 years, I get a sense of watching India's history move in extreme slow motion. It is like 2-3 years of events condense into 1 page of history, when the history of this period is written 100 years from now.

I almost get the sense of what might have happened 1000 years ago to some kingdom in the North or South, and what machinations took place between rival kingdoms. It gives a glimpse of how things probably developed when the invasions (Islamic or British) subsided and there was a military and political equilibrium between the new and existing kingdoms. I used to wonder, when reading India's history: "How could 'King/General xyz' defect to the other side and fight against his original side 'abc'?" The Telangana developments demonstrate how such things are possible and what probably happened.

If there was any foreign presence close to the borders of A.P., one can bet that they would either directly get involved, or be willingly brought into the situation by one of the parties in the current political melee. It would not matter what their background is, what they stand for or what they are likely to turn into 1-2 decades from how. Just their support to defeat their current political enemy would be the only concern. India's history repeats.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

^ well said.

This is the exact reason why I was harsh on locals inviting external people to settle scores with their own.

KCR just now said, why do we need a central govt if we can solve our problem among ourselves. In a sense he doesn't mind accepting (would he?) an unfavorable solution by an external players than an unfavorable solution from his brothers. I guess that is the nature of dispute-resolution 8)

At this point it is best to ignore all anti-andhra statements (like what is happening now).
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

RamaY wrote:^ well said.
This is the exact reason why I was harsh on locals inviting external people to settle scores with their own.

KCR just now said, why do we need a central govt if we can solve our problem among ourselves. In a sense he doesn't mind accepting (would he?) an unfavorable solution by an external players than an unfavorable solution from his brothers. I guess that is the nature of dispute-resolution 8)

At this point it is best to ignore all anti-andhra statements (like what is happening now).
The Telangana issue developments provide a fascinating view of how desi history develops, and it is a lesson for all students of Indian history.

As for KCR's statement on Chidu's comment to solve it among ourselves, I actually agree with KCR. India is a federal polity with a lot of power accrued to the center. If the Center cannot play a positive role, why do we need a central govt? I did not read Chidu's actual statement in detail, but it does sound rash and reckless. Would the center have nothing to say or do if the security situation spun out of control? What if there were wide-spread disturbances- would they still say 'solve it among yourselves?' Will they intervene only to quell disturbances but stay out of the political parts of the dispute? Politics is war by other means (a variation of Clausewitz's statement of War being politics by other means), and if a problem can be solved politically, it typically avoids a violent resolution of the problem. So, the center has a role here, but they are not a neutral party in this game, either- and that is a problem.

Ramana had it right when he compared center's role on this (a year or two ago) to the Panchatantra tale, where a cat referees a dispute over a piece of chapathi among 2 mice. It tries to divide the chappathi equally between the mice and takes a bite out of it each time and ends up eating the whole thing.

Which ever way the Telangana problem works out, it will be fascinating to see how the weaker side or the more desperate side (you are free to conclude which side that is) tries to play its cards, and who will they align with to reach their ends.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

devesh wrote:
I used to like KCR and TRS hoping that they would resurrect Kakatiya kingdom in deccan (slowly attracting older Kakatiya regions ).
you are not the only one. my first interest in T movement was fueled by this possibility. a friend of the family I know used to talk about the "spiritual fire of Vijayanagara and Kakatiya". he had lot of hopes for T movement. He thought it would resurrect the old spirit. he also used to sing to us kids, back in the day, "pogada ra nee talli bhumi bharathi ni". a very influencing man. for a time, he even dabbled in Naxalism in his youth and early 20's but was brought back into the family fold by the efforts of my grandfather. there is a lot of respect and gratitude for that.

there are actually, at least 3 people in the extended family who dabbled for a couple of years in Naxalism. i'm not sure what propelled them: idealism or romanticism.
devesh garu, thanks for the couple of good posts above. However, my take is T movement is the worst movement towards goal of "spirutual fire of Vijayanagara Kakatiya". What is need for a seperate T? There are several ways to manuover using the 117 seats in a 294 seat AP. First of all there was never a strategy in T towards dominating others or fiery-leadership to take over others. Secondly never was a spirit of enterprenuership. Instead T movement is always about " we are backward and Andhras are this & that. There was never such introspection.

Even Naxalism - There is very little T leadership in it and again Andhras come to T and use the Naxal movement and most of T folks are again foot soldiers.

My take is that first T needs to build a dominating leadership. Period.

"pogada ra nee talli bhumi bharathi ni" - It is written by Gurajada Appa Rao. The start of that poem is "Eae desamegina, endhu kalidina, pogada ra nee talli bhumi bharathi ni, nilupara nee jaati nindu gauravam ni"
Last edited by Muppalla on 14 Aug 2011 06:17, edited 1 time in total.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

The common people in Telangana are brutalized under Islamic rule for a long time. Unlike Costal districts which had benifit of British and Hindu rule it killed enterprising qualities of the society. Further naxals and their previous avathar CPI ensured that there is no scope for development orinted ideas. The basic idea of these fellows " if a person got rich then he must be a theif. Since you are poor he has looted his wealth from you. It is all right to take it back from him even if it requires to kill him" It is another kind of Islamic idea - All earth belongs to Allah and infedals who have it are all cheats and evil fellows. So it is gods wish to kill them and take what is rightly belongs to the faithfull."
This ideas we hear on Tv in difforent versions every day during Telangana discourse. They have stolen our water, land, jobs, and they were having nothing in 1953 and we were great under Nizam with lot of surplus and all that was stollen from us. So it is ok to kick them out and take what is rightly ours.

In the entire discourse there are no rules to be followed and observed. It is all just like Islamic or Communist actions. Anything goes. We do not see normally houses of thouse who oppose us attacked in any aigtation as a matter of policy. But here attacking houses is a policy which no one bothered to be critical. Attacking opposing people meetings, their political activities, threatening and forcing people to resign and not allowing people to go by their normal business has become a norm in this agitation.

Leaders like Lakshman Bapuuji or few non-communist thinkers of Telangana has no place in Telangana idealogical battle today.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

Further naxals and their previous avathar CPI ensured that there is no scope for development orinted ideas.
Commie movement in T is only about 70-80 years old. even today they have popularity in T b/c of their genuine contribution to the struggle against Razakars. I'm not sure how much you know about that time, but suffice it to say that before Sardar Patel's orders were carried out, Razakars created fear and terror, and Commies were the only ones who organized armed struggle against the Razakars. this legacy is the reason why T areas still "respect" the commies like Gaddar. my grand father was involved in the underground movement against the Razakars for several months, organizing logistics like transportation.

today their views have become regressive, but back in the day, before Hyderabad state became a part of the Indian Union, Commies genuinely "served" the region.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

devesh wrote:
Further naxals and their previous avathar CPI ensured that there is no scope for development orinted ideas.
Commie movement in T is only about 70-80 years old. even today they have popularity in T b/c of their genuine contribution to the struggle against Razakars. I'm not sure how much you know about that time, but suffice it to say that before Sardar Patel's orders were carried out, Razakars created fear and terror, and Commies were the only ones who organized armed struggle against the Razakars. this legacy is the reason why T areas still "respect" the commies like Gaddar. my grand father was involved in the underground movement against the Razakars for several months, organizing logistics like transportation.

today their views have become regressive, but back in the day, before Hyderabad state became a part of the Indian Union, Commies genuinely "served" the region.
Indeed they served and brought Vishalandhra after Hyderbad state got freedom. Commie influences in Nalgonda, Khamman, Warangal, Guntur, and Krishna are still seen from those days.

Here is one of well-done documentaries on the struggle. Notice the language by the old people from Nalgonda - not that much different from higher lands of Guntur.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlXp8A5rmMM
nvishal
BRFite

Post by nvishal »

Creation of telangana has already happened consciously and psychologically. It is a coincidence that a political stamp in favour of telangana is not in favour for both congress and seemandhra.

Besides a democratic advantage, seemandhra also seems to enjoy support among immigrant conclaves within telangana. Everything maybe against t-people but they have the capacity to throttle daily supplies to hyderabad.

It's a sad situation. Congress doesn't care for either andhra or telangana. It only cares that it survives in the aftermath.

I have a simple question for the seemandhra folks here... You have a dilemma on your hands.
Which one of these two would you rather chose?
1) Survival of congress (Means united andhra, Bad blood will cultivate between the two regions)
2) Separate telangana (People will still migrate regardless of imaginary borders, hyd goes to T, Local rule)

Which one of the two is more evil?
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

nvishal, You are just making an assumption that survival of congress is only possible if there is united andhra. They may lose even if the state is kept united. Parties win and lose and there is no point in thinking about. Division of AP is ripe with problems that are other than the rhetoric. Otherwise we would have seen Telangana state easily.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

I doubt if United AP means advantage Congress. No one in AP is happy with Congress now and Jagan will cut into their votes everywhere. TDP will be winner as their vote bank is largely intact. Anti Congress votes will not go to Jagan as every one knows that he is a EJ backed fellow and will join Sonia gang anyday if instructed by EJ gang.

In fact division may give Congress good advantage in Telangana. KCR joining them is also a possibility. They will be of course will wiped out in rest of the AP. So I think divison and advatage congress or no division and destruction of congress. I go for destruction of congress any day.

Vishal Garu - Stop supply to the Hyd? Is Hyd like West Berlin and you will have commie armys all around it ? As long as AP Governament is treating the agitation softly it is Ok. But the question is if the governament is really uses force then what? Do you know what it takes to for blocking a city and can we allow this kind of agitations ? For Congress not caring for Andhra or Telangana they don't care for this nation in the first place. So what do you expect from them.
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

nvishal wrote: It's a sad situation. Congress doesn't care for either andhra or telangana. It only cares that it survives in the aftermath.
I agree with the above. The Delhi congress does not seem to care about A.P.
I have a simple question for the seemandhra folks here... You have a dilemma on your hands.
Which one of these two would you rather chose?
1) Survival of congress (Means united andhra, Bad blood will cultivate between the two regions)
2) Separate telangana (People will still migrate regardless of imaginary borders, hyd goes to T, Local rule) Which one of the two is more evil?
I see the item 'bad blood' is missing from the consequences of point # 2 (Separate Telangana). You are right about people migrating irrespective of imaginary borders. It is the level of trust and security one feels with the local population and govt. that matters most.

If Seemandhra people migrate, would that not indicate bad blood as a cause? As I mentioned once before, this has the feel of the 1947 partition. If Hyd. goes to T., would TRS be able to control its people from the expected gains resulting from migration from all the people who are expected to migrate? Would every one not know it is only a matter of time? The hooliganism in Hyd. against decent people who even voice a counter opinion (e.g. MLA Jayprakash Narayan) has been seen, and public threats have been made. There is nothing amicable about forced migration.

Another question I have is that if Seemandhra people are expected to migrate, (either voluntarily or with gentle pressure over a long period of time) what are the expectations from people from other states? Will Tamilians be welcome to settle in Telanagana (theoretically they should be able to since Telangana is a part of India)? Are they more acceptable than Seemandhra people to settle in Telangana. What about people of Gujarat, Bihar or Kolkata who want to work in the IT field? Will they be treated better than Seemandhra people because there is no past history of dispute with them? Will they be more preferred to settle in Hyd? My questions are not rhetorical.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

The t-straegy is to cause enough irritation, inconvenience and animosity to andhra folks in hyderabad so it's growth is brought to stand still. This will force all andhras to start diverting their wealth to non T-regions. This will automatically reduce the importance and affinity to Andhra. Already no new investments are coming to Hyderabad. The existing investments are kind of lost given the expected dip in RE values if/when Tstate is announced. This will be negotiated in the new capital deal with Telangana or central leadership.

With 14F, slowly but surly the percentage of andhra employees will reduce in Hyderabad. If Telangana state is formed, my guess is that Hyderabad will be kept as common capital for next 10-15 years, until the current crop of employees retire.

There is only one solution to this problem. Tough love towards T-leadership. They should be held responsible for their statements and actions. But it cannot be expected in a nation where GoI is expected to entertain and negotiate with groups like Hurriyat, Ulfa, LTTE etc. Current T-agitation is many notches below those separatist movements, in spite of the rhetoric.

This should be combined with statewide modernization plan where new technological and infrastructural solutions are applied to all regions of the state in a manner that the govt connects with commons at personal level. This is not an impossible task. There are ~27000 villages in AP. A Rs 50,000 crore 2-3 year plan will make people reconnect with the united govt.

This will push the T-issue until 2014 elections. A new govt in Hyd and Delhi can decide on the fate of new state by putting a T-bill for vote.

Why can't this be done by the current administrations? Because they muddied the situation so much that they lost the moral mandate to decide such a sensitive issue.

JMHT.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

I don't think last word on 14F is said even now.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

LINK
On I-Day, flag for Telangana
OUR SPECIAL CORRESPONDENT
Hyderabad, Aug. 14: So long it was Telangana nameplates and numberplates, now it’s Telangana flags.

Congress legislators and ministers from Telangana today dropped plans to boycott Independence Day events and decided to attend flag-hoisting ceremonies in their Assembly segments and district headquarters, but unfurled their own designs to keep up the pressure for a separate state.

“We also want to hoist the Telangana flag at mandal and district headquarters across the 10 Telangana districts,” MP Gutta Sukhender Reddy said after a meeting of the Telangana Congress steering committee this afternoon.

It is learnt that the Telangana flags will just have an outline of the region.

Since last month, Telangana activists have already been painting the word Telangana across Andhra Pradesh on boards and nameplates at government offices in all the 10 districts in the region. They haven’t even spared vehicle numberplates.

The decision to attend official I-Day programmes tomorrow came after the party high command persuaded the legislators not to skip the events.

Despite Telangana Joint Action Committee convener Kodandaram’s repeated appeals today to stay away from Independence Day events, the Congress ministers and MLAs refused to stick to their decision to boycott the official celebrations.

However, Reddy, who represents Nalgonda in the Lok Sabha, said Telangana MPs would “continue their boycott of Parliament”.

At the meeting, attended by ministers Basawa Saraiah and Panala Lakshmaiah, it was also decided that ministers from the region would continue to stay away from the secretariat.

Seven Congress MPs, including K. Keshava Rao, were also among those who attended the meeting that discussed the Centre’s move to withdraw a contentious clause, 14(F).

With the annulment of the clause, which had been a key demand of Telangana protesters, residents of six Telangana districts will get preference over the rest of Andhra in jobs and education in Hyderabad.

The Andhra cabinet, which has not met since June 18, will meet on August 16, but not in the official cabinet room. The meeting will be conducted at the residence of chief minister Kiran Kumar Reddy.

It appears that the Telangana ministers agreed to attend the meeting at any place other than the state secretariat.

“In June, when we resigned, we pledged not to return to the secretariat without Telangana,” said a senior minister. “If we go (there) now, it will be a loss of face (for us).”

Sources said the 12 ministers from the region were also apprehensive that it could trigger a backlash from Telangana protesters.

I thought the National Flag Act prohibits the flying of any other flags alongside. I this another indulgence from INC?
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

The relavent portion of the code is as under:

no other flag or bunting should be placed higher than or above or side by side with
the National Flag; nor should any object including flowers or garlands or emblem be
placed on or above the Flag-mast from which the Flag is flown;

The code is here:
http://india.gov.in/outerwin.php?id=htt ... findia.pdf

From what I heard on tv Nagam Janardhana Reddy had shouted Jai Telangana at the time of hoisting of the flag by Speaker in the Assembly which is clearly against the code. You can not shout things like that according to me. States and localities have no place and the other than showing respect to the nation you can not do political dramas. How rest of the Telangana leaders did we do not know.
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

http://sakshi.com/main/FullStory.aspx?c ... ubcatid=33

Very interesting article.

Jagan saying he is ready to join hands with any party including congress except BJP

for "state benefit"
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

This confirm the EJ gang links of Jagan. EJ people want return of the golden days of YSR where they have enjoyed considarable power. Jagan may come out as a B team of Congress and when the time is suitable to him and congress is ready to offer CM chair or someother thing suitable to him he will jump into congress or ally with congress. This is in fact the suspision of most of the voters in AP. After Chiru's cheating people in AP particularly anti congress voters of AP will think twice before voting to Jagan.
unarayanadas
BRFite

Post by unarayanadas »

Narayana Rao wrote:This confirm the EJ gang links of Jagan. EJ people want return of the golden days of YSR where they have enjoyed considarable power. Jagan may come out as a B team of Congress and when the time is suitable to him and congress is ready to offer CM chair or someother thing suitable to him he will jump into congress or ally with congress. This is in fact the suspision of most of the voters in AP. After Chiru's cheating people in AP particularly anti congress voters of AP will think twice before voting to Jagan.
According to some TDP activists, Jagan already started cosying up to the CON-party lest he might have to do a stint in jail. And he has an essential qualification for Madam to warm up to such overtures and forget and forgive: he's Christian. So do not count on Jagan being made accountable for his unaccountable wealth!
nvishal
BRFite

Post by nvishal »

@SriKumar
You make a lot of hypothetical questions. Separate telangana's only purpose is self rule. It wants to be ruled by the locals. That means all planning and administration(which includes 'jobs') will go to the people who are local to telangana. This should be self explanatory.

Remember, TRS doesn't serve any purpose after t. There will be a void left and it will be filled(taken over?) by the most vocal groups parading on the streets; particularly by the one's in the academia field who have expressed strong interest in politics and administration.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

NVishal, what TRS is after is the 100,000 crores they expect for devlopment when a new State is announced. They feel that they will be able to get some good commission for contracts announced in this. What they dont understand is since Hyderabad goes to T, centre will some of this Money to Andhra to build its infrastructure for development.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Who is going to give one Lac crores sir. No one division or no division AP will be left to its own fate. The self rule argument is being brought forward because the development argument proved to be totally false by SKC report. With 119 MLAs and 17MP's Telangana has its share of power and sent 2 PMs totally 10 years rule. Now also has good no of ministers in the cabinet. Even the CM is born in Telangana. When a person born your own place is the CM what more self rule you want?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

ReDiff:

Is Hydearabad going Kolkata way?

Drop in investment for last two years.
VenkataS
BRFite

Post by VenkataS »

If we had equal opportunity for all Indians on any land under Indian jurisdiction we would not have had these kinds of agitations in the first place.

Any Indian by birth or naturalization should have the same rights (including the right to education, employment, to own assets and to start and operate a business) as any other Indian irrespective of where he or she was born.

The fact that we do not have this and the fact that elected politicians and persons in power at the highest level are able to amass vast amounts of wealth by gaming a corrupt system is the root cause of this agitation for a seperate state. The current pro T leadership would like to enjoy the same privileges as some of our past CMs.

The general T public are being promised government jobs through T quotas (rest of AP folk they are told, will not be able to apply for these jobs and may even pack up and leave T) once seperate T comes into existence and hence are excited about it.

Are there any other advantages to the seperate T rule which would not have been possible under the current system which has 119 Telangana MLAs out of 297 total in the AP assembly (which is 40% of the total).

If we had good equal opportunity laws in place and no corruption/favoritism shown by politicians in power, people in non-T areas would not have cared much about a seperate T state even if it meant that Hyd was going to be in T.

Hopefully Anna Hazare's movement would be a positive catalyst towards an India which is amongst the least corrupt countries of the world by 2050 or so (one can dream, right?).

But what is being done to eliminate the region based quotas and ensuring that all Indians are free to move to any other city/region/state in India and enjoy same privileges as any other Indian already living there. These region based quotas are throwing up barriers amongst us and leading some of us to identify with a particular region because we were born there (even if we chose to live somewhere else most of our lives).

This region based quota system is a hindrance for an India which is strong and united where its citizens are Indians first and foremost and anything else later.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

^ full of contradictions at best.

Equal opportunities - what stopped TRS from winning 117 assembly seats and demand "just" representation in the govt?

How many govt jobs will be in a separate T? Would that create equal opportunities for all T-population?

What is this equal opportunity anyways? Does that mean all jobs will have equal qualifications and selection criteria? When would an illeterate Dalit youth get an IAS position in this == world?

Isn't TRS promising religion based reservations to Muslims? And separate quotas for various classes? How is this equal opportunity?

What kind of equal opportunity it is if a non-T person cannot represent T-population anyway? Doesn't our constitution guarantee any indian citizen to represent any state in RS elections? How will Tstate allow that?

In what way separate T demand is related to AH movement? Isn't TRS demanding cash favors from businessmen, movie filed etc for it's party funds? What kind of equality it is that KcR gets Rs500,000 payment for 1hr labor where as other Tpeople get less Rs 100 for the same hard work?

When will you show equal reasoning with rest of india when it comes to brotherhood towards other citizens (especially AP people?)
VenkataS
BRFite

Post by VenkataS »

RamaY,
I think you mis-understood me. By equal opportunity I meant that there should be no region based discrimination (I was not talking about caste based reservations at all which are a different matter altogether).

I meant a person born in coastal Andhra, Rayalaseema, TN, MP, or HP should be able to get a government job in Telangana if he or she is a resident of Telanagana. I accept that they are in-equalities between regions but the right way to tackle that problem would be to promote primary, secondary and teritiary education sectors in those areas and by promoting investments in those areas.

By rooting out corruption, through movements such as the one by Anna Hazare currently, I was hoping that CM posts would become unattractive for politicians (from T, CA or Seema) who are interested in amassing wealth by gaming a corrupt system and are not genuinely interested in serving the people.

I am sure you are aware of the fact, that one of the root causes for the present T agitation is the desire for KCR to be the CM of the state.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Now KCR wants 70% reservations to "locals" in private sector also in any future T State. The oppertunities for locals, self rule, self respect, peoples feeling, cultural identity, we were saparate nation before that and other arguments are comming after the no development argument failed. No other than December 9th statement there is nothing for the T agitaion to cling to. Even in the same statement later half about the " resolution in the state assembly" is not accepted.

As per KCR some 3 lac jobs are going to come in new Telangana governament. No one knows how. Now governament servents are seems to be not interested to agitate from 17th ( politicos now asked them to do the agitation while they sit at home) and become pawns in politicos hands. It seems that they are asking why they should lose their jobs or take such risk for politicos. Cm seems to have sent a message that all contract employees are going to lose their jobs immediately and there will not no pay for the period of agitations. ESMA will be enforced.

The SI examinations were conducted with no problems and ministers are slowly returing to their jobs. MPs said to be entered into a tactical deal with congress leadership wherein Speaker will not accept or deny their resignations and in case the governament is in danger they will attend the parliament and vote for the governament. So the great resignation drama seems to at its end.

As for as local argument if a person lives for 4 years he will become a local even under the present rules. In Karnataka also it is 5 years.
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

nvishal wrote:@SriKumar
You make a lot of hypothetical questions. Separate telangana's only purpose is self rule. It wants to be ruled by the locals. That means all planning and administration(which includes 'jobs') will go to the people who are local to telangana. This should be self explanatory.

Remember, TRS doesn't serve any purpose after t. There will be a void left and it will be filled(taken over?) by the most vocal groups parading on the streets; particularly by the one's in the academia field who have expressed strong interest in politics and administration.
My questions mainly concern the methods used to gain Telangana. There is a menace of force behind the demands. We have seen it on the streets, against specific people/politicians who are non-violent and also on this thread (pramodca). I can tell you that if violence is used to achieve one's aims, the aftermath will not be peaceful either (what followed Direct Action day?). Hence the questions I asked are not hypothetical.
I would not ask those questions if the T-struggle was based on purely peaceful agitation. I think T-people have concluded (correctly or incorrectly) that without using atleast some force, it is not likely to happen. While the level of violence has been restricted to hooliganism so far, however, if the leadership gets desperate, then they may get tempted to go further.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Has something happened while I slept?
:((
Government has decided to carve out a separate state of Telangana, which will be 29th State of India.
http://www.mapsofindia.com/maps/telangana/
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

it's spam. not true.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Re: Internal Security Watch

Post by Singha »

IBNLIVE -

CBI raids Jagan Reddy, registers FIR against him
Preeti SinghPreeti Singh, CNN-IBN
Updated Aug 18, 2011 at 11:03am IST

New Delhi: Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Thursday registered an FIR against YSR Congress chief Jagan Mohan Reddy. CBI conducted searches in five cities including Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata and Mumbai in connection with disproportionate assets case against Jagan Mohan Reddy.

A second related FIR was also registered against Emaar Properties, Dubai and its sister concern Emaar MGF based in Delhi, Hyderabad.

While CBI remained tight-lipped about the searches, sources said the searches began on Thursday morning.

CBI also conducted searches at Sakshi News Channel office, Jagan's residence at Banjara hills and his Bharti Cement office in Hyberabad.

CBI is also carrying out searches of premises of Andhra Pradesh Principal Secretary (Home) BP Acharya, said the agency.

Earlier the High Court directed the CBI to undertake a detailed investigation into Jagan's assets.

Jagan Mohan Reddy meanwhile has approached the Supreme Court against the High Court's decision and has called it a political witch hunt by the Congress.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

^^^
first shots fired by Sonia...

Jagan will soon be "mollified" and "brought back" in grand imperial style. there will be a lot of bonhomie. at the very least, he will be molded into a pliable dog by Rajmata.

this might have some effect on Telangana. people here might become more hardened against INC....

in Seemandhra, this will make sure that EJ Convert vote is not diluted.....so INC position in this area will remain respectable.

one wonders what's going on with TDP....what are all the people who previously voted for TDP thinking???
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

let us see if he is made of sterner stuff or a total sellout who will cave in and surrender.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

Singha saar,

do you know Jagan' background? he recently built a headquarters with a giant Cross on the front. he is a rabid EJ. he cannot be allowed to take over AP like YSR did. it would be disastrous. Coastal AP is already under intense EJ attack. this guy needs to be rolled back by the very same forces that gave birth to his megalomania. otherwise we'll have a Constantine in our hands....
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

^^^^
Bogged down by raids, the long road ahead of Jagan
He said he is ready for any challenge and also dared the Congress to try and finish him. However, his camp appears to be on the backfoot on Thursday following the series of raids and their tone is meek when they say they will cooperate.
However, Jagan was criticised for filing the SLP and his supporters even questioned the need for him to do that. Their argument was that if he is clean he should let the CBI raid his offices, and if there is nothing on him then he would come out clean.
Moreover, there is news that there are many disgruntled elements within Jagan's party. All these factors could go against him.
Some of his party workers feel that Jagan, after the mass support that he had seen ever since the party was floated, had become too arrogant. They accuse him of running the party all by himself.
Those loyal to him say that the Congress wants him to buckle down since they perceive him as a major threat
The CBI, on the other hand, will probe the cases against him under the provisions available under the Indian Penal Code, Prevention of Corruption Act and also the Money Laundering Act.
In the days to come the government will also press into service the Enforcement Directorate and the Income Tax department which will only increase the heat on him.
What is making matters worse for Jagan is that these agencies will also go into some of the decisions taken by his father, Y S Rajashekhara Reddy, in order to show the leader in poor light which prompted Jagan to make a comment that 'they don't spare a dead man also.'
(is nt the center also involved in the loot of the nation)
Only logical conclusion is
There is likely to be an arrangement between the two. One of his supporters even said, "We think he will go back to the Congress."
The Congress is desperate for a mass leader and Jagan has now realised that it is one thing to win a solitary battle in Kadapa and a whole other thing to win the entire state.

sufferers = Indian citizens.
Krishna_V
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Krishna_V »

Nothing is going to come out from these raids. Date and time of raids were published well in advance. At the end case will be closed projecting Jagan as Mr clean with ample sympathy from people.

i am guessing Jagan will fight 2014 election under his party banner and will join congress later. Its all maya...
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

The CBI is not working under High Court supervision. So it can do what it wants. No anti congress person in AP is going to vote for Janag and EJ will want him to be in congress before 2014 so that Italian rule continue. So eitherway I feel CBN and TDP is having serious advantage in costal and Rayalaseema districts at least. Just yesterday had a talk with a business man from Rayalaseema. It seems that KKR is also started his earning game and all ministers want to earn in the remaining two years as they are very sure that they will not win eletions in 2014. The hurry to join work by Telangana ministers may be for this earning reason.

I hope AP kicks congress out particularly in MP seats so that there is no UPA III
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Have you talked to farmers who take up farming on contract basis? ie kowlu? How are they faring inn these uncertain times? Their sowing season in rain fed areas is about one month. Are hey getting labor? And at what rates?