Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

fanne
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by fanne »

My Pranam and solute to the departed Soul, please come back again, Mother India needs people like you!!
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Jagan drama can not be sustained till election day without huge defections from mafia. Once it is done the suspicion created by CBN will take hold. Now Bjp should also go to town with these allegations. It will make CBN and bjp on the same page. This has go be done fast. Destroying mafia in AP will bday the first step.

No news on Yaddi. Any gurus?
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Dhananjay wrote:This jagan seems like a very dangerous fellow. Much much shrewder than other adversaries of Modi. Right now Modi is so much liked by the masses that any leader speaking against Modi enters in 'hated slot' part of peoples mind. By making 'not spiteful' remarks in Modi's context he is making a goody image of himself.
I saw video somewhere but forgot. In that video, Jagan fellow eloquently quoting his God's words from Bible on his mission and while answering for another question also said Modi should be secular.

NDTV edited all of his God's words but said Jagan wanted Modi to be secular. Their other friendly media picked that spun it as Jagan supports Modi if he is secular. Some Modi jingos ooze at that news and want BJP to work with him

If you're in the world of corrupted media, they will make believe you Sonia and YSR are gods.
devesh wrote:Rayapati will not join BJP. nor any of the prominent faces of Kosta. they will be crushed if they do. they won't touch BJP with a barge pole.

they have to be sufficiently reassured that BJP has the grassroots power to protect them.
BJP in Karnatak committed mistake with Yeddurappa. Any one who knows that less likely to touch BJP. These people might come to BJP only if BJP supports TDP so at least that presents them with graceful exit from INC into BJP without having TDP tag on their name but wants to be on winning side. After all they opposed TDP for 30 years.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

ramana wrote:AP problem is both national parties for whatever reason want to split the state. Usually when one NP proposes the other would try to oppose it. However due to the dynamics both are for splitting the state. If BJP is assured of getting more seats in other states they might take a different course of action. But its marginal everywhere thanks to the powers that be. Even winnable states are being out in the doubtful columns.
I have a feeling that the Omerta included taking steps to weaken/defeat regional parties. This is where the 'small states are good' concept taken by both sides of the isle.

IF you look at the following table, you will notice that states above certain critical mass (of Tax revenues) defy national parties.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

I have a simpler explanation of National party being defied by states...all Non Hindi speaking state have a regional parties, while in UP, though it has small parties representing it, they are national in structure and aspiration. the GDP or Tax Revenue or the ratio of how many have toilets at home per capita, or how many eggs they consume per head etc etc is only complicating a very simple issue and analysis.
rgds,
fanne
kittoo
BRFite

Post by kittoo »

Sushupti wrote:Image

Guy is no more (died of lever failure). Modi spoke to his father. One of the most active supporters of Modi on twitter.
Rest in peace friend. We all are indebted to your work for the nation.
Respect to Modi for speaking to his father personally. Which other leader in India would do that?
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

fanne wrote:I have a simpler explanation of National party being defied by states...all Non Hindi speaking state have a regional parties, while in UP, though it has small parties representing it, they are national in structure and aspiration. the GDP or Tax Revenue or the ratio of how many have toilets at home per capita, or how many eggs they consume per head etc etc is only complicating a very simple issue and analysis.
rgds,
fanne
If Mulayam's SP is national party then All India Anna DMK is also national and not regional :)
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Muppalla wrote:
fanne wrote:I have a simpler explanation of National party being defied by states...all Non Hindi speaking state have a regional parties, while in UP, though it has small parties representing it, they are national in structure and aspiration. the GDP or Tax Revenue or the ratio of how many have toilets at home per capita, or how many eggs they consume per head etc etc is only complicating a very simple issue and analysis.
rgds,
fanne
If Mulayam's SP is national party then All India Anna DMK is also national and not regional :)
so is TDP (Telugu Desam Party). It contests from AP and AN (Andaman Nicobar) :lol: (not joking).

Once there is split, it plans to contest in 6 states (Karnataka, Tamilnadu, Orissa, Andaman Nicobar, Telangana, Remaining AP)
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

Well it is a national party that is restricted to UP (as CPM is ruling just Tripura today). Hopefully soon it will cease to be an regional party.
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

In politics timing is everything. PC rarely speaks and gives interviews, that too a political interview (I cannot remember last time when he gave such). But out of nowhere he gives an interview bashing up NaMo. Strange enough, Arun Jaitly is in US. My hunch is that something is cooking. Probably Cong establishment is seeing signs wherein US is coming to terms NaMo leading India, and this is spooking Con.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

higher per capita from states with 0 tax revenues
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

kmkraoind wrote:In politics timing is everything. PC rarely speaks and gives interviews, that too a political interview (I cannot remember last time when he gave such). But out of nowhere he gives an interview bashing up NaMo. Strange enough, Arun Jaitly is in US. My hunch is that something is cooking. Probably Cong establishment is seeing signs wherein US is coming to terms NaMo leading India, and this is spooking Con.
Maybe, but i mean is this for real. Congress is a master of all political chicaneries, i still dont believe BJP will cross 150. Just look at how cong and their media propped up this joker called khujliwal and single handedly they have screwed BJP in delhi. I know that goel is an a**, but whatever it is, just sheer anti-incumbency was throwing these guys out and all of a sudden we are likely to a see a hung assembly.

We are having 100 page discussions on Andhra, bottom line is In telengana they will get 10/17 seats. Andhra they will get 0, but their B team meaning Jagan (no use reading too much into his statements, his statements mean something only if congress gets less than 125 seats. As long as they cross 125, he will be their next sharad pawar, actually even worse). So if jagan laps even 12/25 seats in seemandhra, then they get 12+10 = 22 seats, just down 10 seats despite all the screwup and that is a minimalistic estimate.

As far as congress crossing 125, at the minimum, an alliance with BSP should see them through that number.

While people see AP as their lynchpin for the 2009 victory, a closer look at the numbers suggest that the bulk came from the North. J&K, HP, UTT, Punjab, Haryana, Delhi and UP gave them 70 seats. This is where BJP needs to give them a good fight. Obviously the great thing they got from AP was that they got it in one state. But my point is they had a good run across all regions.

My concerns with BJP are specifically Jharkhand, MP (they margin is decreasing with each election and who knows what the LS will throw up, last time was a disaster for BJP), Chattisgarh (very close fight) and UP of course. If Modi has to prove his impact, BJP has to win these upcoming state elections decisively. No 2 ways about it. In fact even if the seat tally goes down, but the absolute vote share goes up, that is a very good sign for the lok sabha.

The US is still giving modi a cold shoulder probably becos they just know too much.
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

Was this noted?
Parliament of Religions stirs up a hornet’s nest: Refuses to commemorate Vivekananda anniversary
Seshadri Kumar • Wed, Sep 18, 2013
The 150th birth anniversary celebration of Swami Vivekananda scheduled to be held in Chicago on Sept. 27 and 28 under the banner “World without borders 2013” is in limelight for the wrong reason.

Chicago-based Council for World Parliament of Religions has withdrawn its support for the celebration, apparently on the urging of some Muslim and left wing groups.

...The groups such as the Coalition Against Genocide have been accusing Gujarat Chief Minsiter Narendra Modi and Vishwa Hindu Parishad in India of committing genocide against Muslims in the state.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Agnimitra wrote:Was this noted?
Parliament of Religions stirs up a hornet’s nest: Refuses to commemorate Vivekananda anniversary
Seshadri Kumar • Wed, Sep 18, 2013
The 150th birth anniversary celebration of Swami Vivekananda scheduled to be held in Chicago on Sept. 27 and 28 under the banner “World without borders 2013” is in limelight for the wrong reason.

Chicago-based Council for World Parliament of Religions has withdrawn its support for the celebration, apparently on the urging of some Muslim and left wing groups.

...The groups such as the Coalition Against Genocide have been accusing Gujarat Chief Minsiter Narendra Modi and Vishwa Hindu Parishad in India of committing genocide against Muslims in the state.
Check tweets from Rajiv Malhotra. He flagged it 2-3 weeks back.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

if modi can make suchalya precede devalaya, then just think about capabilities for keeping NATO relationships higher than BRIC (of course would mean to do some ABC..)

I want enablers from API specific engagement separately with NATO block with DRDO being the integrators.. DRDO can hold the key to link technology bridges between NATO and Russkie blocks. tremendous market!!!!
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

^^^
not really. such interlinking will not be allowed by the major powers. including Russia. if the globe has the choice of such inter-linking, then the earning potential via Defense-equipment, of both US/West and Russia will decrease. so, neither will be interested in facilitating such a venture.

their survival depends on keeping a certain amount of exclusivity intact; otherwise, the smaller powers will eventually end up getting too much leveraging power.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

like it or not, the inner cores of IAF et al will work towards that.. LCA itself is one platform. Sukhoi is 50% there. We have more to come, step by step.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

this is going OT, so we can take it to OT thread if you want.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

SaiK???

Wrong thread.
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

Sushupti wrote:Check tweets from Rajiv Malhotra. He flagged it 2-3 weeks back.
No idea why, but I found that RM ji blocked me on teetar! I mean I know my profile is a bit facetious, but not sure why I got blocked.
mayo
BRFite -Trainee
Location: Madrasa Theory of Relativity (M>EC^2) Madrasa Logic > Earthly Logic * Civilization^2

Post by mayo »

Agnimitra wrote:Was this noted?
Check tweets from Rajiv Malhotra. He flagged it 2-3 weeks back.
Also actively discussed in Rajiv Malhotra's yahoo group forum.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

muraliravi wrote:
kmkraoind wrote:In politics timing is everything. PC rarely speaks and gives interviews, that too a political interview (I cannot remember last time when he gave such). But out of nowhere he gives an interview bashing up NaMo. Strange enough, Arun Jaitly is in US. My hunch is that something is cooking. Probably Cong establishment is seeing signs wherein US is coming to terms NaMo leading India, and this is spooking Con.
Maybe, but i mean is this for real. Congress is a master of all political chicaneries, i still dont believe BJP will cross 150. Just look at how cong and their media propped up this joker called khujliwal and single handedly they have screwed BJP in delhi. I know that goel is an a**, but whatever it is, just sheer anti-incumbency was throwing these guys out and all of a sudden we are likely to a see a hung assembly.

We are having 100 page discussions on Andhra, bottom line is In telengana they will get 10/17 seats. Andhra they will get 0, but their B team meaning Jagan (no use reading too much into his statements, his statements mean something only if congress gets less than 125 seats. As long as they cross 125, he will be their next sharad pawar, actually even worse). So if jagan laps even 12/25 seats in seemandhra, then they get 12+10 = 22 seats, just down 10 seats despite all the screwup and that is a minimalistic estimate.

As far as congress crossing 125, at the minimum, an alliance with BSP should see them through that number.

While people see AP as their lynchpin for the 2009 victory, a closer look at the numbers suggest that the bulk came from the North. J&K, HP, UTT, Punjab, Haryana, Delhi and UP gave them 70 seats. This is where BJP needs to give them a good fight. Obviously the great thing they got from AP was that they got it in one state. But my point is they had a good run across all regions.

My concerns with BJP are specifically Jharkhand, MP (they margin is decreasing with each election and who knows what the LS will throw up, last time was a disaster for BJP), Chattisgarh (very close fight) and UP of course. If Modi has to prove his impact, BJP has to win these upcoming state elections decisively. No 2 ways about it. In fact even if the seat tally goes down, but the absolute vote share goes up, that is a very good sign for the lok sabha.

The US is still giving modi a cold shoulder probably becos they just know too much.
I hope you are the BR equivalent of the reverse jinx practised by a lot of posters in the cricket thread. :mrgreen:
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Karan M wrote: I hope you are the BR equivalent of the reverse jinx practised by a lot of posters in the cricket thread. :mrgreen:
You mean like this: :twisted:

BJP will lose only. Rahul Gandhi will be PM. Sonia Gandhi will be Queen after abolishing presidential post.

December will be National secular month. Dec 9th is The Mother's day, liberation day (from cruel Andhras). In fact whole December will be holidays celebrating defeat of communal forces. All communal festivals in the rest of months will be banned. There will 1 lakh reward for destroying a communal place of worship.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

the worse jinx would be MMS-IV, with the same irritated pappu-ma combo holding the leash to him.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

SaiK wrote:the worse jinx would be MMS-IV, with the same irritated pappu-ma combo holding the leash to him.

Did you see the James Franco version of the "Planet of Apes"?
VinodTK
BRF Oldie

Post by VinodTK »

How does Modi find the connect wherever he addresses a rally?
:
And BJP PM candidate Narendra Modi definitely relishes the effect his words have on his audience. But for that — call it a serious gimmick or a genuine urge to connect — Modi prepares himself.
:
:
While addressing a rally in Hyderabad, Modi referred to the Telangana liberation day, commemorating the end of the Nizam rule on September 17, 1948. “I am fortunate to be born on the same day,” he said to a thunderous applause.

Surprisingly, he got the crowd — predominantly from the Telangana region — chant “Jai Telangana” and “Jai Seemandhra” along with him.

In Kolkata, he found businessmen cheering him when he opened his speech with “if you want to deliver a ball, you need to go a few steps back”. That struck a chord. The audience shouted: “We are tired of the past and want to know the future. Please hand over the mike to Mr Modi.”
:
:
:
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Agnimitra wrote:
Sushupti wrote:Check tweets from Rajiv Malhotra. He flagged it 2-3 weeks back.
No idea why, but I found that RM ji blocked me on teetar! I mean I know my profile is a bit facetious, but not sure why I got blocked.
Aask him on his email Adda.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

ramana wrote:
SaiK wrote:the worse jinx would be MMS-IV, with the same irritated pappu-ma combo holding the leash to him.

Did you see the James Franco version of the "Planet of Apes"?
talking about the subliminal message the movie sends? mmm... wow!

===>
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home ... 670889.cms?
Data analyzed by Association for Democratic Reforms ( ADR) for five states — Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Mizoram, Chhattisgarh and Delhi — that go to polls in November-December, found that 43% sitting MLAs in Delhi had criminal antecedents and 69% were crorepatis. Around 21% of MLAs (128 out of 607 MLAs) from these five states have declared pending criminal cases against them.

BJP fielded the maximum 35% tainted candidates on its ticket followed by Congress at 30% and BSP at 23%.
all these are welcome challenges for modi. (hopefully he has a plan)
Saral
BRFite

Post by Saral »

He uses some program to determine real and fake users and it likely blocks on his behalf. Maybe you fit the profile of a user from turkey :rotfl:
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

ramana wrote:Did you see the James Franco version of the "Planet of Apes"?
Ramana garu, that is cruel :lol:
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Poll Season: Why Congress can't afford to lose Delhi
Instead, the small and seemingly relatively safe state of Delhi is a big worry for the party.

"We simply can't afford to lose Delhi...it will be a huge setback for Lok Sabha elections because it will be evidence of national mood swinging against us...a perception will be created against us," says a very senior Congress leader who's a key strategist for the party and spoke on condition of anonymity.

"The UPA has done many good things," Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit told ET recently over the course of a lengthy interaction, "but there has not been enough communication. We must get the message across more aggressively."
Adding to this possible perception problem is the close nature of Delhi election results. Congress strategists privately point out that in the electoral cycle in Delhi - state elections, national elections and municipal elections - Congress' vote share has ranged from 37% in municipal polls to 40% in the last assembly polls and 57% in the last Lok Sabha polls.

"This is a wide range and it contrasts with BJP's vote share in these elections, which has remained stable at around 36%," says a Congress leader. This, he says, indicates Congress can either win or lose significant vote share depending on how voters perceive other contestants.
I am disappointed with BJP's lack of leadership in moving pieces now to destroy the DIEnasty in Delhi.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Looks like we will be getting Rahul Baba (or maybe someone else from within Congress) to lead the Congress against the BJP in 2014. Dr. Singh seems unwilling to do so this time, if this report is to be believed.

http://www.rediff.com/news/slide-show/s ... 131007.htm
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

nageshks wrote:Looks like we will be getting Rahul Baba (or maybe someone else from within Congress) to lead the Congress against the BJP in 2014. Dr. Singh seems unwilling to do so this time, if this report is to be believed.

http://www.rediff.com/news/slide-show/s ... 131007.htm
Shiela wants MMS to go. Trash article.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

SaiK wrote:if modi can make suchalya precede devalaya, !!!

Oh that's in human nature. One goes to sauchalaya before going to Devalaya Hence there has to be a proper sauchalaya with water and not with paper.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

EVM case judgment expected within a couple of hours from now. Election Commission says it is introducing EVMs paper trail, but it wants full freedom to do this arbitrarily slowly.

So, 2014 will essentially be an EVM election, if the ECI has its way.
vineetmehta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vineetmehta »

Muppalla wrote:
nageshks wrote:
Shiela wants MMS to go. Trash article.
on Sunday 3 times winner Karn Singh, MLA came to our locality to speak. He said "please dont punish me for what Sardar (MMS) did in center". This was surprising since its his party sarkar at center.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Did he speak up against the Sardar, when he was running the country into the ground.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

vineetmehta wrote: on Sunday 3 times winner Karn Singh, MLA came to our locality to speak. He said "please dont punish me for what Sardar (MMS) did in center". This was surprising since its his party sarkar at center.
What was he doing when MMS was neither being a sardar or asardar? Enjoying the loot?

And why is he blaming MMS? Why not the CongI president?

You should tell him that first, he should blame the right persons - that is SoniaG and RahulG and then take a decision to support right decisions for India and not for CongIs. And if that includes supporting good ideas from "chaddiwallahs, orangewallahs, chaiwallahs ..." basically all the assorted subaltern wallahs - he should do it.

It will be great to see him waffle at the first step.

And sir, thanks a lot for bringing in news from the ground. We need more of such news/views.
apoorv
BRFite

Post by apoorv »

Pappu just said Dalits need escape velocity to succeed in India. Whatever that means.

He is trying too hard to compete with Modi but all efforts are falling flat.