BR Main Site Feedback

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Re: BR Main Site Feedback

Post by SaiK »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yup.. you must read the head topic first. It is in highlighted bold and bigger font that clearly says about DC 50 year old news.
Aaryan
BRFite

Post by Aaryan »

Dear all,
Sometimes I feel that we all are honest, thoughtful , so patriotic just because all we do is sit in a comfortable office/home , do some surfing and then share that information or comment on that info. I don’t say its bad.. but can we do more? I personally find few posts and most of the persons who post them as persons of morals, ethics and super intelligence.. Can we make sure the information and its analysis that’s done here reaches to many more… Can we act as an strategic think tank.. Can we do something and make things happen rather than just watch them and comment on them… CAN WE BE THE VOICE WHICH CANNOT BE IGNORED ESILY..I have few things in mind.. will post them according to the feedback I get…
MN Kumar
BRFite

Post by MN Kumar »

I am getting the below error while accessing www.bharat-rakshak.com:
ERROR

The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/

The following error was encountered:

Unable to forward this request at this time.
This request could not be forwarded to the origin server or to any parent caches. The most likely cause for this error is that:

The cache administrator does not allow this cache to make direct connections to origin servers, and
All configured parent caches are currently unreachable.
Your cache administrator is support@c4l.co.uk.
Generated Mon, 11 Jun 2012 18:40:02 GMT by localhost (squid)
kasthuri
BRFite

Post by kasthuri »

^^^ Same here....
Johann
BRF Oldie

Post by Johann »

What if BR Main site moved to a wiki format?

That could keep site updates fresher, with a ready (but vetted) pool of BR oldies to update materials. Site admins could then focus on approving changes rather than having to directly perform quite as much of the upkeep themselves.

The menu style navigation could be retained for the frontpage to provide an entrypoint for those who want to browse in general areas but dont already know exactly what they want to look up.
JaiS
Forum Moderator

Post by JaiS »

^^
MN Kumar
BRFite

Post by MN Kumar »

Jagan,

In the gallery "FILMING THE MIG-21 BISON", below links are broken:

- MiG-21 Bison Virtual Walkaround
- Bison ORP Scramble
MN Kumar
BRFite

Post by MN Kumar »

BR homepage is not accessible. Getting the below error:

ERROR

The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/

The following error was encountered:

Unable to forward this request at this time.
This request could not be forwarded to the origin server or to any parent caches. The most likely cause for this error is that:

The cache administrator does not allow this cache to make direct connections to origin servers, and
All configured parent caches are currently unreachable.
Your cache administrator is support@c4l.co.uk.
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

Rafale Ad looks nice on Home Page... I believe this will be first ever Advertisement on BR; are we open to more of it ?
anirban_aim
BRFite

Post by anirban_aim »

Arre Wah!!! Rafale Ad on BR Home page. :D I believe this is a first.

This is a very happy and proud moment. Glad to see that slowly but surely BR is being noticed as an opinion maker in defence/security affairs.

Next steps may to create a publishing house and an offline identity. More strength to BR and respects and thanks to the pioneers and the oldies whose contributions have got us here.
Ashwin B
BRFite

Post by Ashwin B »

Hello Mods,
I made a mistake in one of my posts and I'm not able to edit it now.
The correct name of the person I was trying to provide reference to is "Raksha Kumar".

Could you delete (or edit) the following post please?

Thanks.
Ashwin.
member_23658
BRFite

Post by member_23658 »

main site homepage showing the default server page, giving details of OS/server s/w.

added 5 mins later: its back to normal now, can i suggest not keeping default server pages it gives unnecessary details to malicious users
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Cross posting from the ABM thread:

Consider the following link from the BR main site: http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/NEWS/news ... wsid=19628

What's appalling is that the Bharat Rakshak home page posts a link to this farticle, giving it more eyeballs. And this is not the first time that the BR homepage posts links to egregious news articles. I have commented about this in the BR Main Page feedback forum, but it seems to fall on deaf ears. Perhaps the pressure to keep updating the page with "fresh news" is too tempting
Patni
BRFite

Post by Patni »

The main site URL i.e.,http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/ is showing an apache test page from ~ 12:15 IST today. the forum url works and hence able to make this post.
member_24146
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_24146 »

I used to visit BR from almost 3 to 4 years via my mobile, and i unable to access BR via UCWeb browser (Made in China) :) many times. Its strange because there is no problem accessing BR from other mobile browsers and PC. Does they(UCWeb browser) blocking BR?
nmadhav
BRFite -Trainee

Post by nmadhav »

It looks like the BR main site is down. Chrome says that the connection is interrupted.
kapilrdave
BRFite

Post by kapilrdave »

Since very long the main site's banner is breaking up in Google Chrome.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

^^works fine for me
Ankit Desai
BRFite

Post by Ankit Desai »

@12:57 PM (EST) main site down was down temporary !

-Ankit
Murugan
BRF Oldie

Post by Murugan »

Good to see IAF Platinum Jubilee Sets images.

Minor suggestions

In the main images on page http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/Galle ... oins-75Yr/

No 03 and 05 are Proof Images and not UNC Images
obviously 04 and 06 are actually UNC Images and Not proof images
This you may like to correct.

Technic of 'frosting' is applied to Proof coins. Proof coins are double struck double polished and because of frosting they have mat finish, this can be easily made out by looking at the coin or its image. Generally proof coins are 10% costlier than UNC coins. UNC coins have single strike and single mirror polish.

Regards
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Ankit Desai wrote:@12:57 PM (EST) main site down was down temporary !

-Ankit
(Using the above quote as an example.)

Is it possible to have an icon just past "Desai wrote" (in the above example) which when selected takes us back to the original post (of Ankit Desai in this case)? So if a quoted post was say 5 pages earlier the selection of the icon (click on it) should take me right to that post 5 pages earlier.

Perhaps the icon can be a simple, small, arrow?
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Marten wrote: NRao Sir, the icon already exists. It's a small page that is orange for unread posts and white otherwise. As an example, on your post, if you were to look at the top right in the same line as the Subject, you'd see this icon.
Perhaps I am missing something, but I do not think we are on the same page. ?????

So, in your post I see nothing to take me to Ankit's post.

I should be able to go to Ankit's post in either your post (since you have his quote) or via my post (again because I have his quote). Get it?
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Murugan wrote:Good to see IAF Platinum Jubilee Sets images.

Minor suggestions

In the main images on page http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/Galle ... oins-75Yr/

No 03 and 05 are Proof Images and not UNC Images
obviously 04 and 06 are actually UNC Images and Not proof images
This you may like to correct.

Technic of 'frosting' is applied to Proof coins. Proof coins are double struck double polished and because of frosting they have mat finish, this can be easily made out by looking at the coin or its image. Generally proof coins are 10% costlier than UNC coins. UNC coins have single strike and single mirror polish.

Regards
Edited.. Murugan, I was mistaken.. I re-read your post and you are correct. I assumed mirror polish as proof and frosted polish as UNC.. let me fix that
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

I thought this post should be here
gkriish wrote:hey guys,

when ever i open any links from BR specially from the Top stories section i get a message that there was a malware was blocked for the first few times i just ignored thinking that it might be the source website where BR is sourcing the News from but lately i am able to see this Message of malware blocked only from BR links and i have captured the link where it showed the error : http://bharat-rakshak.com/NEWS/newsrf.php?newsid=20261 so whoever is responsible for fixing this issue please take care of it..........

i am not able to attach the screen shot i took about the malware detection if Mods wants to know give me ur e mail id and i shall mail the image details
Rohit_K
BRFite

Post by Rohit_K »

BR got cited in the NYT:
The Indian Air Force has inducted more than 1,200 MIG variants in its fleet since 1963, when it was first used by the military. Currently, at least 252 MIG-21s are known to be operational in the air force, according to the Indian military enthusiast site Bharat Rakshak, including the latest upgraded version, the Bison.
- Link to article
pragnya
BRFite

Post by pragnya »

everyday at 1 am in the morning the site is not accessible. i get the following error -

Code: Select all

General Error

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Too many connections [1040]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
VinodTK
BRF Oldie

Post by VinodTK »

The real story of 'Police Action' against Nizam in 1948 (India Today)
which is posted in Top Stories section is pure propaganda ,lies, and misinformation. The most shocking part is the moderator(s) thought it is a top story and posted it out there. It would be appropriate to post that story in Pakistani defense forum not BR, unless the moderator who posted the story has some other agenda in his mind!!!
member_27581
BRFite

BR Main Site Feedback

Post by member_27581 »

Hi All,

My first post on the site after lurking for nearly two years. I feel that there is lot of empty space on main page. Which can be utilized say to cover more from "latest sections"
Ajit.C
BRFite

Post by Ajit.C »

The Senior officers list of Intergrated Head Quarters, Army, Navy and air force has not been updated for ages.
VinodTK
BRF Oldie

Post by VinodTK »

Special: Decoding Operation Polo

There is a photo which references BR as the source with the following caption: "Indian soldiers sort through the arms and equipment left behind after hostilities. Photo courtesy: bharat-rakshak.com "
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

The 'Good Post' thread contains some fabulous posts by members. Why is it in Burkha forum? Should be both on BR main page and pinned on top in open forum for starters! That will help guide lurkers to the relevant thread and context under which the post was made. Will provide a lot of perspective to those who lurk randomly.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

+1
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

harbans, Many of the posts in the "Good Posts" thread are from GDF itself.

Lurkers are lurkers anyway.
ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ArmenT »

negi wrote:+1
-1 from me saar. Different people have different tastes, I guess. Matter of fact, quite a few of what are deemed as "good posts" are by people who I have on my "ignore list". Unfortunately, the guys that repost those on the "Good Post" thread are not necessarily on my ignore list, which is why I don't bother to visit that thread at all. Maybe it is good reading for some folks, but definitely not my cup of tea. I would much rather prefer to see technical stuff in the Good Posts thread personally, but somehow it seems that long posts containing some italicized SaNSkriTaM in mixed-case English letters or some political analysis is what dominates.
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

^^ I agree. Good posts is really 'good post' in the view of the one who is adding it to that thread. Not necessarily one that would past muster with many others.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Armen i agree with your take. However there are many that are. Even the best written articles in the Press will have their detractors. That is why i penned the qualifier 'some'.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Can we move this back to Mil Forum please.. Atleast once in a while we would read it there and take action.. if its in GDF its going to be like never :)
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

Is this the thread to contest any warning issued by BR admin? Or where do I take up the issue?
TIA
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

This is the main site feedback thread. Please use the forum feedback thread for anything related to the forum.