Delhi Rape Victim Dies-Express your outrage.

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Re: Delhi Rape Victim Dies-Express your outrage.

Post by Anujan »

Did you remember the time when MMS "lost sleep" over the Australian doctor fellow? Wonder how his insomnia is doing now.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

so now they are taking visual "evidence" to blackmail the youth and their families. this really is a police state.
so now the protesters have to worry about "files" being kept on them... :(
this is another tool to subvert honest people and make them slaves of the regime.
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

Anujan wrote:Government has decided on her behalf. She is making it sound as though media has suddenly sprouted responsibility.
^^ Yes, this is the extension of the tactic behind the Singapore move.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Sushupti wrote:Image

And the surprising thing is Burkha Dutt herself claimed on Nehru Dynasty TV that she has been pinched and groped.

The wife of the chota mota Kongi neta at office has started CTs but is still unwilling to see the writing on the wall. Her hubby being a beneficiary of the Shahi Tukda that he receives from some Kongi.

This politics of rewards for the rotten has to be appropriately set right.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

ramana wrote:Most of you guys are IT experts. Why not write a web crawler to collect every rape news from all over India and gather the info in one place say a blog and tweet the info till there is awareness of the extent of this male disease?
Ramana ji,

Not an IT expert by any means but - here is my rough attempt.

http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.run?_ ... render=rss (add this link in ur google reader or use an rss reader or use a live bookmark to view this feed)

This is the source of the pipe
http://pipes.yahoo.com/maramara/violenceonwomeninindia

people are welcome to publish or clone it make better version with more sources and keywords (currently they are overhelmingly from Hindu and TOIlet) . To view pipes source yahoo acc is required.

PS: Filtered out all news on the Delhi rape case in the feed - most of the news is from the city editions from the rest of the country.
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

Another guy pipes up, apparently thought of this independently, all by himself. It is cute that they think they can set the agenda.
What a farce.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Is he the same fellow who was found in Bathroom banging up BD by SG who has tweeted the same. His morality is no higher then the shit in cesspool
Kanson
BRF Oldie

Post by Kanson »

This is not the time for expressing outrage alone. If anyone think that this is only the worst happened then they are belying to themselves.

Here in India we see, females both young and old are celebrated to status of Goddesses. In many tradition/societies/families, they are treated as their kul devis.

So this is not something that is not solvable. While these crime are punishable, what is more important is awareness to the feminine part. And the awareness must start from the above sentence.

While we hear stories on how female born and unborn child are badly treated, you should know that it is in this India where once to get married male has to pay dowry. What we see is not what we are. We need to balance the system.

In India, in older tradition, young minds were harmonized through various means. Each society adopted different methods. By that body is harmonized and evil thoughts which erupts through hormonal imbalances from the adolescent stage were arrested and mind is channeled in the correct path.

Part of this crime is due to moving away from our cultural roots.

If Pubs and Nights clubs could solve this, then there should be no rape in such countries. And it is naive to pretend that there is nothing wrong happening in the Night clubs.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

"We have been digested first by Islam, then Europeans, and after each digestion the digested version gets downloaded into our colonized minds. This has impacted not only language (urdu-ization of Hindi), aesthetics (dress, body language), but also ideas, customs, laws, etc"

--Rajiv Malhotra
Ban skirts as school uniform: BJP legislator
http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-new ... 82296.aspx
Anantha
BRFite

Post by Anantha »

Kanson
Very correct. Western ideas and aping western stuff is not an answer but actually a problem. In the US a rape occurs once every 45 seconds.
For eg yesterday there was a gangrape of a woman in a moving vehicle by 3 guys, in Philadelphia. Did the mainstream media cover this. absolute no...
In India, We need to definitely look into corruption and get rid of politicians who are charge-sheeted. For eg about 150 MP's have criminal records and 23 MP's/MLA's have rape cases pending against them including Yuvraj.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

This I think sums it all up.

Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

Why blame western ideas or aping western stuff? why is that a problem? Shouldn't the Govt of the day be responsible for people's security irrespective of their culture?
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

So where are the "protesters" now ???
Kanson
BRF Oldie

Post by Kanson »

Anantha wrote:Kanson
Very correct. Western ideas and aping western stuff is not an answer but actually a problem. In the US a rape occurs once every 45 seconds.
For eg yesterday there was a gangrape of a woman in a moving vehicle by 3 guys, in Philadelphia. Did the mainstream media cover this. absolute no...
In India, We need to definitely look into corruption and get rid of politicians who are charge-sheeted. For eg about 150 MP's have criminal records and 23 MP's/MLA's have rape cases pending against them including Yuvraj.

What is more important and more necessary is we should educate our families (both male and female members) about the goodness of feminine part and its value.

Rest is peripheral.

Ofcourse it is our desire to see good & able people as our law-makers.
lakshmikanth
BRFite

Post by lakshmikanth »

Wonder if Burqa and RajDeep would also not cover anything about the prosecution of (their fellow) rapist scum out of respect to their "human rights" because hey, criminals and terrorists have human rights too. We need to respect their privacy and decency and H&D and all that.

While the rapists did a heinous act of cruelty on that poor soul (may her RIP), Burqa and crooks have done somewhat of an equal act to our nation.

I was neutral to optimistic about India's future, but the govt reaction on this one makes me think that the future looks very dark in the near to medium term.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Ban skirts as school uniform: BJP legislator
http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-new ... 82296.aspx
+1

Why not invite the Taliban to blast out this vulgar shit in India - in Tanjore and Ellora

member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

This is a mind game in its most dark sinister form.

All of us have heard stories in childhood how some village/king would surrender a maiden or whatever to the danav terrorising them.

This is exactly what it is. Kongis and their accolytes being the Kings. It is disgusting the limit.
lakshmikanth
BRFite

Post by lakshmikanth »

Shiv: Also Khujraho. When I saw it, I was proud to be descending from people who made that :). It was made just before the Islamic hordes started their barbaric attacks on Bharath. Things for people (especially women) have never been the same ever since.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

lakshmikanth wrote:Shiv: Also Khujraho. When I saw it, I was proud to be descending from people who made that :). It was made just before the Islamic hordes started their barbaric attacks on Bharath. Things for people (especially women) have never been the same ever since.
And the BJP asswhole who spoke up now represents Hindus? Hack thooo-ooopth
Theo_Fidel

Post by Theo_Fidel »

OK. So the rape in Delhi was the fault of Mahmud of Ghazni now. Talk about society avoiding its responsibility.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

lakshmikanth
BRFite

Post by lakshmikanth »

I think the "solution" to this problem is two fold:
1) Understand that violence comes naturally to humans, and there needs to be social ways to control it by training each person to recognize that side of ones nature.
2) I think the society needs to let go of controlling sex and "chi-chi" activities between two consenting adults. This ofcourse requires tribal barriers to be broken down, for the people (especially males) in a community to be "secure" enough to let their women folk explore. I dont see this happening in the near future though.

Sexual violence more often is an expression of power rather than a desire to quench the sexual thirst. In India I think its more of quenching than display of power. However this case took the turn from quenching to powerplay to violent murder in a short time. These are mentally sick individuals, and need to have been treated appropriately before the incident.

Now these guys should have their heads sown of with a saw in one of the delhi markets.

EDIT: Theo-ji plijj to note i have answered your question :). I cannot type fast because of an eye issue :(
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

shiv wrote:Image
I think the above is from Elephanta caves, the statues were mutilated by the Portuguese. Just a historical note.

Anyway, what a descent of a culture. We have brought this upon ourselves.
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

True, what a sad descent. We have become a cargo cult of our own past.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

Sushupti wrote:Image
Good one :rotfl:
RKumar

Post by RKumar »

Delhi gang-rape: Indian PM Manmohan Singh's 'Theek Hai'
#TheekHai Is Manmohan Singh just a piece of furniture? Maybe, but he is of good quality. Teak Hai,” tweeted Ramesh Srivats (@rameshsrivats)
Dear Mr. PM, is everything 'Theek hai'?

God may rest her soul in peace. I know we, Indians have short memories but I think my family will remember this incident to rest of our life.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Please give us the courage and clarity of thought to stand for right values and fight for those values.
Ramay Ji, It takes millennia for societies to understand and evolve to the significance of what you wrote. When that happens Dharma will reign once again in India.

Shiv Ji, Lakshmikant Ji..Plus1. We will in the coming weeks have lots of people pushing agenda's and not values. Some will ask for Sharia, some ban short skirts, some eliminate jeans, some stop going to temples that worship Devi's , some will blame mixing of sexes, some will root for Burkha's, some will call for stopping alcohol, some will call for banning nightclubs, pubs, more segregation of sexes, some will root closing up all at 10 pm.

Meanwhile, the big glimmer of light i see through this sordid saga that this very Brave girl has gone through, is the outrage unleashed. The soul of this nation is not lost. This is a deep hurt. The time has come to as Ramay Ji said:

courage and clarity of thought to stand for right values and fight for those values

With that in mind, i say: RIP Dear Girl. It's a shame we couldn't imbibe these basic values of Equality and Respect amongst a lot many in our society. It's a shame we couldn't get through those who think 'Someone Deserved it/ asked for it' type of thinking more effectively in the past. It's a shame we couldn't look beyond trivial agenda, politics to create a better environment. It's a shame that simple dreams that you nurtured in this life were cut short..it's simply too hard to put into words the grief i personally have felt and so many others..my sincere condolences to her family. What they must be going through has no words for me to describe. With folded hands i seek apologies if personally have made anyone wander from basic values of Truth, Honesty, Respect, Equality of opportunity, Compassion. Today we have a society that seeks the Chanakyan in Untruth, Dishonesty, that has made institutions that deflect 'equality of opportunity' to nurture vote banks, that disrespect the majority by segregating us on the basis of color, race, caste, gender, that have no compassion to others that share common spaces such as roads, lifts and other utilities..we have a lot of churning and change in front of us..and you have certainly shown us that.
Last edited by harbans on 29 Dec 2012 15:03, edited 2 times in total.
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

Go and rest in peace, my dear Sister....go in peace. I hang my head in shame for I have failed you.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

Murder charges invoked, I am sure capital punishment will be given and upheld by SC as this case falls in the rarest of rare category.
Theo_Fidel

Post by Theo_Fidel »

Am I the only one who thinks outrage is pointless. Just a way for people to assuage their guilt without actually changing anything.
How about changing the way you live. Changing the way your mind works. Changing your idea of where the real 'threats' to society come from. Hint, look within, esp. closed doors....
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

With you Theo garu, I got disillusioned with "protests" after seeing the same after 26/11.
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

What is the guilt here?
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

saravana wrote:What is the guilt here?
Lacking the conviction to do the needful so as to set things right.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Am I the only one who thinks outrage is pointless.
Completely disagree. Outrage reflects on the Societies' value systems. Outrage occurs in many societies. In Islamic societies, they are outraged by Cartoons or a mentally ill allegedly desecrating a Koran, or a Taslima Nasreen or Salman Rushdie not raped girls being put to death in Iran or through honor killings that happen daily. Thankfully we are getting outraged by violence against Women. Like Outrage over desecration of Islamic value systems leads to hardening in their society, so will outrage against violence against women lead lawmakers/ society to change in ours.
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

Forget the men, there are many girls and women who are part of the protests. They get harassed they move out in the public. They see this incident as it could happen to any of them, God forbid. They want to protest against an apathetic Governement that let this happen on a daily basis. What could these women do to set things right and why they lack conviction.
I don't think that is the protestors' guilt, maybe of the Government.
lakshmikanth
BRFite

Post by lakshmikanth »

Harbans ji,

That would work in a partially democratic system. Ours looks like a complete police/facist state by now. The leaders are completely out of tune with what happens on the ground, they are completely insulated. Their numbercrunchers have figured out how to divide the votebanks to stay in power. The outraged ones are mostly middle class, and the politician chiefs and kings give a rat's ass about the middle class.

I dont think the near/medium term future looks bright in this area, least we can do is to educate and prepare for a larger number of people getting pissed off to start a bastille like situation in the long term.

The govt has removed any pretense of being facist by invoking 144. They are as inhuman as the rapist. They are the inheritors of a colonial/imperial system which was fundamentally feudal. Such people usually are free of guilt, for its their birth right to rule.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

saravana wrote:They want to protest against an apathetic Governement that let this happen on a daily basis. What could these women do to set things right and why they lack conviction.
I don't think that is the protestors' guilt, maybe of the Government.
Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't the Government selected by the same set of people who are now "protesting". So help me understand how come a government which has been selected by the same people who are protesting is always responsible for any crime that happens ??? Is the responsibility of the society over as soon as they select the government ???

Lets accept the point that it is the government's fault but then how come the same government keeps getting voted into power again and again even after failing multiple times in multiple arenas ???
lakshmikanth
BRFite

Post by lakshmikanth »

Sagar G,

You should read this wonderful book: WE THE PEOPLE OF INDIA: A Story of Gangland Democracy by MALOY DHAR

All the answers to your questions are available in that book. In short, Indian democracy is a facade, the only thing it has prevented so far is a famine. The rest is built for self-serving vested interest.
Baikul
BRFite

Post by Baikul »

harbans wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks outrage is pointless.
Completely disagree. Outrage reflects on the Societies' value systems. Outrage occurs in many societies. In Islamic societies, they are outraged by Cartoons or a mentally ill allegedly desecrating a Koran, or a Taslima Nasreen or Salman Rushdie not raped girls being put to death in Iran or through honor killings that happen daily. Thankfully we are getting outraged by violence against Women. Like Outrage over desecration of Islamic value systems leads to hardening in their society, so will outrage against violence against women lead lawmakers/ society to change in ours.
Absolutely. Sometimes, most times, outrage is the only currency that the common man has to expend on grabbing the attention of otherwise arrogant political elites.
lakshmikanth wrote:Harbans ji,

That would work in a partially democratic system. Ours looks like a complete police/facist state by now. The leaders are completely out of tune with what happens on the ground, they are completely insulated. Their numbercrunchers have figured out how to divide the votebanks to stay in power. The outraged ones are mostly middle class, and the politician chiefs and kings give a rat's ass about the middle class.

I dont think the near/medium term future looks bright in this area, least we can do is to educate and prepare for a larger number of people getting pissed off to start a bastille like situation in the long term.

The govt has removed any pretense of being facist by invoking 144. They are as inhuman as the rapist. They are the inheritors of a colonial/imperial system which was fundamentally feudal. Such people usually are free of guilt, for its their birth right to rule.
Even if one assumes that everything you've said is true- and I'm making a statement, not debating you - the facility to express outrage would be even more important. Whereas silence may only ensure complicity, and will make our leaders even more blasé.