Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Armed Forces

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
member_20067
BRFite

Re: Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Military

Post by member_20067 »

VinayG wrote:hawk low level passes courtesy jetphotos.net

[img*]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/761/ ... 595287.jpg[/img]

[img*]http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/5993/1194764432.jpg[/img]
these are not low key passes but take off ... from Malta on a delivery flight to India..
you can see the actual pics and description here...

http://www.planepictures.net/netshow.php?id=692061
Last edited by Rahul M on 26 Jan 2012 08:40, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: do not quote pics.
VinayG
BRFite

Post by VinayG »

like jagan sir said still a low pass
Last edited by VinayG on 25 Jan 2012 05:43, edited 1 time in total.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

But the pilots were putting on a show for the photographers - by retracting the u/c at low level.. not normal sop. (read that bit on airliners)
SagarAg
BRFite

Post by SagarAg »

Su-30 MKI at Aero India 2011 (I think):
member_20067
BRFite

Post by member_20067 »

Jagan wrote:But the pilots were putting on a show for the photographers - by retracting the u/c at low level.. not normal sop. (read that bit on airliners)
are they BAE pilots..or IAF?
.. BAE test pilots delivered the final one.. so I guess it is same for the rest of the 24 as well... for C-130Js I think IAF sent their own pilots.. may be an opportunity to absorb long distance flying experience for the transport fleet...

http://www.baesystems.com/Newsroom/News ... 14126.html
Warton – UK. After completing a flight development contract for the Indian Air Force (IAF), BAE Systems has delivered the 24th and final UK built Indian Hawk.

Following a 3,000 mile journey across Europe, Africa and the Middle East, the aircraft, flown by BAE Systems test pilots, arrived safely at Air Force Station Bidar to join the rest of the Hawk fleet in delivering fast jet training to the IAF.

The aircraft, HT001, which was actually the first IAF Hawk to be built, has, for nearly three years served as a flight test platform and proving ground for the integration of new systems and capabilities onto the IAF Hawk fleet .
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

A lot of planes are flown to India from the manufacturing country by Indian pilots. We have had several stories of pilots ferrying (IIRC) Ouragans, Vampires, Jaguars, Mirages etc. Hawk - no idea. If the news item says BAe pilots they are BAe. I don't think IAF pilots would really be authorised to put up an impromptu show for photographers en route, though I suspect this sort of stuff may be Kosher for BAe/RAF pilots. If it was Malta that is Brit territory and there may be personal friends involved. The photographer lives in Malta as per his web page.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Jagan wrote:But the pilots were putting on a show for the photographers - by retracting the u/c at low level.. not normal sop. (read that bit on airliners)
thanks for that explanation. this set of pics had always intrigued me as to what exactly was happening.
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

Typically what happens is, after getting to Vr the pilots rotate, retract the LG and then stay low for a short while and then pull up, to let the photogs get those blurred background panning shots of the plane low over the runway. Makes for some stunning pictures. Happens at airshows too.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

easy to understand if you know the pilots were aware of the photo-op. the captions during the original incident made it sound like a chance shot. hence the confusion.
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

Came across some good Army Day Shots.
And finally my fav pic. :D

I know that this source is frowned upon here(and rightly so), but I could not find any alternate source which hosted pics of equal resolution.
Last edited by Jagan on 26 Jan 2012 06:37, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Yes, and we still keep frowning. Not going to send any traffic over there...
member_20067
BRFite

Post by member_20067 »

[quote="Gaur"]Came across some good Army Day Shots.

[img*]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-6GMXuIpttbA/T ... +Day-1.jpg[/img]

Boy !! o boy.. these folks are straight from African Bad and Corrupt Dictator Template !!!
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Prithwiraj wrote:
Boy !! o boy.. these folks are straight from African Bad and Corrupt Dictator Template !!!
Sir - I would call that a racist stereotype. You wouldn't care to explain why you said that would you?
member_20067
BRFite

Post by member_20067 »

shiv wrote:
Prithwiraj wrote:
Sir - I would call that a racist stereotype. You wouldn't care to explain why you said that would you?
just the way we all comment on Mullahs generally.. no body cared to explain.why we generalize... and definitely middle gentleman does not display the most ideal image of someone who is in charge of a country's security... I will be very disappointed if I see an Indian Military Attache with that kind of posture...anywhere in the world... but you are right this is a generalization and stereotyping .. but they don't help their cause either by showing up like this
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Prithwiraj wrote:
shiv wrote:Prithwiraj said:

just the way we all comment on Mullahs generally.. no body cared to explain.why we generalize... and definitely middle gentleman does not display the most ideal image of someone who is in charge of a country's security... I will be very disappointed if I see an Indian Military Attache with that kind of posture...anywhere in the world... but you are right this is a generalization and stereotyping .. but they don't help their cause either by showing up like this
"We all" comment on Mullahs? Please speak for yourself. They may be tired after a long flight, and jet lagged. I don't suppose you found it easy to take a kinder view. Black, appears African and asleep - and you say that this is a "template" of "African Bad and Corrupt Dictator". That is most definitely the sort of statement I hear from snooty white supremacists and Indians who consider themselves closer to white than black.
member_20067
BRFite

Post by member_20067 »

shiv wrote: "We all" comment on Mullahs? Please speak for yourself. They may be tired after a long flight, and jet lagged. I don't suppose you found it easy to take a kinder view. Black, appears African and asleep - and you say that this is a "template" of "African Bad and Corrupt Dictator". That is most definitely the sort of statement I hear from snooty white supremacists and Indians who consider themselves closer to white than black.
you are too sensitive . my housemates used to be a polish, a nigerian, a russian and a pakistani. and I loved and thrived with all of them for couple of yrs in watford, UK which was a multi ethic hot spots... I don't need to get your seminary lecture on which side of white supremacy I fall...

happy republic day

and yes btw Military and Defense Attaches are diplomatic posts and they don't typically travel overnight to attend events..they live in the missions
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Prithwiraj wrote: you are too sensitive
<snip>
I don't need to get your seminary lecture on which side of white supremacy I fall...
Thanks for telling me about me. I have already told you about you and I can see exactly which side of white supremacy you fall.
member_20067
BRFite

Post by member_20067 »

shiv wrote:
Prithwiraj wrote: you are too sensitive
<snip>
I don't need to get your seminary lecture on which side of white supremacy I fall...
Thanks for telling me about me. I have already told you about you and I can see exactly which side of white supremacy you fall.
ok...now that you got you daily share of morning bashing of people I guess normal life will begin.. that gentleman is extremely overweight.unbecoming of a military officer and dozing off in an official event where he represents his country.. unfortunately this gives more fuel to a stereotyping and if you have understood my first message which as usual you did not . before shooting from your hip... I said he falls into a template which is nothing but a stereotyped model... so why are you repeating something which I personally stated..?
instead of a black african if he had been a russian or east european .. you probably have said I belong to North American Khan camp or I am a khan fanboy..etc... .. since this is a picture thread lets close this matter here..
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

shiv wrote:"We all" comment on Mullahs? Please speak for yourself. They may be tired after a long flight, and jet lagged. I don't suppose you found it easy to take a kinder view. Black, appears African and asleep - and you say that this is a "template" of "African Bad and Corrupt Dictator". That is most definitely the sort of statement I hear from snooty white supremacists and Indians who consider themselves closer to white than black.
+ 1.
jimmy_moh
BRFite

Post by jimmy_moh »

my OT : mods can you delete all the off topic comments so than we can still claim this as picture thread....
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

why did they have prahar but not Arjun MBT tank?
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

^^^ Prahar is DRDO Display. Arjun is not shown, along with T-90 from the Army's side. T-72 has been shown.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Happy republic day to all Indians, wishing that next year we see a tejas flypast
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^ Saw a lady SPG officer ( with ear piece and SPG standard tie suit) for the first time in this R-day telecast. She kept standing behind the chief guest when Thai PM went from the car till the dias
sarabpal.s
BRFite

Post by sarabpal.s »

Hey guy check out today's fly past pics
Taken by me

VinayG
BRFite

Post by VinayG »

the webcast sucked i am waiting for the recording
Nikhil T
BRFite

Post by Nikhil T »

VinayG wrote:the webcast sucked i am waiting for the recording
Not a helpful suggestion now, but NDTV or IBN webcasts had feed from DD. :)
VinayG
BRFite

Post by VinayG »

yup the recording is up same link
Roperia
BRFite

Post by Roperia »

Cross posting from the Military Media Content thread

The 63rd Republic Day Celebrations on 26th January 2012 at New Delhi, India Webcast

Loved the flypast! Quick list of things showcased at the parade -

C130J, Mig29, Jaguar, Su30MKI, Agni 4, Rustom-1, An-32 ...

The video is too bright for the Su-30MKI maneuver in the webcast above and visibility is better here - IAF pilots enchant audience with spectacular flypast
Roperia
BRFite

Post by Roperia »

India celebrated its 63rd Republic Day. An impressive display of India's military might and cultural diversity was showcased during the parade. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh paid a solemn tribute to soldiers who have sacrificed their lives for the nation by laying a wreath at the Amar Jawan Jyoti at India Gate.

Minutes before the parade began, Singh, Antony and chiefs of Army, Navy and Air Force laid wreaths at 'Amar Jawan Jyoti', an eternal flame in the memory of those who laid down their lives while defending the nation.

Contingents of the Armed Forces march at the Rajpath. Photo: R.V. Moorthy

Naval contingents march at Rajpath. Photo: R. V. Moorthy

President Pratibha Patil , Thailand Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh arrive to watch 63rd Republic Day parade in New Delhi on Thursday. Photo: PTI

An impressive display of armour and unmanned aerial vehicles recently added to India's military prowess was on full display at the 63rd Republic Day parade.

The Agni-IV, successfully flight tested last November, stole the limelight as people cheered when the missile which can carry nuclear weapons was rolled out on the majestic Rajpath.

The Intermediate Range Surface-to-Surface Ballistic Missile mounted on a road mobile launcher was paraded by the Defence Research and Development Organisation.

The DRDO also put on display for the first time the 150 km range Prahaar Tactical Battlefield Support Missile and the Rustom-1 Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV).

Source - In Pictures: India celebrates 63rd Republic Day

63rd Republic Day celebrations

R-Day Debutants: Fl Lt Sneha, Agni-4, Prahaar, C-130J
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

member_20453
BRFite

Post by member_20453 »

Prahaar looking mean, I hope we test an entire salvo from the launcher soon.
Kanson
BRF Oldie

Post by Kanson »

Parade and all looks colourful including Thailand PM, isn't it? Nice.
kaangeya
BRFite

Post by kaangeya »

Parade and all looks colourful including Thailand PM, isn't it? Nice.
Yes :mrgreen:
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Chackoji,
It should be Republic Day, not Independence day..
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by abhishek_sharma »

From The Hindustan Times
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

Bala Vignesh wrote:Chackoji,
It should be Republic Day, not Independence day..
:rotfl: Changed. Thanks.