Aero India 2013

rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Re: Aero India 2013

Post by rohitvats »

vivek_ahuja wrote:
shiv wrote:I authorize the use of this photo by any prasun who wants to use it provided it is acknowledged as photo by shiv :D
I think the highlighted part is where you broke the deal. ;)
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
maz
Webmaster BR

Post by maz »

BR people, can't wait to see your pix of the info boards and other desi objects on display?

Can someone ask the MiG people how many KUBs are in the second batch as well as asking ADA about naval LCA program please/

what Army Avn Sqn is getting the Rudras? Anyone know?

Thanks
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

maz wrote:BR people, can't wait to see your pix of the info boards and other desi objects on display?
That's actually a good point: where is the special BRF page where members used to upload their Aero-India albums in the previous events for the rest of us to drool over?

:(
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

BTw can someone describe me the flight display of tejas. How it was different from that in AI2011. Kashyap ji thanks for that cell phone video but i hardly see the tejas in that :((
Hakim ji you didnt elaborate on your talks with the friendly DMRL scientist on desi SCB and also your convo with the engineer from HAL on the Sitara
SagarAg
BRFite

Post by SagarAg »

suryag wrote:BTw can someone describe me the flight display of tejas. How it was different from that in AI2011. Kashyap ji thanks for that cell phone video but i hardly see the tejas in that :((
Hakim ji you didnt elaborate on your talks with the friendly DMRL scientist on desi SCB and also your convo with the engineer from HAL on the Sitara
arre bhai someone please get a full HD video of LCA Tejas doing kartab in the sky for our suryag and us LCA jingos. :D Its a request. :)
Tejas steals the show at aero India 2013. :D 8)
http://www.dnaindia.com/bangalore/repor ... 13_1797319
Suryag after searching in google chacha I got this video from some chinese tv showing Tejas from 0:53 - 1:01 from AI-2013 8)
Last edited by SagarAg on 08 Feb 2013 12:55, edited 2 times in total.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Been and seen AE '13.Compared with previous-and I've seen every air show from the very first,this was a bit of a disappointment.Understandable as economies are down worldwide,the MMRCA deal is over,though one would've liked the various contesting helos,for which there are hundreds to be ordered to have been on show,esp. the ones contesting the huge naval orders.

Impressions:

As usual,the organisers are clueless about conducting a world class air show."Business visitors" were treated like Tharoor's "turd class".In India,there are only two classes that get recognition,politicos and babudom.The devil take
aam admi and the rest!

Now "Business visitors entered at gate 5,on the other side of the main rd. to the base,and after driving through a dust cloud for about a KM arrived at the parking lot,where several vehicles were bogged down in mud! Parked vehicles were all covered in red dust,as the parking lot was nothing but open ground with thorn bushes to park a vehicle upon.After finding a convenient parking spot,one had to trudge a few hundred metres across scrub and mud to the security point where the "coaches",a fleet of non-AC aam admi buses took business visitors in their suits et al another half km and dropped them inside the base,where unlike as in previous years,when coaches went under the rd. through the tunnel,this time visitors had to resort to "pedicab" or "shanks pony" to get to the other side and another security point to enter the "holy land".Truly,one remembered dear old Moses and the Israelites at this moment.Entering the holy land,another 10 min walk to another security point in the blazing sun was mandatory,with security volunteers blowing their whistles at everyone like frustrated beat constables.Finally one emerged into secure land and again was forced to walk through the least important of the halls to get to the hangars so that these exhibitors could get some attention.The entire process from entering gate 5 to getting to the show took almost an hour! My fault for not getting there on time (10am) die to hiccups and the usual traffic snarls.The only thoughtful diff. was the m,any mineral water stalls that lined the route to the "holy land",as visitors needed their pit stop at frequent intervals as they ,made the pilgrimage to Aero-India '13.

Thankfully I decided this time.based upon the last experience to visit the show just for a day,when at previous shows it used to be a 3-day affair.If this is the manner in which the MOD/DRDO/whoever is responsible conduct an air show,I may kiss the show goodbye in 2015.I am going to write to AKA and tell him..... but then what's the use.He certainly is NOT going to be around by the next air show as DM!

The show: Bland,lukewarm and almost tasteless.We are told that even more space was used this time round.I finished my rounds in just 3-4 hrs.However,there were a few gems that required some careful spotting.

AMCA- as of now just a model and paper plane.There was a piece in an article why the AMCA was requirred at all,when we were heavily investing in the FGFA and buying the MMRCA.After meandering through pros and cons,the author said that it was for us to develop our own home-grown tech.Understandable,but judging from our track record and capabilities,a genuine Q mark whether it would arrive at all.In fact a former "starry" IAF gent,looking at the HTT-40 trainer to be,a magnificent effort that would earned applause from the Wright Brothers,agreed that it would be of great "vintage value" one day.Like the LCA too said he,"20 years late,3500 crores spent for what?" and when asked about the prospects of HAL delivering the AMCA ,spat out the word "impossible!"
Looking at the wind tunnel model,the weapons carried internally will be few and far between.

LCA:The most promising of the variants appears to be the navalk variant.where the In hs invested heavily.However this version has yet to fly with its tailhook and also version-1 with the same underpowered engine.This has prompted the IN to spread the risk and it is looking at alternatives for IAC-2,in the form of the naval Rafale and F-18.However,IAC-2 will not arrive this decade so we may yet see a naval variant of the FGFA swing the deal.

FGFA.Excellent pic of the bird.Simply staggering.4 prototypes are flying-there is a very detailed feature about the programme in a Russian publication,with the 5th due this year.Hopefully initial production in Russia will start by 2017 and in India by 2020.Our version appears to differ mainly in the avionics suite.There is going to be no two-seat version other than trainers.

Brahmos: Scale model of the hypersonic version,showing the slanted and raked nose,the main diff. from the existing missile's ramjet nose.This going to be a real match-winner when it is available,esp. in the sub-launched mode.One report says that the PLAN is negotiating to get the Amur sub.
talking to the young boffin at the stall,there is no diff. in size of the land/sea launched version in size and the IAF air-launched version.Strange,as one thought that the booster size would be smaller for the air-launched version.

Israelis: The usual masala of UAVs/UCAVs.One excellent UAV,VSTOL,the Panther,which has tilt rotors and small enough to be used on any IN frigate/DDG.The MR SAM also displayed,it is experiencing delays as the "Kol" DDGs are ready and-a-waiting for installation

The Derby missile,according to a report in mag,has only around 50% range as desired and has grudgingly been accepted into service.

More news later.
SagarAg
BRFite

Post by SagarAg »

Thanks Philip saar. :) After seeing the piktures and while reading your description it felt like being there at AI-2013. 8)
rajanb
BRFite

Post by rajanb »

Short Vid of LCA. Looks amateurish. the video :wink:

Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

LCH amateur video.
member_22539
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22539 »

Philip wrote:Been and seen AE '13................spat out the word "impossible!"
You know, just for a second there, I thought you were going to say something good about our indigenous programs (stupid of me to think the leopard can change its spots). Seems like you met your soul mate in that IAF officer of yours, congratulation, call me for the wedding. As usual, you are more Russian than the Russians dripping with love of stuff from Russia. I hope you get the Nishan-e-Pakistan (or whatever the Russian equivalent is) for your patriotism and service to Russia. I just hope the FGFA does not go the way of the Goshkov or the IJT engine (AL-55I I think), but hey, I am sure you are already prepared with the excuse.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Rajanb garu thank thank you a lot the maneouver at 0:11-0:12 is the first time am seeing(i.e., while completing the loop doing a barrel roll?) thousands of goats to you atmaram khush hua aaj

IR ji thanks for that video where it turns on a dime would have been so wonderful if it had been a little closer
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Oh Dear! Shoot the messenger again.Look,don't blame me if that's the IAF's thinking.Just see what ACM Browne has just said about the HTT/IJT.He doesn't want it but HAL is bent upon producing it! DRDO gets kudos where it deserves it.It must walk the talk with many of its projects.Even AKA publicly criticised it on the eve of AE-13.so why not gherao them instead Arun?
member_22539
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22539 »

^^Funny how such messages about Russian equipment failures and delivery delays are not forthcoming from you. Of course, in you opinion the Goshkov delay is the fault of the Indian Navy. So, pardon me if I take your opinions with a boatload of salt.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

suryag wrote:BTw can someone describe me the flight display of tejas. How it was different from that in AI2011. Kashyap ji thanks for that cell phone video but i hardly see the tejas in that :((
LCA flight display was tame and about the same as last year Unfortunately I did not take a video camera this year - nowadays everyone has a camera. But somehow the high AoA slow flight seemed slower with higher AoA than last time. Not sure. But a chap at the IJT stall mentioned that both the IJT and LSP 6 had the same type of spin recovery chute fixed. He was the one that said LSP 6 is flying. Unannounced. The HAL guys (young, smart) sounded positive and confident. The signals one gets from HAL and from IAF are diametrically opposite.

The SCB is for Kaveri, but the DMRL guy was at pains to stress that they (DMRL) develop the technology and hand it over to the manufacturer. In the case of SCB the manufacturer is HAL.

The DMRL guy also said that they developed the tech to extract metallic Titanium from Titanium tetrachloride and that tech was used to set up a plant (in 2010) that now produced 500 tons per year as opposed to 40 tons per year before that.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Lost a huge descrip just now.haven't the energy right now to repeat it,took an hour+.However will do so later on.

Just a quick clarification.Reg. the Gorky,an Indian analyst writing in one of the many mil publications,says that the 2.3+ whatever we are paying for the ship is v. good value.Compare this with costs of equiv western carriers.The almost 50+ aircraft trials conducted were flawless and the ship,according to other reports has had her boiler cladding fixed.The Gorky will give us 30+ years of service and approx. "70%" of the ship is totally new.The main aircraft lift has now a 30t capacity-up from 20t.18+ 4 MIG-29Ks have already been delivered to the IN.As for Gorky delays,if you've followed previous posts for over a year now-from me,the reasons have been detaiiled to the death! Where I advocated penalties for errant delivery after examining the facts of the case.Same case with delays in the first lot of Talwars where the Shtil system supposedly malfunctioned.

Yes,there was one yr. delay in the IJT's engine,chosen after a western engine was found inadequate.The IJT's delayed development is also due to other factors,and since Pilatus' excellent basic trainer,which can be configured to simulate performance of even jet fighters,has been acquired,it could eliminate the need for rookie pilots to require an IJT and go straight on to the AJT,the Hawk.Pl. read back issues of F;light Intl. and AWST on the Pilatus trainer,flown by its editorial staff.With more Pilatus trainers being acquired,I fear for the IJT unless it arrives in "jalthi-quick" time! Anyway ACM Browne isn't to keen on it despite HAL's protests!

Excellent model of the IAC-1.However,it too cannot launch and recover aircraft at the same time.This must be set right with the larger IAC-2.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

All Air Shows are rated in terms of Revenue they generate and Deals they Sign.

How much is AeroIndia suppose to generate this year , any one have this information ?
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

PS:PL. visit the UMS stall in one of the smaller pavilions.It has desi dsigned rotary engines and micro gas turbine (UMS-30) engine of size around 18" X 9" dia. ,perfect for missiles and UCAVs.An air force boffin was drooling over it,he had never seen anything like it before .It compared very favourably to other firang designs and wanted as much details as he could get.I am going to follow up on this one.

"Cornershot" assault rifle that can shoot round corners had been acquired by some of our units,said the man at the stall.great device.

More pics on the anti-Torpedo decoys developed for ships and subs.ASW console displayed at the DRDO shandy,but the young boffins were not too clued in as to details.There seems to be no hard kill devices under dev. but are we acquiring the same from elsewhere?
rahuldevnath
BRFite -Trainee

Post by rahuldevnath »

Abhibhushan wrote:For all Rakshaks planning a trip to the airshow on saturday 9 feb 13.

I did my first solo flight on a Tigermoth on 09 Feb 1952. Now, 61 years later, on 09 Feb 2013, I shall once again be near a yellow Tigermoth in Air Force Colours. May I have the pleasure of a group photo in front of this aircraft with as many Rakshaks as possible?

TKS
Sir, If you this message in time, please give me your number asap. My mail id would be rahuldevnath@gmail.com
Vamsi.R
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Vamsi.R »

Abhibhushan wrote:For all Rakshaks planning a trip to the airshow on saturday 9 feb 13.

I did my first solo flight on a Tigermoth on 09 Feb 1952. Now, 61 years later, on 09 Feb 2013, I shall once again be near a yellow Tigermoth in Air Force Colours. May I have the pleasure of a group photo in front of this aircraft with as many Rakshaks as possible?

TKS
it would be an honour sir.. can you pls provide the details :)
Abhibhushan
BRFite

Post by Abhibhushan »

The Tigermoth was hiding in a hanger to day. Some thing needed to be fixed. Hopefully it will be open to public tomorrow!
Abhibhushan
BRFite

Post by Abhibhushan »

Some info on the IJT.
One prototype and 3 pre production aircraft are flying.
Sea level trials at Goa completed.
Jigs and tools are in place ak Kanpur for IJT manufacture.
Metal has been cut for first series production aircraft.
Interrupted spin trials are to restart soon.

Info gathered from HAL stall at airshow on 8th Feb. Veracity not guaranteed.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

shiv wrote:cross post since it concerns aero India
Single crystal turbine blade story.

A gentleman from DMRL was very friendly and informative and took the wind out of my pompous sail just before I clicked an image of a dirty used component on display.

1.The image below shows the development of tech (in SDREland) from plain casting (labelled equaxed), to "dirtectionally solidified" to single crystal.

2. The image below is of examples of blades made by the three methods mentioned above

3. For single crystal blades to have a hollow honeycomb interior, a ceramic core is used around which the crystals are grown. The core is leached off later. The image below shows ceramic cores with the hollow part of a blade visible.

4. Here is a fully formed blade - the extra spiral bits needed for manufacture will be removed for finishing the blade.
OH YEAH OH YEAH...........OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH :mrgreen:

Endless possibilities now, shiv garu second yr. in a row you have given me my favourite pic from AI previously it was of the BLISK one (which was taken by the other shiv :rotfl:) accept my sashtang pranaam. What other info did the DMRL guy give please post the full detail of your chat with him.
member_22539
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22539 »

^^I thought the blades are supposed to be shinier looking. Are the above blades yet to be processed or polished fully?
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

Might be some processing is required, shiv can tell better.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

dhiraj wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^
The SCB was for SU 30 engine right or for Kaveri ?
Or did i miss something . Is Kaveri using SCB ?
Both. The DMRL guy said Kaveri and Su 30. He specifically said that the earlier blades were too soft. But I did post a pic of similar blades made by HAL for AL 31 FP So these people have managed to grow SCB.
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

Some quick info about the SCB from the friendly DMRL guy - don't know if its the same guy that Shiv talked to.

In SCB, DMRL has manufactured small numbers of blades (yields are low). CEMILAC needs a larger batch to certify them so there is still some time for the batch certification. After batch certification, the SCB will be sent for machining - this can't be done in India. After they come back from machining, re-certification from CEMILAC. Then installation in an engine and qualification on the bench. Then flight. Don't hold your breath since the present Kaveri is planned to be in the LCA in 18 months time. This is with Snecma supplied blades, etc. That needs to be certified and then will there be any chance of SCB in Kaveri. Did I say don't hold your breath?

Su30 Al-31 SCB will be manufactured in HAL Koraput. They are not going to use DMRL technology for it but one supplied by Russia.
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

My impressions of the airshow:

I have never visited AI on a Friday before. So my comments are based on prior Thu visit experiences. AI officials have recognized the increasing awareness and willingness among aam junta to attend air shows. Unfortunately the static display section seems to have shrunk. It was really challenging to get a good spot for viewing and god forbid, taking pictures. Was too crowded to enjoy the show. Had to really jostle. Gave up on morning display after 50 mins. Lots of kids with high-end smart phones either taping the entire display and/or snapping images. Of course, there were photo enthusiasts with DSLR and zoom lenses but I saw many of them had to settle around the middle of the static section which is a pathetic spot. I wish the authorities do something about this from next time.

LCA display was tame & insipid compared to last time. Bit disappointed...apart from a couple of vertical pull up maneuvers, nothing of significance which deserves reporting here. Seems likes its still limited to 6.5-7G, at least for air show purposes. Not sure if this can be interpreted in a positive way, heard a few folks referring "Tejas" as Sukohi adding that no way India can build a plane like that :)

Rafale display was almost similar to what it does in other shows. Rudra, LCH & Sarang moves are also similar. Sarang brought out cheers & Wows from the crowd on a couple of occasions.

Red Bull were fascinating like last time and really impressed the crowd.

Su-30 display again was routine, but tail slide and controlled flat-spin maneuvers brought cheers from crowd.

By the time Russian Knights reached Yelehanka, it was almost 12:30 pm. I saw a bit of formation flying & a couple of maneuvers. Not sure if they did more than that 'cause I missed it. I was hoping they would get to do their bit again in the evening but they didn't move an inch from the tarmac :) Waited in hot sun till 4:30 PM. Anyways, am happy about the chance to see them in real metal :mrgreen:

I was not able to spend a whole lot of time on stalls but I did manage to speak to a folks in a few DRDO + BEL stalls.

R-118: depending on user requirement, the RWR can filter out friendly emissions or display them as "green". RWR works in conjuction with IFF. Basically highly configurable. Also any platform which emits RF is processed by RWR and displayed to the pilot. So it could be SAM missile, SAM radar, Fighter radar or even AAM radar.

Eagle Eye is the advanced derivative of R-118. Eagle Eye is mainly for Su-30. 6 antennas will provide better coverage for Su-30. Under development.

MAWS works by identifying missile plumes in UV band and alerts pilot about missile launch. Currently deployed on helicopters.

Had a lengthy chat with Kaveri folks. One of the person was a senior position structural & vibration engineer. As reported DMRL has developed SCB in lab...need to productionise the same. The above person thinks that deficit in thrust is not due to materials so much as its due to selection of cycle way early in the project phase. The bypass ratio of .16 is inadequate. The person said if the bypass ratio could be increased to .3 like contemporary engines, thrust deficit could be bridged. Perhaps some gas turbine expert could interpret his rationale.

Lots of faults were discovered during airborne testing in Russia. Right now "Changes" are being implemented and the team hopes to put Kaveri on LCA by year end! Said the cold section does not have any problems but performance of hot section is inadequate.

Design configuration of LCA Mk.2 frozen. No info boards about Mk.2 at ADA stall. Just one scaled down mock-up. As Merlin reported, the fuselage plus is 0.5m; 1m plug affects CG and needs extensive retesting. Nose landing gear may be shifted forward. Some increase in internal fuel volume which will extend endurance & range of the bird. Some aerodynamic improvements are expected to be incorporated in Mk.2 (not a whole lot). Main objective of Mk.2 is to provide a platform with advanced avionics and increased thrust.

LCA Mk.1 high-alpha AOA testing not yet done. The guy said they are still validating recovery mechanisms. No Derby/BVR firing has taken place. Sudarshan LGB delivery from LCA Mk.1 is accomplished per the gentlemen at the stall. OBOGS is installed on LCA Mk.1.

I was shooed away by the DRDO folks when asked about Astra, Nag etc. The person said all those info was confidential and cannot be given out to media persons just like that. Said to refer to DRDO press releases :)

HUMSA-NG is installed on a couple of ships as of now. The person said Navy is satisfied with its performance so far. They plan to start working on Ultra Low Frequency (1-4 KHz) in the next 3-4 years.

Did a breif run by HAL stalls but could not chat up as it was approaching closing time.

It will take me some time to go through my pics and will post more info as and when I find them.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Shiny look is only Thermal barrier coating. Good only for TFTAs not for SDREs.

From open material what I gather is, both Directionally solidified and Single crystal are basically the same in manufacturing concept and if budget is not the criteria then SC blades should be managable. The Geometry of the crystal selector is important. The geometry I expect is either a helix or right angle. That spring like thing is basically to show we have SC tech at least till lab level. And this is a well known fact that DRDO has grown big SC in tests. The SC headache is the manufacturing. I take that spring like thing as the result of the helical selector usage which was the early attempt and lower yield one.

Now next time anybody goes to the same exhibit drop the words 'Right angle selector' and how many blades per selector.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

Atleast now we have the tech, before this all we knew was unconfirmed reports about India having SCB tech but no official word on it. Since DMRL has now shown the tech then I guess it has matured quite a bit now. Now comes pain in the butt part of "mass manufacturing".
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

BEL has successfully completed modernizing Shilka AAA platform. Expect for gun, hydraulics, armor & tracks, the rest are modified. Now has an Israeli X-band AESA radar along with EO for improving accuracy. The BEL person said that new engine's fuel efficiency is 10x better compared to old Russian one it replaces. Summer & winter trails were finished successfully and BEL has started receiving orders from Army for upgradation.

BEL offered capability of launching short ranged missiles (2 missiles...one per launcher on either side), but Army rejected saying Tunguska M1 already has similar capability.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

shiv wrote: 3. For single crystal blades to have a hollow honeycomb interior, a ceramic core is used around which the crystals are grown. The core is leached off later. The image below shows ceramic cores with the hollow part of a blade visible.
Is that a BLISK on left hand of the ceramic cores ???
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

can't say because the inner disk does not appear clean finish as there exists a possibility of weld.

a hot press could also make it smooth.
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

Zynda

thanks

thats good news
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

Sagar G wrote:
shiv wrote: 3. For single crystal blades to have a hollow honeycomb interior, a ceramic core is used around which the crystals are grown. The core is leached off later. The image below shows ceramic cores with the hollow part of a blade visible.
Is that a BLISK on left hand of the ceramic cores ???
Yes. Before you get too excited, that's the one for PTAE-7.
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

ravi_g wrote:Shiny look is only Thermal barrier coating. Good only for TFTAs not for SDREs.

Shiny look is what you get after machining the blade. That blade is in-machined.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

merlin wrote:Some quick info about the SCB from the friendly DMRL guy - don't know if its the same guy that Shiv talked to.

In SCB, DMRL has manufactured small numbers of blades (yields are low). CEMILAC needs a larger batch to certify them so there is still some time for the batch certification. After batch certification, the SCB will be sent for machining - this can't be done in India. After they come back from machining, re-certification from CEMILAC. Then installation in an engine and qualification on the bench. Then flight. Don't hold your breath since the present Kaveri is planned to be in the LCA in 18 months time. This is with Snecma supplied blades, etc. That needs to be certified and then will there be any chance of SCB in Kaveri. Did I say don't hold your breath?

Su30 Al-31 SCB will be manufactured in HAL Koraput. They are not going to use DMRL technology for it but one supplied by Russia.

Hearing that MIDHANI has also developed SCB technology as also many of the critical superalloys.
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

Zynda wrote:BEL has successfully completed modernizing Shilka AAA platform. Expect for gun, hydraulics, armor & tracks, the rest are modified. Now has an Israeli X-band AESA radar along with EO for improving accuracy. The BEL person said that new engine's fuel efficiency is 10x better compared to old Russian one it replaces. Summer & winter trails were finished successfully and BEL has started receiving orders from Army for upgradation.

BEL offered capability of launching short ranged missiles (2 missiles...one per launcher on either side), but Army rejected saying Tunguska M1 already has similar capability.
Thanks for the sharing the same. This is a real welcome news. Shilka is a very potent system and by these upgrades it will become more so.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

merlin wrote:Some quick info about the SCB from the friendly DMRL guy - don't know if its the same guy that Shiv talked to.

Merlin ji,

AL31 SCB has been up and running at HAL Koraput for quite some time now.

The kaveri is going in for some weight reduction redesign and somehow one doubts if it will see the light of day in "18 months".

SCB is not going to do much for the kaveri in any case.
srin
BRF Oldie

Post by srin »

No LCA Navy in the air show ? That's one beautiful bird.
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

Can somebody inquire a little about Smart Anti-airfield Weapon (SAW) System. It is a air launched long-range standoff precision guided air to ground weapon system.