LCA News and Discussions

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
pralay
BR Mainsite Crew

Re: LCA News and Discussions

Post by pralay »

raghuk wrote:Its my birthday tomorrow and couldn't have asked for a better gift from my employers! :D :D
hehe
HAPPY BIRTH DAY! Mate!!
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Bharadwaj wrote:Another delta takes to the air....could be a mirage...not sure.
Please see RaghuK who works at HAL's post, How coem SU-30MKI got Tagged as DELTA?
Bharadwaj
BRFite

Post by Bharadwaj »

Aditya_V wrote:
Bharadwaj wrote:Another delta takes to the air....could be a mirage...not sure.
Please see RaghuK who works at HAL's post, How coem SU-30MKI got Tagged as DELTA?
Maybe I was not clear....I was referring to "another delta" being another Lca in the air.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Ok sorry about the confusion, please post when these birds come for landing.
SagarAg
BRFite

Post by SagarAg »

Raghuk ji how long is the test flight duration ? :D (Happy Birthday in advance)
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

per Tarmak007, it is expected to be 25 mins. I think the bird flew `16:20 IST, expected landing should be ~ 16:45 IST.
Marut
BRFite

Post by Marut »

^Does this LSP-7 flight have anything to do with my trip to BLR tommorrow? Guess they were scared of this jingo coming to town to shoot some butterflies :rotfl:

Maybe I should shoot butterflies more often, maybe even some dolphins :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ps: happy birthday raghuk. Would said have a beer for me, but maybe shouldn't with all your health problems. Anyways good job and convey our regards to all your colleagues.
member_22605
BRFite

Post by member_22605 »

Its expected at around 1700. The intake has just been more aerodynamically reshaped and it still exists and has not been closed.
member_22605
BRFite

Post by member_22605 »

LSP-7 comes into to land!
member_20163
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_20163 »

Thanks RaghuK - BTW - Have a great day tomorrow !!. Cheers
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

congrats to all involved !
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

raghuk wrote:LSP-7 comes into to land!
Has it Landed?
Bharadwaj
BRFite

Post by Bharadwaj »

Aditya_V wrote:
raghuk wrote:LSP-7 comes into to land!
Has it Landed?
It must have come in from the east. My line of sight is somewhat blocked for landing altitudes :((
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

RaghuK has the bird landed ?
member_22605
BRFite

Post by member_22605 »

MKI lands and will probably be followed by the big Illyushin and yes the LSP-7 landed at around 1650
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

raghuk wrote:MKI lands and will probably be followed by the big Illyushin and yes the LSP-7 landed at around 1650
:D :D AK PHYREE ARR PEE GEE Pfyre.

Congrats to the folks at HAL/ ADA etc. I guess LSP-7 is the final config for Tejas MK 1
SagarAg
BRFite

Post by SagarAg »

Yahooo...Yippiii...I need pictures nou. Thankiu Raghuk for the osum live feed.
Cheers!! :D :D :D :D :D
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Many Jingos seems to have missed the Friday evening good news
Kailash
BRFite

Post by Kailash »

Jingo kush hua :)

Whatever is said on the forum during the repeated delays is only out of desperation and inability do anything (as a jingo). Again goes to show the commitment of the teams which works on the ground solving the problems, whose details we may know never know fully.

Toast to their dedication. Happy about the first safe flight of LSP-7 :mrgreen:
sombhat
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sombhat »

Congrats Raghu, and happy B'day. Will LSP 8 be close on the heels, or is there going to be a wait for that too. Pls. disclose only if appropriate.
SKrishna
BRFite

Post by SKrishna »

raghuk wrote:Its expected at around 1700. The intake has just been more aerodynamically reshaped and it still exists and has not been closed.

Has it been moved to the sides? I can see a scoop there...
nrshah
BRFite

Post by nrshah »

Great news...

Infact, i was hoping it happened on 6th March (My birthday :twisted: ).

Last year, DRDO gifted me Interceptor missile test, so expectations were high this time...

Belated but nontheless, very very valuable and memorable gift... Thank you DRDO/ADA/HAL/IAF and all involved.
RKumar

Post by RKumar »

Honestly, I was expecting NP-1 to fly first and then LSP's. But both are equally welcome and jingos will be happy as long as we keep adding air frames .... Keep it up guys and gals out there.
member_22605
BRFite

Post by member_22605 »

only a few good looking girls :wink:
Gurneesh
BRFite

Post by Gurneesh »

@ Raghuk: Thanks for the updates.
RKumar

Post by RKumar »

beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder :lol:, I meant congrats to everyone involved (don't want to miss other better half, quality matters then quantity :mrgreen: )

Happy b'day to you in advance 8)
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

LiveFist.blogspot.com has first photos of LSP-7 in flight. There are three low res photos.

Looking at them, I had a question. The earlier LCAs were flown with dummy R-73s on the outer pylons. LSP-7 didn't carry any missiles on its first flight, only the outer pylons. I was under the impression that they were required for aerodynamic stability(LCA can fly clean, but during test phases, I was told it provides stability). Wonder why the change in this LSP.
Hitesh
BRFite

Post by Hitesh »

What's so special about the LSP-7 plane? I am not sure if I understand the significance. I apologize in advance for not knowing the difference in advance.
kirang
BRFite -Trainee

Post by kirang »

http://www.tarmak007.blogspot.in/2012/0 ... lsp-7.html

more juice for gurus and hopefully more info for jingos and lurkers!! :)
PratikDas
BRFite

Post by PratikDas »

kirang wrote:http://www.tarmak007.blogspot.in/2012/0 ... lsp-7.html

more juice for gurus and hopefully more info for jingos and lurkers!! :)
Tejas Limited Series Production - 7 took off for its maiden flight from HAL airport at 4:27 pm on 9th March 2012. This test flight is significant for the programme, as LSP -7 build standard is close to the initial operational clearance (IOC) standard. Accordingly LSP -7 aircraft, along with LSP - 8 will be offered to the Indian Air Force for user evaluation trials (UET). The flight was also significant considering the fact that for the first time Production Test Schedule was used for the first flight of a LSP aircraft in this programme. This is also the first time maiden flight of a prototype was not accompanied by the customary ‘chase’ aircraft, which is an indicator to the level of confidence in the machine.

The flight lasted 28 minutes with Gp Capt KK Venugopal at the controls in the cockpit and Wg Cdr Kabadwal of the National Flight Test Centre (NFTC) as Test Director in the telemetry. During the test flight, performance of the aircraft systems including Multi-mode Radar (MMR), Helmet Mounted Display System (HMDS), Auto-pilot and Instrument Landing System (ILS) was satisfactory, providing a moment of pride for all the stake holders which include ADA, HAL, IAF, CEMILAC, DG AQA, ADE and NAL among others.
Congratulations Team LCA!

MMR, HMDS, ILS and Auto-pilot included from day one. No chase aircraft. No dummy missiles needed for first flight.

LSP-7 was supposed to have been put together using the large-scale production process. The fuel and hydraulic line issue probably detracted from that effort. Nevertheless, I look forward to quicker rollouts from now on.
Last edited by PratikDas on 09 Mar 2012 21:19, edited 1 time in total.
Uttam
BRFite

Post by Uttam »

Awesome. Kudos to the Team LCA.

The second picture of LSP-7 in flight show retracted landing gear. I thought, usually they don't retract the landing gear for the first flight as a safety measure. (Of course, I may be totally off-base, so please correct me.) This show the level of confidence of Team LCA.
wilson_th
BRFite -Trainee

Post by wilson_th »

Thanks a lot RaghuK for the News

and advanced Happy B'day.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Uttam wrote:Awesome. Kudos to the Team LCA.

The second picture of LSP-7 in flight show retracted landing gear. I thought, usually they don't retract the landing gear for the first flight as a safety measure. (Of course, I may be totally off-base, so please correct me.) This show the level of confidence of Team LCA.
Only for early prototypes when the system is not yet proven.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

since this is close to a production aircraft, its flight test should reflect that fact
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

JTull
BRF Oldie

Post by JTull »

Is this the first time a press release has mentioned a specific aircraft having flown with MMR?
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

Congratulations to all involved in getting this off the ground.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Congratulations too all involved. DRDO/HAL tussi great ho. Raghuk garu thanks for feeding the curiousity of jingoes in this thread and Gurneesh ji nice cartoon

Flying without a chase aircraft shows some good confidence by the pilot and the DRDO/HAL team

Btw a jingo is not a jingo if he doesnt ask for info. There seems to be scanty information on the capabilities of LSP7 why cant HAL address them and then when LSP8 would be ready to fly, last time around LSP3,4 &5 fly within six months.

Raghuk garu, I had this question in mil av thread, there has been no news since the crash of the IJT last year. How are we doing on that program
Kartik
BRF Oldie

Post by Kartik »

Lalmohan wrote:yellow primers are used to ensure corrosion protection of the aluminium airframe. al-li alloys in particular are very corrodable
not sure if the paints are naturally yellow due to their protective agents or are yellow to allow visual inspection of coverage and flaking - probably the latter
Why would you coat the skin panels in yellow to protect the airframe underneath? Most of the LCA's skin panels are carbon composites.
Uttam
BRFite

Post by Uttam »

suryag wrote: Flying without a chase aircraft shows some good confidence by the pilot and the DRDO/HAL team

The more I think about not having a chase aircraft, the more it seems to me that it has less to do with the safety or precaution and more to do with chase aircraft filming and observing the new aircraft. I guess since the LCA program has advanced so much that there is no need to do that any more and therefore no chase aircraft. I wonder what can a chase aircraft do if something really goes wrong with new aircraft!