Islamism & Islamophobia Abroad - News & Analysis

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Anindya
BRFite

Re: Islamism & Islamophobia Abroad - News & Analysis

Post by Anindya »

Islam: 74% of French say it's an 'intolerant' religion
A new survey by Paris-based Ipsos research company on Thursday showed 74% of French respondents believe the Muslim religion is ''intolerant'' and incompatible with their social values.

The survey, published on the Le Monde newspaper website, also showed eight out of 10 French people believe the Islamic religion tries to impose its views on others, 10% believe a majority of Muslims are fundamentalists, and another 44% believe a many but not all Muslims are fundamentalists. Most respondents did not know how to define fundamentalism, however.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Compared to French Catholicism?
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Anindya wrote:Islam: 74% of French say it's an 'intolerant' religion
A new survey by Paris-based Ipsos research company on Thursday showed 74% of French respondents believe the Muslim religion is ''intolerant'' and incompatible with their social values.

The survey, published on the Le Monde newspaper website, also showed eight out of 10 French people believe the Islamic religion tries to impose its views on others, 10% believe a majority of Muslims are fundamentalists, and another 44% believe a many but not all Muslims are fundamentalists. Most respondents did not know how to define fundamentalism, however.
I wonder what the other 26% were thinking?
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

anupmisra wrote:
I wonder what the other 26% were thinking?
You mean the 26% Muslims in France?
brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Post by brihaspati »

sanjaykumar wrote:Compared to French Catholicism?
But the French did manage to overthrow the Catholic church's power - and one of the first powers in Europe to try and separate the church from the state. Even after restoration, it never was allowed to get back into positions close to state power.

Compared to that no country which attains Muslim majority ever overthrows the hold of the clergy on politics and state power.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Isn't it blasphemy to debate Islam and Muhammed's life?
Anindya
BRFite

Post by Anindya »

More needless destruction of precious heritage of mankind...

Ancient Timbuktu Manuscripts, 1 in Hebrew, Torched by Islamists
The library, which contained thousands of priceless manuscripts from ancient times, was put to the torch as the rebels fled the French and Malian troops who were closing in on the Saharan city.

At least one of the manuscripts, buried beneath the sand or in cave for centuries in wooden trunks and boxes, was written in Hebrew. Another was written in Turkish, according to Seydo Traore, a researcher at the institute where the manuscripts were kept.

Most were written in Arabic, and some were written in African languages. They covered women’s rights, medicine, music, poetry, geography, history, religion and even astronomy, dating as far back as the year 1204. Researchers had managed to digitize only a small percentage of the manuscripts.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

A couple of posts about Sharukh Khan and his victimhood in India.

Shah Rukh Khan gives insight into life of a Muslim post 9/11 attacks
In a first person account for Outlook Turning Points magazine, which is published in association with The New York Times newspaper, superstar Shah Rukh Khan gives his fans an insight into the life for a Muslim in the post-9/11 world.

In this account, Shah Rukh Khan speaks about how he became an "inadvertent object of political leaders".

The article, which is titled "Being a Khan", is published in the current issue of the magazine. Shah Rukh Khan writes, "I sometimes become the inadvertent object of political leaders who choose to make me a symbol of all that they think is wrong and unpatriotic about Muslims in India."

{Thisis a bit too rich, he has benfitted beyond his fair share in India. Its the US that has frisked him twice and he returns often there. Talk of biting the hand that feeds him.}

"There have been occasions when I have been accused of bearing allegiance to our neighbouring nation rather than my own country - this even though I am an Indian, whose father fought for the freedom of India. Rallies have been held where leaders have exhorted me to leave and return what they refer to my original homeland," Shah Rukh Khan adds.

{He goes out of his way to get Paki players into his cricket team. Being a cricket team owner he has some responsbilities to the state he lives in.}

Khan also discusses the reason behind naming his children Aryan and Suhana. "I gave my son and daughter names that could pass for generic (pan-India and pan-religious) ones - Aryan and Suhana. The Khan has been bequeathed by me so they can't really escape it."

"I pronounce it with my epiglottis when asked by Muslims and throw the Aryan as evidence of their race when non-Muslims enquire. I imagine this will prevent my offspring from receiving unwarranted eviction orders or random fatwas in the future," he wrote.

Shah Rukh Khan also says he was so sick of being mistaken for a terrorist, "who co-incidentally carries the same name as mine that I made a film subtly titled My Name Is Khan (and I am not a terrorist) to prove a point."

{No subtlelity there for it was filmed in US and most of the terrorists are his co-religionists. And after Sandy Hook even the autistism/Asperger syndrome sufferers are suspect.}

BTW he was frisked often in the US but has no takleef with them.
Despite his marginal talent he has made it big in Bollywood.

And to say Khan is a disability in Bollywood is ridiculous.

First post Venky Vembu:

King of Victimhood

Of Punjabi bhangra-pop artist Daler Mehendi, it was famously said that he built an entire entertainment career on the strength of just five nifty dance moves.

Much the same can be said of actor Shah Rukh Khan. A man of at best middling histrionic capabilities, he has fashioned a far more phenomenally successful career on the strength of far less discernible talent. More importantly, he was embraced by a generation of Indians who were evidently so swayed by his looks (or whatever else they saw in him) that they readily overlooked his vacuous performances, blessed him with fame and fortune – and even went on to crown him ‘King Khan’.

At the peak of his career, Shah Rukh was spoken of in the same breath as the Shahenshah of Bollywood, Amitabh Bachchan. That comparison may have been valid in terms of the box-office appeal that both held, but a certain indefinable element of classy refinement that Bachchan exuded even when the cameras were not whirring remained forever out of reach of SRK.

In his eternal quest to be the ageless Peter Pan of Bollywood, Shah Rukh appears not to have come to terms with the fact that while once he may have commanded a forgiving fan following, he is well past his prime. Like the Norma Desmond character that Gloria Swanson essayed in Billy Wilder’s Sunset Boulevard, he is only clinging on to the memories of a happier day when the arclights were turned on him and the adulation of fans enveloped him in a warm, glowing embrace.

Grow up, Shah Rukh Khan! Reuters

So, by every verifiable metric, it’s fair to say that Shah Rukh Khan has enjoyed more success – and earned more fame and fortune and fan-love – than he arguably deserves. Which is why it’s difficult to account for the victimhood chip – rooted in his identity as a Muslim – that he bears on his shoulders.

In an interview that he gave to an overseas publication, Shah Rukh Khan is quoted as saying that he “sometimes become(s) the indvertent object of political leaders who choose to make me a symbol of all that they think is wrong and unpatriotic about Muslims in India.”

There have been occasions, he said, when he had been accused of “bearing allegiance to our neighbouring nation rather than my own country – even though I am an Indian, whose father fought for India’s freedom.”

Oh, cry me a river, Shah Rukh. Millions upon millions of fans in India made you who you are – without pausing even to reflect once on your religious identity. In an earlier time, a Muhammad Yousuf Khan may have felt the need to rechristen himself Dilip Kumar to give himself a better shot at survival in Bollywood, but cinema fans in India today are truly blind to the religious identity of their stars; if anything, today, going by the number of Khans in Bollywood’s top-bracket, the Khan surname has something of a premium appeal, even though many of them, with some rare exceptions like Aamir Khan, bring at best mediocre acting talent to the screen.

It’s true, of course, that your films have had their problems with Shiv Sena leader Bal Thackeray, who kicked up a shindig by protesting against your film My Name Is Khan on specious grounds. But then you aren’t the only person – or even the only person in Bollywood – to have faced the Shiv Sena’s politically motivated ire. And while it’s of course true that every such instance of intimidation of the entertainment industry deserves to be condemned, you – of all privileged people – shouldn’t be seeking refuge in Muslim victimhood. More than most others, you always had access to sympathetic media treatment – and the unstinted support of everyone who spoke up in your defence (and even provided security cover for screenings of your film). And, by the way, have you given voice to a word of solidarity for Kamal Haasan, whose film Vishwaroopam too currently faces criminal intimidation from others like you who are feeding off Muslim victimhood?

Heck, even when you made a colossal ass of yourself by getting into inebriated fights with fellow-stars in Bollywood – or even just a lowly security guard at Wankhede Stadium who was merely doing his job – you’ve had media divas offering you therapy sessions on their studio couches to present your side of the matter, such as it is. Not many others get the chance to redeem themselves after such exceptionally boorish conduct.

In any case, My Name Is Khan was itself premised on a sense of victimhood – and we haven’t exactly forgotten how you milked your brief but propitiously timed detention at a US airport about that time to market your film. And to think that unlike what happens to countless other plebeians in similar situations, the Indian government scrambled to get US immigration authorities to let you off because, of course, you are a superstar. And you complain today – to an overseas publication – that you’re being targeted for being a Muslim?
It was your Bollywood fame (and fortune) that gave you another foothold – in the IPL Cricket League – and, of course, with it came yet more fame, but also the critical attention of countless fans. Cricket and Bollywood are two of the biggest ‘religions’ in India, about which virtually everyone has an opinion, and you’ve got a giant footprint in both the spheres. So, get used to the fact that you will get a lot of criticism, just as you’ve got a lot of undeserved fan-love, particularly when you go against the grain of the prevalent national mood and argue for having Pakistani cricketers play in the IPL League.

So, grow up, Shah Rukh, and learn to take it on the chin like a man. Don’t bite the hand that fed you – and made you who you are – by running off to an overseas publication and crying your heart out, thereby providing the space for low-life terrorists like Hafiz Saeed to take potshots at India.

India may not be a paradise – not by a long shot – but, as writer Patrick French observed at the Jaipur Literature Festival, you only have to look around India’s neighbourhood – including the “neighbouring country” you couldn’t even name in your interview – and ask yourself where else you would rather live…
Anindya
BRFite

Post by Anindya »

slightly dated, but the basic theme seems to be based on the praise for Pakistan from SRK...

Impose a terror tax on Pak cricketers
The`great` neighbour

'It (Pakistan) is a great neighbor to have...They are good neighbors. Let us love each other. Let me be honest. My family is from Pakistan... '

Now was that really necessary? And was it also necessary for our media to conflate these statements with Shiv Sena`s xenophobic idiocy?

The fact remains that Pakistan in the last 25 years has killed at least 75,000 Indians including women and children - from Kashmir, through Punjab, Maharashtra, the north-east and in pretty much every major Indian state. And that is a conservative estimate.

As we speak, there has been a major escalation of terrorist attacks from Pakistan over the last few months - and thanks to 'our great neighbor', Indian families have been receiving a steady stream of body bags: of brave Indian sons who put their lives in between our families and the marauders from across the border. Of innocent people blown up by bombs in public places. Like the German Bakery in Pune.

We could well have ignored the pocket-book driven uninformed ramblings of a movie-star, but then, our national media started a shrill 'Support SRK' campaign with absolutely no attempt to analyze the implications of what he`s said.

Ponder this

Why was this `great neighbour` statement needed? After all, this particular statement has little or nothing to do with IPL or cricket, but is rather a callous white-washing of the misery, pain and loss that hundreds of thousands of Indian families have suffered due to Pakistani bloodlust.

All this, simply because the thespian concerned needs to make some Pakistani rupees.

How low can our media and intelligentsia really get? Are the supporters of this 'Pakistan is a great neighbor' madness, now going to walk over to the home of martyred JCO Arun Palekar and tell his family - 'Never mind his death - Pakistanis who killed him and support his killing, are really good guys'.

Separating the supporters from perpetrators in Pakistan is impossible...
member_22872
BRFite

Post by member_22872 »

x-posting from TIRP thread:
Indian govt should provide security to SRK: Malik
He (Shahrukh) is born India [ Images ]n and he would like to remain Indian, but I will request the government of India (to) please provide him security. I would like to request all Indian brothers and sisters and all those who are talking in a negative way about Shahrukh, they should know he is a movie star,
He was responding to questions about a first-person account penned by Shahrukh in a magazine, in which the star focused on his experiences as a Muslim in the post-9/11 world. Malik said that extremism was growing around the world.
India has realised now which I identified three years backthat this (extremism) is going to grow in India," he claimed. Pakistan, he said, would not exploit such extremism or "use it negatively"
He addedm, "Let's get together and fight against this extremism and terrorism because we are working for betterment and peace in Pakistan and India".
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

We should keep this thread clean of "South Asian" issues.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

RajeshA, Do you read German? There is a book called "Goodbye Muhammad"
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

ramana wrote:RajeshA, Do you read German? There is a book called "Goodbye Muhammad"
Good Bye Mohammed: Wie der Islam wirklich entstand
Author: Norbert G. Pressburg
Publication Date: Dec 22, 2009

ramana garu,

thanks. Will read it!
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

http://www.investigativeproject.org/386 ... hite-house
Aman and 6 of the Brotherhood in the White House!

( So many Desis ! It has implication for India )
A Pakistani lawyer and prestigious professor in the struggle against terrorism and public security in the National Defense University in the United States, who was born in 1968 of an Indian father and Pakistani mother who emigrated to the United States in 1960, He graduated magna cum laude from the University of California at Irvine
The Qutb-ist, who saw the most serious American national security documents

Rashad Hussain, born in 1978, is an American lawyer of Indian origin. Hussein was born in Wyoming and grew up in Plano, Texas. His father Mohammed Hussein was a mining engineer.A graduate of Greenhill School in Dallas, Texas, he earned a bachelor's degree in two years, both in philosophy and political science, from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He holds a master's degree in Arabic and Islamic Studies from Harvard University, and served as editor of the Journal of Law at Yale University .Hussein sought to expand the partnership between the United States and the Islamic world, and has been outspoken on the need to combat terrorism.In January 2009, he served as a lawyer in the American Justice Department. Hussein was appointed legal adviser to the White House by Greg Craig, and helping raise the Administrations awareness of what concernsMuslims and Islam.
He began advising Obama on issues related to Islam after joining the Obama team and being appointed as legal adviser to the White House in January 2009, and Obama entrusted him to draft speeches on foreign policy,and he formulated Obama's speech in Cairo.On February 13, 2010, President Obama appoinred him United States special envoy to the Organization of Islamic Cooperation and after this appointment, President Obama said about Hussein:
"I chose him for this position as an accomplished lawyer and a close and trusted member of my White House staff, Rashad has played a key role in developing the partnerships I called for in Cairo. And as a hafiz of the Qur'an, he is a respected member of the American Muslim community. and I thank him for carrying forward this important work."Hussein represented the United States government as an observer in August 2012 at the Islamic Summit Conference in Mecca, as envoy to the Organization of the Islamic Conference.
In June 2002 Hussein was included as part of a team of Congress aides at the annual conference of the American Islamic Council CAMC) headed by Abdulrahman Al Amoudi a Muslim Brotherhood leader in the United States currently imprisoned after being accused of masterminding a plot to assassinate Prince Abdullah of Saudi Arabia. He was also part of the organizing committee of the conference of the Critical Islamic Reflections (CIR) organization with elements of the American Muslim Brotherhood, Jamal Barzanji, Hisham Taleb, and Yaqub Mirza. He has also been linked to the SAFA organizartion and a network of Islamic organizations located in Northern Virginia whose headquarters was raided by the federal government in March 2002 which confiremd their relationship with the international organization of the Brotherhood whose senior leaders are Tariq Ramadan, Jamal Badawi, and Taha al-Alwani
Salam was nominated in 2002 to work with the National Security Agency.
In March 2002, the FBI raided the ADAMS organization on suspicion that they provided material support to terrorists. After questioning him he left the headquarters of the FBI joining crowds of Muslims there and said: "This is a war against Islam and Muslims."He was able through societal pressure to remove parts of the curricula in United States schools which subjected Islam and Muslims to being described by terrorism and extremism.Later he also served on the National Security Council, and was a member in the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Arab Consultative Council
In 2011 Obama appointed him as an adviser in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to combat violent extremism and terrorism and provide advice to individuals belonging to the Federal Bureau of Investigation and other federal agencies. He soon become a constant visitor to the White House. Time magazine and the Huffington Post presented as the imam of the Muslims of America. They confirmed his presence everywhere all over the States to connect with Muslims there. The Obama administration began to feel his influence and authority over areas in which Muslims are dispersed in the country
A friend of al Banna's grandson and an Obama adviser
A Muslim American of Indian origin .. He grew up n Illinois and studied at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and earned a bachelor's degree in sociology. He has a PhD in Religious Sociology from the University of Oxford, through a scholarship. When he was a student at the University of Oxford, he carried out many projects for young Muslims from different religions and nationalities from India, Sri Lanka, and South Africa.He officially founded the IFYC Foundation in 2002 with a Jewish friend with a $3500 grant from the Ford Foundation. Today the organization employs about 30 people and its budget reaches $4 million. It is an institution concerned with the relationship between young people and the essence of religions.He writes for the Washington Post, the Huffington Post, and USA Today. He is a member of the Religious Advisory Committee' of the Council on Foreign Relations, and the National Committee for the Aga Khan Foundation, and a member of Advisory Board of the Duke University Centrer for Islamic Studies, and a Fellow of the Ashoka Foundation. He works as a consultant in the Department of Homeland Security and is a member of Barack Obama'sAdvisory Board.Eboo Patel has a very strong relationship with Hani Ramadan, one of the leaders of the Muslim Brotherhood and the grandson of Hassan al-Banna and the son of Said Ramadan the brother is law of al Banna, founder of the Muslim Brotherhood in Europe and the United States, in addition to his relationship with Siraj Wahhaj, a known American Brother, and his membership in the MSA in America: a large Brotherhood organization.
Last edited by Prem on 30 Jan 2013 04:28, edited 1 time in total.
brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Post by brihaspati »

So if you can show persistence in an organized manner, fanaticism and determination, the west will shake your hands over the long run. A lesson to learn.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

From Pioneer on KamalHasan's movie:

LINK
No anti-Muslim content, Kamal attacked for absurd reasons .
Wednesday, 30 January 2013 11:43 VR Jayaraj |

Coming out of Deepa Talkies at Viyyur near Thrissur in Kerala after watching Kamal Haasan’s big-budget film, Vishwaroopam, rice wholesaler Sunny Thomas asked: “Is this the film against which Islamist organisations are protesting? I think we Indians have lost all our senses in our craze for staging protests!”

Thomas cannot be blamed for being cynical about the protests that have been launched against Vishwaroopam, by the Popular Front of India (PFI), its political wing SDPI and other Islamist outfits. If at all there is anything to protest about, it is against the clumsiness of the movie itself.

The film has a lot of warfront fireworks between the Al Qaeda jihadis and the American military in Afghanistan in which weapons from simple AK-47s and ordinary Bazookas to supersonic aircraft and Chinook helicopters appear on screen. But apart from that, there is not much for even a hardened Islamist to protest against.

Vishwaroopam, is essentially a movie where all the action in the film happens in America and among the Afghan mountains. In the Afghanistan sequences, one frequently hears the Jihadis cry out Allahu Akbar, but these scenes are not powerful enough to evoke any response from Muslims.

“If Kamal Haasan had intended this to be the kind of movie the protestors are alleging it to be, then he has failed miserably. However, I don’t think he had any such intentions. It is an ordinary movie. At best, it is an American film throughout with some Indian elements added on,” said Thomas, a movie buff.

Kamal Haasan, who is also the producer and director of the film, appears as Viswanath, a Kathak guru surrounded by some superlatively beautiful Indian girls in New York City. He changes into a Muslim, which he originally was 20 minutes into the movie, much to the awe of wife Nirupama (played by Pooja Kumar), a nuclear oncologist.

We learn that the peaceful dance master with a feminine gait had a terrific past. In northern Afghanistan, he had lived with the jihadi group Al Qaeda (under the assumed name Visal Ahmed Kashmiri) and fought against Americans. But in the end we come to know that he is actually a terror-buster in pursuit of Al Qaeda lieutenant Omar, played beautifully by Rahul Bose.

Kamal Haasan turns out to be an Indian espionage agent in hot pursuit of Omar, who has been transplanted from Afghanistan into New York with the objective of dealing a big blow to the Americans with some mysterious weapon. However, no terror act succeeds on screen and it fails here also. The film ends happily, sparing Omar’s life, thus leaving the scope for a sequel open. Any Islamist, even a jihadi, should be grateful to Kamal Haasan for his failure to depict Al Qaeda’s brutality in the way many Hollywood directors have done in the past.

Apart from the climax, which has a throat-slitting scene, there are not many sequences in Viswaroopam that showed jihadis as barbarians.

“Nowhere in the film is Kamal Haasan suggesting any link between the Quran and modern-day jihad or between ordinary Muslims and jihadi terror,” said Sreekumar Nair, a fan of anti-jihad Hollywood films.

“Strictly speaking, it is a spy movie which can be set in any situation. However, I could not understand since when has RAW started playing second fiddle to the US,” he added.

Shamsuddeen Akbar, a college student, said it would be better if Muslims called off the protests at the earliest because moves against movies like Viswaroopam could give them a bad name.

“Such campaigns could generate a feeling that certain Muslims are waiting for a chance to protest against anything in which there is reference to the community,” he said.
Looks like its much ado about nothing And worse its bad copy of American genre after 9/11.
member_19686
BRFite

Post by member_19686 »

Vishwaroopam banned in UAE as content 'links Islam with terrorism'
Preeti Kannan
Jan 31, 2013 Updated Jan 31, 2013 9.24pm

DUBAI // The controversial Indian film, Vishwaroopam, will not be shown in UAE cinemas, the media regulator said yesterday.

A week after its global release and screening in some parts of India, Jumaa Leem, director of media content for the National Media Council (NMC), said the Tamil film will not be shown here because it “links Islam with terrorism”.
The film has its global release in Hindi today. Mr Leem said: “It is not being shown in any of the Gulf countries, Malaysia or even in some parts of India, where there are a few lawsuits. The court first rejected, approved and again rejected the screening of the film.”

Mr Leem added: “It will not be screened here because of ... the film’s clear link between Islam and terrorism. Islam is based on tolerance. Islam says killing one innocent person is equivalent to killing all mankind.”
The decision comes a week after the NMC reviewed the film, which was scheduled to be released in the UAE on January 24. It was released globally on January 25.
Actor and filmmaker Kamal Hassan’s spy thriller, which cost millions of dirhams to make, has run into legal problems since its release, particularly in India where Muslim groups have labelled it offensive and demanded it be removed from cinemas.
Despite India’s central board of film certification clearing the film, the Tamil Nadu government imposed a two-week ban citing law and order concerns. As a compromise, Mr Hassan had offered to edit out scenes deemed to be offensive. The state high court will rule on the ban on Wednesday.
Phars Film, Vishwaroopam’s distributors here, confirmed it would not release the film. “There are limits to how much a movie can be cut without damaging its theatrical appeal,” said the company’s managing director, Pritesh Depala. “We respect the decision.”
The move has, however, left some filmgoers in the UAE disheartened.
“I am disappointed that it is not being released here,” said Lalithkumar Selladurai, a Sri Lankan expatriate.
Kamal Nawaz, an Indian expatriate, said: “Kamal Hassan has agreed to remove scenes and if it is OK, it could be screened. He is known not to hurt any religious sentiments but if the film does have anything offensive, it should be edited instead.”

pkannan@thenational.ae

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news ... -terrorism
brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Post by brihaspati »

The real question is - why did Kamal Hassan dare to even think of making this movie? Inner philosophical/ideological dilemmas? Pure commercial instinct? Sense of what the popular subconscious might be exploring - to be manifested down the timeline?

Each of these lines of reasoning could be partially valid, while not being the sole reason. As a film star and a director, he has had to develop a very fine instinct about where the popular taste might be headed for. Otherwise he would be unable to maintain his status within the industry.

So contrary to concerns, I would suggest it is more an encouraging sign.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

Would there have been a scandal if his name was Kamal Hussain?
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

^ It wouldn't matter. IMHO, it was a simple commercial movie with an attempt to catch Hollywood standards. What mr. Secular Kamal didn't realize is India is not USA and Tollywood ain't Hollywood.

The most interesting thing is only Muslims in TN, Gulf Nations and Malaysia and probably Pakistan are hurt by this movie. Muslims in Hindi belt are not Islamic enough :rotfl:
Last edited by RamaY on 01 Feb 2013 07:46, edited 1 time in total.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

killing of children in Bharain
This is from facebook occupy wall street.
I dedicate this sketch to Qasem Ja’far, Bahraini 8-year-old child, who killed by of inhaling poisonous tear gas of Al Khalifa baby-killer police.

So far, more than 300 Bahraini children have died of Al Khalifa poisonous tear gas, and it is ludicrous that human rights organizations and countries with a claim on it have not reacted to that.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Kamal Hasan wanted to make a Hollywood movie and failed to realize he was in a psec maya world.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

ramana wrote:Kamal Hasan wanted to make a Hollywood movie and failed to realize he was in a psec maya world.
He drank too much of his own Pseudosecularism :mrgreen:
lakshmikanth
BRFite

Post by lakshmikanth »

KH does not understand Islam.

Any true Islamic society is a cult. It is a "green seeking" missile in self-destruct mode. Any sort of true moderation is violently suppressed. All this while having a constant victimization narrative against something (something could be the west, yindoos, chinese and what not).

Takkiya moderation is completely allowed (stuff like Sufi saints etc), and poobah himself set a great example with wonderful work at Hudaybiyah.

KH made this movie thinking Yindoos == Islamics. That is a wrong conclusion which many people who are illiterate about Islamism make.

I have not seen the movie, but from the interviews and all I think that In the movie, he tried to portray a true moderate Islamic who is a patriot as a "good" Muslim. While a non patriotic, fundamentalist muslim as a "bad muslim".

What he did not understand is there is nothing like a truly moderate Islamic, so every muslim identified himself with the latter, and thus KH inadvertently labeled ALL muslims as terrorists. That is the pisko root of this mess.

I say good for KH. Atleast, I hope he opens his eyes now.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

-del-
Last edited by Satya_anveshi on 01 Feb 2013 09:47, edited 1 time in total.
kshatriya
BRFite

Post by kshatriya »

brihaspati wrote:The real question is - why did Kamal Hassan dare to even think of making this movie? Inner philosophical/ideological dilemmas? Pure commercial instinct? Sense of what the popular subconscious might be exploring - to be manifested down the timeline?
Possibly to get back on his magnum opus Marudhanayagam which based on some industry insiders is filled with Anti Hindu Content and the protaganist renouces Hinduism for ROP.. Will make a perfect next movie and Hindus wont be able to do much after all the Vishwaroopam drama
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

What does Magnum Opus means, every KH movie is labelled as Magnum Opus. I remember media describing his last movie as such.

I think KH plans were in a mess after the drama since now Hindus can ask KH to due similar editing for Marudhanayagam.
kshatriya
BRFite

Post by kshatriya »

^^ I would think media/psecs would do an equal equal and will shut down the protesting Hindus if Marudhanayam is released... Now KH can appeal to his Islamic brothers for funding that movie.

He calls Marudhanayagam his unfinished magnum opus..

Marudhanayagam's conversion to Islam is not very clear and one can imagine the justification that will be "creatively" shown in the movie
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Please take Vishwaroopam and Kamal Hasan tamasha to another thread. This thread is for discussing Islamism ABROAD.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Hijab for a day: Non-Muslim women who try the headscarf
Pee Pee See
World Hijab Day calls on non-Muslim women to try out life under the traditional head scarf. Can it lead to more religious tolerance and understanding? "Because I'm not very skilled I'm wearing what you could call a one-piece hijab - you just pull it over your head. But I've discovered the scope is endless. There are all sorts of options."So says Jess Rhodes, 21, a student from Norwich in the UK. She had always wanted to try a headscarf but, as a non-Muslim, didn't think it an option. So, when given the opportunity by a friend to try wearing the scarf, she took it. "She assured me that I didn't need to be Muslim, that it was just about modesty, although obviously linked to Islam, so I thought, 'why not?'"Rhodes is one of hundreds of non-Muslims who will be wearing the headscarf as part of the first annual Continue Originated by New York woman Nazma Khan, the movement has been organised almost solely over social networking sites. It has attracted interest from Muslims and non-Muslims in more than 50 countries across the world. For many people, the hijab is a symbol of oppression and divisiveness. It's a visible target that often bears the brunt of a larger debate about Islam in the West. World Hijab Day is designed to counteract these controversies. It encourages non-Muslim women (or even Muslim women who do not ordinarily wear one) to don the hijab and experience what it's like to do so, as part of a bid to foster better understanding. "Growing up in the Bronx, in NYC, I experienced a great deal of discrimination due to my hijab," says organiser Khan, who moved to New York from Bangladesh aged 11. She was the only "hijabi" (a word for someone who wears the headscarf) in her school.orld Hijab day founder
"In middle school I was 'Batman' or 'ninja,'" she says. "When I moved on to college it was just after 9/11, so they would call me Osama Bin Laden or terrorist. It was awful.
Tumm Bhi Agar Kaffir hotte,
Naam na hotta tabb Osama, pakhana
Airporto pey na Hotti extra hullchall.
Naa duniya kehti terrorist, terorrist babe to You !
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

Is this a female version of shariah street patrol in Londonistan?
(Non-Moslem) woman left disfigured by acid attack by mystery woman in niqab as she walked home from work.
Naomi Oni, 20, was on her way home from work to her home in Dagenham, East London, on 30 December when an anonymous attacker, wearing a niqab, threw the corrosive liquid at her, leaving her with serious burns on her head, neck, arms, legs and body.

She has since undergone a month's treatment, undergoing skin grafts in Chelmsford's Broomsfield Hospital, where doctors initially warned her that she may not be able to see again. She can now see out of her left eye but still only has partial vision in her right.

Ms Oni, who is the sole carer for her 52-year-old disabled mother Marian Yalekhue...
The store assistant had just got off the bus and was talking to her boyfriend Ato Owede, 23, on her phone when she felt someone walking behind her in Lodge Avenue in Dagenham at around 12.40am.

She said:“I’d been working a late shift and was talking to my boyfriend about what we were going to do for New Year when I saw this Muslim woman wearing a niqab covering her face. I thought it was a bit strange at that time of night, but she didn’t say anything and I kept on walking.

“Then I felt a splash on my face. It burned and I screamed out. I started running and screaming, holding my face, all the way home. I didn’t look back.
rajsunder
BRFite

Post by rajsunder »

RamaY wrote:
ramana wrote:Kamal Hasan wanted to make a Hollywood movie and failed to realize he was in a psec maya world.
He drank too much of his own Pseudosecularism :mrgreen:
I hated him when i read that it was his force that made the producers introduce a Hindu character in the terrorists list in south Indian remake of "A Wednesday".
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

US: Police officers suspended for converting to Islam
US Officers Suspended For Islam Reversion
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Two police officers have sued Washington Metropolitan police in Superior Court, accusing its officials of suspending them indefinitely for converting to Islam.

Adham Numair-El and Ishmeal Heru-Bey, formerly Joseph Gibson and Jamal Adams, sued Metro Police Chief Cathy Lanier, internal affairs agent James McGuire and the District of Columbia, in Superior Court.

Numair-El, who's been on the force since 2004, and Heru-Bey, a police officer since 2002, both say they converted separately to Islam for spiritual peace and fulfillment.

They seek reinstatement and compensatory and punitive damages totaling $16 million, for employment discrimination, civil rights violations and negligent supervision.
This one is for RajeshA ji.
UK: 'Traces of pork DNA' found in Halal prison meat
The Ministry of Justice is to suspend a firm supplying meat to prisons after tests found that it may have provided pies and pasties described as Halal - but with traces of pork DNA.

Under Islamic law, Muslims are strictly forbidden to eat pork.

In a statement, Mr Wright said the Prison Service was investigating the incident "as a matter of urgency".

He added: "This is an absolutely unacceptable situation and one which we regret greatly.

"Clearly this must be distressing for those affected and they can be reassured we are doing everything we can to resolve the situation."

Editor of the Muslim News, Ahmed Versi, said the development was disturbing.

"This is very serious because no Muslim would ever eat pork meat - anything to do with pork - and it must be very distressing for those in prison who have been given this meat to realise they may have been eating food which was contaminated with pig."
"Uh oh, sorry about that". :mrgreen: One hopes that the pious prisoners' agitated 'ajb ul-dhanab finds this display of British embarrassment soothing in al-Barzakh.
member_19686
BRFite

Post by member_19686 »

rajsunder wrote: I hated him when i read that it was his force that made the producers introduce a Hindu character in the terrorists list in south Indian remake of "A Wednesday".
Do you have a link for this?
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

saudi barbari beheads Srilankan Muslim teenage maid NSFW graphic
did not post here due to the nsfw video.

Rizana Nafeek: Sorrowful Story of The Maid From Moothoor

A srilankan maid working in a saudi family wrongly convicted of a child's death, executed.
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Saudi preacher gets off light for raping, killing daughter

A Saudi preacher who raped his five-year-old daughter and tortured her to death has been sentenced to pay "blood money" to the mother after having served a short jail term, activists said on Saturday.

Lamia al-Ghamdi was admitted to hospital on December 25, 2011 with multiple injuries, including a crushed skull, broken ribs and left arm, extensive bruising and burns, the activists said. She died last October 22.

Fayhan al-Ghamdi, an Islamic preacher and regular guest on Muslim television networks, confessed to having used cables and a cane to inflict the injuries, the activists from the group "Women to Drive" said in a statement.

They said the father had doubted Lama's virginity and had her checked up by a medic.

Randa al-Kaleeb, a social worker from the hospital where Lama was admitted, said the girl's back was broken and that she had been raped "everywhere", according to the group.

According to the victim's mother, hospital staff told her that her "child's rectum had been torn open and the abuser had attempted to burn it closed."

The activists said that the judge had ruled the prosecution could only seek "blood money (compensation for the next of kin under Islamic law) and the time the defendant had served in prison since Lama's death suffices as punishment."

Three Saudi activists, including Manal al-Sharif, have raised objections to the ruling.

The ruling is based on Islamic laws that a father cannot be executed for murdering his children, nor can husbands be executed for murdering their wives, activists said.
:shock:
Barbarian did this to his own 5 years old daughter. Unbelievable
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

^^ :evil: :evil:
Lamia al-Ghamdi was admitted to hospital on December 25, 2011 with multiple injuries, including a crushed skull, broken ribs and left arm, extensive bruising and burns, the activists said. She died last October 22.
Randa al-Kaleeb, a social worker from the hospital where Lama was admitted, said the girl's back was broken and that she had been raped "everywhere", according to the group.
According to the victim's mother, hospital staff told her that her "child's rectum had been torn open and the abuser had attempted to burn it closed."
The activists said that the judge had ruled the prosecution could only seek "blood money (compensation for the next of kin under Islamic law) and the time the defendant had served in prison since Lama's death suffices as punishment."
The ruling is based on Islamic laws that a father cannot be executed for murdering his children, nor can husbands be executed for murdering their wives, activists said.
Some pics of the girl and her Saudi Cleric father

jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Aaaand...we have prompt solution too:

To protect baby girls from being sexually exploited, the Saudi cleric, Sheikh Abdullah Daoud, has called parents to make their female children wear the Islamic headscarf.

A Saudi cleric has called for all female babies to be fully covered by wearing the face veil, commonly known as the burka, citing reports of little girls being sexually molested.

In a TV interview on the Islamic al-Majd TV, which seems to date back to mid-last year, Sheikh Abdullah Daoud, stressed that wearing the veil will protect baby girls. The Sheikh tried to back his assertion with claims of sexual molestation against babies in the kingdom, quoting unnamed medical and security sources.

Recently picked up on social media, Sheikh Dauod’s statement prompted wide condemnation from his fellow Saudis on Twitter. Some tweeps called for the Sheikh to be held accountable because his ruling denigrates Islam and breaches individual privacy.

Sheikh Mohammad al-Jzlana, former judge at the Saudi Board of Grievances, told Al Arabiya that Dauod’s ruling was denigrating to Islam and Shariah and made Islam look bad.

Jzlana urged people to ignore unregulated fatwas and explained that there are special regulations set by the Saudi authorities to administer religious edicts and appoint those who are entitled to issue them.

He said that he feels sad whenever he sees a family walking around with a veiled baby, describing that as injustice to children.
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »