Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - Dec 25, 2012

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - Dec 25, 2012

Post by Lilo »

Is it only me or is the Japantimes.co.jp website currently being DDosed ...?
Since yesterday its inaccessible even through google translate.

Looks like The Dong falling off story has flied a few Jernail's bottoms in GHQ with tadka masala thrown in for a good measure.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

lakshmikanth wrote:Considering Bakis have fitted their own "Four Father" Seekers on their red tipped noDongs, one has to wonder whether the missile will land in Iran, Turkey, Russian Steppes, or Saudi Arabia. It is important that these countries "erect" their own missile defenses.
In fact, one such test landed the missile in Iran's Sistan and the Iranians naturally kicked up a big row. TSP is only responsible for firing the missile, the landing is not in their hands. It is in Allah's Hands. But, Turkey & KSA are too far away unless some new maal has come from China through NoKo or KKH.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

pentaiah wrote:Japan was one the loudest voice against 1998 Shakti tests and cheer leader against Nuke deal, and Japn is one of the biggest donor to TSP
That was why Japan was a part of the 3½ Friends. But, times are changing, Insh'a Alla'h.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

my reading of the below: Hagel (who agrees with kerry) seeks to aid pukis in whichever way he can.

US assistance to Pakistan should not be unconditional: Chuck Hagel - Economic Times
Hagel said the US and Pakistan often diverge over Pakistan's approach to the militant and terrorist networks that operate in Pakistan's territory and do not overtly threaten the Pakistani state.

"However, in my view, these networks threaten Pakistani stability, endanger the prospects for a settlement in Afghanistan, and undermine regional stability -- so that in fact, while the relationship is challenging, I believe our long-term strategic interests{which is to screw India} are in alignment," he said
Joseph
BRFite

Post by Joseph »

Jhujar wrote:Pakistan approves Gwadar port transfer to China
Yawn
“Both the companies have settled their deal,” he said, without giving a timetable for the transfer.Kaira said that Singapore’s PSA International could not develop or operate Gwadar “as desired” and said he hoped that under new management the port would soon contribute to Pakistan’s flagging economy.“The Chinese will make more investment to make the project operational,” Kaira said.
The problem is that Pakistan doesn't have much to export to the rest of the world and limited funds caps what Pakistan can afford to import.

The Chinese improving and/or expanding Gwadar won't do much at all for the Pakistani economy.

There have been past discussions about Pakistan surviving because of their location which has allowed them to function as a toll collector.

The Pakistanis need to generate more export - import demand to utilize Gwadar, but they are clueless and fallback to a toll collector mindset rather than thinking about actually growing their economy.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

http://tribune.com.pk/story/500898/esta ... old-polls/
KARACHI:

It was a small assurance from a big man that separated the wheat from the political chaff.

It came when Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) Fakhruddin G Ebrahim had met General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani at NADRA’s office last month
You won’t believe that was the first time I saw him,” said the chief election commissioner, who had turned to speak to whom he thought was a high-ranking army officer at the meeting. “I asked him to give my regards to General Kayani and he said, ‘I AM Kayani’.”
Yeah right! "Totally legit".
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Pakistan exports to India show 66% growth

Allah be Praised.
Pakistan is reaping a clear peace dividend by opening up trade with India. Despite holding back on granting MFN status to India, Pakistan's cautious opening up of its economy to trade with India is giving the country handsome benefits.

According to latest figures of the directorate general of commercial intelligence and statistics of the ministry of commerce & industry, Pakistan's exports to India grew by 66% between April and December 2012 over the same period in 2011. During the period, India's exports to Pakistan grew by a more modest 16%. {This is far more important to TSPizens than their 66% growth} With a new liberalized visa regime in place, both countries can expect this figure to go up further, officials said.

Pakistan's exports to India in the first nine months of 2012 stood at $460 million, as against $277 million during April-December 2011. It exceeded Pakistan's exports to India for the whole of 2011, which stood at $401 million.

"The growth of $183 million in Pakistan's exports to India during April-December 2012 is more than the increase of about $170 million in its imports from India in the same period," the government statement said. Commerce ministry figures also indicate that the share of Pakistan's exports in bilateral trade with India has almost doubled since 2009-10.

The government statement said, "Impressive increase in Pakistan's exports during April-December 2012 reflects the benefits of the steps taken to enhance bilateral trade, and improvement of trade environment, aided by Safta tariff reductions. In order to address concerns of Pakistan's exporters, the two countries had also signed three agreements in 2012 in areas of customs cooperation, mutual recognition of standards and redressal of trade grievances."
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Apparently, UNMOGIP has denied releasing or declassifying any information regarding Indian soldiers attacking Pakistani soldiers in LoC. Praveeen swami had claimed that his assertion that Indians had beheaded Pakistanis was based on UNMOGIP files.

So the next logical assumption is that GHQ had passed on their complaints to UNMOGIP to Praveen Swami. Wonder why he would think of those are reliable and published unsubstantiated allegations.
Suppiah
BRF Oldie

Post by Suppiah »

TSP is now the butt of net humor of all sorts

I was so depressed last night thinking about Health Care Plans, The Economy, The Wars, Lost Jobs, Savings, Social Security, Retirement Funds, ....
I called a Suicide Hotline. I had to press 1 for English.

I was connected to a call center in Pakistan . I told them I was suicidal.

They got excited and asked if I could drive a truck...... Folks, we're so doomed!
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

articles in past few days
1. rubbishing musharraf and exposing his duplicity
2. laughing off pakistani missile capability
3. beheading stories doing the rounds - both pro and anti

anyone would think that the media was trying to encourage india to attack...
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^ One Q now i have based on the famed accuracy of the TSP missiles:

Have any missile tests of the Ghauri/Shaheen ever been successful?
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Lalmohan wrote:articles in past few days
1. rubbishing musharraf and exposing his duplicity
2. laughing off pakistani missile capability
3. beheading stories doing the rounds - both pro and anti

anyone would think that the media was trying to encourage india to attack...
Media isn't a monolithic entity. Different factions, different motivations, different agendas.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

sum wrote:^^ One Q now i have based on the famed accuracy of the TSP missiles:

In the light of recent events, we have no option but to doubt the trustworthiness of Pakistani missiles and Praveen Swami.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

partha wrote:
sum wrote:^^ One Q now i have based on the famed accuracy of the TSP missiles:

In the light of recent events, we have no option but to doubt the trustworthiness of Pakistani missiles and Praveen Swami.
Based on reports the Shaheen(M-9) and Hatf -3 (M-11) are pretty accurate. Indian scientists put out that last Shaheen 1A(which Pakistan claimed flew over 1500KM) had a range of 673 KM and had the flight profile of what the Chinese claim for the M-9.

Seems to Pakis Nuke deterrent is still based on M-9 and M-11 and since Unlce and CHina have not sanctioned IRBM's.
Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Post by Yogi_G »

Aditya_V wrote:
Seems to Pakis Nuke deterrent is still based on M-9 and M-11 and since Unlce and CHina have not sanctioned IRBM's.
Yes provided that the Pakis indeed have miniaturized their bums enough to sit on missile warheads.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^ As Anujan-ji explained earlier, almost 400% sure that only TSP nook delivery package is fizzle-ya and thats why the AWACs is so important for such a small country ( else AWACs doesnt make sense for a country with virtually no depth) since they will form a major part of the strike package
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Yogi_G wrote:
Aditya_V wrote:
Yes provided that the Pakis indeed have miniaturized their bums enough to sit on missile warheads.
Its all China provided design so should not be a problem
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

SSridharji,
Is Praveen Swami also an Iyengar? Any idea.Or is he like "I am a proud beef eater" Aiyar? i HAVE a pisko theory about chindu.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

svenkat wrote:SSridharji,
Is Praveen Swami also an Iyengar? Any idea.Or is he like "I am a proud beef eater" Aiyar? i HAVE a pisko theory about chindu.
Why this obsession with caste?.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

This "what's wrong about one km here or there?" reveals that AQ Khan knows nothing about the bomb. Google and read how hard it is to destroy a railway yard for example. And without any appreciable accuracy paki detergent is useless . question of second strike does not arise because India has NFU. and in the absence of accuracy, question of first strike does not arise because our second strike capability is survivable.

Unless pakis wish for mass suicide while taking a few kafirs with them.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Published on Jan 31, 2013
Sharif knew of Kargil intrusion. He wanted to know when the Pak Army was gifting him Kashmir, says retd Pak Gen: India Today
Pakistani whistleblower - Lieutenant General (retired) Shahid Aziz - in his latest revelations on 1999 Kargil conflict with India has nailed former prime minister Nawaz Sharif's blatant lies.

His latest revelations not only highlight Pakistan's duplicity, but might also revive a debate whether Pakistani civilian authorities could be trusted to take the peace process forward given the treachery in the past in collusion with notorious spy agency Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) and army .

In an interview, Aziz said a senior Pakistani officer told him once that Sharif wanted to know when the Pak army was "gifting him Kashmir". The conversation allegedly happened during a high level meet between army top brass and Pak government.

Aziz also listed the chief architects of the Kargil conflict. He said it was the then army chief General Pervez Musharraf's brainchild. Lt Gen Mohammad Aziz, who was the chief of General Staff of Pakistani Army, along with then Force Command Northern Areas chief Lt Gen Javed Hassan and 10 Corps chief Lt Gen Mahmud Ahmad were the three other people who planned and executed Kargil intrusion under Musharraf's guidance.

Aziz's candid talk has thrown fresh lights on whether Pakistan's political leadership should also be held guilty for Kargil misadventure and if the then Pakistani premier's defence and claim of innocence needs to be reassessed by the Indian think tank.
member_22872
BRFite

Post by member_22872 »

In an interview, Aziz said a senior Pakistani officer told him once that Sharif wanted to know when the Pak army was "gifting him Kashmir". The conversation allegedly happened during a high level meet between army top brass and Pak government.
In the Capital talk interview Aziz says TSPA lies big time and gives an example. Now he says the knowledge about Nawaz's acquiescence about Kargil is not first hand but through an army officer. So not sure if this is true, why should Aziz believe this army officer who told him?
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Lt.Gen Aziz's revelations have been sensational.The chief architect behind it-Gen.Bandicoot, Mush-a-rat;the reason-to threaten India's hold on Siachen;the other plotters-Sharif,who said,"when are you giving us Kashmir?",and other titbits that (we on BR have spoken about long ago) the Paki military/ISI are in the drugs trade (along with their CIA pals,which is why they want to hold onto Afghanistan to control the billions made from the opium/heroin trade),and the chicanery tactics of the Paki uniformed tribe. That such a senior general,who was in the loop has exposed the truth of Kargil to the world,speaking from within Pak is truly remarkable.One must ask oneself why he has done so,exposing the guilt and falsehood of his fellow compatriots and civilian leadership.His candid interview has given India much ammo especially right now when we are in the midst of the beheading crisis,which sadly our very own govt. wants to sweep under the carpet so as to cohabit with the uniiformed and political sluts who are waging war against India.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Re: Strange Cross Border Collaboration

Post by SSridhar »

I would link Lt. Gen. Shahid Aziz's revelations with attempts by some Indian politicians, newspapers and journalists to implicate the IA in LoC violations of a gruesome nature. leave alone the morality of equating the truth (Lt. Gen. Aziz) with falsehood (Praveen Swami , The Hindu, INC et al), but ask the question who is orchestrating these coordinated revelations ? Who would have such an interest ? The idea is to move India-TSP situation to a denouement where each side should feel that there are mistakes on either side and each must therefore forget the past and indulge in 'give and take' to move forward. There is a method in this madness.

What is happening in this process is that Pakistan's perfidy. criminality, war crimes and duplicity are being offered against fabricated news against India (propagated through Indian ministers, lifafa press and political agents) and a moral equivalence is being forced down India's throats by external forces.
krithivas
BRFite

Post by krithivas »

Word on the (local) street is that the god has been stuck in a sort of honey-trap but of the hunk kind. Taking heavy toll on immediate family and friends.
But it is just word on the street.....
Aditya_V wrote:
svenkat wrote:SSridharji,
Why this obsession with caste?.
Suppiah
BRF Oldie

Post by Suppiah »

http://dawn.com/2013/01/31/five-die-in- ... -violence/

Perhaps Shah Rukh Khan should be very safe here in Karachi..he is Sunni, so not wajib-ul-qatl by default.

10 killed...including a couple of clerics, dont know which school of ROP they belonged to..
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

India Rejects Pak's Claim on Beheading of Troops - The Hindu
India on Thursday rejected as “totally baseless” Pakistan’s claim that its troops have also been beheaded by the Indian Army in the past.

Defence Minister A.K. Antony said though tension along the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir have “reduced” after the talks between the Directors General of Military Operations of the two countries, there was a need to remain vigilant and his Ministry has advised the government against being hasty on the issue of normalising ties with Pakistan.

“Totally baseless,” he told reporters in New Delhi when asked about Pakistan Army’s claim in complaints to the UN Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP) that several of its troops have been beheaded by the Indian Army in last 15 years.

Reports had said on Wednesday that Pakistan Army had filed complaints with UNMOGIP on the issue following which the Indian Army questioned the relevance of the UN body after the signing of the 1972 Simla agreement.

“Since the 1972 Simla Agreement, the relevance of UNMOGIP itself remains questionable,” Army spokesperson Colonel J Dahiya had said.

Tension along the Line of Control (LoC) had increased between the two countries after the killing of two Indian soldiers by Pakistani troops on January 8 in J&K’s Mendhar sector. One of them Lance Naik Hemraj was beheaded.

On reports that China was building three dams on the Brahmaputra river, Antony said, “We have not yet received the factual position. So, my reaction at the time would be premature. We will wait for the details and then the government will take a considered view.”

He said “Even though after the second round of DGMO-level talks the tension around LoC has reduced, we cannot lower our guard and we have to be vigilant 24x7.

“We have to take all precautions to face any eventuality and we are advising everybody that do not be hasty about normalisation. You wait and watch and then only move forward. That is our approach,” he said.
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

Another Jernail comes out of the closet. :rotfl: :rotfl:
Kargil a bigger disaster than East Pakistan : Former Pak General

ISLAMABAD: The Kargil incursion was a far bigger tragedy for Pakistan than the civil war which led to the creation of Bangladesh and damaged the country's Kashmir cause, a former general who quit army after being superseded by President Pervez Musharraf as chief of army has said.

Retired Gen Ali Kuli Khan Khattak, who quit the army after the then Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif appointed Musharraf as Army Chief in 1998 superseding him, said Kargil was flawed in terms of its conception, tactical planning and execution."It was an unprofessional decision by someone, who has served in the Pakistan Army for 40 years. As the architect of Kargil, he must answer critical questions for sacrificing so many soldiers. I am sure Kargil would continue to haunt him for the rest of his life," he said reacting to claims by Musharraf that Kargil was a successful operation.

He also challeged Musharraf's assertion that Kargil had revived the Kashmir issue. "I would say Kargil has damaged the Kashmir cause. It was a disaster bigger than the East Pakistan tragedy," he said, referring to the 1971 civil war which led to the creation of Bangladesh."At that time, Pakistan at least had some friends but on Kargil we were friendless. There was no way we could defend this tactless move," he said in an interview to 'The News' newspaper.

Describing Musharraf as "Mr General U-turn," Khattak said his seven-year rule has been "characterized by U-turns on policy matters. This president cannot hold on to anything. He is impulsive. He took decisions on Kargil, Waziristan, Balochistan and a host of other issues and then backtracked on most of them." He also accused Musharraf of mishandling the situation in Waziristan and Balochistan and "ordering the bombing and killing of our own people."

He was of the view that both issues ought to have been resolved politically. "I know from my sources that five to six military officers including colonels were court-martialled for refusing to fire on our people in Waziristan." He also disputed claims by Musharraf in his book 'In the Line of Fire,' that he (Kuli) advocated imposition of martial law when then-prime minister Nawaz Sharif forced General Jehangir Karamat, army chief at the time, to resign.

Khattak said he never made a case for military rule."My view was that the Army should be firm and fair in dealing with all situations. I certainly advised General Jehangir Karamat, (who quit following differences with Sharif) not to resign as Army chief but I didn't ask him to stage a coup and impose martial law," he said.Khattak and Musharraf were batchmates, having joined the 29th Pakistan Military Academy (PMA) course in Kakul and then becoming involved in an often bitter competition.

"I can say we were friends until I was made Chief of General Staff (CGS). Musharraf was very unhappy that he couldn't make it," he recalled.Reached in Karachi for his reaction to observations made by Musharraf about him in the book, he argued it was a one-sided version of events in which facts have been misrepresented and half-truths inserted.
http://www.dnaindia.com/world/report_ka ... an_1056536
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Retired Gen Ali Kuli Khan Khattak, who quit the army

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
These guys really do seem to jump out of BENIS material
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

It's election time... Even the army farticipates....
pentaiah
BRFite

Post by pentaiah »

all this and still GOI wants to deal, talk , beg and aman ki tamasha, burkah, parveen

where is the pride self esteem of the Indian luminaries and politicos

Paki ka bachha kabhi nahi sachha
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

AdityaV,
you have no clue of what is in my mind.It is frustrating to see the Hindus reporting.I am trying to see what makes them write what they do and I am trying to be charitable and see how they see the nation from their vantage point.

Their reporting,the INC viewpoint,Manish Tiwari,Kapil Sibal,Dr MMS,Jairam Ramesh view point can be legitimately interpreted as the view of politically influential people among sections of Punjabi Hindus/political iyengars who are frustrated with Indian reality,with caste,linguistic divisions,with corruption,oppression who want to ease tensions on LOC,seek co-operation with pakistan,and open up more opportunities in south asia by opening up an architecture wherein belligerent nationalism is downplayed while south asian co-operation based on shared ethnicities/linguistic affliations is promoted.

The iyengar part came from history in the last 1000 years:If 1000 years back,Sri Ramanuja thought parting ways with Yadava Prakasha was better,and 700 years back Vedanta Desika decided to part ways from Pillai Lokacharya to maintain the integrity of Ramanujas thought,if Rajaji felt Parition was better for India,if Jayalalitha will not countenance nonsense from anyone whether it is KH or another swamiji much respected in TN,the chindus viewpoint too is understandable.

Similarly punjabi hindus have seen how the sikh path has gone through subversions and even the odd perversion.And the sikh gurus came from the Khatri community.
Baikul
BRFite

Post by Baikul »

Jhujar wrote:Capital talk on Geo news - Lt. Gen. (R) Shahid Aziz
[youtube]D_w1ZmMy2Eg&feature=player_embedded#t=306s[/youtube]
Apart from his much touted and- by now- much known comments on PA's echandee and chaddi loss in Kargil, here are some data points from the interview:

1. Mushy wanted Pakistan to recognize Israel, but was prevented from doing so by his Generals
2. Mushy also wanted to send a PA division and brigade to fight Iraq in he first Gulf War but, once again, his Generals stopped it
3. The 'good general' Aziz is himself a hardliner in the best PA tradition
(a) He believes in the India Israel US nexus
(b) He believes the PA has moved away from its religion (as opposed to the goold old days of Zia)
(c) He believes Mushy sold out Kashmir for better relations with India, and that Kashmir 'has' to be made a central issues agai
(d) PA should stop the 'unjust' war in FATA which is being fought at the behest of the US onlee
(e) There was some random babbling on freemasons and kaffirs at the beginning
4. Interestingly enough he and the man he is b*ggering in the media, General Musharraf, are related by marriage although he does not specify the exact relationship. On a general note, it would be interesting to see how these PA 'core commandus' are inbred into one another.

James B wrote:Another Jernail comes out of the closet. :rotfl: :rotfl:
http://www.dnaindia.com/world/report_ka ... an_1056536
The story and the link seem to be from 2006?
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Tx baikul
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

Thanks Baikul. But it serves as another data point for the Generals who agree that Kargil was a blunder.
AbhiJ
BRFite

Post by AbhiJ »

Two Shia Polio Workers sent to Jannat by Sunni IEDology
Two polio vaccination workers have been killed in a landmine blast in the Kurram tribal region of north-west Pakistan, officials say.

The men were visiting a village in the Malikhel area when the mine went off. No group has claimed the attack.

Correspondents say Sunni militants may have planted the mine - the upper Kurram area is dominated by Shias who do not oppose anti-polio efforts.

At least 11 polio workers have now been killed in Pakistan in the past month.

Seven other charity workers were killed in January in the Swabi area - it is not clear if they were targeted because their charity offered vaccinations or education for girls.

The Taliban have threatened anti-polio efforts across Pakistan - accusing health workers of working as US spies and alleging that the vaccine makes children sterile.

Along with Afghanistan and Nigeria, Pakistan is one of only three countries where polio is still endemic.
kish
BRFite

Post by kish »

LeT seeks foothold in Myanmar
After Rakhine’s sectarian riots, the Lashkar and its parent organisation, the Jammaat-ud-Dawwa (JuD), formed a new forum — Difa-e-Musalman Arakan-Burma Conference (Defence of Muslims in Myanmar) — in order to mobilise supporters for a campaign against the ruling military junta of Myanmar.
If true, this is good news for India. pakis do not know about myanmar military junta, if disturbed they will pay back 10x times. They simply do not care about Human rights watch, Amnesty, UN or any other organization.
member_22872
BRFite

Post by member_22872 »

^^^^ Neither Does LeT cares about human rights. Both Myanmar and India are kafur countries and Myanmar remained Islamic terror free so far. This focussing of LeT on Myanmar means trouble for India as new front opens from the east, that too with thick jungle cover for COIN operations. One positive offshoot would be Myanmar and India getting closer because of LeT threat.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

sum wrote:
Retired Gen Ali Kuli Khan Khattak, who quit the army

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
These guys really do seem to jump out of BENIS material
This guy is son-in-law of Ayub Khan and was superseded by Badmash who appointed Mushy. Someone advised Badmash to supersede six seniors to pull up Mushy.