Internal Security Watch

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Re: Internal Security Watch

Post by brihaspati »

X-posting

there was active intervention from the central regime - more so through its organs of power, not to prevent inflow of muslims from the East. They knew that more East Pak/BD muslims were allowed to infiltrate in that end, the more would the respective non-Muslim societies of WB and BD be cornered and engaged in local fight for survival. It would only engage, absorb, and neuter the Bengalee radicals - on both sides of the "vishwapremik jive prem kare jei jana" love for Muslims/Islam and the anti-Islamic divide.

The Naxalite movement was penetrated and managed well by the rashtryia agencies, and used to both provoke as well as subvert more mainstream political assertion by Bengalees. In fact the strategy was used also by Sk. Mujib to first use/encourage and then massacre the leftist and even non-Islamism based radicals in BD. So, overall, the Indian rashtra managed to destroy the militancy that could have otherwise been harnessed into mainstream politics and used by the regional forces to perhaps become strong enough to become a headache for dynastic coteries of upper UP. At least two whole generations of political brains were destroyed - as well as brains that could have become useful for more more mundane but more productive activities benefiting whole of India.

Who were allowed to survive? Look at the illustrious figures of current Marxist leadership - for example Brinda Karat, was at Calcutta Uni, in the hotbed of conflict, in the hottest period of conflict. Most of the subsequent CPI(M) topcat leadership - the JB brigade of SFI sourced leadership, survived. Even though others of the same movement were qatl-ed - by a combination of throatcutters and uniformed introducers of iron rods into captive naked women.

That society was crushed, with a view to destroy its political class that survived the Partition gameplan - with all the resources a modern semi-totalitarian state under dynastic leadership and coterie arrangements, could manage, taking inspiration from the Brit model.

I have the deepest possible hatred for the Naxalites, because they helped in the Delhite project to destroy all political forces that would not be dependent on the Delhi group. But they could not have done any teetsy-bitsy harm, if the rashtryia management did not do its bit.

They never risked this on the western borders, because that was much closer to their heartland, the land they identify with. Only exception was when they briefly went out of power as part of the lesson taught to them for having gone out of their brief in helping out Mujib and making a nuke blast. That was the only time when they thought of encouraging the same stuff as they had done in WB, as a time tested means of creating trouble for the split polity at the centre then. Once they got back into power- they moved the entire apparatus/model used in WB to the "west" and cleaned up in a similar manner. The Brit policy of selective military highlighting was also a factor. This is one regime with a mortal distrust of the army, and fear of changing well established ethnic structures in it -too.

Add: there have always been bases of RSS/BJP there. That they have survived at all through the vicious rashtryia campaign is a surprise. If people want to believe that no-Indic bases exist there, I think thats good for the movement. 8)
pentaiah
BRFite

Post by pentaiah »

Nano Palkhiwala the great jurist, intellectual, visionary said

How true it is !!!!!! Nani Palkhiwala eminent Lawyer wrote on 16 January

QUOTE:-
"The picture that emerges is that of a great country in a state of moral decay. The immediate future seems to belong to the doomsayers rather than to cheer mongers. We suffer from a fatty degeneration of conscience, and the malady seems to be not only persistent but prone to aggravation. The life style of too many politicians and businessmen bears eloquent testimony to the truth of dictum that the single minded pursuit of money impoverishes the mind, shrivels the imagination and desiccates the heart.

The tricolour fluttering all over the country is black, red and scarlet
- black money, red tape and scarlet corruption
."

My dog sleeps about 20 hours a day.
He has his food prepared for him.
He can eat whenever he wants, 24/7/365.
His meals are provided at no cost to him.
By the way he does not need to pay for medical insurance He visits the doctor once a year for his checkup, and again during the year if any medical needs arise.
For this he pays nothing, and nothing is required of him.
He lives in a nice neighborhood in a house that is much larger than heneeds, but he is not required to do any upkeep. If he makes a mess, someone else cleans it up.
He has his choice of luxurious places to sleep.
He receives these accommodations absolutely free.
He is living like a King, and has absolutely no expenses whatsoever.
All of his costs are picked up by others who go out and earn a living every day. I was just thinking about all this, and suddenly it hit me
like a brick in the head.......

My dog is like the Indian POLITICIAN
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

X post

B,

I have no broad disagreements with you on this. The idea is to teach the Bengalies a lesson for being troublesome/radical and the Assamese for trying to opt out of India. However, they are ostriches as this has serious consequences for other parts of India as well which is why you need a fresh polity to look into the matter ASAP and if necessary use stern measures to counter it. I had high hopes on the NDA when they were in power. They have done a few things for example sanctioning the border fencing, creation of Bodoland autonomous region and amending the citizenship act. But these are not enough. The plan of the central coterie and their local allies should have been nipped in the bud. I hope if the NDA comes to power in 2014 they will take sterner action. Otherwise it may be a lost cause with the demographics irreversibly altered.
member_19686
BRFite

Post by member_19686 »

Latest Victim of Hate Jihad in Kerala - Jithu ; succumbs to death
02/10/2012 06:28:09 HK

Kerala Junior football team Vice Captain Jithu Mohan succumbed to death today.He was doused with Petrol and Set on Fire last week,all because he fell in love with Shabana, a Muslim girl hailing from Chunakkara.He succumbed to death today at Amritha Hospital, Ernakulam

Jithu is the third victim of jihadi terrorism in Kerala in short span of time, followed by Vishal at Chengannur and Sachin at Kannur.

Jithu Mohan is a degree student of SD College. On coming to know about the relationship, the girl’s relatives opposed it and smuggled her to another relative’s house. Following this Jithu gave a habeas corpus in the High Court, following which the girl was produced before court. She was, however, allowed to leave the place with her relatives. Meanwhile Jithu’s friends said that the youth was forcibly taken to the house of Shabana’s sister who resides in Kodungallur by Shabana’s brother in law. Also in league with Shabana’s relative is a Police Officer of AR Camp, Wahab. The incident of setting Jithu afire took place in Wahab’s house.

Hindu organisations have called for Hartal tommorrow in Kodungallur and Mavellikara demanding the arrest of Police officer Wahab and his Jihadi aides.

http://haindavakeralam.com/HKPage.aspx? ... 443&SKIN=K
Any ideas on how constitution will help Hindus in the face of demographic jihad?

Remember India is supposedly "overpopulated" (but it is not "overpopulated" when certain worthies advocate that India import Pakistani Xtians or Ahmadis as "refugees", the message is that it is ONLY Hindu kids who are the burden that India cannot bear) and Hindus having kids is bad, this is what we have been brainwashed into for the last 30-40 years. Kerala Hindus bought into the propaganda more than anyone else and are now facing the consequences.

What does the "constitution" say about Muslim religious leaders who urge their followers to have more kids?

How does voting for BJP or some other party stop a salafist from having 10 kids if he wants?

Yet to hear any answers from constitution worshipers.
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

http://newindianexpress.com/states/kerala/article1283409.ece

Spindian express take.
There are two versions about his ‘immolation.’ The police authorities and some locals near the accident site said that he had poured kerosene over himself and set himself ablaze after his attempt to convince his lover’s relatives turned futile. However, Jithu Mohan told the First Class Magistrate in his dying statement that his lover’s relatives, including a policeman at the Kodungallur AR camp, poured kerosene on him and set him afire in the courtyard of the cop’s house after a conciliatory effort turned futile.

Irinjalakuda DySP Biju Bhasker told Express that according to his dying statement, he was set ablaze by his lover’s relatives. “But as per the information we received from the site of the incident, the youth set himself ablaze frustrated over the behaviour of the girl’s relatives.

“We have registered an FIR in accordance with his statement but would probe the issue from all angles and submit the final report in the court,” he said.
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

http://www.thehindu.com/news/international/they-were-khalistan-sympathisers-says-gen-brar/article3957640.ece
Suddenly four bearded, tough-looking gentlemen — Sikhs wearing black jackets and black clothes pounced on me. One of them held my wife and pushed her against the wall. She fell down and started screaming for help. Three of them charged at me and pulled out a kirpan, a dagger or a knife I can’t remember. There was a scuffle and they tried to assassinate me. They slashed my neck. I fought back … I kicked, I boxed and I wrestled and warded off this attack,” Gen. Brar told NDTV.

The men fled when they saw members of the public coming. The whole thing lasted “maybe one minute,” he said.

It was “obvious,” he said in another interview, that the assailants were Khalistan sympathisers,

SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

I am appalled that there is support for terrorists who sit inside the holiest of the Sikh holy places and carry out terrorism while the army officers and men who took extraordinary steps, including sacrificing their lives, to keep the sanctity of the place in planning every operation to evict the terrorists are hated for 'violating the sanctity' of the Holy shrine. What hypocrisy and bigotry.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

Kind of agree with Lt. Gen Hoon on this one. If four 'tough-looking, bearded' men went after an 80 yr-old man, with knives, he may well have been dead and not just get away with a few stitches and superficial knife wounds.
Ex-Army Lt. Gen. Hoon rules out Khalistani attack on Brar
By ANI | ANI – 8 hours ago

Chandigarh, Oct 2 (ANI): Former Indian army official Lieutenant General (Retd.) P.N. Hoon on Tuesday downplayed reports of a Khalistani attack on Lieutenant General (Retd.) K.S. Brar in London, saying the attackers would have achieved their target if it had been a well-planned attempt.
Lieutenant General (Retd.) Hoon pointed out that even the Scotland Yard and the London Police have not given a report on the unpleasing incident yet.
"I don't think this is too planned an attack because if it was too planned an attack then I would have been very sad because they would have really achieved their target. I would not say it is a Khalistani attack unless all these things are investigated and the whole world comes to know what has happened," said Lieutenant General (Retd.) Hoon.
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/ex-army-lt-gen ... 29264.html
member_19686
BRFite

Post by member_19686 »

Muslims riot in Ahmedabad and destroy property over "Innocence of Muslims" headline says: "Jamalpur Closed Against Hollywood Movie":
I only posted some photos, there are 40 pics at the link.

The news report is in Gujarati script, perhaps some Gujarati speakers here can translate.
nakul
BRFite

Post by nakul »

^^^

I used Google translator
- Eight bikes including police, fire tolame excited Jeep campi
- Foreign film mahamada comments about payangambara bandh against him

Inosansa of Muslims in the name of the American film Kot area of ​​Ahmedabad terrible violence during the protests broke out. Vipharela rioters targeted a police vehicle in ANG campi and sabotage until that prevails in a particular market sarasamana police patrol was burned him.

- 1 The police wounded: 1 pipe bomb falls on police
- 12 bike salagavai
- 2 of persons injured
- 36 tiyaragesa cell chodayam
- 100 tophanini detention
- 200 vehicles damaged

Created a film about the great chief prophet of Islam against the relief road conditions caused the fire bharela. Relief Road to the bandh was on the road to the crowd, which police Tier for the dispersal of gas left. This has led to a mob attack on a police station and had uskerayum. After the mob attack against a police station and a police outpost in the Jeep and campi vanane fire.

Dams led to the outbreak of the storm, injuring six police Kurmi. Mob police van, including Gypsy and campi of 12 vehicles on fire. Relief by vipharela mob burned vehicles were also against cinema. Since the police to control the crowds were leaving 20 Tier gas cell.

The film was shut tight against the Jamalpur area. Store did not open one morning the entire area. The dams on the relief road was friction between the police and the public. Public Tier gas cell to remove the police were forced to withdraw.

Dams in the Jamalpur bandh today morning scenes were created. Karanja police station Relief Road from the area also joined the bandhamam. There was a struggle between police anepablika, which karanja excited mob attacked the police station and in front of the house fire.

Muslim leaders yesterday called for to keep the meeting was not even close chatamaje the Jamalpur area of ​​the shops were closed. However, no shop bandhakaravava people were not forced to stay on the road. But the shops are closed, people can be spontaneous Relief police also took part. Thus, a whole range of people svayambhubandhathi shops were closed. Also yesterday, the only people known to have bought jivanajarurivastuo.
Is Modi becoming complacent?
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

habal wrote:Kind of agree with Lt. Gen Hoon on this one. If four 'tough-looking, bearded' men went after an 80 yr-old man, with knives, he may well have been dead and not just get away with a few stitches and superficial knife wounds.
Ex-Army Lt. Gen. Hoon rules out Khalistani attack on Brar
By ANI | ANI – 8 hours ago

Chandigarh, Oct 2 (ANI): Former Indian army official Lieutenant General (Retd.) P.N. Hoon on Tuesday downplayed reports of a Khalistani attack on Lieutenant General (Retd.) K.S. Brar in London, saying the attackers would have achieved their target if it had been a well-planned attempt.
Lieutenant General (Retd.) Hoon pointed out that even the Scotland Yard and the London Police have not given a report on the unpleasing incident yet.
"I don't think this is too planned an attack because if it was too planned an attack then I would have been very sad because they would have really achieved their target. I would not say it is a Khalistani attack unless all these things are investigated and the whole world comes to know what has happened," said Lieutenant General (Retd.) Hoon.
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/ex-army-lt-gen ... 29264.html

Sorry to say this, but that is an idiotic comment.

To pass someones fvcked up planning as sign of more charitable intentions is plain nonsense. The modus operandi of the assault should not leave anyone in doubt. What those sh*t-heads did not cater for was Lt. General Brar fighting back the way he did. They thought he'll simply roll over and die...and I would not be surprised if these men were some brain-washed Khalistani eager beavers on the lines of Muslim yahoos recruited only for such tasks...had they been veterans, we might have seen a different story.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

To add to what Rohitvatsji said, if it had been a pure robbing attempt they wouldnt have pushed his wife away and pounced on him. The only thing they didnt anticipate from a 78 year old man was a fight and fight did he give
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Op-Ed in Pioneer

http://www.dailypioneer.com/columnists/ ... islam.html

Muslim rage is not about Islam

Mayuri Mukherjee

The outrage and the violent protests organised by Islamists across the world have nothing to do with the supposed desecration of religion. Instead, these incidents are calibrated attempts by so-called religious leaders to firm up their politics, even at the cost of people’s lives

Even before the crowd from the previous protest had returned home, a new mob had gathered on the streets. It had been gaining strength throughout the day as hundreds arrived loaded in trucks and buses, and more people from the outside kept pouring in. Over the next couple of hours, the crowd swelled in numbers and a few local leaders gradually took their position at the helm — soon, they were whipping up outrage against some vaguely defined but provocatively conveyed threat to their religion, their Prophet or their holy book. Timing was the key, so one waited cautiously for the crowd to be sufficiently riled and then, just when the passions peaked, it was let loose like a pack of blood thirsty wolves. What followed was hours, even days, of looting, raiding, pillaging, plundering and killing. Until finally, the security forces showed up and brought the situation somewhat under control.

This is a fairly accurate description of the events as they unfolded in the little Upazila of Ramu, located in the coastal Cox’s Bazar district in Bangladesh’s southern division of Chittagong on September 29 and 30, when Islamists went on the rampage in the area and attacked Buddhist temples and homes, after they discovered a picture of a burnt Quran on Facebook that was alleged ‘tagged’ to a local Buddhist boy.

According to the latest reports available, at least 12 temples were desecrated and nearly 50 Buddhist homes systematically destroyed. But the moot point here lies not in the details of this heinous incident that has deeply scarred Bangladesh’s socio-religious fabric but in the fact that the description applies to almost any ‘Muslim protest’ that has erupted in recent times in response to a supposed act of religious outrage.

Indeed, instead of Ramu Upazila, the narrative can just as easily be placed in Masuri village in Uttar Pradesh here in India, where a similar crowd went berserk and brutally attacked the local police station after someone found pages torn out of the Quran by the railway tracks last month. The narrative also fits well in many other places — from Mumbai’s Azad Maidan where a crowd protesting atrocities against Muslims in Burma and elsewhere went on a rampage to the US Embassy compound in Benghazi where an armed mob protesting a shoddily-made, obscure anti-Islamic film killed the American Ambassador to Libya.

Look closely and a clear pattern of pre-meditated violence that emerges through each of these cases is unmistakable. The cause of the violence and the outrage here is inconsequential. It can be anything — a book that nobody has heard of, a movie that nobody has seen because it was never publicly released, a photograph that is quite possibly doctored, a quote that remains unattributed, a conspiracy theory or even a cartoon. It doesn’t matter. What matters is how, and of course with what result, that singular instance of outrage (real or imagined) is perverted so as to make it look like it is a universal insult to Islam and its 1.7 billion followers around the world.

First, the Islamists go all out to introduce that supposed object of religious insult — almost always an obscure one — to their local audience. Then, they systemically manufacture outrage against that same object. The campaign is almost always framed within the narrative of a victim-community; a community that has been and continues to be wronged by the world. Ridiculous as it may sound, the idea of being at the receiving end of a global conspiracy is particularly tempting and as we know from past experience, hugely effective. Finally, what serves as an icing on the cake is the fact that Islamists, almost everywhere in the world, are an especially well-organised group. This automatically allows them mobilise large sections of the population and mount an effective campaign.

In other words, the bottomline here is that the protests may be hinged around an Islamic (or more specifically, anti-Islamic) subject, but in reality they have little to do with religion. Instead, the issue is of politics and power-play. Religion is merely an excuse used by the Islamists to whip up passion and mobilise social groups so that they can ultimately implement the latter’s agenda. Indeed, this is an argument that even Muslims political observers themselves have made. For instance, Mr Husain Haqqani, Pakistan’s former Ambassador to the US, in his recently published article on ‘Muslim rage’ minces no words when he says, “The phenomenon of outrage over insults to Islam and its final Prophet is a function of modern-era politics. It started during Western colonial rule, with Muslim politicians seeking issues to mobilize their constituents… and Islamists emerged to claim that Islam is not merely a religion but also a political ideology.”

Indeed, Mr Haqqani traces back an early prototype of this kind of mass mobilisation within the Muslim world to a book published in British India back in 1927. Titled Rangeela Rasool (Playboy Prophet), it was a “salacious version of Muhammad’s life”, says Mr Haqqani, but “hardly a bestseller”. In fact, much the like anti-Islamic film that today is all the rage, so to say, this book too went largely unnoticed until two years after its publication when some Muslim politicians raised a hue and cry over it. The British Government of the day even arrested and tried the publisher but he was acquitted — only to be later stabbed to death by one Ilmuddin, an illiterate carpenter known only by his first name, in Lahore. Ilmuddin soon became a local hero of sorts. Islamist groups nicknamed him Ghazi (warrior) and he was defended in court by a man no less than Mohamed Ali Jinnnah (although on purely technical grounds, as Mr Haqqani points out in his essay). The book continued to be a polarising point between the Hindus and Muslims of undivided India and exacted its price in blood during Partition as well.

It is interesting to note that it was after this case of Ilmuddin that the British amended the Indian Penal Code to include punishment for blasphemy and incitement of religious hatred. It is equally ironical that a little less than a century later, another young man would once again share Ilmuddin’s fate and how! In January 2011, Mumtaz Qadri would also be celebrated as a national hero for killing Salman Taseer, the powerful Pakistani Governor of Punjab would had dared to opposed his country’s draconian blasphemy laws.

The lessons to be learnt from the past and the present are clear. These protests, wherever they may erupt, are not just a product of politics disguised as religion, but that they must be exposed as such.

The moment the state begins to legitimise such violence as being a genuine case of religious grievance; it loses the plot and half the battle. The Bangladeshi Government realises this, which is why the whole deal about the Facebook picture was underplayed. The Pakistani Government on the other hand doesn’t get it at all and so, it had the Ishq-e-Rasool day, during which several persons where killed. India must learn its lessons from all this and stop pampering hardliners.
In India is the police is allowed to take a hard stance against the roiters the ruling party politicians themselves will come and lead protests against police brutality.

The fact tat anti-film riots against a non existent film have happened in Gujarat close to election times shows there is a political angle to it.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Ramanaji,

The new buzzword is that Islamists are misusing Islam to fight local political fights, and Islam has nothing to do that.

That is the most oxymoronic argument the secularists have comeup with till now. Ofcource they have been outdoing themselves time again.

This issue with this is that Islam can be misused as long as thefe is even the minutest real or perceived injustice for/by the believers.

This is nothing but Islam (victim mentality until the non-believers are killed/converted and then green on green).
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Proof of minorities living in fear in Gujarat.

More pictures here.

http://deshgujarat.com/2012/10/04/in-pi ... ican-film/
member_23677
BRFite

Government to review security of Bluestar veterans

Post by member_23677 »

NEW DELHI: The Centre will review security of all senior serving\retired Army personnel and police officers, who were connected to counter-terrorism operations in Punjab, and also decided to relocate Lt Gen (retired) K S Brar, who survived an assassination attempt in London on Sunday, from Mumbai to an undisclosed location and upgrade his security.

"We will do an overall review of all such senior personnel and urge states for providing\upgrading security of serving\retired officers considering the actual threat perception in the backdrop of what happened to Brar," said a senior home ministry official. He said Brar would also be de-briefed by security and intelligence officials in the light of the London incident. National Investigation Agency (NIA) officials, who have been probing a case against the separatist Babbar Khalsa International (BKI) may also talk to him to find out how his itinerary could be leaked to militant groups, he added.

Though many retired officers, who led various operation against militants, had been given security as per the threat perception, most of them had to lose the cover during constant review of their security with passage of time.

Reviewing the security of Brar, who had led the Operation Blue Star against Sikh militants in Golden Temple in Amritsar in 1984, home ministry officials on Wednesday said no communication was received from the Army about his travel plan. Brar, however, said he had informed the Army authorities in Mumbai about his trip to London.
The officials said an immediate need was felt for relocating the Army official as his present location had been exposed to Khalistani terrorists. His security is also likely to be upgraded to Z-plus category from the existing Z category, they added.

Brar and his wife were attacked by four youth near Hyde Park in London on Sunday night. Though the Indian government has yet to get any formal communication from London about the incident, intelligence agencies here suspect the plot to attack the highly-decorated officer was planned in Germany. "There have been reports that the attack on Brar was planned in Germany on June 6 on Operation Blue Star anniversary. We are ascertaining the facts," a security official said.

Last month, Intelligence Bureau chief Nehchal Sandhu had said due to external support, terrorist groups, including those focusing on Punjab and neighbouring states, were likely to pose a challenge.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 662965.cms
member_23677
BRFite

Post by member_23677 »

Sushupti wrote:Proof of minorities living in fear in Gujarat.

More pictures here.

http://deshgujarat.com/2012/10/04/in-pi ... ican-film/
The pigs are out in full colour it seems, hmmm... so a political chakkajam, innocent muslims & co.'s annual drama, and the ignorance of the blissful majority towards the country... sounds like a perfect recipe for civil war to me :|
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

http://www.thehindu.com/news/states/other-states/maharashtra-to-step-up-security-for-brar/article3962496.ece
Chandigarh Special Correspondent reports:

The Congress criticised the Bharatiya Janata Party’s “opportunistic silence” on the attack on Gen. Brar in London.

In a statement in Chandigarh, Punjab unit general secretary Arvind Khanna said it wasn’t for the first time the BJP preferred political opportunism to national interest. Earlier, it kept quiet when the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee started construction of a memorial for those killed in Operation Blue Star within the precincts of the Golden Temple.
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/g ... 962008.ece
“On Facebook, they have opened ‘Hate Brar’ and ‘Kill Brar’ clubs. They are sending messages to each other that we need to kill him. If you Google my name, you will see the number of threats that are coming to me. This is something which I have to live with. I can’t afford to be frightened. I can’t go into a shell. I have to take care of myself. At the same time, I have to express my views strongly and forcefully on these matters particularly where national security and unity are concerned,” he said.

“I will cut down my movements and I will be a little more careful and alert. But you don’t know from where they will come,” he said.

Criticising the building of a monument inside the Golden Temple in the name of those who died in Operation Blue Star, he said: “Are they martyrs? I call them murderers, criminals, terrorists. They are not martyrs and you are honouring them, their families. The top politicians of the Akali Dal, the Chief Minister are attending these functions. They are not stopping it. The Centre says it cannot intervene because this is a State subject. What State subject? If it affects national security and unity, then State subject is not a State subject. The Centre has to step in and stop it. Otherwise, we are going back to the early 1980s.”

On the other hand, no monuments were being built for soldiers and Army personnel going beyond their call of duty to protect national integrity and sovereignty, he felt.

He said the Centre should urge U.K. authorities to curb pro-Khalistan activities.

“Every year on June 6, on the anniversary of Blue Star they have processions, demonstrations in various parts of London. They come out with placards; they demand Khalistan and pledge to kill me. This happens every year. So they are very active there. They are the ones who provide the support, the money to the people here in India. Our government should be able to have the U.K. government stop all this nonsense.”

On the removal of his security cover during the National Democratic Alliance regime, he said.Is this true or typical chindu goebbelsian prpoganda
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

The Gujarat protests are a handi work of Congress. They are teasing NM.
nakul
BRFite

Post by nakul »

RamaY wrote:The Gujarat protests are a handi work of Congress. They are teasing NM.
How will allowing them to happen help NM. His ability to stem them have given him a strong reputation. Hopefully, he does not fall into the psec trap.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

^^^ "teasing" NM, eh? Cute phraseology. More like baiting him, I'd say. And he's too wise to walk into the trap. He'll hit back alrite, at a time and place of his choosing. And it'll be a memorable jhapad too, like always.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Indeed.

The Congress wallahs are losing touch with the needs of modern India. NM is more in tune, IMHO.

My only concern is that a tendency for hero-worship (never a healthy thing in politics) may be nurtured. I hope not.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Dear fellow Gujaratis,

It is elections time and time for reflection of past five years.

I understand your anguish at some american video insulting your prophet. But I request you to think how your burning few buses, shops here and killing few fellow Indians will stop or punish an American sitting far away in the USA. If you keep destroying your home, our Bharat, every time someone does/say something about the prophet somewhere in the world, then I can assure you that you will have not a single peaceful day for you and your children in India, because you can find one or the other objectionable material/news coming from one or the other corner of the earth every single day, hour.

In addition to destroying your own homes, your anguish is also disturbing and destroying the lives of your fellow Indians. As a leader of this society/Rashtra I have a responsibility to protect the interests of all Gujaratis, be it Hindus or Muslims or someone else. I cannot allow your anguish at a far away perpetrator stop me from doing my duty to you.

This is a law-and-order situation and the government will treat it so, with all its full force.
Vasu
BRFite

Post by Vasu »

where is this from??
Anand K
BRFite

Post by Anand K »

Vernacular media reports 3 men and a women arrested (from Volver, Hampton and Bromwich) for the assault on Lft. Gen. Brar.
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

RamaY wrote:
Dear fellow Gujaratis,

It is elections time and time for reflection of past five years.

I understand your anguish at some american video insulting your prophet. But I request you to think how your burning few buses, shops here and killing few fellow Indians will stop or punish an American sitting far away in the USA. If you keep destroying your home, our Bharat, every time someone does/say something about the prophet somewhere in the world, then I can assure you that you will have not a single peaceful day for you and your children in India, because you can find one or the other objectionable material/news coming from one or the other corner of the earth every single day, hour.

In addition to destroying your own homes, your anguish is also disturbing and destroying the lives of your fellow Indians. As a leader of this society/Rashtra I have a responsibility to protect the interests of all Gujaratis, be it Hindus or Muslims or someone else. I cannot allow your anguish at a far away perpetrator stop me from doing my duty to you.

This is a law-and-order situation and the government will treat it so, with all its full force.
From NaMo? Hope not.
Anand K
BRFite

Post by Anand K »

There are reports that Riaz, the right-hand man of C.M.A. Basheer was captured by a RAW squad in Dubai. The report mentioned that a 15 man team led by a DIG (deputed to RAW?) and aided by the UAE Govt caught this sh1theel, who was disguised as an Arap, in a hotel. He's now in Mumbai Police custody.
CMA Basheer is one of the most prominent IM leaders and apparently runs all operations in S. India. He's been in the game far longer than most of his compatriots and is a major target of a manhunt.

Strange I didn't see the news in the TFPE national news channels.
D Roy
BRFite

Post by D Roy »

And it should not either. the gulf wants to keep all counter-terrorism cooperation quiet.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^ Woah, right hand man of C.A.M Basheer is indeed a big catch.

Good that no news of this is leaked out and only a small snippet comes out a year or 2 later mentioning about some Riaz being caught in a Mumbai/Kerala/xyz bus stop on a minor offence.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

D Roy wrote:And it should not either. the gulf wants to keep all counter-terrorism cooperation quiet.
+1. The Arabs seems to helping out Indian agencies time and again, but we should be sensitive enough to understand that they also have their local compulsions. The Middle East agencies do not want India to talk to the whole town that these agencies were helping us. A couple of times we just did that and one country (Saudi Arabia??) has already started to go slow.
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

Good news if true. Any idea which paper reported this?
Anand K
BRFite

Post by Anand K »

^^
All major Mallu e-papers as of yesterday night. Dunno if it was reported in the paper papers. Can't find it today.....
Anand K
BRFite

Post by Anand K »

Just got these two links.... Malayalam though. The report containing details of the operation, like name of the IPS officer who led the team, ain't there anymore..... these reports are about what case Riyaz Mian is booked under.

IM Leader C. Riyaz Captured in Dubai

C. Riyaz remanded to police custody

PS: To add insult to (perhaps Kerala Police's deep urethral invasive investigation) injury, he has been booked for keeping 1 kg of Ammonium Nitrate in his home. Heh.... just like they finally got Capone for tax evasion!
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

Sachin wrote:
D Roy wrote:And it should not either. the gulf wants to keep all counter-terrorism cooperation quiet.
+1. The Arabs seems to helping out Indian agencies time and again, but we should be sensitive enough to understand that they also have their local compulsions. The Middle East agencies do not want India to talk to the whole town that these agencies were helping us. A couple of times we just did that and one country (Saudi Arabia??) has already started to go slow.
The moment I hear these keep "quiet", my alarm bells go off.

This is an indication that these are all tactical alliances only. It means that the "street" or the mango local of that area is completely against that cooperation and the elites are using these cooperation as a back up - taqqiya only. The only correct way to deal with this is, the cooperation of yesterday is going to be the last cooperation. Never expect these turds to cooperate tomorrow and places all your pawns betting on that.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

^^^Also, our own agencies could well plant less than true stories of arrests and captures in order to get suspects to move or flee or attempt communication or otherwise take action that compromises them.
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by abhishek_sharma »

devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/NEWS/news ... wsid=19689

Massive fundraising campaign in west by Sikh separatists to revive terrorism in Punjab

An extensive fundraising campaign is being undertaken by secessionist Sikh groups in Europe and North America at the instance of Pakistan's ISI to revive terrorism in Punjab.

Sources in security agencies have informed about movement of banned Babbar Khalsa International (BKI) and Khalistan Commando Force (KCF) terror groups in western countries with the aim to radicalise Sikh youth by showing them doctored footage of Operation Bluestar and other propaganda materials.

The attack on Lt Gen (retd) KS Brar who led Operation Blue Star and disruption of Indian Independence Day celebrations in London this year too were the results of such activities of anti-India elements, the sources said.

They said overground workers of these terror groups were targeting Sikh youths born and brought up in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany and Belgium.

Besides BKI and KCF, radical groups like Dal Khalsa and International Sikh Youth Federation were also working to radicalize the youth and made their members, they alleged.

The sources said in the name of fighting the cause of Khalistan, funds are being raised from Sikhs settled there and the next generation youths are being lured into the ideology of the extremist groups.

The most worrying part is whenever any anti-India meeting or protest demonstration is organised like the anniversary of Operation Bluestar on June 6, there have been significant presence of Pakistani origin people who actively participate and share thoughts of Khalistan ideology.

Besides, there are more than 50 social networking groups and over 20 websites which propagate independent Khalistan and openly encouraging revival of the movement.

"These are disturbing developments. We want foreign governments to curb these anti-India elements.

"But unfortunately, due to the liberal policies of these countries, no significant step has been taken so far against these groups," a source said.

would be good to know who these "sources" are.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

^^^^
Is it because J&K terrorism is getting nowhere.
usually ROP terrorists do well than of different religions.
In some ways good news, in a different way bad news.
Anand K
BRFite

Post by Anand K »

Long time back the Exile said that TSP exert great power over many expat/PIO Sikhs as the former has many relics and shrines/buildings which hold religious significance for the Sikhs. The most TSP-pasand ones can also be put in charge of these shrines/museums and can get "attractive remuneration" also. Are there arrangements like that now? I mean, who's exactly running Nanakana Sahib or Panjvin Patshahi Gurudwara or the dozens of Gurudwaras in TSP? Won't they use their authority to influence other Sikhs in their travels or Pilrimages to India/EU/US?

Young Sikh PIOs growing outside India need not be attached to *India*, right? With suitable propagandu and wink-nudge from Briturds and Americans/Canadians they could be useful pawns in the game. And a lot of the BKI/ISYF fled to these countries during the 80s right? These are the kind of people who run taxis with Free Khalistan themes and take their kids along to disrupt August 15 celebrations.
:(