Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): 29 March 2012

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Roperia
BRFite

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): 29 March 2

Post by Roperia »

shravan wrote:9 killed in Karachi
http://www.thenews.com.pk/article-49641 ... ling-field

KARACHI: Another nine people, including two policemen and three Muttahida Qaumi Movement activists, were killed in the city on Thursday. The ongoing wave of target killings has claimed 34 people, mostly activists of political parties, in the metropolis over the past five days.
Karachi violence: Over 15 killed in last 24 hours
KARACHI: More than 15 people, including two policemen, were killed in different areas of Karachi on Friday, Express News reported.

Armed assailants barged into a house located in Landhi’s Mansehra Colony and opened fire, killing two people and injuring three.

In Baldia Ittehad Town, unidentified people opened fire on police vehicles, resulting in the death of Head Constable Muhammad Jan Niazi and Constable Arif.
According to Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) West Amir Farooqi, the armed men snatched all of the government-possessed Submachine guns too.

Firing on two cars resulted in the death of three people, and two were severely injured close to the Ancholi area of Karachi.
An unidentified body was found in a gunny bag in the area of Liaquatabad.

The police, after raiding Baldia Town, Orangi Town and Mawach Goth, have arrested approximately six people.
A person, identified as Gulaab Khan, was gunned down in the Sher Shah Gulbai area.
Unknown men opened fire on an ambulance in the Samanabad area, killing three including the driver, Imran, and injuring two others.
What the heck are TFTA punjabi mussalman of LaWhore doing, mohajirs and Balochs from Karachi are getting all the press?
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Indian and Arabic Cultures Influence Pakistan
Vice Chancellor Sindh Madressatul Islam University (SMIU) Dr Muhammad Ali Shaikh has said that the powerful Indian and Arabic cultures have influenced our region/country since many centuries, as it is located between these two civilizations. Despite that people of our country have upheld their own culture and sub-cultures in every age of the history.
K Mehta
BRFite

Post by K Mehta »

It is very interesting to see that Gerry Connolly who was once a friend of bakistan has introduced the amendment linking CSF to GLOCs in the NDAA 2013, and that got passed in the house of reps with only Kuchnich voting against it!
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

SSridhar wrote:Indian and Arabic Cultures Influence Pakistan
Despite that people of our country have upheld their own culture and sub-cultures in every age of the history.
Very true. The shining example of that remarkable (sub)culture comes oozing out every day of the week wether it is in the land of the pure, Gitmo, or other parts of the civilized world.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Pathan culture seems to be very different from Pakjabi culture. In the days after 9-11 the American reports we used to read while talking abut the Taliban were actually referring to Pathan culture. The Taliban is different.

Pathan culture remains one of tribes with tribal allegiances and several commonly described "Google-able" traits including honor, hospitality and revenge. Pathans might_possibly be descendants of the Hephthalites - but the latter were polyandorus. Pathans have always been Islamic with a "cover up" for girls. However Pathans have never been as extreme as the Wahhabandi Taliban which is a Pak-army-KSA-CIA creation gone out of hand.

Pathans have not had sense of nation - there has never been a Pathan nation as such (Except under the Durrani reign) and Pathans consider themselves to be part of the country they live in. Hence there are Afghan Pathans and Paki, plains Pathans. There are Indian Pathans as well. The Khans and Pataudi are announced as Pathans in Pathan videos on Youtube. The Pathan fora I have seen on the net where Pakis do not take part seem very very civilized - make a change form shitistani forums.

It appear that Pathas only "kingdom" was under Ahmad Shah Durrani. I get the feeling that Pathans in general consider Pakiabis to be an inferior set of people. It is the Pakjabi who sucks up to the Pathan and admires his culture which, unlike Pakjabi culture is claimed never to have been conversion from Hinduism. But with Pathans showing alleginace to the country they live it, it does not seem that they consider it odd to have Pathans who show allegiance to Pakistan, India or Afghanistan, or for that matter South Africa. It is not as if Indian Pathans are slobbering after Pakistan and Paki Pathans slobbering after Afghanistan. So this might possible be a wrong reading we have of Pathans in India.

While Pathans have tribal allegiances, their society has been classified into a caste like strata with certain clans being rulers and others being menial workers. But Pathans are hardly as extreme as the Taliban. However the forced relations that some Pathans have had to have with the Al Qaeda and the Taliban that have led to attacks on Pathans by the US and Shitistani Paki army may have solidifed some links between Pathans and the Taliban, muddying the picture.

But it would be wrong to classify the random Pathan as either Paki or as Taliban. Pathan is Pathan, as far as my current reading goes, and belongs to his current nation. That might be applicable to the Indian Bollywood Khans too.
Last edited by shiv on 18 May 2012 19:36, edited 1 time in total.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

are we sure that the pathans are not converted hindus and buddhists?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Lalmohan wrote:are we sure that the pathans are not converted hindus and buddhists?

I have been doing a lot of reading about this, The area where the Pathans come from has been hit by anyone and everyone from every side. But by the time the Pathan identity came, it appears that they were Muslims. This is as far as my reading goes. Will re check.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

they may well be a hybrid of indic peoples with others. i believe many of them like to claim greek ancestory
you certainly see the ebb and flow of races in afghanistan, but pathans are clearly one of the players there
ShauryaT
BRF Oldie

Post by ShauryaT »

shiv wrote:
Lalmohan wrote:are we sure that the pathans are not converted hindus and buddhists?

I have been doing a lot of reading about this, The area where the Pathans come from has been hit by anyone and everyone from every side. But by the time the Pathan identity came, it appears that they were Muslims. This is as far as my reading goes. Will re check.
The origins of the current tribal system can be traced to this person in the medieval period. Islam was already a major force in Persia by then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qais_Abdur_Rashid

Islam has ensured that most other traces of the ancient era are culturally destroyed with Bamani statues being its most recent evidence.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Lalmohan wrote:they may well be a hybrid of indic peoples with others. i believe many of them like to claim greek ancestory
you certainly see the ebb and flow of races in afghanistan, but pathans are clearly one of the players there
This "Greek" business is claimed by a lot of people and seems to be a hangover of the "anti-Hamitic i am descended of white man" theory. Muslims in general have a big "Need to be white" chip on their shoulders. Ibn Batuta is said to have complained that the Sudanese who were Muslims did not respect whites.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

ShauryaT wrote: The origins of the current tribal system can be traced to this person in the medieval period. Islam was already a major force in Persia by then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qais_Abdur_Rashid

Islam has ensured that most other traces of the ancient era are culturally destroyed with Bamani statues being its most recent evidence.
Shaurya the Hephtalites were in power in Afghanistan at this time
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hephthalite

One theory I read is that "Hephtal" is a corruption of Abdel (Rashid) (or the other way round maybe). Afghanistan was mainly Hindu and Buddhist at this time. It was Ghazni who brought Islam first to these people I think. Much later.
ShauryaT
BRF Oldie

Post by ShauryaT »

shiv wrote: Shaurya the Hephtalites were in power in Afghanistan at this time
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hephthalite

One theory I read is that "Hephtal" is a corruption of Abdel (Rashid) (or the other way round maybe). Afghanistan was mainly Hindu and Buddhist at this time. It was Ghazni who brought Islam first to these people I think. Much later.
In the domain of history, so many facts and supposed facts get intertwined, that it becomes a little difficult to form precise views. Some say, a Mauryan king pushed the Hephthalites out in early 6th century. There are reports of Persian rule and Arab invasions in mid/late 7th century.

The way I come to understand it all is Afghanistan was always straddled between the Persian and Indian empires. Persia fell to the Arabs by mid 7th century, in 30 years of Prophet's death the route was complete. India's political power was waning. So, it is reasonable to presume that there was some expansion of Persian/Arab power into Afghanistan. Being a difficult terrain the movement of Islam into Afghanistan was not as quick and smooth. So, safe to presume some inward movement of Islam into Afghanistan in late 7th century. By the time of Ghazni in late 10th century, Islam probably was solidly entrenched, which allowed Ghazni to expand into Multan, Sindh, North Punjab and Rajputana.

The Saffavid dynasty, based on eastern Iran in Sistan, certainly made heavy inroads into Afghanistan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saffarid_Dynasty
Last edited by ShauryaT on 18 May 2012 21:21, edited 1 time in total.
Roperia
BRFite

Post by Roperia »

US supply trucks cross Afghan-Pakistan border

Yesterday's vote in House of Representatives has done it.
Last edited by Roperia on 18 May 2012 21:22, edited 1 time in total.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Hindus and Sikhs in the UK are fed up with those originating in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and following the Mohammadden religion being permitted to don the Burka / Burqa of the term “Asian” by the Media and Government in the UK in a bid to hide their frequent involvement in crimes such as paedophilic sex grooming.

Hindus and Sikhs consequently demand that the term “Asian” stopped being used to describe Pakistani Mohammaddens as the use of the term “Asian” is “wholly inaccurate and unfair to other communities of Asian Origin” besides the use of term is “a way of clouding responsibility”.:
Joint statement by Sikh and Hindu organisations on so-called 'Asian' grooming gangs

Date:14 May 2012

We note with concern that the so-called 'Asian' sex gangs recently and all too often in the news are in fact almost always of Pakistani origin. The use of the term 'Asian' to describe the perpetrators of these crimes is wholly inaccurate and unfair to other communities of Asian Origin.

By law the British Government requires all authorities including the police, CPS and prisons, to collect ethnicity figures, which use the categories set out in the Census; Asian/Asian British: Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Chinese and Any other Asian background. We believe that in this case the government itself is sanctioning the use of term Asian as a way of clouding responsibility.
It is also a cause for concern that the religion of each person is noted; when in custody in police stations; when on remand in prison and when a convicted felon. Yet the government in the CEOP report about child exploitation and in its dealing with the media has advised that this information does not exist.

We believe the reluctance of the media and the government to discuss the issue that there is a disproportionate representation of Muslims in such cases and why the victims are almost always non-Muslim girls is only adding to the vote bank of far-right groups such as the BNP and the EDL.

In addition we wish to bring to your attention the fact that the same sex gangs have also targeted Hindu and Sikh girls in the same manner and these cases are rarely reported on as they hardly ever reach the courts.

We believe that political correctness stifles debate and will not facilitate a frank and mature discussion or solutions to get to the root of why the above pattern is emerging in these crimes and how to help find a solution to the problem. This can only be done by working with the responsible majority in the community involved. We will not be able to do that if we mask the identity of those involved based on misguided views of ‘protecting a vulnerable community’ of the perpetrators and not looking at the vulnerable community of victims.

The Network of Sikh Organisations UK,
The Hindu Forum of Britain,
The Sikh Media Monitoring Group UK.
From here:

Hindu Forum of Britain
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

New lease of life for Pak man
Tribune News Service

Mohali, May 17
It was a shock for 71-year-old Safdar M Hayat Qureshi when he was told that he had abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA), an life-threatening disease uncommon in this part of the world. He was all smiles today after treatment at Fortis Hospital here. He would leave for his country tomorrow.

“I have got a new lease of life in India. This gives me more happiness,” said Qureshi, managing director with a company at Lahore.

He said he was told to go to the US, Singapore or India as the treatment was not available in Pakistan.

“I selected India and was happy with the treatment here,” he said.

Giving details of the AAA, Dr Ravul Jindal said it was swelling in the largest artery, extending from the heart to the abdomen.

A rupture could cause instant death Dr Jindal said. “We have installed a stent in his artery. He is alright now,” he added.
Roperia
BRFite

Post by Roperia »

Pakjabis should commit a suicide after watching this.

Complete video (~33 minutes) of Bannu jailbreak released by Taliban -

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

SBajwa wrote:71-year-old Safdar M Hayat Qureshi....“I have got a new lease of life in India. This gives me more happiness...I selected India and was happy with the treatment here,” he said.
This is how the story will read in 20 years from now in a paki newspaper:

"Safdar M Hayat Qureshi, now 91, and married four times, has produced 18 children (17 boys and one girl) ranging from 19 to 65 in ages. Four of his sons died a martyr's (shaheed's) death in the mountains of Afghanistan, three of them became shaheed in the valleys of Occupied Kashmir and one was nabbed by the criminal Indian police when he was on a reconnaissance trip to the city of Ajmer. The others are serving in the military. Qureshi is proud of his children and wishes he was younger so that he could produce more sons to serve his faith and nation. He is on his way to India on an all-expense paid trip to get a new heart pacemaker, liver transplant and to replace the stent that was put in him by South Asian surgeons twenty years ago."

Aman ka tamasha at work.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

And...more lies! LeT threatens to blow up Attari Integrated Checkpost
LeT is a banned organisation in Pakistan and all its offices and other activities have been eliminated from the country.
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

On a lighter note:

From this week's TFT (Quoting in full):
Diary of a Social Butterfly

Bhai I've tau always said that India is my Most Flavoured Nation. Now guvments on both side have also copied me and opened up trade roots between us and them. So thanks God we can all become rich now. Talking of rich, many Indian richies came to Lahore for this seminal called Aman ki Asha. Janoo went to listen to their speeches but I went to see Prameshwar Godrej. She's just like us - Punjabi, tall, good-looking, wheatish complexion. I pointed her out to Mulloo, who'd gone with me to the seminal. "There she is! I know Prameshwar Godrej", I said. Mulloo snapped back, "but does she know you?" Uffff! Some people, vaisay, are too much!

They say from India, we can have non-stop bijli. Suna hai that in return for our cement ki boris and lawn ka joras, India is going to give us lots of lovely bijli and other nice nice things like Shahrukh Khan and Paan Bahar and kanji worm saris and cars kay parts and so much of steel, so much of steel kay poocho hi na.

Apparently they are crazy for our foods across the boarder. I told Janoo that please put all your onions and mangoes and wheat-sheet and whatever else you grow into a truck and send it to Amrit Sir today only. He said mangoes are not ready yet. I said, who cares baba? Don't you remember that song Kulchoo used to sing when he was a doddler, "Ready or Not Here I Come..." Vaisay between you and me and the four walls you know the problem with Janoo, na? All his get up and go has got up and gone. If it wasn't for me, sachee, he tau would be a total non identity.

Also visa constrictions are going to be relaxed. So instead of going bar bar to bore Delhi I can book myself into one of their super luxurious ashrams (but with 24 hour servants) in a romantic sa quite type village with palm trees and air conditioned huts. You know the type of place where they give you daily enemas till you feel like the world has fallen out of your bottom? And they do massages till your yatras are talking to your chakras and your agni is in tune with your jugni and you are doing ahimsa morning noon and night. And they make you eat little Your Vedic pills and portions made from herbal cow pats and crushed snail shells and so on and so fourth. And they make you sit across legged on a rush ka mat and close your eyes and chant, "Om Shanti Om" till your feel like slapping someone. And at the end of it all you come out totally retoxed and your inner light is shining like a hello gen bulb and you're looking like Ashwariya (before baby, but).
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

From the 'Such Gup' section of this week's TFT:
Such Gup

Cosy sinecure
In an informal conversation with friends, Gill on the Hill was insistent that he would not be signing off on a cosy sinecure for the former head of the Invisible Soldiers Inc. Gill needn't worry. Rumour has it that the former head isn't so former after all and has been given access to his old official haunt with staff etc. The fig leaf is that this is just for the duration of Memogate, that witch hunt that has been dead in the water for ages. Our mole also reports that the former head is very keen on an ambassadorial appointment, preferably to the Holy Land. But as we said at the beginning, Gill's not too keen to oblige.

Chapter & verse
Our mole says that the Prime Minister of a brotherly country, member of NATO (Turkey?), called Hubby a week or so ago and made an urgent request. "Reopen the Ground Lines of Communication (GLOC) for NATO" he demanded. "No way" said Hubby. He then cited chapter and verse on all the times his government had been subverted on the matter of US-Pak, He pointed to the Raymond Davis affair, Memogate, the creation of the Defence Council, The Great Khan's drone dharnas and he told the brotherly PM that he'd better call Canny and the boys if he wanted GLOC restored. Hubby said he and his government weren't going to shoulder the entire blame.
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

Selected 'Nuggets' from this week's TFT:
Nuggets from the Urdu press

'We sold ourselves to America'
Famous journalist Ansar Abbasi wrote in Jang that Pakistan's politicians and generals sold the honour of Pakistani nation for their personal gain. We sold our daughter Afia Siddiqi for a few dollars and took money to make our own Army kill our brothers in Pakistan. At the same time while we were selling everything to America, America hit us with the shoe (jootay khae). And now once again we are about to reopen the Nato supply route in our love (ishq) of America; and the parliament is merely being used for this.

How we sold Afia Siddiqi
Famous columnist Hamid Mir wrote in Jang that because Afia was not an American national she could not be arrested in inside Pakistan and had to be lured to Afghanistan so that she could be arrested there on charge of attacking an American soldier and sentenced to 86 years in America. A police officer since has confessed that secret service picked up Afia Siddiqi in Karachi in 2003 and handed her over to Americans who waiting for her in Karachi.

America will splinter soon! :eek:
Famous religious leader Maulana Samiul Haq was quoted in Nawa-e-Waqt as saying that he and his followers will not allow the Nato supply route to be reopened and that he had arrived at the conclusion after deep thought that America will soon break up as a state.

India can't digest independent Pakistan!
Famous Chief Editor said in Nawa-e-Waqt that India was so fanatic that it could not tolerate that Pakistan as an independent state was flourishing. He said he was confident that there will be nuclear war between Pakistan and India over the waters being stolen by India. He said Pakistan's condition will not improve until Pakistan goes to war with India and deals with it (nimit nahin laitay).

Amal the true wife!
Daily Jinnah reported that Osama bin Laden's wife Amal of Yemen was the true wife as she stood by Osama when he was attacked and she got injured while trying to save him. She said that after 2001 Osama lived in four cities of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa: Peshawar, Swat, Haripur and Abbottabad. Two of her children were born in the government hospitals of Haripur. She refused to answer the question whether any official was privy to Osama's stay in Pakistan. Daily Mashriq reported that Amal bore five children to Osama and was his favourite wife. She was in Karachi for 9 months. Osama lived with three wives and regularly produced children.

Don't buy electricity from India!
Famous Chief Editor Majid Nizami stated in Nawa-e-Waqt that he would rather live in the light of a candle for the rest of his life than live in the light of the electricity of Pakistan's eternal enemy (azli dushman) India. He said India was taking all the water from our rivers while our rulers were trying to give Karachi to India.

Deflowered by pir, climbs pylon
:eek: Reported in Mashriq a woman of Gulberg Lahore Irshad Bibi who visited a pir (spiritual healer) only to be deflowered by him again and again after which she tried to register a complaint against him at the police station. When the police ignored her and respected the pir instead she climbed a nearby high tension pylon in protest. The pir converted her to Islam and had married her but was not admitting her as his wife.

Wukla beat up thanedar in court
In an incident the newspapers now list under wukla-gardi Express Lahore's lawyers while appearing in the court of the Sessions judge suddenly attacked the SHO of the thana Sabzazar Khaleel and gave him a thrashing. A group of hooligan lawyers tore the uniform of the police officer from his body and dragged him half naked from the court outside in the yard. The lawyers were in the form of a gang. No one did anything against them.

General Pasha damaged PMLN
Senior Central Secretary Information PMLN Senator Mushahidullah was quoted by Express as saying that ex-ISI chief General Shuja Pasha had damaged his party to a great extent (bay-had). But the chief justice of Pakistan was the Moses of today who was dispensing justice in Pakistan. He said in Karachi the battle between PPP and MQM was for bhatta.

No one is Pakistani in Pakistan! :eek:
Famous journalist Abdul Qadir Hasan write in Express that today journalism was no longer ideological (nazariati) and was in the grasp of self-interested groups against whom he could do nothing but flap his wings uselessly. He added that among Pakistani politicians there was not a single complete Pakistani (mukammal) and if there was one he could like to be informed about him.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

A case of those who originate in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan living out their fantasies of applying the benefit of the “Ma malakat aymanukum” concept of Mohammadden religious jurisprudence in the UK?

Statistics confirm that those who originate in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan are disproportionately responsible for committing the crime of pedophilic sexual grooming in the UK:
Statistical snapshots suggest that British-Pakistanis are frequently linked to crimes like grooming, which includes any action taken to befriend a child before engaging him or her in sexual activity. Out of 77 recent convictions for grooming, rape and other predatory sex crimes, 67 involved Pakistani men. The majority of suspects who commit sex crimes in large groups — as opposed to acting alone — tend to be of Pakistani origin. One study about such groups found that 83 percent of 52 suspects charged in five major grooming investigations were Pakistani.
Pakistani journalist Huma Yusuf writing in a blog hosted by the New York Times:

Tough Questions Over Sex Crimes For Britains Pakistani Community
Last edited by arun on 19 May 2012 07:06, edited 1 time in total.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Roperia wrote:Pakjabis should commit a suicide after watching this.

Complete video (~33 minutes) of Bannu jailbreak released by Taliban -

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3
No why? It is a success of the faith isn't it? This is the glory of Pakistan(PBUH). Those jailers were not Muslims. They could not hold Muslims inside.
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

Pakistani jihadists reported in northern Mali
Timbuktu mayor Hallé Ousman confirmed the news during an exclusive telephone interview with Magharebia.
"There are actually many Pakistani nationals in Timbuktu, as well as others from many other nationalities, the mayor said. "I personally saw them today going around streets, neighbourhoods and markets. However, they haven't yet started actual communication and direct conversation with residents."

"As to their mission, it became clear to residents several weeks ago," Ousman added. "It is represented in training the new recruits who al-Qaeda and other armed groups in town are enlisting."

"The situation has become very dangerous," he concluded. "In Timbuktu, we refuse that our city be turned into a scene for the terrorist acts that foreign groups are engaged in, given that they threaten our stability and make our sons susceptible to deviation."
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Le Monde has revealed that the north african killer their police gunned down after a long siege last month was a Paki taliban trained grad and was asked to attack the India consulate in paris!! it seems he gave up on the idea due to the high security and branched out into other forms of attack.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/worl ... 283793.cms

LONDON: Two months after he was shot dead by French special forces, a 23-year-old Algerian-origin terrorist was found to have been plotting to attack the Indian embassy in Paris on the direction of his Taliban handlers in Pakistan. Quoting sources from the French Internal Intelligence and the Special Forces, Le Monde reported that Mohamed Merah's Taliban handlers in Pakistan had tasked him to attack the Indian mission.

"That was the target given him by the Taliban who prepared him for jihad during his training in Pakistan in the summer of 2011," the paper reported. Merah was killed after police and special forces laid an almost 32-hour siege of his apartment in Toulouse, after his armed attacks on a Jewish school and killing of army personnel outside their barracks on March 15.

During the siege, the terrorist had long chats with the policemen surrounding his house, which were recorded and are now part of the judicial dossier. Merah told cops that he had dropped the plan to attack the Indian mission due to difficulty of the enterprise . He also said that he had attended jihad camps in Pakistan and undergone al-Qaida training. Merah had long been known to the French authorities as a petty criminal but his links to Islamist extremism drew attention at a later stage.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

now the obvious conclusion is if the pakis are bothered to attempt attacking the indian consulate in Paris...

they must be training other grads for european capitals , african capitals, central asia , far east ... the world is their oyster.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Singha wrote: the north african killer their police gunned down after a long siege last month was a Paki taliban trained grad and was asked to attack the India consulate in paris!! it seems he gave up on the idea due to the high security and branched out into other forms of attack.

Time to quote from my e book
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/EBOOKS/pfs.pdf
Terrorism, with hundreds of thousands of
jihadis entering from Pakistan required a robust
response, and India met the threat by building a powerful
counter-insurgency apparatus, and by starting to fence
the India-Pakistan boundary where possible.
As the Indian strategy proved effective, jihadis started
getting eliminated in increasing numbers, and the average
life-span of a jihadi-terrorist entering India from
Pakistan was reduced to weeks or months rather than years..

<snip>

This seems to have had a significant effect on the morale
of Pakistan's army backed jihadi-terrorist apparatus,
because the Pakistani government started protesting
against the presence of large numbers of Indian counter-
insurgency personnel within India, and diplomatic
protests grew shriller as Indian security forces chalked
up success after success.

In many areas, terrorists from Pakistan were unable to
enter India at all or were able to infiltrate through in
the smallest numbers. A backlog of violent, trained and
indoctrinated terrorists built up in Pakistan, and
gradually, these terrorists began to target other nations
of the world.

Once again, the only country that tried to alert the
world about the global terrorist threat emanating from
Pakistan's jihad factory was India, but Indian
information fell on deaf ears, until 2001 terrorist attacks on the US.
intelligence communities of the world then terrorist links leading back to
the September 11 That woke up the world with a jolt. Since Pakistan have been
found in countries like Burma, Nepal, Chechnya, Bangladesh, Afghanistan,
Yemen, Mongolia, Kuwait, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Russia, Turkey, Latvia,
Australia, UK, Canada, Indonesia and the Philippines.
Add France to the list
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Poker lessons for Poaqer Nauqar Lokars
http://dawn.com/2012/05/19/poker-lessons/
In any case, to drag out the closure of supply routes for six months, we not only added to Nato’s costs of conducting operations and sustaining its forces in Afghanistan, but we also spelled out that our role in the alliance is transactional and transient. Increasingly, Pakistan is being viewed as part of the problem, and not part of the solution to the Afghan imbroglio.We in Pakistan have been so brainwashed by the notion that the whole world is against us that we forget how much we have contributed to anti-Pakistan perceptions abroad. By continuing to use militants to further our dodgy (and well-documented) agenda in the region, our defence establishment has made it difficult for most of its foreign counterparts to trust us over any issue.For Americans, the discovery that Osama Bin Laden was living in Abbottabad for years was proof of Pakistani connivance with Al Qaeda. Fortunately, nothing in the documents and computer discs recovered from Bin Laden’s compound has confirmed any links with Pakistani intelligence. But ordinary Americans as well as most politicians are convinced that he could not have lived for years under the military’s nose without tacit official approval.
As a result of the perception that Pakistan, far from helping the US in Afghanistan, is actively trying to hinder it, legislation has been moved in the American Congress to place severe restrictions on US aid. Once it becomes law, the administration will have to certify Pakistan’s good behaviour on a host of issues, ranging from nuclear proliferation to terrorism.Basically, Washington sees a punter who is playing with borrowed cash, and is determined to bluff on every hand. This is a no-brainer for even a greenhorn: call the bluff every time. In a transactional relationship, one side basically says to the other: ‘You can have this if I can have that.’ In the troubled relationship between the US and Pakistan, there has been little in common in terms of values or goals.
We have sought to collect the highest rent possible on our strategic real estate. But if you get greedy and jack up your rent unreasonably, the client has the option to walk away. This is what happened when we denied passage to Nato supplies, and the US was forced to pay a higher price for sending supplies through alternate routes.Being dependent on US financial and military assistance while simultaneously attempting to thwart its strategic goals in the region displays schizophrenia and duplicity of a high order. Above all, it leads to confusion at the highest decision-making level.
However, once western forces leave the region, we will be of marginal interest, and then only for our nuisance value. Our attempts to bluff and bluster will cut no ice. We really, really need to wake up and smell the coffee.

The writer is the author of Fatal Faultlines: Pakistan, Islam and the West.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Pakistan to test ballistic missile on 28th
http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-news- ... le-on-28th
KARACHI - Pakistan will test fire its new missile Nasr by the end of this month and most likely on May 28th. The missile with 180 km range has a high degree of accuracy. According to sources, Pakistan Army has completed all its preparation to test fire the nuclear-capable, surface-to-surface ballistic missile Nasr.
The name Nasr is an Arabic word meaning Victory.
Nasr can carry nuclear warheads and can hit the target with high accuracy, it is learnt.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

So NASR MBRL range magically increases through Kahki paint from 60KM to 180 KM to match Prahaar- Jinn technology onlee.

On the other, our advances have made them to assure H&D with Aam Abduls
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

Pakistan journalist Razzaq Gul gunned down
A journalist was shot dead by unidentified gunmen in the restive southwest Balochistan province, days after the UNESCO ranked Pakistan as "the second most dangerous" country for reporters the world over.

The body of Razzaq Gul was found on Saturday morning in Turbat, a town in Balochistan, his brother said.

Gul had been working for the Express Group of publications, one of the leading media houses in Pakistan.

He was associated with the group for 10 years.
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

Stopping Fake Drugs From Pakistan Is Too Late for Victims
In Pakistan’s biggest market for wholesale medicines, it pays to be observant.

More than 2,500 stalls wedged along dirt lanes in Karachi’s busiest trading district offer everything from Pfizer Inc. (PFE) (PFE)’s cholesterol pill Lipitor to GlaxoSmithKline Plc (GSK)’s painkiller Panadol. Closer study of the remedies lining rickety shelves reveals the source of an unfolding medical crisis: Lipitor sold in obsolete packaging, Panadol packets missing tell-tale ribbing, and allergy medicine Zyrtec mislabeled as Zytrec.

Now, the free flow of fake medications channeled through the market for decades may soon be slowed. Lawmakers are poised to pass legislation in June creating an agency to quash the trade after 107 heart patients were killed this year by pills tainted with lethal amounts of an anti-malarial agent. That may help break the ring of counterfeiters in Pakistan, part of a wider network supplying what the World Health Organization estimates is a $431 billion global market for spurious drugs.

“The issue is serious, demanding serious steps,” said Salman Burney, chief executive of GlaxoSmithKline Pakistan Ltd. (GLAXO) in Karachi. “Better regulation will generate more investment in the pharmaceutical industry, which will mean better quality medicines.”

The problem spans national borders. Pakistan was one of the 10 largest sources of counterfeit goods seized in the U.S. last year, U.S. Customs and Border Protection said in January. Medicines accounted for 85 percent of the value of the Pakistani items obtained.

At least 30 percent of medicines bought in the country are either counterfeits or substandard, said Kulsoom Parveen, a lawmaker who chairs a Senate health committee. Pharmacies nationwide sell drugs without a doctor’s prescription, enabling the treatments to be taken without medical supervision.

’Exploiting Weaknesses’

Pakistan has 4,000 registered pharmacists and 25 times more merchants dispensing medicines illegally, the Pakistan Pharmacists Association said.

It’s no coincidence that fake and substandard drugs are flourishing in Pakistan, said Laurie Garrett, senior fellow for global health at the Council on Foreign Relations. The New York- based think-tank prepared six recommendations to fight the drug- safety crisis for consideration by the Group of Eight summit at Camp David, Maryland, today and tomorrow.

“Individuals that are exploiting weaknesses in global drug safety and regulation will base themselves in places where they know the system is fragile or nonexistent,” Garrett said in a telephone interview. “Pakistan is really struggling to keep its entire public health infrastructure alive.”

Damaging Brands

Protecting product integrity would also benefit makers of brand-name medicines. Pharmaceutical sales in Pakistan, with a population of 196 million, total $2 billion annually, compared with $12.4 billion in neighboring India, with 1.2 billion people.

GlaxoSmithKline Pakistan, based in Karachi, made 1.14 billion Pakistani rupees ($12 million) in profit on sales of 21.75 billion rupees last year. In India, Mumbai-based GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (GLXO) had net income of 6.3 billion Indian rupees ($118 million) and revenue of 23.9 billion rupees.

Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani’s government hasn’t had a federal health minister or a central drug regulatory agency since powers were handed to the country’s four provinces last year. A new bill, to be voted on by Pakistan’s senate next month, will strive to fill the void.

“We need to regulate -- from manufacturing to the prescription -- leaving nothing in between,” lawmaker Parveen said in an interview from Quetta. “The drug regulatory agency will look at all three problems: fakes, substandard, and smuggled medicines.”

Chronic Diseases

The need for effective drug treatments is increasing in Pakistan, where about half of adults older than 50 years suffer high blood pressure, according to the WHO. The country had 6.3 million adults with Type-2 diabetes last year, the International Diabetes Federation estimated. By 2030, the tally will be 11.4 million, the 10th-highest tally worldwide, the Brussels-based group predicts.

Counterfeit medicines don’t just risk lacking their purported active ingredients. Some are potentially deadly -- laced with substances that include rat poison, brick dust and paint, said Scott Davis, a former U.S. customs official who heads security in Asia-Pacific for Pfizer in Singapore.

‘High Return’

To counter the proliferation of counterfeits, drugmakers like Pfizer constantly change product packaging, closely monitor supply chains, and train staff to spot fakes, said Ahmer Ashraf, a spokesman for Pfizer Pakistan. That adds to costs, he said.

“Criminals are attracted to the fake drugs business because it’s a low-risk, high-return area,” said Akbar Baloch, a director at the Federal Investigation Agency in Karachi. “If we catch someone with heroin, he may get the death sentence, while fake pharmaceuticals may get him a few years of prison or he may get away with just a fine.”
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

I can't for the life of me understand why Pakistan should worry about fake drugs. It's a minor issue. India is the problem. See what Indians are doing in Kashmir. Allah will protect those in Pakistan - after all what can a small pill do when the benevolent light of Allah shines on Pakistan (PBUH).
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

The Islamic Republic of Pakistan's price-gouging on transportation is upsetting the US.

Given my understanding that all shipments to Afghanistan have to mandatorily be routed through the Pakistan Armed Forces controlled National Logistics Cell or its nominees, this price gouging is directly lining the pocket of the Armed Forces of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

Is my understanding correct?:

Panetta to confront Pakistan at NATO summit on transport costs
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Khalli dabba Vs Khali Bottle
Nation being misguided on Thar coal: Dr Qadeer :rotfl:
KARACHI: ‘Father of Pakistan’s nuclear program’, Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan has said that the nation is being misguided about power generation through Thar Coal as fake claims being made that 50,000 mage watts energy could be produced. He declared it intellectual dishonesty.Speaking as chief guest at a dinner on Friday evening on the auspices of Rahnuma-e-Pakistan Forum at a local hotel, Khan made it clear that projects like Thar Coal and Reko Diq require investment of millions of dollars and state of the art equipment and technology.He said that China has the technology and skill to extract coal from Thar reserves.
The nuclear scientist said that the country is passing through a very difficult period and country needs the sincere and honest leadership.Dr Qadeer said that the current state of the affairs is the consequence of incompetence and dishonesty of those sitting on the helms of the affairs.He said that all the ministries and government departments are being run by those who did not have any know how of their respective department, but busy in looting and plundering the country.han claimed that Pakistan has developed world’s most modern and cheapest nuclear technology as we spent only $250 million on achieving the goal that’s why the entire world is surprised over this marvelous achievement.He said that people were making mockery of us over my efforts to enrich uranium through a simple centrifuge machine but the world is now evident that we have achieved our task.He said that he did not get any type of assistance from any foreigner in this task.
Last edited by Prem on 20 May 2012 03:02, edited 1 time in total.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Roko koi, isse Janne na dho
Indian FM to visit Pakistan in July
NEW DELHI: Indian foreign minister S M Krishna has confirmed that he will visit Pakistan in the third week of July on a three-day official tour, Indian media reported.During the visit, Krishna will meet Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar and review all outstanding issues between the two nations. he Indian will also call on President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani.According to Indian media, the most probable dates for the visit are July 20, 21 and 22. This is the first confirmation of Krishna's schedule for his visit to Pakistan.
( Coup will happen before his visist)
Dipanker
BRF Oldie

Post by Dipanker »

Jhujar wrote:[ur=http://pn.com.pk/details_en.php?nid=21626l]Khalli Badda Vs Khali Bottle[/url]

KARACHI: ‘Father of Pakistan’s nuclear program’, Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan has said that the nation is being misguided about power generation through Thar Coal as fake claims being made that 50,000 mage watts energy could be produced. He declared it intellectual dishonesty.Speaking as chief guest at a dinner on Friday evening on the auspices of Rahnuma-e-Pakistan Forum at a local hotel, Khan made it clear that projects like Thar Coal and Reko Diq require investment of millions of dollars and state of the art equipment and technology.He said that China has the technology and skill to extract coal from Thar reserves.
The nuclear scientist said that the country is passing through a very difficult period and country needs the sincere and honest leadership.Dr Qadeer said that the current state of the affairs is the consequence of incompetence and dishonesty of those sitting on the helms of the affairs.He said that all the ministries and government departments are being run by those who did not have any know how of their respective department, but busy in looting and plundering the country.han claimed that Pakistan has developed world’s most modern and cheapest nuclear technology as we spent only $250 million on achieving the goal that’s why the entire world is surprised over this marvelous achievement.He said that people were making mockery of us over my efforts to enrich uranium through a simple centrifuge machine but the world is now evident that we have achieved our task.He said that he did not get any type of assistance from any foreigner in this task.
Did he forget that he stole the centrifuge design from Urenco and was caught selling Chinese bomb design to Libya, Iran, and assorted bunch of countries?
RCase
BRF Oldie

Post by RCase »

Khan claimed that Pakistan has developed world’s most modern and cheapest nuclear technology as we spent only $250 million on achieving the goal that’s why the entire world is surprised over this marvelous achievement.He said that people were making mockery of us over my efforts to enrich uranium through a simple centrifuge machine but the world is now evident that we have achieved our task.
Yes, the rest of the world was surprised that most of the payments made were worth less than toilet paper, when they found out it was paid using (counterfeit) currency manufactured in Pakistan. Xerox technology was put to good use by Pakistan. People are making a mockery because they know that basically you have a Chinese device and claiming it to be due to Pakistan's engineering and technological prowess, never mind that there is nothing of technological excellence emanating from the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Your own scientists have said that all that Pakistan exports are carpets, sheets and towels, apart from soccer balls.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

http://dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?pa ... 2012_pg3_3
Forced conversions and targeted killings — I shitaq Ah med
It is of course possible that some Hindu and Christian females do accept Islam voluntarily and in that case, conversion is their human right. The problem of course is that voluntary conversion to another faith is a one-way traffic under Islamic law and Pakistani law. Any Muslim attracted to another faith has no right to change religion. Therefore, it too is a form of forced conversion. Such ex-Muslims take recourse to an established technique of survival that the Shias in particular but also Sunnis have applied in the past and now Ahmedis do to escape detection and persecution at the hands of hostile majorities: taqiyya (pious dissimulation of faith). They outwardly pretend to belong to the majority faith.The problem now is, where will all this lead? There is no doubt that Ahmedi beliefs are not reconcilable with Sunni and Shia beliefs, but then Shia and Sunni beliefs are not reconcilable either. The Munir Report made this abundantly clear. Only very recently, I heard a leading follower of the Agha Khan declare on television that he believed that nothing happened in this world without the approval of his Imam! For the Christians, Jesus Christ is the Saviour and for Hindus their gods are the powers to whom supplications are made and wishes granted. We are in no position to sit in judgement on beliefs whose veracity cannot be verified through observation and testing. There are, of course, people who think that religions are no more than infantile fairy tales.

Consequently, there is no moral or legal basis for forcefully converting people to Islam or for that matter to any other religion or sect. It is ironic that in the early 8th century, Muhammad bin Qasim obtained a fatwa from Islamic scholars at Damascus, the capital of the Ummayads who, by applying the rules of analogy to the notion of the ‘People of the Book’, declared even Hindus as believers in the same God. Muhammad bin Qasim was told that since the Hindus had agreed to pay the jizya, they were free to follow their religion. Religious minorities became part of Pakistan without any conquest taking place, and the Ahmedis and Shias supported the Pakistan demand, though both were worried about a Sunni-majority state coming into being.Forced conversions are a form of ethnic cleansing. Ethnic cleansing by a religious state seeks to empty its territory of unwanted minorities so that a pure nation based on true belief is established. This can be achieved by driving unwanted people out of such territory as happened to the Hindus and Sikhs in 1947, but also by forcing them to assimilate in the state-approved belief system, if conversions are permitted by that belief system. The situation of Hindus, Christians and Ahmedis who remain in Pakistan is of the latter type of ethnic cleansing. Terrorism aiming at the physical liquidation of unwanted minorities is the penalty that is imposed when forced conversions are not producing the desired results.I am convinced that if Pakistan had an Ahmedi or Shia majority, the results would be similar. It is in the nature of the beast, so to say — states based on ethno-nationalism are almost invariably prone to ethnic exclusion and ethnic cleansing and in the worst-case scenario to genocide. Having said that, I must point out that nothing is fixed in time or space and the most abysmal situations can also be remedied if elite consensus emerges and leads the people away from the burden of history.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Dipanker wrote:
He said that he did not get any type of assistance from any foreigner in this task.
Did he forget that he stole the centrifuge design from Urenco and was caught selling Chinese bomb design to Libya, Iran, and assorted bunch of countries?
Only the guilty guy has to keep denying it even when he is not asked.