Oppression of minorities in Pakistan

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Re: Oppression of minorities in Pakistan

Post by Prem »

http://dawn.com/2013/03/26/motorcycle-d ... hir-mehdi/
The sikhs of nankana Sahib: Life Under The Shadow of Towering Hate\

( Had this Holy place been in India ,it would have been a crowded place 24/7/365)

Nankana is to Sikhs what Makkah is to Muslims. The birth place of their holy prophet, Baba Guru Nanak. There are relics of Sikhism all around as Baba had spent the early part of his life in this town situated in the middle of Rachna Doab. Each of these relics later became a place of worship and a pilgrimage point.I stayed under the same cover on my second night out with my friend Kalyan Singh who is a lecturer of Punjabi at the Government College, Gujranwala. Punjabi is sacred to Sikhs as it is the language of their holy book, Granth Sahab. But the lingua franca of the 200 plus Sikh families here is Pashto as almost all of them have migrated from tribal areas and Pakhtunkhwa. Nankana Sahab is their last hope. They are trying to take refuge under this tamboo of which barely a piece is left.This tiny community living under the shadow of the walls of Gurudwaras faces grave problems. Gurudwaras are sacred for Sikhs but for the most Muslims of Nankana, they are real estate, profitable plots of land. There are businesses and residences settled all over the occupied land and the promotion of religious intolerance makes simple business sense for these occupants.
No politician is ready to take up the issue. The Sikh votes are too few and the community too insecure and vulnerable to take any political sides. Their depoliticisation is enhanced by their disenfranchisement which is a result of the difficulties that they face in getting an identity card.

Kalyan Singh who is pursuing his doctorate at tge Punjab University had bruises on his hands and face the day I met him. He told me that while in a government office today, he was shoved and pushed to the ground by a stranger for nothing. “It happens many a times, people misbehave with us in public for the fun of it,” he told me with a grim face. I am afraid that some must do it for a sawab as well.And if you think that I am being a cynic, I have concrete evidence to prove you wrong.
A massive mosque is under construction just next to Gurudwara Janam Asthan. Its minaret is so tall that it could not be constructed the way minarets of most mosques are. So, it has a special design that enables the maulanas to snarl at this minuscule community from the heights of their hateful selves. The mosque is designed to dwarf the Gurudwara. A further element of insult, that is cast in concrete is that the prayer compound of the mosque is constructed on an unusually high platform, that is higher than the highest point of the prayer hall of the Gurudwara. So that the Muslims can remain a floor above. Does that make them nearer to God?The eateries in the entire bazaar that is frequented by the local Sikhs either plainly refuse to serve them or have separate cups and glasses for them. Kalyan Singh who has spent almost his entire here can even tell you which rehri wala will serve him and which won’t.The more debilitating of their problems are again about the documentation of their citizenship status. There are cases when a child was not able to sit for their matriculation the matric exam for want of a B form.Most Sikh children study in a school that is set up especially by their community but they admit children of other faiths as well. It is headed by a Muslim educationist and the teachers are Muslims too. The school teaches the subject of Islamiyat to all children as no alternative to this subject exists in the government prescribed syllabi.
Just when I was struggling to invent hope in this hopeless environment, I found it. A tale of two friends – may it blossom for ever. Meet Mahnoor and Balvinder Kaur:
( Watch the Videos to see the fear and segregation)
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

The two Plastic glasses are reserved for Sikhs to drink water separate from Muslims.

arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

In the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Green on Green religion inspired Intra-Mohammadden violence sees a cleric of the Shia Sect of Mohammaddenism attacked. This incident clearly shows that Mohammaddens of the minority Shia sect of Mohammaddenism will continue paying the bloody price for unwisely supporting the formation of a country, namely the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, as a supposed safe haven for the adherents of that religion residing on the Indian Sub-Continent. :

Shia leader injured in targeted attack in Karachi
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the "Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan" thread.
Narad wrote:Allah recalls his 8 worthless momins from shitland.
KOHAT, PESHAWAR: Two bombs exploded in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s Peshawar and Kohat areas on Sunday killing at least eight persons and injuring 30 others.
Yawn.com/2013/04/28/bomb-on-election-office-of-na-39-candidate-leaves-four-dead/

Rather than an act of purely political violence it is likely that at least one of the attacks in Kohat was a case Green on Green Mohammadden religion inspired violence as one of the politicians whose office was targeted , namely Syed Noor Akbar Alam, is a member of the minority Shia sect of Mohammaddenism:

Pakistan police say bomb blast kills 6 at a Shiite politician's office in northwest
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

X-post

Taliban Khan's PTI Media Cell puts out this important declaration to preserve its Imaan:

PTI denies seeking Ahmadis support in polls

And he calls himself a liberal who will build a "naya pakistan"?
vinod
BRFite

Post by vinod »

Hell on Earth is in Pakistan
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-22248500
For years Quetta in Pakistan has rarely been visited by foreign media organisations, as it is considered too dangerous. Now a World Service investigation has uncovered the reality of life for the city's persecuted Hazara Shia community in what some describe as "hell on earth".

On 10 January 2013, a suicide bomber walked into a packed snooker hall in Quetta and detonated an explosive device, marking the beginning of what would become the bloodiest day in Pakistan's recent history.

Eight people died in the initial blast and the area soon became flooded with people trying to help. A second bomb planted on an ambulance was then detonated.

The attacks killed more than 120 people, most of them from the Hazara Shia community, in a campaign strategically planned to inflict maximum carnage.

Quetta's Hazara community is on the front line of Pakistan's battle with violent extremism.

Ruqsana Bibi lost three of her four sons on that day. The walls of her modest home are filled with family pictures. She sits on the floor holding three frames. Each contains a picture of one of the children she lost.

"I ran to the mosque barefoot and I saw the bodies of my three sons. I kissed their faces. I carried them to the cemetery myself. The eldest was Khadim Husain. I said to him: 'You must take care of your brothers in the grave.' I don't know what happened to me then. People took me home."

Mrs Bibi says her grandsons, aged nine and five, are afraid that they too will be "martyred" one day.

"They say: 'Who are these people killing us?' Who are these people that are stirring up trouble between Sunnis and Shias? It didn't used to be like this."

Mrs Bibi's family, like almost all of the victims of the Quetta attacks, are Hazara.

Hazaras are ethnically Mongolian, with oriental features and light skin, different from much of Pakistan's population.

The vast majority of Hazaras are Shia Muslim and are therefore declared "heretics" by militant Sunni Islamist groups like Lashkar-e-Jhangvi.

Quetta is home to more than half a million Hazara Shias, making them an easy target for Sunni extremists who want to punish their "heresy" with violence.

Five weeks after the attack on the snooker hall, another bomb was detonated in a crowded market place in Quetta, killing almost 90 people.

It happened as people, mainly women, were shopping for groceries and schoolchildren were coming out of their classes.

Lashkar-e-Jhangvi claimed responsibility for both attacks.

The group released a statement declaring that they planned to turn Quetta into "a graveyard for Shias".

Fighting for survival

The extreme violence in Quetta means many Hazaras feel pessimistic about their future in Pakistan. Nargis Ali, 19, was planning on going to Balochistan University, in Quetta.

But faced with the security risks, her parents have asked her to give up on academia.

A suicide bomber detonated his device in this Quetta snooker hall in January
"I got brilliant results but even the university staff say they cannot guarantee my safety. My parents really wanted me to study but they are just so scared of what will happen," she told the BBC.

"Education is the most important thing to me - but what choice do we have?"

Many young Hazaras have fled Quetta, in the hope of claiming asylum in Australia and Europe. It is estimated that 90% of those fleeing the violence do so illegally.

Quetta is now home to a booming human trafficking industry. The journey to Australia via Christmas Island in the South Pacific is fraught with danger.

Mohammed Changezi is a social worker, who runs workshops on migration at a Hazara community centre. His uncle, aunt and their children all drowned en route to Australia.

"It's dangerous," he says. "Agents lie to get a few hundred dollars. There are so many people migrating because of the law and order situation."

Mohammed Ibrahim, who is 28, is now back in Quetta after spending a year in an Indonesian detention centre.

He paid a local agent to get him to Australia, and was put on a boat from Jakarta to Christmas Island. The boat began to leak and the captain deserted his passengers, leaving them to be picked up by the coastguard.

"My brother also paid a trafficker to get him to Australia. We know that the boat sunk in December 2011 but my parents will not accept that he is dead.

"Most families won't accept that their loved ones are gone. People say that there is a prison in the ocean and everyone will be released soon. Everyone keeps hoping that they will hear some news, but the news never comes.

"The only reason we are leaving is for our survival. Our lives are threatened here - they have no value. What do you expect us to do?"

Government impotence
Quetta is close to the Afghan border and is rife with Taliban activity.

But the city is also being affected by an insurgency by Baloch rebels who are demanding complete autonomy and a greater share of resources from the mineral-rich region.

The Pakistani government has faced widespread criticism for its inability to stop the violence.

Paul Bhatti, the former minister in charge of "national harmony", blames Pakistan's long history of military dictatorship.

"We have had many years of military rule and so the civilian government has not had enough time to make effective policy. We are doing our best but it will take time."

Many believe the government is unwilling to tackle hard-line Sunni militant groups for fear of being deemed "un-Islamic".

Ruqsana Bibi with her grandchildren and photos of her three sons
Arab influenced Salafi Islam, which takes a literal approach to the faith, is gaining ground in Pakistani politics. The nation's "Islamisation" is now one of the election's most contentious issues.

Salafi-inspired groups such as Lashkar-e-Jhangvi and its sister organisation Sipah-e-Sahaba have terrorised Pakistan's Shia community for years.

These groups have been banned by the Pakistani government but the organisation has re-branded itself as Ahle Sunnah Wal Jamaat. The party is now fielding candidates in general elections due this month on a specifically anti-Shia platform.

Senior party member and National Assembly candidate Mohamed Fayyaz denies that the organisation is involved in attacks on Hazara Shias.

"Just because someone said they are from Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, what proof is there that it was someone from our group? We don't want to murder Shias. We want them to be declared non-Muslim in the National Assembly. That is what we're working towards."

Pakistan's forthcoming election inspires little hope among Quetta's Hazara community.

Every day, Ruqsana Bibi visits the Quetta cemetery. After reciting a graveside prayer for her sons, she explained: "We don't know who these people are that are killing us and we don't know why the government won't stop them.

"We just want them to remember that Hazaras are Pakistani too. We want someone to make this madness stop."
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

Hindu charity arranges Free Education for Pakistani Hindu (refugee) Girls
25 girls were selected for free education up to graduation at Noida Kanya Gurukul. All of their expenses up to graduation will be borne by Gurukul. This is the first small but very crucial step. We are coordinating with other gurukuls and schools as well so that we are able to provide education for all the children in the refugee camp.
Around 480 Pakistani Hindus are living as refugees in Bijwasan, New Delhi after they were forced to leave Pakistan owing to religious fundamentalism. Details: http://agniveer.com/pakistani-hindus-ar ... nsibility/
No education for Hindu women: In Pakistan these girls were kept cooped up at home by their parents because of fear they would be kidnapped by Moslems.
Child marriage of Hindu women: Many Pakistani Hindus said they were marrying off their girls by age 10 for the same reason.
Kukreja
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Kukreja »

I tried donating to the link provided at the site, but I'm getting a "404 Error File Not Found" error.

Anyone know of any other orgs helping these Sindhi Hindus? Would love to help if I can....
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

^^^ Try emailing them at agniveer@agniveer.com
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Rajdeep wrote:http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 06774.html

A Hindu hell on earth

They had waited for years. So when the opportunity came they took it, even if it meant leaving behind friends and neighbours, brothers and husbands. Even a three-day-old baby boy. Seven weeks ago, almost 500 Hindus from Pakistan crossed into India on the pretence of visiting a religious festival. In reality, they had come to escape religious persecution and poverty. Some said they would rather commit suicide than go back.

“Pakistan is worse than hell for Hindus,” said one of those who managed to flee, Laxman Das, a fruit trader from Hyderabad.

Though Pakistan was established as a state for Muslims, the original vision of its founder, Mohammad Ali Jinnah, was of a place of tolerance and inclusion. :evil:
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

Sacred Thread Sanskar of Pakistani ‘Dalit’ Hindus

In a very special event organized at Dada Mote Mandir, Village Bharthal, Bijwasan, Delhi, today on May 21, 2013, 482 Pakistani Hindu refugees were honored with Yajnopaveet (Sacred Thread in Hinduism). The program was masterminded by Dr D K Garg, eminent educationist and Head – Education & Knowledge Excellence (Agniveer). Dr D K Garg is leading the Agniveer initiative for supporting Pakistani refugees.
Amit Patel
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Amit Patel »

arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

kish wrote:Pakis eliminated yet another kufr shia family. Alllah will justly reward the perpetrators who did this holly act on the day of judgement. :mrgreen:

During pakistan movement: sunnis, shias, ahmedias were against Hindus and Sikhs
After Paki independence: sunnis & shias were against Hindus, Sikhs & Ahmedias
21's century pakisatan : Sunnis against Hindus, Sikhs, Ahmedias & Shias

Sectarian violence: Shia SHC lawyer, sons shot dead in Karachi
A Sindh High Court lawyer and his two sons aged 12 and 15 were killed near Mauripur Road, Karachi on Tuesday, Express News reported.

Men, on a motorbike, gunned down lawyer Kausar Saqlain and his sons Owais Abbas and Mohammad Abbas as he took them to school.

The sons died on the spot, while Saqlain sustained severe injuries and was shifted to a local hospital, where he succumbed to his wounds.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

In the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Green on Green religion inspired Intra-Mohammadden violence sees adherents of the minority Shia Sect of Mohammaddenism attacked in Karachi and Peshawar. This incident clearly shows that Mohammaddens of the minority Shia sect of Mohammaddenism will continue paying a bloody price for unwisely supporting the formation of a country, namely the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, as a supposed safe haven for the adherents of that religion residing on the Indian Sub-Continent.

Tuesday morning in Karachi:

Sectarian violence: Lawyer, two sons shot dead in Mauripur

Tuesday night in Peshawar:

Sectarian attack: Bomb targeting Imambargah kills two in Peshawar
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

x-post
Peregrine wrote:Explosion after firing near imambargah in Karachi kills four
KARACHI : At least four people were killed and eight others, including police officials, were injured as unknown men opened firing at an Imambargah in Bilal Colony area of Korangi, Karachi, Express News reported. An explosion followed soon afterwards.
<Snip> :oops:
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

RSoami wrote:http://www.hindustantimes.com/world-new ... 79471.aspx

Christian women paraded naked in Pak. Please remove if posted already
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

The issue of adherents of Mohammaddenism in the UK with roots to the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, indulging in paedophilic sexual grooming, comes in for comment by Soeren Kern of the think tank, the Gatestone Institute. In the process a new Jihad term, namely “Rape Jihad” is coined joining others like “Love Jihad”,“Sex Jihad” etc:

Britain: "Rape Jihad" Against Children

Also from the Gatestone Institute an article about the Mohammaddens of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan persecuting their Abrahamic religious cousins, namely the followers of Christism:

Pakistan: Violations against Christians Soar
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

The month of Ramadan aka Ramazan aka Ramadan which Mohammaddens consider holy was not enough to stave off yet another bout of Green on Green religion inspired sectarian Intra-Mohammadden killings. In the present case, members of the minority Shia sect of Mohammaddenism are murdered by co-religionists of the Sunni sect ironically in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, a country that claims it was formed as a “safe haven” for the Mohammaddens of the Indian Sub-Continent:

‘Sectarian attack’: Four Hazara traders shot dead in Quetta
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

717 people died in Pakistan in religious violence: USCIRF

The referenced "Pakistan Religious Violence Project" report released by the US Commission for International Religious Freedom,is available at the below link and presents a comprehensive compendium of Mohammadden religion based violence targeting Hindu’s Christian’s and Sikh’s besides co-religionists belonging to minority sects of Mohammaddenism, namely Shia’s and Ahmadiyya’s, in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan:

Pakistan’s History of Violence: A Chronology of Targeted Violence against Religious Communities
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the Islamism thread.

The horror of being a Non-Mohammadden Kaafir Dhimmi, Hindu in this particular case, in a Mohammadden majority country like the Islamic Republic of Pakistan:

PAKISTAN: Jihad to convert Hindu girls to Islam rages on
member_23692
BRFite

Post by member_23692 »

Yet another article, this time in the very "secular" Times of India, about a UN Report claiming that Hindus are the worst victims of rape in Pak

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/worl ... 167541.cms

It is a disgrace that One billion Hindus cannot protect our young daughters in this neighboring hell hole, a cesspool of a place called Pakistan
Santosh
BRFite

Post by Santosh »

I wish an NDA government comes to power and proposes exchange of population with Pak as top priority. This madness needs to stop. If we can allow 1500 rohingyas to settle we can definitely find a place for our own people.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

I think this round of targeting of Hindus in Sindh specially women is to force them to migrate to India. This is the Bdeshi strategy of targeting Hindus. Primarily women and grabbing property and sometimes murder. In Sindh it is abduction. The reason I suspect is demography. Hindus are already about 20% of Sindh minus Karachi.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

The month of Ramadan aka Ramazan aka Ramadan which Mohammaddens consider holy was not enough to stave off yet another bout of Green on Green religion inspired sectarian Intra-Mohammadden killings. In the present case, members of the minority Shia aka Shiite sect of Mohammaddenism are murdered by co-religionists of the Sunni sect ironically in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, a country that claims it was formed as a “safe haven” for the Mohammaddens of the Indian Sub-Continent:

Gunmen kill two Shiite Muslims in SW Pakistan
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

In the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, a country claimed to have been formed to provide a safe haven for the Mohammaddens of the Indian Sub-Continent, members of the minority Shia aka Shiite sect of Mohammaddenism find out that they have no immunity from the religion inspired predatory actions of their Sunni sect co-religionists. The Green on Green Intra Mohammadden religion inspired predatory action being the demonstration of the IED Mubarak variant of the IEDology of Pakistan targeting Shia’s aka Shiite’s on the day of the Mohammadden Sabbath of Friday during the Mohammadden holy month of Ramadan aka Ramazan aka Ramzan:

Sectarian violence: Twin blasts ravage Parachinar markets
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posting from the TSP thread with a hat tip to Partha.

A case of Green on Green Intra Mohammadden religion inspired sectarian based oppression in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan sees members of the minority Ahmadi aka Ahmedi aka Ahmadiyya sect of Mohammaddenism get persecuted by their co-religionists.

Also pretty funny that in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, a country supposed to have been created as a safe haven for Mohammadden’s of the Indian Sub-Continent, a group of Mohammaddens , the Ahmadiyya’s, are prevented by law from describing themselves as followers of Mohammaddenism.

Dispossession: Ahmedis banished from place of worship
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

In the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, a country claimed to have been formed to provide a safe haven for the Mohammaddens of the Indian Sub-Continent, members of the minority Shia aka Shiite sect of Mohammaddenism find out that they have no immunity from the religion inspired predatory actions of their Sunni sect co-religionists. The Green on Green Intra Mohammadden religion inspired predatory action being the killing of a two Shias during the Mohammadden holy month of Ramadan aka Ramazan aka Ramzan:

Shia leader, son killed in Rahim Yar Khan
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

In the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, a country claimed to have been formed to provide a safe haven for the Mohammaddens of the Indian Sub-Continent, members of the minority Shia aka Shiite sect of Mohammaddenism find out that they have no immunity from being targeted by the religion inspired predatory actions of their Sunni sect co-religionists. The Green on Green Intra Mohammadden religion inspired predatory action being an abortive demonstration in Islamabad of the IED Mubarak variant of the IEDology of Pakistan on the Mohammadden Sabbath of Friday which coincidentally also happens to be the festival of Eid Ul Fitr :

Suicide attack at Islamabad mosque foiled; bomber gunned down
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

In the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, a country claimed to have been formed to provide a safe haven for the Mohammaddens of the Indian Sub-Continent, members of the minority Aga Khan led Ismaili aka Khoja sect of Mohammaddenism find out that they have no immunity from the religion inspired predatory actions of their co-religionists. The Green on Green Intra Mohammadden religion inspired predatory action being the demonstration of the IEDology of Pakistan targeting a Jamaat Khana ie: a place of worship of the Ismaili / Khoja sect:

Consecutive cracker blasts in Karachi Jamaat Khana leaves 2 dead
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Christian widow threatened by husband’s Muslim family, Islam or death
Her husband, a Muslim (or was he, if he...), has always fought for religious freedom and said: " My wife and my children should feel free to profess their faith." After his death, the relatives put pressure on the woman and her daughters, married with young Christians.
After all, there is no compulsion in malsi.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

arun wrote:X Posted from the Islamism thread.
how do pious ghazis justify this?

1. According to Quran, one can do ANYTHING to convert kafirs to islam. So rape is not rape.
2. A Kafir woman is fair game.

I think the Prophet chose 1.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted.
shravan wrote:25 dead, 45 injured. #Peshawar Church Blast

Suicide bomber targets #Peshawar church after Sunday Mass. Approx. 300 present. 25 dead, 45 injured according to @ARYNews.

----

Eye Witness reporting 100 Plus have been killed in Two Bomb Blasts at Church #Peshawar
The death toll in the above demonstration of the IEDMubarak variant of the IEDology of Pakistan targeting a place of worship used by followers of Christism, has climbed to 56.

Naturally all us Kaafir Dhimmi’s are required to believe that Momin Mohammaddens had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with this outrage as Mohammaddenism is “The Religion of Peace” and any suggestion otherwise is a Hanood / Yehudi / Nasara plot to malign the Mohammadden religion and Pakistan:

Suicide Attack on Pakistani Church Kills 56 People
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

X post

With regard to Peshawar Church blasts.
Note: Large numbers of Christians are employed as Sanitation workers , Municipal workers etc in Pakistan, as Momeen( Believers/practicing muslims) are discouraged from taking up "dirty" or impure jobs in Islam.
harbans wrote:Duniya TV Pakistan says: 'Jo log kachra saaf karte hain, aaj unhi ka safaya ho gaya'. :evil: :evil:
Translation: "The people who clean up the garbage got themselves cleaned up today"

X-post
Anujan wrote:Apparently the police let the terrorists walk in scot free into the church.

And when asked about the church bombing immy (imran khan) apparently said "let's not forget there was a drone attack today"

AoA onlee.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

In the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, a country claimed to have been formed to provide a safe haven for the Mohammaddens of the Indian Sub-Continent, members of the minority Shia aka Shiite sect of Mohammaddenism find out that they have no immunity from being targeted by the religion inspired predatory actions of their Sunni sect co-religionists. The Green on Green Intra Mohammadden religion inspired predatory action being the gunning down of two Shia’s in Karachi:

Two killed in ‘sectarian’ attack
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted.
Peregrine wrote:No 'Qurbani' for you : Police stop Ahmadis from ritual sacrificing in Lahore
LAHORE: Lahore police stopped various members of the Ahmadi community in Lahore from slaughtering animals as part of ‘Qurbani’ ritual on Eidul Azha, proclaiming that the ritual of animal sacrifice was an Islamic injunction whereas Ahmadis were not Muslims.
Cheers Image
Yet again one sees in the Islamic Republic of the Land of the Pure, Mohammaddens who reckon themselves more “pure” and more “green” persecute their less “pure” and less “green” co-religionists.

For a country claimed to have been created as a safe haven for the Mohammaddens of the Indian Sub-Continent, the Islamic Republic of Pakistan has an unconscionable high prevalence of Mohammadden religion inspired and constitutionally enabled persecution of those belonging to minority Mohammadden sects.

Those belonging to the Ahmadi aka Ahmedi aka Ahmadiyya sect of Mohammaddenism must certainly be regretting the support they gave for the partition India and the formation of Pakistan.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Hindu Grave Desecrated - DT
KARACHI: Sindh Local Government Minister Owais Muzaffar has directed DIG Hyderabad to hold fresh inquiries into Pangriyo incident, where some criminals had desecrated the body of Hindu Dalit folk singer, Bhooro Bheel, a few weeks back.

On the directives of Patron-in-Chief of Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, Muzaffar visited the family of the victim in village Karo Bheel near Pangriyo town on Sunday.

Minority Affairs Minister Gyanchand Esrani, MNA Sardar Kamal Khan Chang, MPAs Hasnain Mirza and Muhammad Nawaz Chandio, and Surender Valasai accompanied him.

Muzaffar summoned DIG Hyderabad, DC and SP Badin to village Karo Bheel and ordered that all the culprits involved in this gruesome incident should be brought to the book, and not spared. He assured the family of Bhooro Bheel that justice will be served to them and the criminals couldn’t escape from the long arms of law.

On the occasion, the minister announced that land will be granted for the minorities’ graveyard and also asked the minority minister to construct a boundary wall around this graveyard. He further said that one member of Bhooro Bheel family will be given a government job and his widow would be provided financial assistance by Sindh government.
He said that a few people having criminal minds want to defame the province and the country through their nefarious designs, but Sindh government will foil such conspiracies. He also took notice that a particular qabza group wants to encroach upon the graveyard land and ordered DC Badin to start an operation against any kind of encroachment on government lands in Badin.

The minister also asked DC Badin to requisition additional police contingents from anti-encroachment force, if needed.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Where defacing religious symbols is not debased - DT
KARACHI: Standing on one foot with one leg slightly bent the huge statue of Hindu God Krishna in his long ceremonial dress, garland and flute, he seems to be in the middle of playing his flute to please gopis (milkmaids), but the statue was beheaded.

And it was not a scene from Indian town of Mathra, :?: where he was born, but it was up above a historical building, Sugan Mansion, located on MA Jinnah Road (formerly known as Bundar Road) in Pakistan's biggest city of Karachi.
On Krishna's sides, Gopis stand carrying garlands, but no one knows their expressions, as some religious zealot, has removed their heads as well.

Sugan Mansion, with around 32 houses in it, is filled with sacred religious reminders of its past architectural glory, when Hindu owners inhabited it. The Oam, is still visible in the iron grills of most of the balconies of this historical building. The foundation stone, installed in the centre under a huge clock bearing roman numerals, reveals that Sugan Mansion was constructed in 1937.

This is not the only building in the downtown area of the city that has been defaced in such a manner, rather, there are countless monuments of history, and the downtown is like an open museum for heritage enthusiasts.

These areas, which comprise different localities of Saddar and Lyari town, are home to hundreds of historical buildings that belong to the colonial era. According to the heritage experts during British era, most of the residents of this city preferred to build mansions that contained many houses.

Just the MA Jinnah Road, has the distinction of having some of the finest historical buildings from British colonial rule, and according to heritage expert Yasmeen Lari, the one-and-a-half kilometre between Karachi Municipal Corporation (KMC) building and Merewether Tower, about 60 to 70 historical buildings, majority of them protected under Sindh Cultural Heritage Protection Act, are situated.

According to the official record of Sindh Antiquities Department and Sindh Culture Department, the provincial government in 1996 declared around 600 such buildings as protected heritage sites in Karachi under Sindh Cultural Heritage Protection Act.

These protected, heritage buildings include Theosophical Hall, Denso Hall, KMC Building, Mama Parsi School, Radio Pakistan Building, Narayan Jagannath Vidyala High School (NJV High School), Diwan Dayaram Jethamal Sindh Government Science College, Khaliqdina Hall, Sugan Mansion, and Richmond Crawford Veterinary Hospital.

Though, officially, Sindh Culture Department is the custodian of these protected heritage sites, practically the department has not taken any steps to protect them.

Majority of these buildings declared as protected heritage sites are residential, where tenants are making changes according to their requirements to get more space for the increasing number of family members.

Akhtar Baloch, a journalist who worked a lot on historical buildings, said that most of these buildings were constructed by Hindus, Parsis and Christians, therefore, the buildings abound with religious signs from the three communities. "Due to rising religious extremism in our society, most people have started removing these religious signs and also many buildings are being demolished to construct new ones," he said.

The result is not merely a loss of beautiful old buildings, rather, it is a heritage lost for the generations to come.