Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by abhijitm »

ABV is already gone. Now LKA is about to go. I am now waiting for Jaswant Singh to go. Then BJP will be truly cleaned.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Chandragupta wrote:Lost all respect for the man. Good riddance. Hopefully, he will not pull himself lower by throwing mud at NaMo for 2002 etc.
A link to the resignation letter is here as well. I personally feel that LKA was edged on (by whom??) to make such silly moves. If BJP is serious they should have some idea on who LKA and others have advisors.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

abhijitm wrote:ABV is already gone. Now LKA is about to go. I am now waiting for Jaswant Singh to go. Then BJP will be truly cleaned.
Cleaning BJP is not enough. NDA has to be cleaned. Which means cleaning some of the ills infesting Hindu society in short-term.

Indian version of Secularism, is one of them which needs to be cleaned on priority.

JDU has stated that they will have to "rethink" about their place in NDA. :)

Which means, as Sanku ji said, they will either fall in line after throwing some tantrums OR join the charge of light brigade headed by Advani ji..
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Very bad on LKA part. But his will be tragic story of the fall. He was never accused of anything corrupt etc in entire political life and resigned when Jain hawala was created. Most of the current BJP leadership was broght up and guided by him for decades. Yet there is a time for people to step aside and allow others to take over. The remark that " this is not the same idealist party" is really a very low blow. If it is so why primary membership and NDA chairmanship. He want to keep that to back stab Modi and BJP when time comes.
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

He is now counting, as the NDA chairman, on JDU and SS to steer his jarring ship to glory. Will not happen. People around me are cursing him, abusing him. Never thought such a day will come for LKA. What a fall from grace!

Imagine how enraged the BJP cadre will be. They will never forget this.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Wondering when will our thatha follow suit
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I will be pleased if JDS and other sikular all-lies choose their side openly now and join the UPA.

a smaller tighter and combative BJP is what the country needs, not another faltering coalition which the UPA will slice n dice at leisure using B- and C-teams.
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

Cadres may be enraged both ways. Quite a few may turn against Modi to bring back the old order. Irony is these same people were putting party above people. And frankly this will be the legacy of the man. One way Atri-ji is right. When the tide goes down, people will get to see who is swimming naked. 2019 will be a realistic target
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

2017, saravana ji..
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

Nobody, NOBODY, in the rank & file will dump NaMo for the old order. Everyone by now knows that the old order, if not in cahoots with Maino, is very docile & lacks the raw aggression & urgency that NaMo brings. This is an ideology based party, not a family or person based party. Whoever enthuses the cadre through resurgent ideology, WINS.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

BJP have wasted last 10 years under the old leadership. They need to unite and consolidate ALL hindu segments. BJP still viewed as hindu upper class party. Majority of Hindus are so called 'backward castes'. Hardly anything was done in last decade to unite Hindus where many sundry parties got the benefits. It is not the muslim votes which is a decider in Indian politics. It is this section who swing the balance.
Last edited by abhijitm on 10 Jun 2013 15:58, edited 1 time in total.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

^^^

But the question remains, is India as a nation ready to embrace an ideology based party. Or are we destined to be ruled by the Sikular cabal called the UPA.

Also, the urbane India may be chomping at the bit for economis growth. But will the rural India also be looking at economic growth. Or will they be content with the economic and social dole of the UPA. Hoping that the good times will go on.

After all, when my belly is kept full by the state. Why should I vote out the bunch that has given me food.
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

Pagalika Ghose is having orgasms on the tv. :lol:
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

Pretty idiotic and petty minded by the Advani...he seems to have really gone senile.

And to think, I was expecting at least BJP senior leadership to rise above their own differences in the interest of the nation.
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

Atri wrote:2017, saravana ji..
Atri-ji it will take me a couple of more pages to realise the significance of the date if you are not explaining :-)
member_23629
BRFite

Post by member_23629 »

Hari Seldon wrote:Very keen on hearing sri sanku's take on this white swan event....

BTW, interesting to know that hge hasn't retired from politics, no sir. He's kept his LS seat (else woh Gandhinagar bypolls also BJP will easily win) and has kept the NDA chairmanship to create downstream khujli and nuisance value alive... Don;t count out the old goat just yet... thi is just the beginning of negotiations via leaked letters. Tomorrow we'll also see leaked auction bids of party posts for campies...
Advani is suffering from the Nehru syndrome -- keep sitting on the throne till death comes; never make space for anyone else as long as you are alive.
ashashi
BRFite

Post by ashashi »

NDTV Ticker....

If Advani quits, he won't leave alone: RSS leader MG Vaidya
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

It is the RSS's toughest test after emergency. I hate to say this, but that is the need of the hour: If it can prove support to a backward caste individual who is fighting the entrenched predominantly upper class + upper caste leadership, it will signal a strong message about its ability to incorporate individuals from all backgrounds without any glass ceilings. Pu.MB was on record to say that RSS will not back down from appointing even a Dalit Sarsanghchalak, but it will not do it as a tokenism. It will be done only as and when the right individual rises (and many such individuals are present in the pipeline already).
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

Rumour on twitter : Modi offered to resign his new post. TIFWIW onlee
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

If Modi gives in to the black mail. Then it will be like robbing the cradle to fill up a grave yard. Most foolish IMO.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

saravana wrote:
Atri wrote:2017, saravana ji..
Atri-ji it will take me a couple of more pages to realise the significance of the date if you are not explaining :-)
nothing significant saar. i have said it before only.. it will be unstable third front in 2014.. 1996 like scenario with BJP at 160/170 odd seats under NM as main opposition leader after mess is cleared and lot of bad-blood and bad-press haunts BJP and NM (this is nothing new for NM, so I am cool on that front. He will handle it nicely). Sekular people will come together to keep communaal phorces out of power supported from outside by khangress and commies forming a third front government..

the PM (perhaps mulla mulayam or someone else as obscure as devegauda OR gujaral, although I wish RG were the PM) will do something spectacularly stupid at the backdrop of faltering global economy and rising terror in India post american withdrawal from AFG. Something similar to gujaral doctrine which screwed RAW severely compromising their ability of covert ops in TSP resulting in India not knowing about kargil until it happened, might be implemented under pretext of aman ki asha, goodwill gesture or what not.

imagine PRC doing a kargil on India thereafter. The point is, will India under the subsequent BJP-led govt have resources and balls to throw out PRC from aksai chin OR tawang?
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

saravana wrote:Rumour on twitter : Modi offered to resign his new post. TIFWIW onlee
Nah not a friggin chance. Modi is not a Sun Tuz
Sri
BRFite

Post by Sri »

After reading the reactions, I think LK did the right thing by quitting. But his resignation letter was designed to hurt BJP where it hurts more. 'If you do not decide to go my way, then I quit. Is it I or NM... choose?'. Does he think the if NM is removed then NM will remain in the party?
member_23629
BRFite

Post by member_23629 »

^^^ The current multi-party democracy system is crap -- no other country in the world follows it. Either have a two-party democracy or presidential system. If a person like Modi finds it impossible to rise in the current system, it should be thrown in the bin.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

saravana wrote:Rumour on twitter : Modi offered to resign his new post. TIFWIW onlee
This is one thing which I earnestly pray does not happen..
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Sanku ji, (friendly manner I feel like "I told you" :) ). The rift inside BJP is real and I was telling page after page that this is not media manipulation. when push came to shove this is what happened.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Atri wrote:
This is one thing which I earnestly pray does not happen..
if this happens, the party looks like a joke. Just accept all resignations and kick them out. Openly challenge who want to go with LKA, they are free to leave.
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

It seems Rajnath told Advani not to make Resignation public but yet he went head and therefore there is not much for BJP to negotiate with Advani. I say, good riddance to old junk.
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

Thank you for the explanation Atri-ji. Hope it doesn't come to pass. It makes me even more angry to look at games people play when vultures are circling. Meanwhile let's unite under the leadership of Shrimati Sushma Swaraj
rkirankr
BRFite

Post by rkirankr »

Redux of Mahatma and Sardar. Hindus are always done in by their own.

Rahul Baba will be PM if Namo resigns. The negative publicity will be too much if he gives in
kumarn
BRFite

Post by kumarn »

Unfortunate. we are so good at arguing that it takes us 5 secs to come up with 1000 reasons why something should not be done, while fully agreeing that the said thing is necessary, even if we have to come up with one convoluted theory or the other.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

Hari Seldon wrote:From rath yatra to wrath yatra... what a fall...
If this is original kindly accept my compliments
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

Muppalla wrote:
Atri wrote: This is one thing which I earnestly pray does not happen..
if this happens, the party looks like a joke. Just accept all resignations and kick them out. Openly challenge who want to go with LKA, they are free to leave.
India cannot afford another MKG. Basu should not resign again... it is his test to break MKG's fast while holding on to the position and state of affairs.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

Sachin wrote:
Chandragupta wrote:Lost all respect for the man. Good riddance. Hopefully, he will not pull himself lower by throwing mud at NaMo for 2002 etc.
A link to the resignation letter is here as well. I personally feel that LKA was edged on (by whom??) to make such silly moves. If BJP is serious they should have some idea on who LKA and others have advisors.
I do think the meeting Advani had 3 or 4 days back with the US and Israeli ambassadors has not received the attention it deserves.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Time is up regarding LKA to even respect him. Just throw him out, throw him out and throw him out. Om Shanti Shanti Shanti!!!!
munna
BRFite
Location: Pee Arr Eff's resident Constitution Compliance Strategist (Phd, with upper hand)

Post by munna »

Muppalla wrote:Time is up regarding LKA to even respect him. Just throw him out, throw him out and throw him out. Om Shanti Shanti Shanti!!!!
Satya Vachan Maharaj!
Vamsi.R
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Vamsi.R »

Muppalla wrote:Time is up regarding LKA to even respect him. Just throw him out, throw him out and throw him out. Om Shanti Shanti Shanti!!!!
:rotfl: :rotfl:
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Muppalla wrote:Sanku ji, (friendly manner I feel like "I told you" :) ). The rift inside BJP is real and I was telling page after page that this is not media manipulation. when push came to shove this is what happened.
Let us see Muppalla ji, for the moment, I will still hold with what I said before. This is orchestrated, I agree to being surprised at the move, I was certain that NaMo will be crowned in presence of Advani, that was the agreement with which the people had come to Goa.

Advani had signed off on this months back.

Why the resignation now? Let me find out more -- maybe Atri-ji is right.