Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by disha »

At the end of the day, Modi is in the top BJP body. Advani can plump as much necessary for whoever he wants in PM Gaddi, but the fact is that Shivraj Singh does not have the mass appeal. And further, if Modi wins the election for BJP and SS Chauhan becomes the PM, he has to contend with an alternate power center. Extremely difficult, he can be incorporated as HM or Dy PM.

Again it all depends upon how much BJP wins. If it wins past 180., then everybody will be singing Namo Mantra. Between 150-180, it is a fair game of wheels within wheels. <150., India will lose another generation.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

I have a lot of confidence that in AP, Gujarat, Maharastra, TN, Rajasthan from 96 seats to 20 seats - CON lady will be wiped out. That will be a loss of 70+ seats down. The CON ally DMK will be destroyed too.
It is just matter of who will pick it up. The longer loonies stay in power, the more damage they can do but in UP too there will be BJP revival from 10 to 30 seats. The CONs will lose 10+ seats in UP too. The minute elections are announced, if BJP shows complete control behind Modi, the CONs will go to 100-120. Lets be patient.

Maya did not think she will be wiped out in UP. Once elections are announced, urban areas will be exploding with anger.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

^ I hope so too. However, if the seats the INC vacates are picked up by the turd front types, that too is a better (even if just) option than having INC win them only. NM states this explicitly in his Delhi address to BJP workers where he says the BJP should be alert and open to (tacit) understandings with *all* manner of non-Cong parties to reduce INC tally. DOn't let vote division allow INC to scrape through anywhere. Rest all is negotiable, I guess.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

yes... Reduce the CON to double digits if possible. CONs have to be wiped out. Make sure TDP picks up rather than Jagan type. Make sure SS/BJP/NCP take all 48 seats in MH. CON should be made to Zero in these states.

Just see! Mark my words! There will a HAWA once elections are announced.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

^^^

The nature of the Indian polity is such that even if Bjp wins 200 seats in the LS. They cant be confident that they will form the govt. For a BJP govt, they must openly and consciously target the SP/ BSP, combo along with the DMK / NCP.

Unless they are able remove them from the C system, they have no chance of defeating the INC.

JMT and all that.......
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

You mean we have two option

BJP and SP/BSP DMK NCP

or

INC and SP/BSP DMK NCP

What happened to AIADMK, TMC, BJD and JDU, TDP( CBN)
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

@Hii_India: We condemn Indian Congress Spokesperson and Indian Media for spreading rumor and false information against Mr MODI http://t.co/FGIWD4EbsG
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

@vinod_sharma: Disappointing to see LKA's deadwood retaining its undeserved perch. And the Omerta brigade still holding fort for Sonia.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

No I dont, I mean that BJP has to remove the BSP and SP from the equation. So that they are not available to the INC. Ideal they have to be politically made irrelevant like the RJD is in Bihar at the moment.

Same is the case with the NCP. It makes not sense for NCP to be allied with the INC. But it still is.

Any party which is opposed to the INC is politically useful.
rajeshkathiriya
BRFite -Trainee

Post by rajeshkathiriya »

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_ra ... rd_1817439

Rajnath Singh announces his new team, Narendra Modi inducted into BJP Parliamentary Board
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was on Sunday inducted into the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) parliamentary board that will lead the party in the general elections of 2014.

BJP president Rajnath Singh announced his new team on Sunday. Gujarat's former home minister Amit Shah, Rajiv Pratap Rudy and Varun Gandhi have been made general secretaries of the party.

Smriti Irani and Uma Bharti have been elevated as vice-presidents of the party.

Modi is the only chief minister to be on the parliamentary board, the highest decision-making body of the party. He also finds a place in the party's central election committee.

"The rejig was done by the new party president keeping in mind the general elections of 2014. The party will announce the prime ministerial candidate when the time comes," BJP spokesperson Meenakshi Lekhi said.

On stopping short of announcing a prime ministerial candidate, BJP leader Nirmala Sitaraman said: "All groups and regions have been well represented in the new team. I don't think too much need to be read into (the holding back of an announcement of the prime minister candidate)."

"All sections have been adequately represented, according to their capacity, and there is young blood too in the team," she said.

Welcoming Modi's elevation, BJP leader Giriraj Singh said: "It is good news and will infuse more power and strength into the party."
VikramS
BRFite

Post by VikramS »

INC has been trying to polarize the Muslim vote.

BJP it seems has decided that they too can benefit from polarization. => Hence AS & VG.

And UP will be the battleground.

Fits well with what MY has been trying to do.
anmol
BRFite

Post by anmol »

BJP should project Narendra Modi as PM candidate: Ramdev

BJP should project Narendra Modi as PM candidate: Ramdev Jaipur: BJP should project Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as its leader in the next Lok Sabha elections and change its priorities if it wants to return to power, Yoga guru Baba Ramdev said on Sunday.

BJP should project Narendra Modi as PM candidate: RamdevHe said that Congress cannot return to power due to its anti-people policies but BJP can do it provided it changed its priorities.

"There is some possibility and space for BJP if it changes priorities and thinks about projecting Narendra Modi in next Lok Sabha elections," Ramdev said at a press conference here.

"Modi emerged as a robust leader who has become icon of development and courage and has zero tolerance for corruption but the final decision for his projection is to be taken by the BJP and Sangh," he said.

He said the country today is facing a leadership crisis and people are looking at individuals instead of political parties to bring about a positive change in politics.

"We believe that this will take place and the upcoming Lok Sabha election will be decisive in this direction," he said.

He alleged that the government could not take the issues of corruption and black money to a logical conclusion and that Congress has no chance of forming the next government at the centre as it has betrayed the people.

"Congress has lost confidence among masses. So many scams worth crores of rupees have come to light and people will not vote for the party," he said.

He accused the Congress of misusing the CBI against its political rivals. "What SP Chief Mulayam Singh Yadav said against Congress and CBI is true," he said.

When asked about the possibility of coming together of all like-minded individuals like Anna Hazare, he said building up social and political pressure was necessary to bring a change in system.

"Anna is a good person but he wants to stay away from politics. Building up political pressure along with social pressure is necessary to change the system. Laws are made and amended in Parliament and not by saints or monks and social activist," he said.

Ramdev, who was in the city to hold meetings with his workers, said he was on a mission to play a big role in Lok Sabha election though he himself will not contest election.

"There should be our, at least, 300 members in parliament so that we can play decisive role and I am working in this direction," he said.

BJP should project Narendra Modi as PM candidate: RamdevPTI
JohnTitor
BRFite

Post by JohnTitor »

disha wrote:At the end of the day, Modi is in the top BJP body. Advani can plump as much necessary for whoever he wants in PM Gaddi, but the fact is that Shivraj Singh does not have the mass appeal. And further, if Modi wins the election for BJP and SS Chauhan becomes the PM, he has to contend with an alternate power center. Extremely difficult, he can be incorporated as HM or Dy PM.

Again it all depends upon how much BJP wins. If it wins past 180., then everybody will be singing Namo Mantra. Between 150-180, it is a fair game of wheels within wheels. <150., India will lose another generation.
If BJP loses, it should extremely badly. INC must win in massive majority without the need of a coalition. Sure it will be a tough 5 years. But hopefully the stench will become so strong that they will be wiped out in 2019.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

BJP should project Modi in LS polls: Ramdev
"Modi emerged as a robust leader who has become icon of development and courage and has zero tolerance for corruption but the final decision for his projection is to be taken by the BJP and Sangh," he said.

He said the country today is facing a leadership crisis and people are looking at individuals instead of political parties to bring about a positive change in politics.

"We believe that this will take place and the upcoming Lok Sabha election will be decisive in this direction," he said.
Really? Then why don't you fold up your pol outfit, Ramdev garu, eh? Just wondering on lee.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

http://www.niticentral.com/2013/03/31/u ... 60172.html
UPA may not return to power, but Congress continues to dream
It was during lunch in the sunny garden of an old palace when a gentleman who was seated at the same table as the fat lady wandered across an expanse of manicured lawn to ask me if I thought that the Congress Party would win 180 seats in the next general election. When he saw the look of astonishment on my face he pointed at the fat lady and said, “She says that the UPA will be back in power after the next election because the Congress will definitely come back as the single largest party with at least 180 seats.”
heard it again from a diplomat at a dinner party given by the Pakistani High Commissioner to celebrate his country’s National Day. And, then I heard it again from friends who had just arrived from New York who said they had heard it in various drawing rooms and finally I read it in a column in the Asian Age written by a well-known leftist commentator. So I decided to discover the source of this magic number by making some discreet inquiries. It did not take me long to discover that the trail led to Congress Party headquarters where Ministers close to the Gandhi family currently spend long hours pondering over the party’s strategy for the election campaign and worrying about the possible effect that Narendra Modi might have on their calculations.
The truth is that nothing has caused more panic in Congress headquarters than the response that Modi’s recent speeches in Delhi have evoked because until he made them senior Congress leaders had convinced themselves that Modi was incapable of winning a single seat outside Gujarat. When his first speech to students in the Sri Ram College of Commerce was unexpectedly covered by nearly every news channel as if it were a major political event, the first signs of panic began to become evident. But it was after he made his second speech at the BJP meeting that panic buttons really started being pressed and the need for a new strategy became obvious.
The new strategy, according to my sources, revolves around Modi. And, one aspect of it is to spread the rumour, far and wide, that if the BJP declares him their prime ministerial candidate nothing better could happen from a UPA viewpoint because it will ensure that the Congress Party comes back as the single largest party. The objective is to frighten the BJP’s senior leaders into declaring someone else as their prime ministerial candidate and in pursuit of this objective is also being spread the rumour that the BJP led NDA (National Democratic Aliance) will unravel if Modi tries to become Prime Minister. Legion are the number of Congress leaders these days who point to Nitish Kumar in Bihar and say that his objections to Modi are shared by every other NDA ally. So successful has the Congress strategy been that there are many senior leaders in the BJP who openly oppose the advent of Modi on the national stage.

This does not, however, solve the Congress’s own problems. Even the most diehard Congress supporters admit that the Sonia-Manmohan Government has been unpopular in its second term and concede that the party could ‘lose a few seats’. But, they quickly add, that this will not bring the final tally below 180. Why 180 and not 150 or 190? I have not the faintest idea which is why I call it a magic number.
This does not, however, solve the Congress’s own problems. Even the most diehard Congress supporters admit that the Sonia-Manmohan Government has been unpopular in its second term and concede that the party could ‘lose a few seats’. But, they quickly add, that this will not bring the final tally below 180. Why 180 and not 150 or 190? I have not the faintest idea which is why I call it a magic number.

What I do have an idea of is the unpopularity of the Sonia-Manmohan Government outside the cloistered environs of political Delhi. This is not just because of the number of scandals that have tumbled out of the Government’s closet in its second term and not just because of the economic slowdown although these are important factors. In complete contrast to his image before the last general election this time the Prime Minister himself is being seen as a less than credible leader. ‘He is such a weak man,’ is a remark I hear most often even from relatively apolitical people.

Dr. Manmohan Singh’s perceived weakness is blamed for the corruption scandals that have so tarnished his government but he is not the only Congress leader whose image has taken a battering since the last general election. In 2009, Rahul Gandhi’s image was so shining and squeaky clean that it was widely believed that he would make a good Prime Minister. This time around he is seen as a less than credible leader and his frequent protestations about not wanting to ever become Prime Minister are seen as an attempt to escape the accountability of high office. ‘He is just trying to do what his mother has been doing,’ is a remark that I hear often. Last time around Sonia Gandhi’s refusal to become Prime Minister was seen as ‘renunciation’. It is now increasingly being seen merely as a clever ploy to evade accountability while enjoying all the benefits of power.

So then where are those 180 seats going to come from? Why are there so many people in Delhi’s political circles convinced of a UPA 3? The truth is that I do not have a clear answer to these questions but at the risk of having to eat crow if I am proved wrong am willing to predict that I find it less than likely that the next election will throw up either a UPA 3 or 180 seats for the Congress. Meanwhile, everyone has the right to make up magic numbers and dream happy dreams.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Islamic terrorist supporters, Paki supporting anti-national gangs including Paid media, CON media have started their hate campaign.

http://www.rediff.com/news/column/bjps- ... 130331.htm
BJP's motto for LS polls: Be brazen, not shy, about Hindutva
The appointment of aggressive campaigners like Varun Gandhi [ Images ], Uma Bharti, Ananth Kumar and Ajit Shah in senior positions within the party is a clear indication of which way the BJP wind is going to blow, says Seema Mustafa

Bharatiya Janata Party president Rajnath Singh, who has returned to head the party after a not-very ceremonious-exit the last time, seems to have found new support and clout within the party.

His first major reshuffle of the party organisation ensconces him firmly in the saddle. Meanwhile, the tone and tenor of the new team carries more than one message for those watching the developments within and outside the party.

The BJP is now in election mode, with the 76 member-team clearly including only leaders the party president feels comfortable with.

The BJP is one with the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh in moving towards an all-out Hindutva campaign for the general election. The appointment of aggressive campaigners like Varun Gandhi, Uma Bharti, Ananth Kumar and Ajit Shah in senior positions within the party is a clear indication of which way the BJP wind is going to blow.

The inclusion of these leaders is teamed with the exclusion of relatively moderate leaders like Jaswant Singh [ Images ] and Yashwant Sinha [ Images ].

This endorses the decision of the party top brass to be brazen, not shy, about its ideology in the belief that polarisation will work to its advantage in the polls.

The BJP chief has again made it more than apparent that Gujarat Chief minister Narendra Modi [ Images ] will be the party’s prime ministerial candidate in the 2014 polls. By making Modi the sole chief minister in the BJP’s Parliamentary Board, Singh has made it very clear that this particular leader outshines all others as far as he and the RSS are concerned.

Mutterings in the party in support of Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh have been silenced by this one inclusion, with Modi towering above all other ‘competitors’ within the BJP.

Short of an official announcement, this inclusion is a declaration that Modi is very much a part and parcel of the run-up to the general elections, as he is the star candidate, the only state leader to be projected so prominently and a person who will have a major say in the overall election strategy.

The newly-appointed general secretaries will be part of a crucial team that will work towards projecting Modi as the next PM candidate. The team will also ensure a publicity blitz which, the BJP hopes, will eat into voters’ reservations about the party and encourage them to vote for the individual.
Rajnath Singh and the RSS have selected the new team with care -- to ensure that top positions are given to those who will not hesitate to support Modi and to build a strong campaign to ensure his acceptability across the country. The campaign will clearly have a strong anti-minority core to it, judging from the inclusion of several leaders who have become notorious because of the tone and tenor of their speeches targeting minority communities.

This is a given, as leaders like Varun Gandhi and Uma Bharti are capable of little else and they are certainly not in the party for possible cerebral contributions.

Veterans like L K Advani [ Images ] and Sushma Swaraj [ Images ] will find themselves isolated in the party if they oppose the emerging consensus to launch Modi as the prime ministerial candidate. Most leaders in crucial positions today are supporters of the Gujarat CM and are reckless enough to openly counter any dissent from within.

The BJP and the RSS, in a new assessment of the ground situation, have decided not to worry about alliances and coalition governments at this stage. Instead, they will go ahead with the party’s own agenda and ideology, in the hope that such a strategy will strengthen the support base for Modi.

The BJP knows that Modi can become the prime minister only if the party gets at least 180 to 200 seats on its own in the next Lok Sabha election. Fewer seats will place the BJP at the mercy of regional allies, some of which, like the Janata Dal-United, would then insist on a coalition without Modi in the forefront.

The BJP has clearly decided to pursue the go-it-alone path, at least before and during the elections, pinning all hopes on a popular wave in support of Modi. In case the Modi card fails to improve the BJP’s fortunes, it can go back to seeking alliances from even squeamish parties like the JD-U, which could be persuaded to join yet another version of the National Democratic Alliance, without Modi as the PM.
Today’s reshuffle is an important milestone in the run-up to the general elections. And the BJP, with guidance and direction from the RSS, has taken effective steps to dispel the confusion, and to some extent the factionalism, by sending out concrete signals to the rank and file.

It has also tried to ensure that the team so carefully put together by the party leaders is able to move cohesively and in a united manner into the Lok Sabha elections. Dissenting voices have been either moved out or neutralised within the party organsation, with the red carpet now laid out by the BJP for Modi’s ascent to power on the planks of Hindutva, development and so-called national security.
Check that derisive comment on so-called national security. For the Puki-terrorist loving Mushy ball washing crowd security is hate word.
Last edited by vijayk on 31 Mar 2013 19:51, edited 1 time in total.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

^ UPA'a motto for next LS polls 2014: Bring back Continue Foreign and Mughal rule over Hindu India.

CORRECTED
Last edited by RamaY on 31 Mar 2013 20:58, edited 1 time in total.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

RamaY wrote:^ UPA'a motto for next LS polls 2014: Bring back Foreign and Mughal rule over Hindu India.
Why? It's already here.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

The Indian “Deep State”

I believe that there is an Indian deep state, functional at the very least from the time of independence. In our case, besides the colourfully descriptive words used above, it is also dynastic.

There is this clique that exists, and cuts across netas (politicians), babus (bureaucrats), industrialists (crony capitalists), journalists, film personalities, socialites, and most insidiously, even the judiciary and defence forces. This network perpetuates itself, even after people have retired, say from the defence services or the bureaucracy. On the dynastic aspect, it is not just about the “ruling” dynasty in the centre, but also the regional dynasties in states. One also does not normally realize the dynastic nature of our bureaucracy (2nd / 3rd generation), the media, defense services, the judiciary and even Bollywood. I am not in favour of say banning dynasties, but one needs to realize that they are self-perpetuating, incestuous and anti-meritocracy!

It is this “deep state” in India that rises to protect itself when anyone who is in its core is affected. The unusually shrill and well-coordinated attempt to protect Sanjay Dutt from facing his sentence is a case in point! This is not the first time, and is definitely not the last. Even when one of the members of this deep state gets convicted, after the initial unavoidable coverage, they somehow very conveniently recede into the shadows, like what happened with certain “sex scandals” and also some “inconvenient” CAG and Lokayukta reports! This deep state knows how to protect itself and its own.

This luxury is of course not available to say a Narendra Modi for the 2002 Gujarat riots.

It is this deep state which has been venomously against Modi for the last 10 years, hoping, wishing and praying that he would just go away. Unfortunately, Modi did not oblige (how inconsiderate of him) and now he is literally walking the national political stage like a colossus. Since the inevitability of Modi’s ascent has become so obvious, the deep state has now started trying to co-opt him into itself! The number of pro-Modi articles in the media, invitations to “Conclaves”, etc., is indicative of this attempt. This is an old habit of the deep state. If you can’t avoid the rise of an inconvenient entity, then co-opt it into the “group”.

There are stories that I had heard many ages ago about journalists who had been blackmailed into complying with the dictates of the deep-state through “pictures” of a compromising nature. These upright and outstanding journalists had very hesitantly and reluctantly complied with the demand to say drop a story. Such journalists have been completely co-opted, and are now a very active and enthusiastic part of what social media now calls the “paid media”. This is the corrosive influence of this deep state.

This deep state in India is being challenged by one entity covertly and one individual overtly!

The sheer cussedness with which social media is refusing to get cowed down by the state, which is bent upon muzzling it, is a classic story of an amorphous “David” against an insensitive “Goliath” of a state! 66A is but one manifestation. The case of a media diva conniving to send mails to organizations of “anonymous” tweeters to “expose” them was another. The deep state is at its wits ends, as what they were able to get away with all these years (either through coverage or suppressing stories); they are unable to do so now. The way this “fight” evolves, and shamefully in a democratic country (where we are supposed to have freedom of speech), is going to be very interesting.

The other mortal danger to the deep state is the rise of Narendra Modi. Rumours abound about how the deep state was even able to co-opt people at the highest levels in Vajpayee’s government, so that things remained “business-as-usual”! Modi threatens to actually do what Arun Shourie had paraphrased Mao, “bomb the headquarters”! Modi needs to do that because that’s what his legions of supporters expect of him and the country also needs. However, the deep state is also reaching out to Modi to co-opt him. The tragedy is that the deep state tightly controls the national narrative still, and knows how to couch its self-perpetuation into a garb of noble objectives which are difficult to repudiate (reservations, NREGA and FSB are classic examples). Modi needs to be careful and ensure that he stays away from the seductive grasp of the Indian deep state, as frankly besides him, no one else in the present political firmament seems even remotely capable of “bombing the headquarters”!

More strength to him! He can’t afford to fail.

http://centreright.in/2013/03/the-indian-deep-state/
Last edited by Sushupti on 31 Mar 2013 21:46, edited 1 time in total.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Jehadan getting pissed off at Madhu Kiswar.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

^^Let the fissures widen. I look forward to the twitter brawl that will ensue. Shabana should pick on Tavleen Singh next.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Maya+INC+Muslims Vs Modi Vs Mulayam is being orchestrated. It will be aar-aar ki ladai. Dynasty will have to be in the government, otherwise it will be either on jail or exile. Period
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

^ Muppala garu,

Need to do some analysis of UP.

We need to separate committed vote banks (votes secured in the worst performance election) and the swing votes (votes received in a wave) to predict each party's fortunes.

More over we can also see the votes gained by a given party when it entered into a pre-poll alliance. This indicates number of transferable votes.

Luckily UP went thru all kinds of ba*tardisations one can imagine.

This is where NM becomes so valuable to BJP, as he will pull away all development seeking Bharatiya Dalits and Muslims in to BJP camp.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

RoyG wrote:
RamaY wrote:^ UPA'a motto for next LS polls 2014: Bring back Foreign and Mughal rule over Hindu India.
Why? It's already here.
since 1947 is my answer.
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

Madhu Kishwar is definitely one gutsy and committed lady ! She's also a fairly close associate of Rajiv Malhotra and some of her articles can be found on the Infinity Foundation site. Her commitment to digging into the Truth and presenting it is truly inspirational...
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

What I love right now is that Modi's "elevation" is being done at the hand of useless upper caste cow belter from Advani camp who was responsible for degrading the poor backward caste messiah Kalyan Singh.

And the entrenched D4 suddenly got sidelined magically? How? RSS was also against Modi onlee no?
anmol
BRFite

Post by anmol »

^Rajnath ?
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

anmol wrote:^Rajnath ?
Supposedly :mrgreen:

Though read the following and decide for yourself

http://www.firstpost.com/politics/modi- ... 80221.html
Though Modi had earlier been part of these two bodies, inducted by LK Advani in 2004 and continued there when Rajnath Singh became party president last time in 2006. He was however, subsequently dropped using the excuse that since Parliamentary Board decided on chief ministers and no other chief minister was a Member in 12-member body, there was no pressing reason for Modi to be there. Then, it was also said that as member of these bodies he hardly had been absent from the meetings of the two committees.
Enough to confuse you, isnt it?

I can understand why some people look for simple (simplistic ?) picture of what is happening :) (not at you Anmol-ji, in general at the wide world)
anmol
BRFite

Post by anmol »

But is he really in Advani camp ?? Wasn't he some kind of compromise between RSS and Advani Camp ?
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

anmol wrote:But is he really in Advani camp ?? Wasn't he some kind of compromise between RSS and Advani Camp ?
The question is what are the real camps, because if you believe the media in each of the camps and start taking its intersection, each person is one camp -- or there are no camps.
:P
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

I'm enjoying the Madhu-Azmi conflict on Twitter. Finally, some real action. :lol:
Madhu Kishwar ‏@madhukishwar 2h
@SahuSKNT @AzmiShabana Shabana and I've known each other for years. I've been involved in these issues for a life time- much before shabana
Expand
Shreekant Sahu ‏@SahuSKNT 2h
@madhukishwar BTW have you given any thought to Stockholm Syndrome while writing the article @AzmiShabana
Expand
Madhu Kishwar ‏@madhukishwar 1h
@SahuSKNT @AzmiShabana Why do you get upset when muslims give u good news? Why this vested interest in their misery? Very lucrative cause?
Expand
Azmi Shabana ‏@AzmiShabana 1h
@madhukishwar u really believe I have lucrative interest in misery of Muslims? I knew some other madhu kishwar and u r smone else. GOOD BYE
:mrgreen:
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
JS RAWAT ‏@jashrawat 58m
@AzmiShabana @madhukishwar yes u do u Muslim bigot & anti-Hindu bitch
Expand
Madhu Kishwar ‏@madhukishwar 45m
@jashrawat @AzmiShabana PLEASE don't use abusive language- certainly not in my support. Please apologise to Shabana or else I will block you
https://twitter.com/madhukishwar
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

Guest Column | The Penn Hindus are right: This is about freedom of speech (they are also right on the facts)
Recently, several University of Pennsylvania professors made accusations in The Daily Pennsylvanian against the Indian politician Narendra Modi as part of a campaign of social pressure that managed to stop his presentation at the Wharton India Economic Forum. The facts I will present here should encourage Hindus and others who have reacted against such tactics and who are fighting for freedom of expression at Penn.
The author portrays the media bias like the bbc and others in demonising the non believers.
The point of this exercise is to lay bare a media bias. The BBC went out on the thinnest of limbs — hoping it would support fallacies of reasoning — in order to disappear from public consciousness the cause of the Gujarat riots. And this disappearing act of the aggressor Muslim mobs was reproduced in the wider mainstream media representation of those riots. In my view this is symptom of a systematic media disease: an effort to apologize, whitewash or ignore Muslim violence whenever possible and to portray the confrontations that result from Muslim violence as gratuitous attacks against Muslims.
Now with the so called leftists profs at upenn
The Penn faculty members who accused Narendra Modi appear to be afflicted by this disease. They have stated that Modi “is responsible — as the chief minister — for the pogroms in 2002 in which 2,000 Gujarati Muslims were massacred and hundreds of thousands displaced.”
First, it was the Muslim mobs, the ones attacking Hindus (twice) on the aforementioned train, and the rioters themselves who are responsible for the riot. State and municipal authorities are not responsible for a riot just because a “human rights” organization accuses them. Examination of the Human Rights Watch accusation — to wit, allegedly that “the police were under instructions from the Narendra Modi administration not to act firmly” against the Hindu rioters — reveals that it was based on a reporter’s assertion that HRW took at face value and which was itself based on unnamed “insiders” alleged to exist and alleged to have spoken with this reporter. Nothing more. Anybody can fabricate this kind of accusation, which brings us to the next point.
Second, “pogrom” is incorrectly used. This term originates in 19th-century Tsarist Russia where it was first used to label attacks against Jewish civilians that were instigated by the authorities but carried out by civilian mobs who acted with impunity while the police watched idly by. It is now often applied to any kind of mob attack that official authorities unofficially assist. But in Gujarat, the violence resulted from a Muslim attack, not instigation from the authorities. The authorities actually declared a curfew immediately after the attack — and this was spelled out even in the original BBC reports (see above) — in order to lower the probability of riots. And the police tried to stop the rioters and actually fired on both Hindus and Muslims. In the aftermath a good 31 people were sentenced to life in prison for their part in the riots, most of them Hindus, so the rioters did not act with impunity. The rioters included Muslims, who were also prosecuted.
Third, it is false that “2000 Gujarati Muslims were massacred.” According to Webster’s, the term “massacre” refers to the “the act or an instance of killing a number of usually helpless or unresisting human beings under circumstances of atrocity or cruelty.” But here, according to the estimates, in addition to the 790 Muslims killed (not 2,000), an additional 254 Hindus were also killed (plus the almost 60 Hindus who died on the train). This was a fight.
These Penn faculty members also state that “During [Modi’s] regime, school textbooks have been re-written to celebrate Nazi Germany’s efficiencies.” This gets it exactly backwards. During Modi’s regime, these textbooks, which were introduced by the Congress party communists back in 1986, were removed. :(( :((

It is a bit shocking that three Penn faculty members, two of them holding doctorates in English, should take such liberties with the meaning of words in common English usage such as “pogrom” and “massacre.” Of greater concern is how little they value basic research, for it takes minutes to check the facts of this case. More objectionable still is their behavior, seeking to undermine freedom of speech at their own university.
Disclaimer about the author-
Full disclosure

I am an interested party here. I am interested in preserving the guarantees of freedom of speech and academic freedom at the University of Pennsylvania, where I was once proud to teach as an assistant professor of Psychology. I was hired there on the strength of my work on racism and ethnic prejudice, [b[but when I began investigating the media whitewashing of Islamist terrorists in Yugoslavia and also the media whitewashing of Islamist terrorists who attack Israeli citizens, I was told by my colleagues — in no uncertain terms — to stop. Then, after I explained that I wouldn’t stop, my contract was not renewed.[/b] One naturally hopes that this kind of thing is an isolated, freak instance. But recent events at Penn suggest that the problem may be systemic and that Islamist apologetics has somehow become more important in the academic world than the values of the Enlightenment, values that gave rise to our modern universities. To see Penn’s brave Hindu students demanding freedom of thought, freedom of expression and academic freedom is to witness a dramatic demonstration that the values of the Enlightenment are truly universal. Hopefully, academics at the University of Pennsylvania — and Westerners more broadly — can be shamed back into defending academic, political and speech freedoms for all.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 312545.cms
Beni Prasad Verma a drug addict, opium smuggler: SP
Amid indications that Beni Prasad Verma's continuation in the Union Cabinet may have become uncertain, his ongoing war with Samajwadi Party plumbed new depths on Sunday with Mulayam Singh Yadav's brother and UP minister Shivpal Yadav accusing the steel minister of being a drug addict and opium smuggler.

"Aajkal woh cigarette zyada peeney lagey hain. Pehle sirf afeem ki taskari karte they, ab cigarette me charas milane lage hain (These days, he has increased smoking. Earlier, he was only engaged in smuggling of opium... now he has started mixing charas in his cigarettes)," Shivpal told reporters.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

vijayk wrote:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 312545.cms
This seems to be a clearly calibrated show where SP and Congress are seen to be the two competitors in UP and as such the votes get distributed between the two whereas Modi does not get much publicity because the to-and-fro from these two idiot factions hogs all the limelight and attention of people.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

RajeshA wrote:
vijayk wrote:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 312545.cms
This seems to be a clearly calibrated show where SP and Congress are seen to be the two competitors in UP and as such the votes get distributed between the two whereas Modi does not get much publicity because the to-and-fro from these two idiot factions hogs all the limelight and attention of people.
yep. But don't worry. Come elections, these jokers will be ignored
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Arjun wrote:Madhu Kishwar is definitely one gutsy and committed lady ! She's also a fairly close associate of Rajiv Malhotra and some of her articles can be found on the Infinity Foundation site. Her commitment to digging into the Truth and presenting it is truly inspirational...

But just to show some equal-equal and to prove her politically neutral stance, she tweeted that she will campaign for Sheila Dixit as BJP has selected Vijay Goel as BJP's Delhi chief based on her experiences during ABV regime. I personally think this is unnecessary. This falls into exact same category of BJP has to be gold for me to approve it otherwise I will go back to the worst scoundrels on the face of the earth as a default.