Happy republic day

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Re: Happy republic day

Post by member_20317 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foYFktB1xDI

I renew my pledge, on the annivarsary of the of the Trust deed.

My idea for next BR meet too. :)
nelson
BRFite

Post by nelson »

Gurneesh wrote:There weren't too many IA regiments in the parade ?

I remember (from many years ago when i watched the parade) seeing many more regiments taking part in the parade.

Is there a change ??
Over the years the part of IA marching contingents has been reduced in R Day parade. May be in reflection of the increase in mechanisation of the Armed force and proportionate strength of paramilitary forces. Not more than 07 IA regiments take part these days. In 2012 these were,
Bengal Engineer Group
Brigade of the Guards
Kumaon Regiment
Assam Regiment
Mahar Regiment
11th Regiment Gorkha Rifles
Corps of Military Police
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

SBajwa wrote:On this republic day I ask all of my BR buddies to acknowledge the sacrifice and duty of each soldier they see on street!! Please thanks them for their duty!!
Let us also hope for the day when the political figures whom the soldiers salute are also honest and transparently chosen.
PratikDas
BRFite

Post by PratikDas »

Rahul M wrote:one year closer to fulfilling our tryst with destiny. happy republic day folks !
Well said!

Happy Republic Day to all!
nitinr
BRFite -Trainee

Post by nitinr »

Wishing all my countrymen a a very happy Republic Day..
Be proud, hold your head high, make this nation proud..

Saare Jahan se achhaa, Hindustan hamara..
dinesha
BRFite

Post by dinesha »

Happy Republic Day to All!!!
RKumar

Post by RKumar »

Happy Republic Day!!!
schowdhuri
BRFite

Post by schowdhuri »

nelson wrote:
Gurneesh wrote:There weren't too many IA regiments in the parade ?

I remember (from many years ago when i watched the parade) seeing many more regiments taking part in the parade.

Is there a change ??
Over the years the part of IA marching contingents has been reduced in R Day parade. May be in reflection of the increase in mechanisation of the Armed force and proportionate strength of paramilitary forces. Not more than 07 IA regiments take part these days. In 2012 these were,
Bengal Engineer Group
Brigade of the Guards
Kumaon Regiment
Assam Regiment
Mahar Regiment
11th Regiment Gorkha Rifles
Corps of Military Police
No reflection of any mechanisation here. The armed forces strength has constantly been reduced while Paramilitary has increased. In turn, uniformed personnel strength has constantly been reduced and cultural contingents increased. Notice how field artillery has been completely knocked off.
keshavchandra
BRFite

Post by keshavchandra »

Happy republic day to all BRF legends.....
It was a sad and dull saga from the defence services.... :cry: :cry:
But A-4 and Prahaar introduced by DRDO was the real eye catcher... :-o :-o
member_20453
BRFite

Post by member_20453 »

Happy Republic Day!
Nihat
BRFite

Post by Nihat »

Happy republic day to everyone.

I Was particularly heartened by the sight of RVC marching contingent sight today,.quote a rarity.
schowdhuri
BRFite

Post by schowdhuri »

Did anyone notice that the camera work at today's parade was different from the earlier years (in patches)? For instance, for the first time I clearly saw the 25pdrs firing the gun salute - earlier all I would see was the smoke. Also a close up of the PBG cdr's face & shoulder clearly showing the patches. There were other good close up's I never saw before.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

Why do the special forces guys (NSG, for eg.) always jog around and not walk in the parade.. I have never seen them walk like other guys. is there any special reason to make them run, rather than walk in the parade?
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

Not NSG. Para Commandos
http://pib.nic.in/release/phsmall.asp?phid=38878
It's a way to showcase the strength. Usually in NCC it's taught to raise leg to belt level. And it's very tough if you keep doing it for long time.
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

schowdhuri wrote:Did anyone notice that the camera work at today's parade was different from the earlier years (in patches)? For instance, for the first time I clearly saw the 25pdrs firing the gun salute - earlier all I would see was the smoke. Also a close up of the PBG cdr's face & shoulder clearly showing the patches. There were other good close up's I never saw before.
I felt it differently. I was able to watch Sonia Madam from the start to the end.:lol: Felt everything else was secondary. Even Soldiers, PM, president or guest or anything else. Showsomething, then Sonia Madam is shown. Zooming closeup. Then again something, the same is repeated. Same like last years. These DD guys.
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

IIRC, the contingent from CMP was a first. But good development nevertheless.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Nearly 9 PM IST now. It has been a happy Republic Day.
Kanson
BRF Oldie

Post by Kanson »

Well, while everybody wants this day to be a happy Republic day, hope it manifests this country into a truly republic one and not rests merely on customs and tradition.
anirban_aim
BRFite

Post by anirban_aim »

Dear Rakshaks,

Happy Republic Day to you all!!! :D

Over with the niceties, now for some observations:

First the best ones

The paras were bloody awesome!!!! :D Absolute TFTA and kick ass...... 8) Whichever jernail saab came up with the marching style did a good thing even if the idea was "inspired" as some allege :P

After the Amar Jawan ceremony when MMS reached Rajpath and got down from his car & was introduced around, right in the begining I thought there was a female SPG guard. Anyone can confirm :?: 8)

The camera work was better, I felt :D

Now the good ones

Good to see BEG, CMP marching. Cant recall them doing so in recent past

RMV float....

Now the not so good ones: <Rant Alert> :((

Only Agni, Smerch, Pinaka, Mortar Carrier, Signal Jammers and a NBC environment water purifier apart from the T-72s.... (discounting the Dhruvs, Mi-17s & the fighters here, talking about the crawlies only) Dude... really :?: atleast give us some MPVs, BMPs, Prithvi, No artillery too.... :(

Why so few marching contingents from fauj? ( Please discount the PBG & the mounted columns they are here every year) Missed Sikh LI, Rajputs & when was Madras last here?

DRDO float < No Comments> Ahem!!

With my respects to the constable of the RPF from SW railways who won a gallantry award, and at the risk of being slayed let me say that I dont want to get up early to see Railway Protection Force marching.... I want some OG there man!!

Over all I missed the enthu & get up & go this time. :((
kittoo
BRFite

Post by kittoo »

Happy Republic Day to all.

An amazing gesture by FinnAir on our Republic Day-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Esnb3kUDAw
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Happy Republic Day to all
girish.r
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by girish.r »

kittoo wrote:Happy Republic Day to all.

An amazing gesture by FinnAir on our Republic Day-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Esnb3kUDAw
wow!! thats certainly a nice gesture! Happy R-Day to all. :)
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Talking about Para Commands! This is the first time I am seeing an Indian battalion marching in this way. Is this normal?
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

Bajwa - obviously you were hiding under a rock :mrgreen:

This has been on for a couple of years now and there is mucho whining in BRF about it
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

>> right in the begining I thought there was a female SPG guard. Anyone can confirm

came with the prez, not MMS IIRC.

>> The camera work was better, I felt :D

nope. not a single side profile of the vehicles shown. continued filming smerch even when pinaka was going past and commentator talking about it. then started showing next item. :roll:
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

^^^Sbajwa ji, ask Surya :mrgreen: :P :mrgreen:
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

Happy Republic day to all! Pray for our soldiers defending us in the sky's, seas and land. Guarding us while we can enjoy our holiday.
A Sharma
BRFite

Post by A Sharma »

DRDO Technologies in the Republic Day Parade-2012
Prahar missile is an another marvel of technology recently developed by DRDO for national security. It is a Tactical Battlefield support high speed Missile based on solid propulsion and is equipped with high precision inertial Navigation System giving it capability to hit targets around 150 kms away with pin point accuracy. The missile is mounted on a road mobile launcher, carries significant payload and can be equipped with a variety of warheads. Each high mobility launcher
carries six missiles; Multiple launchers can be interlinked to deliver a near simultaneous Multi Axis Attack on the target with devastating effect
. With its long range, high accuracy and short reaction time, 'Prahaar', would be an invaluable addition to the Arsenal of Armed Forces.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Happy RD to all. Would you believe it, I dozed off halfway! Senility beckons.I chuckled when AKA pointedly made some extra small talk with the Army chief ,as if to show the world that everything was hunky-dory between the two ! What a miserable motorcade for the VVIPs though.The days when IG and her successors drove down in humble armourplated Ambys is a forgotten era.These days for the precious backsides of our underachieving babus and VVIP politicos,nothing less than the best of Beemers and shortly to arrive frightfully expensive 12 VVIP Merlin helos ,of the knid that the USMC want for "Marine Corps 1",will do.It is also a subtle reminder of the discrepancy in "eqpt." that the civilian bosses get and what the armed forces have to put up with,vital decisions kept pending for years!.
ashdivay
BRFite

Post by ashdivay »

Happy Republic Day !

I've uploaded a unintrupted Video of Republic Day Parade 2012 on my blog for anyone who missed it.

http://ashsworldonline.blogspot.com/201 ... -2012.html

Have fun !
Jai Hind !
Ash
trushant
BRFite -Trainee

Post by trushant »

Rahul M wrote:>> right in the begining I thought there was a female SPG guard. Anyone can confirm

came with the prez, not MMS IIRC.

>> The camera work was better, I felt :D

nope. not a single side profile of the vehicles shown. continued filming smerch even when pinaka was going past and commentator talking about it. then started showing next item. :roll:
Yup ..the Camera work was not upto the mark... I wanted to point out the Pinaka MBRLS to someone home ..and the guy kept on focussing on Smerch and he just skipped that one. BTW did anyone noticed the colour scheme for Smerch?? The rockets looked more like huge pencils ..atrocious
ashdivay
BRFite

Post by ashdivay »

I've also uploaded uninterrupted video of Beating the retreat 2012 for all those "feerangi" Indians and others who missed it live.

http://ashsworldonline.blogspot.com/201 ... -2012.html

Jai Hind !

Ash
rajatmisra
BRFite -Trainee

Post by rajatmisra »

Silly question by me:
The coas carried a baton; the cons a sword. Nothing by coas. Why?
Why was coas not carrying a sword?
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

CoAS, CNS and CAS. not coas or cons. the answer is probably nothing but tradition, air forces are modern creations which did not involve batons or swords at any point of their history.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

uddu wrote:Not NSG. Para Commandos
http://pib.nic.in/release/phsmall.asp?phid=38878
It's a way to showcase the strength. Usually in NCC it's taught to raise leg to belt level. And it's very tough if you keep doing it for long time.
Interesting, it looks like they're carrying a variation of the Tavor assault rifle.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Rahul M wrote:air forces are modern creations which did not involve batons or swords at any point of their history.
Air Force officers commanding parades etc. carry a revolver/pistol in its (white) case. Guess it is because they are the youngest force around and started at much later date (when they had small arms, and batons and swords etc. were obsolete ;)).

PS: BTW, any idea what does 'Nakhreli Joban' mean? Which language?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Just noticed - there appears to be no bickering on this thread. Could you all please do your bit and bicker here as well.

US bad/good
Russia bad/good
Armed forces bad/good
BRFites bad/good
F-16 good/good
etc
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

okie dokie. Let me start. Amerika is EBIL.
Bali chada do, Bali chada do, Bali chada do :P