Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Cosmo_R
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

Post by Cosmo_R »

RamaY wrote:The question one should ask is what is RBI doing about it?
What Central bankers do: count it.

What should they be doing (hope in hell) is :

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes ... e-currency

Using the smart phone apps to stop it cold.

I always get approached in Mumbai (easy to spot mark) to 'exchange new notes for old' with a slight 'discount' to allay my suspicions as to the authenticity of the new notes.

I haven't fallen for this yet. But, think how application of this tech can stop fake currency at the point of sale.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

RBI: You are using one data from one place and another data from another place. You have collected the data of printing from the press and the supply received from the RBI. You cannot do that because there are a lot of logistics involved. Numbers must be compared from the one source; either you take the RBI numbers or the printing presses' numbers. You cannot mix and match as these are rolling over statistics. Numbers can be at one point in time. (Hypothetically) It could be that on March 31, a few notes were printed, but some are sent on April 1. The difference in notes comes because the notes are probably in transition (and get accounted for in the next year in the books of the RBI).
Now we known where the fake 1000 and 500 notes are coming
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

SSridhar wrote:
Jhujar wrote:Talibans have denied their involvement in Jalalabad Consulate attack. It leaves only Pakistan and Bangui as two obvious usual suspects, culprits. we can rule out only one .
Attacks on Indian embassy, consulates, and Indian interests are always the handi work of the ISI through its two trusted tanzeems, the Haqqani Shura and the LeT. Taliban's denial is therefore technically correct.
And its also strategically brilliant because it tells Unkil that the "good Taliban" whoes b@lls Unkil is greasing to cut a deal that its not them, but slyly laughing their asses off knowing fully well that RAW, Indian military strategists etc got the message as to who did this. Couple that with "moderate TSPIans" (western parlance) who have received talking points from "the agencies", sending e-mails, etc to Reuters, NYT, William Darlymple, uneven etc that you see "rivalry between India and TSP" is the cause of this, and Unkil must impress upon the Indians to stay out of Afghanistan to ensure safe exit, and Unkil can help in "resolving Kashmir", even better. And who knows Praveen Swami might come out with grandmother redux that India actually provoked this.
rajanb
BRFite

Post by rajanb »

Anujan wrote:http://www.nerve.com/love-sex/who-exact ... ics-anyway
Every Dick Pic Search Ever: A Graphic Analysis

Take a wild guess who is searching for it the most :mrgreen:
What do you think of dick pics? Do you know why Pakistan is obsessed with them? Leave us your thoughts in the comments section.
Comments

a) With Pakistan failing on every growth index, maybe the mard-e-momeens are checking and comparing their personal growth index?
b) Living inside Lawhore affects the growth over time?
:rotfl:
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

PoaquBhonpuDompu Prisoner of Qitab in South India
Tipu Sultan, Mysore and Seringapatam
Early morning on February 19 we first left for Somnathpur where the temples built in 1268 are a famous touristic spot. Although the followers of Lord Shiva predominate in south India, the Somnathpur temple complex belongs to the Vaishnavite branch of Hinduism. Therefore there were no images or idols of Lord Shiva. The ruins were impressive and one could feel that long ago it must have been a very popular place for worship and pilgrimage. Both the Ramayan and the Mahabharata epics were carved in stone. The workmanship was extremely delicate, almost as if it had been done by female hands.

Next we drove to Seringapatam. Suddenly the architecture changed completely. The typical central Asian style with the main edifice in the middle and open green lawns surrounding it reminded me of similar monuments and their layout in Lahore, Delhi and Agra. At the gate an elderly man approached me with a testimonial showing that he was a certified guide. He would charge me only Rs 70 to narrate the history associated with the mausoleum. I found that very reasonable.Tipu Sultan’s father, Hyder Ali (1721-December 7, 1782) was a general of the ruler of Mysore who captured power and became king. Hyder Ali fought the British and never lost any battle. He died of a cancer on his back. Tipu Sultan too came into conflict with the British and although he inflicted many defeats on them, he finally was killed in a place some distance from where he is buried.
Both Hyder Ali and Tipu sought French support but the British proved more successful in the wars. Tipu Sultan sent an emissary to Istanbul to have his incumbency as Muslim ruler of Mysore affirmed in a firman (declaration) by the Ottoman sultan who was the symbolic caliph of Sunni Islam. Hyder Ali, Tipu Sultan and his mother are buried in the main mausoleum. Outside are the graves of some of his children, wives and other relatives. We then drove to the Seringapatam fort and museum and spent a long time there. On the way back we also saw the exact spot where Tipu Sultan was shot dead.I have been on many such guided tours and remember so many nice and decent people from whom I learnt the history of the place I was visiting. I had read a lot on Tipu Sultan before coming to Seringapatam but it was a real treat to listen to the guide in Seringapatam. His whole body quivered with emotions and pride as he talked about Tipu Sultan. Let me admit a false presumption I made: I took it for granted he was a Muslim. When I enquired he said, “No Sir, I am a Hindu.” He did not know that I was a Muslim. I wanted to embrace him but it might have shocked him and to others it might have appeared melodramatic but people like him, poor, hardworking and decent, always win my respect. I will always remember the very sincere look on his face. I think I gave him more than we had agreed on.
To my even greater surprise, while driving back to Mysore we suddenly saw two women riding a scooter, fully clad in burqas with only the eyes covered in dark sunglasses, go past us. The same day in Mysore I saw something similar again. So, Muslim women, even the more orthodox, are freer in a remote part of south India than in Islamist citadels such as Pakistan, Iran and Saudi Arabia. Three cheers for Indian secularism.Next day Ravi drove me up to the hill overlooking Mysore. I have always had a fascination for hills. I used to go up the one on Queen’s Road and try to have a panoramic look at Lahore in all directions. On the hill is another famous Hindu temple, which had lots of devotees. I believe India has outlawed the exclusion of Dalits from the temples and people of all sorts were going in and getting parshad (sweets). I also went to a park and as luck would have it saw a mongoose get hold of a snake. This was just a bonus.The last leg of the trip to Mysore was sightseeing inside Mysore. Towards the end Ravi said to me, “Sir, please have a look at our church as well.” Because of his name I had thought he was a Hindu, but he turned out to be a devout Christian.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

partha wrote:
Seems like a very accurate intelligence input. Suicide attack and gunfire reported near India consulate in Jalalabad.
Full text of press release put out by our Ministry of External Affairs on the attack of our diplomatic establishment in Jalalabad:
The suicide attacks against the Indian Consulate General in Jalalabad, which has led to the injuries and deaths of several valiant Afghan Police personnel as well as deaths of several innocent Afghan civilians including children, must be condemned in the strongest possible terms.

This attack has once again highlighted that the main threat to Afghanistan’s security and stability stems from terrorism and the terror machine that continues to operate from beyond its borders. {Where else beyond Afghanistan’s border but that Mohammadden terrorist fomenting nation, the Islamic Republic of Pakistan}

India will not be deterred from its commitment to assist Afghanistan in its reconstruction and development effort; this was clearly an attack not just against India but an attack against the efforts to help the Afghan people overcome the tragic hardships they have endured due to several decades of war.

We wish to express our deep gratitude to the valiant Afghan security personnel who laid down their lives while protecting the Indian Consulate. We wish to express our grief and condolences to the families of the innocent Afghan civilians who also lost their lives during this attack.
From here:

Attack on the Consulate General of India in Jalalabad

Meanwhile a link to the world’s foremost Mohammadden Terrorism exporting country, the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, emerges with the Times of India reporting that “Speaking on condition of anonymity, officials in New Delhi said inputs from Kabul revealed late in the evening that the bombers were all Pakistani nationals who stayed in Kunar for seven days”:

India blames Pakistan for Afghanistan suicide attack
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

An article in the Express Tribune that aims to draw a relationship between education and the Islamic Republic of Pakistan’s national penchant for indulging in Terrorism, particularly terrorism of the Mohammadden variety, completely misses the elephant in the room. The elephant in the room that is being missed is off course the enabling role played by Mohammaddenism in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan’s national penchant for indulging in acts of terrorism besides a host of other unsavoury practises such as blasphemy and rape witness laws:

The education-militancy connection
ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ArmenT »

Looks like the Pakistanis won't be complaining about water shortages for a little while:
Flash floods sweep across South Punjab
Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa suffers as downpours continue
Rain washes Karachi: State of emergency declared across Sindh
Deadly rain: Jhal Magsi cut off from rest of Balochistan

That's four different regions of Pakistan all getting flooded at the same time.
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

It seems Allah periodically uses the flush button to clear some pakistaniat from Pakistan. After all he knows best
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

Mahendra wrote:It seems Allah periodically uses the flush button to clear some pakistaniat from Pakistan. After all he knows best
:rotfl:
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

arun wrote: “Speaking on condition of anonymity, officials in New Delhi said inputs from Kabul revealed late in the evening that the bombers were all Pakistani nationals who stayed in Kunar for seven days”:

The bolded portion is significant. 'Pakistanis' means LeT cadres and being hosted in 'Kunar Province' means being hosted by the Haqqanis. So, this is as usual an ISI-LeT-Haqqani joint production.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

The myth that citizens of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan have been propagating notwithstanding the daily mayhem in that country to Non-Mohammaddens that there somehow exists, despite the daily bloodbath, a great sense of hospitality in the Islamic Republic, goes up in smoke :lol: . Conde Nast Traveller magazine’s reader’s choice survey rates Islamabad as the second most unfriendly city in the world:

The Friendliest and Unfriendliest Cities in the World
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Interesting...it is still running!! Last time (few months back) when I searched they had suspended the train.

[added later]
Oct 2012 news Disagreements over payments: Pakistan Railways, Business Express in standoff
Business Express is liable to pay Rs3.1 million daily to PR for using the national carrier’s infrastructure and network for operating its train. The management of the Business Express seldom paid the agreed amount to railways on a daily basis due to lower-than optimum occupancy rate.
Pak Business Express also cut down its fares to attract passengers for the winter season, but the step went in vain as the occupancy rate still fluctuated between 50-55%.
Jan 2013 news Business train service closed
The operation of the Business Express has been shut down till further notice due to unresolved conflicts with the Pakistan Railways over contracts terms and payment debt.
there were conspiracies looming that the Business Express-owed amount would finally be written off as bad debt and that is why the situation is being staged, however, Chairman/ Secretary Railways Muhammad Arif Azim dispelled all these notions saying that nobody would be allowed to keep a single penny that belonged to the national institution.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

SSridhar wrote:
arun wrote: “Speaking on condition of anonymity, officials in New Delhi said inputs from Kabul revealed late in the evening that the bombers were all Pakistani nationals who stayed in Kunar for seven days”:

The bolded portion is significant. 'Pakistanis' means LeT cadres and being hosted in 'Kunar Province' means being hosted by the Haqqanis. So, this is as usual an ISI-LeT-Haqqani joint production.
And so openly done.

This is just a friendly trailer of the main movie........
member_26255
BRFite

Post by member_26255 »

Line of Control: Indian forces kidnap four Kashmiri men

http://tribune.com.pk/story/586416/line ... hmiri-men/
NEELUM VALLEY (LOC): Four men hailing from Kashmir were allegedly kidnapped by Indian armed forces Sunday night near Neelam Valley, Express News reported.
They were plucking herbs near the Line of Control :lol: when they were kidnapped by Indian forces who entered the area.
The four men were identified as Zafran Ghulam Sarwar, Shazaman, Wajid Akbar and Mohammad Faisal.
Seems like four Gay-haadi's were sent to their 72. Good job IA :D
Harish
BRFite

Post by Harish »

agastya wrote:Line of Control: Indian forces kidnap four Kashmiri men

http://tribune.com.pk/story/586416/line ... hmiri-men/
NEELUM VALLEY (LOC): Four men hailing from Kashmir were allegedly kidnapped by Indian armed forces Sunday night near Neelam Valley, Express News reported.
They were plucking herbs near the Line of Control :lol: when they were kidnapped by Indian forces who entered the area.
The four men were identified as Zafran Ghulam Sarwar, Shazaman, Wajid Akbar and Mohammad Faisal.
Seems like four Gay-haadi's were sent to their 72. Good job IA :D
"Our nanha moochahids were innocently plucking flowers onlee, when dark monsters swooped down upon them from nowhere, to sacrifice them to their many-headed missile-armed gods."

Even the DDM will have difficulty buying this - not that they will not try - beards innocently plucking herbs right on the world's most heavily militarized frontier, and got goatnapped?

You gotta hand it to the pakis for having a most fertile imagination.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

IP project in jeopardy : US threatens curbs if Pakistan pursues Iran deal, says PM
JEDDAH : Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Sunday said the United States has warned that the Iran-Pakistan (IP) gas pipeline project could invoke sanctions on the country in the future.
Cheers Image
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

But IIP=Incestuosly Inbreeding Pakistan will remain full stream in Pawkostan.
Cosmo_R
BRF Oldie

Post by Cosmo_R »

Jhujar wrote:PoaquBhonpuDompu Prisoner of Qitab in South India
Tipu Sultan, Mysore and Seringapatam
Early morning on February 19 w....[/b]
Shifty Isty is a wolf in goat's clothing. He was behind the 'Panjabiyat' way to revive Khalistan by stealth means. Piece of work and very dangerous because he seems so 'secular'. Have crossed paths. He has nothing but contempt for Hindus.

Grima Wormtongue (LOTR) of the highest order
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

arun wrote:The myth that citizens of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan have been propagating notwithstanding the daily mayhem in that country to Non-Mohammaddens that there somehow exists, despite the daily bloodbath, a great sense of hospitality in the Islamic Republic, goes up in smoke :lol: . Conde Nast Traveller magazine’s reader’s choice survey rates Islamabad as the second most unfriendly city in the world:

Saar - this news is surprising. Someone is more unfriendly than our neighbour's capital?!!?! What do they do in the most unfriendly city?
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

What was John Kerry carrying for Pakistan. Vasleen not Vallet ? — Wa heed Hussa Ain
Mush Oothaoonga Terri Orr Gubo Karoonga; Jitna Bhii Cheekhe Pak, Mazza Tho Free Mey Laoonga
The PML-N government would not be able to continue with the same Musharraf-Zardari double standard policy. The US has to understand the Pakistan government’s position and assist the democratic system instead of creating more problems. The drones issue has to be settled once and for all.The energy crisis is another important agenda item from the Pakistani perspective where the US could help us to overcome the 6,000 megawatt shortfall but the US does not seem sincere to support Pakistan. It gave India civil nuclear energy technology and assistance but refused the same to Pakistan. When Pakistan signed the gas pipeline agreement with Iran, the Americans pressurised us to terminate it. After Prime Minister Sharif’s successful visit to China where he had signed various energy agreements with some Chinese companies, the US rushed its overseas investment company top official to Pakistan, sending the message that it was serious to assist Pakistan in the energy field.Despite US promises and claims, it would never invest or encourage other international financial institutions or companies to invest in mega hydel and coal projects like Basha Dam and Thar coal. The Americans have helped to repair our transmission lines and already existing power generation plants but are not willing to invest in the big projects that can cater to our needs.What we need are cost effective 5,000 to 10,000 megawatt energy projects.If the US is really interested to assist Pakistan, Mr Kerry should announce $ 5-10 billion investment in mega projects in addition to the Iran-Pakistan Gas Pipeline and Civil Nuclear Energy. Will the US do that?
Another issue is the post-2014 Indian role in Afghanistan. The Indian presence in Afghanistan may be taken as a serious threat to our security. Afghanistan’s growing closeness with India could further destabilise Pakistan and the region. Afghan President Hamid Karzai visited India and signed a security pact, which was done with the US’s approval.As far as peace in Afghanistan is concerned, that mess was created by the US and, ultimately, the US has to clean it up. The US seems to be confused about talks with the Taliban just as it was confused in launching theAfghan war without much thought. Pakistan does not buy the Afghan government officials’ stance that the Taliban are under the the ISI’s control. Pakistan time and again has reiterated that it is willing to help the various factions and international community for peace talks in Afghanistan but it cannot not influence any individual or group for any particular move. The best way of dealing with the Americans was to give a simple no when the demand was against our national interest. It should be remembered Pakistan as the so-called ally would not be able to get any benefit from the US. It is a fact that we must understand as a nation.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Water shedding? — Syed Bikhariat Kauzmi

Born Of Arap Load Shedding , Doing Year shedding :Shall Die by Indian Paani Shedding.A certain Segament of Paki Society Must be Annually sent as Tribute to Clean Indian Pipes For Enough Paani
Pakistan’s population is likely to grow from 195 million in 2010 to 475 million by 2050 — and the water table in its main farming area, Punjab, is disappearing rapidly. This could produce conflict directly, for control of scarce land or water, or indirectly, through migration and spread of refugees.In nuclear-armed, terrorist-torn, over-populated, chronically unstable Pakistan, the once mighty Indus, source of irrigation for the country’s cotton and rice crops, has been reduced to a pathetic trickle as it reaches the sea.So which strategist, planner, analyst, journalist, anchor and the like read the book and were curious about the various predictions included therein? While the team behind Megachange, farsightedly within the book itself, admits in simple terms that it is well nigh impossible to predict the future, for various reasons, that is still no reason to completely ignore a 40-year projected scenario analysis by, in this author’s opinion, the leading publication on political economy.

Before discussing all things water, the opportunity to gloat a bit is too satisfying to pass up. Civil society and all supporters of democracy are advised to peruse the chapter on democracy’s future in the subject book, titled Freedom’s ragged march! Personally, a most satisfying read. On a more serious note, security strategists are advised to carefully peruse the sections on the economy and on warfare. And don’t miss the first qualification by which the book identifies Pakistan: nuclear-armed. Perceptions matter!Getting back to the two entries on Pakistan, reproduced earlier above, when did the Indus get reduced to a pathetic trickle? Where was the leadership, elected and unelected, when all that was happening arguing about the Kalabagh Dam? For the cribbers, who will again divert attention from the real issue towards the misguided characterisation of Pakistan in the book, truly, that is quite unnerving, but noisemaking will not change impressions.
Forget the past, a bigger concern is that the country does not have 40 years to apocalypse; the population will not increase to 475 million in the last year; au contraire, it is projected to increase proportionately. Missing the necessary qualifications, one is clueless on where the water is disappearing and how fast is this phenomena occurring, but venturing an educated guess, that won’t suddenly happen in the 50th year either. What is even more worrying is that if the Indus is already a trickle, perhaps the decline is already there. And things could get a lot worse within a decade.
From an economic standpoint, cotton and rice crops, irrespective of what the pundits might want to project about the service sector, are still the backbone of the economy. If these products decline, the trade deficit will increase exponentially, which, notwithstanding the decline in employment as well, will have serious repercussions for the financial health of the nation. Increasing trade deficits are the causation for increasing foreign debt and with total national debt already above 60 percent of the GDP, there is effectively no space to borrow more.
There is a particular group of analysts who have been screaming about the rather shady deeds of the west with the not-so-friendly neighbour, upstream of the Indus. Again, one is not qualified to comment on the accuracy and appropriateness of such assertions; however, before getting into business with them won’t it be prescient to at least corroborate the technical data amongst other things? It would be rather disastrous if by the time the government concludes planning for hydel generation opportunities, somebody has already walked away with the water.Finally, the political wrangling on the big dams, considering the above projections, is surely perplexing. The politicians will be better off to instantaneously realise that as water levels recede to a point of no return, it will be impossible to pacify the voters, and that is a given. The fury of the mob, which is already reaching a feverish uncontrollable pitch, will be nothing when compared with the wrath of a thirsty, unemployed and inflation-stricken populace. The general consensus amongst the elite is that supporting big dams is synonymous with political suicide; what they should understand is that no water could mean the final nail in the coffin for political institutions for an indefinite period.But who will bell the Camel?Truly the government is extremely occupied with the existing more pressing disasters such as power shortage. However, ignoring a cancer to treat a fracture might not be a kosher strategy. The bigger concern is whether there is any entity in Pakistan charged with developing such future scenarios and if so why wasn’t the red light already flashing? Even worse, as pointed out earlier, nobody will read this article or the book and all this will amount to nothing!Perhaps the water shortage hypothesis is overrated and the doomsday scenario is a conspiracy to distract the nation from the real issues; let the powers that be decide.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Pakistan’s population is likely to grow from 195 million in 2010 to 475 million by 2050 —a great opportunity for Fauji Condom Factory.

Relax Pakis, by that time India will gift you nuclear desalination plants-but the problem for you will be fresh meat, hmm, 475 million Pakis.......
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

arun wrote:The myth that citizens of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan have been propagating notwithstanding the daily mayhem in that country to Non-Mohammaddens that there somehow exists, despite the daily bloodbath, a great sense of hospitality in the Islamic Republic, goes up in smoke :lol: . Conde Nast Traveller magazine’s reader’s choice survey rates Islamabad as the second most unfriendly city in the world:

Wow! Newark, NJ is more unfriendly than Islamagood. I've been to Newark, so its safe to say I've been to Islamagood?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

there is a attractive cherry blossom park inside old newark. its not too bad ... in the day....it has its highlights.
I wouldnt want to be out as a pedestrian at night though.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

So no one visits Karachi which is famous for its sight shooting, then Peshawar known for blastful sights and Quetta where you get unexpected tour of unseen sights?
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

If Shaahi Tharoor buys ISI propaganda that a non existent BJP which removed Pandits from the valley in 1989, why can't DDM believe 4 innocents were plucking herbs on the LOC.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Shalimar express in Pakistan had an explosion, after Pakistan Railways refused to pay extortion money.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/586714/expl ... 0-injured/
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Anujan wrote:Shalimar express in Pakistan had an explosion, after Pakistan Railways refused to pay extortion money.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/586714/expl ... 0-injured/
A five year-old died on the spot after succumbing to injuries.
Cheers Image
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Islamabad on red alert after intelligence warns of attack on PAF HQ

ISLAMABAD : The Federal Capital is on red alert following intelligence reports of a possible terrorist attack on Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Headquarters.

Security personell from the PAF, Pakistan Navy and Islamabad police launced a joint search operation in Margalla Hills detaining several suspects. Why not the Army?

Heads of all police stations were also directed to maintain high vigilance in their respective areas. Houses, workshops, markets, under construction buildings, and residential areas were also searched.

Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Operations, Dr Rizwan told Geo News that certain intelligence alerts including a warning regarding a possible terrorist attack on PAF Headquarters prompted these special security measures.

“This thick security blanket has been laid over Islamabad to head off any untoward incident ahead of Eid-ul-Fitr,” he added

Cheers Image
Narad
BRFite

Post by Narad »

Russians refuse to let PIA off the hook without payment :lol:
The Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) is facing embarrassment and difficulties in its operations side after authorities at the Moscow airport have refused to release a PIA aircraft that made an emergency landing after developing a technical fault about two weeks back.
Much to the surprise of the flight crew and PIA high-ups in Moscow, officials there refused to handover the plane after they found that the national flag carrier had to clear some debt from the past for using the airport services and facilities.
PIA officials are still engaged with aviation authorities in Moscow to secure the release of the plane, but the Russians want the PIA to clear the outstanding dues that date way back to the times when PIA used to operate its flights to Moscow. These operations were suspended in early 2000 after operational difficulties of the national flag carrier.
Sources said that it would take another two to three weeks before a breakthrough was expected, probably after the Russians made the PIA pay the dues.
Rajdeep
BRFite

Post by Rajdeep »

High alert in Pakistan as Taliban plans attack
Joint teams of commandos from the army, navy and air force went into action yesterday and took control of important facilities like the Benazir Bhutto International Airport in Rawalpindi and several key sensitive security buildings in Islamabad.
Hayat did not specify the targets but the President’s House, Prime Minister’s House and Secretariat, parliament, diplomatic enclave, NGOs’ offices, five-star hotels and banks could be on the hit list of the rebels, sources said.
Karma is a Bicth and I hope they get theirs for planning to kill the Hon. Indian Envoy to Af.

On the other hand this could be a heads up for the coward paki soldiers and police to prepare holes in the ground to hide when the bad taliban come without vaseline :rotfl:
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Allah, He who knows the best, has always been unkind to the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

"India, Pak trade should be in rupees not in dollars: JCCI
New Delhi: Trade between India and Pakistan should be done in rupees and not in US dollars in order to boost the commerce between the countries, a member of a Pakistani chamber said Wednesday.
The matter came into discussion during the meeting of members of Pakistan-based Jhang Chamber of Commerce and Industry (JCCI) and PHD Chamber here.
To enhance the bilateral trade and economic cooperation between the two countries, Indo-Pak trade should be done in rupees and not in dollars," PHD Chamber said quoting Imran Sohail, who is leading a nine-member delegation of Jhang Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
He was speaking at an interactive session organised by PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry in the capital.
Sohail said that political relations should not affect the prospective business ties between the countries...."
Yes sir, and Pakistan can print Indian rupees in a few hours.
Gautam
Garooda
BRFite

Post by Garooda »

KJoishy wrote:
Garooda wrote: I agree completely as my family visited bangalore last month and both my kids ate normal desi food even in India at everyone's lunch/dinner invites. They were all astonished as their own kids in bangalore eat junk food along the same lines as you mentioned. In the name of liberalisation, unfortunately a lot is being lost at a ever slow pace. Unfortunately most of the folks we interracted with in Bangalore felt that its some sort of inferiority complex and that we were a bit 'old fashioned'.
I am okay with people thinking I am old fashioned. We are visiting BLR in Dec and I will see a repeat. My kids eating daal rice + all types of veggies and my cousins kids fussing over wanting pizza + coke. Heck, at least we did something right.
Everything in Moderation is good. I guess when you migrate overseas, we tend to hold on to the culture and values a lot more as a first generation.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

Garooda wrote:
I agree completely as my family visited bangalore last month and both my kids ate normal desi food even in India at everyone's lunch/dinner invites. They were all astonished as their own kids in bangalore eat junk food along the same lines as you mentioned. In the name of liberalisation, unfortunately a lot is being lost at a ever slow pace. Unfortunately most of the folks we interracted with in Bangalore felt that its some sort of inferiority complex and that we were a bit 'old fashioned'.
I am okay with people thinking I am old fashioned. We are visiting BLR in Dec and I will see a repeat. My kids eating daal rice + all types of veggies and my cousins kids fussing over wanting pizza + coke. Heck, at least we did something right.
SOme of the family kids told me that in Blore it is peer pressure which is driving. They are made to feel low if they eat daal and they are pressured to eat veg burger and pizza. This is the social engineering they are experimenting in Blore in stealth.
It can be easily countered.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

g.sarkar wrote:"India, Pak trade should be in rupees not in dollars: JCCI

New Delhi: Trade between India and Pakistan should be done in rupees and not in US dollars in order to boost the commerce between the countries, a member of a Pakistani chamber said Wednesday.

The matter came into discussion during the meeting of members of Pakistan-based Jhang Chamber of Commerce and Industry (JCCI) and PHD Chamber here.
To enhance the bilateral trade and economic cooperation between the two countries, Indo-Pak trade should be done in rupees and not in dollars," PHD Chamber said quoting Imran Sohail, who is leading a nine-member delegation of Jhang Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
He was speaking at an interactive session organised by PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry in the capital.
Sohail said that political relations should not affect the prospective business ties between the countries...."
Yes sir, and Pakistan can print Indian rupees in a few hours.

Gautam
Exactly. Pakis will print Indian rupees and RBI will back them as they have always done under INC guidance.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Peregrine wrote:Islamabad on red alert after intelligence warns of attack on PAF HQ
“This thick security blanket has been laid over Islamabad to head off any untoward incident ahead of Eid-ul-Fitr,” he added

Cheers Image
Khuda is gawaah in wild wild peacelands to all kinds of pakistaniyat in the holy month.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Peregrine wrote:Islamabad on red alert after intelligence warns of attack on PAF HQ

ISLAMABAD : The Federal Capital is on red alert following intelligence reports of a possible terrorist attack on Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Headquarters.

Security personell from the PAF, Pakistan Navy and Islamabad police launced a joint search operation in Margalla Hills detaining several suspects. Why not the Army?

Cheers Image
It could be copy cat alert by the TSP to show they are also under threat from the mythical Al Qeada just like the US embassies worldwide. Something like how they are also like the West.

Peregrine, As to your question Fizzleya are not green enough hence they are marked down.
MurthyB
BRFite
Location: "Visa Officer", Indian Consulate #13,451, Khost Province, Afghanistan

Post by MurthyB »

Acharya wrote: SOme of the family kids told me that in Blore it is peer pressure which is driving. They are made to feel low if they eat daal and they are pressured to eat veg burger and pizza. This is the social engineering they are experimenting in Blore in stealth.
It can be easily countered.
It's been going on for a long time. I remember seeing a movie, "Dhoom" I think it was, where the Aishwarya Rai character makes a derogatory comment about "dal-chaawal" and asks the Hrithik Roshan character why they don't go out for burgers and coca cola instead. Product placement in Bollywood movies (and probably the regional cinema as well) has been rampant at least since the late nineties (like that blatant scene in Taal where Aishwarya and Akshay Khanna fight over a bottle of Coke with several Thums Up bottles in the backgound) that I have been observing it.