Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
partha
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Post by partha »

Mani Shankar Aiyar -

http://tribune.com.pk/story/558676/paki ... -lawmaker/

I want to punch him in the face.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Partha, We know about MSA and I can understand your desire. However, I must confess that I was pleasantly surprised by a few statements he made. He conceded, for the first time perhaps, that the Pakistanis had a visceral anti-Indianness in the past (though he believes that it is fading now) and that Nawaz Sharif's record on curbing anti-India violence is not a particularly 'a very happy one'. I was amazed that MSA even admitted to these facts. He also mentioned about LeT, an entity about which he did not seem to know anything in the past !
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

SSJi, I respectfully disagree. Those are all minute details. At the end of the day, all MSA did was play to his US audience, and I am sure many went patting him on the back for thinking different from "Hindu extremists". Contemptible guys likde MSA are useful idiots. Any rational, any objective, and any honest observer of TSP, US, and India ought to point out first and foremost two unassailable facts: 1) TSP use of terror as an instrument of state policy against India, and 2) US feeding the military appetite of TSP against India despite its terror infrastructure.

Why didn't MSA, who is so "secular", who is so aggressive at the drop of a hat in castigating his own country, particularly BJP, but did not have the b@lls to question US military to TSP. If TSP has changed so much, why is Hafeez Saeed running around under the protection of TSPA? Why hasn't TSP moved on 26/11? I am sorry to say so, but MSA is symptomatic of the deep lethargy, cowardice, and delusion that has seeped into India's decision makers in dealing with TSP. I would go further than Partha, I would want to p!ss on this contemptible coward.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Security breach: Students asked to re-sit Cambridge exams
KARACHI : Students who took the O’level and IGCSE Islamiat and Pakistan Studies exams last month will have to reappear for the two subjects on June 13 and 14 in order to receive a grade, the Cambridge International Examinations announced on Monday.

Authorities cite security breach of examination papers as the reason behind the rescheduling of exams. This year, unofficial estimates say, 20,000 students across the country sat the exams of the two compulsory subjects
Cheers Image
member_23629
BRFite

Post by member_23629 »

partha wrote:Mani Shankar Aiyar -

This guy is a non-entity in India and should be ignored. He tries to remain in limelight by using his champagne commie pals in NDTV and some fundamentalists in the Pakistani newspapers who see him as a useful idiot. He represents no one except himself.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

partha Ji :

It could just possibly be that MSA is under Instructions of the "Panda"!

Mani Shankar Aiyar and his shenanigans
When Indians were donating money and jewellery - even sweaters - to sustain India's fight against the Chinese in 1962, Mani Shankar Aiyar, as secretary of the Cambridge unit of Communist party, was busy collecting funds for Chinese soldiers," Thackeray said, quoting Bhagat, on Saturday.

"Aiyar was then perceived as threat to national security and the police had a slew of files on him. However, the Aiyar family put to use its strong political connections and the then President of India intervened to clear the decks for Mani's entry into the IFS," Thackeray said.
Cheers Image
member_23629
BRFite

Post by member_23629 »

However, the Aiyar family put to use its strong political connections and the then President of India intervened to clear the decks for Mani's entry into the IFS
IB had files on him. Even when he joined IFS, he was not given a posting for a couple of years as IB declared him a threat to national security. It was Nehru (the patron saint of all communist traitors in India) who directly intervened to help him. The man should have been arrested for treason but became a union minister!
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

varunkumar wrote:
However, the Aiyar family put to use its strong political connections and the then President of India intervened to clear the decks for Mani's entry into the IFS
IB had files on him. Even when he joined IFS, he was not given a posting for a couple of years as IB declared him a threat to national security. It was Nehru (the patron saint of all communist traitors in India) who directly intervened to help him. The man should have been arrested for treason but became a union minister!
varunkumar Ji :

The Article in the Times of India mentions “the then President of India”.

MSA joined the IAS in 1963 and Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan served as President from 13th May 1962 to 13th May 1967.

I am not a supporter of JLN but possibly holding him responsible for MSA being selected for the IAS is like giving a XXX a bad name!

member_23629
BRFite

Post by member_23629 »

^^^ I had a conversation with him about 8 years ago and he told me this himself. Maybe he approached the president through family connections to put in a word with Nehru.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

CRamS wrote:SSJi, I respectfully disagree. . . .
CRS, I am not in disagreement with you at all. It is for the first time I have (at least I have) seen MSA accepting some Pakistani guilt of sponsoring violence in India and an intractable hatred for us. Do not read anything beyond this simple statement of facts into what I said.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Just cant get myself to watch any of videos this mahashay is in.....tried a lot but whole body starts trembling with rage and irritation the moment this man opens his mouth ( esp if related to Hindutva or TSP).

Dont know how other BRF-ites have the self-control and calmness to sit through his discourses!
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Yeah.
The guy is such a mouth farter. Total jackass, mr know-it-all, smart alec of the first degree.
I agree, total waste of time to watch him.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Heard he was in Bay Area, Ca this week.
ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ArmenT »

Peregrine wrote:Security breach: Students asked to re-sit Cambridge exams
KARACHI : Students who took the O’level and IGCSE Islamiat and Pakistan Studies exams last month will have to reappear for the two subjects on June 13 and 14 in order to receive a grade, the Cambridge International Examinations announced on Monday.

Authorities cite security breach of examination papers as the reason behind the rescheduling of exams. This year, unofficial estimates say, 20,000 students across the country sat the exams of the two compulsory subjects
Cheers Image
Just curious if these students taking this exam can then claim a "BA (Cambridge Univ.)" degree on their resumes.

Ok, I did a bit of poking around and per wiki, it appears:
Pakistani private schools also operate a parallel secondary education system based on the curriculum set and administered by the Cambridge International Examinations.
Looks like the exam is not a degree exam though. A little more digging up shows that a CIE qualification is one requirement to getting admission in UK univs.
Cambridge International Examinations (formerly known as "University of Cambridge International Examinations",[1] CIE) is a provider of international qualifications offering examinations and qualifications in more than 160 countries. It is an examination board under Cambridge Assessment,[2] founded in 1858 as a department of the University of Cambridge.
CIE offers examinations and qualifications. Examinations are open to students at registered CIE centres.
CIE first developed the Cambridge IGCSE more than 20 years ago for an international student body. Cambridge provides a wide variety of subjects: for example, in addition to examinations in what might be regarded as core subjects, examinations are available in a number of first languages, additional mathematics, additional combined science and many other subjects. CIE qualifications are recognised for admission by UK universities (including Cambridge) as well as universities in the United States, Canada, European Union, Middle East, West Asia, New Zealand, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and around the world.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

ArmenT wrote:
Just curious if these students taking this exam can then claim a "BA (Cambridge Univ.)" degree on their resumes.

Ok, I did a bit of poking around and per wiki, it appears:
Pakistani private schools also operate a parallel secondary education system based on the curriculum set and administered by the Cambridge International Examinations.
Looks like the exam is not a degree exam though. A little more digging up shows that a CIE qualification is one requirement to getting admission in UK univs.
Cambridge International Examinations (formerly known as "University of Cambridge International Examinations",[1] CIE) is a provider of international qualifications offering examinations and qualifications in more than 160 countries. It is an examination board under Cambridge Assessment,[2] founded in 1858 as a department of the University of Cambridge.
CIE offers examinations and qualifications. Examinations are open to students at registered CIE centres.

CIE first developed the Cambridge IGCSE more than 20 years ago for an international student body. Cambridge provides a wide variety of subjects: for example, in addition to examinations in what might be regarded as core subjects, examinations are available in a number of first languages, additional mathematics, additional combined science and many other subjects. CIE qualifications are recognised for admission by UK universities (including Cambridge) as well as universities in the United States, Canada, European Union, Middle East, West Asia, New Zealand, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and around the world.
Armen T JI :

These are the Old "Senior Cambridge" which led to admission to Indian Colleges - some of the Indian Universities consider this Examination higher than the Matriculation and so on Passing Senior Cambridge students entered the Second Year in College. Other Indian Universities considered it to be Equal to the Matriculation Examination. Today this Examination is known as "O" Levels.

To enter Universities in the UK the student studies Two years more for the Advance Level and depending on the Grades gets in to a University for a Graduation Course. It is now commonly known as "A" Levels.

This Examinations are in no way Termed as a a "Degree" Examination.

Cheers Image
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

A quick lesson from recent history

It is always a good policy to take a quick look back at the immediate political history before embarking on a new democratic journey. The immediate five or 10 years do matter in any such consideration but to get a fair idea about what went wrong and what did not, it is always advisable to study the history spanning, at least, the last 25 years. There have been many events during this period that have played a significant role in determining the myriad and multifarious crises that we are now facing. But the one thing that decisively determined our current predicament was the decision of a resource-poor, dole-dependent Pakistan to wage two 10-year-long, low intensity wars, until forced in 2001, to abandon them by the events that followed the Twin Tower tragedy. Of these two wars, one we fought in Afghanistan on the side of Mullah Omar’s Taliban against Ahmed Shah Massoud’s Northern Alliance and the other, inside the Indian-held Kashmir against the Indian Army. Both these wars were being waged on our behalf by state-sponsored non-state actors.

What were we up to? Well, the US had just left the scene after the collapse of the Soviet Union and we saw in the emerging leadership vacuum in the region, an opportunity to translate into reality our long-cherished but misplaced desire of becoming a dominant player in our part of the world. And why not? To start with, only recently we had “defeated” a superpower. And the newly-independent Central Asian Muslim countries offered us a fair ground to expand our strategic influence. Meanwhile, India made our task easier by forcing us to bring out our basement bomb and put it on display to claim membership in the exclusive nuclear club. To test the waters, we had also provoked the Indians into exposing their offensive capabilities by challenging them in Kargil. The Indians did not retaliate because of our bomb but we seem to have lost forever our Kashmir case and the status of the most allied ally of the US as well, in the process.

Next, we removed the elected prime minister and then helped form the MMA — an impossible alliance of the religious parties, most of whom were not even on talking terms with one another. The idea was to install a Jamaat-e-Islami-led MMA government at the centre after the 2002 elections to make Pakistan’s hegemonic ambitions attractive enough, and therefore, acceptable to the elements leading a resurgent Muslim awakening in the Central Asian countries. Those who doubted the MMA’s ability to win enough seats to form government in Islamabad were persuaded to go along when they saw a Jamaat man winning the mayorship in the MQM-dominated Karachi.

One recalls vividly, the red carpet reception accorded to President Pervez Musharraf by the Jamaat workers on his return from the Agra talks as if he was coming back with Kashmir in his pocket. All that the Indians were asking in Agra was for us to talk about terrorism in Indian-held Kashmir in return for initiating talks on Kashmir. But we said no. Let us settle the Kashmir issue first and then alone, we said, we can consider talks on terrorism. But after 9/11, we found terrorism knocking on our own doors.

If only we had not wasted our resources on those two 10-year-long, low intensity wars; if only we had renounced terrorism when it was in our interest to do so and; if only we had not disbanded the commando company that the then prime minister had ordered raised under General (retd) Ziauddin Butt for mounting a clandestine operation to capture Osama bin Laden hiding in Afghanistan and hand him over to the US. Instead, the first thing Musharraf did after the takeover was to dissolve the commando company.

Cheers Image
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

A Greek tragedy is where all know the dismal outcome of one's actions but the protagonists are fated to carry them out.

Maybe it is the Greek genes Pakjabs are searching for. :rotfl:
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Only Greek Habit Paki got are that of now known as Peshawari Shaunks.
In Greek tragedy. at least the cause was the search of Truth Unlike Paki who live and die with lies.
Still very close to Antigone Complex with fixation on Sure,De Jure and De Facto fourfathers which we all know ended up with loss of mind and suicide.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Does anyone know what happened of the lawyer "Naeem Bukhari" who first fired the letter against the then CJI Chowdhary ?
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

MSA is right. Pakistani attitude towards India has changed in the very recent past. Last week they didn't train any terrorists. India should reciprocate.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Can't do a Maikhana in Paikhana

No takers for Pakistani Devdas

It's been two years since Pakistani producer and actor Nadeem Shah made his version of Devdas, starring Meera. However, the film is still lying in the cans after the Censor Board in Pakistan raised objections to certain scenes in the film and distributors refused to touch it thereafter.

According to the Karachi-based actor, the board asked him to axe some drinking scenes and other elements in the film that are against religious sentiments in Pakistan. Shah alleges that since he refused to carry out the changes, his film has failed to get released.
Distributors told me since the film is based on the Hindu culture they were not interested. Unfortunately, certain sections of the society in Pakistan have not evolved to become the right audience."
So what is the solution?
Right now Shah is in India to explore options to release his film in the country.
AoA
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

Peregrine wrote:
Mani Shankar Aiyar and his shenanigans
When Indians were donating money and jewellery - even sweaters - to sustain India's fight against the Chinese in 1962, Mani Shankar Aiyar, as secretary of the Cambridge unit of Communist party, was busy collecting funds for Chinese soldiers," Thackeray said, quoting Bhagat, on Saturday.

"Aiyar was then perceived as threat to national security and the police had a slew of files on him. However, the Aiyar family put to use its strong political connections and the then President of India intervened to clear the decks for Mani's entry into the IFS," Thackeray said.
Cheers Image
Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Indian(?) WKK brigade has set the bar really low for Pakistan. They have to be shouted down. They should not be allowed to hijack the real issue of Pakistan sponsored terrorism.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

Not sure what this RAPE means by Pakistani culture. Does he mean Sufi music was created on August 14th 1947? Or is he referring to 26/11 attacks? Full confusion onlee.
Rajdeep
BRFite

Post by Rajdeep »

ISI trying to revive Sikh militancy: Home minister : India today blamed Pakistan for trying to revive Sikh militancy and said youth are being trained in ISI facilities to carry out terror attacks in the country.

Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said there have been significant developments on the Sikh militancy front and its commanders based in Pakistan are under pressure from the ISI to further the Pakistani intelligence agency's terror plans not only in Punjab but also other parts of India.

"Sikh youth are being trained in ISI facilities in Pakistan. Interrogations have revealed use of jailed cadres, unemployed youth, criminals and smugglers by Pak-based Sikh terror groups for facilitating terror attacks," he said addressing the conference of Chief Ministers on internal security.
Rajdeep
BRFite

Post by Rajdeep »

Nawaz Sharif, Pakistan's Newly Elected Prime Minister, Calls For U.S. To End Drone Attacks In Tribal Areas
"This daily routine of drone attacks, this chapter shall now be closed," Sharif said to widespread applause in the parliament hall. "We do respect others' sovereignty :roll: . It is mandatory on others that they respect our sovereignty."
Over the last five years of the previous administration, power outages – some as long as 20 hours – have plagued the country. People suffer through sweltering summers, and in recent years gas shortages in the winter have left people unable to heat their houses.

Companies struggle to find a way to run businesses without a reliable source of electricity.
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

Everyone was charged up with MSA then take this new WKK

A FEW WORDS: Dr V P Vaidik’s talk on Pak-India relations —Dr Qaisar Rashid
Second, Dr Vaidik revealed to the audience that just before the Mumbai attacks in 2008, India was mulling over an idea of offering Pakistan an economic bailout package worth two billion dollars. The Mumbai attacks militated against that idea before it could be transformed into a peace initiative. This point shows that there is willingness in the political circles of India to improve bilateral ties with Pakistan by gestures that obviate the possibility of any war in the future. Mr Sharif can cash in on the same feelings, if these still exist, to buy electricity from India to alleviate Pakistan’s energy crisis immediately. This point attains more relevance if Pakistan faces problems in continuing with the gas pipeline project with Iran. However, if Pakistan can import energy from both Iran and India simultaneously, it may come out of the current energy crisis quicker than expected.
Third, Dr Vaidik made a point that Pakistan’s tilt towards western countries including the US would not have taken place if the former had not felt insecure in its initial years.
Fourth, Dr Vaidik acknowledged that in Afghanistan, India should respect Pakistan’s concerns because Pakistan was an important player in restoring peace and maintaining stability in Afghanistan
Seventh, Dr Vaidik tried to convince the audience that the people of India did not want to eliminate Pakistan, as India was not against the existence of Pakistan.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

From where do these people get speakers like Vaidik, a name I have never heard before ? They have begun to crawl out of the woodworks as our Nobel-peace prize expecting Prime Minister sees an opportunity with Nawaz Sharif. The real danger is that since our PM has very little time left before elections (even if held as per normal schedule), he may try to compress the peace process through concessions to Pakistan. MSA in the US, followed by this Vaidik joker in Lahore and God knows who else to follow all point to GoI-sponsored attempts to me.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Brad Goodman wrote:Everyone was charged up with MSA then take this new WKK

A FEW WORDS: Dr V P Vaidik’s talk on Pak-India relations —Dr Qaisar Rashid
Dr. Ved Pratap Vaidik
Dr. Vaidik is a well-known Scholar, Political Analyst, Orator and a Columnist on national and international affairs. Dr. Vaidik worked with Press Trust of India for a decade as the Founder-Editor of its Hindi News Agency “BHASHA”. Earlier he held the position of Editor (views), Nav Bharat Times – (the then largest circulated National Hindi daily). Currently, he is the Chairman, Council for Indian Foreign Policy and Bhartiya Bhasha Sammelan. More than two hundred newspapers carry his column regularly.

Born on the 30th December 1944, Dr. Vaidik has been throughout a first class student. He was awarded the degree of Ph.D. in International Affairs from Jawaharlal Nehru University in 1971. He knows Russian, Persian, English, Sanskrit, Hindi and several other Indian languages. He won several all India awards in debating and elocutionary contests.

While doing research on Afghan Foreign Policy, Vaidik studied at Columbia University,New York, School of Oriental and African Studies,London; Institute of the Peoples of Asia,Moscow and did extensive field work in Afghanistan. As an expert on international affairs and an Editor, Dr. Vaidik has had an opportunity to rub shoulders with Prime Ministers, Foreign ministers, dissidents and guerrilla leaders of several Asian and Western countries. He has been a member of the Indian Delegation to the UN in 1999. He also had the honor of inaugurating the Annual Conference on South Asia organized by Wisconsin University in 1999.

As a Ph.D. Student at Indian School of International Studies, Vaidik insisted on writing his thesis in his mother tongue , Hindi. It led to his expulsion from the School. The principled stand of Vaidik evoked nationwide response and the Indian Parliament went through unprecedented debates and uproarious scenes in 1966-67. Vaidik created history by winning the right for all Indian languages to be the medium of expression at the highest academic level.

He has been frequently appearing on Indian and Foreign television and broadcasting networks since 1962. Apart from the Indian Channels, Dr. Vaidik has been interviewed by BBC, CNN & CCTV. He is one of the most reputed mass orators in India. He has also been invited by several Indian and foreign universities to deliver special lectures on International Politics and Journalism.

Dr. Vaidik has taught Political Science at Motilal Nehru College, Delhi University. He has been a Senior Fellow at the Institute for Defense Studies and Analyses and at SIS Jawaharlal Nehru University. He has several award winning research publications to his credit. Books ; 1) Soviet-American Rivalry in Afghanistan; 2) Hindi Journalism : Various Dimensions ; 3) Indian Foreign Policy : New Pointers; 4) Bhartiya Bhashayen Lao : Kyon Aur Kaise; 5) Hindi ka Sampurna Samachar Patra Kaisa ho ?; 6)Vartmaan Bharat ; 7) Afghanistan : Kal, Aaj aur Kal ; 8 ) Mahshakti Bharat (All in Hindi) ; 9) Ethnic Crisis in Sri Lanka : India’s Options (In English).

Dr. Vaidik is a widely travelled scholar-journalist. He has visited more than 80 countries on various missions. Dr. Vaidik has won more than a dozen National and International awards for academic and journalistic excellence. He has been a member of several Advisory Committees of Government of India.
So when did he become WKK?

Foto Gallery
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

SSridhar wrote:
CRamS wrote:SSJi, I respectfully disagree. . . .
CRS, I am not in disagreement with you at all. It is for the first time I have (at least I have) seen MSA accepting some Pakistani guilt of sponsoring violence in India and an intractable hatred for us. Do not read anything beyond this simple statement of facts into what I said.
Indeed I did not, I was just pointing out that MSA is a corrupt coward.

On this new WKK, you are right, I've seem many such clowns. They just crop up and like Johnny come lately, they look at India & TSP as a newly arrived Brown sahibs, bestowing their "wisdom", which is mostly western scripted, the Uneven version, namely, sweeping the inherent evill that TSP is under the carpet, and looking at India as some kind of a social experiment, and doing an equal equal based on India's travails. And of course such monkeys get a lot of notoriety in western media followed of course in the slavish DDM.

But what worries me more is as you were speculating, whether there is any underhand spot fixing going on between MMS & his handlers in US/UK on bailing out TSP by selling India further down the Indus river.
Narad
BRFite

Post by Narad »

RajeshA wrote: So when did he become WKK?
The article was written by a paki. Vaidik Ji is a very renowned and prominent Indian journalist.

His views on BRD

Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Global warming : Pakistan may face a big drop in crop yields

FAISALABAD : Speakers at the ‘International Seminar on Climate Change’ expressed concern about the state of climate change in Pakistan, saying that unless it takes adaptive and mitigating measures, the country could face yield reduction in major crops from 7% to 45% in the next four decades. The three-day international seminar was organised by Agro Climatology Lab of the University of Agriculture Faisalabad (UAF).

Addressing the participants, chief guest Dr Qamarul Zaman Chaudhry urged the gathering to play pivotal role in mitigating the impact of climate change and be focused on taking adaptive measures. Professor Dr Gerrit Hoogenboom, agricultural model inter-comparison and improvement project resource person at the Washington State University, emphasised the need to translate climate forecast into decision support for agriculture.

“We see a high level of interest in weather and climate change, but this interest has to be developed locally,” he said noting recent trends. Research alone was not sufficient but participatory approach for co-learning and dissemination involving a wide range of talent and institutions will increase the benefit manifolds.

Participants unanimously agreed on the need for a coherent and integrated plan to address the issue.

Cheers Image
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

CRamS wrote:
But what worries me more is as you were speculating, whether there is any underhand spot fixing going on between MMS & his handlers in US/UK on bailing out TSP by selling India further down the Indus river.
Lot of wink wink arrangements may be going on. That is the risk Indians have taken by voting for the govt
member_22872
BRFite

Post by member_22872 »

ISI trying to revive Sikh militancy: Home minister : India today blamed Pakistan for trying to revive Sikh militancy and said youth are being trained in ISI facilities to carry out terror attacks in the country.
Why is that a news and need attention? it is just a localized event. Big deal, no idea why home minister even bothered to issue a statement.
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

^
Oh Shindeji is Pakistan's home minister, he was only giving a progress report to his bosses
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Pakistan’s narrative of impotence
DLP Poaqland Hoping To Stand

( yes, tell the positive story of rsistence to foreign invasion by taking Gubo Position, Converting and then becoming Inbreds)
Pakistan is a nation constantly on the brink of a nervous breakdown. Whether it’s a bomb blast in Boston or a hostage situation practically anywhere in the world, the first thought racing through our minds goes something like this: ‘Dear God, please don’t let this be another Pakistani doing something ridiculous that doesn’t represent me’. There is a palpable sense of fear that we have a knack for messing things up, for ourselves and for others. If we were to go into group therapy to treat our nervous breakdown, what treatment would psychologists recommend for a nation that believes it can do nothing right?The answer to that question is already weaved into the stories we tell others — and ourselves — about Pakistan. We tell our children that Pakistan was once considered an economic role model and Karachi was a city full of lights and life, before our incompetence led to squandering many opportunities to give Pakistan a better future. We tell our children that the British left us an extensive rail network and instead of building and expanding that network, we looted and plundered our own resources. We tell our children that Pakistan previously had an abundant supply of gas as a natural resource and today, we struggle to supply enough gas for the residents of our capital city to cook dinner. In other words, we tell our children an overpowering tale of Pakistan’s impotence. It’s no surprise then that when it comes to results, we receive exactly what we expect from Pakistan: an inability to deliver when and where it matters.This leads to a very revealing insight: the stories we tell ourselves about Pakistan don’t just define our past, they also shape our future. If we can change the existing narrative around Pakistan, we could influence our future in a meaningful way. Let’s begin this process by asking, beyond impotence, does Pakistan have a story worth telling?
Pakistan does have a gripping narrative beyond the tales of its monumental impotence, but it doesn’t have storytellers that can celebrate the country, without being branded as ‘apologists’. Yes, Pakistan’s problems are real and significant. But so are Pakistan’s achievements, which are overlooked by the country’s storytellers.The power of storytelling can be used to influence the destiny of a nation. By being more strategic about the stories we choose to tell about Pakistan, we can reimagine the future of the country. We can transform Pakistan’s story not by eliminating negative stories currently etched onto our national narrative but by introducing more positive stories to balance our national conversation. This will automatically transform the meaning of the negative stories currently populating our national narrative. Ultimately, how we interpret reality will matter more than reality itself.s a reality check, it’s important to note that post-modernist buzzwords like ‘storytelling’ and ‘positive thinking’ can’t solve Pakistan’s real problems by themselves. But they can significantly enhance our capacity to solve problems by empowering us with genuine confidence in our approach to challenges. In fact, Pakistan could turn its biggest weakness into a strength by using its crippling impotence as a starting point for a great turnaround story. After all, behind every great nation, there is always a great turnaround story.
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

Jhujar wrote:Pakistan’s narrative of impotence
DLP Poaqland Hoping To Stand
One liner description of Pakistan's Foreign Policy on most issues:
Ultimately, how we interpret reality will matter more than reality itself.
:mrgreen:
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Kiss Nay Billy Mari – Kiya Nahin Nay!

PM Sharif’s convoy stopped to let Army chief pass

ISLAMABAD : As Pakistan witnessed a historic democratic transition, many in the county have started to believe that the days of military supremacy are over. But not on the roads, at least not yet.

As Nawaz Sharif, along with his family, left for the Presidency to take oath as prime minister for a record third time on Wednesday, he struck reality on the streets of Islamabad.

The question is : who is the real power wielder in Pakistan? The prime minister or the Army chief? Theoretically, the army chief is answerable to a grade-22 civil bureaucrat. Practically, he is mightier than any elected or non-elected individual in the country.

One such demonstration of this reality was witnessed Wednesday soon after Mian Nawaz Sharif’s election as Prime Minister of Pakistan.

After securing more than two-thirds majority in the National Assembly, the premier reached Punjab House to freshen up.

The prime minister was supposed to reach the Presidency before 4:00 pm to take oath from President Asif Ali Zardari.

At the oath-taking ceremony, services chiefs, political leaders, diplomats and senior civil and military officials had been invited.

PML-N sources and eyewitnesses said first to come out of Punjab House was the SUV carrying first lady Kulsoom Nawaz and her daughter Mariam Safdar. Just behind them were the vehicles of Hamza Shahbaz and Hassan Nawaz.

The convoy of the prime minister was standing at close distance from the cars of his family members. As soon as they reached the outer barrier of Punjab House adjacent to Margallah Road, an alter commando blew the whistle with full force ordering the driver to stop the vehicle.

Consequently, the prime minister’s convoy had to stop as well. The pause remained for two to three minutes.

The commando was there to make sure nothing should obstruct the route of the Army chief’s convoy, only allowing vehicles from Punjab House to pass after the entire convoy of the army chief drove away.

Whether it was a mere coincidence could not be ascertained. None of the PML-N leaders was ready to comment on the incident. But the prime minister might have shared his thoughts with his closest aides.

Cheers Image
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

Bhutto's speech in the UN in 1971...just a perspective of what left wing nationalism in Pakistan is like....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLSR9rWiBiU

no reason to think it is better than the right wing Islamism seen these days. PPP was/is equally culpable and Islam pasand organization.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Sorry, unable resist!

Building on ties : New premier indicates plan to link Gwadar with China

The successful implementation of the Gwadar-Khunjerab-Kashgar rail network will help China secure oil supply and commercial routes on the Indian Ocean and provide a major boost to Pakistan’s sinking economy.

Cheers Image