Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): Sep 22, 2011

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): Sep 22, 20

Post by RajeshA »

rajanb wrote:If there is no water then let them drink wine - RajanB's famous last words
:rotfl:
Soon Pakis will only have wine to drink and cake to eat! :lol:
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

rajanb wrote:
Pakistani TV presenter faces arrest warrant for duty-free wine
A Pakistani television presenter could face prison after customs seized two bottles of duty-free wine from her luggage.
An arrest warrant has reportedly been issued for Atiqa Odho after she purchased the bottles four months ago from the United Arab Emirates while on her way to Pakistan. She was briefly detained by airport security and customs on June 5 at Benazir Bhutto International Airport. Though she was released without charge, authorities were subsequently forced to take action against her when Supreme Court Chief Justice Iftikhar Chaudhry retroactively picked up the offence.

She was booked under the Prohibition Order of 1979. Pakistan has been a dry country since the 1970s. (If there is no water then let them drink wine - RajanB's famous last words)

Civil Judge Rawalpindi Hamayun Pervez issued the warrant after she failed to appear in court on Tuesday to answer the offence.

Her supporters have accused the courts of targeting her for her support of Pervez Musharraf and his attempts to re-enter national politics. She has appeared on TV as the spokesman of his new party.

"When the chief justice sees Atiqa, what he really sees is Pervez Musharraf," a friend told The Independent. "And that's when he goes bonkers!" (Good grief! His eyes are as rheumy as mine. I see beauty when there is ugliness)
She is ugly. But just in case you guys want to gloat on their lack of superiority, have a look:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... -wine.html
:mrgreen:
Can someone be declared as Wajib-Ul-Kattle in TSP for buying and drinking Haram stuff like alcohol?
rajrang
BRFite

Post by rajrang »

http://www.hindustantimes.com/world-new ... 63052.aspx

Imran Khan - "No power could ever control people through an army."

Imran should tell this to the Generals of TSP.
Anindya
BRFite

Post by Anindya »

I remember many years ago - seeing a clip of Imran Khan vocally promising support for Jihad-e-Kashmir at a TEI rally. Just goes to show, that whatever their level of education, wealth or exposure to non-Pakistani civilization, Pakistanis will always remain enraptured by the culture of terrorism inherent in their society.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

rajrang wrote:http://www.hindustantimes.com/world-new ... 63052.aspx

He is not so keen on meeting his 72. That he will say this to the TSPA
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Anindya wrote:. . . Pakistanis will always remain enraptured by the culture of terrorism inherent in their society.
Especially against us, Anindya. They may even give up terror against the Yahud and the Nassara because they may decide one fine day that those two were Ahl-e-Kitab whereas the idolatrous Hindus are true kafir who usurped power from them through the British cunningly. It is prudent for India to treat all Pakistanis as terrorists unless proved conclusively otherwise. That's why I think that the recent liberalization of visa regime for businessmen, opening of bank branches etc will only bring more misery for India.
Anindya
BRFite

Post by Anindya »

It is prudent for India to treat all Pakistanis as terrorists unless proved conclusively otherwise. That's why I think that the recent liberalization of visa regime for businessmen, opening of bank branches etc will only bring more misery for India.
Exactly - have heard supposedly uber-liberal Sherry Rehman express opinions not very different from Imran's.

India leanings towards allowing Pakistanis into India for business, or education does not make sense to me at all.

I remember some BR member quipping - "now you can expect a headline like - IIT student blows up building". Unfortunately, such a statement may not remain a joke, if Pakistanis start entering India for education or business.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

A_Gupta wrote:Since this thread is approaching its end - it is a truism that if a woman doesn't look good in a photograph, it is the fault of the photographer.

Image deleted by CRamS
What is the relevance of this to the discussion at hand GuptaJi? Are we talking about women or TSP machinations? Even your grand delusions on US running scared of TSP like India does makes worthy reading than this irrelevant stuff :-).
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

rajanb wrote: It is not the American armed forces which are weak (CRamS, music to your ears :wink: ) but their politcal leaders who have weakened the US.
Somebody else also seems to have pointed out that somehow its an H&D for me of all people to defend the might of US military. No, its not an H&D issue, rather, a fear and angst that US might use its might to take the path of least resistance, i.e., instead of doing the harder but right thing: bring TSP to justice, it might use its might instead to make the dhothi wallahs in Delhi to sacrifice them,selves to TSP. This is the path of least resistance and the super power US can easily bring this about. Thats what I am more worried about, not defending the H&D of US military.
rajanb
BRFite

Post by rajanb »

CRamS wrote:
rajanb wrote: It is not the American armed forces which are weak (CRamS, music to your ears :wink: ) but their politcal leaders who have weakened the US.
Somebody else also seems to have pointed out that somehow its an H&D for me of all people to defend the might of US military. No, its not an H&D issue, rather, a fear and angst that US might use its might to take the path of least resistance, i.e., instead of doing the harder but right thing: bring TSP to justice, it might use its might instead to make the dhothi wallahs in Delhi to sacrifice them,selves to TSP. This is the path of least resistance and the super power US can easily bring this about. Thats what I am more worried about, not defending the H&D of US military.
CRamSji. I do not think it is an H&D for you at all.

On the latter issue of the US taking the path of least resistance, I doubt very much if it is the path of least resistance. It would be an american nightmare.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

call me old fashioned or whatever but continuous discussion on khar's gender is rather tasteless. so are the comments on supposed ugliness of certain paki women. c'mon, there is no need to rate every paki female whose pic appears on BR, it's irrelevant not to mention sexist. give it a break !
it ceased being funny a long time ago, when madam jalebi ruled PISS.

there's a saying in bangla, 'even lemon turns bitter if you squeeze it too much'.
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

CRamS wrote:
CRamS relax man! If past is any guide to future nothing of that sort will happen.
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

CRamS
I think you watch too many Hollywood movies and TV serials which portray US Military as a fearsome fighting force. I think you need to put your thought on this and re-think from a totally neutral perspective.
JMT
Altair
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Rahul M wrote:call me old fashioned or whatever but continuous discussion on khar's gender is rather tasteless. so are the comments on supposed ugliness of certain paki women. c'mon, there is no need to rate every paki female whose pic appears on BR, it's irrelevant not to mention sexist. give it a break !

there's a saying in bangla, 'even lemon turns bitter if you squeeze it too much'.
Yeah sounds more like deaf and dumb than BRF.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

CRamS wrote:Even your grand delusions on US running scared of TSP like India does makes worthy reading than this irrelevant stuff :-).
Sorry, you misunderstood. It is by your logic, applied to the sequence of events of Mullen's testimony to the Senate, the Senate approving aid for Pakistan, and the White House backing down from Mullen's statements, that the US is running scared of TSP.
Rajdeep
BRFite

Post by Rajdeep »

Haqqani network sends message with Kabul attacks

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/world/5281 ... s.html.csp
The message the Haqqanis are sending — to the world and, especially, to the Afghan public — is that they are willing and able to kill foreign troops. And with the Haqqani bombs comes a particularly troublesome return address: Pakistan, where the group is based
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Rahul M wrote:call me old fashioned or whatever but continuous discussion on khar's gender is rather tasteless. so are the comments on supposed ugliness of certain paki women. c'mon, there is no need to rate every paki female whose pic appears on BR, it's irrelevant not to mention sexist. give it a break !

Agreed. Also it is always possible to use photography to make anyone look ghastly. The photographers of public figures always have plenty of those snaps; when an editor wants to make a visual point, they pull it out. Anyway, "dil ko dekho, chehera na dekho", and by that criteria, none of them bear good intentions for India.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Haqqani network may be linked to deadly Kabul bombing: officials
KABUL — The Haqqani network, which Washington has blamed for a series of attacks in Afghanistan, may have been involved in a weekend bombing in Kabul that was the deadliest ground attack against Western troops in 10 years of war, officials said on Monday.

The suicide bombing on Saturday, which killed 13 foreigners, came just days before Afghanistan’s President Hamid Karzai and senior officials from its neighbours and its Western backers, including U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, were due to meet in Istanbul to discuss regional security.

The involvement of the Haqqani group, believed by Washington to be based in the mountains of North Waziristan on the Afghanistan-Pakistan border, would make the already tough task of bringing Afghanistan and its neighbors together even more difficult.

“We don’t have any information indicating a direct Haqqani link yet, but it’s very possible it is Haqqani-related,” a Western diplomat said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

Officials said that while evidence of Haqqani involvement was by no means conclusive, the style of the attack and some of the equipment used in it raised that possibility.
Rangudu
BRFite

Post by Rangudu »

CRS,

You have a serious complex with Gora worship, despite the angry tone of your posts. The world is nowhere that simplistic and Goras are not omnipotent or omniscient. Going to war against a country that is clever enough to not be openly hostile to you is not that simple.

BTW, most reasonable people would take offense on your comments that Obama's unwillingness or inability to do certain things arising from him being black. That is preposterous. Obama's weak spine has nothing to do with his race. Whitey white Jimmy Carter was worse.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Former Pak army commando arrested in terror plot
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/new ... 545036.cms
ISLAMABAD: Pakistani law enforcement agencies today arrested a former army commando on charges of masterminding a terrorist plot to attack the parliament, according to a media report.

Saadullah, a former member of the Special Services Group, an elite commando unit of the Pakistan Army, was arrested at Okara in Punjab province, Express News channel quoted its sources as saying.

There was no word on the development from law enforcement agencies or the military.

The plot to attack parliament and other key government buildings in Islamabad's "Red Zone", a heavily guarded area in the heart of the federal capital, was foiled by law enforcement agencies earlier this month.

Police in Islamabad arrested four suspects and seized suicide jackets, grenades and rockets.

Saadullah was arrested on the basis of information provided by these suspects, the TV channel reported.

The terrorists had planned to fire rockets at parliament and other government buildings from a forested area overlooking Islamabad.

They also planned to storm the parliament with suicide bombers, according to earlier media reports.

Several armed forces personnel have been arrested across Pakistan in the past few years on charges of involvement in terrorist plots, including two attempts on the life of former President Pervez Musharraf.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

I am puzzled by the following Indian Army video.
http://khabar.ndtv.com/PlayVideo.aspx?f ... &id=214785

Our men respond to fire from Pakistan and shoot and kill intruders at the border and the few that get in are shot dead soon. Why are they doing this? Surely it would be better to react strongly to border intrusions like the US by not firing back into Pakistan but by asking Pakistanis to cooperate and crack down on the terrorists they send rather than simply firing at them and killing them heartlessly. That is the way powerful nations, superpowers work. We need to learn from that. Read this..

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/31/world ... ml?_r=1&hp
The message the Haqqanis are sending — to the world and, especially, to the Afghan public — is that they are willing and able to kill foreign troops. And with the Haqqani bombs comes a particularly troublesome return address: Pakistan, where the group is based.

One Western diplomat, speaking on the condition of anonymity under diplomatic ground rules, said it was clear that if the Haqqanis were behind the attack, the militants were reacting to Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton’s recent trip to Pakistan. During the visit, she again demanded that the government do something about the Haqqanis, whose bases are in the Pakistani territory of North Waziristan.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

A_Gupta wrote: Anyway, "dil ko dekho, chehera na dekho", and by that criteria, none of them bear good intentions for India.
precisely, it's not as if pakistan would become any less evil if all their citizens start looking like top models.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Anindya wrote:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/worl ... 537413.cms
ISLAMABAD: A Hindu boy has filed a petition in a Pakistani court challenging a rule that stipulates a student must have a certificate in Islamic studies to be eligible to appear for entrance tests to medical colleges.

A division bench of the Sindh High Court admitted Sagar Ladhani's petition on Friday and provisionally allowed him to appear in an upcoming test for admission to an MBBS course. In his petition, Ladhani challenged the rule that students have to study "Islamiat" at the O-level to get an equivalence certificate from local education boards to appear in entrance tests for medical colleges
The Government of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan is certainly adept at formulating policy that oppresses non-Mohammaddens and unlike the more civilised parts of the globe where discrimination represents a break down in the law in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, discrimination takes place because of the law.

Anyway going by the track record of the Courts of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan in not ruling against this particular privilege for Mohammaddens, I am not very optimistic that Courts of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan will do the civilised thing. This particular discriminatory privilege was challenged by a Christian female medical seat aspirant named Qandeel in the Lahore High Court back in 2005 and going by current existence of Sagar Ladhani's petition, nothing came of it:
Monday, November 28, 2005

Christian student files petition against 20 marks for Hafiz-e-Quran students

LAHORE: A Christian student has filed a constitutional writ petition to the Lahore High Court (LHC) for instant action, under Section 151 of the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC), against the policy of awarding 20 additional marks to a Muslim hafiz-e-Quran (who has learnt the Quran by heart) candidate for admission in the MBBS and others, saying that it was discrimination against minority students and a violation of fundamental rights granted by the Constitution of Pakistan.

The petition, which is the first of its kind, has demanded the LHC either abolish the policy or make a parallel policy of awarding 20 additional marks to minority students for MBBS admission on the basis of their religious knowledge/study.

Qandeel, a Christian and daughter of Benjamin Robert Sultan, filed the petition through her counsel Rana Aamir Iftikhar and Waseem Ahmed Shahzad against the King Edward Medical College principal, who is also the Admissions Board chairman, and the Punjab Health Department. She has also asked the LHC to grant her a stay and restrain the Admissions Board and Punjab government from commencing MBBS 2005-06 academic session classes in medical colleges of Punjab till the final disposal of the petition because the selection of students for admission in medical colleges had been made on basis of discrimination and ignoring the rights of the petitioner (minority representative).

The hearing of the petition is scheduled on November 28.

The petitioner’s counsel said Qandeel also had merit certificates to prove her proficiency and knowledge of Christianity and thus should be given 20 additional marks for her selection in a medical college on an open merit seat. They said the Punjab government and the admission board be ordered to make a permanent policy under the law for additional marks on equal basis to both Muslim and non-Muslim students.

Qandeel demanded the court that she be declared a selected candidate in the MBBS and be allowed to deposit admission fee.

According to documents submitted, Qandeel is a brilliant student and scored A+ and A grades in the examination under the education examination board. She scored 820 marks out of the total 1,100 in the intermediate examination (FSc) and qualified for the entry test (for admissions in MBBS/BDS) in Punjab’s medical colleges. She got a total of 77.97 percent in the final selection merit but the last seat on the open merit was given to a student with 78.51 percent marks, depriving her from admission because of a marginal difference of 0.538 percent marks. Qandeel would get admission on open merit if she were awarded 20 additional marks given to Hafiz-e-Quran candidates, her counsel said.

Qandeel, a resident of Sialkot Road, Khokherki (Gujranwala), belongs to a lower middle class family and cannot afford admission on self-finance basis. The counsel said that being a Pakistani citizen, she had the right to be treated equally and be given protection under the Constitution. The Article 25 of the Constitution ensures fairness and equality in the state’s action, so there should be an equal education policy for all citizens without discriminating them on the basis of sex, religion, creed and caste, the counsel said.

There are no reserved seats for minorities in the medical colleges of Punjab because reserved seats in these colleges have been allocated for the under-developed districts, Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA), Azad Jammu and Kashmir, and disabled persons.

Qandeel said that Islam taught equality and rights of minorities should be protected under Islam and the Article 36 of the Pakistan constitution, which imposed the duty to safeguard the legitimate rights and interests of minorities on the state.

Daily Times
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

call me old fashioned or whatever but continuous discussion on khar's gender is rather tasteless. so are the comments on supposed ugliness of certain paki women. c'mon, there is no need to rate every paki female whose pic appears on BR, it's irrelevant not to mention sexist. give it a break !

That is what I initially thought.

But perhaps there is another dynamic operating here.

As India has been an open society-one where the white, Christian revels in exposing its unfortunate citizens as evidence of the superiority of their god and justification rather than a direct result of their colonialism; and whereas the Pakistani has identified with this contempt, unmindful of his own ugly, inbred populace, I think we should let it ride.

Perhaps Pakistan needs this mirror held up to them, to reflect the ugliness of not just their women but their culture.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

It is actually not a true statement. Populations are subdued through force all the time.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Like Shiv, I purport to be puzzled:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/31/world ... talks.html
Just a month after accusing Pakistan’s spy agency of secretly supporting the Haqqani terrorist network, which has mounted attacks on Americans, the Obama administration is now relying on the same intelligence service to help organize and kick-start reconciliation talks aimed at ending the war in Afghanistan.
To behave like a superpower, India needs to ask the ISI to mediate between the GOI and the jihadi groups operating in J&K.
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

A_Gupta wrote:Like Shiv, I purport to be puzzled:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/31/world ... talks.html
Just a month after accusing Pakistan’s spy agency of secretly supporting the Haqqani terrorist network, which has mounted attacks on Americans, the Obama administration is now relying on the same intelligence service to help organize and kick-start reconciliation talks aimed at ending the war in Afghanistan.
To behave like a superpower, India needs to ask the ISI to mediate between the GOI and the jihadi groups operating in J&K.
BRF would have burned 72 pages in 24 hours if such a thing was even contemplated by GoI. I am sure someone can bet his left testimonial that even uber-WKK MMS would not dare such an attempt.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Altair wrote:
A_Gupta wrote: To behave like a superpower, India needs to ask the ISI to mediate between the GOI and the jihadi groups operating in J&K.
BRF would have burned 72 pages in 24 hours if such a thing was even contemplated by GoI. I am sure someone can bet his left testimonial that even uber-WKK MMS would not dare such an attempt.
Naturally. India is unable to behave like the superpower. :D
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

shiv wrote:
Altair wrote: To behave like a superpower, India needs to ask the ISI to mediate between the GOI and the jihadi groups operating in J&K.

Naturally. India is unable to behave like the superpower. :D
:mrgreen:
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Altair wrote:
A_Gupta wrote: To behave like a superpower, India needs to ask the ISI to mediate between the GOI and the jihadi groups operating in J&K.
shiv wrote:Naturally. India is unable to behave like the superpower. :D

Shiv's piskology in full swing here. :twisted:
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

KLNMurthy wrote:

It is actually not a true statement. Populations are subdued through force all the time.

While universally true, your statement appears to support Imran Khan. Was that the intention?

Isn't it better to be quiet and not be argumentative when dealing with TSP?
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

ramana wrote:
KLNMurthy wrote: It is actually not a true statement. Populations are subdued through force all the time.

While universally true, your statement appears to support Imran Khan. Was that the intention?

Isn't it better to be quiet and not be argumentative when dealing with TSP?
I see that I was too terse. I still need to be brief but here's what I meant to say:

Statements like IK's are made to encourage people like the KashPakis to fight on in hope of eventually prevailing. Equivalently, to discourage Indians from pushing back on the demands for azadi. But such statements have little basis in reality--faced with overwhelming and unrelenting force, "rebels" will eventually give up and settle down, even if they keep grumbling for ever. Example: American confederates. They still grumble and engage in small acts of useless rebellion, but in the main they were beaten into submission in the Civil War and remain "good boys" to this day.

My formula for the KashPakis is to make it plain to them that they can never prevail, they will never their PakAzadi, as long as the moon, stars and sun continue to exist. So, when I "argue" with IK on a factual basis, my intent is to alert the KashPakis that they are being told a lie.

In response to your question, I think it is not good to let them dictate the terms of the argument, but we should certainly not let their psychological assaults go unanswered, and we should also be engaging psychological and other forms of aggression of our own, to serve our ends.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Rahul M ji,

just some thoughts on this.

When you say it is tasteless - sexism, racial contempt, etc., I agree with you completely. Every time I write it, I am disgusted with what I write. When I write MR. Khar, I don't see much humor in it, nor I expect anybody to find it too amusing either.

When people say, such comments sound "deaf and dumbish", then they are 100% correct. These comments do lower the standard of BRF, and I am sorry it does so!

The reason why I have written such comments in spite of the tastelessness I myself feel towards them, is that I feel strongly that Pakistani racism needs to be responded to. For me it is not personal but I ideological. Being a Punjabi, people themselves can't really make out whether I am Pakistani or Indian unless I tell them. So when I use derogatory racial language towards Pakistanis, sometimes I feel, I may be using it for me and my kind as well. And still I use it. Why? Because I wish to make one point!

Pakistanis are racists to the core, and they having nothing to show for themselves in all these years, spread their racism around to the rest of the world as well. We see Pakistanis talking to Americans about Indians in this tone. Once I was browsing in Somali fora, and I saw Somalis bitching about Indians and how "ugly and "small" we were! And there Pakis were also puking their own vitriol! I've read how Pakis were telling Turks how "dark" and "ugly-looking" we Indians are! They have developed a whole vocabulary to make racial distinctions, and they try to spread it around. Of course, some others are more than willing to lap it up, cuz it helps them too show themselves as "superior" with regard to Indians even as they themselves don't reach many standards that Indians have been setting in academic, business and tech circles.

Now we Indians tend to look the world in a certain way. We don't speak ill of other religions, because we think it is beneath our dignity to do so and we are a pluralistic society. Others go ahead and diss Dharmic faiths without any hesitation. Same way we consider ourselves as tolerant and being a land with people of many races and looks, we tend not to show racism towards others. Pakis have no such compunctions. They go ahead and define how their race looks like and how Indians look like! They are polluting the world with their own vitriol, and they are working hard on it.

The more "Aman ki Asha" we do, the more they interpret it as the Indian trying to mix with a Paki of a superior breed, because Indians feel "attracted towards Pakistani beauty"!

So this is the situation!

It is time to turn the gaze! It is time we start defining Pakis in a language of our choice. We have to show them as racially inferior as well, and not just spiritually and mentally stunted. They should be aware that we see them as ugly, and if we don't say it then it is because of the kindness of our hearts.

This is psychological warfare. We have to destroy their last bastion of resistance to the Indic - their sense of racial superiority. But we cannot storm the bastion if we stay on the defensive and keep on speaking against racism in general. Nobody used to listen to Indian PoV on Disarmament until we ourselves went nuclear!

We need to develop our own language of racial distinction between Indians and Pakistanis showing the Pakis in less than good light! This is getting our hands dirty and is less than dignified work, but it too needs to be done!

Of course, I can understand that it doesn't look good on BRF!

I'd like to point out one post made by shiv saar, which I find very pertinent here.
There used to be a huge North-South divide in India. It was very clear to my parents generation. Naipaul refers to it in his first India book (area of darkness). Gradually, along with secularism and the empowerment of previously weak communities, the North-South divide in India has been patched up fairly well. The North Indian calling a South Indian "Idli-Vada" or the South Indian calling the North Indian "Oy chapati!" is more of a joke than a derogatory or racist remark. However minor issues still exist on college campuses and other places. People of the North East particularly say they feel less discriminated in some parts of India than others.

It is clear from my interactions with Pakistanis that they retain a degree of color and language racism where darker and shorter people from the South or East of India are considered inferior by Pakistanis. Pakistanis nowadays tend to refer to the similarities they have with North Indians as they get their own Islamic asses buggered by their birathers in their own country.

If Pakistanis are granted free access into India and Pakistani boys and girls start entering Indian universities - what effect could this have on North South relations in India?
Last edited by RajeshA on 31 Oct 2011 23:01, edited 1 time in total.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

^^^ My preferred route here would be to highlight Pakistani racism as the reaction of those with a superiority complex where superiority is not borne out in reality, rather than going down the racist route too.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

A_Gupta wrote:^^^ My preferred route here would be to highlight Pakistani racism as the reaction of those with a superiority complex where superiority is not borne out in reality, rather than going down the racist route too.
One could say, that is the defense of the weak, the inferior!

I think we should divide Indians into two vocal groups - one which says Pakistanis are inferior and another which says we should not do racial discrimination. Then we win both ways!
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

@RajeshA I really like the expression "turn the gaze". It is very apt. But I feel we would be on losing ground when we make pakis the subject of racism. Our weapons have to be in harmony with our core values even for purely pragmatic reasons. A "racism weapon" employed by Indians against pakis won't last because it will be dissipated by the clamor of our own people who will make pakis an object of sympathy--Unprepossessing SDRE southies like me might feel kinship with pakis as fellow victims! In any case the racism weapon won't have conviction and ferocity due to your own doubts.

I think for Indics it makes more sense to loathe pakis as asuras who use god-given gifts for demonic ends. For me, that is what I see when I turn the gaze. Keep in mind that our first and biggest challenge is to make our own compatriots turn the gaze. What they see should be "true" to truly arouse their divine righteous wrath.
Last edited by KLNMurthy on 31 Oct 2011 23:17, edited 1 time in total.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

RajeshA wrote:
A_Gupta wrote:^^^ My preferred route here would be to highlight Pakistani racism as the reaction of those with a superiority complex where superiority is not borne out in reality, rather than going down the racist route too.
One could say, that is the defense of the weak, the inferior!

I think we should divide Indians into two vocal groups - one which says Pakistanis are inferior and another which says we should not do racial discrimination. Then we win both ways!
Pakis are scum and can only think in scummy terms. We don't need to engage scum on scummy terms, we just need to focus like a laser on the fact that they are scum.
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

I have personally never come across overt Paki racism, though I have observed it in other ways. It does feel silly and disgusting to play the racist game, infra dig for us Indians really. But just like the over-the-top media attention given to Khar's designer handbags got a subtle point across and made RAPEs feel sheepish, highlighting and exaggerating Paki racism will do the same.

Also, when Pak-racism is highlighted more and more, it can ricochet as a self-goal and alienate the 85% of SDRE Pakis from their 15% mongrel rulers. It will highlight and key-in the psychology of deracination that is Pakstaniyat.

Another very, very potent way to make the Paki crumple in angst is when Indians befriend and form partnerships with Middle Easterners on an equal or even superior basis. Their surprise and consternation has to be seen to be believed. Usually one finds Pakis being smarmy or a little 'sticky' when mingling with Iranis, Afghans, Arabs, Turks. They are CLEARLY the subaltern people, and often a visiting ME dignitary will talk condescendingly. But with us Indians it is on a platform of equality, if not a frank admission of India's emerging strengths. To witness such an interaction eviscerates the Paki.

Anyways, some humble attempts at peurile racism:
Paki = medieval equivalent of Anglo-Indians (proclaimed in faux celebratory tone, sincerely emphasizing our appreciation for "diversity" onlee)
Pakis = Mawalis under Arab/Turk/Irani masters
Pakistaniyat = Stockholm syndrome
Paki = Turk aur Pathan ki najaayaz aulaad
Urdu = kothe ki zabaan (language of the brothel and bazar)

<barf>. end.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

IB4TL
AoA