Possible Indian Military Scenarios - XII

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Re: Possible Indian Military Scenarios - XII

Post by johneeG »

Vivek saar,
truly the amount of effort put in by you is marvelous. And the work itself is top-notch. It deserves success and popularity. Good luck and best wishes... ! :)
gkriish
BRFite -Trainee

Post by gkriish »

Thanks for the Hard work you put on the story Vivek Appreciate your effort to keep us Interested in the Story
ashvin
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ashvin »

Dear Vivek,
I have immensely enjoyed every episode of your stories. Simply amazing piece of writing and I cannot wait for the book to come out.
Khalsa
BRFite

Post by Khalsa »

Dear Vivek

Thank you so much for the journey. It has been awesome. I rarely frequented this dhagga because of ... if nothing but for it was not real.
But your scenario and everything has been eye opener for a case of what if. And this dhagga was the first one I clicked in the morning before even doing my path.

I applaud the effort you must have put it.
The calculations, the thought process, the writings, the corrections, the mind chess you must have played in your head till 4 am in the morning.
I absolutely bow to you.

Now as alll BRites imagined ourselves in the turret of Arjun with Kulkarni or on the Golf Club with Dhillion, I want you to picture the following.

The Internet
Planet Earth
DAY 19/01/2013 + 1330 HRS

His story had been well received and his book would be a sure shot success.

Ten Thousand Bharat Rakshak members stood in front of Vivek (virtually) and gave him a standing Encore.

Vivek simply smiled and bowed.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Vivekji,

Great! Look forward to read your book. All the best.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

> The smell of cordite was thick in the cramped surroundings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKFVa0TpJfg

as you can see here inside a abrams tank ... a forced air blower first clears the barrel of all smoke and unburnt propellant before the breech opens to load the next shell. only a whiff of smoke is left. so I dont think a modern tank turret is so bad... plus the NBC air purifier will likely be going full blast...so none of the outside particulate matter will be allowed in.

again here, using 2 piece ammo (challenger?) - zero smoke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykQc176YJEE

sorry to nitpick, but I like my steel beasts surgically neat and galaxyS3 fit n finish 8)
Last edited by Singha on 19 Jan 2013 08:02, edited 2 times in total.
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

Singha wrote:> The smell of cordite was thick in the cramped surroundings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKFVa0TpJfg

as you can see here inside a abrams tank ... a forced air blower first clears the barrel of all smoke and unburnt propellant before the breech opens to load the next shell. only a whiff of smoke is left. so I dont think a modern tank turret is so bad... plus the air purifier will likely be going full blast.
A few notes saar:

a) The turret hatch in the video is open. The turret in the case I was describing had been closed for hours.
b) One shot by itself is not much smoke/smell. But once you have fired dozens, if does get there based on what I have been told.
c) The smoke will be cleared by the filters, but the smell sticks to everything. Really gets bad after a few hours.

Singha wrote:I like my steel beasts surgically neat and galaxyS3 fit n finish
Oh then you are going to love the stories I have been told about the grime that gets there with soot etc from gunfire under long, closed-hatch battlefield conditions. Steel beasts lose their cleanliness outside and inside quick enough. :)

But not to worry, saar. Arjun saab can take it! 8)
Last edited by vivek_ahuja on 19 Jan 2013 08:04, edited 2 times in total.
Gurneesh
BRFite

Post by Gurneesh »

Vivek saar,

Tusi great ho.. thanks a lot for this very interesting scenario.

Am eagerly waiting for your next scenario to start.
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

Gurneesh wrote:Am eagerly waiting for your next scenario to start.
Same here! :twisted:

But I will wait for at least a couple weeks or so for folks to accept that this scenario is at an end before starting the next one. Plus it will give me time to get the novel out and also to do some preliminary tech updates to the simulation software I use to allow a future-based scenario.

As you can imagine, this take time to set up. :!:
asbchakri
BRFite

Post by asbchakri »

vivek_ahuja wrote:

But I will wait for at least a couple weeks or so for folks to accept that this scenario is at an end before starting the next one. Plus it will give me time to get the novel out and also to do some preliminary tech updates to the simulation software I use to allow a future-based scenario.

Sure take your time (but not too much time). :D . cannot stop refreshing the page looking for a new scenario :mrgreen: ..too much addiction.
bmallick
BRFite

Post by bmallick »

Thanks a ton Vivek Sir, for this excellent scenario. We have been lucky to have someone with a story telling penchant like you in our midst and giving us glimpse of your work even before it hit the stands. There is no doubt in my mind that you are a story telling star in the making. Good luck for your publishing and Godspeed.
rajanb
BRFite

Post by rajanb »

Dear Vivek,

Thanks for such an engrossing novel. You have kept me rivetted for hours and it has been time beautifully spent. May you suceed in all your endeavours.

We are fortunate and lucky to have a story teller like you in our midst. Gripping and entertaing to say the least. I tried to predict the direction of the various scenarios but failed miserably and am happy I did!

Looking forward as to where I can purchase a copy of your book and give it a never-put-down till I finish read! :)

Cheers.
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

Dear Vivek,

Thank you for the amazing read. Kept coming back over the days- again and again to see if any updates were posted or not.

And congratulations also for finishing the Scenario- So many of them start and stop before the end here on BR. Looking forward to the book edition.

Best regards
MK
nash
BRFite

Post by nash »

One of the reason to come BR is to look for any new post from Vivek on his scenario, it seem like now I have to wait for it, hope not so long.

Really looking forward for the book, as i said to know all the details of aftermath of nuke strike and what will be the building block of next book.

For extra marketing, we can use our FB or twitter account to suggest this book to our friends.

Sequel of this scenario i think will be awesome , more diverse and vast.But if the timeline is 2025 then there would be lot of unexpected angle, which will make the scenario more interesting.
dipak
BRFite

Post by dipak »

Dear Vivek,

Thanks for taking us on a wonderful ride so far ...and what a journey it was ..absolutely fantastic!
Eagerly awaiting your upcoming book and then the future works!

Cheers!
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Congratulations on the fine work Vivek and thanks for sharing it with us.

Kudos.
nitinr
BRFite -Trainee

Post by nitinr »

thank u Vivek.

looking forward to the book and details on how to get it..
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Vivekji,

Great job. I have been reading this scenario from 2007, needed it to keep my spirits up. You showed remarkabl perseverance to get this through. May your hard work bear the results you deserve.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Misraji wrote:@Disha:

The only place where you and I differ is you want to be bombed back to stone-age and I don't.
Not to mention future generations being born with radiation-related illnesses and deformities living among ruins of once magnificent cities....
Misra, before you comment on what others want or not based on your prejudices and biases, please learn more. Particularly the reasons why nukes are coveted and nukes are deemed to be useful. Even IK Gujral, who famously sold India's covert capability bringing India down to knees by his famous (and much reviled) Gujral doctrine coveted nukes. If you do not know please learn.

The current concept of Non-violence as propounded curretly is the first and last resort of cowards or people who do not want to take a stand.

Further, visit Hiroshima and Nagasaki (no physically visit them first) and show me future generations being born with radiation-related illnesses and deformties living among ruins of once magnificient cities.

You cannot base your arguments on lies and rona-dhona. So stop this rona-dhona, first get a life, then get some knowledge.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

disha wrote:
Misraji wrote:@Disha:

The only place where you and I differ is you want to be bombed back to stone-age and I don't.
Not to mention future generations being born with radiation-related illnesses and deformities living among ruins of once magnificent cities....
Misra, before you comment on what others want or not based on your prejudices and biases, please learn more. Particularly the reasons why nukes are coveted and nukes are deemed to be useful. Even IK Gujral, who famously sold India's covert capability bringing India down to knees by his famous (and much reviled) Gujral doctrine coveted nukes. If you do not know please learn.

The current concept of Non-violence as propounded curretly is the first and last resort of cowards or people who do not want to take a stand.

Further, visit Hiroshima and Nagasaki (no physically visit them first) and show me future generations being born with radiation-related illnesses and deformties living among ruins of once magnificient cities.

You cannot base your arguments on lies and rona-dhona. So stop this rona-dhona, first get a life, then get some knowledge.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

vivek_ahuja wrote:

Well I was thinking of taking sabbatical from BRF once your scenario was complete but now I have to stay on for more.
trushant
BRFite -Trainee

Post by trushant »

Vivek .... there is an article in today's ET...it talks about Amish Tripathi's book marketing technique after his first book in Shiva Trilogy was rejected by each and every publisher in India...reason..no readership / connect with youth for topics on Gods etc.
He printed the first chapter and distributed it at major bookstores as a sampling initiative, also got a movie trailer made for the book and uploaded on Youtube. He created the buzz first ... inquiries started pouring in which in turn forced the publishers to stand up and take notice. So if you find these guys giving similar reasons ... BR junta would happily do all the aforementioned things to create the buzz at right places

At the same time ..let me thank you for adding some real thrill in our 9 to 9 lives... as I had said earlier ..while reading your posts I could visualise all those events, places mentioned in your scenarios ..be it CMC meetings in Beijing, Col Fernandes' Pinaka battery in Bhutan, Maj Kulkarni in our very own Arjun MBT on DBO front...and lots more. Over and above that you took pains to explain your rationale behind each event which I think helped the forum members to better understand the logic and implications of each post. The book reader would miss this part although you may think of providing a link to this thread in your novel for those who want to understand things better.

Finally ..take a bow Sir!
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Vivekji

Now that the scenario is over, is it possible to discuss the 'realized' logistic issues/failures and ordinance/missile deficiencies that led to escalation of war? For example would it have been possible to achieve the same end result if India had LRCMs, strategic bombers, more defense satellites, HALE UAVs etc?

I know some of it is part of preparation for next scenario, but we can do some technology and capability discussion?
hpatel
BRFite -Trainee

Post by hpatel »

Thanks for dedicating so many hours/days/years, and sticking to it, to complete the story for us.
:-)
Misraji
BRFite

Post by Misraji »

disha wrote: Misra, before you comment on what others want or not based on your prejudices and biases, please learn more. Particularly the reasons why nukes are coveted and nukes are deemed to be useful. Even IK Gujral, who famously sold India's covert capability bringing India down to knees by his famous (and much reviled) Gujral doctrine coveted nukes. If you do not know please learn.

@Disha:

I am willing to discuss view points and accept that I am wrong if needed.
I perfectly accept the idea that different people can have different opinions based on a variety of environmental factors and that its alright.

However, the language that has been used in the various posts have left a bitter taste in my mouth.
So I withdraw from this argument.
You have won.

--Ashish
Chinmayanand
BRF Oldie

Post by Chinmayanand »

Awesome writing , Vivek . Looking forward to your book and wish you a great success. :)
Your scenaio was a very strong reason to land up here on BRF every now and then. The excitement to click on the last page of this thread hoping for your new posts and the joy after seeing them can not be put in words. A big thanks to you !!! Hope, you will start the second one soon and bring the excitement,wait and joy back along with the passionate feedback from all other folks.
manum
BRFite

Post by manum »

Vivek it was beautiful game of chess you played...

It takes a lot of technical skill, calculation....and knowing where you lost or won...

good luck with the book...
Misraji
BRFite

Post by Misraji »

@Vivek_Ahuja.

Beautiful piece of work, Sirjee. Kudos to you.... :)
And gyan about battle simulation was much appreciated.

Looking forward to your books.

--Ashish
member_23360
BRFite

Post by member_23360 »

Amazing piece of work, got addicted to your posts

All the Best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aaryan
BRFite

Post by Aaryan »

Vivek Sir,
Take a bow....
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

This scenario started on 26 August 2008., this is actually the second post from Vivekji starting this entire thread.
NEW DELHI
DAY 1 + 0950 HRS

“So what can you tell me about the Lhasa situation?” the Minister asked.
“Tense.” The Ambassador replied before reaching for his cup of tea. His eyes did not move up to match those of his host. A few seconds of silence then reminded him that more was required from him. His eyes finally caught up with those of the host.
Thanks a lot again Vivekji for your persverance, patience and above all your very riveting story telling abilities. Let us know when the book comes out. You should have autograph specials for the BRF jingoes!
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

RamaY wrote:Now that the scenario is over, is it possible to discuss the 'realized' logistic issues/failures and ordinance/missile deficiencies that led to escalation of war? For example would it have been possible to achieve the same end result if India had LRCMs, strategic bombers, more defense satellites, HALE UAVs etc?

I know some of it is part of preparation for next scenario, but we can do some technology and capability discussion?
Absolutely.

I guess the decision on whether the discussion can be done on this thread is up to the admin but other than that, I am okay in doing whatever what-ifs might have occured to you during the course of the scenario. I will of course answer any scenario specific questions that I can.

-Vivek
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

To all readers,

A big thank you for all your comments and compliments! I have no words to express how much I appreciate those who pushed me to complete this massive undertaking to its relatively successful conclusion.

As Disha pointed out, we have been on this scenario since 2008! Its been four years!

Hopefully the next one (which I will start in about a week or so) will not be as murderously long since I do have a starting point here at the end of this scenario for its sequel. I hope you will enjoy the more streamlined ride this time.

Thanks

-Vivek
MurthyG
BRFite -Trainee

Post by MurthyG »

Not anything that has not been said before. But Amazingly realistic scenarios Vivek ji.
Shat Shat pranam.
Will be waiting to buy your book on amazon.
Best Regards.
rohanldsouza
BRFite -Trainee

Post by rohanldsouza »

Vivek - Thanks for an awesome story. Even though I am relative newbie on the board I have followed the scenarios for a few years.
Love the details you bring.

As someone who loves defense tech I must say you guys eye for details is outstanding. Keep up the Good Work.

Eagerly waiting for your book to come out.

I second pandyan's suggestion above - Consider writing Full Time instead of a hobby. :)

Military fictions writers are a rare breed.

A Suggestion - Indian Publishers should seriously take note of the talent on this board and nurture this talent for All the Lovers of Indian Military fiction. Who knows maybe the "Indian Armed Forces" are doing so already.
nash
BRFite

Post by nash »

vivek_ahuja wrote: Absolutely.

I guess the decision on whether the discussion can be done on this thread is up to the admin but other than that, I am okay in doing whatever what-ifs might have occured to you during the course of the scenario. I will of course answer any scenario specific questions that I can.

-Vivek
I think we can discuss in this thread because things like LRCM,Satellite,UAV or UCA,Mother missile,Laser,etc would be assumtions in the next scenario and people or experts can discuss and give their insights here, what will the status of these weapons in a decade.
k prasad
BRFite

Post by k prasad »

Beautiful work Vivek. Would love to get the book now to see the detailed epilogue, especially wrt international reactions.

Could we maybe have a few more teaser posts with some more details? Pretty please?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

so its over? I wonder if there are any posts detailing the aftermath 'adjustments' in India , Cheen, relations with the P2, Sino-Japan/Taiwan relations...but I guess its better left for the book rather than fall prey to the rona dhona here.

great work and I look fwd to seeing the book out.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Vivekuddin bin Kitabi..................in LMU parle. Great job Vivek Saar.
RAMESHJ
BRFite -Trainee

Post by RAMESHJ »

Thank you Sir.