Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): 29 March 2012

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
surinder
BRFite

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): 29 March 2

Post by surinder »

Why do only "former" secretaries write such lucid policy statements?
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

SBajwa wrote:The bollywood language is "Hindi" while UP has the languages which are Awadhi, Kannauji, Bhojpuri, Braj Bhasha, Bundeli, Bagheli and Khari Boli. The languages of Bihar are Maghai, Mathaili and Bhojpuri.
Slight correction. Bollywood today is part "bombaiyya Hinglish (the tension kaye ko mat le), part Dilli-panju (the han jee and mainnu-tussi brigade)". Hindustani (Hindi+Urdu) was the language spoken back in the forties, fifties and sixties until the Bachchan clan used the words "apun ko". In UP, you are correct about the various dialects but even there the middle and upper classes have started to deviate from the dialects as a sign of "being educated". My relatives in Kanpur, Lucknow and Allahabad are manifest of this change.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

cousin marriages were also one of the reasons for the short stature of Pakistanis
The article does not say what the new average height is. Anyway, someone should post it on PakiDeaf&Dumb forums. If I remember, there was a similar article recently that said that the average height of Indians has gone up. Can anyone find that article? That will be a "in your face" coup over the pakis.
Last edited by anupmisra on 07 May 2012 23:17, edited 2 times in total.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

surinder wrote:Why do only "former" secretaries write such lucid policy statements?
Former secretaries are no longer under the yoke and dictate of benign leaderships.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Found that article on increase in Indians' height. Indian children walking tall: Study shows teenagers are 2 inches taller than in 1992.

Muuuaaahahahahahaha!!!
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

arun wrote:Our former foreign secretary Kanwal Sibal writes:

[url=http://wwwww.dailyWail.co.uk/indiahome/ ... z1uCndLa9H]Daily Wail url]
Arunji,
Blease to distort the links of Daily Wail in these forums.
There is a reason the Beeb , Daily Wail ,Al Guardian etc have builtup prominent India specific sections to their online editions (and corresponding level of peronnel -on pay -on the ground) tasked with generating regular gutter inspection reports .
Lets not help them in this.
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

surinder wrote:Why do only "former" secretaries write such lucid policy statements?
Kanwal Sibal has been pretty consistent with his message throughout. I would guess that he would have made similar analysis in service too. If I remember right, he was an ex-ambassador to Russia, and he was Foreign Secretary during NDA regime.
Shankk
BRFite

Post by Shankk »

arun wrote:Our former foreign secretary Kanwal Sibal writes:
Why must India make territorial concessions?
The notion that India as the bigger and stronger country has to be generous with Pakistan is egregious. …………………….
The argument itself is not wrong but the parameters to it are. Islam has such a big land spanning across continents with huge population and resources and the land where Islam is a formal state religion. Considering that Islam is a bigger and more powerful brother, it should concede to a smaller and weaker India. As an Aman ka gesture, all Pakistanis should migrate to their west to join their ideological brethren and the ones who they consider their real forefathers. This will allow weaker and coward Hindus to reclaim their lost civilization thus showing the world how Islam is a true religion of peace and ensuring the lasting bond between peace loving Muslims and short, dark Indians.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Height might be getting short but Heat is increasing
The power shortfall on Monday reached to 7,000 megawatt across the country as the power generation companies have reduced power production due to non supply of oil and gas by PEPSICO.According to Water and Power Ministry sources, PEPSICO had stopped supply of gas and oil to power generation companies due to which they have reduced production of electricity in the country.The ministry sources said that demand of electricity was 16,000MW while its supply was 9,000MW due to increasing heat in the country. The sources said that period of load shedding in the country could be raised. According to sources, the generation companies warned the government to stop production completely if dues were not paid within few days
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Beckoning war on water
Poaqdum always Crooked
India’s feverish pursuit of building dams on the rivers allocated to Pakistan under the Indus Waters Treaty (IWT) has received the attention of the International Crisis Group (ICG) whose objective is to evaluate the consequences of a developing situation for peace in the world and give early warnings of eruption of conflicts unless they are resolved well in time. The ICG rightly foresees the outbreak of war between the two countries if India resorts to stopping water from flowing into Pakistan, which according the IWT is its share, and that creates a dangerous situation for Pakistan. The ICG also draws attention to a report of last year released by the Foreign Relations Committee of the US Congress wherein it was stated that New Delhi was building three dams on Chenab and Sutlej. By virtue of these dams, the reports said, India would come into a position to divert water way from Pakistan right at the time it badly needed it for the crops, thus putting a question mark on the relevance of the IWT. The ICG’s foreboding or the US Congress’s apprehensions are not something that should come as a surprise to experts in the field or even the general public in Pakistan who are aware of the fact that the headwaters of these rivers fall in the Indian occupied part of the disputed state of Kashmir and are also familiar with the Indian designs against the existence of Pakistan. Thus, there has been a lot of hue and cry not only among the farming community that is directly affected, but also the people and the media. Only the political circles, the ruling coalition and to a large degree also the opposition, are turning a blind eye to New Delhi persistent manoeuvres to hold Pakistan by its jugular vein when it deems fit to do so.
That is why the resolution of the Kashmir dispute on the basis of a free and fair plebiscite conducted under the auspices of the UN, as stipulated in the UN Security Council resolutions, assumes top priority. All other attempts at normalising Pak-India relations to create a conducive climate to discuss this issue would prove counterproductive. Once relations become normal, India that is at present sidetracking the dispute would be feel little compulsion to address it. Islamabad’s unfortunate steps like the granting of Most Favoured Nation status, which constitutes a big leap into extending concessions to New Delhi at the cost of our economy, would make the Kashmir tangle all the more intractable. Kashmir is not just about water, though it is of existential importance for Pakistan; there is the most dehumanising question of Kashmiris’ bondage entailing untold suffering and loss of life, which has gone on for more than six decades without the international community doing enough to compel New Delhi to settle it in line with its own commitments. India as well as its sympathisers in Pakistan must bear in mind that without Kashmir resolved, neither would there be end to the Kashmiris’ struggle for freedom, nor real understanding between Pakistan and India that could guarantee durdurable peace in the subcontinent.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-news- ... ed-nations
Kashmir and the United Nations
Excerpts from the Governor General of India’s letter of October 27, 1947, to the Maharaja of Kashmir make an interesting read: “Your Highness’s letter dated October 26 has been delivered to me by Mr V.P. Menon. In the special circumstances mentioned by Your Highness, my government has decided to accept the accession of Kashmir to the Dominion of India. Consistently with their policy that, in case of any state where the issue of accession has been the subject of dispute, the question of accession should be decided in accordance with the wishes of the people of the state, it is my government’s wish that, as soon as the law and order has been restored in Kashmir and her soil cleared of the invader, the question of the state’s accession should be settled by a reference to the people. “Meanwhile, in response to Your Highness’s appeal for military aid, action has been taken today to send troops of Indian army to Kashmir to help your own forces to defend your territory and to protect the lives, property and honour of your people.......” Notwithstanding the credible research that these two letters were written after the Indian army had physically entered Kashmir and that the Maharaja had declined to sign the letter attributed to him, it remains a well documented fact that the Governor General’s acceptance of accession of Kashmir was temporary and tied down to the final settlement through ascertainment of the will of the people.It is in this context that remarks by the UN Secretary General (UNSG), Ban Ki-moon, about the Kashmir dispute - during his recent visit to India - were appreciated by almost everyone. While urging for an amicable settlement of the Kashmir dispute, he emphasised that the “will of Kashmiris must be respected while finding any solution.” Ban said: “I hope this issue (Kashmir) is addressed peacefully without violence and respecting wills of the people there.......fully respecting the human rights sentiments there.” Commenting on the efforts to boost bilateral relations by Pakistan and India, he opined: “I am pleased with the continued efforts to improve the relations between India and Pakistan. This has a broader significance for the region and for global peace. I realise there are many outstanding issues, but I encourage leaders of both the countries to persist with these efforts.”
( Mr Ikball, What were Paki doing there, Looking for grooms for their mothers or searching for lost Abbus )
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

The Complexion Obsession
One of my very dear friends, who also happens to be a PhD student at Oxford University, was very recently called to Pakistan by her parents to meet a suitor. Despite constant refusal from her side to meet ‘the man of her dreams’, she had to succumb to the immense pressure, not to forget the emotional blackmailing tactics, deployed by her mother.However, the said eligible bachelor was later on termed as a superficial man amongst many other phrases that I am not at liberty to pen down, for rejecting my friend because she wasn’t fair skinned ‘enough’.Dr Faisal Mamsa, a renowned psychiatrist shared his views on the predicaments faced by many girls and said, “The problem is no matter how educated we all are, we generally prefer to marry off our daughters and sisters before they turn 25 and once a girl turns 30 we demarcate her as a ‘lost cause’. I personally counsel brilliant girls who are not happy with the colour of their skin or eyes just because they were rejected by uneducated people who believe in superficial beauty. It is important to reassure girls that they are not a burden on their families regardless of how they look or how old they get.”
An MBA student from Karachi University, on condition of anonymity said, “I do not know how I can best put this into words but my mother prefers my sister over me because she is fairer. I might be the one who is gifted more intellectually but my sister’s coloured eyes and fair complexion overshadows any good traits I may have. I cannot begin to tell you how many families have rejected me on this basis and shared their opinions blatantly on how different I look from my younger sibling.”
Saddened by the intensity of her words, as a Pakistani woman myself I felt helpless. Women, who are generally considered no more than a herd of sheep in our society, are to be initially ‘shepherded’ by their immediate family and later by their husbands and in-laws.Are we as a nation shallow enough to consider outward appearance as the only form of beauty? Does a fair complexion serve as a lifetime guarantee to happiness and well-being? Whatever our definition of beauty is, is it enough to raise a wise, literate generation? We all know the answers. Then, why do we continue to marginalise dark complexioned women?
Last edited by Prem on 08 May 2012 04:13, edited 1 time in total.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Bigre Bugre Halaat Nazar Aate Hai, RAPE ko Taliban Ke Zazbaat Nazar aate Hai
Abolish visa regime even if India dithers, Nawaz tells Gilani
LAHORE: Former prime minister and Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) President Nawaz Sharif on Sunday called for unilaterally abolishing the visa regime between Pakistan and India immediately. Addressing an Indian delegation at his Raiwind residence on Sunday, Nawaz Sharif urged the Gilani government to step forward and take the initiative of abolishing the visa regime for facilitating the people of both countries so that people-to-people contact could accelerate the peace process.The PML-N leader had invited the Indian delegates to dinner for an interactive session with the top Indian businessmen, who arrived here to participate in the two-day "Second Aman Ki Asha Indo-Pak Economic Conference" being hosted jointly by the Jang Group of Newspapers and Times of India Group. The conference is due to commence from today (Monday).
Highlighting the importance of ending hostilities between the two neighbours, Nawaz Sharif asserted, "Pakistan should move ahead with the decision of abolishing the visa regime unilaterally even if India hesitates to reciprocate the initiative at this point in time. I believe India will be forced to follow suit once Pakistan breaks this barrier. In my opinion, this step can go miles in bringing these two nuclear powers closer.îHe expressed his belief that peace initiatives would entail great prospects for mutual prosperity, and urged the government to open up the trade policy as well as relax the rules wherever possible. He added it was high time for seeking a resolution of all bilateral issues: ìWe have assured the government of [our] complete support in this regard. However, it seems, the government is not doing enough.îGoing back in time, Mian Nawaz Sharif recalled the Lahore Declaration, which was a historic achievement of his government in 1999. He told the delegates just how anxious the former Indian Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee was for taking the peace initiative to its logical conclusion. He said that PM Vajpayee wanted 1999 to be remembered as the ìresolution year.î Mian Nawaz Sharif highlighted the significance of peace in the region, stressing the need for a hands-on approach for settling all outstanding disputes. ìI was and am keen to normalise relations between the two countries. I had taken bold steps during our 1997-1999 tenure despite severe opposition from various quarters. We didn't have the privilege of getting support from within the political community either,î he added.
Last edited by Prem on 08 May 2012 06:22, edited 1 time in total.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

More beheading by the more pious of the less pious

Taliban behead 13 Pak security personnel

http://www.samachar.com/Taliban-behead- ... gjfba.html
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Look at the gall of this loser. Only a shameless paki pig could say such thing.
If a Hindu or Christian was incarcerated in a Paki prison, leave alone finding a coreligionist, he would have been forcibly converted to Islam

Salman a lonely, depressed man in prison, says Asif

“There were very few Muslims in the prison and we both were first asked whether we could share the same room,” recalled Asif.

“We immediately agreed. Having a non-muslim room partner could have made life difficult for both me and Salman.”
Link
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Jhujar wrote:The Complexion Obsession
One of my very dear friends, who also happens to be a PhD student at Oxford University, was very recently called to Pakistan by her parents to meet a suitor. Despite constant refusal from her side to meet ‘the man of her dreams’, she had to succumb to the immense pressure, not to forget the emotional blackmailing tactics, deployed by her mother.However, the said eligible bachelor was later on termed as a superficial man amongst many other phrases that I am not at liberty to pen down, for rejecting my friend because she wasn’t fair skinned ‘enough’.Dr Faisal Mamsa, a renowned psychiatrist shared his views on the predicaments faced by many girls and said, “The problem is no matter how educated we all are, we generally prefer to marry off our daughters and sisters before they turn 25 and once a girl turns 30 we demarcate her as a ‘lost cause’. I personally counsel brilliant girls who are not happy with the colour of their skin or eyes just because they were rejected by uneducated people who believe in superficial beauty. It is important to reassure girls that they are not a burden on their families regardless of how they look or how old they get.”
An MBA student from Karachi University, on condition of anonymity said, “I do not know how I can best put this into words but my mother prefers my sister over me because she is fairer. I might be the one who is gifted more intellectually but my sister’s coloured eyes and fair complexion overshadows any good traits I may have. I cannot begin to tell you how many families have rejected me on this basis and shared their opinions blatantly on how different I look from my younger sibling.”
Saddened by the intensity of her words, as a Pakistani woman myself I felt helpless. Women, who are generally considered no more than a herd of sheep in our society, are to be initially ‘shepherded’ by their immediate family and later by their husbands and in-laws.Are we as a nation shallow enough to consider outward appearance as the only form of beauty? Does a fair complexion serve as a lifetime guarantee to happiness and well-being? Whatever our definition of beauty is, is it enough to raise a wise, literate generation? We all know the answers. Then, why do we continue to marginalise dark complexioned women?

White over black goes right back to Mohammad (Peace Be Upon Us).
Empires of the Indus
Alice Albinia
Pages 56-58

As Islam's reach into Africa deepened, and the number of slaves being exported
to Arabia increased, so did Arab racism about Africans. Some historians trace
this to the revolt by black slaves working in the mines and plantations of
Mesopotamia, 1n 883 CE. But in his last sermon the Prophet made the dubious
point that "no white has [priority] over a black except in righteousness" - and
perhaps it was this that licensed Arabs to export two million sub-Saharan slaves
between 900 and 100.

Like the Christian slave traders - who ransacked the Bible in search of passages
denigrating blacks - Islamic traders found justification in the "Hamitic
hypothesis" that Noah had cursed his son Ham to have black skinned descendants
who would forever be the servants of non-blacks. The Arabs also adopted the
racism of the places they conquered. The Zoroastrianism of Persia pitted light
against dark in a manner that easily mutated from the abstract to the
epidermal. ; pejorative categories such as "barbara" were enlisted from the
Greek ; and Arabic translations were made of the works of galen, the Roman
physician who wrote that black man had a "defective brain" . Important Muslim
thinkers such as Al Masudi and Avicenna seem to have taken his words seriously.
It is the sight of a black slave topping his fair queen which prompts King
Shahryar's uxoricide in the Thousand and One Nights - the juxtaposition between
black and white became the favourite aesthetic of Arabic literature.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Poq Poverty numbers revisited
http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-9 ... -revisited#
The team found that the number of people living below the poverty line has declined from 17.2 percent in 2007-08 to slightly above 12 percent in 2010-11. In other words, poverty in Pakistan declined by 5 percentage points or 7 million people were brought out of poverty in just three years. Given the economic conditions that have prevailed over the last three years, finding such a reduction in poverty flouts established economic theory.In defence of their estimate, the team has argued that poverty has declined due to higher support price of major crops, higher inflows of remittances, and impact of flood assistance. How childish is this defence? It is well-established empirically that the support price is highly inflationary. A 10 percent increase in support price of wheat leads to three percent increase in inflation. The IMF study also found that wheat support price is highly inflationary in the short-run. The poverty line must have been adjusted upward on the basis of cumulative inflation in three years which stood at 46.4 percent. Statistics aside, we saw 20 women and children dying in stampede in Karachi just for the sake of two kilogrammes of wheat being sold at subsidised rates. Mr Wolfgang Herbinger, Director World Food Programme in Pakistan, has argued that “Pakistan’s government has pushed food prices too high for an impoverished population’ and has ended up with “a country full with food but people [who] are too poor to buy it” (March 24, 2011).
How can support price benefit the poor? Professors A K Sen (a Nobel Laureate) and Jean Dreze have termed support price as “implicit mass murder” of the farmers and argued that it benefits only the large farmers, which happened to be only 12 percent in Pakistan.With regard to remittances, not every household counted in the survey receive remittances. In the 2007-08 survey, only less than 15 percent of the households received remittances including remittances from within and outside the country. Can this small number of recipients make such a huge difference in poverty?Budget deficit has averaged over six percent of the GDP during three years (2008-09 to 2010-11) and has been recorded at 6.6 percent during the survey year. Inflation and food inflation in particular have averaged 15.5 percent and 18.2 percent, respectively. Investment decelerated from 18.2 percent to 13.4 percent of the GDP. Economic growth accordingly slowed to an average of 2.6 percent per annum with agricultural growth averaging 1.9 percent (is this the outcome of higher support prices?) – even below the country’s population growth rate (2.1 percent). The real per capita income, accordingly, grew at an average rate of 0.5 percent per annum. As expected, unemployment increased during the period. In the backdrop of such statistics should a country expect such a sharp reduction in poverty? Is this outcome consistent with the economic theory, or the lessons of the IMF and other IFIs? If the answer is yes, then this is a remarkable achievement of the government and its economic team. In so doing, they must be writing a new theory of poverty alleviation.The team has invented a formula, which is painless and works wonders. Pursue fiscal indiscipline of the highest order, forget macroeconomic stability, bring economic growth to zero percent, and take inflation to over 100 percent, and poverty will be eliminated. Since there will be no poverty in Sub-Saharan Africa, the staff of the World Bank could be devoting time on fixing global imbalances. The IMF will be re-writing its conditionalities and will stop giving lectures on the importance of macroeconomic stability. Long live the new theory of poverty alleviation!
( Poaq Poverty numbers are close to 50% economically and 99.99% mentally)
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

This is a complete horror. The females in Pakistan are aiding and abetting in the rape of minorities

http://rinklecase.blogspot.in/

Brothers as I said yesterday (29th April 2012) I was going to reveal a horrifying secret. Our investigation has been ongoing since 2nd February 2012, I am presenting some to you so you may decide for yourself if this State is right for us or not?
According to our investigation through credible sources we have come to know that another Member National Assembly (MNA) and Federal Minister for Religious Affairs Khurdshid Shah and Myan Mithoo spoke on March 9th 2012. They schemed to disrupt the due process of the court. The Call was placed from Khurshid Shah’s mobile number (XXX_XXXXXXX) to Miyan Mithoo. Khurshid Shah also called to Inspector General Police (I.G.P.) Sind on April 9th 2012 and told come what may we have to do this and teach these “bannyaas” (derogatory term for hindus) a lesson so that they keep silent. He also called the head of the Allya Panah Shelter Home Ms. Majida Rizvi and the supervisor Iftikhar on April 4rth 2012 that this job had to done.
The Gate keeper of the Shelter Home and together with Supervisor Ifthikhar enabled Mian Mithoos son Naved Shah to sexually abuse Rinkle Kumari from April 10th 2012 to April 16th 2012 from 8 Pm to midnight each night. When Rinkle was taken to Islamabad she was raped on April 17th 2012 from 11.35 PM to 6 Am in the morning. When she was brought to the Supreme Court on April 18th 2012 she was drugged so she would not be able to communicate or record her testimony. Mian Mithoo’s son provided a typed document through the local police officer (the typed document stated that she accepted Islam of her free will). It begs the question where did the typed document come from? Against explicit orders of the Supreme Court Rinkle was drugged and threatened.
Brothers here is another dirty secret Supreme Court was also deceived. As per the orders of the Supreme Court (Rinkle, Aisha, Dr. lata) were sent to Registrar’s office to record their testimonies. When they got there Mian Mitthoo’s son and people from a Militant group were waiting for them. Their testimony was already prepared before they arrived. Just got thumb prints.
Our investigations are complete and will keep recording (details and evidences). This proves that the mothers and daughters or Hindus and the youth have been fooled from 24th February 2012 to 18th April 2012. Some people in the State including Khurshid Shah, Mian Mithoo, Registrar (Supreme Court) and Shelter Home employees have connived (in this atrocity). Today everyone should ask where are the champions of Human Rights? The NGO’s that get millions of dollars from the West.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

At least use different words when you lie suckers.
Allegation about Zawahiri mere conjecture: FO
http://dawn.com/2012/05/08/allegation-a ... ecture-fo/

2005:
He called it conjecture to say that Bin Laden might be in Pakistan
http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.as ... 005_pg10_3

I know how this will end. I am ready for it.

Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

http://dawn.com/2012/05/08/us-envoy-to- ... is-summer/
US envoy to Pakistan to depart this summer
WASHINGTON: The US ambassador to Islamabad, Cameron Munter, plans to step down this summer, and the Obama administration, hoping to improve dismal ties with Pakistan at a crucial time for its war in neighboring Afghanistan, is considering a senior official at its Kabul embassy to replace him.The White House is focusing on Richard Olson, who has orchestrated US development and economic activities in Afghanistan since June 2011, to succeed Munter when he departs in coming months, sources familiar with the discussions said.Olson would have to be formally proposed by the White House and confirmed by the Senate. The White House declined to comment on a personnel matter.Munter, who was sworn in as ambassador to Pakistan in October 2010, has served during a period of unprecedented turbulence and suspicion between the two countries, whose uneasy alliance since the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks has centered around the fight against militants operating from Pakistan.The series of bilateral crises in the past 18 months has included Pakistan’s arrest of a CIA contractor in early 2011; the top-secret US raid that killed Osama bin Laden just 50 km (30 miles) from Islamabad a few months later; and Pakistanis’ outcry over ongoing US drone strikes in western tribal areas.The event that plunged those ties into deep freeze was the US air assault in November 2011 that killed 24 Pakistani soldiers along Pakistan’s border with Afghanistan.For months afterwards, Pakistan refused visits by senior US officials; only in the last few weeks have visits resumed.Munter’s tenure has also coincided in a shift in US policy toward Pakistan, as hopes in the early days of the Obama administration for a more robust US-Pakistan engagement, including high-level visits and massive civil and military aid, have slowly been overtaken by mutual mistrust and frustration.Today, many officials in Washington appear to have resigned themselves to what they call a “transactional” relationship, limited largely to a degree of cooperation on counter-terrorism and some US military and civilian assistance.he expected nomination of Olson, who served as US ambassador to the United Arab Emirates until 2011, does not appear to represent a change to US policy toward Pakistan, but it could enable a fresh start after a dark period.
Sudip
BRFite

Post by Sudip »

Pak formally proposed Siachen pullback, says Antony
Pakistani president, Asif Zardari, had formally appealed to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for a mutual withdrawal of troops from the Siachen Glacier sector. Defence Minister, AK Antony says the request was made on April 8 in New Delhi, a day after an avalanche buried 129 Pakistani soldiers and 11 civilians at Gyari, the headquarters of a Pakistani battalion near Skardu in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (POK).
Roperia
BRFite

Post by Roperia »

Crosspost Highlights: SM Krishna-Hillary Clinton address joint presser
We look to govt of Pak to do more - needs to make sure its territory is not used as launching pad for terrorism including attacks within Pak
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Sudip wrote:Pak formally proposed Siachen pullback, says Antony
Pakistani president, Asif Zardari, had formally appealed to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for a mutual withdrawal of troops from the Siachen Glacier sector. Defence Minister, AK Antony says the request was made on April 8 in New Delhi, a day after an avalanche buried 129 Pakistani soldiers and 11 civilians at Gyari, the headquarters of a Pakistani battalion near Skardu in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (POK).
So Whenever in Miltarily weak position Pakis ask sue for ceasefire, like 71 they wanted a ceasefire rather than what was actually required a surrender.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Aditya_V wrote:So Whenever in Miltarily weak position Pakis ask sue for ceasefire, like 71 they wanted a ceasefire rather than what was actually required a surrender.
It shouldn't matter if pakis want to sue for ceasefire. Looks like babus want to have some limelight in rather ad-hoc manner. There is no war here.

This should not be made out as some sort of arrangement that looks like Indians were 'aggressors' etc. for later piskology, blame-game, troubles & excuses and so on. If pakis want to withdraw, it is the choice of pakis.

If pakis want to withdraw then this should not be piskologically twisted to make India pay for some assumed 'misdeeds' or to create drawbacks for Indians.

If pakis want to withdraw, why are people making song and dance about it in any incorrect manner. There could be better scenarios to avoid all piskologies later and not have the limelight in any ad-hoc manner. One could be to just be passive and let pakis withdraw anyway when winter arrives next and clouds deposit snow. In fact, we are already celebrating the times when Siachen was defended so why anyone needs to spend time and have limelight for anything extra?

Indians should not be made to look aggressors for 'cartographic aggressions', then later work to secure borders and then even for paki withdrawal. And who is aggressor here? Why are those who were involved in cartographic aggression not made to pay for this mess?
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

India should say that we welcome any movement by Pakistanis to withdraw and to cease their ongoing hostility towards India in that region.

Indians would however stay put on Indian land in Siachin.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

My understanding of North to the Glaciers from NJ9842 is actually a line North West..right to where the Westernmost Glaciers exist in the Northern Areas. There should not be any of these beautiful glacial regions in Paki hands first place. Travesty and insult to nature and beauty. IF the Paki's can consider North to imply NE, then why cannot we rightfully understand North to imply NW right to where all the glacial regions commence in J&K? We should contest Paki presence in any Glacier in any direction North of NJ9842 and lying within J&K. The LOC should be demarcated there and that point being discussed in all chai bicoot sessions.
ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ArmenT »

Pregnant British woman 'tried to smuggle £3m of heroin out of Pakistan
As it turns out, the name of this British woman is Khadija Shah and she was spending six weeks on holiday with relatives in Pakistan. The fun part is the amount that she tried to smuggle out.
"There are routine baggage checks for drugs," said a police officer based at the airport. "In the course of those, anti-narcotics officers found 123 packages of heroin in her luggage." The consignment was hidden in secret cavities in the luggage.
In all, the bags weighed 140 pounds – believed to be the biggest haul recovered at an airport in Pakistan.
Bear in mind that the weight of the drugs alone are over the baggage weight allowance for a single passenger on most major airlines. She must have been insane to even try this stunt.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

harbans wrote:My understanding of North to the Glaciers from NJ9842 is actually a line North West..right to where the Westernmost Glaciers exist in the Northern Areas. There should not be any of these beautiful glacial regions in Paki hands first place. Travesty and insult to nature and beauty. IF the Paki's can consider North to imply NE, then why cannot we rightfully understand North to imply NW right to where all the glacial regions commence in J&K? We should contest Paki presence in any Glacier in any direction North of NJ9842 and lying within J&K. The LOC should be demarcated there and that point being discussed in all chai bicoot sessions.
Ideally the LOC should be made redundant and international Border valid, after the Gligit Baltistan are rightfully united with India.
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

ArmenT wrote:Pregnant British woman 'tried to smuggle £3m of heroin out of Pakistan
As it turns out, the name of this British woman is Khadija Shah and she was spending six weeks on holiday with relatives in Pakistan. The fun part is the amount that she tried to smuggle out.
"There are routine baggage checks for drugs," said a police officer based at the airport. "In the course of those, anti-narcotics officers found 123 packages of heroin in her luggage." The consignment was hidden in secret cavities in the luggage.
In all, the bags weighed 140 pounds – believed to be the biggest haul recovered at an airport in Pakistan.
Bear in mind that the weight of the drugs alone are over the baggage weight allowance for a single passenger on most major airlines. She must have been insane to even try this stunt.
it was milk powder for the baby onlee. :roll:
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Pakistanis rank 4th on global intelligence survey
News Comments (93)
NNI Sunday, 1 Apr 2012 3:01 am | Comments (93)
^^ vintage paki intelligence in action.

meantime, back in Gotham...

LONDON - Pakistanis have been ranked the fourth most intelligent people across the world in a globally-held survey. “Pakistanis are equal to the people of developed and industrialised countries when it comes to intelligence,” the survey report said. The poll was organised by the Institute of European Business Administration in 125 countries. The survey quantifies various aspects of brilliance and intellectual work in the nations of the surveyed countries. “Pakistanis outshine in the field of intelligence despite a dearth of required resources and opportunities,” the poll inferred.
The case studies of Ali Moeen Nawazish, Arfa Karim and Moosa Firoz were also quoted to prove the mental aptitude of the Pakistanis. Ali secured 22 As in A-levels exams; Arfa Karim had earned title of the youngest Microsoft Certified Expert; and Moosa recently won the World Mathematics Championship.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

SIngha Saar is the link to article from forbidden areas hence not posted?
sudhan
BRFite

Post by sudhan »

^You can easily find the "article" through Google..

Seems to be a plug for this Institute for european blah blee bloo.. Sounds like a phoney degree seller/ Phishing site ..
Roperia
BRFite

Post by Roperia »

Pakistan militants vow holy war for Osama bin Laden
MIRANSHAH, Pakistan: Militants in Pakistan's North Waziristan on Tuesday distributed pamphlets pledging holy war to mark the first anniversary of the killing of Osama bin Laden, albeit a week late.

Masked militants armed with assault rifles handed out copies of the pamphlet from pick-up vehicles in Miranshah, the main town of the tribal district that has become known as Pakistan's premier Al-Qaeda and Taliban hub.

"Let us pledge today that we will continue our jihad (holy war) and sacrifice our lives and property in the way of Allah like Sheikh Osama did," it said, unsigned and dated May 2, the anniversary of the Al-Qaeda leader's killing by US troops.

"Today, a year since Sheikh Osama bin Laden embraced martyrdom, the enemy America is repenting. It is facing defeat and Pakistan's future is also bleak," it said.

The pamphlet distribution followed two days of rare fighting between troops and Islamist militants in Miranshah that killed 19 soldiers and civilians, officials said.

Gunbattles in North Waziristan are relatively rare because of an agreement between insurgents and the military not to attack each other.

Summer begins!
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Eight paedophiles originating from the Islamic Republic of Pakistan found guilty of grooming and passing round vulnerable white schoolgirls aged between 13 and 15 for sex after plying them with alcohol and drugs.
Nine Asian men guilty of grooming white schoolgirls for sex after plying them with vodka and drugs

• Five girls aged between 13 and 15 were shared by men in the Rochdale area
• Teenagers targeted because they were vulnerable and from broken homes
• Police said one victim was forced to have sex with 20 men in one night
• Gang used white girl, 15, known as 'The Honey Monster' to recruit victims
• Girls picked up where young people congregate, such as outside takeaways
• Attackers range in age from 22 to 59 - all are from Pakistan, apart from one from Afghanistan

By Graham Smith
UPDATED: 15:36 GMT, 8 May 2012

Nine Asian men were today found guilty of grooming and passing round vulnerable white schoolgirls aged between 13 and 15 for sex after plying them with alcohol and drugs.

Five girls were 'shared' by Kabeer Hassan, Abdul Aziz, Abdul Rauf, Mohammed Sajid, Adil Khan, Abdul Qayyum, Mohammed Amin, Hamid Safi and a 59-year-old man who cannot be named for legal reasons.

The ten-week trial was told that the men - who are all from Pakistan, apart from Safi who is from Afghanistan - groomed the teenage girls because they were vulnerable and from broken homes.

Today the leader of the Ramadhan Foundation that on-street grooming 'is a significant problem for the British Pakistani community'. …………….

Daily Mail
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

When will British press start calling things by right name. Why hide Paki malfeasance under the rubric of Asian malfeasance? Or is it racism to tar and feather all Asians with the Paki shite? Enoch Powell malady?
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

ramana - in the past the article would not have made any reference to pakistan at all, in the last few years, they have been switching from just asian to asian + pakistani, and some only pakistani. progress has been made.

a couple of years ago i was in a northern english town (with a large pakistani population) on a business trip. i stepped out for a walk in the late afternoon sunshine (rare in the northern towns!) and near the station i was approached by a pretty teenage blonde girl who said "salaam aleikum" and tried to start a conversation. it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that she was hoping as a brown male i'd be able to offer her some drugs or cash...
similarly pakistani taxi drivers in those parts sometimes (but not always) try to raise the jihad flag in conversation - they want to know if you're of the faith or not... and try to make a few provocative statements
you have to watch yourself...
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Aditya_V wrote:So Whenever in Miltarily weak position Pakis ask sue for ceasefire, like 71 they wanted a ceasefire rather than what was actually required a surrender.
Yes, it says so in the play-by-play rule book that the pakis swear by.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Recognition that those originating in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and following the Mohammadden religion are disproportionately represented in paedophiliac sex grooming activities in the UK.

Mohammed Shafiq, chief executive of the Ramadhan Foundation “a Manchester-based Muslim organisation”:
“There is a significant problem for the British Pakistani community, there is an over-representation amongst recent convictions in the crime of on-street grooming, there should be no silence in addressing the issue of race as this is central to the actions of these criminals.
"They think that white teenage girls are worthless and can be abused without a second thought; it is this sort of behaviour that is bringing shame on our community”
Huffigton Post:

Grooming Trial: Ramadhan Foundation Accuses Elders Of Ignoring Sexual Exploitation
Anurag
BRFite

Post by Anurag »

Not sure if this article in IDR by Bharat Verma was already posted, but a good read!

http://www.indiandefencereview.com/geop ... nters.html

If Pakistan splinters...
By Bharat Verma

If Pakistan splinters, it will hit the biggest stakeholder and benefactor China. In order to safeguard its strategic interests, Beijing therefore will make every endeavor to prevent the breakup of Pakistan, even to the extent of military intervention in support of the Pakistan Army.

The Chinese will suffer major setback, if dysfunctional Pakistan splinters in the near future.

Many Malaysian Muslims will hasten to tell you that their country should not be compared to Pakistan. Or the migrant Muslims in West Asia (Middle East) while introducing themselves take pains to assert that they are Muslims from India and not Pakistan.

The Union of India’s consolidation and integration as a nation will get a new fillip, as the distraction created by Pakistan in the name of religion is eliminated.

Serious contradictions within Pakistan have pushed it in the pit of despair from where; it is almost impossible to recover. It is reported that many young Pakistanis out of sheer frustration are repudiating Islam and converting to other religions.

Possibly, majority of the Pakistan’s dominant community, Punjabi Sunni Muslims living in their isolated world of self-destruction do not realize the damage they are doing to Islam.

Pakistan is appears to be hurtling towards self-destruction.

Beijing treats Pakistan as an extension of its war machine and a surrogate colony. The likely breakup of Pakistan in the near future will stall expanding Chinese footprints.

Impaired Pakistan is a cause of deep worry for Beijing, since Islamabad’s capability to tie-down India by launching terrorist attacks will also suffer.

If Pakistan splinters, there will be enormous gains for India.

PoK will revert back to the Indian fold and peace will prevail. This is the singular reason for Chinese to move their troops into PoK. The strategy is two-fold. First, occupy or gain influence over as much occupied Indian Territory as possible, incase Pakistan breaks up.

Second, to keep up the pressure on Indian borders since Pakistan is no position to do the same, given its present internal disarray. Further, China does not want India to be emboldened to mount an attack on Pakistan, which is already gasping for oxygen.

With the break-up of Pakistan, ISI activities like export of fake Indian currency and infiltration of terrorists through Nepal will cease. Anti-India rabble rousing by ISI inspired elements in Bangladesh against India will no longer be possible.

American attempts to unhook Pakistan from China will continue to fail despite the dangling of carrot of modern weapons and technology as Islamabad’s strategic dependency on Beijing is now irreversible.

The Union of India’s consolidation and integration as a nation will get a new fillip, as the distraction created by Pakistan in the name of religion is eliminated.

India then will be able to concentrate on the principal threat posed by China.

Fragmented Pakistan will lesson the heavy financial burden placed on India’s economy with drastic reduction in the security apparatus. This will enable young India to make rapid economic strides that can outpace ageing China in a short span of time.

Similarly, colossal gains accrue to the West, if Pakistan splinters.

The West led by America is losing the plot in Afghanistan because the problem is the Pakistan Army and its Irregular Forces led by General Kayani. Washington was forced to admit recently this worst kept secret, when its supply routes to Afghanistan were snapped by GHQ Rawalpindi and NATO convoys carrying fuel to Afghanistan were conveniently torched by the ISI controlled Ghost Army of Jihad with impunity.

American attempts to unhook Pakistan from China will continue to fail despite the dangling of carrot of modern weapons and technology as Islamabad’s strategic dependency on Beijing is now irreversible.

The ‘real estate’ of Pakistan was created so that the West could monitor and manipulate the former Soviet Union, China and India.

However, if Pakistan falls apart, Sind which has very strong democratic yearning is certain to charter its own independent path but in consonance with Indian value system.

Independent Baluchistan with its rich resources will be definitely against the Chinese, who in conjunction with Islamabad are exploiting its resources. Denial of Gawdar port will preclude Chinese navy from the warm waters of Indian Ocean and direct access to West Asia.

Afghanistan will gradually witness unhindered growth of democracy; the spoilers Pakistan Army with ISI would have disappeared.

Therefore, democracies will find many friendly places to operate from and access the resources of Central Asia to the mutual benefit of all players.

The biggest gain for the democracies will be that China’s expanding authoritarian influence will be sharply curtailed. Also the Jihad fervor being orchestrated in this part of the world by the Punjabi Sunnis will die a natural death due to fatigue and lack of resources.

The spread of two authoritarian streams, Chinese communism and the Islamic fundamentalism, in combination or otherwise, threaten the survival of democracies in Asia.

With independent Sind and Baluchistan, the Chinese supply lines from Gawdar would not be possible.

If Pakistan splinters, one of the threats will be substantially neutralized.

This in turn will make Central Asia a safer place where Pakistan aims to attain strategic depth with the help of Islamic fundamentalists.

If Pakistan splinters, Sinkiang in China will face renewed instability and the Chinese flank in occupied Tibet will come under severe pressure.

With independent Sind and Baluchistan, the Chinese supply lines from Gawdar would not be possible. This will force China to revert to ‘peaceful rise’ instead of laying claim on territory or islands of other nations.

The power of the Shias will increase, thus creating a balance with some of the Sunni sects that are mainly responsible for terrorist acts worldwide. Two successive British Prime Ministers have stated Pakistan accounts for 75 percent of all such acts.

If Pakistan splinters, this percentage will drop to abysmal levels.

Most often remarks on Pakistan are prefaced by, “ Just like you Indians cannot live with Pakistan...”

This premise is false. An average Indian can live with Pakistan, as long as Islamabad does not interfere in internal affairs or connive against India. It is irrelevant whether India dialogues, trades or maintains diplomatic relationship with Pakistan; growth of the Indian economy or the growing status of India is not even remotely connected with failure or success of Islamabad. The ‘Pakistan Story’ failed because of the inherent flaws in the values professed and not because of “Kashmir”! The “Indian Story “ shows success because of its belief in secular democratic values.

The truth therefore is that “Pakistan cannot live with India.” The converse is absolutely preposterous.

If Pakistan splinters, it will hit the biggest stakeholder and benefactor China. In order to safeguard its strategic interests, Beijing therefore will make every endeavor to prevent the breakup of Pakistan, even to the extent of military intervention in support of the Pakistan Army.

If Pakistan splinters, forces led by Barak Obama will win. On the contrary, if China is successful in its intervention, authoritarian regimes will hold sway in Asia.

Who wins the great game in Asia, will depend on the finesse with which the cards are dealt by the contending sides.