Indian Army: News and Discussions 15 Apr 2012

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Victor
BRF Oldie

Re: Indian Army: News and Discussions 15 Apr 2012

Post by Victor »

akshat.kashyap wrote:
she is a B**h
How so? We have willingly handed over our t@ttas for squeezing and she is merely doing the needful for her country. Very efficiently I might add.
manum
BRFite

Post by manum »

I dun get it? what is expected here from all quarters? since it has to be said...what is expected to be said?

or what is expected to be done? or what should have been done...until now?

there is anguish now, but why we are seeking villains here between us, in a very short span...
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

How do we boycott those who sell weapons to paki SSG?

How do we boycott those who give cover of ignorance to paki barbarity?

How to go about blacklisting firms and countries that do the above and then give advice of restraint to Indians as well as not condemn barbarians?
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

was this posted earlier?:

flonnet.com/stories/20130125300104500.htm

What hurts the veterans most is that the government does not accord them the honour and dignity that is due to them. Is it too much to demand that the soldiers be taken care of after they sacrifice the prime of their lives for the country, they ask the Defence Minister.
Vipul
BRF Oldie

Post by Vipul »

India gives a befitting reply to paki raid and beheading of its soldiers.

This is what the Congressi Bhench*ds and Madarch*ds call proportionate and caliberated response!!!!!!
Vipul
BRF Oldie

Post by Vipul »

Congress plans for revenge.

Describing the incident as unacceptable, he said India was expecting appropriate response from Pakistan over India's protest.
Khurshid insisted that India did not want an escalation in the situation. "Whatever has happened should not be escalated. We cannot and must not allow for an escalation of a very unwholesome event that has taken place," he said.
Yatha Praja tatha Raja. Indians fully deserve the rulers (Fuc*ers) they have got.
First the Congressi Govt calls the beheading of its soldiers "an Incident" now calls it "an Unwholesome event".
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

aab akele hoon. perhaps with a small bunch. the whole GoIlets are watching you, and you might want to use acronyms instead of the raw straight forward swear words. like in tweets/facebook case, you might be arrested too. we all know, we have not established a clean democracy in desh.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I guess Kurshi* doesnt know its Pakis that were head chopping like in the Quran. What does he mean no more escalation? Its India that has to escalate! Sounds like a drunk, impotent, braggart threateing the local goonda not to beat him up more with iron rods after being beaten with lathis.
member_23360
BRFite

Post by member_23360 »

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/r ... epage=true

Indian bunker construction on the northern reaches of the Line of Control — initiated after a grandmother crossed into Pakistan-administered Kashmir to be with her sons — sparked off a spiral of violence which culminated in the brutal killing of two soldiers in an ambush earlier this week, highly placed military and government sources have told The Hindu.

Last year, for example, there was fierce fighting Karnah, some 140 kilometres from Srinagar after two Indian soldiers were beheaded in an attack on a forward position by a Border Action Team. Indian special forces responded by targeting a Pakistani forward post, killing several soldiers and, by the account of one military official, which The Hindu could not corroborate independently, beheaded two.
Nikhil T
BRFite

Post by Nikhil T »

Sanku wrote:
sum wrote:^^ Honestly, really surprised by Col.Ajai Shukla's performance on TV yesterday.
You really have not been listening to us have you!!
Now I see Praveen Swami talking out of his ass on NDTV : (on beheading) "we've been doing this to them in the past, so we need to be honest about this.."

Honestly, I think GoI is more aggressive than these track-II loons. In no other country would people tolerate this kind of talk. Absolutely none.
PratikDas
BRFite

Post by PratikDas »

I wrote what I could in the comments section of Justice Markandey Katju's blog. I thought of writing to him since he is Chairman, Press Council of India and since he wrote in ToI, India and Pakistan : The Case for Reunification.
Pratik Das 8 January 2013 20:25
Shiv Aroor (@ShivAroor) tweeted at 6:06am - 8 Jan 13:

Update: Army confirms that one of its jawans was beheaded (his head was taken away by the Pak Army attackers). The other was not beheaded. (https://twitter.com/ShivAroor/status/288647765553197056)

Justice Markandey Katju 9 January 2013 16:45
This could be the work of agent provocateurs to make India and Pakistan fight with each other

Pratik Das 9 January 2013 22:29
Yes, therefore we should not retaliate, we should cherish the Chistis. We should romanticise the good times from way back in Lahore. We should play cricket. We should invite their artists. We should give them visas.

And we should give them every form of positive feedback to embolden them to repeat the same heinous crime in a few months.

Well done, Justice.

No, thanks.

Pratik Das 9 January 2013 23:13
This government, together with eminent persons such as yourself have devalued the Indian soldier to the price of a bullet or a knife.

Obviously being a Justice and being judicious are unrelated.
Pratik Das 8 January 2013 20:27
You might want to reconcile yourself with reality vis-a-vis Pakistan.

Anonymous 8 January 2013 23:30
Please note there is a difference between Pakistani people and Pakistan government as it does with regard to India. How many Indian government actions does the Indian citizen agree with in general? Justice Katju has mainly supported Pakistani people and talked about how the people of the two countries need to come closer. Governments and politicians have their own agenda, both Indian and Pakistani (and American, for that matter).

Pratik Das 8 January 2013 23:47
Show us a way of ridding Pakistan of its military and ISI and I'll show you how the people of India and Pakistan can come together.

Keep in mind that you have the USA arming and abetting them. Keep in mind that the Indian government consistently chooses to overlook their transgressions.

You will fail in showing us the way.

skv 9 January 2013 08:49
You are just repeating what the government of India wants you to repeat and which the mainstream Indian press rarely challenges. They have an agenda in showing Pakistan as the aggressor, as do the politicians of Pakistan in showing India as an aggressor. This is how the people of the two countries have been made strangers to each other over the last sixty years.

I don´t have a solution to Pakistan´s problems but there is no need for us to look at 180 million Pakistanis suspiciously based on surely heinous actions and statements of their military and politicians. We know how politicians behave in India - why do we expect any different in Pakistan?

PPR 9 January 2013 10:05
@skv, @anon
of late humanity is fashion. Back home we have so much hate mongering among ourselves. You do not have a solution for it but ready to jump on our own government in support of neighbor. What did you do about MNS attacks on Biharis? Do you even know what is happening in AP? One section of Telugu speaking people abusing another section of Telugu speaking people in the name of regional differences. I know very well that you know these and you will do nothing. You work for all those self-declared 'victims' regardless there is merit it in or not.

Pratik Das 9 January 2013 22:26
Skv, clearly you have difficulties in comprehending English or choose to ignore my post to beat your drum. Read what I wrote about the Pakistani Army and ISI being the primary obstacle for Indians and Pakistanis coming together. Nice try in diverting the crux of the problem by trying to paint the situation as Indians looking at 180 million Pakistanis suspiciously.

You can cry victim for your brethren all you like.
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

I hope there is apt response and it becomes known to all. Not a hearsay that we took revenge from uncorroborated sources . (I do recall Bangladeshis killing BSF men and their bodies being brought back on bamboo poles. Did anything happen after that?)
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

viv wrote:I hope there is apt response and it becomes known to all. Not a hearsay that we took revenge from uncorroborated sources . (I do recall Bangladeshis killing BSF men and their bodies being brought back on bamboo poles. Did anything happen after that?)
Yes there was. IIRC IAF basically went into BD airspace and caused some major brown pants syndrome amongst the beedis. What we need is armed drones so that even while the incident is taking place, they can take off, track the intruders back to their bunkers and blast 'em to jannat. Like it or not, massa got that formula right when it comes to dealing with the pakis.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Vipul wrote: Yatha Praja tatha Raja. Indians fully deserve the rulers (Fuc*ers) they have got.
First the Congressi Govt calls the beheading of its soldiers "an Incident" now calls it "an Unwholesome event".
This is impotant rage, sir!

It is always "Yatha Raja Tatha Praja". That is why the Gujaratis under NM became lions. And the Telugus under INC rule became pu$$ies.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Nikhil T wrote: Now I see Praveen Swami talking out of his ass on NDTV : (on beheading) "we've been doing this to them in the past, so we need to be honest about this.."

Honestly, I think GoI is more aggressive than these track-II loons. In no other country would people tolerate this kind of talk. Absolutely none.
Why are you surprised? When you use swords to fight you behead people, when you carry rifles you shoot them.

We should kill as many pakis as possible, the method of killing depends on the weapon that is available.
Vipul
BRF Oldie

Post by Vipul »

RamaY wrote:
This is impotant rage, sir!

It is always "Yatha Raja Tatha Praja". That is why the Gujaratis under NM became lions. And the Telugus under INC rule became pu$$ies.
I am fully aware of the saying.I wrote Yatha Praja Tatha Raja, as it was the people who voted them in.So i dont blame the raja here i blame the people.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

You didn't get my point.

Nobody wants a corrupt, pysophant and napunsak govt. but we do get those govts.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

What we need is more man and vehicle portable FLIRs too. Our factories should be producing them in numbers now. We need more installations and automatic alarm system connected /networked to each soldier as a node.
peter
BRFite

Post by peter »

rohitvats wrote:
peter wrote:<SNIP>The first part of this broadcast has the reporter saying that the army commander Parmanaik is trying to calm the tempers of soldiers in Raj Rif. Why should'nt the soldiers take the matter in their own hands and wipe out any of the pakis they see on the other side?

Unless this is done the Pakis will never develop a fear that their actions have a brutal repercussion.

Pussies leading us.
Peter - who do you think you're dealing with here? Some local hooligans and ruffians hell bent on revenge against opposite camp? You can do better than to call someone like Northern Army Commander as a 'pussy'.
First I don't think pakis are that brave or better fighters than our Raj Rif soldiers. So far as I am concerned the paki camp is full of instigators who need to be wiped out. An Indian head is atleast a 100 Pakis.

Second the pussy comment was not for Northern Army commander but for the politicians in Delhi who would not allow a retaliation to happen.
rohitvats wrote: Remember, this is an Infantry Battalion of a senior Infantry Regiment we are talking here - professional soldiers. Even with tempers running high, you cannot let sentiments dominate military matters - lest you end up with more egg on your face. If the soldiers have their way, they would simply do a frontal assault on the Pakistan Army post - consequences be damned.
That is exactly what is needed the consequences be damned part. Infact in a 2 KM radius of where this incident happened each and every Paki post should be pulverized first with the air force and then send in the soldiers to wipe out whomever the Air attack did not get.

The death of our soldiers needs to be avenged and avenged now.

This has been the rule in our history and it has always worked. The sad thing is people forget our history. History is an important marker of human behaviour.
rohitvats wrote: As I said earlier - this incident is an affront to the IZZAT of the Paltan and it will not go w/o payback. If the payback does not come, the Commanding Officer (and every other officer) of the Regiment would have lost his MORAL authority to command the men. And the Paltan will carry this as a cross across their neck for generations. Such things are not forgotten in the IA. You can very well fathom the mood in the Paltan by the fact that Northern Army Commander went to the Paltan to assuage the feelings.

Just to get a feeling of what a Paltan will do for honor, please read on the account of 1 Bihar and Battle for Jubar...they wanted to avenge Major Sarvanan and bring back his body - they won't let anyone else assault that feature.

The retaliation will come but at the time and place of our choosing...the PA would be expecting a retaliation and will be ready and waiting for us. This needs to be planned carefully - 13 Rajputana Rifles will have their revenge.
How was Saurabh Kalia and his team avenged? The poor father and this nation still has no closure on that.
Last edited by peter on 10 Jan 2013 04:53, edited 1 time in total.
peter
BRFite

Post by peter »

rohitvats wrote:
peter wrote:<SNIP>The first part of this broadcast has the reporter saying that the army commander Parmanaik is trying to calm the tempers of soldiers in Raj Rif. Why should'nt the soldiers take the matter in their own hands and wipe out any of the pakis they see on the other side?

Unless this is done the Pakis will never develop a fear that their actions have a brutal repercussion.

Pussies leading us.
Peter - who do you think you're dealing with here? Some local hooligans and ruffians hell bent on revenge against opposite camp? You can do better than to call someone like Northern Army Commander as a 'pussy'.

Remember, this is an Infantry Battalion of a senior Infantry Regiment we are talking here - professional soldiers. Even with tempers running high, you cannot let sentiments dominate military matters - lest you end up with more egg on your face. If the soldiers have their way, they would simply do a frontal assault on the Pakistan Army post - consequences be damned.

As I said earlier - this incident is an affront to the IZZAT of the Paltan and it will not go w/o payback. If the payback does not come, the Commanding Officer (and every other officer) of the Regiment would have lost his MORAL authority to command the men. And the Paltan will carry this as a cross across their neck for generations. Such things are not forgotten in the IA. You can very well fathom the mood in the Paltan by the fact that Northern Army Commander went to the Paltan to assuage the feelings.

Just to get a feeling of what a Paltan will do for honor, please read on the account of 1 Bihar and Battle for Jubar...they wanted to avenge Major Sarvanan and bring back his body - they won't let anyone else assault that feature.

The retaliation will come but at the time and place of our choosing...the PA would be expecting a retaliation and will be ready and waiting for us. This needs to be planned carefully - 13 Rajputana Rifles will have their revenge.
RoyG wrote: Kanwal Sibal brought up some good points on tv yesterday. The pakistanis have already anticipated our next move. This event was meant to keep us on the back foot during talks and give a morale boost to PA and non-PA mujahids and jihadis which haven't been eliminated in the valley. The PA is already in bhangra mode after forcing the US withdrawl and the hurriyat have already promised to set the valley on fire. We must be ready for the next phase in the proxy war that pakistan has been waging against us. Very unlikely that will get our revenge. GoI and army higher ups have gone into overdrive to prevent any cross border raids from our side. Sad state of affairs.
You know Pakis are not that smart to guess each of our "next" moves. So it is plain FUD on the part of babus like Sibal to justify inaction.

Hell let them be ready with all the preparations and yet we should attack with a plan that destroys them. This is how you instill fear in the heart of the enemy that with their best preparation they cannot stop us.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Justice Markandey Katju 9 January 2013 16:45
This could be the work of agent provocateurs to make India and Pakistan fight with each other
:shock:
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

^ nothing wrong. Then India too can have the agent provocators, the WKKs or Press Concil of India. How about Idiot Katju crosses the border and beheads two paki soldiers
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Even with BJP, we could not cross the yellow sea.
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

Saikji, in 2012 should we continue to excuse the current government for failure of past governments almost a decade back? In that sense INC can be rightly blamed for the current mess since they have been leading India for most of the time.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

SaiK wrote:Even with BJP, we could not cross the yellow sea.
Yes. The ABV's BJP
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

I see only one pattern in our babu folks.. THEY ALL ARE WAY TOO OLD TO HOLD OFFICE!.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I think we should stop discussion on this topic.
Let us conclude our govt is useless and move on. There will be no public beating of tsp.
If ia retaliates via local decision loop it will be quietly.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Singha wrote:I think we should stop discussion on this topic.
Let us conclude our govt is useless and move on. There will be no public beating of tsp.
If ia retaliates via local decision loop it will be quietly.
+1 on that.
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

Praveen Swami in Chindu
Last year, for example, there was fierce fighting Karnah, some 140 kilometres from Srinagar after two Indian soldiers were beheaded in an attack on a forward position by a Border Action Team. Indian special forces responded by targeting a Pakistani forward post, killing several soldiers and, by the account of one military official, which The Hindu could not corroborate independently, beheaded two.

Earlier, in July, 2008, four Pakistani troops and an Indian solider were killed in fighting near Handwara, again because of disputes over the construction of new fortifications around an Indian position, code named Eagle Post. BSF constable Bhanwar Lal was killed in a separate clash along the LoC in Rajouri, while 8 Gurkha Rifles’ Jawashwar Lami Chhame died when jihadists backed by Pakistani troops shelled an Indian forward post in Poonch.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/r ... epage=true
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

peter wrote:Why should'nt the soldiers take the matter in their own hands and wipe out any of the pakis they see on the other side?

Pussies leading us.
Need a longer term strategy. First, can we agree on a definition of the problem. Which is not so trivial, since that will create issues of political correctness.

I would say that the present political establishment is incapable of even defining the problem. The BJP too, in its 6 years in power, did not display much clarity.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

Vipul wrote: Yatha Praja tatha Raja. Indians fully deserve the rulers (Fuc*ers) they have got.
Well, when folks are happy with non-transparent voting they obviously deserve the leaders they get.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the TSP thread.

Read and weep.

Praveen Swami of the Hindu with a story claimed to be an “exclusive” on the beheading of Indian soldiers.

Looks like our Congress Party led UPA Administration is trying to absolve itself for its pusillanimous dhimmi-like response to this latest provocative action by the Islamic Republic of Pakistan by spreading some of the blame for the beheading onto the Indian Army :x :

Runaway grandmother sparked savage skirmish on LoC
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

Well, when folks are happy with non-transparent voting they obviously deserve the leaders they get.
:(
andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

Raja Bose wrote:
viv wrote:I hope there is apt response and it becomes known to all. Not a hearsay that we took revenge from uncorroborated sources . (I do recall Bangladeshis killing BSF men and their bodies being brought back on bamboo poles. Did anything happen after that?)
Yes there was. IIRC IAF basically went into BD airspace and caused some major brown pants syndrome amongst the beedis. What we need is armed drones so that even while the incident is taking place, they can take off, track the intruders back to their bunkers and blast 'em to jannat. Like it or not, massa got that formula right when it comes to dealing with the pakis.
RB any are there any news or articles abt this happening. I had heard about this vaguely but never confirmed.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

RamaY wrote:
SaiK wrote:Even with BJP, we could not cross the yellow sea.
Yes. The ABV's BJP
There were also promises of exposing the ISI through a white paper and then brave talk of hot pursuit. I don't know whose BJP it was that made such tall promises.

Another Indian PM implemented his own doctrine which was unilateral surrender and caused irreperable damage. We have always given away on negotiating table what was hard earned in battle because we felt we should not push the dushman too hard lest Versailles syndrome took over and Indian returns were diminished.

Indian leaders, irrespective of ideologies, take tough decisions only when they are left with no alternative at all and there is imminent threat to the nation.

All Indian leaders wallow in glory when the goras pat them on their back for 'exemplary restraint shown even under great provocation'. They have all been useless in dealing with Pakistan.

The IA's retaliation, which is sure to come, cannot be appropriated by these impotent leaders unless of course they had given explicit orders to do so and fully back the Army.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

removed
Last edited by Prem on 10 Jan 2013 08:07, edited 1 time in total.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Question:- How helpful can Desi JStar be in this situation ? Map the damn Poaqpoints and blow them precisely with aim of maximum Poaqanimal casualities .
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Jhujar, it is not the question of weapons or arsenal. We have got weapons to do it. It is political will power. Crossing the LoC and blowing up a few TSP posts can be done by the local commander while using a missile, especially during peace times, will require clearances from high levels which will never come.
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

now Saikat gets intot he act - all the regulars have been let loose

he claims the 9 MLI's ghatak platoon raided to stop harrassment provoking this action

in DNA
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by abhishek_sharma »

Death stalks LoC: A tale of two martyrs

Indian army soldiers, LNK Hemraj (L) and LNK Sudhakar Singh, who were allegedly killed by Pakistani soldiers. HT Photo