Delhi Rape Victim Dies-Express your outrage.

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Delhi Rape Victim Dies-Express your outrage.

Post by SriKumar »

Note:
This thread was started by Cosmo_R to register outrage over the passing away, in Singapore, of the Delhi Rape victim. His starting post is further below in this thread. My post below (originally from the nukkad thread) ended up as the first post in this thread during its move from the Discussions forum, and it has been modified accordingly.
==========================================================================

The Delhi rape victim passed away at the Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore, at 2045 GMT, Friday (i.e. 2:15 a.m. IST Saturday). I pray that God grants the peace to her soul that she could not get during her final days of life on earth.

Some posters mentioned that they were sad and angry at her passing away. I am not sad, only angry.... and furious. Angry at what the animals did to this woman, and angry about the rapes that happened after this rape.

For justice to happen, the animals who perpetrated this cruel act have to punished in a fitting manner. But the story cannot and should not end with just these criminals. There are countless other women (including many children) who have been raped, and some killed. These victims have been granted but a paragraph in a newspaper and forgotten. The Delhi rape victim's situation, thanks to the courageous young students of Delhi, gained attention and forced the politicians to atleast acknowledge the crime and do something (albeit reluctantly). Hats off to the Delhi students for forcing this issue, which I hope in the long run, will have a larger consequence for the safety of women all over India. It is up to all of us to ensure that this happens.

May her soul rest in peace. Bhagwan unki aatma ko shanti de.
Last edited by SriKumar on 29 Dec 2012 11:30, edited 5 times in total.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Re: Nukkad 67

Post by SaiK »

On the rape trail.. every other day, one can find delihi rapes:
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/w ... 244295.ece
Another one.
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

Seeing newsreports of multiple organ failure in the poor girl in Singapore. Is that why they shifted her out? To ensure they dont have a riot if she doesn't pull through. I hope togod that somebody as brave as her does but if she doesn't I just pray it isas painless as possible. Poor thing has suffered pain of many janmams in one.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

Prasad wrote:Seeing newsreports of multiple organ failure in the poor girl in Singapore. Is that why they shifted her out? To ensure they dont have a riot if she doesn't pull through. I hope togod that somebody as brave as her does but if she doesn't I just pray it isas painless as possible. Poor thing has suffered pain of many janmams in one.
Prasad Ji, As bad as the rapists were, it seems that congressi administration and their suppporters including the cops are not much better.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

Huff post reporting gang rape victim has passed away
Theo_Fidel

Post by Theo_Fidel »

Sadly confirmed. She never stood a chance. May you know peace that life never gave you, sweet child.

Some day we will remove this sense of doom the day a girl is born in India.
Cosmo_R
BRF Oldie

Delhi Rape Victim Dies. Express your outrage

Post by Cosmo_R »

"The woman, a 23-year-old physiotherapy student whose rape on Dec. 16 had served as a reminder of the dangerous conditions women face in India, “died peacefully” early Saturday, according to a statement attributed to Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore by The Associated Press.

The woman, whose intestines were removed because of injuries caused by a metal rod used during the rape, has not been identified. She was flown to Singapore on Wednesday night after being treated at a local hospital.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/29/world ... a.html?hpw

The death penalty is not adequate for the sub humans who did this to her. A hot metal rod up the wazoo followed by stoning may go a part of the way to demonstrating we are different from the pakrapists.

Watch, this detail will glossed over by the political elites and the Indian press. Maybe they deserve a hot rod of their own.

Rest in eternal peace and I hope we have the conscience and muster the outrage to get justice for you.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Re: Delhi Rape Victim Dies. Express your outrage

Post by ramana »

RIP. May you find peace young lady.

ramana
member_23651
BRFite

Post by member_23651 »

Rest in eternal Peace. May you attain Nirvana. We failed in fulfilling your wish to live. We hang our head in shame, remorse and helplessness
member_23651
BRFite

Post by member_23651 »

Mods can we move this thread to one of Main forum temporarily?
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

she is not much younger than I am. shy of half a decade. I would have liked to meet her. the flame will not die. it will not leave us. she will stay. not in physical form. but her spirit, yearning for justice, will stay and witness that yes, her country is not made of eunuchs and yes, her fellow people of much sterner stuff than they are given credit. in spirit, in flame, she will be avenged, by righting the root that is the source of this evil.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

The evil is around us, and not just that, but governing us, ruling us, and commanding to us to follow their setup. This ain't democracy. Our ruling class should be ordinary citizens in the first place.

We can't read something like this:
http://www.thehindu.com/news/states/oth ... epage=true

In Chhattisgarh, punishment for rape is jobs in police force
This thread needs to cut & paste from nukkad as well.. tough job for an admin, unless they have a nice tool.

This thread needs higher visibility, because of the connect the dots to many criminal aspects in our "ways of living" in desh. Cop-Gov-Criminal nexus is nothing knew we talk about in our daily lives.. This should end.

We all know what to do? But how to remove the evil would be as difficult as electing Anna Hazare be the PM of the country... if there is no majority support to eradicate crime and corruption. We can hit the nail on the heads of all people.. but, it is for all to realize the pain and prevent this by cleansing our ways of living.

It is in the hands of the people to remove this setup. People have the power to clean society.
Last edited by SaiK on 29 Dec 2012 04:44, edited 1 time in total.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Indeed a very avoidable, unfortunate and a sad event, particularly a young life is snuffed out so brutally.

The perps who did it should be drawn and quartered, but then with President's like Pratibha Patil at helm, they will go scott free. It is the GoI and the ministry of Home affairs - in charge of the police and the law and the judiciary who are the real culprits.

All the people who support this government now should hang their head in shame since they are also accessory to the above.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

^"this gov" is only as temporal as the "evil itself" so to speak. this is like a virus setup.. need vaccine for 1 billion... like some one said in nukkad - it is a collective failure. I am good, but it did not help, because I allowed another one to be bad.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Am going to move this thread to strat forum for a few days to give it visibility and hope family attenders can note the outrage.
ramana
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

We need Shivaji style punishment for rapists. Click on CC for sub-titles. I wish justice for the girl and her family, there cannot be shanti/gati/mukti without that.

Last edited by prahaar on 29 Dec 2012 04:54, edited 1 time in total.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

This is a day all Indians shall hang their head and weep for the inhuman crime that was committed against an innocent girl. Let us hope her death has not gone in vain and is not forgotten. Let us hope the politicians in Delhi will bring a change in the law relating to rape.
RIP
member_23651
BRFite

Post by member_23651 »

deleted
Last edited by member_23651 on 29 Dec 2012 05:14, edited 1 time in total.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Re: Re: Nukkad 67

Post by suryag »

:(( :(( :evil: :evil:
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Why the thread title changed!? :evil:
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

SaiK wrote:Why the thread title changed!? :evil:
I thought it was supposed to be the outrage thread (Started by Cosmo). Some posts from Nukkad67 got added to it. So I changed it. Should I change it back to nukkad 67? (note that posts in this thread have both subjects: nukkad and Outrage).
Last edited by SriKumar on 29 Dec 2012 05:23, edited 1 time in total.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Re: Delhi Rape Victim Dies-Express your outrage.

Post by devesh »

ok, now, it is the right name: "Delhi Rape Victime Dies-Express Your Outrage".

keep that.
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

OK, then. Am keeping the thread title to 'Delhi Rape Victim- Outrage'. This is the reason it was brought out of the Discussions Forum.
member_23679
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_23679 »

RIP. Long time lurker. This is my first post and I write it with overwhelming sorrow and shame at my countrymen and above all myself. Being only a year older than the victim, I feel most of my generation(including me) has failed in our duties towards the nation and we will pay the price for it. Either we fight for our freedom's, rights and a basic standard of living or we do down. I feel we've reached an inflection point.

People might compare this with the protest after 26/11 and saying nothing may happen, but I disagree. This anger goes beyond one incident. Its just the trigger for all the buildup of resentment at the state of day to day affairs that we average Indian's have been facing over the few years. Our freedom struggle is not over. There was a transfer of power from one arm of the EIC to another localized segment of the EIC to fool the public in general. The last chapter in our freedom struggle is not yet written.
VikramS
BRFite

Post by VikramS »

I hope this even forces a serious rethink in urban India. Not only of the immediate issues but also the underlying drivers.
People need to question why.

One issue which has not been bought up is the skewed sex ratio. How do you address the issue of the frustration? We know how the Islamists do it. Does India have any plan??

The other major observation is that even many seculars are realizing how manipulated the media and how ineffective and useless the current government is. The UPA could have used the outrage to channelize public energy into causes which increase awareness, better training for the police and so on. Instead like Pakis all they were focussed was their image. An opportunity to endear themselves with the middle class was lost.

That in fact is a big red flag for me since it shows that in their sophisticated calculus, the middle class does not matter at all. You would expect their brain trust to woo their vote banks; but to ignore the middle of the road Indian to such an extent shows a level of decadence which was shocking.

India is truly in kalyuga.
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

With deep sorrow and shame I have to write condolence for a beautiful life that was snuffed out by a corrupt and ruthless system. As we all bow our heads in shame today the monarchs of India have finished celebrating Christmas and busy planning their new year party. The six rapists are nothing but mascots of the deep malise that will take this country down. I dont care what happens to them becuase it does not matter to me any more if I want to protect the sisters and daughters of this country I want all politicians, beaurecrats, police, lawers, judges and corrupt business men who run not just transport mafia but all other mafias in the country to be handed to gallows.

Today when India burns Sonia, MMS, Youth Icon, Shinde Diggy & Abhijit Mukharjee the six who raped India are celebrating with no shame remorse of even clue of what has happened
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

Where a woman can be mercilessly gangraped in the nation's capital, when female pilgrims to Vrindavan are routinely molested, where the birth of a girl child is seen as a curse, that culture needs to be ATTACKED and reformed in every way. I hope that rather than spouting off steam, a sober and determined effort is undertaken to systematically invade all communities and reform them, via our education system and public discourse, religious teaching, entertainment, etc.

Ashamed to be Indian
Let goddess-ization of woman not be a ploy to remove guilt from our lust-driven minds.

[...]

And take concrete actions to make this country a safe place for all woman of all ages at all locations at all hours of day and night instead of wasting time, money and energy in organizing chowkis, jagarans and offering prasads. The crude truth is that such events themselves become hotspots for eve-teasing and ogling at women.
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

As Theo says - justice will be done only when the whole patriachal attitude towards women changes.

Whether it is the dismay at birthof girls, commenting on them for clubbing, to bullcrap rules in temples etc - all contribute

Top to bottom attitudes have to change.

till then we have nothing to be proud of and nothing to celebrate.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Sad ending to a promising life. Hope her soul rest in peace and her bring a change in social side of India. The anger should force both center and states to deal with rape and murder more seriously.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Given what happened to her, it is better that she died. It should never have happened, but once the deed was done, her injuries were too horrendous for useful life. Fortunately even idiotic Indian laws will now see this as murder and hopefully one or more of the accused will get death sentences and we will have no more of the likes of that shameful Pratibha Patil who pardoned rapists and terrorists.

What India needs is a sensitization of males from a very young age that girls and women are valuable and must not be violated just because you can. But the government operates in that way. They violate because they can.
nawabs
BRFite

Post by nawabs »

RIP May you find peace,Damini

nawabs
member_23651
BRFite

Post by member_23651 »

Thing is main accused who did this to the girl, will escape because he is a minor... :cry: :(
Harish
BRFite

Post by Harish »

This rape was unbelievably brutal. All rapes are, but this one was especially so. We should not gloss over this case as "just another rape". It is not. Its brutality was over the top. It must be thoroughly investigated. The deepest motivations of the rapists must be uncovered. Was it only uncontrollable lust that was the driving force? Did they have other motivations - personal enmity? revenge? Did they stalk the girl looking for an opportunity? Was this crime premeditated? Were they psychopaths?

We will not forget you, dear "Amanat". RIP.
member_23651
BRFite

Post by member_23651 »

Victim selection was random and unfortunate one, confessed by culprits
Saral
BRFite

Post by Saral »

VikramS wrote:I hope this even forces a serious rethink in urban India. Not only of the immediate issues but also the underlying drivers.
People need to question why.
One issue which has not been bought up is the skewed sex ratio. How do you address the issue of the frustration? We know how the Islamists do it. Does India have any plan??
I agree.

Violent crime is predominantly a young man's game. India is demographically young and the losers in society (ones that haven't any chance of finding mates) are more likely to slip into the abyss of such horrors. Combine a lax environment that does not censure crime with high testosterone youths with no hope of getting laid and with propensity for violence, these types of events happen more often than we imagine. The safety of women (and everyone in general) can't be addressed by one-dimensional (death for the rapists) "fixes".

This is not to understate the depths of this tragedy but its time we analyzed the drivers and do things that can provide safety valves (legalized prostitution, for example) as well as clear norms for what is acceptable behavior (non-tolerance for any type of abuse such as eve-teasing, molestation). Probably these guys got away with all sorts of less extreme infractions and this particular event, for no particular reason, provided the mix of factors for the outcome to be so gruesome. I suspect these guys aren't that abnormal as one might believe. They created a situation and then lost all sense of right and wrong.
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

and I would suggest that the Govt confer the Ashok Chakra to her. She fought bravely against odds like many a soldier, suffered wounds like soldiers do and the rapists were as bad as terrorists or any other enemies of the nation.

and if this does not move the nation - nothing will
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

I hope government give opportunity to the society to mourn and attend the funeral. She is a brave girl and I don't know the need to continue to hide her identity (unless her family prefers that way).
Bade
BRF Oldie

Post by Bade »

It may be a family wish, in any case the name 'nirbhay' is what stands out the way she had fought for her life till the last moments. She was one brave soul.

This is not just about safety of women in urban areas from middle class meeting the rustic. Even our women, children and soon to be men and boys are going to need protection. We the middle class urban dwellers have looked the other way from happenings in the villages, and now a heavy price is being paid.

If there is any underlying cause to the frequency of rape news, it must be the patriarchal and skewed sex ratio to blame first. Then perhaps the law and order issues, at least the refusal to register rape cases by the police speaks volumes.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

my prediction - a late night cargo flight from singapore will bring her body, to some isolated sealed off area in IGI, following which under heavy police escort and political pressure on the shattered family she will be last rited tomorrow morning...around the time when various ruling class families in lootyens delhi sit down to their sunday brunch on their green lawns and banter with elites over world cuisine spreads like greek yogurt, doner kababs, tofu and salmon sandwiches and so on.
Sri
BRFite

Post by Sri »

Sad news indeed.
May be flags should fly at half mast today. Most of the country is distressed.