Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): 29 March 2012

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): 29 March 2

Post by anupmisra »

Violence grips GB; army called in
Gunmen kill nine passengers after offloading them from a bus in Chilas
20 killed, 55 injured in clashes after grenade attack on Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat rally in Gilgit
Reportedly, the extremist Sunni group burnt tyres and forced shopkeepers to close down their shops. Clashes erupted after unidentified people hurled a grenade at the protesting Sunnis.
“No one will be allowed to derail the peaceful environment in Gilgit-Baltistan.”
E.Pa'astan, Balochistan, Sindh, Seraiki, Frontier, and now Gilgit/Baltistan.
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

anupmisra wrote:
“No one will be allowed to derail the peaceful environment in Gilgit-Baltistan.”
E.Pa'astan, Balochistan, Sindh, Seraiki, Frontier, and now Gilgit/Baltistan.
Pakistan will break into more pieces than SU
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Sectarian violence aftermath: Section 144 imposed in Skardu
40 motorcyclists intercepted the vehicles with the passengers on board. Reportedly, the locals also supported the assailants, who started hurling stones at the passengers. In order to save their lives, the passengers got off the vehicles are started running for their lives. They were then beaten by the assailants. Later, nine passengers were killed, while four jumped into a nearby river.
AoA!
member_22872
BRFite

Post by member_22872 »

Altair garu, I am skeptical about it, we all had fantasies about it breaking when IEDs were going everywhere in TSP, now these violence reports, all these are fine but I still think the critical mass hasn't reached for the breaking to happen. I somehow think the violence and dissatisfaction among aam abduls has to be incessant. Few rallies and few bomb blasts aren't enough. All can be brushed under the carpet by the aam abduls resigning their fate to allah. It has to pick momentum and has to be on a larger scale and everywhere on daily basis. These intermittent attacks and rallies only show there is discontent and a feel that they want want out of TSP. I think will drag on but will never see the breaking of TSP.
ShauryaT
BRF Oldie

Post by ShauryaT »

abhishek_sharma wrote:
Altair wrote:Morning blues only but Now that HS has a bounty, can Brahmos take out Muridke and claim USD 10m? Dr.Sivathanu Pillai can claim it to be a test misfire onlee no?
It is against our values.
A perfect example on why scientists (even good intentioned ones) are not necessarily "security" experts. Let him just do, what he does best. Deliver these weapons and give it to the forces. India will be indebted to him for his service.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Altair wrote: Pakistan will break into more pieces than SU
Another question that crops up in my mind frequently is the extent to which "Pakistan" can be considered "one unified country" as opposed to fragments. The reason for asking this question is because "dealing with Pakistan" means different things if you are dealing with a representative of a fragment as opposed to a representative of the "whole". Of course this question has been asked many times before by many people but I always seem to gain new insights by re-looking at the issue every now and again. The problem is akin to the issue that the US faces wrt to the "Taliban" who are called by obne name but are hardly a unified whole but for India the issue is bigger and older. The Taliban question is only one minor subset of the same question applied to Pakistan.

The reason why the question is difficult to answer is because Pakistan shows both types of behavior. It seems to show "unity" in some areas, and disunity and fragmentation over larger areas. The idea of Pakistan was originally to "appropriate" Islam and solidify "Pakistan" around islam. Book after book that I am reading tell me that even this was not Jinnah's exact intent. But Jinnah's exact intent seems to have been unclear from the start. "Pakistan" was a land created by a Brit (Radcliffe) on a map and the exact lines of that map were not revealed until days after 15th August 1947. It seems that Pakistan was grabbed by a lot of people and pulled in various ways. Unity was forced by a Punjabi dominated army that utilised hatred for India and memories of the bloodshed of partition. But after 1971 that unity required additional glue because islam, which had been taken for granted, did not stop Bangladesh from seceding. So "Islam as glue" has been applied in thicker and more gooey doses all over Pakistan since 1973 in particular. US support and Saudi funding in the cold war certainly aided the application of this Islamic glue but what we now have in Pakistan is a state that had no specific uniting factors, almost no intrinsic ability to thrive independently as a nation state in terms of natural resources or industry, but being held together by an Army which itself is holding together by means of a thick Sunni Wahhabandi Islamic glue. Wherever Pakistan is "touched" the reaction is that Islam is being touched. Pakistan is now wearing a burqa called Islam. You touch Pakistan and the cry is "islam is being raped. Our prophet is being insulted"

So whatever the initial fragments of Pakistan might have been, all the fragments are now liberally covered with an Islamic glue. "islamic glue" is a separate study in itself and is worth re-visiting while taking about Pakistan. it is GIGO to try and refer to Pakistan as a "nation state" without also looking at Pakistan as an pretentious Islamic state. Pakistan shows both types of behaviour here. It sometimes behaves like a nation state and at other times like a Sunni Islamic sultanate. If you add this to the fact that separate Pakistani ethnicities also rise up and register their presence in Pakistan we find that Pakistan has three types of behaviour that it displays from time to time and I believe it is worth understanding which behaviour is cropping up
  • Unified nation state
  • Fragmented ethnic states
  • Islamic sultanate
This list can be understood more easily by defining the "identities" of an individual Pakistani
  • I am Pakistani
  • I am Sindhi/Baluchi/Pakjabi/Pathan
  • I am a Muslim
"Pakistanis" are those people who found themselves inside or migrated into the boundaries drawn on the map by Cyril Radcliffe. That is the single best definition for "Pakistani"

All Pakistanis are not Sindhi. All Pakistanis are not Muslim either, but non Muslims have been decimated. This is where a study of the "internal social behavior of Islamic communities" makes a useful contribution. Internal fissures like Shia-Sunni, Sunni-Ahmedi, Barelvi-Deobandi all have an impact in Pakistan. Even so "Pakistani==Muslim" is the closest one can get to unification in Pakistan. This idea has clearly not escaped the attention of "Pakistanists" who hold a vision for a United Pakistan. That is why Pakistanis wear Islam on their shoulders and have it stamped on their foreheads.

But you can be Muslim and Sindhi, Muslim and Baluchi too. You need not be Muslim and Pakistani. Ethnic identities go against the concept of a unified Pakistan. Ethnic identities can more easily be accommodated in a democratic state, but a democratic state goes against Islam. You cannot be seriously democratic and implement Sharia at the same time. One of them has to be a farce. Encouraging democracy in Pakistan demands the suppression of Sharia and other hallmarks of an Islamic state. For Pakistan that means an internal fight between Islamic zealots and the dilute Islam democrats. The army is crucial. The side that the army joins will always trump the other side. The Pakistan army has always joined the mad houriphilic Islamic zealots. The US has always supported the Pakistan army so far.

This is where Pakistan is at the moment.
brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Post by brihaspati »

For all those wondering at possibility of another 26/11 while so-called normalization and trade etc talks are going on - should note the reality of the India -Pakistan dynamics as played out by our ruling regimes. More of 26/11 means greater support for all the deafening voices from our civil society, political rulers, security experts, media, social activists - and all our "tradists" - jumping up and down demanding more concessions and "trust building measures" and no-retaliation which would instantly jeopardize international monetary flows and hence that ubiquitous prosperity that aam Indian is floating on by not retaliating on Pakistan.

So more 26/11 would translate to more bargaining points for Pak - given our tradists hold on Indian group-think.

I did suggest people to research on their own - the trade-conflict literature, and see that in terms of causality there is a slight positive correlation between increasing trade and war between India and pakis. Prior increase in trade seem to be followed by increased conflict and war.
Last edited by brihaspati on 04 Apr 2012 20:22, edited 1 time in total.
brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Post by brihaspati »

This is a consistent campaign by certain non-Muslim propagandists that internal fissures within Islamism reflect divergence of views as regards common interests where externalities are concerned. This is done by propagandists to divert attention of others from the fact that the common genocidic trend inside that entire theology has certain common agreements - where it concerns external and the non-Muslim.

Some of the strongest jihadi mentalities shown in the initial days [late 40's] about J&K was by assorted groups of shias and Ahmedyas. People try to provide the apologetics that they did so in order to prove themselves loyal to Paki regime in power - but then they do not analyze why this common jihadi activity against non-Muslims was the onlee way to show and prove their loyalty! When people choose actions and sides on ground in common with their supposed opponents- they do so along commonalities because they know what exactly would be common with their factional enemies, and allow mutual acceptance of such commonalities.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

brihaspati wrote: Some of the strongest jihadi mentalities shown in the initial days [late 40's] about J&K was by assorted groups of shias and Ahmedyas.
One things that is rarely analysed by anyone at all is the question of whether the "Pakistan" that people demanded was the Pakistan they actually got.

For us, as Indians it is convenient to hold the viewpoint that the "Pakistanists" got exactly what they wanted. But for an honest appraisal of who feels what in Pakistan, I think one has to ask what sort of Pakistan was expected, versus what sort of Pakistan was actually created.

Like I said earlier - this business of "Pakistan" was a demand in the 1940s but no one actually knew what it was going to be. Reading what people might have imagined in those days suggests to me that some sort of Islamic utopia was anticipated in keeping with a common public picture presented by Muslims that Islam and an Islamic state are nothing but bliss and glory. The real Pakistan that got created was, from most accounts, a total surprise. And Pakistanis today are children of that "shocked by what we got" state.

One interesting source I am currently reading quotes Jinnah as having been surprised and hurt not only by the moth eaten Pakistan he got, but by the fact that he expected India to call itself "Bharat" and give up the name India. And not doing that ended up being a grouse. That explains why Pakis on the internet get their chaddis in such a big twist about the name India.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

^^^^^
This grouse of India naming herself as India has existed for quite some time. one gent wrote an article that since most of Indus flows through Pakistan, they should be called India!!

Many others have identified the problem with Pakistan correctly (lack of national identity- the only thing they know about themselves is "we are not India") and have tried to push the narrative that India as we know today has continuously changed and evolved. first there was the mohenjo dark civilization then came various Kushan kings and then came the Hindu kings and then Buddhists and fast forward everyone got civilized due to Islam and converting was just the latest step of evolution India went through and ergo Pakistan is in fact India - albeit a much evolved one. the people who propound this can be spotted by their argument that SDREs pray in small dark places and didn't have candles till they were taught to pray in magnificent large spaces and the technology to make candles.

This theory is all fine and good except that the pakis deny history and want to be central Asian Arabs rather than converted people. Also they have a tendency to believe history stared with bin qasim and a tendency to blow up Buddha statues and such.

The India being India khujli is a fascinating thing with many piskology aspects of it.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

brihaspati wrote:This is a consistent campaign by certain non-Muslim propagandists that internal fissures within Islamism reflect divergence of views as regards common interests where externalities are concerned.
Brihaspati who are these propagandists? I would like to see their writing because I have not come across anyone who tries to support what you claim is being done i.e
internal fissures within Islamism reflect divergence of views as regards common interests where externalities are concerned
There are two different things in that sentence. One is "internal fissures" and the other is "externalities". You are combining those two here and connecting the two up and saying that this connection is made by "certain non-Muslim propagandists". Who are these propagandists? I would appreciate a link to some of their writings. Maybe you need to explain the word "externalities" which is vague enough to mean anything.

There are internal fissures in Muslim societies, but those internal fissures never affect common interests with regard to externalities. Whenever there are externalities, the internal fissures are all sealed. Those internal fissures open only in the absence of all externalities. Externalities invariably aid and abet the "sealing" of internal fissures in Muslim societies.

if you were to say that "There are no internal fissures in islamic societies. Period." I would question that. As long as there is an external enemy to attack, all internal fissures in Islam are sealed. Islam needs enemies to thrive. If easily accessible enemies do not exist, internal fissures show up.

The only non Muslims who come close to being propagandists who talk of internal fissures in islam are those who ask why Muslims do not protest at abundant Muslim upon Muslim violence but enthusiastically protest when Muslims are seen as having been wronged by non Muslims. Surely you are not accusing these people of propagandists who are saying that Islamic fissures exist despite externalities?
member_22872
BRFite

Post by member_22872 »

Shiv garu, as usual well explained. So Islam is the glue, the unifying factor. and Islam also decrees, "hey aam abdul you are destined to be poor, you are destined to be subjugated and raped by RAPE so deal with it as ordained by allah the merciful" that also means even if the fissures are already there because of diverse ethnicities and common problems, aam abduls intial reaction would be to bear in silence, this will only increase the life span of TSP. Because every time there is danger to Pakistan as a nation, Islam and allah bring them back in, under one nation state, all wounds are forgotten and forgiven. So it will only keep TSP alive longer, no respite to us.
member_22872
BRFite

Post by member_22872 »

I met some Bangladeshis, one person I talked to, had lost his relatives in 1971 genocide, but he bore no ill will towards his brothers on the other side. May be this is islam the unifying force in action, which can forgive and forget any wound in the name of allah.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Demonstration of the IEDology of Pakistan in Jamrud:

Six passengers killed, three injured in Jamrud blast
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

venug wrote:I met some Bangladeshis, one person I talked to, had lost his relatives in 1971 genocide, but he bore no ill will towards his brothers on the other side. May be this is islam the unifying force in action, which can forgive and forget any wound in the name of allah.
Relatives of victims of 26/11 said Kasab should be pardoned. People who spent many many days in IC814 expressed sympathy for the hijackers. These are truly magnificent achievements of the unifying idealogy of Hinduism!!

Sarve Janaha Sukhino Bhavantu!!
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

shiv wrote:
brihaspati wrote: Some of the strongest jihadi mentalities shown in the initial days [late 40's] about J&K was by assorted groups of shias and Ahmedyas.
One things that is rarely analysed by anyone at all is the question of whether the "Pakistan" that people demanded was the Pakistan they actually got.
Who is 'they' saar? IMHO, each febrile wannabe porki had his own orGASmic vision of what Pak was gonna be like - Djinnah downwards.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

shiv wrote:Brihaspati who are these propagandists? I would like to see their writing because I have not come across anyone who tries to support what you claim is being done i.e
internal fissures within Islamism reflect divergence of views as regards common interests where externalities are concerned
shiv avaare, i've seen one too many (f)articles in the western press (and their offshoots in India) condescending to cure our myth that "islam is a monolith" or that "Muslims in Pak is a homogeneous bunch" or that "muslims agitate/vote/etc. en bloc" etc. Bji has a point that intra-muslim diversity and green-on-green foreplay is irreelevant where we kuffr are concerned. All that matters is whether the greens continue to display intra-umma differences when faced with dirty kuffr or not. Sorry, no links at hand, presently, for said articles only.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

Anybody who did not want to be Indian and not inside India is a Pakistani. It is that simple.
It is a state of the mind.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

And, the chutzpah continues. Pakistan wants global access to nuclear, military technology
South Asian Strategic Stability Institute (SASSI) Director General Dr. Maria Sultan has said that Pakistan wants global access to nuclear and military technology and a standardise criteria based approach for access to nuclear energy and a regional arms control agreement.
She stated this while addressing ‘Pak -Russia Nuclear Dialogue’
Dr. Samar Mubarakmand, the member of Science and Technology, Planning Commission of Pakistan, in the dialogue said Pakistan’s experience in the nuclear power programme provides the promising environment to further develop nuclear power generation capacity.
Pakis lose no opportunity to bring up their "god-given right" to access to nuclear and military technology even when the subject matter under discussion is different. They have to fight the terrorists, you know. After all they have sacrificed 35 million innocent (and brave) pakis.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

shiv wrote:
One interesting source I am currently reading quotes Jinnah as having been surprised and hurt not only by the moth eaten Pakistan he got, but by the fact that he expected India to call itself "Bharat" and give up the name India. And not doing that ended up being a grouse. That explains why Pakis on the internet get their chaddis in such a big twist about the name India.
J was promised by somebody that this is how it will happen. Churchill said UK wanted a small India and rest of the area will be independent states. Dinia strategy was also based on an assumption that India will be multiple states and no India. Hence Dinia. It is very simple from their logic and their observation of the non-muslims of the country. The non-believers are anyway fighting and cannot be trusted.
member_22872
BRFite

Post by member_22872 »

Anujan ji, I understand what you are saying, As you point out there certainly can be pardoning people and people who can harbour no evil towards others inspite of hardships they face in all religions. But IC814 example to me seems a case of Stockholm syndrome though.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted.

Women belonging to the minority Shia sect of Mohammaddenism protest the persecution meted out by their Sunni co-religionists in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan:

Pakistan's Hazara Women Fight Killings With Bangles
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

shiv wrote: But Jinnah's exact intent seems to have been unclear from the start.
We can understand Jinnah;s exact intent once we understand the British intent in 1947.
One of the intent was by splitting a large nation with the biggest population it was to create ripples and huge forces which would tear the region for a long time. Pakistan was supposed to be the only stable state in the region.
surinder
BRFite

Post by surinder »

shiv wrote: .. but by the fact that he expected India to call itself "Bharat" and give up the name India. And not doing that ended up being a grouse.

Shiv, is that true?
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

It is true. Partly might be due to pisko reasons, partly due to pragmatic reasons.

India getting the name "India" meant that the "India" which was a founding member of the UN automatically was a member of the UN and Pakis had to apply for membership. There were many other treaty implications like this. And the Pakis felt they were missing out.

The pisko reasons was ofcourse that the pure had conquered and ruled India for 8000 years, the British got it from them, and when they were leaving they did two great wrongs: They didnt give it back to them and instead people wanted "democracy" with no "rightful" power sharing (read, all strings held by the pure) and they didnt recognize the pure's dominion over "India" (which was estabilished over 8000 years) and instead recognized only their dominion over "moth eaten" Pakistan. All of which meant "islam khatre mein hai"
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

anupmisra wrote:Violence grips GB; army called in

[E.Pa'astan, Balochistan, Sindh, Seraiki, Frontier, and now Gilgit/Baltistan.
Snakes, Scorpions, Jellyfishes,Spiders and stone Snail
Life taking poison to all they Hail.
To Deal with them on Paki Scale ,
Qauarantine them for Humanity sake.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

ReDiff slide show on

OBL's life in TSP
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

If Pakis are freely admitting that OBL lived in 5 safe houses (including ones in Peshawar) and fathered 2 children in Government hospitals, what are they hiding?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Omar?
Nandu
BRF Oldie

Post by Nandu »

Anujan, they are hiding official involvement in hiding him, still blaming non-state actors.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Somehow reminds me of AQ Khan episode. One bad guy is identified and he admits to loading all centrifuges himself into military transport and flying it himself to NoKo and returning the aircraft before people woke up the next morning. Nobody talks of the TSPA/ISI/Politician nexus (BB has the distinction of visiting NoKo) in this.

KSM case is coming up for hearing in US. Wonder what beans he is going to spill. Remember that he was caught in a JI safehouse. His nephew or fourth cousin or whoever, Ramzi bin al-Shibh was caught in a LeT/ISI safehouse. If AlQ No 3 is getting such royal treatment from JI/ISI/LeT imagine what AlQ no 1 was getting from these people.

Wonder if some convenient scapegoat is going to be identified in Pakiland (Professor Saheb?) who was single-handedly responsible in hiding OBL in many safe houses without TSPA/ISI/Politician nexus. Professor Saheb might even be pardoned if he goes on national TV and admits his crime.

Everything will be back to normal again.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

So Hafiz Suar is now the latest AQK!
All the sins of nuke prolif were clothed on AQK

Similarly all the terrorist activity will be put on Hafiz Suar and he might get droned or he might make a tearful speech on pak TV and hide.

Very good guess.

Also not it was uncle chatterati that fingered AQK as the sole proliferator.

Same way by announcing the bounty HS is being elevated.
Rohit_K
BRFite

Post by Rohit_K »

Folks, sorry for OT post but some cretin placed the Paki flag on Connaught Place on Panoramio. These will appear on Google Earth as well. Please flag them (bottom right of the page) so that they will be removed.

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/69499541
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/69498866
a_kumar
BRFite

Post by a_kumar »

venug wrote:Rangudu garu,
But why now? what is TSPA going to gain from another 26/11? to derail TSP-India trade and MFN status? they know they are under scanner for what ever that entails. TSP/US relationship is all time low, can they afford another 26/11 and be subjected to US wrath?

already NATO route is not open still so any action of this kind will anger US. It is not going to help TSP's case, unless the plan is another brain dead plan from the generals like always?
If we follow the khan-eyeyeseye tango, one thing that becomes obvious is there isn't much khan can do about it, considering their dependence. So all the bolded parts are our wet dreams!

As to meat of your assertion that there is no upside to doing a 2611, another way to read it is, there is no downside either for eyeyeseye to not do it, especially since it shall be carried out by non-state actors.

Also, honestly "how worse can it get?" and what else can khan or Desh do about it? Neither has much leverage over eyeyeseye (no more protection money under the name of war on terror from khan). There is leverage on the feudal lords (civilian aid or trade), but that is not a carrot khan or desh would want to take away.

2611 was not the first time such attack happened, the only reason it is still making them uncomfortable is because kasai got caught alive and cell phone taps reduced room for deniability. The "strategically brilliant" may now believe that if it wasn't for kasai getting caught alive and phone taps, they would have gotten away with it just like they did all the previous times including Samjauta. So once they plug these these two holes, they might feel untoucable again, and will be business as usual.

And if it doesn't go according to plan, war talk can only unite the country, remember?

Ergo... business as usual to the fountainhead of terror.

Lastly, one has to appreciate that the equilibrium state for the appartus is a continuous state of schemeing and executing destruction of their nemesis. It is a normal for them. So, they don't need any incentive to carry this agenda. Its the other way, they need a lot of incentive or punishment or distraction to keep them out of equilibrium.
brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Post by brihaspati »

shiv wrote:
brihaspati wrote:This is a consistent campaign by certain non-Muslim propagandists that internal fissures within Islamism reflect divergence of views as regards common interests where externalities are concerned.
Brihaspati who are these propagandists? I would like to see their writing because I have not come across anyone who tries to support what you claim is being done i.e
There are two different things in that sentence. One is "internal fissures" and the other is "externalities". You are combining those two here and connecting the two up and saying that this connection is made by "certain non-Muslim propagandists". Who are these propagandists? I would appreciate a link to some of their writings. Maybe you need to explain the word "externalities" which is vague enough to mean anything.

There are internal fissures in Muslim societies, but those internal fissures never affect common interests with regard to externalities. Whenever there are externalities, the internal fissures are all sealed. Those internal fissures open only in the absence of all externalities. Externalities invariably aid and abet the "sealing" of internal fissures in Muslim societies.

if you were to say that "There are no internal fissures in islamic societies. Period." I would question that. As long as there is an external enemy to attack, all internal fissures in Islam are sealed. Islam needs enemies to thrive. If easily accessible enemies do not exist, internal fissures show up.

The only non Muslims who come close to being propagandists who talk of internal fissures in islam are those who ask why Muslims do not protest at abundant Muslim upon Muslim violence but enthusiastically protest when Muslims are seen as having been wronged by non Muslims. Surely you are not accusing these people of propagandists who are saying that Islamic fissures exist despite externalities?
Off the cuff, look at the peculiar example of Ranjit Sau in EPW, 2001.
"On the Kashmir question: Liberation, Jihad, or What? EPW, vol 36, no. 17, 2001. pp 1473-1479.

Sau discusses internal fissures - again most interestingly involving one Prof. Hafeez Saeed of the time at a place called Muridke, [the so-called Markaz thesis] - dragging up everything from the fissures over role and definition of state, economy, ummah, monotheism, kaffir, Brahmanism, shudra/dalit etc. He proposes that there were also "universalist" and "inclusive" positions within Islamism that stood on opposite positions to the Markazi, and which is common to the core of "Hinduism". Thus he represents Islam and islamism, as having internal fissures over externalities like the question of kaffir, Brahmanism, etc - in which one or more universalist position overlap or coincide with similar "fissur-ial" positions within Hinduism.
a_kumar
BRFite

Post by a_kumar »

From B. Raman's blog.
2.In the case of Zawahiri and Omar, the announcement says :" Wanted Zawahiri" and "Wanted: Omar". That means the reward is for anyone who will help in locating them and assist in their capture or elimination.

3.In the case of Sayeed, the announcement says:"Wanted information leading to the arrest and conviction of Sayeed." The reward has been announced in continuation of a Red Corner Notice issued by India through the Interpol for his arrest for prosecution in connection with the 26/11 terrorist strikes in Mumbai.
The terms/phrases "bounty on Zawahiri" or "dronacharya's" should be avoided. No threat to his head!

If somebody helps with information leading to his arrest, who is going to arrest him? Khan?
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.c ... luence.php
No Strings Attached’: Man Claims Secret $3.5M From Pakistani Spy Agency Had No Influence
( Same as his many Indian contacts)

Fai claims that he concealed his connections to the ISI because revealing them would have undermined ‘his credibility with his constituents and particularly with the government of India and the indigenous Kashmiri resistance’,” federal prosecutors wrote in a sentencing memorandum. “To the contrary, revealing his ISI connection would not have undermined his credibility with the Government of India because he had no credibility with the Government of India; the Indian Government understood that Fai was an agent of Pakistan. Further, revealing his ISI connection would not have undermined his credibility with the ‘indigenous Kashmiri resistance,’ because - - just like the KAC - - the ‘indigenous Kashmiri resistance’ to which Fai refers (in particular, Syed Salahuddin and the Hizbul Mujahideen organization) were financially and logistically supported by ISI from the start anyway.”
ISI’s relationship with Fai was a lot closer than Fai let on even after he pleaded guilty, according to the government. They said Fai entered into contracts with ISI’s approval (and was “reprimanded by his ISI handler when he failed to get such approval in advance”), reported on his activities, submitted his budgets for approval and chose topics for conferences that ISI told him to choose. ISI, the feds said, “held veto power over the people that Fai invited to the KAC conferences.” The government said Fai’s biggest fear was losing credibility from the U.S. government because of his ISI connection.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Pakistan asks for evidence to pursue Hafiz Saeed :shock:
http://www.dawn.com/2012/04/04/pakistan ... saeed.html
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan said on Wednesday it wanted concrete evidence to proceed legally against the founder of a militant group who has been hit with a $10 million US bounty.Foreign ministry spokesman Abdul Basit said Islamabad would rather be presented with evidence about Hafiz Saeed than have a public discussion on the matter.“In a democratic country like Pakistan, where judiciary is independent, evidence against anyone must withstand judicial scrutiny,” the spokesman added in a statement.The reward for Saeed, the founder of the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) terror group blamed for the 2008 Mumbai attacks, was announced by US Undersecretary of State Wendy Sherman in India on Monday.
( Blasphemy, Pakistan is Islamic country where Sauvereignty belongs to Allah )
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/a ... 281701.ece
Headline: Zardari coming on ‘private visit for religious reasons'
Body: Accompanied by a 40-member delegation of family members, senior officials, Interior Minister Rehman Malik and the media, Mr. Zardari's first stop will be here for political discussions with an Indian entourage headed by Dr. Singh.

Good that it wasnt a summit talk. There would be a 4000 member delegation.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

Anujan wrote:http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/a ... 281701.ece
Headline: Zardari coming on ‘private visit for religious reasons'
Body: Accompanied by a 40-member delegation of family members, senior officials, Interior Minister Rehman Malik and the media, Mr. Zardari's first stop will be here for political discussions with an Indian entourage headed by Dr. Singh.

Good that it wasnt a summit talk. There would be a 4000 member delegation.
Since everybody is leaking in South Asia, I would really like someone to leak the meeting minutes of an India-Pak meeting. I am really curious as to what they keep discussing every now and then.