Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Armed Forces

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Re: Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Military

Post by Prem Kumar »

Rahul M wrote:so the bodyguards should be unarmed ?? :roll: and how will they protect the VIP if a terrorist attacks ?
think a bit before saying meaningless things.
Rahul: as ridiculous as that suggestion sounds, it was exactly this line of thinking that caused us to not develop our China border infrastructure.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Prem Kumar wrote:
Rahul M wrote:so the bodyguards should be unarmed ?? :roll: and how will they protect the VIP if a terrorist attacks ?
Rahul: as ridiculous as that suggestion sounds, it was exactly this line of thinking that caused us to not develop our China border infrastructure.
that particular strategy had its place, back then. it is one of the reasons why PLA could not continue staying in India. as such, in certain circumstances it is a legitimate defensive strategy.
of course, it doesn't make sense now.
Perhaps to give a few more seconds (than a sidearm can give) to evacuate the protected from surprise attackers who came through somehow. Maybe there are SOPs to deal with rogue situations.
plus these people would be strongly vetted during appointment and throughout their duty years.
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

SagarAg wrote:Is this image real. Never seen it before. Transport plane dropping bombs. :?:
Does anybody know:
1. Will the CMDS be standard fixtures to all An-32s?
2. What is the fixture just before the rump underneath the belly of the An-32?
rajeshks
BRFite

Post by rajeshks »

Rahul, I was talking about the guys in the immediate vicinity of VVIPs. I remember reading about an approach to make the outer rings fool proof so that the guys in the close proximity dont have to carry automatic weapons. pistols may be allowed. Also is it good to see the PM surronded by men carrying guns? if automatic weapons are so imp why the president's body guards are not carrying that.. why SPG is not doing that when PM goes abroad, why many other head of states who faces similar degree of threats do the same.. there may be better ways of ensuring security..

i would say keeping heavily armed men in close proximity of VVIPs is like trying to prevent hacking attacks by using anti-virus in the system. there may be better mechanisms like firewalls to prevent the threat from reaching the system .. JMT.. :)
Mayuresh
BRFite

Post by Mayuresh »

Hiten wrote:
Aditya G wrote:I want to see pics of lady SPG :((
at 17:48 she can be seen approaching the PM's car from the left-hand side of the screen, as the car comes to a halt. She walks up to the far side, on the side the PM's wife emerges. Lady not hard to track; without a tie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXP_F7SW8p0
Question: We saw the PM's wife get a lady SPG officer protecting her. Why does the President not have any lady SPG officers in her security cordon? Also, are there any lady presidential bodyguards? Those who throw themselves over the president in case of an attack? Yes, in other countries, this Q would be stupid but in India, we need to respect some cultural sensibilities :-)
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

Found these nice few shots by a Japanese photog on Flickr

Republic Day 2012 http://www.flickr.com/photos/miyataka_j ... 055909647/

Republic Day 2011 http://www.flickr.com/photos/miyataka_j ... 099893483/
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

adityadange wrote:
chackojoseph wrote:Must be familiar.

Flag Ceremony at Wagah Border
its nice to see female BSF jawans in the pic.
Like em'? BSF Women Guards
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

Hiten
BRFite

Post by Hiten »

UPDATED: INS Viraat - Indian Navy Aircraft Carrier [Wallpaper material]

posting the updated pics

higher-res pics can be accessed by clicking on the pics
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

There is a postal stamp issued for SPG; was not awere - posting below

merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

Interesting comments on that page. Someone sure has takleef :-)
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

^^^^ I had deleted a rash of em the day it was posted. The zombies struck again.
sudhan
BRFite

Post by sudhan »

Couldn't find a pic for the DRDO Netra, after I read about it in the BR home page news feed.. So here it is :)

There is an interesting u-toob video showing the netra in action..
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

rajeshks wrote: Rahul, I was talking about the guys in the immediate vicinity of VVIPs. I remember reading about an approach to make the outer rings fool proof so that the guys in the close proximity dont have to carry automatic weapons. pistols may be allowed. Also is it good to see the PM surronded by men carrying guns? if automatic weapons are so imp why the president's body guards are not carrying that.. why SPG is not doing that when PM goes abroad, why many other head of states who faces similar degree of threats do the same.. there may be better ways of ensuring security..
1st of all no outer ring is fool proof. These guys are not protecting dictators but elected leaders of a democratic country. And as elected leaders they need to meet with common folks from time to time. In those cases just arming the outer ring is useless. And a lot of the overt show of weaponry, dark glasses etc is also to intimidate - that is a lesson well learned from Khan. The PBG is a ceremonial outfit for the most part hence, the comparison is not valid.
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

My Latest Photo shows (in-part) Dassault's Successful Marketing Image
http://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/ ... -rafale-b/

More here http://vishal.jolapara.in/2011/05/13/dassault-rafale/
rajanb
BRFite

Post by rajanb »

^^^ Thanks Vishal
tejas
BRFite

Post by tejas »

If function follows form, this the world's best jet 8)
Hiten
BRFite

Post by Hiten »

Vishal Jolapara wrote:My Latest Photo shows (in-part) Dassault's Successful Marketing Image
:D Truly worthy of much Image Image

Much disappointment that not many took [or published] pics of the other beauties at last year's AI

one of the few that came my way with mucho difficulty

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/308484/misc/Aer ... ame.in.jpg
VishalJ
BRFite

Re: Mods pls be lenient :-)

Post by VishalJ »

rajanb wrote:^^^ Thanks Vishal
Austin wrote:
Vishal Jolapara wrote:My Latest Photo shows (in-part) Dassault's Successful Marketing Image

Vishal Excellent pics ..... 8) .
Thank Guys! Your compliments are my only motivation.
Singha wrote:who is this beautiful woman? the shopping bags of deepam silks etc piled up indicate she directly came from MG road lol
Probably some VIP or IAF officer's daughter/relative¿
shiv wrote:
Singha wrote:who is this beautiful woman? the shopping bags of deepam silks etc piled up indicate she directly came from MG road lol
Good catch - there is another female foot to the right of the Deepam bag.
Hiten wrote:Much disappointment that not many took [or published] pics of the other beauties at last year's AI
:mrgreen: Saala you want to see more chokariya than do विमान चर्चा, then please bolo na.
Thy shall now edit some तस्वीरें of Aurats instead.
Kersi D wrote:
shiv wrote:Good catch - there is another female foot to the right of the Deepam bag.
Oh boy. The jingoes on BRF are REALLY observant, especially of a lady's foot ! Some eyesight !!!!!!
Perhaps we in BRF should start working closely with RAW (or ISI, Mossad, CIA, MI6, Savak etc)

K
Image Kersibhai were you there in that BR Meet when i was showing-off all the Aero India 11 ma shoot kareli dhavs?
Red Dress wari Dassault bhabhi yaad che ke nai? Image
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

That girl pretty much personifies India as a country - clambering confidentially into a bleeding edge tech symbol, while safely depositing that Deepam Silks bag (the other high point of the day). The French too seem relaxed, respectful and happy around her, instead of patronizing.

Lovely pic, Vishaal-saar for more than one reason 8)
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Re: Mods pls be lenient :-)

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Vishal Jolapara wrote: Image Kersibhai were you there in that BR Meet when i was showing-off all the Aero India 11 ma shoot kareli dhavs?
Red Dress wari Dassault bhabhi yaad che ke nai? Image
Vishal bhai,

Nice capture.. Loved your comment too...

Hum ko bhi bhabhi ki photo dikhao na.. :P :P
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

Indian Army Recovery Vehicle and men at work

Watch above the boots and below the knees. There is another layer of snow padding.
ASPuar
BRFite

Post by ASPuar »

Looks like the Rashtriya Rifles cap...
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

^^^That is the normal winter wear with RR badge on it....nothing Kumaoni in it (Regiment or region wise)
Check this:http://frontierindia.net/indiandefence/ ... at-LOC.jpg
abhinavjo
BRFite -Trainee

Post by abhinavjo »

^^^^ I guess chako sir would know that. :D
He's probably talking abt the battalion 13 RR is derived from some battalion from the kumaon regiment..winter wear or no winter wear. :wink:
Ashwini
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Ashwini »

OUTSTANDING!

Having tried uploading to Airliners.net i know its next to impossible to pass their quality standards & get a photo on there.
I made a search for all the Rafale shots in India on Airliners http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... humbnails= & you're directly connected to all of them in some way except the one by Andreas & Rahul.
Would love to see a photo of you with the a/c.
Btw, are you on fb?
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

Thank You Chacko, Bala & Ashwini
Ashwini wrote:I made a search for all the Rafale shots in India on Airliners http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... humbnails= & you're directly connected to all of them in some way except the one by Andreas & Rahul.
Me & Rahul were shooting together on the first 2~3 days & i was having dinner with him at his house while he was editing that rafale photo of his.
About Andreas, i helped him to set-up his India travel from the get-go :wink:
Bala Vignesh wrote: Hum ko bhi bhabhi ki photo dikhao na.. :P :P
Presenting: The Dassault Bhabhi | Day 1 - Red Dress
First photo, fully zoomed-out:
Needs to be seen in Full High-Res 1600x http://www.flickr.com/photos/in340vj/6824401539/

Since i was standing downwind to her, I could smell her perfume even before i saw her.
LV bag, Prada shoes, Dior Shades Image
PratikDas
BRFite

Post by PratikDas »

^^^ I had to hold back the laughter at only Dassault Bhabhi being in full Technicolor lest SHQ be disturbed.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Vishal Jolapara wrote: Presenting: The Dassault Bhabhi | Day 1 - Red Dress
Needs to be seen in Full High-Res 1600x http://www.flickr.com/photos/in340vj/6824401539/

Since i was standing downwind to her, I could smell her perfume even before i saw her.
She is already somebody's bhabhi all right :(( :(( Doesn't Dassault have any pre-bhabhi stage PYT motorhams or what?! :evil: :evil:

And look at her triceps with that hammer-sized bag - any ogling Jingo better watch out! :mrgreen:
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

Shrinivasan
BRF Oldie

Post by Shrinivasan »

Vishal you might want to protect your pictures better? I figured out a way to download you picture... in particular the priceless "lal dresswali" tasveer... I would delete the pic in deference to your copyright and your effort... but thought I would warn you...
Keep up the good work... your pics of AI2011 and others were wooooow!!!
member_20617
BRFite

Post by member_20617 »

Vishal Jolapara wrote:Presenting: The Dassault Bhabhi | Day 1 - Red Dress

Vishal

Kem Cho?

Reminds me of an evergreen (or should I say ever ’red’) song called ‘Lal chadi maidan khadi kya khub ladi’