Chinese presence in PoK - Make your voice heard

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
saravanan
BRFite -Trainee

Chinese presence in PoK - Make your voice heard

Post by saravanan »

** Admins - I feel this is important info and genuinely want a larger audience for it. If using the "new topic" button is the incorrect way for me to share this info, then please dont delete this thread and/or ban my user ID. Just let me know what to do and I will fix it **

Dear BRF friends,

You may have already seen news articles regarding the presence of Chinese army in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (Gilgit Baltistan).

A native of PoK - Senge Sering - has decided to raise awareness of this issue in US political circles. What better way to do it than use the recently created "We the People" petition feature on the White House website !

Senge created a petition on Nov/9 and has requested fellow Indians for support.

You can view and sign the petition here: http://wh.gov/bLN

If we reach 25,000 signatures by December 9, then the US Government will have to respond to this petition.

You may ask what purpose this will serve, considering that a mere response from the US government will not fix the issue. Well, it will demonstrate to the US government (as well as to the governments of Pakistan and China) that Indians care about what is happening in that remote corner of the world - even if Nehru famously said "why bother about that piece of land where not a blade of grass grows".

Well, lets demonstrate that we care about India's land even if it is grassless - and the next time we stand up and say "Kashmir is an indivisible part of India" you bet the rest of the world will sit up and listen !

All it takes is a few minutes of your time to register on the website (if you havent already done so) and sign this petition, a small step on your individual part. As the old Chinese proverb says - "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step". Please take that step now. After you sign it, please forward this to all your friends and contacts - so that they may do their part.

Jai Hind !
Samudragupta
BRFite

Re: Chinese presence in PoK - Make your voice heard

Post by Samudragupta »

Don't want to be sarcastic but POK can only be solved by IA and not State Dept....BTW signing petitions is not a problem.... :)
saravanan
BRFite -Trainee

Post by saravanan »

Samudragupta wrote:Don't want to be sarcastic but POK can only be solved by IA and not State Dept....BTW signing petitions is not a problem.... :)
Thank you for signing the petition. Agreed that the IA is best placed to solve the PoK issue. But don't discount the small factors that can also contribute to the solution. Even the squirrels brought sand and pebbles to Rama sethu .....
PratikDas
BRFite

Post by PratikDas »

*Done*

I'm not sure if pleading the US to scold China is the way to go. It's not like the American's don't know. At the highest levels they might decide that having China in Pakistan is not against their national interests. Unkil might even enjoy monitoring the extended communication links from Gilgit Baltistan to China for as long as the Chinese don't pose any real threat to Unkil's interests in Afghanistan. It would be like staring into a glass bowl aquarium with nothing to lose. The US might find that having the Chinese protect Chinese interests in Pakistan from the Taliban might lessen the workload for Unkil.

Bottom line, unless there are people like Dubya who take it upon themselves to do something about the situation, there won't be any progress.

Nevertheless, I often find myself being pessimistic. To address this SDRE trait, I've signed your petition.
saravanan
BRFite -Trainee

Post by saravanan »

Of course uncle knows what the dragon is doing. They should, considering LBJ and Nixon actively encouraged their "land of pure" puppet to engage the dragon, to build strategic pressure on USSR.

Yes, this petition does look like pleading with uncle on the surface, but the reality is that 25K signatures will force uncle to respond whether he likes it or not. Even a bland/cookie cutter response will serve the purpose.
PratikDas wrote: ....... Unkil might even enjoy monitoring the extended communication links from Gilgit Baltistan to China for as long as the Chinese don't pose any real threat to Unkil's interests in Afghanistan. It would be like staring into a glass bowl aquarium with nothing to lose. The US might find that having the Chinese protect Chinese interests in Pakistan from the Taliban might lessen the workload for Unkil.
Uncle cannot be unaffected by dragon's presence in PoK/Pak. Both uncle and India know Dragon has insatiable appetite for rare earth minerals and desperate need for Central Asian oil, so Afghanistan will always be in Dragon's crosshairs. China is simply using PoK/Pak route to grab a share of the post-US Afghan pie and therefore pulling strings of Pak puppet to ensure a Pak (and China) friendly Taliban power center stays active in Afghanistan. Afghanistan is not just Pakistan's strategic depth, it is also China's golden goose (or Peking Duck ?).
PratikDas
BRFite

Post by PratikDas »

Since a postcode is required, these signatures have to be from people who are in the US, right?