Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): 29 March 2012

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): 29 March 2

Post by SSridhar »

US-TSP Rift widens at NATO summit - Guardian
Obama is refusing to see Zardari, possibly because he arrived in Chicago without a deal in his pocket on reopening the Pakistan-Afghanistan border to US transport. A White House spokesman said no bilateral meeting between Obama and Zardari at the Nato summit was scheduled.

Instead Pakistan is making a series of demands in return for reopening the supply routes, including a review of the US policy of drone attacks against targets inside Pakistan and a public apology for the killing of its troops.

Zardari was invited late to the two-day Nato summit, which will be dominated on Monday by discussion of the withdrawal of international forces from Afghanistan by 2014 and the retention of a modest armed presence in the county for a decade after that.

The Obama administration had high hopes that Zardari would arrive in Chicago prepared to announce the opening of supply routes essential to Nato. Zardari, in talks with the US secretary of state, Hillary Clinton, made a series of demands, offering to reopen the supply routes only if the US was prepared to pay a higher charge for each vehicle using it, doubling the tariff from $250 to $500 per vehicle. Zardari also demanded a public apology for the killings.

The fact that Zardari had to settle for a meeting with Clinton rather than the president is in itself a snub.

General John Allen, the US commander in Afghanistan, told reporters at a briefing: "There have been some very positive indications of late with the government in Islamabad about an interest in entering into negotiations, which I think you're all aware of, to open the ground line of communications. I can't tell you when that will occur – obviously sooner is better than later."

A Pakistan presidential spokesman said Zardari told Clinton he wanted "to find a permanent solution to the drone issue as it not only violated our sovereignty but also inflamed public sentiments due to innocent civilian casualties". The US is using drone attacks on suspected al-Qaida and Taliban members.

The Obama administration is angry over the demand for increased payments given the level of aid America is already giving to Pakistan. US officials frequently portray Pakistan as pivotal to a peaceful resolution of the Afghanistan conflict.
Various possibilities here. It might have been the usual Pakistani perfidy to promise something just to be able to attend the NATO meet. Or, Zardari might be playing to the gallery to project himself as the mard-ul-momin standing up to the US tyranny. He needs to do something drastic to get votes. Or, the PA really threatened him that he present the demands exactly as they dictated ( a similar scenario was played out at Shimla in 1972 when the defeated and humbled PA made demands worthy of a conquering army).
member_22872
BRFite

Post by member_22872 »

to reopen the supply routes only if the US was prepared to pay a higher charge for each vehicle using it, doubling the tariff from $250 to $500 per vehicle.
Wasn't it supposed to be $5000 per truck? a typo? like in this report:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/21/world ... ummit.html
Pranay
BRFite

Post by Pranay »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18141605

Inflation hits the transit route for NATO... a hike in the fees to $5000 from $250 it is!! :lol:
But in return for reopening the routes, Pakistan has called for:

* A public apology for the killings

* A review of US policy on drone attacks inside Pakistan

* An increase of the transit charge from $250 (£158) to $5,000 per vehicle.

US Defence Secretary Leon Panetta said before the summit that it was "not likely" that the US would be prepared to pay the higher amount demanded by Pakistan.

Correspondents say US President Barack Obama is unhappy about the fee, given that US is already giving Pakistan large amounts of aid.

US officials say no bilateral meeting is being planned between Mr Zardari and Mr Obama, although the Pakistani leader met Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Sunday evening.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

The pakis are demanding $5000 per truck (not $500). That's 2000% over what they were getting before. The chutzpah!

Monday will be a critical day for zardari and co. Ultimately there will be an agreement. Zardari can not return to pagalistan without an agreement where H&D is seemingly restored (and demand for non-apology and limited-fees are met). The army depends on this transit fees. If zardari returns empty handed (and that too without an obscure apology), there might be an army-or islamists' inspired coup. America is aware of this. Paki Beggars will have nothing to lose as they see their chances of redemption receding (with no apology forthcoming and all). They are mad enough to point their collective guns at their collective heads and threaten to commit suicide. I am sure zardari and sherry are pointing this out to the negotiating teams at this very moment.
brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Post by brihaspati »

Current status : its not going well for Zardari. Kayani is backing him up for the moment. Can people suggest likely candidates eager to replace Kayani for the masnad? It will be helpful for me. Thanks!
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

anupmisra wrote:The pakis are demanding $5000 per truck (not $500). That's 2000% over what they were getting before. The chutzpah!

Monday will be a critical day for zardari and co. Ultimately there will be an agreement. Zardari can not return to pagalistan without an agreement where H&D is seemingly restored (and demand for non-apology and limited-fees are met). The army depends on this transit fees. If zardari returns empty handed (and that too without an obscure apology), there might be an army-or islamists' inspired coup. America is aware of this. Paki Beggars will have nothing to lose as they see their chances of redemption receding (with no apology forthcoming and all). They are mad enough to point their collective guns at their collective heads and threaten to commit suicide. I am sure zardari and sherry are pointing this out to the negotiating teams at this very moment.

I roll down my car window at the traffic intersection to buy a China made plasticky electronic mosquito killing tennis racquet type contraption.

"How much?"
"500"
"Balls. 100"
"Saar 400"
"100"
"OK take it for 250 saar"
"I will give you 150"
"OK saar. Here"

This is what will happen.

US says 1500. Shitland says 5000. They will settle for 2000. Still that's a lot of money.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Paki's must be made to shut up on this balance of power thing in their heads vis a vis India for everything Nuclear to ABM to ICBMs etc. Govts that aid Pakistan must ask what this balance is about? Why does Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, SL not seek this balance of power but this mongrel of nation does? What does India really want of the fanatic inbreds that populate the geography of Pakistan? That is why i always feel a geographically more divided Pakistan will be more amenable to sense than as a single entity bent on trying to out compete India in some manner.
Roperia
BRFite

Post by Roperia »

Pakistani Amb. on tensions with U.S 5:49 <= The current ambassador of Pakistan to US

Former ambassador: Pakistan is in denial 13:08 <= The former ambassador of Pakistan to US

Haqqani was hoping that AAZ would get to meet BO and extend a hand of friendship! :lol:

Haqqani says Pakis are concerned about the Indian presence in A'stan. Pakistan like US during the Cold War can't allow an India (like the Soviet Union) to have that kind of influence. Yes, and pigs might fly!

What contrast between both ambassador's perception and the reality!
Last edited by Roperia on 21 May 2012 21:30, edited 2 times in total.
Nandu
BRF Oldie

Post by Nandu »

The balance of power that really interests the Pakis is that between the civvies and the khakis.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

harbans wrote:Paki's must be made to shut up on this balance of power thing in their heads vis a vis India for everything Nuclear to ABM to ICBMs etc. Govts that aid Pakistan must ask what this balance is about?
Harbans - "Balance or power" is a cold war thing and is also US policy. Pakistan has known all along that the US will support them to help "balance the scales" against various countries that the US needs to keep in check to ensure US primacy.
Roperia
BRFite

Post by Roperia »

CNN video Pakistanis talking about the U.S.

:rotfl: Enjoy the hate!
Roperia
BRFite

Post by Roperia »

shiv wrote:
harbans wrote:Paki's must be made to shut up on this balance of power thing in their heads vis a vis India for everything Nuclear to ABM to ICBMs etc. Govts that aid Pakistan must ask what this balance is about?
Harbans - "Balance or power" is a cold war thing and is also US policy. Pakistan has known all along that the US will support them to help "balance the scales" against various countries that the US needs to keep in check to ensure US primacy.
+1, even during Obama Administration's time US has armed Pakis with AIM-120 BVR to fight the WoT, provided them with P-3 Orions to help Pakis search for Haqqani fighters who may have gone underwater etc.

Though I think that during the last 10 years (particularly in BO's time), our consultations with Americans on how each country's relations are going with the Pakis (also with China) have increased significantly. I hope that gives MEA an even better picture in their dealings with Pakis.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

In the Islamic Republic of Pakistan Mohammadden Cleric and Former Legislator Denounces Secular Education for Women, Justifies Honor Killings: "Killing of Women In the Name of Honor Is a 'Local Custom and Religious Practice,'" Warns Female Western NGO Staff that They will Be Captured and Given Away as Brides

MEMRI

Added later one more article on the fatwa of Maulana Abdul Haleem.

Express Tribune:

Curtailing ‘immodesty’: Ex-lawmaker ‘decrees’ against female education
Last edited by arun on 21 May 2012 21:58, edited 1 time in total.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

shiv wrote:I roll down my car window at the traffic intersection to buy a China made plasticky electronic mosquito killing tennis racquet type contraption.

"How much?"
"I will give you 150"
"OK saar. Here"

This is what will happen. US says 1500. Shitland says 5000. They will settle for 2000. Still that's a lot of money.
That anecdote about the traffic intersection is probably right for this situation. Try not reaching an agreement and try driving away (at a low speed). You could have had that contraption for 50. Thats exactly what will happen with zardari. In between driving back to O'Hare and waiting for the flight (on PIA), thats when the last ditch effort to save the deal will be made. Here's how I think the negotiations will take place:

Z (zardari dusopercenti): Sherryjee, we are almost at the airport but no deal. Should we delay the departure? I am shaking.
S (sherry pressboobski): Sir, let me call Hillaryji (she is a personal friend of mine).
S to H on the phone (Hillary): Hi Hill. Its Sher. Listen. We are almost at the airport and the prez is getting worried about the situation back at home. You know, like Bhutto. Do we have a deal?
H: Sher, m'dear. You are driving a hard bargain but we cannot pay $5K for a truck. Thats obscene. Besides your trucks are half the size of our trucks. Have you ever seen an 18 wheelers?
S: So, is $2500 a deal?
H: Not a chance in hell, honey. We have to rerun for elections this year. The public will have our a$$es for breakfast. Not even for half of that number. Try $125.
S: $125? You mean $1250.
H: Nope. $125 per truck and that too deposited in an escrow account in NY. We need to divert the other half to that rugseller karzai.
S: What? I mean, no way! We cant accept that. What about our honor and dignity and sovereignity? We are a proud nation.
H: Hey. Talk to the hand. I mean, we dont talk to the beggar's hand. You cant worry about something you never had. Hey, have a safe flight. No, I really mean it.
S: Wait, wait, let me get back to you. We are almost at O'Hare.
S (to Z): They want to pay $125. Into an escrow account in NY. We are about to board our flight and you know what that means. All telehones and elctronic devices have to be shut off. FAA regulations.
Z: What? Behn...d!! I mean, great snacks! I got to have something to take back to Kayani or I am a halal. Bilawal will not have a country to call his own. I fear for him. Wait, let me talk to Hillaryji.
Z (on phone to H): Hello ji. It is asif here. Happy to meet you again. Tell me. is that $125 plus my 10% or including my 10%? By the by, you looked better than Sarah Palin. <click> hello...hello...hello...?
Z to pilot: Zara, Doobai ki taraf chalein pehle.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Regarding Baba Gorakhnath and temple at Peshawar. The Tilla Jogian at Jhelum (close to peshawar) was established by Baba Gorakhnath under whom Ranjha (of Heer Ranjha) came as his disciple., after losing heer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilla_Jogian
Roperia
BRFite

Post by Roperia »

Why do folks think something is wrong between kiya-nahi and AAZ? My impression is that there are no tensions between Khakis and PPP. To me it seems PPP is willing to do everything Khakis ask for, so they can't blame them if their policy fails.

TSPA's strategy is failing (yet again) and Pakis are cornered. They want a face saving deal. PPP will have to take on all the hate from pakjabis for not standing up to the US while TSPA will take all the credit for being tough on US for the past six months.

It wasn't about honor for TSPA. TSPA wanted to draw a red line after Salala. It was clear that US was increasing the cost for the proxy war TSPA was sponsoring into A'stan.

The frequency of drone attacks and tensions on border seem to have reduced temporarily but it has left a bad taste in many lawmakers' mouth in Washington.

We should watch how things progress after an agreement is reached and what, if any, diplomatic fallout is there.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Dus Percenit personify the shamelessness of Poaq.

Rajdeep
BRFite

Post by Rajdeep »

Roperia wrote:CNN video Pakistanis talking about the U.S.

:rotfl: Enjoy the hate!
The sense of entitlement , The mis-education , The Ignorance , The Accents !!

And this is the so called moderate middle class. Hating the same people/country whose money they need to wipe their as**es and steal their accents from :rotfl:

This just gives an idea as to how army/ISPR have been running a propaganda against US with american $$.

Reminds of the Nazi propaganda that the Germans gobbled up and destroyed themselves in WWII.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

http://tribune.com.pk/story/382017/pak- ... ge-advice/
Pakistan’s pain is our pain, Pakistan’s happiness is our happiness, Pakistan's debt is our debt: Turkish PM
hmm..actually he didn't say the last part. Just made it up :)
RCase
BRF Oldie

Post by RCase »

anupmisra wrote:The pakis are demanding $5000 per truck (not $500). That's 2000% over what they were getting before. The chutzpah!
I am surprised that BRF is behind the curve on this. Zardari was right, he was just making the math easier for the Amriki's! All he was asking was for his 10% - $500, which is his usual!
Roperia
BRFite

Post by Roperia »

We need to document this. (Mods/Admins or people with access would probably want to do this.)

Sheikh Rashid says on national TV that frustration in lower ranks of Paki army is so much that, he saw with his own eyes a Pakistani army soldier in Miranshah fire his gun at a US soldier across the border in A'stan.

This is confirmation of what people have been suspecting and saying from a long time.

Here is the link to the part where he makes that revelation Sheikh Rasheed in Front Line
Last edited by Roperia on 22 May 2012 00:02, edited 1 time in total.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

Jhujar wrote:Pakistan's enemies will be considered as Enemy of Iran: Ahmadinejad
http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-news- ... hmadinejad
Message to India in the wake of India's reduced (by 11%) oil imports from Iran?
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

No he is talking about Dettol, Sanifresh, Harpic and other such disinfectants
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

Roperia wrote:We need to document this. (Mods/Admins or people with access would probably want to do this.)

Sheikh Rashid says on national TV that frustration in lower ranks of Paki army is so much that, he saw with his own eyes a Pakistani army soldier in Miranshah fire his gun at a US soldier across the border in A'stan.

This is confirmation of what people have been suspecting and saying from a long time.

Here is the link to the part where he makes that revelation Sheikh Rasheed in Front Line
Sheikh Rashid is a known certified Tzuthiya liar of Djinnah's class. The Pakfauj has never shot anyone from the front
Roperia
BRFite

Post by Roperia »

Mahendra wrote:...

Sheikh Rashid is a known certified Tzuthiya liar of Djinnah's class. The Pakfauj has never shot anyone from the front
Mahendra sir,

I was suggesting to document this as evidence of radicalization of Paki army. We have heard Indian and western analysts expressing their concern that this might happen but here is a former Federal Minister admitting that Paki troops have tried to kill US troops across the border by directly firing at them. This is a different level of provocation from supporting a proxy war.

It seems the Paki army is exactly using the same tactics they use on LoC.
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

Watch the third video on this page. Mush justifies Dawood Ibrahims killings in Mumbai. I suppose I should not really be surprised that a Pakistani head of state can justify a terrorist act.

http://www.zemtv.com/2012/05/15/front-l ... -may-2012/
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

partha wrote:http://tribune.com.pk/story/382017/pak- ... ge-advice/
Pakistan’s pain is our pain, Pakistan’s happiness is our happiness
In this particular case, one could *literally* say they are joined at the hip.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

Lisa wrote:Watch the third video on this page. Mush justifies Dawood Ibrahims killings in Mumbai. I suppose I should not really be surprised that a Pakistani head of state can justify a terrorist act.

And Mush wanted to use the Indian media to launch his entry to Pakistan. and many Indians were supporting this media publicity for Mush in India.
Pranay
BRFite

Post by Pranay »

Roperia wrote:We need to document this. (Mods/Admins or people with access would probably want to do this.)

A cursory glance at the map will show that nobody in Miranshah, Pakistan can fire any kind of gun and expect the projectile to reach Afghanistan, let alone an individual target there. One needs to take such claims with a degree of reality...
RCase
BRF Oldie

Post by RCase »

Lisa wrote:Watch the third video on this page. Mush justifies Dawood Ibrahims killings in Mumbai. I suppose I should not really be surprised that a Pakistani head of state can justify a terrorist act.

Per Mushy, Dawood Ibrahim, Hafeez Saeed etc. are Pakistan's internal issues... just like OBL, Zawahiri are internal too! Shouldn't there be a bounty on Mushy for aiding and abetting the most wanted terrorists? It is interesting that Mushy, despite his routine lies does slip up and blabs some of the 'real' truths that have been universally known.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Haram ka Tamasha

17 Pak scribes on week-long Mumbai visit from Monday
The purpose of the visit is to promote a philosophy of understanding and tolerance between the two countries by increasing and improving the quality of media content when reporting on each other's country and bilateral issues. his is expected to give a boost to the peace process between the two countries," president of the Mumbai Press Club Gurbir Singh said.This visit comes as a reciprocal to Karachi Press Club and the Pakistan Institute of Labour Education and Research jointly hosting Mumbai Media delegation in November last year, the release issued by the Mumbai Press Club said.The delegation is also scheduled to meet Maharashtra [ Images ] Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan [ Images ] and state Home Minister R R Patil [ Images ]. They will also visit the BSE as well as a couple of newspapers and news channel offices.
The delegates would also be shown prominent landmarks in Mumbai like the Gateway of India [ Images ] and Bandra-Worli Sea Link.On the evening of May 26, they would proceed to Pune where they would visit a media house besides attending events hosted by Sarhad, a prominent NGO from Pune, which is working for Indo-Pak peace[/
b]
(ck the remarks;by Prophet Malmutra (View MyPage) Only a pragmatic leader like Manmohanji can effectively lead India's march into the 21st century.)
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Shouldnt they get to see CS station, Taj and Oberoi?
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

One needs to take such claims with a degree of reality...
I guess as Miranshah is the Capital of N Wazirstan, it would be pretty normal to state what one saw a few miles off it's centre as Miranshah. These claims are absolutely credible because thousands of our own citizens, soldiers witness these maniacs let loose all the time several times a day. Now NATO soldiers in the last few years also have been a witness to the inbred manicas across the border. So it is simply no surprise at all that a Paki too admits it. That is the the point Roperia ji was trying to make.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

I was actually quite impressed by the Paki's in the CNN video. They are putting their POV across quite well including the young boy. They are consistent in their opinions. I really did not find anything negative in that video..good speech, good diction and well laid out points.
Last edited by harbans on 22 May 2012 02:33, edited 1 time in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Gorakhnath Temple attacked in Peshawar
Truly fanatcis.
Islamabad: A historic Hindu temple in Peshawar city of northwest Pakistan, which was re-opened on the orders of a court last year, has been vandalised by unidentified men in the third such attack on the shrine in the past two months.

The attackers burnt pictures inside Gorakhnath Temple and took away idols from the shrine located within an archaeological complex in Gor Gathri area on Sunday, leaders of the Hindu community said.

The shrine’s custodian told the media that this was the third attack on the temple in the past two months. Police officers visited the temple to probe the incident.

Hindu leaders urged police to put in place better security measures to prevent such incidents.

The temple’s custodian told police that he had seen a group of eight men inside the temple when he arrived there at 6:30 p.m.

The men started burning pictures and holy books before fleeing with some idols, he said.

Members of the minority Hindu community rushed to the temple.

Footage on television showed burnt papers and utensils lying strewn on the floor of the temple.

The 160-year-old temple was re-opened for Hindus last year on the orders of the Peshawar High Court. It had been closed since Partition.

The temple was reopened after Phool Wati, the daughter of the shrine’s cleric, petitioned the High Court.

SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

ramana wrote:Shouldnt they get to see CS station, Taj and Oberoi?
And, German Bakery while in Pune ?
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

SSridhar wrote:
ramana wrote:Shouldnt they get to see CS station, Taj and Oberoi?
And, German Bakery while in Pune ?
But that would mean Indians have small hearts.
Shaashtanga
BRFite

Post by Shaashtanga »

I was wondering what might be the logic behind papistani demand of increasing the transport cost per container from USD 250 to 5k USD and Hajam Shady's latest Aapas ki baat episode clarifies that.
According to him, current NATO supplies thru northern distribution network cost upto 85 million USD / month (due to the increased distance) so the Porkis want the same deal but he is also skeptical about it that the porkis will get what they demand so the settlement will be anywhere between 2k to 2.5k per container. I am quiet sure US will agree to Paistani demands to increase the cost per container to atleast 2.5k. What a moronic soopahpower tch tch tch.

url
Sudip
BRFite

Post by Sudip »

Courtsey my n**a Sid
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

http://dawn.com/2012/05/21/three-officials-face-court-martial-over-pns-mehran-base-attack/
Officials of Pakistan Navy on Monday recommended court-martial for three officers allegedly involved in May 22, 2011 attack on PNS Mehran base in Karachi
An investigation committee was constituted after the attack, which after probing for months has recommended to court-martial Base Commander Raja Tahir, Commander of Mehran Base Israr and Lt-Commander Mohammad Absar.(AoA!)

However, the final decision will be taken by the Navy chief and other high ranked officials after going through details of the committee’s recommendation
I am devoloping admiration for paki bahrya.They are so much purer than paki fauj which is supporting deshahgardi only in the sly.I pray to ATM to guide these afsars even more in their imaan,taqwa and jihaad against the jahilliya and shirk and idolatory of the whisky jernails supporting moderately enlighrened Islam.