The Trash Thread in the Trash Can (Use 4545 to Merge Posts)

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
samverma
BRFite -Trainee

Re: History Textbook of 2041

Post by samverma »

IB4TL.....MY FIRST!!!!! (sorry for the caps....not being loud intentionally....)
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Re: History Textbook of 2041

Post by Chandragupta »

Did joo mullahs not read the above comments. This is not IB4TL opportunity. Stop premature phyring.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): May 8, 201

Post by Sanku »

VikramS wrote: I have heard of Sankuism but this posts opened my eyes.
whats your takleef buddy, some other ass whupping elsewhere bothering you?
1. The post starts off with a wrong premise. PNS Mehran does not share the strip or any component with KHI. There are enough Google Earth maps floating around for you to know that. The air-stripus themselves are 4-5 Km apart.
Well,

http://www.defensenews.com/story.php?i= ... =SEA&s=TOP
Visually, at least, security at Mehran was tight, and due to it sharing runways and facilities with an Air Force base, PAF airbase Masroor, it was believed to be very heavily defended.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAF_Base_Masroor

PAF Masroor has been and continues to be a dual use, airstrip often, look for it, you will find it in the news.

I dont know how much you understand, but 4-5 kms in not really, "very far away" from a Airstrip perspective. Often enough civilian or quasi-civilian assets of "friend countries" use the Mil terminal for "civilian uses" such as bring in cargo to the local govt.

Not a big deal.
Please exercise some judgment before posting.
A frank question, how familiar are you with airbases and aviation systems around this part of the world?
VikramS
BRFite

Post by VikramS »

Sanku wrote:
VikramS wrote: I have heard of Sankuism but this posts opened my eyes.
whats your takleef buddy, some other ass whupping elsewhere bothering you?
1. The post starts off with a wrong premise. PNS Mehran does not share the strip or any component with KHI. There are enough Google Earth maps floating around for you to know that. The air-stripus themselves are 4-5 Km apart.
Well,

Visually, at least, security at Mehran was tight, and due to it sharing runways and facilities with an Air Force base, PAF airbase Masroor, it was believed to be very heavily defended.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAF_Base_Masroor

PAF Masroor has been and continues to be a dual use, airstrip often, look for it, you will find it in the news.

I dont know how much you understand, but 4-5 kms in not really, "very far away" from a Airstrip perspective. Often enough civilian or quasi-civilian assets of "friend countries" use the Mil terminal for "civilian uses" such as bring in cargo to the local govt.

Not a big deal.
Please exercise some judgment before posting.
A frank question, how familiar are you with airbases and aviation systems around this part of the world?
Sanku:

It is truly amazing that even after explicitly pointing out the error in your comment, in insist on pushing the same.

Did you bother to do an iota of research before you start barfing?
Sanku Originally Wrote wrote: the PNS Mehran, essentially shares the airfield with the Pork eater Inter-ummah Airport in Karachi
When corrected you write
Well,

How does Jinnah International Airport become the same as PAF Masroor? Further, true to form you find a PDM source which does not even get its airbases right. PNS Mehran shares the runway with PAF Faisal. PAF Masroor is on the other end of Karachi.

You are too lazy to look up any map, here is one from Wiki showing Jinnah International, PNS Mehran/PAF Faisal and PAF Masroor.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... etwork.png

And did you even read the Wiki on PAF Masroor you linked to? It is supposed to store nukes. Do you think it will be a dual use airport shared with civilians?

Good news is that there is one place you would be the numero uno, the number one by miles.
If the board software had an ignore feature ...
Chinmayanand
BRF Oldie

Post by Chinmayanand »

Damn it !!! This is a place where we discuss good taliban vs bad taliban , state actors vs non-state actors.
Vikram ji maharaj and Sanku ji chakrwarty samraat , bliss to put your talwars in myaan and patch up.

Pakistaniyat is affecting the board too.
VikramS
BRFite

Post by VikramS »

ChinmayAnand ji:

My apologies.

That Sanku comment about some civilian flight being destroyed was in a poor taste.

And then I got a dose of Sanku-ism.

Unfortunately the forum does not have a block feature; but I will ignore his posts to prevent this thread from being Sankufied.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

VikramS, board software does have a ignore feature, unfortunately I do not think you posses the necessary skills to find it yourself given the rather limited understanding you have displayed, which focuses on petty personal jibes rather than the overall point.

Meanwhile while I agree that I mixed up Masoor and Faisal airbases, based on news report., You did not answer my question about your familiarity with systems around the world. You are rather hung up about 4-5 km distance between the two and miss the more important point.
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... faisal.htm
Pakistan Air Force Faisal Airbase is situated between Drigh Road Area and Karsaz to the east and west. PAF Base Faisal is located in dense populated location at Shahrah-e-Faisal. It is a joint user Air Field which is hosting six Naval Aviation Squadrons, one Army Aviation Squadron and one C-130 Squadron, which was positioned at Faisal. In addition to this a large number of transit movement as well as VVIP movement by civil, military and foreign aircrafts are a routine matter at Faisal.
Which is simple, the airstrips are often used for multiple purposes with sharing allowed.

You instead chose to make it a personal issue between the mistake between Masroor and Faisal.

Shows your thought patterns. Grow up child.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

VikramS wrote:ChinmayAnand ji:

My apologies.
Considering the personal attack rant that follows your apology above, clearly it is of the same quality as rest of your post(s) :lol:
That Sanku comment about some civilian flight being destroyed was in a poor taste.
I see that seems to have a great impact. Good. Let me reiterate, I feel disappointed that the attack on Mehran did not spill over and take down some "civilian assets" as well.

Imagine the impact on Karachi's economy.
And then I got a dose of Sanku-ism.
Unfortunately wasted on you.
Unfortunately the forum does not have a block feature; but I will ignore his posts to prevent this thread from being Sankufied.
I have told you that you are wrong. On most counts on this thread (and probably elsewhere)
VikramS
BRFite

Post by VikramS »

Sanku:
The issue was your original comment about civilian planes from KHI (Jinnah International) being downed. Apart from being in a bad taste, it was illogical. You would literally need a SAM to do that if you were based at PAF Faisal.
====
The foe feature does not work as well as a the block feature but it is a start.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

VikramS wrote:Sanku:
The issue was your original comment about civilian planes from KHI (Jinnah International) being downed. Apart from being in a bad taste, it was illogical.
It would be nice if was to happen. I am disappointed.
You would literally need a SAM to do that if you were based at PAF Faisal.
So they could literally use a SAM. Whats the big deal? That place is supposed to be awash with Stingers. Big deal.

Also 4-5 km separation of airstrips? :lol: They probably escaped in that direction on foot after the fireworks. Perhaps they could have left a calling card there too, or carry out a diversionary attack.

It was so close, so close. Pity, very disappointing. I hoped for more.
====
The foe feature does not work as well as a the block feature but it is a start.
Glad to be of help, perhaps I can have a sensible discussion with others without being personally attacked by people who fly off a tangent.
vina
BRF Oldie
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Post by vina »

Sanku wrote:Glad to be of help, perhaps I can have a sensible discussion with others without being personally attacked by people who fly off a tangent.
Dude. Give it a rest. With basic facts wrong , what you are talking is fantasy. Open your own thread for that and put your thoughts there on what you think.

Leave this thread alone or at least keep your hallucinations/fantasies/make believe out of it . That will be of GREAT help.

Thanks. Danke. Dhanyavaad. Shurkiya, Shukran. etc..etc..
tejas
BRFite

Re: Armoured Vehicles Discussion Thread

Post by tejas »

So other than the crew what inside the Arjun mk2 is Indian?
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

uh ho, you went to that site! :shock:
sivab
BRFite

Post by sivab »

KrishnaK wrote:...
That garbage was written by chor gupta for farce which was copied by paki sites. Suggest you remove the link.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

We need something for comic relief.
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Re: Pakistan arms sales, ops, doctrine, etc

Post by gakakkad »

Aditya G wrote:Looks like a VIP version of Mi-17:

why is ass f.u.c.k carrying a cane ? self sodomisin.g ? :)
Avid
BRFite

Post by Avid »

gakakkad wrote:
Aditya G wrote:Looks like a VIP version of Mi-17:

why is ass f.u.c.k carrying a cane ? self sodomisin.g ? :)
I would request you to please mind the language, it is rather unbecoming of a discussion.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

^^^ I dont think Indian Army chief has a special chopper with a separate insignia(is that what its called?) unlike assphuck
skher
BRFite

Re: Indian Missiles and Munitions Discussion

Post by skher »

Dmurphy wrote:But skher, technically an ICBM can also be an SLBM.
I wish to say that perhaps the entire idea of having an ICBM which launches into space and re-enters the atmosphere needs a re-look. This is because it violates an international agreement we have ratified on Outer Space Use.
http://www.oosa.unvienna.org/oosa/Space ... erspt.html
States shall not place nuclear weapons or other weapons of mass destruction in orbit or on celestial bodies or station them in outer space in any other manner

Consequently,the Five Powers will use this against us for another round of sanctions. A SLBM without re-entry process but still with or lesser than 10,000 kms as range might not raise a blip in United Nations' radar.
nachiket wrote:skher, you seem confused about the acronyms ICBM and SLBM.
I am not confused about their exclusivity. Topol-M in its avatar as Bulava-M is the Submarine Launched version of the same intercontinental missile. Why is Russia now focusing more on mobile launchers and submarines for this missile?
Second Strike capability **during the Cold War was** usually done through mobile ICBM carrying submarines. Now, focus has shifted to a "prompt global strike" of conventional weapons....any stealthy Unmanned Aerial System armed with a 5,500 km+ Agni V or perhaps a Nirbhay might do. Ergo, it needs to be revised in the era of global terrorism, technological updates like air-launched hypersonic Unmanned Suborbital Aerial Vehicles and establishment of more cost-effective networked multiple cruise missile strikes as weapons of choice.

Future war can be a prolonged set of short skirmishes in which intercontinental nuclear weapons might not dissuade (Iraq & Afghanistan).
koti wrote: ICBM does not make "No First Use" incredulous. Canisterized(Silo based) ICBM's are extremely efficient in being Second Strike weapons. They provide a cheaper and far safer platforms to deploy the second strike capability. You cannot always arm your SLBM's with mighty Mega ton war heads and also in numbers.
The perception that we wish for a 'peaceful rise' and are defensive (playing the victim) will sound incredulous. Perceptively, ICBMs are far too efficient for a turd world country's second strike capability. Hence, our political will weakens and foreign policy dithers.

Are we ready for American, European and Russian ICBMs?

How good is our ballistic defence - does the system possess intercontinental range?
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

skher wrote: I wish to say that perhaps the entire idea of having an ICBM which launches into space and re-enters the atmosphere needs a re-look. This is because it violates an international agreement we have ratified on Outer Space Use.
http://www.oosa.unvienna.org/oosa/Space ... erspt.html
States shall not place nuclear weapons or other weapons of mass destruction in orbit or on celestial bodies or station them in outer space in any other manner
An ICBM does not violate the treaty. The treaty talks about putting nukes into orbit. An ICBM merely leaves the atmosphere and re-enters (as do the Agni I, II and III or any other ballistic missile in the world). It is not placed in orbit. The treaty prohibits putting nuke weapons on satellites. According to your logic we along with every other country that fields long range ballistic missiles already violate the treaty.
Last edited by nachiket on 21 Jun 2011 02:00, edited 1 time in total.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

skher wrote: Consequently,the Five Powers will use this against us for another round of sanctions. A SLBM without re-entry process but still with or lesser than 10,000 kms as range might not raise a blip in United Nations' radar.
:rotfl: A submarine launched ICBM (or SLBM to satisfy you), without a "re-entry process" does not exist.
Anyway, this discussion needs to be in the Newbie and Mil Miscellaneous thread.
satya
BRFite

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): May 30, 20

Post by satya »

Thing about Bhaands

So who are Bhaands well let's say they are Pankaj Mishra ,A roy & co. types. They have their own value & in coming years will only increase . See in earlier times ie b4 90s when we had bheekh mango program & there were numerous like jaat paat ke naam per de do ie untouchables in india need money & so on & bhookha sorry bhookh mitao programs well these were names of policies main aim was get the money in GoI coffers but to get the money need to show we have ''liberal anti hindu activists & their ngos in society apart from reform minded bureaucrats '' who use to advise the GoI to start some program like this & when our Mantri & Santri used to be told by the treasury officials need money , they use to ask babus how to get & the solution come in form of gareeb & bhukha hatao & hindu sudhar karo type program names . Beauty of India is we are the biggest player of Shri Hari's Maya , we give the name to give 1000 impression & the actual work we do in it is nowhere near the actual name's meaning.

So these Bhaands use to talk to mantri-santri nexus & now & then share the peg or two when mantri santri needs to go on shikaar ( u see earlier in the parties of Bhaands were found the best shikaar for mantri santri :rotfl: ) & since being Indian ek teer se do shikaar dimaag for sake of Bhaands as he is the ground for shikaar :mrgreen: & get money for treasury :twisted: .

Now to offshores : Company Bahadur & his extended family owe everything to moksha bhoomi known as India & in their bones they know it ;can't get over it so they need to feel the need of being relevant & they become relevant via money . Now to give money they need their egos to be massaged else they use to be very tightfist about money so solution was massive massage & its done in 3 ways one is via Bhaands who says bilkool sahi kaha rahe hein huzoor & company bahadur feel the old raj times on hearing this . 2nd via tourism in desh where the best of companybahadur still prefer to stay in Imperial delhi why cuz it smell of Raj or so they think & where they go where else but only to rajasthan land of royals & now to Agra thnxx to our western abduls :roll: . Again massive massage by the namaste & salaam they get of 90 degree bend minimum feel gud , 3rd strike is via babus & smiling mantri log who say wht to do need this much to change see we have to give employment to desis so they change atleast from dhoti kurta to pant bushatt & so on on apart from the visits to basti & those gr8 fotos we all remember where mantri-santri-bhaand nexus together working for the treasury of Desh & we say Indians don't work together :mrgreen: . Give the special gift of showing humility by our these 3 Indian groups even Shri Hari gets melted wht to say about Company Bahadur and so money flows.

It still happens but scale smaller than b4 . But Moksha Bhoomi is rising & to keep its rise safe need bhaands for diversion & so they start on their loudspeakers & helped in no small amount by our seedhe saadhe naive NRIs in desh n videsh (not all but still in numbers) & Company Bahadur feels yess i am gaining the foot soldiers just a few more & they keep us safe via showing just one more 'social engineering' push & India will be their a Raj 2.0 version & desh move on .So how it helps well we show the mukhota simple . We have mukhota of talk n peace pipe n billion poor & so on n on . Is company bahadur so naive answer is no but u see when u get massaged u forget everything else why people sing narayan narayan of Thailand in villages of haryana & tours of only desi men organized for thailand :rotfl: such is the effect n power of Massage . Is it the right way or wrong way debate sure but will it help yes in our digestion but wont matter at all in policy making circle .

So have Bhaands really made a diff. to policy of desh hmmm let's see Party needed massive fund to rebuild for being so long out of power how via MNREGA with the photo of bhaands n company. Desh need dam how to make it simple Medha patekar ki roji roti bachao andolan ke dwara . Point is Indian Neta ie real Indian Netas they dont even listen or follow wht their own father or mother suggest its not in gene of a desi neta never been never will be yet show must continue for this is Raajneeti .

Sorry for hinglish . Pls consider it as a Rant . No further on Bhaands .
Thomas Kolarek
BRFite

Re: Indian Naval Discussion

Post by Thomas Kolarek »

Down South, People in TN find no use with mighty Indian Navy when they cant stop attacks on Indian Fishermen by Srilankan Navy. Hundreds of fishermen have died and no media highlights happening outside Tamil nadu of this mighty problem. Very Sad, this sort of attitude towards people still exists in this modern world.
I would urge states to have its own Navy through some special ordinance if this is the on going trend.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/states/tam ... 521006.ece
http://www.colombopage.com/archive_11B/ ... 2794CH.php
ASPuar
BRFite

Post by ASPuar »

^^^

What is this rubbish? What can the Indian Navy do without political approval?
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

sigh
since when did we believe Jayalalitha or any tN politico???

where were people when the Ltte used to use the fisherman for cover on their logistics support run??
sevoke
BRFite -Trainee

Re: China Military Watch - Jan 11, 2011

Post by sevoke »

post deleted
Last edited by archan on 07 Nov 2011 09:33, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: user warned and banned
PratikDas
BRFite

Post by PratikDas »

It would be great if people had enough presence of mind to not be internally divisive in the China Military Watch thread.
sevoke
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sevoke »

Being internally divisive is not such a bad thing as long as it is kept to just that and not shaking hands with the common enemy to one up each other, like in the past. We'd be fooling ourselves if we acted like all fine and well, we are in perfect brotherhood. We have our differences and thats for us to resolve as a nation, not for anyone to exploit and if we are mature enough we should be able to hold our own in a calm and confident manner without being outmaneuvered like amateurs.
PratikDas
BRFite

Post by PratikDas »

To be coherent with my own advice, I'm not going to discuss this any further. This is the China Military Watch thread and you are OT.
sevoke
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sevoke »

I am reminding people and the Chinese there were Indians who extended their reach politically and culturally into the Chinese backyard before and are not afraid to do so again if the need arises, whether or not they are "marital race". It becomes more relevant with Indian participation in off shore drilling in South China Sea. Now, if babus in Delhi were familiar with South Indian history or acknowledged its due importance they would confidently rebuff Chinese claims in that region. But since "Indian History" in schools has more chapters on"Akbar the Great" and "Aurangzeb the Austere" there is emasculation of native history and lack of pride. Using the same logic as China, we should be able to unabashedly claim Tibet, and all of the waters from Maldives to Vietnam. You jumped to a quick conclusion about this being OT and revealed your insecurities about discussing references to marital races in India. Discussing internal differences is not kosher in BRF, apologies accepted Das babu.
member_20029
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_20029 »

sevoke wrote: Using the same logic as China, we should be able to unabashedly claim Tibet, and all of the waters from Maldives to Vietnam. You jumped to a quick conclusion about this being OT and revealed your insecurities about discussing references to marital races in India. Discussing internal differences is not kosher in BRF, apologies accepted Das babu.
that is why we're different than the ChiComs: because WE understand the idea of national sovereignty.
If Tibet WANTED to be part of India, then it would be part of India. Saying that Tibet is ours and going and taking it over is similar to the ChiCom/ROC (China/Taiwan) relationship.
sevoke
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sevoke »

The claim is to refute their arguments for the claims they make, not to take over in reality. It's a claim remember? And in any case, we don't have the political will to do so even if we wanted to despite a generous mix of marital races in our polity, including the one at helm now.
sevoke
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sevoke »

<del>
Last edited by Rahul M on 07 Nov 2011 11:38, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

Colonial imaginations dont count here
Colonial based idenitity and these manufactured identity based dissent dont count
member_22277
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_22277 »

my fellow indian bhais.

Please assist me in addressing this one question. why do we have such an apparent lack of backbone, be it china or pakistan.

china not issuing visas is a "slap in the face" keeping in mind the recent dialogue and cbms. Why can we not show some spirit and do the same thing to chinese visitors from tibet? Call Tibet a disputed territory and start denying visas.

Do our statesmen not read the "Art of War" by sun tzu? The entire chinese mindset is based on this book. Show some backbone and theyll take a step back. Chinese like to fight without actually fighting.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

wanderer wrote:my fellow indian bhais.

Please assist me in addressing this one question. why do we have such an apparent lack of backbone, be it china or pakistan.

china not issuing visas is a "slap in the face" keeping in mind the recent dialogue and cbms. Why can we not show some spirit and do the same thing to chinese visitors from tibet? Call Tibet a disputed territory and start denying visas.

Do our statesmen not read the "Art of War" by sun tzu? The entire chinese mindset is based on this book. Show some backbone and theyll take a step back. Chinese like to fight without actually fighting.
..here we go again - one more entrant to the Hindustani circus.

While reading Sun Tzu spare a few milliseconds for looking at the Indian mindset of defeatology and and astounding ability to recognise cowardice and unsmart-ness in everyone but oneself. :lol:
Misraji
BRFite

Post by Misraji »

One thing I have realized after interacting with the Chinese guys is that they are EXACTLY the same as us.
Same ambitions, same vulnerabilities.

So here is what we need to tell them .. "Bring it on"...

Why do we even bother with all these tantrums and mock displays of anger?
Brush them aside and pay attention to the real stuff.

--Ashish
member_22277
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_22277 »

shiv wrote:
wanderer wrote:my fellow indian bhais.

..here we go again - one more entrant to the Hindustani circus.

While reading Sun Tzu spare a few milliseconds for looking at the Indian mindset of defeatology and and astounding ability to recognise cowardice and unsmart-ness in everyone but oneself. :lol:
your a regular cartoon are'nt you? Do you know who I am, what I do or anything about me? Yet you choose to judge me because I voiced a comment. A well known comment about indians' lack of a backbone. Tu aadmi hai ya pajama?

I am a lot of things my friend, not a coward. 8)

You displayed another typical "bharati" trait of assuming the other person to have the same weaknesses oneself posesses.

And since we are discussing the indian mindset. Not always did we have such a mindset. It is a pity our schools do not teach the youth the history of Chandargupta maurya or the statecraft of Chankaya. This present attitude is a more recent phenomena of the gandhi mentality of turning the other cheekh. Unfortunately the congress government has adopted this mindset in abundance to suit their short-sightedness.

I came on this board to have an intelligent discussion. I hope you are not a sample of general ignorance on this board. We already have that with our leaders. No wonder our nation is in strategic tatters. We have olus like you who are busy critiquing people who attempt to have a discussion.
member_20067
BRFite

Post by member_20067 »

wanderer wrote: your a regular cartoon are'nt you? Do you know who I am, what I do or anything about me? Yet you choose to judge me because I voiced a comment. A well known comment about indians' lack of a backbone. Tu aadmi hai ya pajama?

I am a lot of things my friend, not a coward.

You displayed another typical "bharati" trait of assuming the other person to have the same weaknesses oneself posesses.

And since we are discussing the indian mindset. Not always did we have such a mindset. It is a pity our schools do not teach the youth the history of Chandargupta maurya or the statecraft of Chankaya. This present attitude is a more recent phenomena of the gandhi mentality of turning the other cheekh. Unfortunately the congress government has adopted this mindset in abundance to suit their short-sightedness.

I came on this board to have an intelligent discussion. I hope you are not a sample of general ignorance on this board. We already have that with our leaders. No wonder our nation is in strategic tatters. We have olus like you who are busy critiquing people who attempt to have a discussion.
Your frustration is not uncommon.. sadly BRF is not what it used to be and has become extremely polarizing with limited individuals having abundance respect and apparent influence and rest of the junta are matter of laugh, joke and bullying... but this is not the right thread to discuss that