Out-of-India - From Theory to Truth

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Klaus
BRF Oldie

Re: Out-of-India - From Theory to Truth

Post by Klaus »

^^^ There seem to be other candidates such as Wolf 359, Ross 248 and Gliese 445.

An improvement to the parallax method of distance measurement is in order, since it does not work too well in the case of binary systems.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Not out of India but coming close ,close close

Discovery of oldest primate skeleton, ancestor of humans and apes
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/ ... 053113.php
Grenoble, 5 June 2013: An international team of researchers has announced the discovery of the world's oldest known fossil primate skeleton representing a previously unknown genus and species named Archicebus achilles. The fossil was unearthed from an ancient lake bed in central China's Hubei Province, near the course of the modern Yangtze River. In addition to being the oldest known example of an early primate skeleton, the new fossil is crucial in elucidating a pivotal event in primate and human evolution—the evolutionary divergence that led to modern monkeys, apes and humans (collectively known as anthropoids) on one branch, and to living tarsiers on the other. The scientific paper describing the discovery is published today in the prestigious journal Nature.
The fossil was recovered from sedimentary rock strata that were deposited in an ancient lake roughly 55 million years ago, during the early part of the Eocene Epoch. This was an interval of global "greenhouse" conditions, when much of the world was shrouded in tropical rainforests and palm trees grew as far north as Alaska. Like most other fossils recovered from ancient lake strata, the skeleton of Archicebus was found by splitting apart the thin layers of rock containing the fossil. As a result, the skeleton of Archicebus is now preserved in two complementary pieces called a "part" and a "counterpart," each of which contain elements of the actual skeleton as well as impressions of bones from the other side.The international team of scientists who studied the skeleton of Archicebus was led by Dr. Xijun Ni of the Institute of Vertebrate Paleontology and Paleoanthropology (IVPP) at the Chinese Academy of Sciences in Beijing. .According to Dr. Ni, "Archicebus marks the first time that we have a reasonably complete picture of a primate close to the divergence between tarsiers and anthropoids. It represents a big step forward in our efforts to chart the course of the earliest phases of primate and human evolution.""Archicebus differs radically from any other primate, living or fossil, known to science. It looks like an odd hybrid with the feet of a small monkey, the arms, legs and teeth of a very primitive primate, and a primitive skull bearing surprisingly small eyes. It will force us to rewrite how the anthropoid lineage evolved." says Dr. Christopher Beard, whose earlier work on Eosimias and other fossil primates from China and Myanmar has placed Asia at the centre of early primate evolution.
Nilesh Oak
BRFite

Post by Nilesh Oak »

RajeshA wrote:Nilesh Oak ji,
after reading and watching, I have come to think that there is a good case for Surya to be in a binary star orbit. One argument they make is that if the precession were to be explained by the Earth's wobbling, then that would have an effect on the seasons, which it doesn't.
That is indeed a good point. I have to think through it. I wonder what explanation/defense is offered by those who are from Luni-solar school. Apparently they have formulae (approximate) to estimate this time period and I wonder how they arrive at 24K -26K year cycle using Luni-solar perturbation ...for precession cycle.

------------
In the youtube video,@33:45 and or 34:20 min, narrators states that there are references to TWO Suns in ancient literature. Too bad he does not mention them. Then he states that Indian ancient knowledge assumed two suns, as a matter of fact, but only quotes Shri Yukteshwar as evidence.
-----------------
What I am quoting below is only an analogy (and thus to be taken with grain of salt).. however it refers to "TWO SUNS AT THE END OF THE WORLD'.

I indeed quoted it in my book (in the context of Bhima-Duryodhana yuddha.. this is where it appears).. page 149, Error Elimination- Experiment 72. I produced that portion (translation) of MBH text line...

Shalya (CE 54:30-32, GP 55:35, 37)

"The two warriors, Bhima and Duryodhana, were unstoppable similar to the turbulent oceans at the end of the world. They were torturing each other similar to two Mars (this could be referring to two read bodies.. angarakau). Both of them were shining similar to the two Suns at the end of the world"
Nilesh Oak
BRFite

Post by Nilesh Oak »

Walter Cruttenden refers in his paper to a book 'The Holy Science' By Yukteshwar, published in 1894. Does anyone happen to have PDF copy of it? I check archive.org. It is not there.

TIA
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Nilesh Oak wrote:Walter Cruttenden refers in his paper to a book 'The Holy Science' By Yukteshwar, published in 1894. Does anyone happen to have PDF copy of it? I check archive.org. It is not there.

TIA
Sri Yukteswar: The Holy Science
Nilesh Oak
BRFite

Post by Nilesh Oak »

Murugan wrote:Aryabhat refer to Kaliyug in Aryabhatiyam III, 10

सष्टयब्दानाम सष्टिर्यदा व्यतितास्त्रय्श्च युग पादा: |
त्र्यधिका विशतिरब्दा: तदेह मम जन्मनो अतीता : ||

"When sixty times sixty years (3600 years) and three quarters of the yuga have elapsed (i.e.in the running kaliyug), twenty three years have then passed since my birth."

Aryabhat was born on 21 March 476 AD. Incidentally our Indian astronomers have taken the beginning of the present kaliyug as falling at the midnight between 17th and 18th February 3102 BC in the midnight (ardhratrika system) and at the mean sunrise on February 18, 3102 BC in the sunrise (audayika system)

- Indian Mathematics & Astronomy, Some Landmarks, Dr S Balachandra Rao
Murugan ji,

Pullling old quote of yours, in the context of Bipolar theory which in turn was interpreted in the context of Yugas.
----------
My question: Do we have independent evidence for timing of Aryabhatta birth as 476 CE (AD)?,
or
rather it is deduced from his statement you quote above..i.e. 3600 years and that he was 23 year old at that time?

My point is second option by itself will not yield us the date of ARyabhatta, in the absence of additional assumption for the beginning of Kaliyuga.
Nilesh Oak
BRFite

Post by Nilesh Oak »

Virendra Ji, RajeshA ji,

Thank you.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Nilesh Oak wrote:
Murugan wrote:Aryabhat refer to Kaliyug in Aryabhatiyam III, 10

सष्टयब्दानाम सष्टिर्यदा व्यतितास्त्रय्श्च युग पादा: |
त्र्यधिका विशतिरब्दा: तदेह मम जन्मनो अतीता : ||

"When sixty times sixty years (3600 years) and three quarters of the yuga have elapsed (i.e.in the running kaliyug), twenty three years have then passed since my birth."

Aryabhat was born on 21 March 476 AD. Incidentally our Indian astronomers have taken the beginning of the present kaliyug as falling at the midnight between 17th and 18th February 3102 BC in the midnight (ardhratrika system) and at the mean sunrise on February 18, 3102 BC in the sunrise (audayika system)

- Indian Mathematics & Astronomy, Some Landmarks, Dr S Balachandra Rao
Murugan ji,

Pullling old quote of yours, in the context of Bipolar theory which in turn was interpreted in the context of Yugas.
----------
My question: Do we have independent evidence for timing of Aryabhatta birth as 476 CE (AD)?,
or
rather it is deduced from his statement you quote above..i.e. 3600 years and that he was 23 year old at that time?

My point is second option by itself will not yield us the date of ARyabhatta, in the absence of additional assumption for the beginning of Kaliyuga.
Nilesh Oak ji,

on the dating of Āryabhaṭa. His date of birth could be 2765 BCE.

Search: Āryabhaṭa

Secondly a blogger by the name of Capt. Ajit Vadakayil wrote in one HELIOCENTRICITY VERSUS GEOCENTRICITY
Aryabhatta of 2700 BC, from my hometown of Calicut was the first to propound the HELIOCENTRIC model of the cosmos, the Siderial day length, and that the earth rotates on its own axis, all the while moving in space -- in writing.
Virendra
BRFite

Post by Virendra »

Nilesh Oak wrote:Murugan ji,

----------
or

About Aryabhatta and Kaliyuga, following is what Bibhu Dev Misra replied to me when I quoted a paragraph from Kaushal's (?) website :
Conversation is from - http://bibhudev.blogspot.in/2012/07/end ... 7764054164
...It is certainly possible that Aryabhatta lived earlier than 500 CE. However, we must also remember that the 3102 BC date for the beginning of the Kali Yuga is primarily based on the assumption that Aryabhatta composed Aryabhatiya in 499 CE. If this is not correct we do not have any specific artifact which gives the Kali Yuga date. The Aihole inscription of king Pulakesin gives a relation between the Kali Era and Saka Era, but the beginning of the Saka Era (78 CE)is itself deduced based on the assumption that Kali Yuga started in 3102 BC. Given this situation we can only say that Aryabhatta was born in 337 Kali Era, but cannot state the exact date in the Gregorian calendar.
Having said this, I have some more questions. The author states that the "authentic manuscripts" mention "shadbhi" and not "shasti". Where is the evidence? We need to see a photocopy of the so-called authentic manuscript. It is difficult to see how such an important piece of information, which has been used for dating the Kali Yuga, could have been translated in error.
We also have some evidence that Aryabhatta was born in Tarenga, Bihar and had moved to Kusumpura (Pataliputa i.e. Patna) later in life, where he became the head of an institution. Now there is no archaeological evidence of any urban settlement in the gangetic plains before 700 BC. In 2765 BC the focal point of the Indian culture was the Indus Valley civilization. Therefore, unless Kusumpura is a reference to an IVC city (which is unlikely, and unprecedented) the argument does not hold.
On the whole, I am not convinced by the argument that Aryabhatta was born in 2765 BC. It is not impossible, but the argument is very thin, and not backed up by any valid verifiable evidence.
Best, Bibhu ....
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Nilesh, So if Arybhatta is (337KE) then what does it make with respect to EOA?
Nilesh Oak
BRFite

Post by Nilesh Oak »

ramana wrote:Nilesh, So if Arybhatta is (337KE) then what does it make with respect to EOA?
2765 BCE is indeed based on 3102 BCE (0 KE) + 337 KE = 2765 BCE
------------
If one takes statement of Bhagavat Purana (Krishna left the planet and Kaliyuga began)

then per MBH text references including EOA... 5525 BCE (Krishna Nirvana) + 337 KE =5188 BCE :rotfl:
(There is good reason why statement of Bhagavata can not and should not be taken literally! I have commented elsewhere on this thread)

------------------
Lokmanya Bal Gangadhar Tilak has mentioned elsewhere (speculated) what error was made by Aryabhatta. (in one of this editorials .. in Kesari - Marathi daily in his days). I will have to find it and translate it. will do it soon.

--------------
Based on what I have read so far, it appears to be that ....Aryabhatta details rest on circular evidence such as A's house is in front of B's house....and (where is B'shouse?) well, B's house is in front of A's house!!!

--------
Check out few papers by K Chandra Hari, on dating of Arybhatta. Again, the evidence is corroborative in nature, so still shares some of the same limitations... still a good work. (If I find them.. I will email you).
---------------
Added later...

Tilak states that ..

(1) Aryabhatta realized (or assumed) that 'Ayanamsha' (Longitude? corresponding to point of Spring equinox) was zero in his time).

(2) He (Aryabhatta) assumed (interpreted or literally took) statement of Surya-Siddhanta that Ayanamahs complete one round in 3600 years (someone expert in Surya-siddhanta may quote specific reference).

(3) and that Ayanamsha was zero at the time of beginning of Kaliyuga (2nd or third assumption----ALL THE FUN!

Tilak states Aryabhatta was around Shaka (not CE) 421 and thus subtracting 3600-421 = 3179 Shaka ~ 3102 BCE?, he used 3102 BCE as basis for beginning of Kaliyuga (and in Tilak's words... confused future generations).

(The story of estimation of Kaliyuga begins...in fact... not with Aryabhatta....but with Gargya who made another confusion of 'Saptarshi ganana' (cycle of 2700 years) which was prevalent (per Tilak) at the time of Aryabhatta. However, Aryabhatta realized that "saptarshi going through each nakshatra - 27 of them-is simply not possible -astronomically.. and that is when he began looking for some other basis to estimate beginning of Kaliyuga)
----------
Purely for joy of speculation then....

If we take logic of 3600 years of Aryabhatta from his time going backwards .. (but also coming forward from EOA - 5525 BCE (Krishna Nirvana),
It will take us to

Aryabhatta's time (or his reference in Aryabhatia...) 5525 BCE + 3600 - 23 = 1948 BCE would be birth of Arybhatta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
I am confident that if we are not careful, 1948 BCE would show up as another legitimate date for timing of Aryabhatta on the BLOG, somewhere. :lol:
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

The Handshake

Continuing from "Sanskrit Subhashitani, Sanskrit Nukkad" Thread
Agnimitra wrote:Custom of the Handshake in ancient India - not just a western practice.

Verse from Ramayana Kishkinda Kanda Sarga 5 Sloka 12 Sugriva speaks to Rama.

रोचते यदि वा सख्यं बाहुरेष प्रसरितः ।
गृह्यतां पाणिना पाणि: मर्यादा बध्यतां ध्रुवा ॥

If you like my friendship I am extending this arm.
Hold my hand with your hand and let us enter into a firm agreement.
Agnimitra ji,

the handshake seems to be a development as part of the Mitra cult. There are multiple bas reliefs from Persia which attest to this.

Figure: Marduk-zakir-shumi of Babylon 703BC (right) and Shalmaneser III (left) enact a peace pact by shaking their right hands.

A blog post on Mithras

I am sure that Suppiluliuma and Shattiwaza, or Satya-jâta, concluded the Hittite-Mittani Treaty ca. 1380 BC, also with a solid handshake!

Quoting Wikipedia on the Vedic deity Mitrá
The Indo-Iranian word *mitra-m means "covenant, contract, oath, or treaty", and only later on, "friend" (retaining the original neuter gender, mitram). The second sense tends to be emphasized in later sources, the first sense in the Veda and in Iranian. The word is derived from a root mi- "to fix, to bind" (Indo-European *Hmei), with the "tool suffix" -tra- (compare man-tra-), a contract is thus described as a "means of binding."
The handshake is simply a symbolic means of binding: the symbol of Mitrá.

Of course, Western anthropologists say
The handshake is thought by some to have originated as a gesture of peace by demonstrating that the hand holds no weapon.
Some other anthropologist who wanted to negate this theory then had to invent the handshake electric buzzer

The latest instance of this Vedic Mitrá ritual was on the evening of 5th April 2063, when Zefram Cochrane greeted the first Vulcan to land on earth in Bozeman, Montana with a handshake. :wink:

So how many times is this Vedic Mitrá ritual carried out every day in the world? :)
Murugan
BRF Oldie

Post by Murugan »

Reading Dante
about seven deadly sins

Septema Peccata Mortalia
Sapta Pataka(!!) (maha)

How much latin is influenced by samskrit
Last edited by Murugan on 07 Jun 2013 21:15, edited 1 time in total.
Nilesh Oak
BRFite

Post by Nilesh Oak »

RajeshA,

Mitra= Surya, Rama was Suryavamshi (solar dynasty). When he makes a pact with Sugriva, he uses the handshake. So the custom is as old (and in fact older) than timing of Ramayana.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Nilesh Oak ji,

so it seems! The Vanaras were knowledgeable about the Vedas, as Rama learned when he met Hanuman for the first time. So the Vanaras were well aware of Mitrá and the customs of offering the hand as a mark of trust and binding.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

RajeshA, The above quotes on handshake are from Valmiki Ramayana?

So when and why did 'namaste' take over?

Also if Mitra=Surya then the Mittani, pre-Christian Romans etc were all unknowing Hindus.
Nilesh Oak
BRFite

Post by Nilesh Oak »

RajeshA wrote:Nilesh Oak ji,

so it seems! The Vanaras were knowledgeable about the Vedas, as Rama learned when he met Hanuman for the first time. So the Vanaras were well aware of Mitrá and the customs of offering the hand as a mark of trust and binding.
Rama, himself a knower of Rig, Sam, Yajur vedas, have given that certificate to Hanuman. Rama also states, that unless someone has great understanding of grammar, no one could talk like Hanuman.

When Hanuman was in Lanka and found Sita, he deliberated if he should talk with Sita in Sanskrit or 'Videhi/Kosala" dialect. He chose latter......and the reason is interesting.. otherwise he worried that Sita may think he (Hanuman) is Ravana with a modified form (mask of Vanara).

------------
Vanara is to be understood as Va-nara. I know there are many ways this word is been interpreted. In any case, Ramayana descriptions leave no doubt, that not only Vanara, but Gridha (jatayu, Sampati) and few others - Riksha (bears) were different groups of Human populations of India.

----------------
Reference to 'tail' of Vanara usually comes when they are fighting, on mission, wrestling, in their formal geal, during War etc. Not when they are casually chatting. NO references to 'tail' in case of female Va-nara such as Tara, Ruma, etc.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Nilesh Oak ji,

Vanara can simply mean Van-Nara, i.e. men living in the forest.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Mhara Claim Is Older than Older ,Deepr Than Deeper and Taller Than Taller: These terrirtories Belong To Arya Bhartaputras Only
What is Gondwana?
Gondwana was an ancient supercontinent that broke up about 180 million years ago. The continent eventually split into landmasses we recognize today: Africa, South America, Australia, Antarctica, the Indian subcontinent and the Arabian Peninsula.The familiar continents of today are really only a temporary arrangement in a long history of continental movement. Landmasses on Earth are in a constant state of slow motion, and have, at multiple times, come together as one. These all-in-one supercontinents include Columbia (also known as Nuna), Rodinia, Pannotia and Pangaea (or Pangea).
Gondwana was half of the Pangaea supercontinent, along with a northern supercontinent known as Laurasia. :wink:
(This Bhasha Bhole supercontinenet was India Only)

The creation of Gondwana
Gondwana's final formation occurred about 500 million years ago, during the late Ediacaran Period. By this time, multicellular organisms had evolved, but they were primitive: The few fossils left from this period reveal segmented worms, frond-like organisms and round creatures shaped like modern jellyfish.
In this world, Gondwana conducted its slow grind to supercontinent status. Bits and pieces of the future supercontinent collided over millennia, bringing together what are now Africa, India, Madagascar, Australia and Antarctica. This early version of Gondwana joined with the other landmasses on Earth to form the single supercontinent Pangaea by about 300 million years ago. About 280 million to 230 million years ago, Pangaea started to split. Magma from below the Earth's crust began pushing upward, creating a fissure between what would become Africa, South America and North America.As part of this process, Pangaea cracked into a northernmost and southernmost supercontinent. The northern landmass, Laurasia, would drift north and gradually split into Europe, Asia and North America.The southern landmass, still carrying all those bits and pieces of the future southern hemisphere, headed southward after the split. This supercontinent was Gondwana.
Gondwana's breakup
During Gondwana's stint as the southerly supercontinent, the planet was much warmer than it was today — there was no Antarctic ice sheet, and dinosaurs still roamed the Earth. By this time, it was the Jurassic Period, and much of Gondwana was covered with lush rainforest.The great supercontinent was still under strain, however. Between about 170 million and 180 million years ago, Gondwana began its own split, with Africa and South America breaking apart from the other half of Gondwana. About 140 million years ago, South America and Africa split, opening up the South Atlantic Ocean between them. Meanwhile, on the eastern half of the once-supercontinent, Madagascar made a break from India and both moved away from Australia and Antarctica. Australia and Antarctica clung together longer; in fact, Antarctica and Australia didn't make their final split until about 45 million years ago. At that point, Antarctica started to freeze over as Earth's climate cooled, while Australia drifted northward. (Today, the Australian continent still moves north at a rate of about 1.2 inches (3 centimeters) a year.)
Gondwana theory
The exact mechanisms behind Gondwana's split are still unknown. Some theorists believe that "hot spots," where magma is very close to the surface, bubbled up and rifted the supercontinent apart. In 2008, however, University of London researchers suggested that Gondwana instead split into two tectonic plates, which then broke apart.The existence of Gondwana was first hypothesized in the mid-1800s by Eduard Suess, a Viennese geologist who dubbed the theoretical continent "Gondwanaland." Suess was tipped off by similar fern fossils found in South America, India and Africa (the same fossils would later be found in Antarctica). At the time, plate tectonics weren't understood, so Suess didn't realize that all of these continents had once been in different locations. Instead, he developed a theory of sea level rise and regression over time that would have linked together the southern hemisphere continents with land bridges.Suess got the name Gondwanaland from the Gondwana region of central India, where geological formations match those of similar ages in the southern hemisphere.
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

Lost city of Mahendraparvata discovered in Cambodian jungles
A lost city that thrived on a mist-shrouded Cambodian mountain 1,200 years ago has been discovered by archaeologists using airborne laser technology, the Sydney Morning Herald reported on Saturday in a world exclusive.

Over two dozen temple sites have been discovered on the site, which is thought to have been built around 802 AD when the Angor Empire was founded.

It is believed to be the lost city of Mahendraparvata, located on a misty mountain called Phnom Kulen deep in the hinterland of Cambodia. It was thought to be built 350 years before the famed Angor Wat. A journalist and photographer from the newspaper accompanied the expedition, led by a French-born archaeologist, through the landmine-strewn jungle in the Siem Reap region where Angkor Wat is located.
Virendra
BRFite

Post by Virendra »

There is a 'History and Archeology' thread for archeological news
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... &start=240
Murugan
BRF Oldie

Post by Murugan »

arindam
BRFite -Trainee

Post by arindam »

Not sure where to post, but isn't the similarity a bit uncanny?

A character from Malayalum folklore.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naranath_Bhranthan
The most famous facet of Naranath Branthan's life is his apparently eccentric habit of rolling big stones up the hill and letting them roll down back, and laughing thunderously on seeing this sight
and

From Greek mythology

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sisyphus
punished for chronic deceitfulness by being compelled to roll an immense boulder up a hill, only to watch it roll back down, and to repeat this action forever
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Murugan wrote:Reading Dante
about seven deadly sins

Septema Peccata Mortalia
Sapta Pataka(!!) (maha)

How much latin is influenced by samskrit
Mortalia would be mrutyu same as deadly
Virendra
BRFite

Post by Virendra »

'Mani-gamanam suchi-abhisarpanam-adrishta karanam'
When the magnet moves, the suchi also moves; this is due to invisible cause.
~ Vaisheshika Sutra 5.1.15, from 6th century B.C.E.

The word 'suchaka' i.e. indicator is derived from 'suchi' i.e. needle. That means? .. :)
Nilesh Oak
BRFite

Post by Nilesh Oak »

Virendra wrote:'Mani-gamanam suchi-abhisarpanam-adrishta karanam'
When the magnet moves, the suchi also moves; this is due to invisible cause.
~ Vaisheshika Sutra 5.1.15, from 6th century B.C.E.

The word 'suchaka' i.e. indicator is derived from 'suchi' i.e. needle. That means? .. :)
Virendra ji,

Do you have entire Vaisheshika Sutra? Archive.org?
Virendra
BRFite

Post by Virendra »

No I don't. I will try to find though. It is also known as Kanada Sutra from the author's name.
This verse was from the presentation PPT of Dr. Premendra Priyadarshi.
Virendra
BRFite

Post by Virendra »

Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Friends need guidance which thread this link is appropriate for:

http://ancientvoice.wikidot.com/article ... am-2#toc14
Klaus
BRF Oldie

Post by Klaus »

Manish_Sharma ji, link belongs here as there are videos of Graham Hancock elucidating on the same. While I think this link is a more accurate description of the "Kumari-Kandam" concept, I used to differ with exaggerations in earlier blogs, which labeled it as a sunken continent and claimed that it stretched all the way to Madagascar and Oz coast.

Even marine archaeology has gone some way in corroborating this sunken coastal strip which could have been 150 km across at some places (specially the Laccadive chain and Maldives area). In fact we are seeing the continuation of the same sea level rise threatening Maldives in the modern time.
Nilesh Oak
BRFite

Post by Nilesh Oak »

Klaus wrote:Manish_Sharma ji, link belongs here as there are videos of Graham Hancock elucidating on the same. While I think this link is a more accurate description of the "Kumari-Kandam" concept, I used to differ with exaggerations in earlier blogs, which labeled it as a sunken continent and claimed that it stretched all the way to Madagascar and Oz coast.

Even marine archaeology has gone some way in corroborating this sunken coastal strip which could have been 150 km across at some places (specially the Laccadive chain and Maldives area). In fact we are seeing the continuation of the same sea level rise threatening Maldives in the modern time.
Manish Sharma ji,

Thank you. Good resource. Your suggested link also has few precious nuggets that may be useful to my work on Ramayana in the short term, and for my work on ancient Indian history (in general) in the long term.

As Kalus ji said, IMO, the link belongs here. You may see in previous posts some sea level rise maps/timing posted by me and others. They all have relevance for Kumari Kandam, Dwarka, migration Out of India, but also plausible (migration or repatriation) from south eastern Asia to Indian continent.

Thanks again.

I plan to put some of this work in perspective.. after my Ramayana project.

All in good time.....
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

Sorry if this was posted earlier:

THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE MAORI AND SANSKRIT LANGUAGES
The writer believes that Maori and other Polynesian languages have developed from Sanskrit, an ancient Indian language.
Nilesh Oak
BRFite

Post by Nilesh Oak »

Agnimitra wrote:Sorry if this was posted earlier:

THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE MAORI AND SANSKRIT LANGUAGES
The writer believes that Maori and other Polynesian languages have developed from Sanskrit, an ancient Indian language.
My friend Uschi Ringleb (and Sue Sullivan) is working on Polynesian and Sanskrit connection for a while now, and with great success. She is artist by profession. She has great love for the world and humanity and India.

May be Shiv ji can take on that task after he has completed his 'Foolishness of AIT and foolish justification of AIT via linguistics' project.

I know Uschi is actively working on it, although that remains one of her many endeavors.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

RajeshA ji,
I tried pinging you on personal message without luck. May I know your contact info? Probably my days are numbered here, so a quick response is highly appreciated. Needed your permission on something.
Thanks,
fanne
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

fanne ji,

I am available on twitter @RajeshABRF. And whatever it may be, you don't need it but you've of course my permission.
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

RajeshA ji you've been missed here.
member_24042
BRFite

Post by member_24042 »

If OIT is true please explain why the Indo-European languages (supposedly originating in North India) reached all the way to Ireland but could not even penetrate past the Vindhyas. When looking at history, an objective view is required free of nationalism and chauvinism. Just my 2 paisa.
member_23700
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_23700 »

TonySoprano wrote:If OIT is true please explain why the Indo-European languages (supposedly originating in North India) reached all the way to Ireland but could not even penetrate past the Vindhyas. When looking at history, an objective view is required free of nationalism and chauvinism. Just my 2 paisa.
Good question.

Do your homework first, i.e. read ~190 pages of this very thread. Also, you may pose alternate theory. This is very critical, because any scientific discussion is between two (or more) competing theories.

Welcome to BRF and to OIT thread.