Telangana Monitor

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Dasari
BRFite

Re: Telangana Monitor

Post by Dasari »

devesh wrote:I propose a solution. why not give a lot of T people land and opportunities in a coastal city like Vishakhapatnam? I want to see how the Coastals react to that. lots of crying about "unconstitutional" etc. let's see how T mass "settlement" in Vishakha or Vijayawada is taken? things will eventually work out this way. Guntur and Krishna will see this trend starting in the next few years. the real fun will start once the coastal towns start getting this migration....

the number 50 lakh is doing rounds on the thread. so a commensurate 50 lakh T people in Vishakha and/or Vijayawada...... :)
With VSP, HPCL, HSL, VPT, NTPC, BHPV, HZL and Indian Navy's eastern Head quarters, Vizag is already a cosmopolitan city. There is a huge population of setters in Vizag.

In fact most of the prime land in and around Vizag is owned by settlers onlee. Fortunately the cancer of separatism didn't spread to Uttara Andhra. Not yet. Perhaps when KCR is kicked out of Telangana, he can return back to Bobbili and start it all over again. BTW, they also make fun of uttara andhra accent in movies, another similarity and a perfect launch pad for future KCRs.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

devesh wrote:I propose a solution. why not give a lot of T people land and opportunities in a coastal city like Vishakhapatnam? I want to see how the Coastals react to that. lots of crying about "unconstitutional" etc. let's see how T mass "settlement" in Vishakha or Vijayawada is taken? things will eventually work out this way. Guntur and Krishna will see this trend starting in the next few years. the real fun will start once the coastal towns start getting this migration....

the number 50 lakh is doing rounds on the thread. so a commensurate 50 lakh T people in Vishakha and/or Vijayawada...... :)
Telangana natives seeking job and business opportunities, or buying farmland or real estate on the coast would be a very welcome development as the human energy stimulates the economy for all.

Coming to their being "given" land etc., does anyone seriously believe that people of Telangana (other than elite mafia leaders) will be given free property in a separate Telangana state? If there is a belief that seemandhra people's property will be given free of cost after they have been chased out (as is being openly propagated ) then isn't it the duty of patriots to oppose such talk and such actions?
VenkataS
BRFite

Post by VenkataS »

If T agigators can demand and carve out a seperate state for themselves against the interests of the rest of the people in the state, why not provide the same opportunity to people in Hyderabad who do not want to be a part of Telangana.

I do not know what the current ground sentiment is in Hyderabad. Maybe somebody who is currently residing in Hyderabad can pitch in on whether a majority of the current residents in Hyderabad do not want to be a part of Telangana.

If it is necessary to create a new Telangana state, and if a majority of people in greater Hyderabad demand a new state for themselves then it is only fair to accede to their demand and create a new Hyderabad state.

This new state mostly will comprise of areas of present day greater Hyderabad including Ranga Reddy district and some geographically contiguous areas of Medak, Nalgonda and Mahbubnagar districts. This new state would have a border with Karnataka on the west and the new Telangana state to the north, south and east.

Also each Mandal within Medak, Nalgonda and Mahbubnagar which has geographic continuity with Hyderabad state (and if it is within 50 kms, for example, of central Hyderabad can choose to be a part of the new state or remain with T).

If a new state needs to be formed then it is only fair that people of Hyderabad should have a say in what their future should look like.

This way we can have three new states Hyderabad, Telangana, AndhraSeema and everybody can have self rule.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

The deal between Congress and Jagan gangs is doing around for sometime and one sitting between Sonia and Jagan said to be over. I had personal talk with one of the EJ fellows and he confirmed the meeting. So patch up at least unofficial one is possible soon.

There is serious opposition to division from Non Telangana leaders and many have told Sonia gang Congress will be kicked out in entire AP if the division is effected with TRS in T and TDP in rest of AP winning land slid victory. Jagan can not stop and anger and will never be trusted by anti congress voters. So there is fear now in Delhi that there will be serious loss of seats and possible loss of power in Delhi in 2014 because of AP developments.

Jagan is quite active in EJ work even now. Lakhs of rupees and threats on life are being offered simultaneously to Major Brahmin pundits in AP to convert and start active propagation of EJ message by Jagan personally. If division facilitates interest of EJ activities then that also will be a factor.

Fear of uncertainty and opposition from allies like TMC, NC, NCP is also a factor. I dont see any reason for those parties to change their stand merely there are problems and agitations in AP. They have their own division movements to contend with.

It all comes to one and only one issue - What is beneficial to Italian gang? Indira Gandhi had a soft corner for Telugu people because of their support to her during difficult times she faced. But present dispensation in Congress has no such connect with any one in the nation. The only aim is to win 2014 and continue EJ and looting activities.
a_bharat
BRFite

Post by a_bharat »

ShyamSP wrote: Whatever "Mulki rules" apply, they are natives of Hyderabad so no case of them going back any where.
The devil is in details: per original Nizam's mulki rules 15 years of stay was required for someone to be eligible for local jobs; per the gentlemen agreement it was 11 or 12 years; per the six point formula deal (after the Jai Andhra movement), 4 years of stay in the region makes one eligible for local jobs/educational opportunities. If T is formed, it is higly likely that the old mulki rules would be reinstated.

The bigger problem would be the T demagogues making the Andhra people scapegoats for their certain failure to deliver anything of significance to T people after formation of T and inciting the mobs against them.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

Narayana Rao garu,

are you sure about the info that Jagan is forcing Hindu priests to convert to EJ'ism? where did you get that from?
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Here is what Andhra Jyothy reports as headlines (quoting directly from this morning paper)

1) MMS tells that his own government is in crisis and hence it is difficult to solve T. "stability of the the central government is at stake" - MMS
2) In interaction with KCR, we are planning a grand solution that will be a win-win for all regions. [God know what that solution is :)
3) With T-INC leaders, he told that by announcing a solution, we don't want multiple struggles somewhere else.

The government needs time to solve. :)
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

devesh wrote:Narayana Rao garu,

are you sure about the info that Jagan is forcing Hindu priests to convert to EJ'ism? where did you get that from?
From a well known Vedic pundit whom of course I can not name. I was in Hyderabad to perform Homam and for that purpose I went to his house and he was telling lot of things. 2,000/- per person is being paid per month till the people are fulling converted in their mind and some educated people or Bramin people will be paid in Lakhs. Tv stations are being paid anywhere between 30,000 to 1 lakh per half hour to air EJ messages. We are all idots fighting useless issues when destruction Indic civilisation all Telugu lands should have been the main issue. I am quite depressed after the visit.

By the way you are resident of Hyderabad or NRI?
KSKumar
BRFite

Post by KSKumar »

Satya_anveshi wrote:
vnadendla wrote:What you are essentially said is "We will take political control of Hyderabad and force companies to hire Telangana natives almost exclusively"
KSKumar wrote:you are back with "let's have some violence" posts.
When you can't debate then pull strawmen argument by misquoting others and ascribing unitented motives and then do shadow boxing over that.

I have made multiple references of providing economic package, sustaining the growth agenda of Hyd and further providing impetus and ins spite of it vnadendla wants to misquote me for saying what is obvious to me that prior to evening forming the govt, who is going to form the govt and what sort of leaders...as they say..."avva ledu buvva ledu alludu peru somalingam". suffice to say I will be last person to call for govt meddling in these respects of private businesses.

KSKumar keeps doing what he is..he should also take heed out of the Plato quote I referred to RamaY. I hope you can find relevent quote in my posts calling for "let's have some violence". Ramana called for cutting out personal and this is second time KSKumar is going personal and misquoting/ascribing unintented motives.
Please explain what "raising costs of the status quo for Andhrites" means?

I will read that in context to the other hot heads from this region who have been saying the same thing in a more direct manner, viz., kick them out and snatch their "wealth".
nvishal
BRFite

Post by nvishal »

T people are illogical. They fail to understand that telangana is going to be formed without hyderabad(a UT). Andhra's holding material interest in UT hyd are going to be air dropping in and out of hyderabad followed by basic supplies like water, glucose biscuits and electricity.
vnadendla
BRFite

Post by vnadendla »

nvishal wrote:T people are illogical. They fail to understand that telangana is going to be formed without hyderabad(a UT). Andhra's holding material interest in UT hyd are going to be air dropping in and out of hyderabad followed by basic supplies like water, glucose biscuits and electricity.
Yeah! You are in same country still bro!
vnadendla
BRFite

Post by vnadendla »

Satya_anveshi wrote:I notice the switch in your first question about water and now this follow up question about "water and development".
when you talk about employment opportunities within the context of telangana/andhra, my obvious take was on st jobs. Private sector has to play within the state govt fiscal/economic policies which will result out of state's political dynamics. Are you seriously expecting me to comment on that? :D I would have a great answer if I was in contention for that top post :lol:
Likewise, are to as talk about teh economic/fiscal policies of new Andhra state from this perspective.

"proper representation" comes from Einstein's theory of relativity :rotfl: 1/20=0.05; 1/10=0.1; 0.1>0.05. When those folks :(( , it will be heard loud and clear and without having to deal with these type of mofos
Satya_anveshi wrote:
vnadendla wrote:What you are essentially said is "We will take political control of Hyderabad and force companies to hire Telangana natives almost exclusively"

When you can't debate then pull strawmen argument by misquoting others and ascribing unitented motives and then do shadow boxing over that.

I have made multiple references of providing economic package, sustaining the growth agenda of Hyd and further providing impetus and ins spite of it vnadendla wants to misquote me for saying what is obvious to me that prior to evening forming the govt, who is going to form the govt and what sort of leaders...as they say..."avva ledu buvva ledu alludu peru somalingam". suffice to say I will be last person to call for govt meddling in these respects of private businesses.

What do you think this means? Don't tell me it means sustaining the growth agenda of Hyd and further providing impetus .
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

vnadendla,

do you understand the difference between a recommendation (that the govt do this and that) which I mentioned in those contexts vs a likely policy formulation dynamic which was talked about in a different context?

What the F is wrong with you guys in trying to ascribing motives behind? Some guy picks up why name has "satya" in it, the other picks up "anveshana" and inspite of clarifying, you go on pick my statements out of contexts.

can you guys do better than this?
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

nvishal wrote:T people are illogical. They fail to understand that telangana is going to be formed without hyderabad(a UT). Andhra's holding material interest in UT hyd are going to be air dropping in and out of hyderabad followed by basic supplies like water, glucose biscuits and electricity.

your post shows the utter stupidity that is emanating from your mind. seriously, Aid dropping? wtf is this? a secession?
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

KSKumar wrote:Please explain what "raising costs of the status quo for Andhrites" means?

I will read that in context to the other hot heads from this region who have been saying the same thing in a more direct manner, viz., kick them out and snatch their "wealth".
You could have asked this question before ( which I think is a fair follow up question to my post)?
Why can't raising the costs mean more intense civil disobediance movement, more peaceful non-cooperation, more targetted public relations campaign with straight facts within and without Telangana, better coordination within the political parties of Telangana - these steps will raise costs way too higher than what is being done today which has an element of hotch-potch to it even though the move is based on a solid, very very real grievances of Andhrites shafting Telanganas and the region being treated as a colony in Independent India.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

Narayana Rao wrote:From a well known Vedic pundit whom of course I can not name. I was in Hyderabad to perform Homam and for that purpose I went to his house and he was telling lot of things. 2,000/- per person is being paid per month till the people are fulling converted in their mind and some educated people or Bramin people will be paid in Lakhs. Tv stations are being paid anywhere between 30,000 to 1 lakh per half hour to air EJ messages. We are all idots fighting useless issues when destruction Indic civilisation all Telugu lands should have been the main issue. I am quite depressed after the visit.

Holy $hit! and here I am trying to earn bread and butter when lakshmi is knocking the door. I wish all the "intellectuals" line up and make good of the money, empty the koffers as they do their prayers of Jesus Krishna.

convert soon, convert often, make monies and take care of your families, sanatana dharma will take care of itself :)
vnadendla
BRFite

Post by vnadendla »

Satya_anveshi wrote:vnadendla,

do you understand the difference between a recommendation (that the govt do this and that) which I mentioned in those contexts vs a likely policy formulation dynamic which was talked about in a different context?

What the F is wrong with you guys in trying to ascribing motives behind? Some guy picks up why name has "satya" in it, the other picks up "anveshana" and inspite of clarifying, you go on pick my statements out of contexts.

can you guys do better than this?
I ignore rants.
what does Private sector has to play within the state govt fiscal/economic policies which will result out of state's political dynamics mean? Don't play with words. Give straight answer. To me it means state's political dynamics will influence Private sector. Period. The statement is true by the way. Nothing to be ashamed of. It just gives more credence to "settlers" fears which will make you uneasy to admit. You cannot get telangana by targetting "settlers". You have to incorporate them. Which means a political settlement with Andhras. Mommy will not come beat up big brother and give you the toy. Even if you yell and cry louder.
This doesn't mean no Telangana. It could still happen. But you need to talk and get to a political settlement. What KCR is hoping is he can create bigger and bigger mess and at some point he will get what he wants without compromising.
Last edited by vnadendla on 04 Oct 2011 19:02, edited 3 times in total.
vnadendla
BRFite

Post by vnadendla »

Satya_anveshi wrote:
KSKumar wrote:Please explain what "raising costs of the status quo for Andhrites" means?

You could have asked this question before ( which I think is a fair follow up question to my post)?
Why can't raising the costs mean more intense civil disobediance movement, more peaceful non-cooperation, more targetted public relations campaign with straight facts within and without Telangana, better coordination within the political parties of Telangana - these steps will raise costs way too higher than what is being done today which has an element of hotch-potch to it even though the move is based on a solid, very very real grievances of Andhrites shafting Telanganas and the region being treated as a colony in Independent India.
Yeah right!
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Satya_anveshi wrote:

Huh? I'm all confused! :roll: :shock: :lol:

You mean to say peaceful manner like this? Your KCR wears Gandhi Topi in Delhi and says "Dhadulu Cheyandi" (attack) in AP. All T gang behave like cats with tails stuck in Delhi but in AP they roar like hyenas. You use "F" words and "P" words generously and simultaneously - What a skill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcLkSd07TrA
Last edited by ShyamSP on 04 Oct 2011 19:16, edited 1 time in total.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

vnadendla,

thanks for confirming you have nothing to say...nitpicking my posts out of context and clutching at the straws is giving a false sense that you have a point.

if someone makes a statement there won't and shouldn't be any such discrimination...all your evil hunting will fail the test. All those who domiciled to Telangana are Telanganites. Thanks for playing.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

It may mean raising vehicle repair costs and hospital bills.

Looks like it is time to alert our Rayalaseema Mekha pothu (male goat) * to send his goat army to attack those T sheep. :rotfl:

* Hint. minister T G Venkatesh
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

India achieved indepedence from british using peaceful means and non-cooperation as strategy. The whole nation by and large adopted this strategy. this does not mean there we pockets of infringments with in India who were against it and did their thing. This is not to be taken as condoning those acts of vandalism, violence against whoever but that does not mean we lose sight of larger picture. Given the stakes involved, the movement is, IMO, surprisingly peaceful. for far far less we have seen political violence in india particularly in places like vijayawada and hyderabad involving heavy casualties.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

Oh..there you have..threat of violence in reverse from ShyamSP...bring it on.
vnadendla
BRFite

Post by vnadendla »

Satya_anveshi wrote:vnadendla,

thanks for confirming you have nothing to say...nitpicking my posts out of context and clutching at the straws is giving a false sense that you have a point.

if someone makes a statement there won't and shouldn't be any such discrimination...all your evil hunting will fail the test. All those who domiciled to Telangana are Telanganites. Thanks for playing.
Again I ignore rants. Don't waste your breath.

Really! A statement will stop discrimination? Why don't you make that? Lets see if there is some change. Like accepting AP chief minister is from Telangana. Like accepting Telanganites hold most of AP jobs (since settlers are Telanganites).

Or Andhras will make the same statement. And there will be no discrimination against Telanganites. And you will accept that!

Discrimination is fact of life. Ascribinng incompetance to Discrimination is also fact of life. Political dynamics influence private businesses. Telangana is asked for that reason. Hyderabad UT is being asked for that reason. We can come to some compromise which reduces Discrimination and gives Telanganites some say in Political dynamics. Private businesses will come with (right ot wrong) excuse of incompetance which requires some sort of educational solution. ie you will get jobs if you increase your skill level.
vnadendla
BRFite

Post by vnadendla »

Satya_anveshi wrote:India achieved indepedence from british using peaceful means and non-cooperation as strategy. The whole nation by and large adopted this strategy. this does not mean there we pockets of infringments with in India who were against it and did their thing. This is not to be taken as condoning those acts of vandalism, violence against whoever but that does not mean we lose sight of larger picture. Given the stakes involved, the movement is, IMO, surprisingly peaceful. for far far less we have seen political violence in india particularly in places like vijayawada and hyderabad involving heavy casualties.
Please please don't compare Indian freedom movement with Telangana. Gandhi will never tolerate what KCR is doing even if he thought Telangana is right.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Satya_anveshi wrote:Oh..there you have..threat of violence in reverse from ShyamSP...bring it on.

What threat of violence? When goats and sheep are fighting, it is festive season and betting season.

I just saw on the ticker that your KCR bet for 100:1 in favor of sheep. He said, "We trained our sheep excellent. They are trained to fight not think by our JAC for sheeps under our head sheep Kondanda".
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Satya_anveshi wrote:
Narayana Rao wrote:From a well known Vedic pundit whom of course I can not name. I was in Hyderabad to perform Homam and for that purpose I went to his house and he was telling lot of things. 2,000/- per person is being paid per month till the people are fulling converted in their mind and some educated people or Bramin people will be paid in Lakhs. Tv stations are being paid anywhere between 30,000 to 1 lakh per half hour to air EJ messages. We are all idots fighting useless issues when destruction Indic civilisation all Telugu lands should have been the main issue. I am quite depressed after the visit.

Holy $hit! and here I am trying to earn bread and butter when lakshmi is knocking the door. I wish all the "intellectuals" line up and make good of the money, empty the koffers as they do their prayers of Jesus Krishna.

convert soon, convert often, make monies and take care of your families, sanatana dharma will take care of itself :)
I have replied to Devesh post, S_A Garu. As for as earning money is concern there is no need to do hard work or covert. Say Jai Telangana and start collecting donations just like KCR and his criminal gangs. There are lot of Medhavi forums and associations in AP all supporting naxals and presently Telangana agitation. You can join them also and earn the title of "intellectual"

As for as Sanathana Dharma taking care of itself without any one doing anyting. It is the most stupid statements of a long line of stupid statements written by you. Perhaps the millions killed in countless Jihads and Christan imperialism over a thousand years in our nation will tell a different story.

By the way if Dharma can take care of itself why we need Telangana state. As long as the Telangana people are in the side of Dharma they should be Ok without any other things and without doing any effort right?
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

satya_anveshi garu and others:

Regarding discrimination of T by A folks, too much is being made out of breaking gentlemen agreement (though I agree political stuff such as CM/Dy CM are definite faults). It was a fact that there was lack of qualified persons from T areas post independence. yes you can say that this merger was wrong etc but a lot has happened ( a lot good and bad too). Actually I learnt one interesting fact at a family gathering ( a lot of T and few of us A ). A huge lot of T in 1947 are really illiterate and those several of those who are lliterate does not know how to read and write either in English or in Telugu. Most of them know how to write in Urdu but can speak Telugu. This led to breaking the gentleman's agreement with concurrence from T legislators. teachers is the first trade where the rule was broken.

again this is toooo much of noise about government jobs as they are coming down rapidly. A lot of T folks have caught up in education and are in private sector.

I really see a lot of Andhra occupation is in the farm lands. Entire agitation is focussing on throwing out Andhras from businessess or HYD etc. ( though it is all rhetoric ). . Read vishnua posts on this thread several pages ago. In villages there are settlers colonies and the farms under these are said to be more productive than that are owned by T folks.

Not to generalize but here are couple of examples that I can give:
1) Tenants in my bro's house in Medak Dt are from same district who has leased their farms to folks from Guntur district. Tell me why in the world you can't find lease-farmers from T. His answer is they are very obedient and prompt.
2) When my bus was stopped at Nakirekkal on the way to Hyderabad, I had a good chat with an MBA guy who is a Reddy doing farming in Kodada (Nalgonda area bordering Krishna Dt). He explained that it is very difficult to get the work done using T labor. He either hires labor from N.Andhra or UP/Bihar. He prefers UP as they are cheap.

I do not think it is fair to blame all the ills on Andhras for T stuff and telling the world that separation will solve everything. There are several things that could have been done at community levels.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

Narayana Rao wrote:By the way if Dharma can take care of itself why we need Telangana state. As long as the Telangana people are in the side of Dharma they should be Ok without any other things and without doing any effort right?
because Telangana issue is not a religion related issue. only stupid dumbfu(ks associate Telangana issue with that of religious issue.
My post on conversion had nothing to do with Telangana or Andhra but was a general remark. But N rao in his infinite hatred wisdom remarks thusly above.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Muppalla wrote: I really see a lot of Andhra occupation is in the farm lands. Entire agitation is focussing on throwing out Andhras from businessess or HYD etc. ( though it is all rhetoric ). . Read vishnua posts on this thread several pages ago. In villages there are settlers colonies and the farms under these are said to be more productive than that are owned by T folks.

1) Tenants in my bro's house in Medak Dt are from same district who has leased their farms to folks from Guntur district. Tell me why in the world you can't find lease-farmers from T. His answer is they are very obedient and prompt.
2) When my bus was stopped at Nakirekkal on the way to Hyderabad, I had a good chat with an MBA guy who is a Reddy doing farming in Kodada (Nalgonda area bordering Krishna Dt). He explained that it is very difficult to get the work done using T labor. He either hires labor from N.Andhra or UP/Bihar. He prefers UP as they are cheap.

I do not think it is fair to blame all the ills on Andhras for T stuff and telling the world that separation will solve everything. There are several things that could have been done at community levels.
+1. Got similar inputs from locals in Nizamabad dist when I visited there a couple of months back.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

RamaY wrote:
Muppalla wrote: I really see a lot of Andhra occupation is in the farm lands. Entire agitation is focussing on throwing out Andhras from businessess or HYD etc. ( though it is all rhetoric ). . Read vishnua posts on this thread several pages ago. In villages there are settlers colonies and the farms under these are said to be more productive than that are owned by T folks.

+1. Got similar inputs from locals in Nizamabad dist when I visited there a couple of months back.
Once they get it, they can extort from any where.

Politicians extort money from businesses and naxlas from farmlands. Central politicians will have better control on locals and in turn extort from them.

Since there won't be any growth dynamics, only way they can provide new opportunities is by displacement.
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

Muppalla garu,

Let me tell you this. Forget CA farmers in T, pure T farmers stopped hiring T Labour long ago for fear of maoist collaboration.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

There are two sides to it ShyamSP garu,

On one side the T-farmers are impressed by more experienced farming techniques and skills from A-farming community.

But on the other side, they are losing the ownership of their lands at throw-away prices. For example one acre in W.G. Dist will get ~10-20 Acres in rural telangana.

What telangana needs is help in bringing them at par with rest of Andhra in all aspects of development. Instead they are losing ownership of the little they have.
vnadendla
BRFite

Post by vnadendla »

RamaY wrote:There are two sides to it ShyamSP garu,

On one side the T-farmers are impressed by more experienced farming techniques and skills from A-farming community.

But on the other side, they are losing the ownership of their lands at throw-away prices. For example one acre in W.G. Dist will get ~10-20 Acres in rural telangana.

What telangana needs is help in bringing them at par with rest of Andhra in all aspects of development. Instead they are losing ownership of the little they have.
So you are going to ban sales of land? If my children need to go to college or there is a marriage in family how do I get the money. You will cause more trouble banning sales.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

Muppala garu,

Regards Agri / Water and irrigation based issues, do little more deeper analysis to understand the grievances IN the context of the way in which agreements are broken.

1. Telangana relied heavily on the Tanks and Canal type of irrigation (about 70% of all irrigated lands) - refer the source mix of Irrigation at the time of 56 and trends until 2008/09. I think this was done in SKC as well.

2. Now related to how the neglect of all Tank related Telangana projects suffered in NOT SO SMALL measure due to EXTREME and INTENTIONAL neglect by Andhrites; Mind you these projects were *safeguarded* in the agreements
2.1. Change of Nagarjuna Sagar dam from what agreed earlier to benefit 50-50 equally to benefit primarily Andhra
2.2. Rajolibonda project which was to benefit Telangana was received with complete neglect and to this day is suffering;
2.3 Srisailam left canal, to this day, is suffering because benefits go to Telangana; which right side was completed in RECORD time
2.4 On the Godavari side, Pochampad phase II never got kick started
2.5 Polavaram which is primarily to benefit Andhra even though bulk of villages will be submerged in Telangana will be on track

and there are more of these I can point. Try to understand whether these issues related to water are INSTITUTIONAL neglect or just happenstance. Why is that every time an andhra project is found to be more pressing priority at the cost of a Telangana project?

Note also that even when Telanganas share of revenue is/was higher, those revenue were not used up to EVEN maintain the project that were in existence at the time leading to maintenance issues let alone executing PROMISED projects on track.

Telangana farmers were accustomed to getting water supplied to their fields for a small fee as revenue for the state while state bore INVESTMENT costs. What happened with ther NEGLECT is they were left to rely on other source with NO ACCESS to capital. This led to sell off and only until recently AFTER GIVIN up hopes Telanganas have swithed to well irrigation.
Ultimately, Telanganas have made progress DUE TO INCREASED reliance of Power/Bore wells but they got shafted on two fronts -

1. They Revenue did not get used for their projects; Water was not supplied in return with costs borne by state
2. They had to shell out their capital on THEIR OWN and invest in bores.

Those who could not do it had to look for people who can or sell out. That is really the root cause of this issue.
Last edited by Satya_anveshi on 04 Oct 2011 21:58, edited 1 time in total.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

argg..what an attrocious typing.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

I don't have a solution. If it were to me I would say ban agri-land purchases by non-T people until the prices reach equilibrium.

P.S: I wanted to buy 3-5 acres land in Telangana this year. But after listening to that song in Poru Telangana, I put a self-moratorium.
vnadendla
BRFite

Post by vnadendla »

RamaY wrote:I don't have a solution. If it were to me I would say ban agri-land purchases by non-T people until the prices reach equilibrium.

P.S: I wanted to buy 3-5 acres land in Telangana this year. But after listening to that song in Poru Telangana, I put a self-moratorium.
Even that is not fair. The T guy who is selling will get less because of the ban.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

RamaY wrote:There are two sides to it ShyamSP garu,

RamaY wrote:I don't have a solution. If it were to me I would say ban agri-land purchases by non-T people until the prices reach equilibrium.

Looks like there is hidden commie in you :rotfl:

If I sell 1 acre of land in Nellore dist, I can buy 20 in Ananthapur. You suggest ban on Anathpur also. You can say they are selling of 1 kg gold and buying many kgs of copper so ban purchase of copper. You can sell 1 prime property in Delhi/Mumbai and buy many properties in Hyderabad.

$100000 investment fetches $5000 per year (@5% rate). If you're investment is $1000, you fetch only $50. You can't reach equilibrium unless you apply grab and distribute commie technique. To reach equilibrium, let's hog Delhi/Mumbai in development until Hyderabad reaches their level.
Last edited by ShyamSP on 04 Oct 2011 22:18, edited 1 time in total.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

That is why I said I don't know.

The locals I spoke to in Nizamabad area told me that the land prices increased from Rs50K to Rs3L per acre in a year. I told them to increase up to Rs 8-10L to collect fees for the Godavari water.

A better approach is to reserve river waters to T-region and complete those projects in 5 years.

Unfortunately both YSR1 and YSR2 admins wasted the opportunity. YSR should have started the T-projects first and complete them in his 1st term.

The problem is we cannot rely on our own leadership to deliver any project on time. Now it is too difficult to convince the t-folks.

swayamkrutaaparaadham.