Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Neela
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by Neela »

krishnan wrote:
14:32 Live! Rahul invokes Rajiv, Indira in Raj rally: I played with grandmother's assassins : Rahul Gandhi's gets emotional at the rally in Churu, Rajasthan. Says he understands the pain of loss. "I have faced this twice, they killed my grandmother and my father, they might kill me too. But I'm not afraid. I used to play with the men who killed my grandmother," he says and adds that Indira Gandhi's assassins wanted to kill her on Diwali.
On to the anti-BJP rhetoric: The BJP sets fires, the Congress douses fires. BJP plays with the anger of people, vitiates the atmosphere.
Rahul, you too were on fire ( at a farmhouse party ) when Mumbai was on fire in 2008. Pappa & grandma didnt come to your mind then?
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

krishnan wrote:
14:32 Live! Rahul invokes Rajiv, Indira in Raj rally: I played with grandmother's assassins : Rahul Gandhi's gets emotional at the rally in Churu, Rajasthan. Says he understands the pain of loss. "I have faced this twice, they killed my grandmother and my father, they might kill me too. But I'm not afraid. I used to play with the men who killed my grandmother," he says and adds that Indira Gandhi's assassins wanted to kill her on Diwali.

On to the anti-BJP rhetoric: The BJP sets fires, the Congress douses fires. BJP plays with the anger of people, vitiates the atmosphere.
From first post

Rahul Gandhi in Churu; Comedy Shuru
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Rahul Gandhi asks -- how should the leader be -- crowd replies, like Narendra Modi !!!
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

^^^
Caught on video by any chance?
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

pathetic that he has to go back to 90s and 80s to get vote. next step is to go all the way back to 1947 we got you independence..
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

I am beginning to feel rahul gandhi is right on the state-of-mind...
this italian mafia, firang subordination, fairness is superior, etc. has still not left people's slave mindsets... and he is right, that many things are state of mind, iff his mom, being a firang by origin, her citizenship itself is a state of mind.. and a culture within him being grown with a state of mind.

a product of state of mind is a no-utter-nonsense for desh mindsets. he has a big market in desh.. where the number of slave mindsets overwhelmingly supercedes responsible freedom lovers.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

krishnan wrote:

I thought those cheques have already been encashed by due dates. Is he trying to encash it again. He has to get a new cheque.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

and modi is the one who got real death threats and real killers after him..

IIRC, rahul has never been threatened..
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

abhik wrote:^^^
Caught on video by any chance?
It was on India TV. I will hunt for the clip on youtube.
Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

Pls delete
Last edited by Rahul Mehta on 23 Oct 2013 19:33, edited 1 time in total.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

^ RM what does this have to do with this thread and whats with the numbers, commas and dots?
Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

vivek.rao wrote:I read your PDF document on rahulmehta.com. A lot of reformist ideas. There was never any mention of Ayodhya there. Why are so adamant that Modi start addressing it now?
Pls download http://rahulmehta.com/301.htm . The book went into print in dec-2012, and since then not one letter has changed. "chap-35 - Ram Janambhoomi issue; Reducing Govt control over Temples, Mosques" talks about Tridevalaya. I had posted one 2008 edition on BR, and many worthies may be having a copy of it. That edition also has Tridevalaya issue.

Tridevalaya has been part of the FIRST edition which came out in oct-1998 and has been part of the book since then. And I have supported Tridevalaya since my IIT days in 1989. I had bitterly opposed what VHP did in dec-1992 because it was the stupidest of all possible ways. I had suggested referendum route, which they dismissed as too academic and "too american".
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Why this khujli if a sadhu is facing an fir fkr alleged wrong doing. Modi should get the police to drop the fir? In so doing waltz into a secular trap.

He should let the law take its own course. The wronged individual has a right to sue the accuser in a civil suit for harassment and damages.

Why the khujli?
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

C'mon guys, any tricks. I am trying so hard to get the video of Namo chants in Pappu's rally.
mayo
BRFite -Trainee
Location: Madrasa Theory of Relativity (M>EC^2) Madrasa Logic > Earthly Logic * Civilization^2

Post by mayo »

muraliravi wrote:C'mon guys, any tricks. I am trying so hard to get the video of Namo chants in Pappu's rally.
http://www.indiatvnews.com/video/rajast ... 2.132.html
rajithn
BRFite

Post by rajithn »

mayo
BRFite -Trainee
Location: Madrasa Theory of Relativity (M>EC^2) Madrasa Logic > Earthly Logic * Civilization^2

Post by mayo »

rajithn wrote:
Its been taken down.
Still available for me...
rajithn
BRFite

Post by rajithn »

mayo wrote:
Still available for me...
Such a pity it isnt for me. Says "error loading file". Would have Loved to watch it.

Update: didnt work onmy ipad. Watching it on my mac!
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

He talked about Papa , mama and dadi from Dil and said in such rallies people talk of Vikas and growth etc.

Well he indeed looked like a lost Pup, immature and unstable needing baby feeding .

krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

works for me
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

From youtube.

Is this the same thing?
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Rahul Mehta wrote:
vivek.rao wrote:I read your PDF document on rahulmehta.com. A lot of reformist ideas. There was never any mention of Ayodhya there. Why are so adamant that Modi start addressing it now?
Pls download http://rahulmehta.com/301.htm . The book went into print in dec-2012, and since then not one letter has changed. "chap-35 - Ram Janambhoomi issue; Reducing Govt control over Temples, Mosques" talks about Tridevalaya. I had posted one 2008 edition on BR, and many worthies may be having a copy of it. That edition also has Tridevalaya issue.

Tridevalaya has been part of the FIRST edition which came out in oct-1998 and has been part of the book since then. And I have supported Tridevalaya since my IIT days in 1989. I had bitterly opposed what VHP did in dec-1992 because it was the stupidest of all possible ways. I had suggested referendum route, which they dismissed as too academic and "too american".
OK. I saw that.

Let me ask you one thing:

1. Economy is in doldrums. No jobs. No Growth
2. Governance is at the bottom pit. Scams,Scams,Scams
3.Every institution is destroyed from CBI,PMO,EC,IB to SC. Every thing has been compromised with suspicious people
4. They are introducing laws to harass Hindus using Communal Violence Bill
5. Currency is in doldrums
6. Deficit,Debt,BOP,Inflation,Prices all at record Highs

People are crying for better administration,Growth,Opportunities and Onions.

Now you want Modi/Amit Shah to focus on temple and address people that as soon as become PM, he will deal with Ayodhya temple?
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

great interview... love this guy.. Amit bhai age badho.. Although it may cause some heartburn to RM garu.. Rahul Kanwal follows his swadharma and displays his inherent assorted q-tiyapa.. :rotfl:

Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Rajasthan polls: Pro-Modi slogans at Rahul rally

http://www.indiatvnews.com/video/rajast ... 2.132.html
shyamoo
BRFite

Post by shyamoo »

Just had an interesting discussion with a gulti colleague of mine ( close friend too )... Never discussed politics with him before.

I asked him to make sure that he contacts at least 10 members of his family ( in Hyderabad ) and ensure that they vote for Modi. He said that he didn't care about Modi and asked me what should his punishment be for 1000s of deaths that he caused in Gujarat!!
He works in a group that is completely filled with guys from Gujarat and does not have a good relationship with them and hence his dislike of Modi. I know.. talk about generalization...

I spent 30 minutes with him explaining the 2002 riots and the actions taken by him at that time and about NaMo's work in general. Once, he had the facts, he changed his arguments to something like NaMo did not do enough and that he could have used Rapid action force etc..etc. I informed him that he did all that and more .. including request help from all and sundry and was refused.

I also informed him that more hindus died in police firing than muslims. If NaMo was responsible for the carnage, why would more hindus die in police firing? For this he had no answer. I managed to get him to start thinking on alternate view points. BTW, he does puja and stuff every single day and I informed him about the new anti-superstition (or some such stuff) law and how it may impact him in future.

I plan spending more time with him and I WILL convert him. That will be my project for the next few months. He is rather opinionated and stubborn in his view points. But he has more than met his match :D

I promised to send him some links regarding the riots and other articles on what NaMo has done for Gujarat.

I have come across many people that are ignorant or indifferent or both and so do not care much for NaMo. This needs to change.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

sudarshan wrote:From youtube.

Is this the same thing?
yes
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Wrong thread
Last edited by Sushupti on 23 Oct 2013 23:08, edited 1 time in total.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Siddharth Varadarajan's Memo On Modi Coverage

http://blogs.outlookindia.com/default.a ... 064&eid=31
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

vnmshyam wrote:Just had an interesting discussion with a gulti colleague of mine ( close friend too )... Never discussed politics with him before.

I asked him to make sure that he contacts at least 10 members of his family ( in Hyderabad ) and ensure that they vote for Modi. He said that he didn't care about Modi and asked me what should his punishment be for 1000s of deaths that he caused in Gujarat!!
He works in a group that is completely filled with guys from Gujarat and does not have a good relationship with them and hence his dislike of Modi. I know.. talk about generalization...

I spent 30 minutes with him explaining the 2002 riots and the actions taken by him at that time and about NaMo's work in general. Once, he had the facts, he changed his arguments to something like NaMo did not do enough and that he could have used Rapid action force etc..etc. I informed him that he did all that and more .. including request help from all and sundry and was refused.

I also informed him that more hindus died in police firing than muslims. If NaMo was responsible for the carnage, why would more hindus die in police firing? For this he had no answer. I managed to get him to start thinking on alternate view points. BTW, he does puja and stuff every single day and I informed him about the new anti-superstition (or some such stuff) law and how it may impact him in future.

I plan spending more time with him and I WILL convert him. That will be my project for the next few months. He is rather opinionated and stubborn in his view points. But he has more than met his match :D

I promised to send him some links regarding the riots and other articles on what NaMo has done for Gujarat.

I have come across many people that are ignorant or indifferent or both and so do not care much for NaMo. This needs to change.
Thanks for the effort VMShyamji, send him Madhu Kishwar's ModiNama as well.

Some of them project their own failings, anger and what not on Narendra Modi and get worked up.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Sushupti ji, above posts must go into Indian media watch thread which itself is in nonburkha forum and will draw more eyeballs.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

kmkraoind and vnshyam you are awesome.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

vnmshyam wrote:Just had an interesting discussion with a gulti colleague of mine ( close friend too )... Never discussed politics with him before.

Nice work saar. But what does "gulti" mean?
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Slang for telgu. Not a putdown though
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Rahul Gandhi has opened Pandora's Box by talking about his Dadi and his father, and his experience of their deaths "in the nation's service."

Leave aside the dubious actions of those leaders which were directly responsible for their deaths. If Rahul Gandhi wants to bring his Paternal Family into the discourse, hoping to swing votes in his favour based on Dynasty loyalism, then his Maternal Family should receive no less scrutiny!

The below is particularly interesting in light of the "Fascist" and "Adolf Hitler" rhetoric coming out of various CongMongrels' mouths after NaMo's Kanpur rally.

http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?205112
MEETING MR. MAINO Feb 23, 1998

THE sparkling white colonnades of 10, Janpath are a long way in distance, time and the trappings of power from 14, Via Bellini, a nondescript house in a slushy lane of Orbassano, a grey industrial town on the outskirts of Turin, the city which exports Fiat cars and machines. That house was proudly built by the rough-hewn hands of Stefano Maino, a building worker who after years of effort had established a small construction business by the 1960s.

He took special pride in his work-worn hands and in the dignity of labour which had motivated him to build a bungalow for his wife and three daughters, Sonia, Nadia and Anoushka. He waved those hands before me some 20 years ago in Orbassano to illustrate that he was a self-made man who had created all that he owned with his own labour. He wished to disprove the allegations made even then that the Maino family had grown rich due to its Gandhi connection.

At that time, in the autumn of 1977, shortly after the Emergency, Maino was not too happy about his daughter Sonia's Indian connections. He resignedly noted: "After Sonia's marriage everyone thinks we have got rich and made free trips to India. But we have paid for everything ourselves. Sonia's marriage has been an expensive thing for us." He also mentioned that Sonia, her husband and children and their ayah, too, used to descend on Orbassano during the summer holidays, causing considerable expense. On the other hand, he claimed he had helped India's foreign exchange position by encouraging several of his friends to visit India as tourists.

Maino had absolute faith in the integrity of his son-in-law Rajiv. He was confident "that Rajiv has no connections in the Boeing or any other deal. Rajiv is not in the least interested in such matters". As for the corruption charges then being made against Sanjay Gandhi, "he is just a boy and businessmen and politicians may have used him.... Sanjay is a young politician and not very experienced. That is why he has not been successful."

Indira Gandhi's arrest in 1977 on the orders of the then home minister, Charan Singh, had worried Maino, but not much. He was mainly worried about the future of his grandchildren, Priyanka and Rahul. He glanced at the silver-framed portrait of Indira Gandhi with Priyanka and Rahul and declared: "Mrs Gandhi is the only person in India who can do good things for India."

Apart from the portrait, the other prominent feature of the dimly-lit front room of Maino's house was the collection of leather-bound speeches and writings of Benito Mussolini. I looked pointedly at them. Without batting an eyelid, Maino declared his unwavering loyalty to Mussolini and Italy's 'admirable' fascist past. The words streamed forth. The current Italian government was composed of a bunch of traitors who had betrayed Mussolini and the Fatherland. All the modern Italian political parties were hopeless, except the neo-fascist front. What Italians needed was compulsory sterilisation. Indira Gandhi smiled benignly out of the silver-frame. Nadia, Sonia's petite and pretty younger sister, sitting beside her father, looked decidedly embarrassed.

This scumbag was evidently an unapologetic fascist FIFTY YEARS after Mussolini was hanged for his crimes!

That did not stop Stefano Maino's frank and forthright expression of his views on life and politics. After all, he had proudly fought against the Russian Reds alongside Hitler's Wehrmacht on the Eastern Front in World War II. The bold and direct manner of the soldier remained with him. I felt a tinge of sadness when this blunt and straightforward man died a few years ago. Perhaps, he is up there somewhere, directing his daughter to shed her self-imposed solitude and sophistry, and to launch a bold electoral blitzkrieg on the Indian people.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

shyamoo
BRFite

Post by shyamoo »

nachiket wrote:

The going is tough.. Here's a transcript of my chat with hima few minutes ago:

Friend: One thing is sure Shyam... no matter however good man Modi is, I won't vote for him nor do I ask others for it. you can blame on my expericences or me... thats decided at least for near future...
Me: Can I ask why?
Friend: easy answer to your question is, I want to be illogical and hold on to my decision..... so no reason can explain you why I have decided like that
Me: give me the difficult answer. I would really like to understand...
Friend: I don't want to... you will try to prove that my difficult reason is illogical or can be changed.... so I am mentioning that I WANT to be illogical(not thinking) and want to hold onto my decision

Sigh!! Going to take a little more effort. Oh! He will come around..

Sent him a link to Modinama. He said that he would read and get back to me as he is going to compare that with something that he read some where.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

vnmshyam wrote:
nachiket wrote:Just had an interesting discussion with a gulti colleague of mine ( close friend too )... Never discussed politics with him before.

The going is tough.. Here's a transcript of my chat with hima few minutes ago:

Friend: One thing is sure Shyam... no matter however good man Modi is, I won't vote for him nor do I ask others for it. you can blame on my expericences or me... thats decided at least for near future...
Friend: easy answer to your question is, I want to be illogical and hold on to my decision..... so no reason can explain you why I have decided like that
Friend: I don't want to... you will try to prove that my difficult reason is illogical or can be changed.... so I am mentioning that I WANT to be illogical(not thinking) and want to hold onto my decision

Sent him a link to Modinama. He said that he would read and get back to me as he is going to compare that with something that he read some where.
He has invested his ego in anti-Modiism and may be suffering from self-loathing brown shame. Leave him and focus on other many more low-hanging fruits. He will change when MSM will start singing songs for Modi.
kittoo
BRFite

Post by kittoo »

vnmshyam wrote: The going is tough.. Here's a transcript of my chat with hima few minutes ago:

WTH! Man that is some weird psyche. But I guess that also explains why people sometimes dont do the right thing, even when its clear as day that its the right and logical thing to do.
Thanks for your efforts, Shyam saar.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

In this interview of Sidhdhaarth Varadraajan on media watch thread
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 3#p1530833

He says as professional made same occasional editorializing just like others, then suggests replace editor with another professional! So what's the point of amrikan educated professional doing same thing as another, and suggesting getting another professional only!
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

^^^ (for VMShyamJi's acquintance) :ROFL: Not sure why I expected this screenplay to be repeated.

VMShyamJi your friend does not want to admit that *he is the* communal, fascist, nazist that he is projecting on Modi. Logic will not win since he himself says his decision is illogical. The other thought is he is expecting "something" in return. That something can be as little as bragging rights or something more tangible.

So at this stage his decision is emotional. He just hates the thought of Modi and sees no good coming from there. Hence the convincing should be at emotional level. Again if convincing is the only goal. If you want to put him in a square where he does not do any harm and are able to access others who he can influence, that is also a workable ploy.

Gurus can advice better but one ploy that worked for me is to tell a person that if he cannot keep up - he will be left behind - the person was no less than having an immediate member as lok sabha MP. Here instead of getting him on the NaMo bandwagon the goal is to get him off the current band wagon he is on or offering the choice of being falling off the bandwagon and the last person left on it. Once they are off a bandwagon - they will search for a new bandwagon (or get on the same - either way respect that) but that manthan has to be brought forth.

Again this is at emotional level so logic will not work. At this stage all of shamam, damam, dandam and bhedam needs to be applied in various combinations.

For example ask your friend to talk about emergency. And the police atrocities during that. Ask him to say research "Hyderabad Goli" (or "Hyderabad Mirchi") and see what happens.

PS: On the word "Gulte or GUL(u)TE" - Only Telugus can call others (or you are such close that you can be identified as one)., others calling it will most likely be wrongly interpreted (and rightly so - since others calling it might be in derogatory fashion). Personally I refrain from calling it so as not to offend my friends unless they are very very close.
Last edited by disha on 24 Oct 2013 00:16, edited 2 times in total.