Hyderabad Bomb Blast 2/21/13

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
partha
BRF Oldie

Re: Hyderabad Bomb Blast 2/21/13

Post by partha »

pgbhat wrote:
ramana wrote:Sushupti, What did the guy say? cant look at it.
Amaresh Misra ‏@AmareshMisra
By organising Hyderabad blasts, Hindutva elements have declared war on India. They deserve no mercy.

some people. :roll:
Have been keeping an eye on this fellow for some years now. Totally insane. He can put any Paki to shame. Good that he has joined twitter. Hope he will meet the same fate as Nilim Dutta. btw, he is quite mainstream. Writes regularly for TOIlet.
lakshmikanth
BRFite

Post by lakshmikanth »

shiv wrote:
lakshmikanth wrote: And oh: There goes the evidence.
No Lakshmikanth, please don't do an "Indian stupidity is just like Pakistan hosing down the site" equal equal. I think if we object to Khangress' "Hindu terror" we need to avoid being tempted to make a vicious statement as a cathartic simply to display the depth of your horror and contempt. This is the sort of supercilious dismissal of Indian investigative ability that i would find on the BBC. A fit attitude for the youknowhere thread.

The area is cordoned off and the sweepings are being collected. there as as many security personnel as sweepers. Considering that one sweeper has a blue sari - similar to the uniform that many city sweepers get, the reflective jacket wearing ones may be specially employed police sweepers.
The thought of == did cross my mind but I thought that the intention was different (Bakis do it to deliberately hide the evidence) I do agree that we do a better job than many turd world countries.

Now that I think of it, that could be a convenient position for a "secular" to take, since if an Islamic connection is indeed proven the secular worthies can claim plausible deniablity ("Police messed up the investigation, how can we now conclusively prove it was IM, and such" ).

Apologies for falling for that agenda (these guys are getting more and more subtle).
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Intel and monitoring is present in that area. Even though it is too early to say but my suspicion has to do with the MIM-INC fissures. Target is the CM's replacement. If someone honestly raids Old city, number of terrorists (real ones) will probably cross all those who are killed since 9/11 across the globe. Arms, stones and stone throwers are also available abundantly.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Philip will answer the nctc issue later. It's not simple as that. INC plans to get a KGB type operation. Already all firs are linked to center but no state can look at firs filed in another state.
And PC's bonafides are not trusted.
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

Muppalla wrote:Intel and monitoring is present in that area. Even though it is too early to say but my suspicion has to do with the MIM-INC fissures. Target is the CM's replacement. If someone honestly raids Old city, number of terrorists (real ones) will probably cross all those who are killed since 9/11 across the globe. Arms, stones and stone throwers are also available abundantly.
You are right about monitoring. I dont know if anyone recalls an incident where the police were tracking a known terrorist in general Dilsukhnagar area and one day two policemen tried to arrest him. The police were not equipped well (I think they had no weapons) and this terrorist shot at them and escaped. Happened in this area...about 4-5 years ago.

Un-related: Amaresh Mishra's tweet comments are unbelievable. :-o At several levels. unbelievable!!
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

partha wrote:Have been keeping an eye on this fellow for some years now. Totally insane. He can put any Paki to shame. Good that he has joined twitter. Hope he will meet the same fate as Nilim Dutta. btw, he is quite mainstream. Writes regularly for TOIlet.
Yes, he's easily the biggest fruitcake of them all - which is quite a feat in India considering the number of aspiring fruitcakes.

Writes under the pseudonym 'Mainstream Maverick"...('Maverick' is one term that's become synonymous with extreme left retards).

The surprise here is not the presence of deranged idiots - its that mainstream media gives space to these jokers. I am taking the call that this post is not OT here - given this guy's highly distasteful tweet on the blasts.
Last edited by Arjun on 22 Feb 2013 09:47, edited 1 time in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Srikumar, I Remember. The guys were from state Intel police.They didn't have a gun. Being constables they were not issued a gun bit still went to confront the terrorist and got shot.And the bad guys had. Something is going on on DS nagar.
yvijay
BRFite

Post by yvijay »

Information gleaned from Telugu news channels: 15 people are confirmed as dead. Among the people admitted to the the hospital, lot of them seems to be in critical condition. Looks like CCTV wires at one of the location are cut.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

ramana wrote:Srikumar, I Remember. The guys were from state Intel police.They didn't have a gun. Being constables they were not issued a gun bit still went to confront the terrorist and got shot.And the bad guys had. Something is going on on DS nagar.
Ramana, I remember constables used to carry 303s in olden days. When did they stop doing that?
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

ramana wrote:Srikumar, I Remember. The guys were from state Intel police.They didn't have a gun. Being constables they were not issued a gun bit still went to confront the terrorist and got shot.And the bad guys had. Something is going on on DS nagar.
Abids shopping area was pushed aside by DS Nagar in the East (upper middle to lower class) and Punja gutta in the west (middle to upper class) as centers for everything. My main guess is it is high impact area and very close to old city.

A few months ago I saw patrolling of police and good number of traffic police as metro line construction is going on, esp 7 pm is still peak time. Terrorists might have been waiting and picked a lax day.
vasu raya
BRFite

Post by vasu raya »

This is what the net says about the Sai Baba temple in Dilsukhnagar,
"Said to be a replica of the Shirdi shrine, it draws huge number of devotees, specially on Thursdays"
the timing of the attack matches but for the police presence due to the superintendent visit, it could have been the Sai baba temple again; so reasons for originally choosing this temple could be

a) its popularity among Hindu devotees and zero collateral damage since no muslim will be there and any muslim worshipping Sai baba is only a muslim in name
b) security is lax compared to other popular temples and its accessibility from old city
c) and since Sai baba is only followed by a minor portion of Hindus, the backlash from Hindu right wing will be muted

They need to fence this area and ensure that the entry and exits to old city are along monitored routes
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

lakshmikanth wrote: Now that I think of it, that could be a convenient position for a "secular" to take, since if an Islamic connection is indeed proven the secular worthies can claim plausible deniablity ("Police messed up the investigation, how can we now conclusively prove it was IM, and such" ).
Precisely.

For a change the discussion on TV last night followed a route that pointed out how investigative agencies are either being used by politicians for election purposes, or investigations are being communalized. Examples were given of Dogvijay Singh speaking up for a terrorist and allowing a police officer to be killed in the Badla encounter, and the recent blaming of Hindu terrorism for no reason at all.

Actually its is not just congress - the state governments too and the BJP are guilty of not allowing investigative agencies and a national level anti-terror apparatus to work.

For the last two days I was surprised by an unusual level of security in Bangalore over and beyond what would be expected for 'bandh"days. I now realize that there was a countrywide alert. In fact There were terror alerts for cities three days ago, two days ago , and yesterday - the day of the blasts. But because the states have put a hold on a national terror authority fearing that state level control over political intel and police will be lost. The corrupt ba$tards. A central terror warning need not be acted upon by a state. it is possible that Andhra Pradesh did not act upon the intel in a way that could have thwarted the terror strike. But it's not just Congress. State governments want control over the police especially at election time. So the rot is not just Congress. I say this because this is regularly missed on BRF. Many seem to think that removing Congress will do the trick. It will not. The rot is widespread.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Matrimc, these two were not issued pistols. I recall it was in Hindu ans we commented in the forum. Will do a search morrow.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

Is this place symbolic for some other reason? Like during the reintegration with India period?
matrimc wrote:
Ramana, I remember constables used to carry 303s in olden days. When did they stop doing that?
Special Branch folks of state police departments don't carry long guns. Concealed sidearms is still not uniformly practiced.
rajsunder
BRFite

Post by rajsunder »

SriKumar wrote:
Muppalla wrote:Intel and monitoring is present in that area. Even though it is too early to say but my suspicion has to do with the MIM-INC fissures. Target is the CM's replacement. If someone honestly raids Old city, number of terrorists (real ones) will probably cross all those who are killed since 9/11 across the globe. Arms, stones and stone throwers are also available abundantly.
You are right about monitoring. I dont know if anyone recalls an incident where the police were tracking a known terrorist in general Dilsukhnagar area and one day two policemen tried to arrest him. The police were not equipped well (I think they had no weapons) and this terrorist shot at them and escaped. Happened in this area...about 4-5 years ago.

Un-related: Amaresh Mishra's tweet comments are unbelievable. :-o At several levels. unbelievable!!
do not throw that idiot a bone by discussing about his tweets.
Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Post by Yogi_G »

And Asaduddin Owaisi comes on record and says its an attack on the nation? Which nation you communal razakar-blooded goon?
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

shiv wrote:
lakshmikanth wrote: And oh: There goes the evidence.
No Lakshmikanth, please don't do an "Indian stupidity is just like Pakistan hosing down the site" equal equal. I think if we object to Khangress' "Hindu terror" we need to avoid being tempted to make a vicious statement as a cathartic simply to display the depth of your horror and contempt. This is the sort of supercilious dismissal of Indian investigative ability that i would find on the BBC. A fit attitude for the youknowhere thread.

The area is cordoned off and the sweepings are being collected. there as as many security personnel as sweepers. Considering that one sweeper has a blue sari - similar to the uniform that many city sweepers get, the reflective jacket wearing ones may be specially employed police sweepers.
From what I had observed on a recent trip, the reflective jacket is standard issue for sweepers these days.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Small consolation that sharpnel wasn't used. Else the casualities number would have been who knows where. The pigs that did this deserve the full force of justice. Can't see that happening under the current dispensation.
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

This one? http://www.hindu.com/2008/12/04/stories ... 170100.htm

Looks like it was at Santhosh Nagar.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

The terror act was carried even when there was police presence very closeby.

http://www.andhraheadlines.com/state/sa ... 11821.html
Hyderabad, Feb 22: Devotees of the Sai Baba temple in Dilsukhnagar, had a miraculous escape from the blasts that ripped the area on Thursday night.

According to information, it was the temple that the terrorists wanted to plant the bombs at, as per their initial plans. They chose the temple as they wanted the blasts to cause maximum deaths as thousands of devotees visit it on Thursdays. But city police commissioner Anurag Sharma visited the temple an hour before the blast. As the top cop was coming to the temple, there was heavy police security at the temple, making it impossible for the terrorists to plant the bombs there. They immediately switched plans and planted the bombs at the Konark and Venkatadri theatres, near the temple. Police are surprised at the determination of the terrorists, who went ahead with the blast plan despite the police
RSoami
BRFite

Post by RSoami »

254 Hindus were killed in post Godhra Gujarat Riots. Not one channel or paper or person has once talked about them. The Gujarat riots are portrayed as one sided `genocide` of Muslims.
Ishrat Jahaan Encounter
Afzal Guru Hanging
Batla House Encounter
By creating doubts about these, the state is radicalising Indian Muslim youth.
No wonder `Indian Mujahideen` has sprung up to take `revenge`. All those involved in Dogvijaysque propaganda have blood of Hyderabad victims on their sleeves. May their near ones get something similar... Amen !!
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Was Indian Mujahideen behind the Hyderabad blasts? NIA releases pictures of prime suspects

So NIA has sprung into action now. The agency has the dubious distinction of not having solved a single terror case till now, AFAIK.

Meanwhile, the perps look like posterboys of yindoo terror only.
rajanb
BRFite

Post by rajanb »

shiv wrote:
lakshmikanth wrote: Now that I think of it, that could be a convenient position for a "secular" to take, since if an Islamic connection is indeed proven the secular worthies can claim plausible deniablity ("Police messed up the investigation, how can we now conclusively prove it was IM, and such" ).
Precisely.

For a change the discussion on TV last night followed a route that pointed out how investigative agencies are either being used by politicians for election purposes, or investigations are being communalized. Examples were given of Dogvijay Singh speaking up for a terrorist and allowing a police officer to be killed in the Badla encounter, and the recent blaming of Hindu terrorism for no reason at all.

Actually its is not just congress - the state governments too and the BJP are guilty of not allowing investigative agencies and a national level anti-terror apparatus to work.

For the last two days I was surprised by an unusual level of security in Bangalore over and beyond what would be expected for 'bandh"days. I now realize that there was a countrywide alert. In fact There were terror alerts for cities three days ago, two days ago , and yesterday - the day of the blasts. But because the states have put a hold on a national terror authority fearing that state level control over political intel and police will be lost. The corrupt ba$tards. A central terror warning need not be acted upon by a state. it is possible that Andhra Pradesh did not act upon the intel in a way that could have thwarted the terror strike. But it's not just Congress. State governments want control over the police especially at election time. So the rot is not just Congress. I say this because this is regularly missed on BRF. Many seem to think that removing Congress will do the trick. It will not. The rot is widespread.
+1 You have answered the question that one of the channels asked: "as to why we have not been as successful as the USA with their Homeland Security after 9/11?"

The rot is at the top and is secular i.e cutting across all party lines. And is the same across the full spectrum of governance.

Why am I not surprised that it happened on a Jumma raat?
PratikDas
BRFite

Post by PratikDas »

Nothing to do with jumma. It happened just before Iron Fist 2013, to steal the spotlight. This was the first time the Indian PM (not President) would be in attendance. The event will be televised nationally. The LCA and ALH will be on. But now most will watch the endless reruns of news of the bomb blast.

I think it was remote controlled from Pakistan at this time for this reason.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

There.. edited. Hope no secular feelings are upset. Terrorists can change their names no?
kapilrdave
BRFite

Post by kapilrdave »

There was a former RAW chief on AajTak last night. He talked about many good points (like he said ALL terror attacks are planned in Pukistan and also that internal and external security is interlinked) but one point he raised was absolutely shocking. He said that he has the information that ISI and LeT have all the details of swiss accounts of all congi netas. And they are now using it to blackmailing them. Unfortunately the anchor Prasun Bajpai didn't find this point important enough (most likely didn't understand importance) so diverted the conversation.

If this is true then we have an explaination to the parallelisation of congi and paki statements/stand regarding hindu terrorism, indo pak relation, the ==s etc.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

kapilrdave wrote: He said that he has the information that ISI and LeT have all the details of swiss accounts of all congi netas. And they are now using it to blackmailing them.
This is why our netas have so much respect for Shri Hafeez Saeedji and Shri Dawood Ibrahimji
Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Post by Yogi_G »

Subramanian Swamy has been saying this for some time, ISI has Indian politicos by their b@lls, I wanted to ask him this question to him directly, for more details, in a recent debate in IIT, but the damned moderator was a leftist commie and would not let audience ask questions which bugged him, must have seen the RSS-Hindu terrorist in me and dint give me a chance.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

pgbhat wrote:
ramana wrote:Sushupti, What did the guy say? cant look at it.
By organising Hyderabad blasts, Hindutva elements have declared war on India. They deserve no mercy.

Probably a PAKI masquerading as Amaresh Mishra , that unverified twitter account was created just a month back and i dont see a reason why valuable P-sec congi asssets will waste away their equal-equal credibility for the sake of twitter propagandu over a few tweets, see below snap. Best way to identify a fake account is to check if he/she really has any systematically important followers in the social media . Seems this guy has almost none .

http://i.imgur.com/5g1NuGk.jpg

Better not post his tweets as real, it will only hurt the cause
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

I would like to point that many of these IM jihadis are from Bihar (secular) state
VikramS
BRFite

Post by VikramS »

Lilo wrote:
pgbhat wrote: [

Probably a PAKI masquerading as Amaresh Mishra , that unverified twitter account was created just a month back and i dont see a reason why valuable P-sec congi asssets will waste away their equal-equal credibility for the sake of twitter propagandu over a few tweets, see below snap. Best way to identify a fake account is to check if he/she really has any systematically important followers in the social media . Seems this guy has almost none .

http://i.imgur.com/5g1NuGk.jpg

Better not post his tweets as real, it will only hurt the cause
There are enough like Mahesh Bhatt, Rachit Seth etc on his list. Perhaps he is just not high enough in the totem pole or seen as a too much of a wacko to be worth following for the WhoisWho.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Who is this Amresh Misra guy ? Why do we have to discuss his stupidity so much ?
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

kapilrdave wrote:He said that he has the information that ISI and LeT have all the details of swiss accounts of all congi netas. And they are now using it to blackmailing them.
By the fact that no political person has shown so far any willingness to take on Pakistan for its terrorism, I am inclined to believe that not only INC but also other parties are equally mired in this. I can make only one exception to this and it is PVNR. It won't be surprising too since very few squeaky clean politicians are there in India. It must be the really very top politicians who matter for the ISI because they are the ones who set the policy directions and who can over rule others (just as it happened at Sharm-el-Sheikh). The ISI might not be alone in gathering the details but probably were helped by somebody else much more powerful and who is interested in creating a conducive situation for TSP.

Besides such blackmailing (which would mean that the ISI had contacted the very top politicians and let them know that they have certain details by revealing some facts that only they would know), timididy, nostalgia, inability to ward off international pressure, inability to learn from history, misguided optimism, an urge to get the Nobel peace prize etc are also factors that drive Indian leaders in their spineless approach to Pakistan and terror. So, the next best thing is to target the softest religionists who like a piece of sponge absorb everything.
Anindya
BRFite

Post by Anindya »

SSridhar wrote:Who is this Amresh Misra guy ? Why do we have to discuss his stupidity so much ?
SS, Amaresh Mishra heads up the anti communal front of the Congress and is closely associated (currently) with DigVijay. A lot of the diatribe against Hindus, open public support for azamgarh terrorists, promising physical attacks on Varun Gandhi and the thrust towards misdirecting public attention away from the IM and other such groups, comes from this part pf Digvijay's coterie.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

ISI & LeT by themselves have no wherewithal to ferret out swiss bank a/c details. Only CIA and some western intelligence agencies have access to such details and surely Indian leaders have handed over their balls to them on a platter. Some years ago the Italian job withdrew significant funds away from Swiss and thus from unkil oversight and deposited them into PRC controlled Macau banks.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Anindya, thanks. So, the Shinde regret is after all tactical.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

Amaresh Mishra was also the candidate from Lucknow for the Ulema Council in the Lok Sabha polls. Just google up and stop wsting breath on him.

http://pakteahouse.net/2009/03/29/amare ... stituency/
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

SSridhar wrote:Who is this Amresh Misra guy ? Why do we have to discuss his stupidity so much ?
He is self professed Gandhian.. Has written few books in Marathi on Gandhi (virulently criticizing Godse, RSS and hence brahmins) and is a frequent columnist on TOI and its Marathi version (MH times). He released the infamous book by Hasan Mushrif (who killed karkare) which talked about same stuff which Zaid Hamid spoke immediately after 26/11 mumbai attacks. That 26/11 was inside job by Brahmins in IB who are from RSS and Zionist cadre. His surname suggests that he himself is a brahmin (a DIE).

This theory (of 26/11) is backed up by "Powerful" people in western MH (although not publicly) who have been fomenting anti-brahminism in MH similar to what DMK did in 60s and 70s. This manifests in maligning Hindutva and RSS and hence Brahmins in any way whatsoever. To wind up, this guy is well connected.

I think he lost his cool and went too far too quickly this time. He waited for a month before spewing out garbage after 26/11. Shinde "regretting" got on to his nerves.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

US condemns Hyderabad bomb blasts; offers assistance in probe - ToI

India should not take the offer of assistance. We still have memories of 1993.

Now, I expect TSP to also condemn the attack and claim simultaneously that it is the biggest sufferer of terrorism.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »