The Jan Lokpal Bill, Anna Hazare, and Baba Ramdev II

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
sanjeevpunj
BRFite

Re: The Jan Lokpal Bill, Anna Hazare, and Baba Ramdev II

Post by sanjeevpunj »

All these declarations must be verified by legal methods.Anyone found hiding anything must be held accountable.Definitely voting INC out of power in 2014 is necessary.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/artic ... 95,00.html
A Little Respect
Some Indians won't be comfortable with comparisons to the Middle East. They will point out that India, unlike Egypt (or Tunisia or Libya), has remained free of dictatorship since winning independence. True, it is a proud democracy. Even Indira Gandhi, who suspended many civil liberties during two years of emergency rule in the mid-1970s, eventually sought the legitimacy of the vote. (Indian voters rejected her experiment with authoritarianism; she was beaten badly in the 1977 national election and accepted the result.) Defenders of the Indian government will also say that Hazare's anticorruption movement flowers precisely because Indian democracy is so strong. As television anchor Rajdeep Sardesai puts it: "In how many other countries could you abuse the political class, burn draft bills, create a confrontational situation and yet have the space and opportunity to be heard?" Indians may not be fighting to overthrow a dictator, but they share with the Arab world a yearning for dignity. An editorial by the Christian Science Monitor made a point that could be applied to both places: dignity, it said, means worthiness, and "a government can't move a country forward if leaders don't value the people, don't find them worthy."

The Indian government seems to value its people mainly as workers, consumers and entrepreneurs who have propelled the country to 9% growth. But the decadelong boom has also led to vast inequalities of income. India now has 55 billionaires, their combined $250 billion fortune amounting to a sixth of the country's GDP. And yet all that wealth has failed to remedy a terrible truth: 500 million Indians lack access to any kind of sanitation. When citizens are made complicit in an immoral system, they suffer a different kind of indignity. Under repressive regimes, like those in Turkmenistan or Zimbabwe, they have no choice. India shows that complicity can be impossible to resist even in a democracy. But it also offers the hope of change. When Hazare ended his fast on Aug. 28, he asked supporters to never pay a bribe again. India won its fight for independence 64 years ago; the fight for dignity is just beginning.
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

gakakkad wrote:Only the naive would believe that MMS is only worth 5 crore. 500 or 5000 crore sounds more plausible .
I believe MMS. Either you should show evidence or you should not accuse a person of wrongdoing. That would be the fair and decent way to approach this.
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

^^^ I technically did not accuse him . I just said that it is more plausible for him to be several folds richer than his stated wealth of 1.1 million USD . I said that it is implausible for him (different from directly accusing him) for him to be not corrupt.
ranjbe
BRFite

Post by ranjbe »

The Anna Hazare effect on politics: Congress is the loser, BJP is the winner.
Cong takes big hit as BJP gains from Anna fast: Poll
Support for the Congress has dropped steeply from 30% to 20%. In contrast the BJP, which was stuck with a low endorsement of 23% in May, stands to get 32% of the vote if elections are held now, the opinion poll says. It also suggests that BJP has overtaken Congress in popularity across India, barring the south. In May, Congress had led the BJP in all regions, save the west.
The Anna Hazare episode fallout has mauled the image of UPA biggies, sparing not even Rahul Gandhi, an opinion poll conducted by market researcher Nielsen for a TV channel has found. In an Anna-Rahul face off, it says, the Gandhi family scion would be routed, polling a meagre 17% against 78% for the veteran protester from Ralegan Siddhi.
Nielsen's projections for Union ministers Kapil Sibal and P Chidamabram, the main handlers of Anna's agitation, are similarly dire. Anna's associate Kiran Bedi would win a landslide if pitted against Sibal, picking 74% of the votes. The HRD minister would manage a mere 14%.

Chidambaram, the opinion poll says, would be trounced if fielded against Anna's close associate Arvind Kejriwal. About 58% of the respondents say they would support Kejriwal - Anna's Arjun -against 24% who stand by the Union home minister
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 852929.cms
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

gakakkad wrote:^^^ I technically did not accuse him . I just said that it is more plausible for him to be several folds richer than his stated wealth of 1.1 million USD . I said that it is implausible for him (different from directly accusing him) for him to be not corrupt.
You are accusing MMS of lying about his assets, and therefore you are also accusing him of being corrupt. You should offer some proof if you wish to make such a serious accusation. Otherwise, you are writing in an indecent and dishonest fashion.

I have never seen any evidence of anything but total integrity in Dr. Manmohan Singh's personal financial affairs.
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

sanjeevpunj wrote:All these declarations must be verified by legal methods.Anyone found hiding anything must be held accountable.Definitely voting INC out of power in 2014 is necessary.
IMO government agencies like the Income Tax department are complicit in letting these people hide their true assets due to lax rules. All of those foreign travels and local transportation used that is not directly connected to their employment must be assessed as gifts and tax should be demanded on those gifts.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

eklavya wrote:
gakakkad wrote:Only the naive would believe that MMS is only worth 5 crore. 500 or 5000 crore sounds more plausible .
I believe MMS. Either you should show evidence or you should not accuse a person of wrongdoing. That would be the fair and decent way to approach this.
I am accusing that MMS's properties are worth more than 5Crores at market prices. Pls provide the list of his assets, exact location of his RE holdings, exact stock holdings (with ticker simbols and quantity of shares) then we can talk.

Let's not make holy cows out of born liars. MMS lied on many occasions in the parliament.
sanjeevpunj
BRFite

Post by sanjeevpunj »

Not just MMS, what about remaining 18 Ministers who have not declared their assets despite three reminders.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

ranjbe wrote:The Anna Hazare effect on politics: Congress is the loser, BJP is the winner.
Cong takes big hit as BJP gains from Anna fast: Poll
Support for the Congress has dropped steeply from 30% to 20%. In contrast the BJP, which was stuck with a low endorsement of 23% in May, stands to get 32% of the vote if elections are held now, the opinion poll says. It also suggests that BJP has overtaken Congress in popularity across India, barring the south. In May, Congress had led the BJP in all regions, save the west.
The Anna Hazare episode fallout has mauled the image of UPA biggies, sparing not even Rahul Gandhi, an opinion poll conducted by market researcher Nielsen for a TV channel has found. In an Anna-Rahul face off, it says, the Gandhi family scion would be routed, polling a meagre 17% against 78% for the veteran protester from Ralegan Siddhi.
Nielsen's projections for Union ministers Kapil Sibal and P Chidamabram, the main handlers of Anna's agitation, are similarly dire. Anna's associate Kiran Bedi would win a landslide if pitted against Sibal, picking 74% of the votes. The HRD minister would manage a mere 14%.

Chidambaram, the opinion poll says, would be trounced if fielded against Anna's close associate Arvind Kejriwal. About 58% of the respondents say they would support Kejriwal - Anna's Arjun -against 24% who stand by the Union home minister
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 852929.cms
I have feeling that

1. The Sonia gang will try to fix modi in a big case using bought out Lokpal and/or IPS officers to make a big communal angle.

2. They might even try to organize a huge communal riots in Mumbai during Ganesh immersion.

3. There will be a persecution of anna's team but more than persecution, they will divide them using communal forces since people like kejriwal are too sensitive and want to appease communal Muslims to preserve their image. I like Anna. He basically ignores communal gang up by imams, sickular con media. His larger than life image can't be tarnished by sick dogs like dhoti Roy, imam bukhari and Burkha dutts. But kejriwal types are so scared of their own shadow that they fight every moronic criticism.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

I am accusing that MMS's properties are worth more than 5Crores at market prices. Pls provide the list of his assets, exact location of his RE holdings, exact stock holdings (with ticker simbols and quantity of shares) then we can talk
This is the line of argument followed against all non-INC ministers wherein they have to prove their innocence against some BS accusations by any 2paisa INC-wallah ( like Arun Shourie in 2G, NaMo for giving land to industries etc). So, similarly for once, INC netas should prove their innocence given the accusations.
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

I have never seen any evidence of anything but total integrity in Dr. Manmohan Singh's personal financial affairs.
Brother , you have selected your handle "eklavya" wisely . It reflects your personality aptly. You are cutting your thumb by believing MMS..

Before he became PM MMS was to me the initiator of reforms. The guy who helped get India to its present position. But my opinions changed drastically . He did not bring about any important financial reforms in the last 7 years. Contrary to that , he made it tougher for industrialists to get labour. (nrega).He allowed corrupt Praful Patel to bankrupt air India . The CWG scam was on record under his nose. Sunil Dutt et al wrote a letter informing MMS. But he did nothing. 2G Scam could not have occurred without his knowledge . Sharad Pawar made huge money from middlemen during his tenure as agro minister . Sibal talked about good educational policies . Like 4 years bachelors degree instead of 3 years presently . American style universities . Permitting foreign uni's here , etc But these policies were never implemented.
He allowed Tata to bleed in Singur . (I am partly thankful to that because my father had land holding near Saanand which grew exponentially after Tata arrived in GUJ :evil: :evil: :wink: , but that was accidental and not by MMS design).

MMS is 80 years old . He has nothing to lose . He does not have much to live.He is humiliated on a daily basis by media . If he had any shame left in him , he would have resigned and exposed the others. That would have made him the greatest hero in modern Indian history so far . He seems to have vested interest in not resigning.

You might notice I am not accusing MMS of any wrong doing. I am merely stating the facts that appear in media and drawing what is readily implied.
But as you said , "innocent till proven guilty."

ADDED LATER- He almost sold India out to Paki's in the cashmere solution. But thankfully lal masjid and kendo styx ladies saved us.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

So Kiran Bedi says "on the couch with Koel Purie" Baba Ramdev had hidden agenda (in promo). To be telecast tonight.
Mauryan
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Mauryan »

When T-shirt clad youth follow a man in dhoti
http://expressbuzz.com/voices/when-t-sh ... 09881.html
The future seems to belong not to the khadi kurta-pyjama clad middle-aged youth leaders who have yet to discover India, but to the jeans-T-shirt clad youngsters with a Hindustani dil aur dimag who unabashedly follow a dhotidonning old man rooted in this soil.
animesharma
BRFite

Post by animesharma »

A query to all policy guru here. I am unable to garner the aim of anna movement.Can you justify correction of corruption only at the top. I do not support the claim "we the elected" share full responsibility of "we the people". It doesn't interpret to a stable system.
Coming to the grass root level, If i do get indulged in corruption of say breaking simple traffic rules is because I have been groomed since birth to think of only my and my family's self interest. Community interest is a chapter censored during my coaching to become an adult.

In short, the media has projected the movement as a clash between "we the elected" and "we the people", rather i feel it is more of shedding responsibility by "we the people" to "we the elected".
My approach can be idealistic, but my intent is to convince myself which is the correct way.

Thanks
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

animesharma wrote:Can you justify correction of corruption only at the top.
Anna & co are targeting corruption at all levels, "from Santri to Mantri".
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

chaanakya wrote:So Kiran Bedi says "on the couch with Koel Purie" Baba Ramdev had hidden agenda (in promo). To be telecast tonight.
It is on the Headlines Today website - http://headlinestoday.intoday.in/headli ... 50012.html

She was also asked "who is the most corrupt" and she said, wait for Wikileaks, I have seen it but I don't want to take names right now.

One wonders what is cooking.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Kiran Bedi-Koel Puri on couch can be watched here

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/video/kira ... 50012.html
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

I never liked ramdev . He was a fraud to begin with . And he had no good of people in mind. Lot of his herbs were dangerous. And his habit of maligning the medical doctors actually prevented people from getting medical care.(talking about putting docs out of business etc)

He may have tried to cut a deal with the congi's . The morning before that lathi charge incident took place he in fact agreed to break his fast by 5 pm and tell people that congi's agreed to his demand. That way congi's would get publicity and BR would become there stooge. But upon seeing huge crowd BR got ambitious . And had grandiose delusions that he could become the PM . So he ditched the congi's . Only difference between him and scami agnives is that scami remained a vafaadar pig of his congi masters.
Why did he accept 5 star accommodation and travel in a chartered flight if he was clean? Anna refused . BR did not . BR ran from the dais when police tried to arrest him wearng female attire . Hazare refused to get out of jail. BR is just an opportunistic charlatan who attempted joining the band wagon.

Kiran Bedi seems smart and level headed person . She saw right through the scami and other commies.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

^^^
oh great.....now we're back on to the discussion that super comprehension man was so fond of. I supposed if you don't like somebody, it's alright to lathi charge them in the middle of the night surrounded by sleeping women and children. after all, what matters, if you don't like them...
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

^^ I think we have two issues mixed up here
Ramdev as ayurvedachrya and as social activist.
What is the evidence his herbs have been dangerous? I agree to the blame that his patients (some of them) stopped seeing their regular doctor and landed up in hypertensive, diabetic emergency etc.
But I have heard him requesting people not to stop their regular medication.

This is highly likely that congress leaders tried to strike a deal with him which could not materialise if they the two factions were hand in glove we won't have seen cruel lathicharge in the way it happened os is it possible there are factions inside congress and Sonia wasn't happy with ministers meeting Ramdev.
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

gakakkad wrote:Brother , you have selected your handle "eklavya" wisely . It reflects your personality aptly. You are cutting your thumb by believing MMS.
I would rather base my beliefs on facts, not prejudices or political preferences. Since you have offered no evidence for me to dis-believe Dr.Singh's statement about his assets, I will fully believe him and fully disregard your views.

Also, making personal remarks reflects poorly on you.
gakakkad wrote:You might notice I am not accusing MMS of any wrong doing. I am merely stating the facts that appear in media and drawing what is readily implied.
But as you said , "innocent till proven guilty."
Indeed, he is a person of impeccable personal financial integrity, and there is no evidence to suggest otherwise.
gakakkad wrote:ADDED LATER- He almost sold India out to Paki's in the cashmere solution. But thankfully lal masjid and kendo styx ladies saved us.
Not sure what, if anything, you know about the powers of the PM of India. If a PM who has been in office for 7 years wanted to sell-out India, India would be sold (a few times over) by now. Fortunately for India, Dr. Singh has always acted to further India's national interests.
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

devesh wrote:^^^
oh great.....now we're back on to the discussion that super comprehension man was so fond of. I supposed if you don't like somebody, it's alright to lathi charge them in the middle of the night surrounded by sleeping women and children. after all, what matters, if you don't like them...

I did not support the lathi charge. I m glad that the lathi charge happened however . That is because the lathi charge gave bad publicity to the congress . The lathi charge helped mobilize public opinion against the congress.
They hit their foot on axe . Indirectly the lathi charge amplified the public support anna got.

But BR should not be given credit for the success . He did not even imagine that there would be one.The best policy would be to keep mum about BR and keep attacking congi's .

Right now BR is enemies enemy.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

Brinda Karat began this movement of claiming Ramdev's activities as "criminal". the courts firmly rebuked Brinda that there was no evidence of any "dangerous" elements in Baba's activities. her court case was trashed and not even allowed to go on and Baba was never even accused by the Judicial System of any wrongdoing. it is the siculars and their allies who see "saffron terror" in Baba...

for you, BR might be "enemies enemy". But I would bet there are crores of people around the country who've taken the violence against Baba as an attack against everything they believe in and fight/fought for. I would suggest not being so cavalier: "I am glad the lathi charge happened". I am sure your sentiments wouldn't be the same if one of your friends or relations had been there...
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

What is the evidence his herbs have been dangerous?
There have been other instances , but one I remember is a lady in Bombay swallowed some "medicine" of ramdev and it got stuck in the oesophagus. KEM hospital did a endoscopy. The drug was rock solid . It broke the endoscope .

I would rather base my beliefs on facts, not prejudices or political preferences. Since you have offered no evidence for me to dis-believe Dr.Singh's statement about his assets, I will fully believe him and fully disregard your views.

Also, making personal remarks reflects poorly on you.
I did not make any personal remarks . Since I am not an investigating agency i am not privy to any evidence. Read my comments again. I ll not repeat them.

Sunil dutt on record sent a letter to him explaining him about corruption by Kalmadi .Singh did not do anything. Raja implicated him in court. If you remember any high school civics you learnt you ll realise that the spectrum auctions could not have been done without the PM's support . What more evidence you need.
Last edited by gakakkad on 04 Sep 2011 16:53, edited 1 time in total.
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

But I would bet there are crores of people around the country who've taken the violence against Baba as an attack against everything they believe in and fight/fought for..
That is exactly what I wanted.Indians were a sleeping bunch of people . They needed a huge jhatka to wake them up. The jhatka could have been far worse than the lathi charge . (SAY A Chinese invasion , a huge financial crisis) . If a lathi charge awoke the sleeping giant than I am glad it happened .
Last edited by gakakkad on 04 Sep 2011 16:54, edited 1 time in total.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

devesh wrote:^^^
oh great.....now we're back on to the discussion that super comprehension man was so fond of...
btw where is Super Comprehendullah... MIA.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

gakakkad wrote:

But I would bet there are crores of people around the country who've taken the violence against Baba as an attack against everything they believe in and fight/fought for..
That is exactly what I wanted.Indians were a sleeping bunch of people . They needed a huge jhatka to wake them up. The jhatka could have been far worse than the lathi charge . (SAY A Chinese invasion , a huge financial crisis) . If a lathi charge awoke the sleeping giant than I am glad it happened .
Have you seen Emergency and have you seen JP movement and what these were like. Anna's is a wimpy flinch.
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

RamaY wrote:I am accusing that MMS's properties are worth more than 5Crores at market prices. Pls provide the list of his assets, exact location of his RE holdings, exact stock holdings (with ticker simbols and quantity of shares) then we can talk.
This is what the press reports state:
http://m.economictimes.com/PDAET/articl ... 849354.cms
As for the PM's declaration, he has no agricultural or non-agricultural land. He has residential house in Chandigarh with current market value of Rs 90 lakh.

Singh also has a flat in Delhi's posh Vasant Kunj area with the current market value of Rs 88.67 lakh.

The PM's wife Gursharan Kaur has over Rs 11 lakh in saving account in State Bank of Patiala Chandigarh.

He also has term and bank deposits in various banks totalling around Rs 3.22 crore.

The issue is not inaccuracy of market values, but whether assets were acquired from legitimately accumulated savings / income. It is for you and others accusing Dr. Singh of lying to show whether this man (who was FM for 5y and has been PM for 7y) has assets in excess of the declaration above. If you have no evidence, you should not be attacking his integrity.
RamaY wrote:Let's not make holy cows out of born liars. MMS lied on many occasions in the parliament.
Lying to Parliament is a very serious matter. Please provide evidence for this serious allegation. Otherwise please stop making unfounded and unjustified attacks. I fully believe Dr. Singh. Accusing an honest person of being dishonest is itself an act of great dishonesty.
Last edited by eklavya on 04 Sep 2011 16:59, edited 1 time in total.
nakul
BRFite

Post by nakul »

There have been other instances , but one I remember is a lady in Bombay swallowed some "medicine" of ramdev and it got stuck in the oesophagus. KEM hospital did a endoscopy. The drug was rock solid . It broke the endoscope .

Baba Ramdev sells ayurvedic medicines. He does not really go about giving holy ash or powdered bones as the MNCs would like us to believe. On the contrary, these ayurvedic medicines are supposed to help people cure themselves (aka OTC) unlike, the drugs supplied by the pharmaceutical industry where the emphasis is on profit, dependency (drugs that alleviate, not cure) and further decline of the immune system. The fact that people flock to him shows the despeartion in the larger section of people frustrated with western medicine and its notorious side-effects.

The rally against corruption was an extension of his ideology in preventing foreign entities from making India khokla (hollow). His stand was not particularly against corruption as such(note his strong opposition to money stored in foreign banks.
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

I Was not born then. But there was not as much widespread tv coverage in those days . So illiterate people may not have know what was going on. Now we have TV .so even if it was a wimpy moment it has had a great impact.
Last edited by gakakkad on 04 Sep 2011 17:07, edited 1 time in total.
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

Singh also has a flat in Delhi's posh Vasant Kunj area with the current market value of Rs 88.67 lakh.
88 lakh my foot.

I ll offer him 1 crore for this flat . If he is willing to sell it. If you know a thing about delhi real estate you ll know that this flat is worth several times more. Ask any delhi guy.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

when did Vasant Kunj become "posh". it is definitely an upper middle class area, but "posh" seems a little exaggerated. things might have changed though since the last time I've been there (8 years...)
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

http://classifieds.sulekha.com/delhi/va ... x?pageno=2

Apartment cost @ vasant vihar. Average price is between 5-20 crore.
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

nukavarapu wrote:
eklavya wrote:
You are accusing MMS of lying about his assets, and therefore you are also accusing him of being corrupt. You should offer some proof if you wish to make such a serious accusation. Otherwise, you are writing in an indecent and dishonest fashion.

So you mean to say that the 3G,CWG etc. happened with his knowledge, but he is clean as he did not take any monetary benefits, and he just did not want to disappoint UPA leaders by stopping them? Desh needs more people like you :roll:
Nukavarapu,

As the PM, Dr. Singh ought to have been aware of actions being taken by the Telecoms Ministry in the 2G spectrum allocation. It appears that he even gave written instruction to the Ministry questioning the way the allocation was being done, but the Telecoms Minister (Raja) basically wiped his a*ss with the PM's letter and flushed it down the loo.

1) Should the PM have sacked Raja then and there? I wish he had.
2) Were there political compulsions (DMK support for UPA) that stopped him from firing Raja? There probably were.
3) Should the PM have taken heed of the political compulsions? I wish he hadn't.

One part of me believes that the publication of the Raadia tapes and the CAG report on 2G had the PM's personal support. Sort of an "insurgency from within". I think this PM would even welcome a Kargil type inquiry into this affair. Not sure if his colleagues will support such a move. So, its good they get a bad name for it.

The Commonwealth Games disaster also happened right under the Government's nose.

1) Is the PM responsible? Of course, he is.
2) Did he make even Rs.1 from the CWG disaster? I have not seen any evidence to suggest that he did.

I would rather have 1 honest man in Government than a Government full of bandits. When the Government has more people like Dr. Singh and fewer people like "the typical corrupt politician", the better it will be for India.
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

gakakkad wrote:http://classifieds.sulekha.com/delhi/va ... x?pageno=2

Apartment cost @ vasant vihar. Average price is between 5-20 crore.
Vasant Vihar is not Vasant Kunj!

You clearly do not know S Delhi!
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

^^^ reading error. But even though it is slightly cheaper , still you can't get much in 88 lakh.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

eklavya's point is correct. It is not the current market price of the asset but the price at which acquired and if from legitimate sources of income that is important. If the purchase price at the time did not reflect the true value t that time then it is questionable. I know in Delhi Mukherjee Nagar one could get SFS flats in Rs 5L back then but same flat would cost much more now. Its price appreciation and not acquisition by corrupt means.

Whatever one may say about PM , he is certainly not corrupt personally. That is what is keeping CON Party from total rout.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Highlights of a STAR News-Nielsen survey of nearly 9,000 people across 28 cities after Anna Hazare called off his fast (all figures in percentage):

Who will you vote for? BJP:32 INC:20
Who was to blame for poor handling of Hazare movement? MMS:28 others:64
Would SG have handled better? No:54 Yes:40
Is it time for RG to take over as PM? No:54, Yes:39

If Hazare and Rahul faced off, who would you vote for? Hazare:78 Rahul:17

Kapil Sibal Vs Kiran Bedi? Bedi 74, Sibal:14

Chidu Vs Kejriwal: Kejriwal:58, Chidu:24

Who is to blame for corruption? All parties:75, Congress:22
This whole Nielsen survey being reported in the press has a lot of sinster design. First of all it is a common knowledge in the media and also grapevine that Nielsen is the hired agency of Congress party to conduct surveys for its political and domestic policy strategy.

Before Anna Hazare movement, it released via India Today their exhaustive and comprehensive survey in which BJP=175 and INC=120 are the results.

Now post Anna Hazare it released another survey and this one is also with pretty good sample. 28 cities means probably all the capital cities of states and 9000 is a decent sample. However, there is one important trend in this one. The survey is heckling the Anna team to start a political party.

I wrote in this fast moving thread that this movement is clearly being used by Congress party to create a national level manchurian party like the once they experimented at state level (Chiru, Gondar, MNS etc.) duing 2009 elections.