Mumbai Terrorist Attack-News stories and timeline

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Re: Mumbai Terrorist Attack-News stories and timeline

Post by krisna »

sum wrote:^^ Did he anyways reach EOL because of the Dengue he was suffering from?
No in short.
dengue does not always kill. it is usually a mild viral infection. only a few develop serious complications and among those unfortunate chosen few unfortunately a few die.

this pig was hale and hearty.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Was this the reason why india voted against cap punishment
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Ajmal Kasab reovers from fever no signs of dengue- news on Nov 5th, same day mercy petition rejected :)

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/ajma ... 27725.html
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

To be honest, my respect to GoI has gone up a bit today. With the recent episode of Israel kicking the back side of Palestine for good, I was seeing real frusturation of Indian people in social media. "gut less", "spineless" etc. were the most common ephithets used by people to show the frusturation with the government. In that background, I feel GoI did finally take an action. What I really liked was:-
1. Keeping the whole plan a closely guarded secret. The whole issue was not even appearing in newspapers (compare this with the case of RG's killers)
2. Smoothly executing this, without even giving a chance for the human rights brigade to open their mouth. Yeah, there would be lots of rona & dhona tomorrow, but the bird has flown from the cage.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

I think he never had dengue fever. For the last two days he was moved then placed in isolation, so to avoid speculation, they must have spread the rumor that he had fever.
Gautam
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/prez- ... 121121.htm
"Prez Pranab sealed Kasab's fate on November 5
Although Kasab's faith states that he shall be buried, in this case it would be cremated by the jail authorities if there is no claim by any of his relatives. There shall be no public glare of the cremation and in all possibility it is likely to take place this evening itself."
Does this mean no 72 virgins for him?
Gautam
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Abhijit Majumder: Somewhere, 72 virgins are cursing Pranab Mukherjee today. #Kasab
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Hope rule-of-law will apply in 26/11 case in Pak court: Kurshid
“Frankly speaking, we have allowed rule of law to prevail (in the case of Ajmal Kasab). Similarly we hope rule of law will be followed in Pakistan. There is not vast difference between the criminal procedures in India and Pakistan,” External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid told reporters here.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

krishnan wrote:
Abhijit Majumder: Somewhere, 72 virgins are cursing Pranab Mukherjee today. #Kasab
I think the jury is still out on whether he went to jannat or jahannum.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

krishnan wrote:
Of course! People who go through vir-gati go to heaven.

Kasab went through suar-gati and is in hell and will be reborn gadfly.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

I am appalled by references to GoI's determination and resolve in hanging Kasab. No doubt that GoI did a good job of hanging five days before the fourth anniversary of 26/11, but for the government to crow over that as though they have done something that was impossible to do, is obnoxious, to say the least. Can any government, worth its salt, not execute a person who was caught red handed, who waged a war along with nine others and killed over 170 innocent people in cold blood, maimed a lot more and held the city hostage for three days ?
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

Finally!! I hope the video of his hanging will be "leaked" to media. I liked the secrecy and avoid all crazies in undie tv and their ilk.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

President moves files on Afzal Guru: TV reports: CNN IBN reports that President Pranab Mukherjee has sent 12 files to Home minister Sushil Kumar Shinde for his recommendation. Government sources tell the channel that a decision on Afzal Guru can be expected soon.
http://news.rediff.com/commentary/2012/ ... pdates.htm
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

SS,
It does bring closure. Contrast to the Khalid Sheikh Mobs and his ilk languishing in Git mo.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Ramana, KSM and his conspirators were not caught red handed as Kasab was. There, the prosecutors have to connect the dots and prove that KSM was the one who actually planned and executed 9/11. In Kasab's case, he was a foot soldier and was caught in the act. There are first person accounts, photos, video footages from various places, his own confession to a magistrate without coercion and in private, other material evidence etc and above all the smoking gun itself to prove his guilt in the war he let loose on India. KSM has to be compared with Professor saheb and the PA/ISI officers who planned, funded and executed this. In that sense, there is no closure.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Altair wrote:Finally!! I hope the video of his hanging will be "leaked" to media. I liked the secrecy and avoid all crazies in undie tv and their ilk.
I dont think this would happen. Because in India first of all the condemned prisoner's face would be covered by a black cloth. Only bear minimum people would be there in the execution room (most likely the jailor, the executioner, a doctor and an executive magistrate). Guess none would have a chance to move around with cell phone cameras, like what happened with Saddam.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Kasab was aware of his last day
Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorist Ajmal Kasab, who was hanged early this morning, was aware of the date on which he was to be executed and had been made to sign his death warrant before being moved to the Pune jail on November 19.

According to official sources, a senior jail official read out the death warrant to Kasab at his cell and also informed him that his clemency petition had been rejected by President Pranab Mukherjee.

After reading out his death warrant, Kasab, who was part of the 10-member Lashkar group that carried out the dastardly attack on November 26, 2008, was asked to sign it which he did, the sources said.

Later, he was taken by the Yerwada Jail police and the local police was kept out of the loop to maintain secrecy of the operation.

Barring a couple of officers, the 200-strong contingent of ITBP, which has been guarding him since March 2009, had been kept out of loop about his transfer to Pune jail.

The sources said the ITBP jawans continued to guard the empty high-security cell, which had been housing 25-year-old Kasab.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

I was just wondering why the whine fest has not started, most probably by the WKK brigade. I did not have to wait for long. We need to ask folks like these a simple question. Do they have any immediate/close relative who has been victim of terrorism, worked in the defence forces, border security agencies or the police?
India snuffs out Kasab’s life(M.K Bhadrakumar)
The vast majority of world opinion abhors meting out death penalty for any crime. This majority includes countries such as Russia, Israel UK and Germany that have been victims of terrorism. But Indian stands with stony hearts like the United States, China, Pakistan and Iran.

Kasab's last words: Allah 'kasam, aisi ghalati dobara nahi hogi'
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

Sachin wrote:
Altair wrote:Finally!! I hope the video of his hanging will be "leaked" to media. I liked the secrecy and avoid all crazies in undie tv and their ilk.
I dont think this would happen. Because in India first of all the condemned prisoner's face would be covered by a black cloth. Only bear minimum people would be there in the execution room (most likely the jailor, the executioner, a doctor and an executive magistrate). Guess none would have a chance to move around with cell phone cameras, like what happened with Saddam.
the saddam video was barbaric and completely undignified for a civilised nation state such as India - if a video of kasab's end does exist, it should never see the light of day

despite all our problems, we are better than 'them'
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

I don't think anyone in our sarkari system will dare to make a cellphone video of the hanging. All hell will break loose on any such person.
I don't think any of our netas would have derived any sadistic pleasure of watching an official video of this guy's hanging.
Such are our sarkari rules, carried out in triplicate - no video unless the jail manual or court or the home ministry orders it.
Besides this was a sensitive issue, carried out in secrecy. The officers and babus would have been very strict.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Kasab's being a very important case in Pakistan-sponsored terrorism, I hope that an official recording of his hanging exists, just not a grainy mobile phone video footage as in Saddam's case. Knowing Pakistan and its penchant for conspiracy theories, GoI might need this recording. Of course, we expect GoI to have done this keeping dignity and solemness of such an event in mind.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Sridhar ji,
Even in saddam's case, there was a proper official video recording. Only the non gory part was released to the media.
The rest was the cellphone recording.
But Saddam was a huge dictator who had ordered the killing of thousands, and in the end he was taken out by the americans. Many people would have wanted to see his end in High Def 1080 p.
Somehow I don't think any netaji wants to see this common thief's end.
But there probably is an official recording of the hanging, I am sure. And we won't get to see it.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

SSridhar wrote:Knowing Pakistan and its penchant for conspiracy theories, GoI might need this recording.
If I am not mistaken there is a well established process for this. See, Kasab himself was shown his death warrant and had to sign in it. Next, there would be a doctor who would medically examine him before being taken out of the condemned cell. And this is also documented. Next after the execution, the body is continued to hang for a stipulated time, and doctor formally confirms the death. Perhaps in this case, a post mortem may also have got done with the conditions of death by judicial execution noted in it. And photographs of the body (in laid down state) may also be taken for the records.
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

SSridhar wrote:Kasab's being a very important case in Pakistan-sponsored terrorism, I hope that an official recording of his hanging exists, just not a grainy mobile phone video footage as in Saddam's case. Knowing Pakistan and its penchant for conspiracy theories, GoI might need this recording. Of course, we expect GoI to have done this keeping dignity and solemness of such an event in mind.
Any circulation of such a video would make entire Indian media turn into a 3-ring circus,with JNU walas and SIMI types in the mixture providing entertainment.

This is suffice to say that this kind of video will be released by GoI when they have a major Scam unearthed and they need deflecting strategy.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Altair wrote:Indian media turn into a 3-ring circus,with JNU walas and SIMI types in the mixture providing entertainment.
:lol: I am just waiting to check into Facebook.com. I expect some heart breaking cries by the commie pseudo-secular brigade. Israel, Palestine, Hindu Fasicsm all now would be brought forward. Oh.. yes, and the CIA, Mossad and perhaps RAW as well.
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

This is indeed good news. But as expected those who are in darkness continue to go into more darkness.

Ajmal Kasab's execution: Taliban shocked, Lashkar says he will 'inspire' more attacks
ISLAMABAD: Mohammad Ajmal Kasab who was executed in Pune's Yerwada jail on Wednesday for his role in the 26/11 Mumbai massacre four years back, was a "hero" who will inspire more attacks, said a senior commander of the Pakistani militant group accused of masterminding the attack.

"He was a hero and will inspire other fighters to follow his path," the commander of Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) told Reuters by telephone from an undisclosed location.

Kasab was the lone survivor of the terrorist squad that killed 166 people in a rampage through Mumbai in 2008.

Taliban 'shocked'

Pakistan's Taliban movement expressed shock on Wednesday over India's execution of Kasab.

"There is no doubt that it's very shocking news and a big loss that a Muslim has been hanged on Indian soil," Taliban spokesman Ihsanullah Ihsan told Reuters.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Sachin wrote:
SSridhar wrote:Knowing Pakistan and its penchant for conspiracy theories, GoI might need this recording.
If I am not mistaken there is a well established process for this. See, Kasab himself was shown his death warrant and had to sign in it. Next, there would be a doctor who would medically examine him before being taken out of the condemned cell. And this is also documented. Next after the execution, the body is continued to hang for a stipulated time, and doctor formally confirms the death. Perhaps in this case, a post mortem may also have got done with the conditions of death by judicial execution noted in it. And photographs of the body (in laid down state) may also be taken for the records.
I agree. There is not much in rumors of kasab the barbarian to die in dengue etc.
Last edited by vishvak on 21 Nov 2012 18:30, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie
BRFite

Post by Charlie »

Sachin wrote:
Altair wrote:Indian media turn into a 3-ring circus,with JNU walas and SIMI types in the mixture providing entertainment.
:lol: I am just waiting to check into Facebook.com. I expect some heart breaking cries by the commie pseudo-secular brigade. Israel, Palestine, Hindu Fasicsm all now would be brought forward. Oh.. yes, and the CIA, Mossad and perhaps RAW as well.

Your wait is over. Shivam Vij at rediff just published this deplorable bile where he cries for Kasab and asks justice for samjouta, 92, Gujarath, Kashmir and everything under the sickular sun that we have come to expect.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Charlie wrote:Shivam Vij at rediff just published this deplorable bile where he cries for Kasab and asks justice for samjouta, 92, Gujarath, Kashmir and everything under the sickular sun that we have come to expect.
On Why Ajmal Amir Kasab Should be Hanged - Blog written 2½ years back.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

While its good riddance to this Kesab filth, what f%^&ing justice is this when the main perpetrators are still sitting pretty at the GHQ in Rawilpindi? What justice is this with Hafeez pig sitting pretty under TSPA protection and now even US seems to be making up with him? And finally, is it not puke worthy that India has embarked on a piss process with these perpetrators?

Its not worth posting the AP or Reuters report on this hanging. Far from any moral outrage at the barbarity, its was the usual Hindu India and Islamic TSP have fought 4 wars bla bla. But the equal equal point they made even on this hanging was telling. Both India and TSP are relieved at the hanging according to them. Why? Because according to some TSP Talat choot they quoted in the report, TSP was "embarrassed" by the attack, not the attack itself, but because their hand was exposed. The attack itself was a success because it caused embarrassement to India as well as 10 TSP blokes came on a dinghy boat made a joke out of India's security apparatus.
Last edited by CRamS on 21 Nov 2012 19:05, edited 1 time in total.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Kasab's home village angry, lashes out at India
Farmers in the village of the Pakistani gunman executed Wednesday for the 2008 Mumbai massacre lashed out at India and hounded out journalists who asked about their notorious son.

"We don't like anyone being given capital punishment. It is better to pardon," farmer Ghulam Mustafa Wattoo, 50, told AFP.

"India is Pakistan's enemy and wants to weaken our country. We have no interest whatsoever in what India did with Kasab," he added.

Many people denied Kasab was one of theirs, quickly becoming hostile when asked to talk about the gunman and preventing photographers from taking pictures.

Villagers later surrounded local and foreign media teams, accusing them of defaming the village and forcing them to leave after trying to snatch cameras, an AFP reporter said.

Two years ago, they had angrily denounced the conviction of Kasab, the only gunman to survive the November 2008 bloodbath that killed 166 people in Mumbai.

On Wednesday villagers again lashed out at India, Pakistan's arch-rival.

"This is a conspiracy against Pakistan. India deliberately implicated Pakistan to get it declared a terrorist state," said landlord Muhammad Zaman, 50.

Ghulab Khan, 70 and unemployed, suggested Pakistan should respond tit-for-tat. "Pakistan should also hang an Indian incarcerated in a Pakistani jail," he told AFP.

In Islamabad, the government was also tight-lipped.
Charlie
BRFite

Post by Charlie »

This one is a keeper

Kasab ki Aunt
This news is hell for us," Shahnaz Sughra, Kasab's aunt, told Reuters by phone. "...Even if he did something wrong, we just want his body. Even if he did something wrong, I am proud that he taught the enemy a lesson in their own country.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Sachin wrote: If I am not mistaken there is a well established process for this. .
Here is the actual laid down procedure which Jail Authority would follow in execution of Warrant of Death Sentence. also known as Execution Warrant.
Action on final confirmation of sentence

11.44. The State Government shall fix the date of execution if Mercy Petition is rejected.

11.45. On receipt from the Government of the final confirmation and the date of execution of the prisoner sentenced to death:-
(i) the prisoner and his relatives will be informed about the date of execution by the Superintendent, and
(ii) The prisoner’s will may be prepared in accordance with his wish.

Note: No prisoner sentenced to death shall be executed on a public holiday.

Arrangement for execution

11.46. On receipt of the date of execution of the prisoner, the Superintendent shall be authorized to fix the time of execution
sufficiently in advance. A report intimating the time of the execution shall be sent to the Inspector General, the Sessions Judge and the Government.

Note:- The execution shall take place early in the morning before it gets bright. The latest time of the day for different seasons will be in accordance with orders passed separately by the Government.

11.47. The Executive Engineer shall arrange the inspection of the gallows every quarter and before the date of a hanging as and when intimated by the Superintendent.

11.48. The Medical Officer shall report in the medical report about the drop to be given to the prisoner at least four days before the date on which the prisoner is to be executed.

11.49. The Medical Officer of the prison shall work out the details of the length of the drop to be given to a prisoner on principles shown below:-
(i) if the prisoner weighs less than 100 lbs. or 45 kgs, he should be given a drop of 8 feet or 2.5 mtrs.;

(ii) If the prisoner weighs from 100 to 133 lbs. or 45 to 60 kgs, he should be given a drop of 7 feet 8 inches or 2.3 mtrs.

(iii) If the prisoner weighs more than 133 lbs. or 60 kgs, but not more than 166 lbs. or 75 kgs, he should be given a drop of 7 feet or 2.2 mtrs.;

(iv) if the prisoner weighs more than 166 lbs. or 75 kgs. but not more than 200 lbs. or 91 kgs, he should be given a drop of 6 feet 6 inches or 2 mtrs.;

(v) if the prisoner weighs more than 200 lbs. or 91 kgs, he should be given a drop of 6 feet 1.83 mtrs.;

11.50. Provided that so long as the extreme limits of 6 feet or 1.83 mtrs on the one hand and 8 feet or 2.5 mtrs on the other hand are adhered to if, owing to physical peculiarity of the prisoner, the Medical Officer is of opinion that the drop should be increased or decreased, effect should be given to the Medical Officer’s opinion.

Note:- The above calculations are based on the assumption that the execution rope will be made of cotton yarn / manila of 1 inch to 1-½ inches or 2.59 to 3.81 cms Diameter.

11.51. The following measures shall be adopted regarding the fixing of the length of the rope to permit the required drop. The height of the prisoner to the angle of the jaw immediately below the left ear shall be accurately measured, as should also be the height from the drop shutter, when fixed in position, to the lower portion of the ring in the beam to which the rope will be affixed. These two measurements will determine the distance when the prisoner is standing in position on the drop, from the point of the latter’s jaw to the ring in the beam. The measurement of the prisoners neck shall also be carefully taken, the neck measurement and the height measurement to angle of jaw being carried out immediately after the prisoner has been admitted. The length of rope for any given drop shall be the length of the drop plus the distance from the angle of the prisoner’s jaw to the ring in the beam.

11.52. The gallows shall be inspected and the rope tested in the presence of the Superintendent the evening before the execution; he being personally responsible that these arrangements are properly made. A new rope need not necessarily be used for every execution but the Superintendent shall see that the rope is carefully tested. As a rule, a dummy or a bag of sand weighing 1½ times the weight of the prisoner, hung and dropped between 6 and 8 feet or 1.83 and 2.50 mtrs. will afford a safe test of the rope. Two spare ropes for each prisoner shall always be kept ready in reserve on the scaffold to meet any contingency.

11.53. Wax / butter shall be applied to the loop of the rope. After testing, the ropes and other equipment shall be securely locked and
sealed in a steel box and shall be kept in charge of the Deputy Superintendent.

Venue and presence of officers and others

11.54. All executions shall take place at the prison to which the warrant is directed, unless expressly ordered otherwise. Executions
shall usually be carried out in a special enclosure attached to, or within the walls, of the prison.

11.55. The Superintendent, Deputy Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent in charge and Medical Officer shall be present at all
executions. An Executive Magistrate deputed by the District Magistrate shall attend the execution and countersign the warrant. If
the prisoner so desires, a priest of his faith may be allowed, at the discretion of the Superintendent, to be present at the place of
execution, subject to the requirements of security and prison discipline.

11.56. Relatives of the prisoner and other prisoners shall not be allowed to witness the execution. The Superintendent may, however, permit social scientists, psychologists, psychiatrists, etc. who are conducting research to be present. The Superintendent’s discretion shall prevail in the matters relating to grant of permission to witness execution. As a matter of general policy, other persons shall not be permitted to be present.

11.57. A police guard of not less than ten constables and two Head Constables or an equal number from the prison Armed Guards, shall be present at every execution. The Superintendent of Police will supply the guard on application, where no armed guard of the prison exists.
11.58. Prisoners of all categories shall be kept locked up until the execution is over.

Execution

11.59. The Superintendent, the Executive Magistrate, The Medical Officer and the Deputy Superintendent will visit the prisoner in his cell before the hour fixed for execution. The Superintendent and the Executive Magistrate shall then identify the prisoner as the person named in the warrant and read over to him a translation of the warrant in his mother tongue. Any other documents requiring attestation by the prisoner such as his will etc. shall be signed and attested in the presence of Superintendent and the Executive Magistrate. The hands of the convict shall be pinioned behind his back.
11.60. A cotton cap with flap shall be put on the prisoners face just before he enters the gallows-enclosures. The prisoner should not be allowed to see the gallows.
11.61. On the arrival of the prisoner at the scaffold, he shall be a made over to the batch of executioners.
Note:- The required number of executioners may always be posted at the Headquarters / Central Prison / Prison where executions have to be carried out. The executioners shall be trained in all matters pertaining to execution of prisoners. At fixed intervals, the
executioners shall be required to practice on dummies.

Duty of Executioners

11.62. The duty of the executioner or executioners shall be:-
(i) to place the prisoner exactly under the part of the beam to which the rope is attached,
(ii) to strap the prisoner’s hand tightly, and
(iii) to put the noose round the neck tightly, the knot or metal eye being just in front of and below the angle of the jaw, so as to run up behind the ear when the prisoner falls and receives the jerk. Care must be taken to adjust the rope so that the part to which the metal eye belongs shall pass in front of the throat. The noose should be kept tight, having been adjusted by means of a stiff leather washer on the rope. The flap of the cap should hang in front free from the rope.
11.63. The Superintendent shall see that the rope round the neck of the prisoner is adjusted properly and the knot is in proper position.
11.64. The operations mentioned above should be done simultaneously and as quickly as possible. On completion of all these operations the Superintendent shall give a signal, on seeing which the executioner in charge shall push the lever to let down the trap-door.
11.65. The body shall remain suspended for half an hour and shall then be taken down only after the Medical Officer has certified that life is extinct.
Note:- For each execution, the executioner shall be paid requisite execution fees.

Disposal of body

11.66. The body of the executed prisoner shall be disposed of according to the religious requirements.
11.67. If the executed prisoner’s relatives make a written application for performing the last rites, the Superintendent may, in his discretion, allow such request, provided that the relatives give an undertaking in writing that they will not make a public demonstration at cremation / burial. In cases where the Superintendent thinks that there is a likelihood of a public demonstration, he has the authority to refuse such permission. In cases of disposal of the body of executed prisoner, in whose case there is likelihood of public demonstration, the Superintendent shall consult the District Magistrate and arrangements for the disposal of the body shall be made according the requirements of the situation. In such event, the Superintendent shall act in accordance with the instructions of the District Magistrate.

11.68. The body of the executed prisoner shall be taken out of the prison with all solemnity. A municipal hearse or ambulance shall be
used for the transportation of the body to the cremation / burial ground. The Superintendent is authorized to incur all reasonable
expenditure required for the transportation and disposal of the dead body.

Subsequent action

11.69. The Superintendent shall return the warrant, to the Court which issued it with an endorsement in the prescribed form (Appendix-9) to be countersigned by the Medical Officer and the Executive Magistrate.

11.70. The Superintendent shall submit the execution report to the Inspector General of Prisons
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Arnab is asking where is the Queue theory of deciding on mercy petition and hanging Kasab first , even before Afzal Guru who is waiting his Just desert and feeding on Indian Tax payers money.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

http://daw n.com/2012/11/21/ajmal-kasab-hanged-indian-media/
India’s Foreign Minister Salman Khurshid said the government had followed diplomatic protocol by informing Pakistan in advance about the execution.

“We attempted to convey to the Pakistan foreign office that this decision had been taken and the execution will be done this morning,” Khurshid said.

“Since those missives were not accepted by the foreign office, by fax we indicated the information to them.”

Prithviraj Chavan, the local state chief minister, said Kasab had been buried inside Yerwada jail while Indian Home Secretary R. K. Singh said his family had been kept informed.

In a statement carried by Pakistan’s state PTV channel, foreign ministry spokesman Moazzam Ahmad Khan was quoted as saying that “the Indian deputy high commissioner informed us about the execution” of Kasab.

“Pakistan’s stance is very clear. Pakistan condemns all forms of terrorism,” he added. “Pakistan is cooperating with the international community.”
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Charlie wrote:Your wait is over. Shivam Vij at rediff just published this deplorable bile where he cries for Kasab ....
Now I shall wait for the "Letters to the Editor" in "The Hindu" tomorrow. That should make me content :). I guess the stock letter writers to Hindu are now busy penning their letters :P.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

chaanakya wrote:Arnab is asking where is the Queue theory of deciding on mercy petition and hanging Kasab first , even before Afzal Guru who is waiting his Just desert and feeding on Indian Tax payers money.
My understanding is that long before this GoI has said that there is no queue system. BTW, Afzal Guru etc. would now be having loose motions for now. The news of Kasab hanging may also not be very much liking for Rajiv Gandhi's murderers. Off course whether the ruling INC Govt. does have the where withal to execute them is yet to be seen.
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

chaanakya ji,
That was scary for a keyboard jehadi.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

^^^

Kasab is hanged, Ok. But whatever happened to the Q of people to be executed? How did Kasab one of last in the que suddenly jumped to the top of the Q?
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

While he was found guilty by the SC and deserved his fate,what was the indecent haste with which Kasab was hanged when the equally guilty murderers of Rajiv G and parliament attack terrorist Afzal G have been enjoying state hospitality for years!

Kasab was simply the tool with which the satanic swine of Pak used to wage war against us.He was not the evil genius behind the diabolic plot. In fact at ISI HQ they must be celebrating with champagne as the only human evidence linking and exposing Pak's direct complicity in the 26/11 attacks has been eliminated.Just watch now how Pak will say that Kasab was quickly executed in order to cover up India's guilt in 26/11!

I am also saddened by the cowardice of the MMS regime in planning this as a secret operation,conducted in the stealth of the night,typical Congress style. The decision and date of Kasab's execution should've been announced well before the deed.The gutless,spineless and rudderless UPA-2 wish to appease Pak by "closing the case" by hanging Kasab,when in fact we have done nothing to punish the real perpetrators of 26/11, the generals in uniform beginning with Gen.Kill-any.

When the nation requires heroes of the stature of Bhagat Singh,we are blessed with zeros of the stature of Man Mohan Singh!