Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): Sep 22, 2011

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): Sep 22, 20

Post by RajeshA »

So USA is gathering its forces along the Afghan side of the border opposite to North Waziristan. Hillary Clinton is also soon going to be arriving in Pakistan!

What is cooking?

Is Pakistani so-virginity on the line? Is Hillary bringing some ultimatum?

Kiyani may be willing to deliver only in ones and twos, and that too only to the drones! He may not be willing to go beyond that! Have the Americans sufficiently bolstered their NDN already? Is winter the right time to fight? Is Obama vulnerable if he lets Pakistan to make a fool of him? It is now open secret, that Pakistan has been making a fool of America!

The Republicans can say that at least GWB did not know about OBL staying as an honorable guest in Pakistan! Obama knew and still did not do anything about it to punish the Pakis for this sin! The Republicans may be keeping back their ammunition on this front till a time when it becomes to late for Obama to do something!
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

i dont think the US actually wants a war with pakistan, but the paquis are actually stupid enough to precipitate it, leaving unkil with no option...
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

harbans wrote:Anyone read this blog before on Kandahar Hijack? :D

http://ee.1asphost.com/raehatualmisk/az ... eedom.html

Many here may not be quite aware of what happened then. But it was widely reported that Jaswant Singh did indeed try and hug up with the Taliban. Amber G is not the first person to mention this. I have a very close association with that incident one that i would not like to reveal here. JS may have been under pressure, tremendous pressure but his performance under that whatever the constraints will be under scanner and criticism. That hugging part IIRC was trying to create a split between the Taliban and Paki handlers. Wasn't going to work in the first place. But that strand of thinking of attempting that was prevalent in some Govt circles. That circle got the better during Agra too.
Thanks Harbans for setting the record straight. For those who are long time observers of this forum will know that BRF was one of the first (at least I heard it here for the first time) to "criticize" "Jassoo Mithaiwala". There was one poster here who will post that again and again. Ironically I got a lot of flake defending JS (again my point then, as it is now, was not to object to criticism of an act but rather calling a person unpatriotic). Interestingly polarity of ferromagnetic field was such in those times that this particular poster was apparently a favorite of BRF-admins, inside the clique...in any case he had his say with impunity. Strange how there is a 180 turn. /sigh/

Also some one asked me if my relatives were on that flight. Answer to that is yes.
I point it out, because around that time the relatives were criticized heavily in BRF as unpatriotic. /sigh/
parsuram
BRFite

Post by parsuram »

Lalmohan wrote:i dont think the US actually wants a war with pakistan, but the paquis are actually stupid enough to precipitate it, leaving unkil with no option...
It seems to me (no, not being optimistic) that what US has opened up is more than just a short jaunt into the Afghan countryside, which happens to be on the paki's border. This is a serious initiative on a certain type ladder which may just (being optimistic) go up and up...The paki, being oh so islamically protected, will not know it until too late - if that is, the paki mindlessly (how else) starts to climb and climb... Go paki, climb.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

amit wrote:
gakakkad wrote:
But some of the people the user Somnath (who is probably an economist associated in the past with the govt) was trying to defend are clearly anti national.. (especially the timings , immediately after a terror strike when every decent Indian would be angry). Its was similar to justifying taliban immediately after 9/11..
One of the persons somnath tried to justify wrote a highly libellous article against the Gujaratis (especially the expatriates ). As a Gujarati I felt like doing a whole lot of things to him... Some of the other people attended Fai's meetings...Fai as you know was a member of the ISI...
It's interesting how facts as it happened can be massaged to alter the narrative to suits any particular POV.

The facts: The "moral compass" going haywire comment by Ramana was directed at me with Somnath, unfortunately, getting a free ride. Now since Somnath ruffled more feathers than he realised (and certainly more than I did!) he gets all the credit! However, on hindsight I guess I ruffled fewer but more important feathers! :-)

And why was my "moral compass" questioned? That's because I objected to a poster speculating that everybody's favourite "Doggy" Singh knew about 26/11 and kept quiet about it in the TSP dhaga. Mind you I did not object to the post/allegation (call it what you will) itself. My limited point was that since this is a high profile dhaga with a lot of Pak Lurks and others visiting, this was not the appropriate place for this post as it just feeds into the Pak propaganda that 26/11 was done by India to malign Pakistan.

The said poster responded to my comment much later. But before that, another very high profile Admin jumped in and with skill befitting his high status in the BRF hierarchy twisted that into a Congress/anti-national vs BJP/nationalist argument that is so common here (remember one poster has even called for labeling or BRFites who are deemed to be Congress supporters as traitors)! He even threw in the name of Col Purohit for good measure and this from someone who dislikes posters using strawmen! :)

The whole chain of arguments are in the archives, if the admins have not deleted them, anyone interested can have a look.

It is here that the famous "moral compass" point came in.

The funny thing is just before this series of exchanges Somnath made a post about the Fai episode (that's the time frame), if any one cares to look I wrote a pretty "spirited" response to his POV (in disagreement). So much for both our "moral compasses" pointing in the same direction.
I regret the insult to the scientists and the highly respected particle physicist who used to post here once...And I expressed that before even..
You draw the right conclusion here. I feel the "moral compass" went haywire due to the high radiation in the nuke dhaga, the place where Somnath and I had a very close POV. This dhaga is probably most high profile but it's the nuke dhaga which has over the past few years witnessed the most septic discussions on this forum, reaching its regrettable low with Arun_S (unfortunately I feel, given his contributions) leaving.

Positioned hardened in that dhaga, it just expressed itself in this thread.

So just to reiterate, don't write a new narrative about the "moral compass" just move on. I'm sure BRF can do without me or Somnath so there's no need to justify Ramana's provocative post.

Sorry for the OT, but I must say I'm impressed by how daily the narrative was/is being reshaped without disturbing anyone's "moral compass".
Amit - Welcome (back?) and thanks for an excellent post to set the record straight.
I am just a brf-oldie, do not speak officially for brf, but if it helps, and let me apologize on the behalf of good people/posters of the brf about the way you were treated.

The strange, if not disgraceful, part of that whole episode of moral compass, in my view, was, that so many posters jumped in to be witness, jury and *judge* to post who is pure/impure (or who is more impure/pure among the tow).

They, of course, as you pointed out, did not pay attention to the individual posts but let their prejudices run amok. Not one had courage to examine his/her own behavior but ready to pass judgement on others.

Thanks again for setting the record straight. सत्यमेव जयते.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

amit wrote:That's because I objected to a poster speculating that everybody's favourite "Doggy" Singh knew about 26/11 and kept quiet about it in the TSP dhaga. Mind you I did not object to the post/allegation (call it what you will) itself. My limited point was that since this is a high profile dhaga with a lot of Pak Lurks and others visiting, this was not the appropriate place for this post as it just feeds into the Pak propaganda that 26/11 was done by India to malign Pakistan.
Amit, good to hear from you again.

However, I must say I disagree with the idea that we on BRF should censor ourselves for the sake of catering to Pak Lurks, of all people. Pak Lurks already have their own Zaid Hamid inspired ideas about who was responsible for 26/11, and nothing said here will impact that (as much as Doggy Singh's own public pronouncements already have.)

Besides, the alleged involvement or complicity of Doggy Singh in 26/11 in no way detracts from the fact of Pakistani ISI culpability, which has been established many times over... in dossiers of evidence presented to various international capitals, and in courtrooms as far away as Chicago. Meanwhile, the Mainovadi sarkar has appointed official "interlocutors" on Kashmir who are reported to have attended ISI-sponsored "Kashmir Conferences" hosted by ISI agent Ghulam Nabi Fai. The entire fabricated "Hindutva terrorism" witch hunt launched by Doggy Singh et al, plays directly into the hands of Zaid Hamid-peddled conspiracy theories about the terrorists "wearing wrist-threads" etc. As a matter of Indian national security being impacted by Pakistan and its proxies, the alleged involvement of Doggy Singh is by no means implausible, and certainly bears discussion on this dhaga.

Just a disagreement, not a "judgment" or anything 8)
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

amit wrote:.......
good to see you post again. compass commentটা গায়ে মেখে নেওয়ার কোনো দরকার ছিলো না
there was no need to think it was primarily aimed at you.

many of somnath's views have been very disturbing, this has been noted by almost every moderator. and I am not talking only of the pro-maoist uttering. when a person automatically assumes at nearly every instance that GOI has been lying about critical issues like 1948 kashmir war to terrorism, the question of moral compass will be raised on a pro-India forum. this is after all BR, not a kashmir workshop by Fai. it may have been unintentional on his part while trying to stay objective but it still warrants some introspection IMO.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Published on Oct 17, 2011
By James Lamont
Heartache in Rawalpindi: FT
A personal betrayal has followed. His best friend in the US military, Admiral Mike Mullen, had worked hard to gain Gen Kayani’s trust. But Adm Mullen’s parting shot before his own retirement was to claim “veritable” links between Pakistan’s military intelligence and a dangerous militant proxy called the Haqqani. Adm Mullen’s incendiary remarks are still burning in army headquarters in Rawalpindi. At worst, the comments infer that the Haqqani network has a “mail order” type relationship with masters in Islamabad who call up attacks on Nato troops in Afghanistan. If so, the US and Pakistan are closer to a state of war than strategic alliance. Frenzy has ensued. Some in Pakistan think the US will invade their country. And even the most sanguine shudder at the consequences of a second US raid against a target like Ayman al-Zawahiri, an al-Qaeda leader, who is believed to be hiding in Pakistan.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

...this is after all BR, not a kashmir workshop by Fai
Yes, it is (or ought to be) BR and not a kasmir workshop ... and since Fai's has been mentioned here so many times recently, it is safe to assume that people are familiar with him. He has been in the news , so if one is not familiar, one can easily get background on him.

What may be less well known, since it got little public exposure, is there is one hero who exposed/documented Fai and his documents and research were immense help to FBI and that help has been acknowledged. (some of it, but not much, is in main-stream media but involved people know). **parts edited by Author **

Here is link to one of the classic piece by this person in way back in 20XX..which became basis of documentation of US's case.

For example, he mentions (with proof, way back in 20XX)

Guess what? This respected and knowledgeable human being was a prolific poster in BRF but , Yes, he became one of the victims of "moral compass"!

Something stakeholders of BRF should really think about.

And for the perspective,.. in the great fizzle-sizzle debate, when one of the things he pointed out were the cracks in the village near where the boom took place, he was dismissed because those "photos were taken by a "jhola-wala" " ( ... no I am not making it up.. similar postings were what made him unpopular among powers to be in BRF)... what followed is very well documented and known, even outside BRF...

I have *no* interest in starting out the whole debate, just wanted to set the record straight and give the perspective that all that big talk about "moral compass" , sometimes , is just an excuse for narrow narrative.

Jai Hind.

Parts edited or amended - JE Menon
Some more particulars deleted - Also thanks to RudraD and JEM.
Last edited by Amber G. on 19 Oct 2011 03:55, edited 2 times in total.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Amber G ji, thanks for editing. You might want to consider removing the remaining reference to the person's profession as well.
Last edited by Rudradev on 19 Oct 2011 02:32, edited 1 time in total.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Rudradev - I think I get your point....
Rest deleted by author *** no longer necessary***
(The post was edited and I want to give thanks to Rudra and JEM for the advice and action)
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/10/ ... 1927.shtml
Afghans want advanced weapons to bolster defense
AP) KABUL, Afghanistan - Afghanistan needs more advanced weapons, like fighter jets, to defend against foreign threats, while the current firepower is enough to deal with insurgents, the country's defense minister said Tuesday.The United States, as part of an effort to bolster, train and equip the Afghan army, has provided billions of dollars in equipment but has balked at supplying sophisticated technology like fighter planes, arguing that Afghanistan doesn't need such armaments and does not yet have the capacity to maintain them.
( Poaqueers hear, this is where India comes in and help Afgahnistan opearte and maintain its Eurofighetrs, MKIS and F16s . Initially Afghan Air Force will be operting Indian Mig 29s and Su30s.) Afghan Defense Minister Abdul Rahim Wardak renewed the pitch for the fighters on Tuesday, casting the procurement of heavier weapons as a way of ensuring a regional balance of power."What we are asking to acquire is just the ability to defend ourselves, and also to be relevant in the future so that our friends and allies can count on us to participate in peacekeeping and other operations of mutual interest," Wardak told reporters.The defense minister did not name any potential regional threats. But Pakistan and Iran — both of which have far better equipped arsenals — are widely seen as two neighbors with the potential to influence the country's shaky reconstruction effort and push to crush the stubborn Taliban insurgency.The Afghan army chief of staff, Gen. Sher Mohammad Karimi, said the army's current level is enough to "bring security and stability to this country," in tandem with the police force and the international forces.arimi said that building a strong military was crucial as way of ensuring the balance of power in the region and as "a deterrence for this country against our neighbors.""But by no means (do) we have a policy of offensive operations," he said. "Our strategy is defensive."
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Hai Hai Yeh Virginity, Lost all Violation ki Ginti
ISLAMABAD:Army Chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani says national sau verginity would be protected at all costs. This he said during a briefing to parliamentarians who are members of parliament’s three standing committees on defence and security at the General Headquarters (GHQ). The COAS said that Pakistan’s respect and integrity would never be compromised. He also said that the same principle applies to the Pak-US relations.The COAS answered various questions from the parliamentarians. All the three standing committees expressed satisfaction on the operational preparedness of the armed forces of Pakistan.Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee Gen
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Slowly catching up to deluge of posts addressed to me.. I may ignore some but let me
address one "flack" I caught...
parsuram wrote:Amber G: You caught some flack, imo, some deserved flack but perhaps that needs pointed out to you. First, this is not the forum where one would trot out politically in correct or otherwise inapropreate actions of the Indian govt and/or its reps.
Really??? Yes, I think the forum ought to be such ... but I am speech less to see the use of "is" in the above statement.

Let me just quote one random quote just from today where, I wonder if the "politically incorrect" statements are "trotted out"
vijayk wrote: My hunch Sonia/Rahul/Dogvijay would like to kill Kejriwal ASAP using Naxals or Pakis or Islamic fundoos. He better be careful...
Of course, this is not isolated but, unfortunately, sort of routine. (That's what I have been trying to point out for quite some time)

"Indian govt and/or its reps" have been called prostitutes, traitors and worse. True, that sometimes, admin intervene and take out vile part, but sometimes (more often than any respectable forum should allow) it gets, unfortunately, fully endorsed by powers to be.
(I have documented that many times). And to be clear, by NO stretch of logic, some of the statements (like xyz is a traitor without giving any basis) can be justified as "criticism".

Recently one Admin tried to excuse these by rebuking me and literally telling me that I (Amber G) have posted some offending posts too .../sigh/ (as if that makes it alright)

Parsuram, rest of the post was so bizarre for me, that I will not dignify that with a response.
Last edited by Amber G. on 19 Oct 2011 03:56, edited 1 time in total.
Karna_A
BRFite

Post by Karna_A »

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/7ef3bbe6-f8ab ... z1bAtlXBX9
General Ashfaq Kayani may wish he had hung up his boots when he was supposed to last year, and retired with honours.

It’s been a disastrous year for Pakistan’s military leader in a country where loss of prestige often leads to unpredictable outcomes. Since the killing of Osama bin Laden a stone’s throw from an elite military academy, the taciturn Gen Kayani has been more withdrawn than usual. The embarrassment of Bin Laden’s location left his international partners aghast. The covert US raid that killed Bin Laden made nuclear-armed Pakistan’s defences look weak and prised open the country’s sovereignty.
The cancer is in Pakistan. That was well known before the raid.
What that raid has done is psychological equivalent of taking a knife and making an incision on the cancer for the whole world to see. Even though the incision was small, as long as it was hidden people could live with it.
Now this is out like an open bleeding wound.
A smart person would now allow the Surgeon to sedate him and take out the whole cancer and make survival possible.
A dumb person will get in fight with Surgeon over some pretty nurses and with the firm belief that fake Chinese herb Tea from neighboring Chink-Eleven superstore will cure him.

Well, good luck with that! Cause someone sure will soon get an injection in back, a kick from Nurse in front and fat bill from Chink Eleven for fake Massage Aroma Therapy.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.as ... 2011_pg1_6
Democracy in Pakistan should work side by side with military: US
WASHINGTON: The United States believes the Pakistani government is capable of working with it on shared challenges, with the State Department expressing support for a strong democracy in the key South Asian country.“Much of our work in Pakistan is geared towards building the kind of institutions that will strengthen Pakistani democracy,” State Department Spokesman Mark Toner said in answer to a question at the daily briefing.“Clearly, we want to see a strong democracy emerge in Pakistan that works side by side with the military and that is to the benefit of Pakistani people moving forward,” he added.Asked if the US had confidence in the current Pakistani government’s ability and intent to work with the United States on shared challenges, the spokesman replied: “We do believe they’re capable of it, and certainly for our part, we’re willing to work with them to address those shared challenges.” Questioned about the outcome of US Special Representative Marc Grossman’s recent visit to Islamabad, the spokesman said he has not received readout from Grossman’s trip but reaffirmed Washington’s desire to work constructively with Pakistan on dealing with shared challenges
( Uncle applying Zhandoo Balm on Umm Mush e Poak)
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Prem wrote:Hai Hai Yeh Virginity, Lost all Violation ki Ginti
ISLAMABAD:Army Chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani says national sau verginity would be protected at all costs. This he said during a briefing to parliamentarians who are members of parliament’s three standing committees on defence and security at the General Headquarters (GHQ). The COAS said that Pakistan’s respect and integrity would never be compromised. He also said that the same principle applies to the Pak-US relations.The COAS answered various questions from the parliamentarians. All the three standing committees expressed satisfaction on the operational preparedness of the armed forces of Pakistan.Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee Gen
Imagine India and Afghanistan snatching Paki sow-virginity as the customary four witnesses - Unkil, aunti, dlagon, and samurai watch the rape :mrgreen:
parsuram
BRFite

Post by parsuram »

AmberG: Hey I am just your garden variety van Winkle forum member, back after a 5-6 yr nap to a much evolved forum. I can just go by stuff that was ok/not before nap. I understand you got a lot of stuff pitched at you, and all that is a lot of water over the dam for me. I just called a bit of what I saw - maybe outdated paradigm, so I apologize. But fwiw - the fact all that stuff you say got posted does not condone etc, so you get my drift. But since you were around back when we might have posted here at one time, you might remember it as well, though nostalgia is a wonderful place to visit, so I'll allow that what you have been trying to say may well need cleaning up - but as I said, I just saw a little bit of it, so will step aside of it now.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Cant we Hire Djiins?

Railway workers quit strike after salaries announcement
LAHORE: The railway workers on Tuesday called off their strike as the Ministry of Finance released a billion rupees for their salaries, DawnNews reported.Train services were also restored after the strike came to an end.The railway workers across the country were on a two-day strike, protesting against the nonpayment of salaries and pensions.The employees had also halted the railway engines and all the train services had stopped in the country.The Supreme Court took suo motu notice on the issue and the finance ministry urgently issued a billion rupees for the railway employees.lthough the strike is over, the head of the Railway Prem Union, Hafiz Salman Butt said that the strike is only temporarily over and if the salaries are again blocked in future, the workers will go on strike and the railway operations will once more come to a halt.
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

Can we take the OT discussions to OT thread please!
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

Now that Israel has made such a lopsided (1:1000) prisoner swap, perhaps the jingos will cut some slack to the NDA Govt's handling of the Kandahar hostage crisis?

It is a moral dilemma, exchanging hostages for terrorists. In the end, democratic Govts often give in.
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by abhishek_sharma »

In my opinion, the 'moral compass' post was the best action by a moderator in last 2 years . Such feedback should be provided more often.

In fact, this thread could use that feedback right now.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

RamaY wrote:
Prem wrote:Hai Hai Yeh Virginity, Lost all Violation ki Ginti]

Imagine India and Afghanistan snatching Paki sow-virginity as the customary four witnesses - Unkil, aunti, dlagon, and samurai watch the rape :mrgreen:
Sau Virginities loota ke Poakri Hoor Bun Chullie.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

abhishek_sharma wrote:In my opinion, the 'moral compass' post was the best action by a moderator in last 2 years . Such feedback should be provided more often.

+1.

Self-moderation is the best moderation. In the absence of it, one should accept the moderation however unpleasant it is.
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

There is some piskological insight in this seminar from a Paki Prof. Sameena Yasmeen about Paki perspective.
Here segment starts around 0:40 and runs till 1:00 for about 20 minutes. Other speakers are good too.

Initial streaming is slow and there is some gestation involved before the video actually starts playing.

Identities in conflict: India, Afghanistan and Pakistan
Mihaylo
BRFite

Post by Mihaylo »

Kakkaji wrote:Now that Israel has made such a lopsided (1:1000) prisoner swap, perhaps the jingos will cut some slack to the NDA Govt's handling of the Kandahar hostage crisis?

It is a moral dilemma, exchanging hostages for terrorists. In the end, democratic Govts often give in.
Isreal releasing prisonners is like a company laying off a percentage of their workforce. They usually tend to higher back atleast one third of the laid off workers within the first six months.

-M
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

abhishek_sharma wrote:In my opinion, the 'moral compass' post was the best action by a moderator in last 2 years . Such feedback should be provided more often.

Do you have the URL for it? Apparently I missed it. Now I am curious to read it! Thanks!
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by abhishek_sharma »

I don't have the URL. In any case, I did not expect that many members of this forum are fond of super-comprehension induced prevarication.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Dipanker wrote:

Do you have the URL for it? Apparently I missed it. Now I am curious to read it! Thanks!
Instead let me give you a url that is relevant to this thread
Clicky
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Of Myths & Tall Claims - Edit in DT
Relevant portion for us to internalize
The improving relations of Pakistan with India are also a part of the army’s strategy as at present it is busy in operations against militant groups in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and the tribal belt bordering Afghanistan. The army does not want to open an old standing yet recently largely irrelevant front with India. It seems that in recent days all stakeholders have either supported or accepted the need for better relations with our neighbour.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

This is a political video that unfortunately lacks accuracy about Pakistan. It is the little details - the gaps in knowledge of little detail that make American reactions to Pakistan so dumb.

At 1:25 or so he says that the "Pakistani government" must stop supporting Haqqani etc. But what is missing from here is that it is not Zardari and boob squeezer Gilani who are doing that. It is the military. Unless US senators can distinguish betwen Paki military and Pki government it is plain ol' GIGO.

Later in the video at about 1:54 the voice says "Pakistan must reassert control over FATA". That is again ignorance. Pakistan never had control.

Both these errors would "let off" the Paki army and reopen the temptation to "arm the Paki army some more". Pakis are smarter than Americans here. Americans are tech smart. Pakis are scam smart. It's a different type of intelligence.
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

shiv wrote:
Dipanker wrote: Do you have the URL for it? Apparently I missed it. Now I am curious to read it! Thanks!
Instead let me give you a url that is relevant to this thread
Clicky
:rotfl:
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

AmberG, parsuram, what makes you two think this thread is for general discussion on forum etiquettes and catching up on old times ? why is it so hard to do the decent thing and post feedback in feedback thread ?
the next person who derails this thread is going to get warned.

continued at http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 8#p1181108
Multatuli
BRFite

Post by Multatuli »

There is an increase in the number of "funny" posts in this thread, this is unfortunate. Do these posters really think that the general reader of this thread is interested in those infantile posts?

Someone even started a list of people to be beheaded and a few others added to that list. Will these posters please desist! I don't find such posts even mildly funny, it's an insult to the general reader.

RajeshA, JE Menon, SSridhar and a dozen others provide real Gyaan and then we have others trying to be funny or patriotic: like "Lets Make a List of People to be Beheaded". Moderators do something!
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

Multatuli wrote:There is an increase in the number of "funny" posts in this thread, this is unfortunate. Do these posters really think that the general reader of this thread is interested in those infantile posts?
It is just that someone's ego got bruised somewhere and they try to get even with everyone here. Some people even forget that this is a public forum and people do not have patience to hear PhD rhetoric. It is unfortunate that so much bandwidth got wasted for couple of ego bruised gentle old rakshaks.
Enough said and lets get back to Paki bashing full swing
Multatuli
BRFite

Post by Multatuli »

What I meant by "funny" posts are the posts that should go in the Positive News thread.

As for the rants from someone who at the very least suggested a moral equivalence between Reagan playing host to Jihadi terrorists in the White House and Jaswant Singh going to Afghanistan and surrendering to the Taliban to effect the release of the hostages held by Talibs/TSPA terrorists: I think I better not comment on that, it will get me banned for sure.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Paki Special /Har Drone pei Likha hai Paki ka Naam
US Army to fly ‘kamikaze’ drones
WASHINGTON: A miniature “kamikaze” drone designed to quietly hover in the sky before dive-bombing and slamming into a human target will soon be part of the US Army’s arsenal, officials say.Dubbed the “Switchblade,” the robotic aircraft represents the latest attempt by the United States to refine how it takes out suspected militants.Weighing less than two kilos, the drone is small enough to fit into a soldier’s backpack and is launched from a tube, with wings quickly folding out as it soars into the air, according to manufacturer AeroVironment.Powered by a small electric motor, the Switchblade transmits video in real time from overhead, allowing a soldier to identify an enemy, the company said in a press release last month.“Upon confirming the target using the live video feed, the operator then sends a command to the air vehicle to arm it and lock its trajectory onto the target,” it said.The drone then flies into the “target,” detonating a small explosive.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Abb ki Baar Maar Ke Dekh
ISLAMABAD: Chief of the Army Staff Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani has ruled out the possibility of an immediate unilateral US military offensive in North Waziristan, saying the Americans will have to think 10 times before going for this. The comments came at a rare briefing held on Tuesday for members of the standing committees on defence of the two houses of parliament at the General Headquarters.A participant of the meeting told Dawn that the army chief had been asked to comment on the possibility of a US strike in Pakistan for its failure in Afghanistan, like it had attacked Laos and Cambodia before leaving Vietnam.Gen Kayani did not say what would be Pakistan’s response in such an eventuality, but reminded that it was a nuclear power and must not be compared with Iraq and Afghanistan.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

U.S. should focus on Afghanistan, not Pakistan: army chief
(Reuters) - Pakistan's army chief told parliament's defense committee the United States should focus on stabilizing Afghanistan instead of pushing Pakistan to attack militant groups in a crucial border region, a committee member told Reuters on Wednesday.

Army chief General Ashfaq Kayani also said Pakistan alone will decide if and when to launch a full-scale offensive in the North Waziristan region to attack Islamist militants.

He also said the United States would have to think "10 times" before taking any unilateral action there. Pakistan is not like Iraq or Afghanistan, the parliamentarian quoted Kayani as saying.
The MP spoke on condition of anonymity.

Such views could deepen tensions between the United States and its uneasy but important ally Pakistan.